Big spender here is taking the bait

Sqwertz

Sep 26, 2023, 1:30:16 AM9/26/23
The clincher for me was that they only have one other established
product that's a cordless tree pruner that they sell for $80 that
actually has great, real reviews.

21V cordless brushless 7.25" circular saw w/2 batteries. Yeah,
there's a few details missing (along with that "15 amps", eh?) but
that's all part of its alluring charm.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CHRMTJR3

Sometimes contract manufacturers sell this shit at crazy low
introductory prices as proof of goods (and other assorted
situations). They're selling it at a loss even if it's total
trash. So I'll bite.

I have 30-days to use it and trash it, and if it survives that, it
will be mounted under the table saw bench and fence I just built
with it.

ObFood: I had to get two packages of Mother's Circus Animals (you
know - the pink and white frosted ones with sprinkles, yeah,
THOSE!) to get the free shipping (net saving of another $1.02)

Dinner was marked-down ginger snaps ($1 at Walmart) and an egg
roll with ponzu to dip.

-sw

GM

Sep 26, 2023, 2:06:02 AM9/26/23
If you had any respect for people and yourself, you wouldn't post here...

And surely never the shit you usually post ... shaving and fondling your crotch, whacking off, bragging about your shit...

You are fucked up in the head...

--
GM

Thomas

Sep 26, 2023, 4:04:21 AM9/26/23
19 bucks is worth the gamble.

Sqwertz

Sep 26, 2023, 1:10:06 PM9/26/23
On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 01:04:16 -0700 (PDT), Thomas wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 1:30:16 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
>> The clincher for me was that they only have one other established
>> product that's a cordless tree pruner that they sell for $80 that
>> actually has great, real reviews.
>>
>> 21V cordless brushless 7.25" circular saw w/2 batteries. Yeah,
>> there's a few details missing (along with that "15 amps", eh?) but
>> that's all part of its alluring charm.
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CHRMTJR3
>>
>> Sometimes contract manufacturers sell this shit at crazy low
>> introductory prices as proof of goods (and other assorted
>> situations). They're selling it at a loss even if it's total
>> trash. So I'll bite.
>
> 19 bucks is worth the gamble.

The accountant in me rounds up to $20 even (+ tax, those
bastards!)

-sw

$19.95 (we'll just call it $20). And at least I'll have 2
packages of Mother's cookies to dry my tears.

-sw

Sqwertz

Sep 26, 2023, 1:21:37 PM9/26/23
On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 01:04:16 -0700 (PDT), Thomas wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 1:30:16 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
>> The clincher for me was that they only have one other established
>> product that's a cordless tree pruner that they sell for $80 that
>> actually has great, real reviews.
>>
>> 21V cordless brushless 7.25" circular saw w/2 batteries. Yeah,
>> there's a few details missing (along with that "15 amps", eh?) but
>> that's all part of its alluring charm.
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CHRMTJR3
>>
> 19 bucks is worth the gamble.

Sheeeeeiiit. I just realized it's a lefty. Time to start
practicing by eating, picking my nose, and wiping my ass
left-handed. Any tips, Ed?

-sw

Thomas

Sep 26, 2023, 3:19:05 PM9/26/23
Did the accountant forget about the points back? You do take the points right?

Thomas

Sep 26, 2023, 3:22:32 PM9/26/23
Does not look like a lefty. The knob is for your left hand. Ask jk.

Thomas

Sep 26, 2023, 7:31:16 PM9/26/23
Here's the crap I have out for delivery. Motion light.
"Under ON mode, the light could be motivated on all day long, and under the AUTO mode, the light only could be motivated on at night. Humanization design to convenient variety house illumination."

Mike Duffy

Sep 26, 2023, 8:02:13 PM9/26/23
On 2023-09-26, Thomas wrote:

> Here's the crap I have out for delivery. Motion light.

> "Under ON mode, the light could be motivated on
> all day long, and under the AUTO mode, the light
> only could be motivated on at night.

Easy enough:

'ON': Powered regardless of illumination or motion.

'AUTO': At night, will come on for a certain duration
after motion has been detected.

> Humanization design to convenient variety house illumination."

You're on your own for this. Also, keep in mind that:

1) Ballast & transformer circuity within the base of a
'compact fluorescent' creates enough RF noise to trigger
false detection of motion.

2) a nearby 'smart' utility co. power meter creates
enough RF noise to trigger false detection of motion.

