OT: sparked some long lost BBQ Thread

jmcquown

Jan 26, 2018, 11:26:49 AM1/26/18
Kenny Rogers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GVr1l7Xbko

There was a Kenny Rogers rotisserie & fried chicken location very
briefly near where I worked in Memphis. It didn't last long.

Jill

U.S. Janet B.

Jan 26, 2018, 12:01:31 PM1/26/18
On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 11:26:34 -0500, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
I miss his original face ;(
Janet US

sockmo...@comcast.net

Jan 26, 2018, 2:10:55 PM1/26/18
Janet US, I know, right? I saw him very close up in a concert once years ago, and he was so good looking. Plastic surgery did nothing for him, he's unrecognizable. A few years ago I saw his picture in an add for a concert and thought, hey, they got the wrong pic, that's not Kenny Rogers!

Denise in NH

tert in seattle

Jan 26, 2018, 2:40:05 PM1/26/18
he might have known when to fold them, and when to hold them, but
clearly he did not know when to nip and tuck them

casa sobre ruedas

Jan 26, 2018, 6:24:08 PM1/26/18
LOL!

jmcquown

Jan 30, 2018, 9:07:18 PM1/30/18
We all get old, don't we? His chicken restaurant didn't last.

Ko;;

Broce

Jan 30, 2018, 9:08:32 PM1/30/18
On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 21:07:10 -0500, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
Nor will his biddie music.

Hank Rogers

Jan 30, 2018, 11:11:49 PM1/30/18
l not -l wrote:
> I never had the opportunity to try the chicken; but, I enjoyed
> the Seinfeld episode about KR chicken, "The Chicken Roaster".
> 8-)

The rerun was on just recently. Pretty funny stuff. I also never had the
opportunity to eat kenny's chicken, only knew they existed.

Broce

Jan 30, 2018, 11:38:32 PM1/30/18
On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 22:11:41 -0600, Hank Rogers <nos...@invalid.net>
wrote:
And Sylvester's steak, did you ever try that?

Caída de la casa

Jan 30, 2018, 11:44:33 PM1/30/18
Oh really?????

You know SO little:

http://kennyrogersroasters.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Rogers_Roasters

Number of restaurants and countries of operation
Kenny Rogers Roasters, Berjaya Times Square, Kuala Lumpur

In its 2012 Annual Report, Berjaya Corporation Berhad reported that as
of April 30, 2012, Kenny Rogers Roasters restaurants numbered 74 in
Malaysia and 8 in Indonesia.[23]

It was also mentioned that the countries in which Roasters Asia Pacific
(Hong Kong). Limited have operations include the United States,
Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, China, Philippines and Bangladesh.

In addition, Roasters Asia Pacific had also been undergoing expansion in
other international territories which include India and the Middle East.
In 2013, Kenny Rogers Roasters opened its first outlet in Brunei on
January 2013.[24] The second outlet for Brunei was opened at Tanjung
Bunut in June 2015.

Kenny Rogers Roasters started operations in Bangladesh in December 2012
with a restaurant in Gulshan, Dhaka. Plan for a second branch has been
cancelled.

In June 2014, Kenny Rogers opened in Phnom Penh, Cambodia in the Aeon
Mall. This is the chain's first location in Cambodia.

The Kenny Rogers Roasters expansion to UAE happened in June 2015 at
Al-Karama, Dubai.

The first KRR in Thailand opened in December 2016, in the Laguna area of
Phuket, and there are plans to open others, in Phuket first and then in
other parts of Thailand.[25]

dsi1

Jan 31, 2018, 2:00:20 AM1/31/18
Occasionally, he'll just drop in to see what condition his chicken is in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCNORo_tmKs

Broce

Jan 31, 2018, 4:00:53 AM1/31/18
On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 23:00:13 -0800 (PST), dsi1 <dsi...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
That's not bad. How did Kenny Rogers become such a mega cheeseball
then?

