I am about to have a Great Dinner!

John Kuthe

Sep 20, 2023, 5:18:54 PM9/20/23
John Kuthe, RN, BSN

Bruce

Sep 20, 2023, 5:24:46 PM9/20/23
On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 14:18:50 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
<johnk...@gmail.com> wrote:

>John Kuthe, RN, BSN

Beans and rice? (I'm asking for Jill.)

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Sep 20, 2023, 5:42:30 PM9/20/23
On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 4:18:54 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

> John Kuthe, RN, BSN

Meatloaf? Fried or baked chicken? Pork chops? Beef roast? Spaghetti
and meatballs? Baked ham?

John Kuthe

Sep 20, 2023, 5:52:16 PM9/20/23
Nope! Broccoli, Asparagus, Green Beans well and moistly KILLED, drained and buttered, over Brown Rice, Homemade Sweet and Not So Hot Beans and Garlic Potatoes!

And I may have a full time evening Nursing JOB! :-)

John Kuthe, RN, BSN

GM

Sep 20, 2023, 5:56:00 PM9/20/23
John Kuthe wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 4:42:30 PM UTC-5, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> > On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 4:18:54 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> > >
> > > John Kuthe, RN, BSN
> > >
> > Meatloaf? Fried or baked chicken? Pork chops? Beef roast? Spaghetti
> > and meatballs? Baked ham?
> Nope! Broccoli, Asparagus, Green Beans well and moistly KILLED, drained and buttered, over Brown Rice, Homemade Sweet and Not So Hot Beans and Garlic Potatoes!

Eat SHIT and DIE, you useless LAZY MOTHERFUCKER...!!!

John UNkuthe = 💩💩💩💩💩

> And I may have a full time evening Nursing JOB! :-)

There will be NO FUCKING JOB 4 U, you A$$HOLE LIAR...

LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ

🤣

--
GM

John Kuthe

Sep 20, 2023, 6:02:21 PM9/20/23
I am NOT LYING, GM, you fetid oozing pus-filled BOIL! ;-)

John Kuthe, RN, BSN

GM

Sep 20, 2023, 6:08:49 PM9/20/23

😎

--
GM

John Kuthe

Sep 20, 2023, 6:22:19 PM9/20/23
See the Pus ooze! :-(

John Kuthe, RN, BSN

GM

Sep 20, 2023, 6:29:03 PM9/20/23
No worries, Jon BOI...!!!

ALEX is waiting to SNAP up your HOUSE when it's FORECLOSED on - and SOON...!!!

;-P

--
GM

Bruce

Sep 20, 2023, 6:49:25 PM9/20/23
He doesn't eat meat and you know it.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Bryan Simmons

Sep 20, 2023, 6:55:00 PM9/20/23
On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 5:22:19 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 5:08:49 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> > John Kuthe wrote:

Pig slop.

> > > I am NOT LYING, GM, you fetid oozing pus-filled BOIL! ;-)
> > >
> > > John Kuthe, Rat's Nest, Boring Shithead NOBODY
> >

> > 😎
> >
> > --
> > GM
> See the Pus ooze! :-(

See the loozer looze. He can't pretend to be an ethical
vegetarian after his failed job at the steakhouse. John
would love steak, but he's a loser who went from inheriting
almost half a million dollars to being on food stamps in
just a few years. Yep, a squandering FAILURE.

Steak isn't for losers.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/albums/72177720311353098

> John Kuthe, RN, BSN

--Bryan

Hank Rogers

Sep 20, 2023, 7:10:38 PM9/20/23
The usual SOS meal, plus no fucking job.

But lots of crowing.

Narcissist.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Sep 20, 2023, 7:21:38 PM9/20/23
On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 5:49:25 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 14:42:25 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
> <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 4:18:54 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> >>
> >> John Kuthe, RN, BSN
> >>
> >Meatloaf? Fried or baked chicken? Pork chops? Beef roast? Spaghetti
> >and meatballs? Baked ham?
> >
> He doesn't eat meat and you know it.
>
> Bruce

He does if it's gifted to him, he just doesn't spend his money on it.

I guess he doesn't check the marked down meat bin or doesn't get
to the store in time to take advantage of it.

Bryan Simmons

Sep 20, 2023, 8:21:18 PM9/20/23
On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 6:21:38 PM UTC-5, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 5:49:25 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 14:42:25 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
> > <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:

> > >Meatloaf? Fried or baked chicken? Pork chops? Beef roast? Spaghetti
> > >and meatballs? Baked ham?
> > >
> > He doesn't eat meat and you know it.
> >
> > Bruce
> >
> He does if it's gifted to him, he just doesn't spend his money on it.

If John had been a success at being a kitchen porter,
he'd still be eating meat, but John is a FAILURE.

> I guess he doesn't check the marked down meat bin or doesn't get
> to the store in time to take advantage of it.

One doesn't even have to do that. The only marked
down meat that I *ever* buy is ground beef. Instead, I
watch the ads. This week, one store has Certified
Angus bottom round roast for $3.99/#. Chicken leg
quarters on 10# bags are often cheap, like 59 cents/#.
Pork is sometimes super cheap.

--Bryan

Ed P

Sep 20, 2023, 8:29:36 PM9/20/23
On 9/20/2023 5:18 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> John Kuthe, RN, BSN

good for you. Three hours later, 12 replies to your message. People
really love John and are happy he is eating well.

Not even a death wish! How great is that!

John Kuthe

Sep 20, 2023, 8:54:13 PM9/20/23
:-) I feel so loved! :-)

John Kuthe, RN, BSN

Bruce

Sep 20, 2023, 8:57:25 PM9/20/23
On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 16:21:34 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
<itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:

>On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 5:49:25 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 14:42:25 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
>> <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:

>> >Meatloaf? Fried or baked chicken? Pork chops? Beef roast? Spaghetti
>> >and meatballs? Baked ham?
>> >
>> He doesn't eat meat and you know it.
>>
>> Bruce
>>
>He does if it's gifted to him, he just doesn't spend his money on it.