3) Many models cannot handle non-resistive loads. I have half
a dozen LED bulbs in my garden shed, but one of my bulbs is
a halogen filament. If only LEDs are used, they will flash
briefly every few seconds while it is dark and the motion
detector will never be able to trigger to 'full on'.

Don't ask how I figured this out. I think I know the
problem, but for clarity & accuracy it should be referred
to someone with an EE degree,

Thomas

Sep 26, 2023, 8:33:04 PM9/26/23
This
"Motion Sensor Night Light,USB Rechargeable, Battery Powered Night Light"
Followed by this. Usb or not lol.

"Powered by AAA batteries(not included) for cordless installation, You don’t have to worry about forgetting to charge the night light and causing it to fail to work."

I will know soon. Eta now.

Sqwertz

Sep 26, 2023, 9:49:17 PM9/26/23
On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 12:19:01 -0700 (PDT), Thomas wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 1:10:06 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> 19 bucks is worth the gamble.
>> The accountant in me rounds up to $20 even (+ tax, those
>> bastards!)
>>
>> $19.95 (we'll just call it $20). And at least I'll have 2
>> packages of Mother's cookies to dry my tears.
>>
> Did the accountant forget about the points back? You do take the
> points right?

The carbide tipped points of the blade teeth?

I don't play any games or gimmicks that involve "points" that
claim to have material value. A cordless, brushless circular saw
with 2 batteries that works for 45+ minutes of cutting time and
that I got for $20 is the only reward I will anticipate.

Canned Spinach, OTOH, is still up for debate (ObFood). Has
anybody ever actually bought canned spinach? I'm not even sure it
even exists at my usual stores. It may be one of those things my
eyes skip over before it registers with my brain.

-sw

Sqwertz

Sep 26, 2023, 9:55:18 PM9/26/23
> Does not look like a lefty. The knob is for your left hand. Ask jk.

And it's parallel to the handle trigger. If I use it with my
right hand, I have to crook my head and body to the right to be
able to see the cut.

Whereas if it were a righty, I could use it one-handed (with my
right) and see the cut just fine standing straight up.

-sw

Sqwertz

Sep 26, 2023, 10:04:44 PM9/26/23
That was another reason for my purchase: No Chinglish.

I just installed one of those motion lights from Temu for $2.37.
It's the radar kind rather then the IR kind. It works well (so
far - more than 45 minutes "on time") and does not sense motion
behind the door/walls like other people claim. Mounting it upside
down (bulb pointing UP) helps with that.

-sw

Thomas

Sep 27, 2023, 4:32:58 AM9/27/23
So you need a lefty one and that is not it. I cannot say if I ever Saw a lefty saw.

Thomas

Sep 27, 2023, 4:44:08 AM9/27/23
More chinglish...
Charge for at least half year. Remove external batteries bef6re charging.

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 27, 2023, 6:13:03 AM9/27/23
You get what you pay for. A Makita knockoff is worthless. Buy
the real thing next time.

--
Cindy Hamilton

bruce bowser

Sep 27, 2023, 4:12:53 PM9/27/23
Like a Samsung phone? No charger included?

dsi1

Sep 27, 2023, 6:59:41 PM9/27/23
Most phones these days don't come with a charger. Charging through a USB-C port is the defacto charging standard and so ubiquitous that phones and other rechargeable devices are likely to come with only the cable. The most exciting thing about the new iPhone 15 is that it now comes with a USB-C port - hoo haa!
No charger for a cheap power tool? That would be a bummer.

Sqwertz

Sep 28, 2023, 1:04:58 AM9/28/23
You have no idea what I bought. Either do I yet. Get down off
that high horse and giddy up!

It's not a "knock off" of anything (unless all circular saws are
knock offs of circular saws). You're just pre-jealous that what I
got for $20 you paid $350 for. Yours may "last a lifetime", but
for 99.99875% of it's life it's been sitting unused in your garage
for $350. I'll be happy if mine lasts 150 yards.

-sw

Sqwertz

Sep 28, 2023, 1:18:22 AM9/28/23
What's he babbling about again now?

David is implying that you can charge a phone through a USB-C port
... connected to... What? Your computer?

BZZZT! They only put out .5 amps, if that. You still need an
outlet (or pad) to charge any phone with a USB-C connector.