Caída de la casa

Jan 31, 2018, 10:38:27 AM1/31/18
I think it's all under the warming lights now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_3nockeqlk

dsi1

Jan 31, 2018, 11:56:50 AM1/31/18
On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 5:38:27 AM UTC-10, Caída de la casa wrote:

> I think it's all under the warming lights now:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_3nockeqlk

That's just creepy and sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_zt_FLNRrY

Gary

Jan 31, 2018, 12:04:50 PM1/31/18
dsi1 wrote:

> Caída de la casa wrote:
> >
> > I think it's all under the warming lights now:
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_3nockeqlk
>
> That's just creepy and sad.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_zt_FLNRrY

What a worthless two posts. I thought usenet was about texting
and conversation. The two responses above don't say anything
except to demand a youtube watch. Sad, imo.

It's happening way too often too even in other newsgroups.
Just a link to something without a basic description of what they
want you to see.

tert in seattle

Jan 31, 2018, 1:10:04 PM1/31/18
g.ma...@att.net writes:
>dsi1 wrote:
Usenet has really gone down hill

Caída de la casa

Jan 31, 2018, 2:42:24 PM1/31/18
LoL!!!

" Hey buddy..."

I think we should all pitch in and send Kenny some nice /chile/powder...

Caída de la casa

Jan 31, 2018, 2:46:12 PM1/31/18
On 1/31/2018 10:03 AM, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
Oh c'mon, where's the fun in labeling every stinking jelly Belly bean???

https://bluecottonmemory.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/jellybelly-flavor-guide.jpg

Live dangerously dude, take a link and pass it on....

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZuXo3mMEb38u4/giphy.gif

Caída de la casa

Jan 31, 2018, 3:01:10 PM1/31/18
Usenet went downhill long about the time eternal september was coined.

Now it's just an old boomers' sandbox...

Caída de la casa

Jan 31, 2018, 3:34:42 PM1/31/18
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/$20W.$20Lohman

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/casa$20boner

My mental health professional has directed me to apologize to this
group at large and to Marty and Steven in specific for acting out
here. A change in my medications is being made to address a disorder I
have been experiencing this summer. I will be monitored, but I am no
longer allowed to engage in certain activities I previously have
enjoyed as they exacerbate my condition. I apologize for being
disruptive, in a better state of mind this was generally not an issue
for me.

penm...@aol.com

Jan 31, 2018, 4:37:24 PM1/31/18
Get The FUCK Outta Here, COWARDLY FAGGOT!

penm...@aol.com

Jan 31, 2018, 4:40:35 PM1/31/18
Caída de la casa AUSSIE ASS FUCK wrote

>On 1/31/2018 10:03 AM, Gary wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:

>>> That's just creepy and sad.
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_zt_FLNRrY
>>
>> What a worthless two posts. I thought usenet was about texting
>> and conversation. The two responses above don't say anything
>> except to demand a youtube watch. Sad, imo.
>>
>> It's happening way too often too even in other newsgroups.
>> Just a link to something without a basic description of what they
>> want you to see.
>>

>Oh c'mon, where's the fun, it's a big dick up your Aussie Butthole.

dsi1

Jan 31, 2018, 4:44:13 PM1/31/18
On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 7:04:50 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> What a worthless two posts. I thought usenet was about texting
> and conversation. The two responses above don't say anything
> except to demand a youtube watch. Sad, imo.
>
> It's happening way too often too even in other newsgroups.
> Just a link to something without a basic description of what they
> want you to see.

Hey pal, 1998 called - they want their world back. Ha ha ha. The reality is that this is 2018 and the the world you live in is dead and gone. This ain't your granddaddy's Usenet.

OTOH, I am a kind and generous person so I'll spend some of my precious time to describe the videos just for you. The first one was of a hideously tanned Kenny Rodgers singing one of the First Edition's hit tunes. He looks rather feeble and oddly colored.

The second one was a scene from a hit TV series showing a man imagining a man's hideously tanned face on a roasted turkey. The man is frightened when the turkey-man speaks to him and waves his turkey wing. It is truly a horrible clip. It's just as well that you cannot see it.

dsi1

Jan 31, 2018, 4:48:55 PM1/31/18
On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 8:10:04 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:

> Usenet has really gone down hill

Back in the day it was mostly academics, scientists, researchers, military, and government people that posted. It went downhill because these days, any Tom, Dick, and Harry, can post. Mostly, it's a forum for shut-ins, gossips, and bullies.

dsi1

Jan 31, 2018, 4:55:17 PM1/31/18
On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 9:42:24 AM UTC-10, Caída de la casa wrote:
> LoL!!!
>
> " Hey buddy..."
>
> I think we should all pitch in and send Kenny some nice /chile/powder...