Yes.

>I guess he doesn't check the marked down meat bin or doesn't get
>to the store in time to take advantage of it.

Maybe it's still more expensive than beans and rice.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Michael Trew

Sep 20, 2023, 11:18:28 PM9/20/23
On 9/20/2023 8:21 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 6:21:38 PM UTC-5, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
>>
>> I guess he doesn't check the marked down meat bin or doesn't get
>> to the store in time to take advantage of it.
>>
> One doesn't even have to do that. The only marked
> down meat that I *ever* buy is ground beef.

Why is that? Ground beef is the last thing that I'd want to buy
marked-down. It's probably of lower quality, and beef that's already
ground is going to turn faster than an actual roast, which you can
inspect. It's been ages since I bought ground beef, but I wouldn't
trust buying it from anyone, other than the local butcher, maybe.

Bryan Simmons

Sep 21, 2023, 7:05:55 AM9/21/23
The only place that I buy the marked down ground
beef is Schnuck's, and I know their system. The
ground beef is ground between about 9 AM and 3
PM. At around 4 PM, they mark down anything
ground the day before, so it is never more than 36
hours old.

Anything other than ground beef, I buy based on
what's on sale. As I wrote (and you snipped), "this
week, one store has Certified Angus bottom round
roast for $3.99/#." 2 days ago, I bought chicken
wings for $.99/#. They were not old.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/53203248168/in/dateposted-public/

I am a master of frugality. Now, I'm deliberately
trying to become less that way. Our financial
situation is fine, and it's going to take time to
adjust to that realization, but I'm plodding along.

**********
"In most ways I've adjusted to having money, but
it's still a little hard to pay for parking. I used to
park on Central, just north of the library and walk
the two or three blocks," Ian said, as they drove
into the parking garage.
**********

--Bryan

Michael Trew

Sep 21, 2023, 11:43:01 PM9/21/23
On 9/21/2023 7:05 AM, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> The only place that I buy the marked down ground
> beef is Schnuck's, and I know their system. The
> ground beef is ground between about 9 AM and 3
> PM. At around 4 PM, they mark down anything
> ground the day before, so it is never more than 36
> hours old.

I don't put the same faith in my local store.

> Anything other than ground beef, I buy based on
> what's on sale. As I wrote (and you snipped), "this
> week, one store has Certified Angus bottom round
> roast for $3.99/#." 2 days ago, I bought chicken
> wings for $.99/#. They were not old.
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/53203248168/in/dateposted-public/

I did see that. We usually don't see meat sales like that. I'm frugal
to the extend that I usually just don't buy meat. Plus, I don't really
like to deal with raw meat anyway.

> I am a master of frugality. Now, I'm deliberately
> trying to become less that way. Our financial
> situation is fine, and it's going to take time to
> adjust to that realization, but I'm plodding along.

Why is that? If you ask me, frugal is better regardless.

Bryan Simmons

Sep 22, 2023, 5:14:25 AM9/22/23
On Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 10:43:01 PM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 9/21/2023 7:05 AM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> >
> > The only place that I buy the marked down ground
> > beef is Schnuck's, and I know their system. The
> > ground beef is ground between about 9 AM and 3
> > PM. At around 4 PM, they mark down anything
> > ground the day before, so it is never more than 36
> > hours old.
> I don't put the same faith in my local store.
> > Anything other than ground beef, I buy based on
> > what's on sale. As I wrote (and you snipped), "this
> > week, one store has Certified Angus bottom round
> > roast for $3.99/#." 2 days ago, I bought chicken
> > wings for $.99/#. They were not old.
> > https://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/53203248168/in/dateposted-public/
> I did see that. We usually don't see meat sales like that. I'm frugal
> to the extend that I usually just don't buy meat. Plus, I don't really
> like to deal with raw meat anyway.

No wonder you don't like eating it, if you don't like
even dealing with it at all.

> > I am a master of frugality. Now, I'm deliberately
> > trying to become less that way. Our financial
> > situation is fine, and it's going to take time to
> > adjust to that realization, but I'm plodding along.
> Why is that? If you ask me, frugal is better regardless.

Yes, but it's relative to one's economic circumstances.
We had a much nicer camping trip because I drove the
Infiniti instead of the Chevy Spark. 18 gallons of
premium versus 11 gallons of regular. That's $75,
almost twice the $40 with the little car. Packing and
unpacking was easy, and the drive was far more
comfortable. At this point in life, $35 is pretty much
chump change. All the money that I saved over the
years of being frugal has resulted in having enough
net worth to not need to be frugal anymore.

--Bryan

Michael Trew

Sep 23, 2023, 11:27:12 AM9/23/23
On 9/22/2023 5:14 AM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 10:43:01 PM UTC-5, Michael Trew
> wrote:
>>
>> I did see that. We usually don't see meat sales like that. I'm frugal
>> to the extend that I usually just don't buy meat. Plus, I don't
>> really like to deal with raw meat anyway.
>>
> No wonder you don't like eating it, if you don't like even dealing
> with it at all.

I'm not big on meat. As long as the hands on preparation is quick, it's
OK. Raw meat kills my appetite.

>> Why is that? If you ask me, frugal is better regardless.
>>
> Yes, but it's relative to one's economic circumstances. We had a much
> nicer camping trip because I drove the Infiniti instead of the Chevy
> Spark. 18 gallons of premium versus 11 gallons of regular. That's
> $75, almost twice the $40 with the little car. Packing and unpacking
> was easy, and the drive was far more comfortable. At this point in
> life, $35 is pretty much chump change. All the money that I saved
> over the years of being frugal has resulted in having enough net
> worth to not need to be frugal anymore.