David acts liek USB-C is the end-all of charging, but it's NO
DIFFERENT than USB Type A or B, Mini, Micro, whatever....

USB-C does support fast charging, but only when plugged into a
power source that provides 9 volts at 2+ amps. And about the only
commonplace you'll get that is from a 110-220V wall outlet
connected to a transformer or pad.

Poor David. He thinks he knows all the buzzwords and terms, but he
just doesn't know what they mean or how to use them properly.

-sw

dsi1

Sep 28, 2023, 2:08:35 AM9/28/23
You're an idiot. What I said was that phones don't typically come with chargers included. All our computers and phones use USB-C ports to charge the batteries. The reality is that USB-C is the defacto charging standard. The new iPhone 15 is an acknowledgement of that reality.
Just another post from just another bipolar rfc whiner. Take your damn meds fool.

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 28, 2023, 5:00:26 AM9/28/23
Considering the use we get out of ours, it's well worth having a
good tool.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Dave Smith

Sep 28, 2023, 9:16:18 AM9/28/23
On 2023-09-28 2:08 a.m., dsi1 wrote:

> You're an idiot. What I said was that phones don't typically come
> with chargers included. All our computers and phones use USB-C ports
> to charge the batteries. The reality is that USB-C is the defacto
> charging standard. The new iPhone 15 is an acknowledgement of that
> reality. Just another post from just another bipolar rfc whiner. Take
> your damn meds fool.

My last phone came with a USB 3 cable but no charger like those that
came with previous phones. I have lots of chargers around the house
from previous electronics, I can plug into them or into my computer.

Michael Trew

Sep 28, 2023, 10:28:09 PM9/28/23
Europe forced Apple to switch to the USB-C, and Apple drug their feet
the whole way. It didn't make sense to only sell USB-C over there, and
lightening over here, so Apple touted this as an improvement world-wide
(as if they had much choice).

> Just another post from just another bipolar rfc whiner. Take
> your damn meds fool.

Steve has no clue what's going on, so he made up a story, as is typical.

GM

Sep 29, 2023, 6:19:35 AM9/29/23
Lol, Steve apparently suffers from the same malady as Kuthe; I am using Alex' post about Kuthe and
inserting Steve's name:

"A friend of mine's son graduated from school with a Doctorate in
psychology. Over a few beers, I told him about this clown, Sqwertz, and
some of the shit he posted. For fun, he sent the information to his son
who looked at many of Sqwetz's posts. He also "consulted" with a
colleague and they both came to the same conclusion. While Sqwertz shows
strong indications of narcissism (no surprise), they also mentioned
something I've never heard of - histrionic personality disorder. I had
to look that up and it defines his behavior.

Check it out...

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/9743-histrionic-personality-disorder

That's Steve Wertz!"

😎

--
GM

Sqwertz

Sep 29, 2023, 11:45:43 PM9/29/23
There really is nothing called "USB-C" in the context you're using
it. "USB Type C" is just a connector SHAPE. Its not even a given
that it will have every pinout inside, and teh cable will have
even less than the max it supports. It has absolutely nothing do
with charging in itself (at least any more than say, a SCSI or
RS-232 connector - which can also be used for charging).

Tell us, David - What's at the other end of that USB Type C cable
that you use to charge your phone or Chromebook? It's usually a
USB Type A connector. OOPS! There goes your "USB-C charging
theory". We'll just file that in the "Ambiguous" file cabinet.

Most of the recent chromebooks and phones, however, do come with
USB Type C connectors for charging. But they are not the majority
of active charging connectors for laptops. And the ones that do
have NO STANDARD except a loose "Fast Charging" capability. These
devices run between 15-90 watts, 1.5 to 5 amps, and in either 5,
9, and/or 12 volt configurations. For this reason, Chromebooks
and laptops (and some cell phones) will ALWAYS COME WITH THEIR OWN
charger and a cable too. Because your "defacto standard USB 3.x
Type C" or even wall adapter cannot handle the max power load of
the new devices and their maximum charging capabilities. Phones
are a little more forgiving with their smaller batteries and can
fallback just fine. But if you're not using the adapter and cable
that came with your Chromebook or your laptop's Type C charging
port, then you're probably blowing it. I iPhone and the newest
Samsung products dont' come with chargers, but they will not
charge their fastest potential with older Samsung chargers, nor
will the IPhone 15 charge with the most common Samsung fast
charger (which is 9v 1.67a 15 watt).