Back in the old days, I think those guys in the First Edition was hitting that powder but it wasn't Chile.

I think that parts of this was shot in New Mexico. Would this be correct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPdlfIhzPEo

Caída de la casa

Jan 31, 2018, 5:15:35 PM1/31/18

Caída de la casa

Jan 31, 2018, 5:18:25 PM1/31/18
On 1/31/2018 2:44 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 7:04:50 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>>
>> What a worthless two posts. I thought usenet was about texting
>> and conversation. The two responses above don't say anything
>> except to demand a youtube watch. Sad, imo.
>>
>> It's happening way too often too even in other newsgroups.
>> Just a link to something without a basic description of what they
>> want you to see.
>
> Hey pal, 1998 called - they want their world back. Ha ha ha.

<GUFFAW!>

> The reality is that this is 2018 and the the world you live in is dead and gone. This ain't your granddaddy's Usenet.

And it darned sure ain't Fidonet either...

> OTOH, I am a kind and generous person so I'll spend some of my precious time to describe the videos just for you. The first one was of a hideously tanned Kenny Rodgers singing one of the First Edition's hit tunes. He looks rather feeble and oddly colored.

Maybe a Crystal Palace binge is to blame...

> The second one was a scene from a hit TV series showing a man imagining a man's hideously tanned face on a roasted turkey. The man is frightened when the turkey-man speaks to him and waves his turkey wing. It is truly a horrible clip. It's just as well that you cannot see it.

Lol, I may be seeing thaat image for days...

Caída de la casa

Jan 31, 2018, 5:25:00 PM1/31/18
And most importantly there are no more young folks here.

I mean this is the CB radio of the internet...

https://media.giphy.com/media/3qofjJoxF2KyI/giphy.gif

dsi1

Jan 31, 2018, 5:30:24 PM1/31/18
On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 12:25:00 PM UTC-10, Caída de la casa wrote:

> And most importantly there are no more young folks here.
>
> I mean this is the CB radio of the internet...
>
> https://media.giphy.com/media/3qofjJoxF2KyI/giphy.gif

The question is where do all the academic/professional types network these days? My guess is that a place exists but they ain't telling. They won't make the same mistake twice. Eternal September indeed. Ha ha.

Caída de la casa

Jan 31, 2018, 5:43:05 PM1/31/18
On 1/31/2018 2:55 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 9:42:24 AM UTC-10, Caída de la casa wrote:
>> LoL!!!
>>
>> " Hey buddy..."
>>
>> I think we should all pitch in and send Kenny some nice /chile/powder...
>
> Back in the old days, I think those guys in the First Edition was hitting that powder but it wasn't Chile.

You ain't a kidding there!

The matching Grizzly Adams beards and hair are amusing too...

> I think that parts of this was shot in New Mexico. Would this be correct?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPdlfIhzPEo

Some of this looks like the open playas located down by the town
of...Playas!

https://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/6604801.jpg

But there is so much sand and so little of our ubiquitous mesquite and
creosote scrub:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qZoMa0cBxCs/T6CBCj2D5xI/AAAAAAAAAJI/MZHubwRjYeo/s1600/IMG_5386.JPG

...that I am inclined to say it looks more like where they shot those
Star wars scenes in Tunisia:

http://starwarsplaces.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Star-Wars-Canyoun-Sandcrawler.jpg

Now it might also be somewhere over on the WSMR near Alamogordo, maybe:

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/73492455.jpg

So you tell me, do you know?

Btw a Citroen DS hover-car is ultra cool!

Caída de la casa

Jan 31, 2018, 6:15:41 PM1/31/18
Skype?

I know their always lively chatrooms were a hoot until MS pulled the
plug on 'em.

Remember how the early Netscrape broswers came with a chat and
collaboration tool called Cool Talk?

Used to be fun to prank call some professionals at lunch hour and send
them cartoons.

;-)

Now smart phones have walkie talkie apps nationwide.

I used one called Zello, but when I logged in to some Toronto, Canada
channels it was all angry Muzzie talk.

Or at least they sounded angry to me.

Too much winter will make warm-blooded folks testy I believe.