On one of my trips, I easily spend a couple hundred dollars in fuel for
a 45 MPG car. I can't imagine driving something that far, costing over
twice the amount. That negates any gained comfort for me, heh

Bryan Simmons

Sep 23, 2023, 11:38:37 AM9/23/23
On Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 10:27:12 AM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 9/22/2023 5:14 AM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> > On Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 10:43:01 PM UTC-5, Michael Trew
>
> >> Why is that? If you ask me, frugal is better regardless.
> >>
> > Yes, but it's relative to one's economic circumstances. We had a much
> > nicer camping trip because I drove the Infiniti instead of the Chevy
> > Spark. 18 gallons of premium versus 11 gallons of regular. That's
> > $75, almost twice the $40 with the little car. Packing and unpacking
> > was easy, and the drive was far more comfortable. At this point in
> > life, $35 is pretty much chump change. All the money that I saved
> > over the years of being frugal has resulted in having enough net
> > worth to not need to be frugal anymore.
> On one of my trips, I easily spend a couple hundred dollars in fuel for
> a 45 MPG car. I can't imagine driving something that far, costing over
> twice the amount. That negates any gained comfort for me, heh

This is what it is supposed to get, but it gets a bit less.
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/33272.shtml

--Bryan

jmcquown

Sep 23, 2023, 11:52:34 AM9/23/23
On 9/20/2023 7:21 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 5:49:25 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 14:42:25 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
>> <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:

>>> Meatloaf? Fried or baked chicken? Pork chops? Beef roast? Spaghetti
>>> and meatballs? Baked ham?
>>>
>> He doesn't eat meat and you know it.
>>
>> Bruce
>>
> He does if it's gifted to him, he just doesn't spend his money on it.

He certainly does eat meat if it's free. He mentioned in another thread
he ate meat in some soup his sister gave him yesterday. If it's free,
he'll eat it. He's a fake vegetarian.

> I guess he doesn't check the marked down meat bin or doesn't get
> to the store in time to take advantage of it.

How would he get to the store? His Leaf was totalled and last mention
of his gas guzzling van (Baby II) wasn't running, either. Probably a
dead battery. <shrug> Of course that could be a lie for the drama
factor. Seems to me he's not far from a bus line. He manages to get to
the store somehow for the few vegetables he does eat and the constant
brown rice and beans and re-introducing garlic potatoes. But yes, he'll
eat meat if someone gives it to him. Maybe his "housemate" will buy
some meat for the household. Heh.

Jill

GM

Sep 23, 2023, 11:55:14 AM9/23/23
Maybe you should simply move in with him, Jill... after all, he needs a very "concerned person"
such as your caring self to "manage" his daily affairs...

--
GM

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Sep 23, 2023, 1:40:50 PM9/23/23
The most recent post about Baby II was about two or three weeks ago and she
was in the shop. He posted he would be picking her up that day or the next. But
yes, he does go to the grocery store so it's either the bus or he's within walking
distance. If it's not too far he'd could get a bicycle, attach a plastic milk crate on
the back do his shopping that way. Of course, he won't be bringing a large amount
of groceries home and it might require shopping two or three times per week.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Sep 23, 2023, 1:44:11 PM9/23/23
On Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 10:55:14 AM UTC-5, GM wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
>
> > Seems to me he's not far from a bus line. He manages to get to
> > the store somehow for the few vegetables he does eat and the constant
> > brown rice and beans and re-introducing garlic potatoes. But yes, he'll
> > eat meat if someone gives it to him. Maybe his "housemate" will buy
> > some meat for the household. Heh.
> >
> Maybe you should simply move in with him, Jill... after all, he needs a very "concerned person"
> such as your caring self to "manage" his daily affairs...
>
> GM

Apparently his sister is now handling his affairs. Someone should have been
appointed his conservator when his dad's estate was settled, he would not
be in the predicament he's in now.

Bryan Simmons

Sep 23, 2023, 2:39:33 PM9/23/23
On Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 10:55:14 AM UTC-5, GM wrote:
John's last "affair" was with the married Nepali woman.
You know, the one with the clean asshole that he liked
to lick.

> --
> GM

--Bryan

cshenk

Sep 23, 2023, 3:00:21 PM9/23/23
Sounds good John!

We are having gumbo. I'll post it in a bit.

GM

Sep 23, 2023, 3:10:22 PM9/23/23
You are responding to a post Kuthe made DAYS ago, you fucking stoopid TWAT dingbat...

<snicker>

--
GM

Bryan Simmons

Sep 23, 2023, 3:20:28 PM9/23/23
When your ass licking husband croaks, John will satisfy
your ass licking desires, but you'll have to come to Bel-Nor.
John has transportation issues.

--Bryan

cshenk

Sep 23, 2023, 3:27:38 PM9/23/23
It is if not extreme. Keeping the habit in times of better income
means more savings available for when you retire.

It also means the skills are easy to keep things rolling after
retirement with less spent when you don't have it coming in.

We spurged a bit at the grocery store yesterday and got gumbo fixings.
I'll post the recipe later.

Bruce

Sep 23, 2023, 3:46:27 PM9/23/23
On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 11:52:17 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On 9/20/2023 7:21 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
>> On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 5:49:25 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>>> He doesn't eat meat and you know it.
>>>
>>> Bruce
>>>
>> He does if it's gifted to him, he just doesn't spend his money on it.
>>
>He certainly does eat meat if it's free. He mentioned in another thread
>he ate meat in some soup his sister gave him yesterday. If it's free,
>he'll eat it. He's a fake vegetarian.

Yes, but that's not news.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Janet

Sep 23, 2023, 4:15:32 PM9/23/23

> > On Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 10:43:01 PM UTC-5, Michael Trew
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> I did see that. We usually don't see meat sales like that. I'm frugal
> >> to the extend that I usually just don't buy meat. Plus, I don't
> >> really like to deal with raw meat anyway.

Julie's secret lovechild.

Janet UK

Bruce

Sep 23, 2023, 4:18:16 PM9/23/23
On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 23:42:59 -0400, Michael Trew
<michae...@att.net> wrote:

>> I am a master of frugality. Now, I'm deliberately
>> trying to become less that way. Our financial
>> situation is fine, and it's going to take time to
>> adjust to that realization, but I'm plodding along.
>
>Why is that? If you ask me, frugal is better regardless.

