Food (how original)

Michael Trew

Oct 14, 2023, 11:50:58 AM10/14/23
Sorry for the picture quality: https://postimg.cc/gallery/nDSPv21

Breakfast/lunch, coffee and homemade biscuits (Scones? For friends
across the pond). I didn't bother with gravy this time. They should
have come out of the oven a minute or two earlier, but they were still
fluffy. Sophia's rating: "Delicious". For me, these keep for a few
days on the counter. Just split, toast, and add butter tomorrow. I
would have also had cottage cheese, but I guess I need to go shopping.

Thomas

Oct 14, 2023, 11:57:08 AM10/14/23
Looks good. Easy to make mess wise?

GM

Oct 14, 2023, 12:39:00 PM10/14/23
Those would be tasty on a cold and rainy morning like this - I ACTUALLY CLOSED SOME
WINDOWS cuz' of the coolness:

https://postimg.cc/gwZhPQKc

--
GM

Ed P

Oct 14, 2023, 1:35:12 PM10/14/23
Wow, the pictures are even in focus. I'd eat a couple of them

Michael Trew

Oct 15, 2023, 9:31:13 AM10/15/23
My fault for not buying an $800 camera... heh

Michael Trew

Oct 15, 2023, 9:32:14 AM10/15/23
Not too bad. I make them fairly regularly so it goes easily. Just wipe
the counter when done. Royal pain if I drop a piece of dough on the
kitchen floor mat then step on it, though.

Michael Trew

Oct 15, 2023, 9:33:44 AM10/15/23
I assume that you live in an apartment building. My grandmother
regularly has her windows open in the independent living building.
There's no way to get a cross breeze, and the building is always hot
anyway. Her furnace is off, yet it's still 70-some inside. My house is
holding low 60's still with no heat. Sweater weather for sure!

Bryan Simmons

Oct 15, 2023, 11:43:42 AM10/15/23
I'm letting a little cold air in because my wife just
cooked herself some broccoli.

--Bryan

GM

Oct 15, 2023, 11:59:57 AM10/15/23
It's 50 and sunny, I've got a fan going, and I'm dressed in my usual "indoor"
garb of shorts, teeshirt, and bare feet... and I never wear anything more than that,
365 days per year...

I could not be more comfortable...

;-D

--
GM

cshenk

Oct 15, 2023, 3:47:06 PM10/15/23
Got a picture of the nifty stove? I'm curious about it.

Bryan Simmons

Oct 15, 2023, 7:53:44 PM10/15/23
My preferred outfit is terry cloth robe and Dearfoams,
slippers or sometimes *just* Dearfoams.

> --
> GM

--Bryan

Michael Trew

Oct 15, 2023, 8:39:38 PM10/15/23
On 10/15/2023 3:46 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Michael Trew wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the picture quality: https://postimg.cc/gallery/nDSPv21
>>
>> Breakfast/lunch, coffee and homemade biscuits (Scones? For friends
>> across the pond).
>
> Got a picture of the nifty stove? I'm curious about it.

Don't mind the mess. This was taken recently when I was switching back
to this 50's Tappan stove. I didn't need two stoves, and I kept this
because I knew the Chambers stove from the same era would sell easier.
It sure did; $200 a week or so later. I could have asked more, but I
wanted it gone. The fridge is a 1942 Westinghouse.

https://postimg.cc/w1tv0Tvn

Gary

Oct 16, 2023, 9:10:03 AM10/16/23
I really like your old gas stove. It's in amazing condition too.
Is there storage down below to the left and right of the oven and broiler?

Michael Trew

Oct 17, 2023, 10:32:06 AM10/17/23
Thanks, Gary. The left side is storage. The right side has the
thermostat control and gas knob for the oven, plus a towel rack that
pulls out. I guess it could also be storage.

cshenk

Oct 17, 2023, 2:54:01 PM10/17/23
Nifty looking! Thanks!