Cheri

Jan 31, 2018, 10:44:40 PM1/31/18
"Caída de la casa" <ho...@cra.sh> wrote in message

> I know their always lively chatrooms were a hoot until MS pulled the plug
> on 'em.

That's the truth, I loved Chat 2.5, a politics chatroom, great! I hated when
they shut it down, even though there was a moderator there named Templeton
who booted dh and I quite often. LOL

Cheri

Cheri

Jan 31, 2018, 10:46:39 PM1/31/18
"Gary" <g.ma...@att.net> wrote in message news:5A71F6FE...@att.net...

> What a worthless two posts. I thought usenet was about texting
> and conversation. The two responses above don't say anything
> except to demand a youtube watch. Sad, imo.

Here you go Gary, it's a link to a very popular BBQ place that is run from
the driveway in LA. :)

https://la.eater.com/2017/2/17/14651980/trudys-underground-barbecue-brisket-studio-city-photos

Bryce

Jan 31, 2018, 11:00:39 PM1/31/18
On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 19:43:35 -0800, "Cheri" <che...@newsguy.com>
wrote:
You and politics?

Caída de la casa

Feb 1, 2018, 12:04:41 AM2/1/18
Have you ever tried Paltalk?

Caída de la casa

Feb 1, 2018, 12:06:01 AM2/1/18
FOOD PORN ALERT!!!

FOOD PRON ALERT!!!

Yeah, I totally dog that, TNX!

Cheri

Feb 1, 2018, 1:34:46 AM2/1/18
"Caída de la casa" <ho...@cra.sh> wrote in message
No, I was much younger then, I don't have patience for it now. :)

Cheri

Gary

Feb 1, 2018, 11:02:27 AM2/1/18
Well...nothing that comes out of California surprises me anymore.
And don't forget all the tailgating meals in parking lots.
Jill is just weird, that's all. ;-D

And....I do like Jill so I tease her occasionally. If I don't
like someone, they are completely ignored. I sure got her worked
up this time though, didn't I? Funny. I did hit on some nerve.
:)

Gary

Feb 1, 2018, 11:03:31 AM2/1/18
dsi1 wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 7:04:50 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> >
> > What a worthless two posts. I thought usenet was about texting
> > and conversation. The two responses above don't say anything
> > except to demand a youtube watch. Sad, imo.
> >
> > It's happening way too often too even in other newsgroups.
> > Just a link to something without a basic description of what they
> > want you to see.
>
> Hey pal, 1998 called - they want their world back. Ha ha ha. The reality is that this is 2018 and the the world you live in is dead and gone. This ain't your granddaddy's Usenet.

LOL! So true - the times they are changing way too fast for me. I
still miss the original nintendo games. That said, aren't the
young trending kids still taught to respect their elders? I still
like paper books, for God's sake.

Caída de la casa

Feb 1, 2018, 11:24:34 AM2/1/18
On 1/31/2018 11:34 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Caída de la casa" <ho...@cra.sh> wrote in message
>> On 1/31/2018 8:43 PM, Cheri wrote:
>>> "Caída de la casa" <ho...@cra.sh> wrote in message

>>> That's the truth, I loved Chat 2.5, a politics chatroom, great! I
>>> hated when they shut it down, even though there was a moderator there
>>> named Templeton who booted dh and I quite often. LOL
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>
>> Have you ever tried Paltalk?
>
> No, I was much younger then, I don't have patience for it now. :)
>
> Cheri

I can totally relate!

jmcquown

Feb 1, 2018, 11:30:53 AM2/1/18
On 2/1/2018 11:02 AM, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 7:04:50 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>>>
>>> What a worthless two posts. I thought usenet was about texting
>>> and conversation. The two responses above don't say anything
>>> except to demand a youtube watch. Sad, imo.
>>>
>>> It's happening way too often too even in other newsgroups.
>>> Just a link to something without a basic description of what they
>>> want you to see.
>>
>> Hey pal, 1998 called - they want their world back. Ha ha ha. The reality is that this is 2018 and the the world you live in is dead and gone. This ain't your granddaddy's Usenet.

What the heck does that even mean, dsi1? The future of usenet means
everyone just posts a bunch of youtube links? Heh.

> LOL! So true - the times they are changing way too fast for me.

Gary, that's because you're 104 or something. (laugh)

> still miss the original nintendo games. That said, aren't the
> young trending kids still taught to respect their elders? I still
> like paper books, for God's sake.