Why is frugal better? I understand frugality out of necessity, but why
is it better if it's not necessary? Spend what you can afford and have
some fun.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Bruce

Sep 23, 2023, 4:27:14 PM9/23/23
Is it weird not to like dealing with corpses?

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Hank Rogers

Sep 23, 2023, 7:15:20 PM9/23/23
She still wouldn't give him any pussy.

Too creepy.

GM

Sep 23, 2023, 7:20:18 PM9/23/23
Lol...

Well, they could form an RFC Anti - Troll Task Force...

--
GM

Ed P

Sep 23, 2023, 8:01:00 PM9/23/23
On 9/23/2023 4:18 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 23:42:59 -0400, Michael Trew
> <michae...@att.net> wrote:
>
>>> I am a master of frugality. Now, I'm deliberately
>>> trying to become less that way. Our financial
>>> situation is fine, and it's going to take time to
>>> adjust to that realization, but I'm plodding along.
>>
>> Why is that? If you ask me, frugal is better regardless.
>
> Why is frugal better? I understand frugality out of necessity, but why
> is it better if it's not necessary? Spend what you can afford and have
> some fun.

Frugal does not mean cheap. Frugal is not to waste and do crazy shit.
good for the environment too.

What do you do with leftovers from a meal? Some people never eat them
and toss them, frugal people enjoy them another day or for a lunch.

Warren Buffet, the billionaire, is frugal. Lives in the same house he
bought in 1958. It has everything he needs.

Bruce

Sep 23, 2023, 8:07:34 PM9/23/23
Yes, there's nothing wrong with that. But I think that most people who
call themselves frugal, are really stingy. For them 'frugal' is just a
nicer word for it.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

songbird

Sep 23, 2023, 8:10:14 PM9/23/23
Bruce wrote:
> Why is frugal better? I understand frugality out of necessity, but why
> is it better if it's not necessary? Spend what you can afford and have
> some fun.

for some people not spending is its own kind of fun. :)

songbird

songbird

Sep 23, 2023, 8:10:26 PM9/23/23
Bruce wrote:
> Is it weird not to like dealing with corpses?

not to me, i'm having a tough time of it the past few
years, luckily Mom is ok with it and she can cook it.
once cooked i can cope a lot better, but i also end up
doing dishes so that's another whole level of smell i
have to deal with. oh well, i'm still able to do it,
dish detergent (lemon scented) covers up the initial
stench and then after washing a rinse or soak with
dilute bleach water will knock it out, then it gets
another rinse.

songbird

Bruce

Sep 23, 2023, 8:13:49 PM9/23/23
On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 19:19:53 -0400, songbird <song...@anthive.com>
wrote:
Yes, for some it's a sport. But I'd rather spend a bit more on things
than stock up on money I don't need.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Thomas

Sep 23, 2023, 8:45:39 PM9/23/23
To me, being frugal is wanting a pizza delivered then not. I make my own and rationalize buying a new shirt.
Tomorrow I have a new shirt and a leftover slice or 2.

GM

Sep 23, 2023, 9:03:28 PM9/23/23

Thomas wrote:

> To me, being frugal is wanting a pizza delivered then not. I make my own and rationalize buying a new shirt.
> Tomorrow I have a new shirt and a leftover slice or 2.

There ya go... I like it... sensible...

--
GM

Bruce

Sep 23, 2023, 9:10:20 PM9/23/23
On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 17:45:34 -0700 (PDT), Thomas <cano...@gmail.com>
wrote:
How does that relate to making your own pizza and not buying a new
shirt?

>Tomorrow I have a new shirt and a leftover slice or 2.

You'd have an old shirt, a leftover slice or 2 and more money than in
the original scenario. Frugal!

Michael Trew

Sep 23, 2023, 11:47:02 PM9/23/23
On 9/23/2023 4:27 PM, Bruce wrote:

>> Julie's secret lovechild.

Perhaps we can call her "Gary UK" now?

> Is it weird not to like dealing with corpses?

I do like to eat chicken, but the smell of raw chicken is unpleasant,
and the texture is slimy. Red meat isn't as bad to deal with, but I
don't care much for it.

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 24, 2023, 5:09:23 AM9/24/23
You need to buy better chicken. The chicken I buy doesn't smell
like much of anything.

Yesterday I cooked chicken whose "best by" date was today. I gave
it a good sniff after I opened the package. It barely smelled of
anything at all.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Gregory Morrow

Sep 24, 2023, 10:36:46 AM9/24/23
What do a butthole and a 9v battery have in common?

We know we shouldn’t put our tongue on it but we do it anyway.

--
GM

cshenk

Sep 24, 2023, 1:34:21 PM9/24/23
Bruce wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 23:42:59 -0400, Michael Trew
> <michae...@att.net> wrote:
>
> >> I am a master of frugality. Now, I'm deliberately
> >> trying to become less that way. Our financial
> >> situation is fine, and it's going to take time to
> >> adjust to that realization, but I'm plodding along.
> >
> > Why is that? If you ask me, frugal is better regardless.
>
> Why is frugal better? I understand frugality out of necessity, but why
> is it better if it's not necessary? Spend what you can afford and have
> some fun.

Frugal just means 'waste not, want not'. It's a collection of simple
things, like reusing plastic grocery bags from the store for lining
small waste baskets or picking up after the dog.
little things like that.

Leonard Blaisdell

Sep 24, 2023, 6:48:49 PM9/24/23
On 2023-09-24, Cindy Hamilton <hami...@invalid.com> wrote:

> Yesterday I cooked chicken whose "best by" date was today. I gave
> it a good sniff after I opened the package. It barely smelled of
> anything at all.

I've shot, caught, gutted and processed all sorts of wild game.
Nevertheless, I always wash my hands thoroughly after handling
processed chicken. Go figure?
I think I was once frightened by a public service announcement.