Anyway, point is that there is signifiantly less of a "defacto
charging standard" now than there ever was when it was only USB
1.x and 2.x with type A, Mini, and Micro connectors. And USB 3.0
with any connector and only 1 amp still won't charge anything very
quick. You can't just mix and match, type C connectors to any ol
cable that will fit the power source and device and expect to be
able to charge your device.

If there was, I wouldn't have strung all these power cords and
wires from my live PC power supply out through the front panel to
use as electricity for whatever I'm working on at the moment. I
practically every connector there is somewhere in this tangled
mess, with my choice of 3.3, 5, 9 (VIA 9V battery back-fed through
all other connectors), 12, and I'm working on 24V... but no USB
type C connector (only OTG cables with USB Micro connectors).

https://i.postimg.cc/76tFSYfs/Tower-of-Power.jpg

Yeah, I should really get a standalone PC power supply. It's the
only thing I usually don't have extras of.

-sw

Sqwertz

Sep 29, 2023, 11:57:04 PM9/29/23
Chances are that your newest device is not charging at it's full
potential. And a PC USB port is pretty much the slowest, weakest
charger out there. And some of those older phone chargers may not
even put out as much as your PC USB ports.

I just cleaned house and threw away any 5V chargers with Type A
jacks and output less than 1.21 amps. There were at least 14 of
them and probably 5 of them that hadn't even been removed from
their little plastic factory bags. I have 9 left (5 fast) waiting
for a purpose, and probably 7-8 more plugged in somewhere doing
something or another.

-sw

Sqwertz

Sep 30, 2023, 12:32:34 AM9/30/23
On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 22:28:07 -0400, Michael Trew wrote:

> Europe forced Apple to switch to the USB-C, and Apple drug their feet
> the whole way. It didn't make sense to only sell USB-C over there, and
> lightening over here, so Apple touted this as an improvement world-wide
> (as if they had much choice).

Apple was also dragging their feet when Europe announced USB Micro
connectors as the charging standard. While apple was still
gripping firewire, which was still more powerful than anything
connected VIA a USB Micro port.

>> Just another post from just another bipolar rfc whiner. Take
>> your damn meds fool.
>
> Steve has no clue what's going on, so he made up a story, as is typical.

Huh? Is that going to be your new de-facto standard when posting
to/about me - all these brainless ad-hominem attacks that my flock
of kooks also adopted as they battle each other for a very smalla
nd finite pool of wits between them.

You'll just get dumber in everything you do from here on out.
Guaranteed! WELCOME to my flock!

I know more about this shit than 5 Trews 8 Davids stuffed into an
anchovy bottle (ObFood). If you (or David) have something factual
to argue with what I posted then by all means - lets hear it.
Pussy!

-sw

Dave Smith

Sep 30, 2023, 10:00:51 AM9/30/23
On 2023-09-29 11:56 p.m., Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:16:10 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> On 2023-09-28 2:08 a.m., dsi1 wrote:
>>>

>>> You're an idiot. What I said was that phones don't typically come
>>> with chargers included. All our computers and phones use USB-C ports
>>> to charge the batteries. The reality is that USB-C is the defacto
>>> charging standard. The new iPhone 15 is an acknowledgement of that
>>> reality. Just another post from just another bipolar rfc whiner. Take
>>> your damn meds fool.
>>
>> My last phone came with a USB 3 cable but no charger like those that
>> came with previous phones. I have lots of chargers around the house
>> from previous electronics, I can plug into them or into my computer.
>
> Chances are that your newest device is not charging at it's full
> potential. And a PC USB port is pretty much the slowest, weakest
> charger out there. And some of those older phone chargers may not
> even put out as much as your PC USB ports.

There are times that I am not overly concerned about the speed of the
charging. I can connect my phone to my computer when I am online and it
may or may not be fully charged when I am finished. The charger that
came with my previous phone will charge it in 45 minutes, but if I am
plugging it in overnight it doesn't make any difference to me if it is
charged in a half hour or 8 hours. I always turn my phone off
overnight. We cannot turn off Amber Alerts here so I shut it off so I
won't be awakened in the middle of the night for a custody dispute 300
miles away.