I love actual books. The feel of a book in my hands. I read a lot of
books. I already read enough on the computer screen every week. When
it comes to reading books, I don't want to read it on a screen. Not
something backlit, glare resistent and has to be charged overnight.
Just give me a book. :)

Jill

Cheri

Feb 1, 2018, 11:35:25 AM2/1/18
"Gary" <g.ma...@att.net> wrote in message news:5A7339DB...@att.net...
Nothing that comes out of CA surprises me either. :)

Cheri

Cheri

Feb 1, 2018, 11:37:29 AM2/1/18
"Gary" <g.ma...@att.net> wrote in message news:5A733A1F...@att.net...
I used to love the original Nintendo, still have it and many games, same
with the Atari, but I haven't been able to figure out how to make any of
them work now that analog is gone from the TV's. I miss Donkey Kong. LOL

Cheri

jmcquown

Feb 1, 2018, 11:39:25 AM2/1/18
On 2/1/2018 11:01 AM, Gary wrote:
> Cheri wrote:
>>
>> "Gary" <g.ma...@att.net> wrote in message news:5A71F6FE...@att.net...
>>
>>> What a worthless two posts. I thought usenet was about texting
>>> and conversation. The two responses above don't say anything
>>> except to demand a youtube watch. Sad, imo.
>>
>> Here you go Gary, it's a link to a very popular BBQ place that is run from
>> the driveway in LA. :)
>>
>> https://la.eater.com/2017/2/17/14651980/trudys-underground-barbecue-brisket-studio-city-photos
>
> Well...nothing that comes out of California surprises me anymore.
> And don't forget all the tailgating meals in parking lots.
> Jill is just weird, that's all. ;-D

I yam what I yam. Heheh.

> And....I do like Jill so I tease her occasionally. If I don't
> like someone, they are completely ignored. I sure got her worked
> up this time though, didn't I? Funny. I did hit on some nerve.
> :)

I like you, too, Gary. But it was odd for you to challenge me about
where I store my grill or where I use it. Why would you care?

The thread was about vegans. My neighbor declared himself to be a
vegetarian going vegan when I mentioned not wanting to grill in the
snow. He did assume I'd be grilling meat. (Likely right, if I'd done
it, although I've certainly grilled vegetables many times.) The power
came back on so I was able to use the stovetop and oven. I do *not*
remember what I cooked.

Jill

Caída de la casa

Feb 1, 2018, 11:40:40 AM2/1/18
The pushing of buttons requires both patience and creativity, grasshopper...

Caída de la casa

Feb 1, 2018, 11:42:56 AM2/1/18
On 2/1/2018 9:02 AM, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 7:04:50 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>>>
>>> What a worthless two posts. I thought usenet was about texting
>>> and conversation. The two responses above don't say anything
>>> except to demand a youtube watch. Sad, imo.
>>>
>>> It's happening way too often too even in other newsgroups.
>>> Just a link to something without a basic description of what they
>>> want you to see.
>>
>> Hey pal, 1998 called - they want their world back. Ha ha ha. The reality is that this is 2018 and the the world you live in is dead and gone. This ain't your granddaddy's Usenet.
>
> LOL! So true - the times they are changing way too fast for me. I
> still miss the original nintendo games.

They're baaaaack....

https://www.nintendo.com/nes-classic

> That said, aren't the
> young trending kids still taught to respect their elders?

Absolutely maybe...

> I still like paper books, for God's sake.

Cossack!

Caída de la casa

Feb 1, 2018, 11:44:50 AM2/1/18
On 2/1/2018 9:30 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 2/1/2018 11:02 AM, Gary wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:

>>> Hey pal, 1998 called - they want their world back. Ha ha ha. The
>>> reality is that this is 2018 and the the world you live in is dead
>>> and gone. This ain't your granddaddy's Usenet.
>>
> What the heck does that even mean, dsi1?  The future of usenet means
> everyone just posts a bunch of youtube links? Heh.

Can you imagine!

Oh the horrific waste of precious "bandwidth"...

My modem will smoke in seething displeasure...