Leonard Blaisdell

Sep 24, 2023, 6:59:52 PM9/24/23
On 2023-09-23, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Why is frugal better? I understand frugality out of necessity, but why
> is it better if it's not necessary? Spend what you can afford and have
> some fun.

I think of my wife and myself as frugal. My friends wouldn't call me a
cheapskate. Because of our frugality, and my luck or money management
skills, we are worth three times as much as when I retired.
Peace of mind in old age ain't something to be sneezed at.
To each, their own.

Leonard Blaisdell

Sep 24, 2023, 7:12:45 PM9/24/23
On 2023-09-24, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Yes, there's nothing wrong with that. But I think that most people who
> call themselves frugal, are really stingy. For them 'frugal' is just a
> nicer word for it.

Frugality: Driving the same vehicle for twenty years
Living in the same home for forty-three years
Making sure that my reach doesn't exceed my grasp

I'm not frugal at the grocery store or when buying junk on the Net.
Many people confuse frugality with common sense.
2 cents

Michael Trew

Sep 24, 2023, 8:45:52 PM9/24/23
I've never smelt raw chicken without much of any smell, regardless of
brand or the date. The main issue is texture, either way. It's
unpleasant to touch. About the only time I cook raw chicken is to flop
it into a pot of simmering water. Later, I pull off cooked meat for a
pot pie, reserve for the broth I'm making from scraps (soup), etc.
Sometimes, I roast a whole bird in a pan.

Bruce

Sep 25, 2023, 1:29:40 AM9/25/23
On 24 Sep 2023 22:48:42 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
<leobla...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 2023-09-24, Cindy Hamilton <hami...@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> Yesterday I cooked chicken whose "best by" date was today. I gave
>> it a good sniff after I opened the package. It barely smelled of
>> anything at all.
>

>I've shot, caught, gutted and processed all sorts of wild game.
>Nevertheless, I always wash my hands thoroughly after handling
>processed chicken. Go figure?

Ammonia's very pungent.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Bruce

Sep 25, 2023, 1:33:45 AM9/25/23
On 24 Sep 2023 22:59:45 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
I agree that it's very important not to have to worry about money. But
what I don't understand is people who buy crappy food and crappy
everything to save money, but have a bank account with more money than
they'll ever know what to do with.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 25, 2023, 6:04:34 AM9/25/23
On 2023-09-24, Leonard Blaisdell <leobla...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 2023-09-24, Cindy Hamilton <hami...@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> Yesterday I cooked chicken whose "best by" date was today. I gave
>> it a good sniff after I opened the package. It barely smelled of
>> anything at all.
>

> I've shot, caught, gutted and processed all sorts of wild game.
> Nevertheless, I always wash my hands thoroughly after handling
> processed chicken. Go figure?

You don't wash your hands after handling game meat? Doesn't it
leave them a little sticky?

> I think I was once frightened by a public service announcement.

You were triggered. ;)

--
Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 25, 2023, 6:09:31 AM9/25/23
You're not the only person I've known with an aversion to touching
raw meat. I can't fathom it, but to me it's no different from jello,
cheese, or tofu. In fact, I'd rather touch raw chicken than Velveeta.
That shit's just creepy.

When I roast a whole bird, I clean out the inside to make sure
the kidneys and other entrails are gone. They make the meat taste
muddy. Once I found a lung left in a turkey.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Bryan Simmons

Sep 25, 2023, 7:14:02 AM9/25/23
On Monday, September 25, 2023 at 5:09:31 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> When I roast a whole bird, I clean out the inside to make sure
> the kidneys and other entrails are gone. They make the meat taste
> muddy. Once I found a lung left in a turkey.

There are people who do not remove the kidneys from
chicken thighs. Kidneys are disgusting little piss factories.
Still worse are folks who deliberately eat kidneys. Livers
are bad enough, but kidneys are enough to gag a maggot.

> --
> Cindy Hamilton

--Bryan

Michael Trew

Sep 25, 2023, 8:56:02 AM9/25/23
On 9/25/2023 6:09 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2023-09-25, Michael Trew<michae...@att.net> wrote:
>>
>> I've never smelt raw chicken without much of any smell, regardless of
>> brand or the date. The main issue is texture, either way. It's
>> unpleasant to touch. About the only time I cook raw chicken is to flop
>> it into a pot of simmering water. Later, I pull off cooked meat for a
>> pot pie, reserve for the broth I'm making from scraps (soup), etc.
>> Sometimes, I roast a whole bird in a pan.
>
> You're not the only person I've known with an aversion to touching
> raw meat. I can't fathom it, but to me it's no different from jello,
> cheese, or tofu. In fact, I'd rather touch raw chicken than Velveeta.
> That shit's just creepy.

Certainly no Velveeta in my kitchen. I'm not a germaphobe, but it could
be a bacteria thing. Red meat is not nearly as slimy, and I don't have
as much of an issue with that. Really though, I don't cook much red
meat unless it's a roast, or going into soup/stew. I do wash a whole
bird inside and out in the sink, but I'm careful that there aren't
dishes or anything to be contaminated around.

Dave Smith

Sep 25, 2023, 9:00:00 AM9/25/23
On 2023-09-25 6:09 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> You're not the only person I've known with an aversion to touching
> raw meat. I can't fathom it, but to me it's no different from jello,
> cheese, or tofu. In fact, I'd rather touch raw chicken than Velveeta.
> That shit's just creepy.

My sister in law would not touch raw meat. Forget about making hamburgr
patties. She was disgusted to hear how my wife and I separate egg whites
by cracking eggs into our hand and letting the whites slip through our
fingers.

> When I roast a whole bird, I clean out the inside to make sure
> the kidneys and other entrails are gone. They make the meat taste
> muddy. Once I found a lung left in a turkey.

I can see how that would have a yuck factor.

