Countdown to BBQ

Janet Wilder

Oct 24, 2014, 4:53:00 PM10/24/14
Brisket was smoked yesterday, wrapped in foil then in a couple of towels
and allowed to sit for a few hours to finish up. It's in the fridge
waiting to be sliced and heated.

Slaw is done

Potato salad is done

Made a fresh batch of home-made barbecue sauce

Cooked the baked beans in the slow cooker over night. They have
molasses, ketchup, brown sugar, onions, dry mustard, and chunks of salt
pork, pepper, etc. Taste good.

Tomorrow I'll make the fruit salad and the guacamole.

It is easier on me to do things in advance.

Just learned that I am, once again, holding my friend Dyan's Chanukah
party in my house. I do the brisket and potato pancakes. Dyan doesn't
cook, but she brings good wine.
--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

sf

Oct 25, 2014, 1:47:09 AM10/25/14
On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:52:46 -0500, Janet Wilder <not...@notreal.com>
wrote:

> Brisket was smoked yesterday, wrapped in foil then in a couple of towels
> and allowed to sit for a few hours to finish up. It's in the fridge
> waiting to be sliced and heated.
>
> Slaw is done
>
> Potato salad is done
>
> Made a fresh batch of home-made barbecue sauce
>
> Cooked the baked beans in the slow cooker over night. They have
> molasses, ketchup, brown sugar, onions, dry mustard, and chunks of salt
> pork, pepper, etc. Taste good.
>
> Tomorrow I'll make the fruit salad and the guacamole.
>
> It is easier on me to do things in advance.

Sounds like everything is under control. Good job, Janet!

> Just learned that I am, once again, holding my friend Dyan's Chanukah
> party in my house. I do the brisket and potato pancakes. Dyan doesn't
> cook, but she brings good wine.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

notbob

Oct 25, 2014, 12:11:07 PM10/25/14
On 2014-10-24, Janet Wilder <not...@notreal.com> wrote:

> and allowed to sit for a few hours to finish up. It's in the fridge
> waiting to be sliced and heated.

I won't even ask.

Janet Bostwick

Oct 25, 2014, 12:14:12 PM10/25/14
On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:52:46 -0500, Janet Wilder <not...@notreal.com>
wrote:

The menu sounds perfect. I'm glad you did so many things ahead of
time. Have a happy day.
Do you serve applesauce or sour cream cucumbers with the potato
pancakes or both/neither?
Janet US

Janet Wilder

Oct 25, 2014, 12:41:11 PM10/25/14
Applesauce and sour cream. No cucumbers. DH loved sour cream on his.
I should ask if anyone else likes sour cream for next year.