>> LOL! So true - the times they are changing way too fast for me.
>
> Gary, that's because you're 104 or something. (laugh)

>> still miss the original nintendo games. That said, aren't the
>> young trending kids still taught to respect their elders? I still
>> like paper books, for God's sake.
>>
> I love actual books.  The feel of a book in my hands.  I read a lot of
> books.  I already read enough on the computer screen every week.  When
> it comes to reading books, I don't want to read it on a screen.  Not
> something backlit, glare resistent and has to be charged overnight. Just
> give me a book. :)
>
> Jill

Screen reading at night resets the brain's circadian patterns and causes
sleep deprivation.

Caída de la casa

Feb 1, 2018, 11:46:51 AM2/1/18

Caída de la casa

Feb 1, 2018, 11:49:05 AM2/1/18
On 2/1/2018 9:39 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 2/1/2018 11:01 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Cheri wrote:
>>>
>>> "Gary" <g.ma...@att.net> wrote in message

>>> Here you go Gary, it's a link to a very popular BBQ place that is run
>>> from
>>> the driveway in LA. :)
>>>
>>> https://la.eater.com/2017/2/17/14651980/trudys-underground-barbecue-brisket-studio-city-photos
>>>

>> Well...nothing that comes out of California surprises me anymore.
>> And don't forget all the tailgating meals in parking lots.
>> Jill is just weird, that's all.  ;-D
>>
> I yam what I yam. Heheh.
>
>> And....I do like Jill so I tease her occasionally. If I don't
>> like someone, they are completely ignored. I sure got her worked
>> up this time though, didn't I?  Funny. I did hit on some nerve.
>> :)
>>
> I like you, too, Gary.  But it was odd for you to challenge me about
> where I store my grill or where I use it.  Why would you care?

Bacause he was messing with your skull...and it worked!

____
,' Y`.
/ \
\ () () /
`. /\ ,'
8====| "" |====8
`LLLU'

Cheri

Feb 1, 2018, 12:03:34 PM2/1/18
"Caída de la casa" <ho...@cra.sh> wrote in message
OK, but I have read directions on how to do it many times and still haven't
been successful. I also bought an analog tv at a garage sale but no go with
that either, so I took it to the electronic recycle. :) I have just about
every original Nintendo game and also a newere Nintendo with the 3D game
capability, but I never could get into that except for Ocarina of Time. Same
with Atari, I used to love Breakout, but maybe someday I will have a
professional figure it out for me. :)

Cheri

Caída de la casa

Feb 1, 2018, 12:13:50 PM2/1/18
Oh shoot, wish I was close by to help out...

> I also bought an analog tv at a garage sale but
> no go with that either, so I took it to the electronic recycle. :) I
> have just about every original Nintendo game and also a newere Nintendo
> with the 3D game capability, but I never could get into that except for
> Ocarina of Time. Same with Atari, I used to love Breakout, but maybe
> someday I will have a professional figure it out for me. :)
>
> Cheri

My recommendation is Best Buy's Geek Squad.

They will charge yes, but they will get it set up for you.

These "flashback" consoles come preloaded with all the games so your old
cartridges are unnecessary.

dsi1

Feb 1, 2018, 12:20:08 PM2/1/18
On Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 6:03:31 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>
> LOL! So true - the times they are changing way too fast for me. I
> still miss the original nintendo games. That said, aren't the
> young trending kids still taught to respect their elders? I still
> like paper books, for God's sake.

Respecting your elders is a good thing but complaining about the present is an old man's game. We cannot expect to fashion a world built upon old visions and ideas. If you must complain, complain about the past. The young will find that amusing. Complaining about the present is a most futile and stupid gesture.

Caída de la casa

Feb 1, 2018, 12:23:32 PM2/1/18
The present is no gift unless we unwrap it and see what's inside.

Cheri

Feb 1, 2018, 12:58:55 PM2/1/18
"Caída de la casa" <ho...@cra.sh> wrote in message
Yes, but I have the cartridges and the consoles, so why not use them? I will
keep the Geek Squad in mind, they did set up the computers and did a good
job.

Cheri

Caída de la casa

Feb 1, 2018, 3:22:05 PM2/1/18
Hmm...