Bryan Simmons

Sep 25, 2023, 9:15:31 AM9/25/23
On Monday, September 25, 2023 at 8:00:00 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2023-09-25 6:09 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > You're not the only person I've known with an aversion to touching
> > raw meat. I can't fathom it, but to me it's no different from jello,
> > cheese, or tofu. In fact, I'd rather touch raw chicken than Velveeta.
> > That shit's just creepy.
> >
> My sister in law would not touch raw meat. Forget about making hamburgr
> patties. She was disgusted to hear how my wife and I separate egg whites
> by cracking eggs into our hand and letting the whites slip through our
> fingers.

Greg recently responded to an old Sheldon post from 2015.

"Most plain janes make up for their ordinary looks by being
extraordinary in the sack, the beauties not so much... that's always
been my experience and other's I've known have agreed... can never
tell a book by its cover. Amazing how many hot looking women talk big
but in the bedroom can't deliver... same as how many talk how great
they cook but are ascared to touch raw chicken. Every women I've ever
known, and I've known plenty, when I watched them cook and they
wouldn't touch food with their bare hands I knew right away to say
adios. It's much the same with men, those who aren't adventuresome
eaters are not going to be adventuresome in the sack. I would advise
every women going on a first date when asked where they'd like to eat
tell the guy Mike's Clam Bar... any guy who, no matter how fat his
wallet, won't slurp raw cherrystones ditch him rightaway, I can
guarantee you it ain't gonna work. Same advice for yoose guys,any gal
doesn't enjoy soft cooked eggs and rare steak say goodbye."

Around here, I'm the one for the soft yolks and rare steak,
and my wife will eat raw clams and oysters.

--Bryan

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 25, 2023, 9:39:08 AM9/25/23
On 2023-09-25, Michael Trew <michae...@att.net> wrote:
> On 9/25/2023 6:09 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On 2023-09-25, Michael Trew<michae...@att.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've never smelt raw chicken without much of any smell, regardless of
>>> brand or the date. The main issue is texture, either way. It's
>>> unpleasant to touch. About the only time I cook raw chicken is to flop
>>> it into a pot of simmering water. Later, I pull off cooked meat for a
>>> pot pie, reserve for the broth I'm making from scraps (soup), etc.
>>> Sometimes, I roast a whole bird in a pan.
>>
>> You're not the only person I've known with an aversion to touching
>> raw meat. I can't fathom it, but to me it's no different from jello,
>> cheese, or tofu. In fact, I'd rather touch raw chicken than Velveeta.
>> That shit's just creepy.
>
> Certainly no Velveeta in my kitchen.

We might have a little. My husband used to like it. I think I used
it up at Christmas on the breakfast casserole.

> I'm not a germaphobe, but it could be a bacteria thing.

Wash your hands. It really, really works.

> Red meat is not nearly as slimy, and I don't have
> as much of an issue with that. Really though, I don't cook much red
> meat unless it's a roast, or going into soup/stew.

Burgers for lunch today. Ground chuck, hand-patted by me.

> I do wash a whole
> bird inside and out in the sink, but I'm careful that there aren't
> dishes or anything to be contaminated around.

Do you fish around in the cavity to make sure everything's as it
should be, or do you just trust the poultry processor?

--
Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 25, 2023, 9:41:56 AM9/25/23
On 2023-09-25, Dave Smith <adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> On 2023-09-25 6:09 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> You're not the only person I've known with an aversion to touching
>> raw meat. I can't fathom it, but to me it's no different from jello,
>> cheese, or tofu. In fact, I'd rather touch raw chicken than Velveeta.
>> That shit's just creepy.
>
> My sister in law would not touch raw meat. Forget about making hamburgr
> patties.

Some people are just prissy.

> She was disgusted to hear how my wife and I separate egg whites
> by cracking eggs into our hand and letting the whites slip through our
> fingers.

I use the two-shell method, on the rare occasions when I separate eggs.
Probably the last time was for hollandaise.

>> When I roast a whole bird, I clean out the inside to make sure
>> the kidneys and other entrails are gone. They make the meat taste
>> muddy. Once I found a lung left in a turkey.
>
> I can see how that would have a yuck factor.

I was glad I found it and yanked it out. It took me a few seconds to
realize what I was looking at.

--
Cindy Hamilton

songbird

Sep 25, 2023, 10:18:34 AM9/25/23
Bruce wrote:
> I agree that it's very important not to have to worry about money. But
> what I don't understand is people who buy crappy food and crappy
> everything to save money, but have a bank account with more money than
> they'll ever know what to do with.

i'd never have that problem, donations accepted. :)

so far i'm able to get by on my own but i'm not rich
enough that i could do what i wanted and i do know what
i would do with it.

songbird

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 25, 2023, 10:48:04 AM9/25/23
Bruce doesn't know what it's like to be one car accident away from
homelessness.

Technically, neither do I, since it hasn't happened to me. But I
certainly don't want to outlive my money.

My husband would like a helicopter and enough land to target shoot
from the back porch. I'd like an unlimited supply of books. In
fact, I pretty much have what I want, since many more books are
available than I actually want to read.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Bruce

Sep 25, 2023, 2:41:53 PM9/25/23
Could be a ring in there or a band aid.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Bruce

Sep 25, 2023, 2:42:50 PM9/25/23
On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 13:41:48 GMT, Cindy Hamilton
<hami...@invalid.com> wrote:

>On 2023-09-25, Dave Smith <adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>> On 2023-09-25 6:09 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>> You're not the only person I've known with an aversion to touching
>>> raw meat. I can't fathom it, but to me it's no different from jello,
>>> cheese, or tofu. In fact, I'd rather touch raw chicken than Velveeta.
>>> That shit's just creepy.
>>
>> My sister in law would not touch raw meat. Forget about making hamburgr
>> patties.
>
>Some people are just prissy.