Michael Trew

Sep 30, 2023, 10:51:35 AM9/30/23
On 9/30/2023 12:32 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 22:28:07 -0400, Michael Trew wrote:
>
>> Europe forced Apple to switch to the USB-C, and Apple drug their feet
>> the whole way. It didn't make sense to only sell USB-C over there, and
>> lightening over here, so Apple touted this as an improvement world-wide
>> (as if they had much choice).
>
> Apple was also dragging their feet when Europe announced USB Micro
> connectors as the charging standard. While apple was still
> gripping firewire, which was still more powerful than anything
> connected VIA a USB Micro port.
>
>> Steve has no clue what's going on, so he made up a story, as is typical.
>
> I know more about this shit than 5 Trews 8 Davids stuffed into an
> anchovy bottle (ObFood). If you (or David) have something factual
> to argue with what I posted then by all means - lets hear it.

David's comment was directed about Apple changing the port on their new
i-Devices to the standardized USB port which the rest of the smart phone
world uses, save a few low-end micro-USB devices. No one wanted to
argue over any technical aspects, except for you.

GM

Sep 30, 2023, 11:03:38 AM9/30/23
We see that Steve is still "humiliated" in life because of his "dwarf" physical status...

If they did a remake of "The Wizard of Oz", Steve could star as the Lead Munchkin, lol...!!!

https://www.webmd.com/children/dwarfism-causes-treatments

"Dwarfism is when a person is short in stature because of their genes or a medical reason. It’s
defined by the advocacy groups Little People of the World Organization (LPOTW) and Little People
of America (LPA) as an adult height of 4 feet 10 inches or under, as a result of a medical or genetic
condition. Other groups extend the criteria for certain forms of dwarfism to 5 feet, but the average
height of an adult with dwarfism is 4 feet...

Anyone with dwarfism may encounter people who call them names or don’t understand their
condition. Kids with dwarfism who have lower self-esteem may need emotional support from
their parents to deal with their feelings..."

</>

Sqwertz

Sep 30, 2023, 9:52:10 PM9/30/23
On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 10:00:43 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> We cannot turn off Amber Alerts here so I shut it off so I
> won't be awakened in the middle of the night for a custody dispute 300
> miles away.

The only thing we can't shut off is the president. But I can at
least turn off the emergency tone (supposedly). I've learned
that's one the first things I do when I get another phone = I've
had 5 amber alerts in 20 minutes on different devices.

Amber alerts are always associated with a license plate and
make/model. Practcially all cop cars can process 250 license
plates every minute just being on the road. How many will I note
in any given year - ZERO.

OTOH, a Silver Alert was found drowned in my back yard a decade or
so ago. They had called twice around midnight with a landline
recording. And even if I did recognize the street as the one
across the creek and up a big cliff, it's not like I would gone
out and looked in the creek. But a helicopter was flying low over
the creek and I went down to check it out and she was paddling up
a storm when I first saw her. But then I realized she was stiff,
arms outstretched, and the wind from the helicopter blades at 50
feet above were what was making her do those logroll strokes -
turning her like a half-submerged windmill.

Anyway - What was the subject? Oh, I got my saw. I'll make
another thread out of it. This one's stale.

-sw

Sqwertz

Sep 30, 2023, 10:09:29 PM9/30/23
Thas odd about how you can get dromatic anbout teh littleest
things, but then downplay and over-simplify something when you
perceive it to your advantage and as a retort to Big Bad Sqwertz.

"Charging through a USB-C port is the defacto charging standard
and so ubiquitous that phones and other rechargeable devices are
likely to come with only the cable."

Which is/was his real claim, and it is totally ignorant and bogus.
You're too dim even see the argument. But you'll twist it to
argue with me.

USB-C is NOT a charging standard. It is only a connector.
There's IS NO standard unless he wants to discuss USB-PD/BC
standards (which are still quite open but beyond David's buzzword
vocabulary).

-sw

Michael Trew

Sep 30, 2023, 11:33:38 PM9/30/23
On 9/30/2023 9:52 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 10:00:43 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> We cannot turn off Amber Alerts here so I shut it off so I
>> won't be awakened in the middle of the night for a custody dispute 300
>> miles away.
>
> The only thing we can't shut off is the president. But I can at
> least turn off the emergency tone (supposedly). I've learned
> that's one the first things I do when I get another phone = I've
> had 5 amber alerts in 20 minutes on different devices.

I've helped people turn off those alerts on a smart phone before. The
easiest solution is to have a 22 year old Nokia brick phone, like me. I
don't ever get alerts. ;)