Well there's this too:

https://www.wikihow.com/Hook-Up-an-Atari-to-a-Modern-Television-Set

(a basic coaxial cable converter setup)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkolAjlyqTo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFk0CHjXZ9k

(some kid's nifty ideas)

Good luck!

graham

Feb 1, 2018, 3:39:28 PM2/1/18
On 2018-02-01 10:20 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 6:03:31 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> LOL! So true - the times they are changing way too fast for me. I
>> still miss the original nintendo games. That said, aren't the
>> young trending kids still taught to respect their elders? I still
>> like paper books, for God's sake.
>
> Respecting your elders is a good thing

That's a bit of a generalisation don't you think?

Caída de la casa

Feb 1, 2018, 3:54:36 PM2/1/18
It's a core value even older than the Bible.

dsi1

Feb 1, 2018, 4:31:47 PM2/1/18
On Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 10:39:28 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:

> That's a bit of a generalisation don't you think?

It is. Very much so.

Cheri

Feb 1, 2018, 4:34:15 PM2/1/18
"Caída de la casa" <ho...@cra.sh> wrote in message
Thank you, those might be helpful to me. :)

Cheri

Dave Smith

Feb 1, 2018, 4:42:05 PM2/1/18
It is nice to think that elders deserve respect. In many cases they do not.

Bryce

Feb 1, 2018, 4:48:29 PM2/1/18
I think everybody deserves respect until proof of the contrary.

Dave Smith

Feb 1, 2018, 4:55:52 PM2/1/18
Some can betray that trust pretty quickly. I think that the assumption
about elders is that they have earned it. IMO, it takes more than just
being old to earn respect.

Bryce

Feb 1, 2018, 5:21:23 PM2/1/18
On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 16:57:58 -0500, Dave Smith
<adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>On 2018-02-01 4:48 PM, Bryce wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 16:44:10 -0500, Dave Smith
>> <adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>>> It is nice to think that elders deserve respect. In many cases they do not.
>>
>> I think everybody deserves respect until proof of the contrary.
>
>Some can betray that trust pretty quickly. I think that the assumption
>about elders is that they have earned it. IMO, it takes more than just
>being old to earn respect.

Yes, a nasty person who grows old, just becomes an old nasty person.

Caída de la casa

Feb 1, 2018, 10:18:53 PM2/1/18
Same holds for ex-trucker bullies.

Cindy Hamilton

Feb 2, 2018, 6:10:03 AM2/2/18
I think everybody deserves courtesy until proof of the contrary.
Respect must be earned.

Cindy Hamilton

Bryce

Feb 2, 2018, 6:31:50 AM2/2/18
Semantics.

graham

Feb 2, 2018, 8:39:44 AM2/2/18
Then there's: "One must respect his/her religious beliefs!"
Bollocks!
Perhaps respect his/her right to believe but not the stupid, irrational
beliefs themselves.

Dave Smith

Feb 2, 2018, 9:23:52 AM2/2/18
Yep.

Caída de la casa

Feb 2, 2018, 9:32:20 AM2/2/18
On 1/31/2018 4:37 PM, penm...@aol.com wrote:
> Caída de la COWARDLY CASA FAGGOT wrote:

>>> That's just creepy and sad.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_zt_FLNRrY
>>>
>> LoL!!!
>>
>> " Hey buddy..."
>>
>> I think we should all pitch in and send Kenny some nice /chile/powder...
>
> Get The FUCK Outta Here, COWARDLY FAGGOT!

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/$20W.$20Lohman

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/casa$20boner

My mental health professional has directed me to apologize to this
group at large and to Marty and Steven in specific for acting out
here. A change in my medications is being made to address a disorder I
have been experiencing this summer. I will be monitored, but I am no
longer allowed to engage in certain activities I previously have
enjoyed as they exacerbate my condition. I apologize for being
disruptive, in a better state of mind this was generally not an issue
for me.

Caída de la casa

Feb 2, 2018, 11:22:34 AM2/2/18
A society which means test its elders will soon find they make other
plans than sharing their acumen and wisdom.

That won't be beneficial to anyone.

Caída de la casa

Feb 2, 2018, 11:23:46 AM2/2/18
Not so.

But well past your trollish mentality.

Caída de la casa

Feb 2, 2018, 11:27:00 AM2/2/18
Faith almost be definition exists outside the parameters of solid
reality, but that does not mean it's any more "irrational" than gravity
was before Newton's apple or ultraviolet light was prior to Ritter.