Yes, they want all their food completely not touching on the plate.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Bruce

Sep 25, 2023, 2:43:26 PM9/25/23
On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 10:00:16 -0400, songbird <song...@anthive.com>
wrote:
The Bahamas can wait :)

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Bruce

Sep 25, 2023, 2:44:39 PM9/25/23
On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 14:47:58 GMT, Cindy Hamilton
<hami...@invalid.com> wrote:

>On 2023-09-25, songbird <song...@anthive.com> wrote:
>> Bruce wrote:
>>> I agree that it's very important not to have to worry about money. But
>>> what I don't understand is people who buy crappy food and crappy
>>> everything to save money, but have a bank account with more money than
>>> they'll ever know what to do with.
>>
>> i'd never have that problem, donations accepted. :)
>>
>> so far i'm able to get by on my own but i'm not rich
>> enough that i could do what i wanted and i do know what
>> i would do with it.
>
>Bruce doesn't know what it's like to be one car accident away from
>homelessness.

Ah, the art of reading. "I agree that it's very important not to have
to worry about money."

>Technically, neither do I, since it hasn't happened to me. But I
>certainly don't want to outlive my money.

You always say price isn't a factor for you when it comes to food, so
what are you on about?

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Bryan Simmons

Sep 25, 2023, 2:57:03 PM9/25/23
My wife went to an estate planning meeting. Her parents
aren't rich, but they're old, so that sort of thing needs to
happen. I told her that if they ask about anything they might
want to do, money-wise in the future that it would be funny
if she were to say, slightly sheepishly, "Well, my husband has
always wanted a giraffe."

Her one sister would have practically fallen on the floor
laughing, but her parents might not have found it that
funny, so she didn't do it. Actually, it's true, but of course I
would never actually *buy* a giraffe. Tomorrow, we're
going to the zoo, so at least I get to see some giraffes.
https://stlzoo.org/giraffe-feedings

> --
> Cindy Hamilton

--Bryan

Michael Trew

Sep 25, 2023, 11:17:45 PM9/25/23
On 9/25/2023 10:47 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2023-09-25, songbird<song...@anthive.com> wrote:
>> Bruce wrote:
>>> I agree that it's very important not to have to worry about money. But
>>> what I don't understand is people who buy crappy food and crappy
>>> everything to save money, but have a bank account with more money than
>>> they'll ever know what to do with.
>>
>> i'd never have that problem, donations accepted. :)
>>
>> so far i'm able to get by on my own but i'm not rich
>> enough that i could do what i wanted and i do know what
>> i would do with it.
>
> Bruce doesn't know what it's like to be one car accident away from
> homelessness.

Perhaps whomever you are discussing ought to carry liability car
insurance, rather than save a huge bond to pay for a theoretical car
accident?

Michael Trew

Sep 25, 2023, 11:29:03 PM9/25/23
On 9/25/2023 9:39 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2023-09-25, Michael Trew<michae...@att.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm not a germaphobe, but it could be a bacteria thing.
>
> Wash your hands. It really, really works.

Yes, I do that, of course, and with soap. That said, I have to touch
the faucet, soap dispenser, whatever cutlery/pans/etc. in the mean time
with raw chicken fingers. By the time I'm done, it seems that
everything ought to be bleached. No, I don't make a mess everywhere.
Yes, the issue is probably primarily in my head.

>> Red meat is not nearly as slimy, and I don't have
>> as much of an issue with that. Really though, I don't cook much red
>> meat unless it's a roast, or going into soup/stew.
>
> Burgers for lunch today. Ground chuck, hand-patted by me.

Earlier today, I found a pound of ground beef in the freezer, from a
local butcher. Lord only knows how long that has been in there. I'm
going to 86 the idea of gumbo for now, because I apparently don't have
freezer shrimp. The ground beef is thawing in the fridge, and will be
stretched into a huge pot of chili tomorrow. I just put a few bags of
beans in a pot to soak (kidney and black). Yes, only one pound of beef.
Sometimes, I nix the beef all together. To Bryan's dismay, it will
contain two #2.5 cans of crushed tomato.

>> I do wash a whole
>> bird inside and out in the sink, but I'm careful that there aren't
>> dishes or anything to be contaminated around.
>
> Do you fish around in the cavity to make sure everything's as it
> should be, or do you just trust the poultry processor?

Quickly, but nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. Typically, I have
to remove a paper bag of giblets. I turned them into gravy once, but
typically I save them for stock, or just pitch them out.

Michael Trew

Sep 25, 2023, 11:33:16 PM9/25/23
On 9/25/2023 9:41 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2023-09-25, Dave Smith<adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>> On 2023-09-25 6:09 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>> You're not the only person I've known with an aversion to touching
>>> raw meat. I can't fathom it, but to me it's no different from jello,
>>> cheese, or tofu. In fact, I'd rather touch raw chicken than Velveeta.
>>> That shit's just creepy.
>>
>> My sister in law would not touch raw meat. Forget about making hamburgr
>> patties.

I don't care for hamburger patties enough to bother. I'll probably make
a meatloaf again some day, and just deal with it.

>> She was disgusted to hear how my wife and I separate egg whites
>> by cracking eggs into our hand and letting the whites slip through our
>> fingers.
>
> I use the two-shell method, on the rare occasions when I separate eggs.
> Probably the last time was for hollandaise.

It's also rare that I separate egg yolks. I was probably last baking
something. I also do the two shell thing. That's the easiest method.

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 26, 2023, 5:38:38 AM9/26/23
On 2023-09-26, Michael Trew <michae...@att.net> wrote:
> On 9/25/2023 9:39 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On 2023-09-25, Michael Trew<michae...@att.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not a germaphobe, but it could be a bacteria thing.
>>
>> Wash your hands. It really, really works.
>
> Yes, I do that, of course, and with soap. That said, I have to touch
> the faucet, soap dispenser,

You can't turn on your faucet or dispense soap with the back of your hand?
Of course, if you had paper towels, you could grab one to turn on the water.

> whatever cutlery/pans/etc. in the mean time
> with raw chicken fingers.

You can't manage to keep one hand clean for that? Knife in the right,
chicken with the left, then put down the knife and use it for whatever
else you need to do before washing your hands.