One has a right to believe in a flat earth too, but at least known
science can define that as "stupid".

Religion (s) don't all immediately conflict with reason or logic.

Caída de la casa

Feb 2, 2018, 11:32:13 AM2/2/18
On 1/31/2018 4:40 PM, Sheldon Katz socked up as penm...@aol.com wrote:

>> Oh c'mon, where's the fun, it's a big dick up your Aussie Butthole.

Are New York faggots like you special?

https://imgur.com/a/9Iw5k LOL!

Caída de la casa

Feb 2, 2018, 11:35:11 AM2/2/18
You have earned precisely NONE!

dsi1

Feb 2, 2018, 1:53:12 PM2/2/18
On Friday, February 2, 2018 at 6:27:00 AM UTC-10, Caída de la casa wrote:

> Faith almost be definition exists outside the parameters of solid
> reality, but that does not mean it's any more "irrational" than gravity
> was before Newton's apple or ultraviolet light was prior to Ritter.
>
> One has a right to believe in a flat earth too, but at least known
> science can define that as "stupid".
>
> Religion (s) don't all immediately conflict with reason or logic.

Religion came about because of our special ability to comprehend time and space. We innately know that there's a past and future and of our mortality. It is the logical product of our brain structure. Why not just complain about our brains?

Consider the alternative - living as the animals do. The dinosaurs reigned over this planet for over 150 million years. They never had religion. They also never had a Jimi Hendrix or made Fender Stratocasters. We might kill off our species at any time but if you ask me, we still got the better end of the deal. Amen!

Bryce

Feb 2, 2018, 2:09:23 PM2/2/18
Atheism is also a belief.

graham

Feb 2, 2018, 2:40:20 PM2/2/18
No! It's a lack of belief!

Bryce

Feb 2, 2018, 2:48:44 PM2/2/18
It's a conviction about something we can only guess at, just like
religion.

lucreti...@fl.it

Feb 2, 2018, 3:08:14 PM2/2/18
No, it's a sign of sanity :)

graham

Feb 2, 2018, 3:20:08 PM2/2/18
That too!!!!!!
:-)

Hank Rogers

Feb 2, 2018, 4:43:56 PM2/2/18
Caída de la casa wrote:
> On 2/2/2018 6:39 AM, graham wrote:

>>> I think everybody deserves courtesy until proof of the contrary.
>>> Respect must be earned.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>
>> Then there's: "One must respect his/her religious beliefs!"
>> Bollocks!
>> Perhaps respect his/her right to believe but not the stupid,
>> irrational beliefs themselves.

snip

> Religion (s) don't all immediately conflict with reason or logic.

But, it usually doesn't take them long to get past that point :)

Caída de la casa

Feb 2, 2018, 7:41:01 PM2/2/18
On 2/2/2018 11:53 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, February 2, 2018 at 6:27:00 AM UTC-10, Caída de la casa wrote:
>>
>> Faith almost be definition exists outside the parameters of solid
>> reality, but that does not mean it's any more "irrational" than gravity
>> was before Newton's apple or ultraviolet light was prior to Ritter.
>>
>> One has a right to believe in a flat earth too, but at least known
>> science can define that as "stupid".
>>
>> Religion (s) don't all immediately conflict with reason or logic.
>
> Religion came about because of our special ability to comprehend time and space. We innately know that there's a past and future and of our mortality. It is the logical product of our brain structure. Why not just complain about our brains?

I did, the manufacturer however was non-responsive to any warranty claims.

;-/

> Consider the alternative - living as the animals do. The dinosaurs reigned over this planet for over 150 million years. They never had religion. They also never had a Jimi Hendrix or made Fender Stratocasters. We might kill off our species at any time but if you ask me, we still got the better end of the deal. Amen!

Amen brother!

Caída de la casa

Feb 2, 2018, 7:43:06 PM2/2/18
+1!

Caída de la casa

Feb 2, 2018, 7:44:43 PM2/2/18
Nope, it is /belief/ in no diety existing, still a belief as the proof
is nebulous.

Caída de la casa

Feb 2, 2018, 7:45:35 PM2/2/18
"sanity" =/ cynicism, shrew...

Caída de la casa

Feb 2, 2018, 7:47:05 PM2/2/18
It would fall precisely nowhere on any professionally accepted sanity
testing regime.