> By the time I'm done, it seems that
> everything ought to be bleached. No, I don't make a mess everywhere.
> Yes, the issue is probably primarily in my head.

Exactly. You quite likely could lick your hands clean without getting
an illness (but that's not worth the risk).

>>> Red meat is not nearly as slimy, and I don't have
>>> as much of an issue with that. Really though, I don't cook much red
>>> meat unless it's a roast, or going into soup/stew.
>>
>> Burgers for lunch today. Ground chuck, hand-patted by me.
>
> Earlier today, I found a pound of ground beef in the freezer, from a
> local butcher. Lord only knows how long that has been in there. I'm
> going to 86 the idea of gumbo for now, because I apparently don't have
> freezer shrimp. The ground beef is thawing in the fridge, and will be
> stretched into a huge pot of chili tomorrow. I just put a few bags of
> beans in a pot to soak (kidney and black). Yes, only one pound of beef.
> Sometimes, I nix the beef all together. To Bryan's dismay, it will
> contain two #2.5 cans of crushed tomato.

Nothing wrong with a flavorful bean stew.

>>> I do wash a whole
>>> bird inside and out in the sink, but I'm careful that there aren't
>>> dishes or anything to be contaminated around.
>>
>> Do you fish around in the cavity to make sure everything's as it
>> should be, or do you just trust the poultry processor?
>
> Quickly, but nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. Typically, I have
> to remove a paper bag of giblets. I turned them into gravy once, but
> typically I save them for stock, or just pitch them out.

Ok. Enjoy eating the kidneys or whatever else the processor left in
there.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Bruce

Sep 26, 2023, 6:43:23 AM9/26/23
On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 09:38:31 GMT, Cindy Hamilton
<hami...@invalid.com> wrote:

>On 2023-09-26, Michael Trew <michae...@att.net> wrote:

>>> Wash your hands. It really, really works.
>>
>> Yes, I do that, of course, and with soap. That said, I have to touch
>> the faucet, soap dispenser,
>
>You can't turn on your faucet or dispense soap with the back of your hand?
>Of course, if you had paper towels, you could grab one to turn on the water.

Paper towels cost money. Wakey wakey!

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

songbird

Sep 26, 2023, 8:27:04 AM9/26/23
Bruce wrote:
> The Bahamas can wait :)

been there, done that, lovely fish on the reefs
and docks to watch, not much else there i'd want
to visit again (mainly because motion sickness
isn't worth the hassle any more).

songbird

Leonard Blaisdell

Sep 27, 2023, 6:31:24 PM9/27/23
On 2023-09-25, Cindy Hamilton <hami...@invalid.com> wrote:

> You don't wash your hands after handling game meat? Doesn't it
> leave them a little sticky?

I rinsed 'em in the crick. ;)

Bruce

Sep 27, 2023, 6:35:58 PM9/27/23
On 27 Sep 2023 22:31:16 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
"The phrase "I rinsed my hands in the crick" means that the speaker
washed their hands in a small stream. The word "crick" is a regional
term for a small stream or creek, and it is most commonly used in the
United States and Canada."
(source: my artificially intelligent friend)

Dutch: kreek

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

dsi1

Sep 27, 2023, 6:42:18 PM9/27/23
Indeed, you must purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Sep 27, 2023, 6:44:37 PM9/27/23
On Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 5:35:58 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On 27 Sep 2023 22:31:16 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
> <leobla...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> >On 2023-09-25, Cindy Hamilton <hami...@invalid.com> wrote:
> >
> >> You don't wash your hands after handling game meat? Doesn't it
> >> leave them a little sticky?
> >
> >I rinsed 'em in the crick. ;)
> >
> "The phrase "I rinsed my hands in the crick" means that the speaker
> washed their hands in a small stream. The word "crick" is a regional
> term for a small stream or creek, and it is most commonly used in the
> United States and Canada."
> (source: my artificially intelligent friend)
>
> Dutch: kreek
>
> Bruce

Dang, I could have told you that! Usually small enough you can either step
or jump over without getting your feet wet.

Leonard Blaisdell

Sep 27, 2023, 7:02:30 PM9/27/23
On 2023-09-25, Dave Smith <adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
When I buy poultry, I have no idea of the steps and time factor that
have evolved for it to be sitting there waiting for sale.
When I shoot poultry, I know all the steps and time involved from last
breath to table. Gotta watch out for bird-shot though. It's hell on
the teeth.

Bruce

Sep 27, 2023, 7:32:58 PM9/27/23
Ah, like the famous crick in St Louis!

jmcquown

Sep 27, 2023, 7:46:56 PM9/27/23
Stepping over stones to get to the other side, no doubt! :)

Jill

jmcquown

Sep 27, 2023, 7:48:23 PM9/27/23
LOL Leo! Yep, although I'd have thought you'd have a hand-pump in the
kitchen with water leading from the well. ;)

Jill

Bruce

Sep 27, 2023, 8:32:15 PM9/27/23
On Wed, 27 Sep 2023 19:48:03 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
When my wife told her ancient grandmother that she was marrying a
Dutchman, she said "Will you have to go to the river with a bucket to
get water"?

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Michael Trew

Sep 27, 2023, 9:08:00 PM9/27/23
Yes, but I wouldn't expect to hear it called a "crick" down there.
Around here, you can tell if someone isn't local, because they pronounce
it "creek", or say "stream".

Leonard Blaisdell

Sep 27, 2023, 9:17:39 PM9/27/23
On 2023-09-28, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> When my wife told her ancient grandmother that she was marrying a
> Dutchman, she said "Will you have to go to the river with a bucket to
> get water"?

Well, did she?

Bruce

Sep 27, 2023, 9:21:47 PM9/27/23
On 28 Sep 2023 01:17:32 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
She got used to it quickly :)

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Michael Trew

Sep 28, 2023, 10:20:56 PM9/28/23
Also, we still typically spell it "creek", even though most people
pronounce it "crick".

Bruce

Sep 28, 2023, 10:26:15 PM9/28/23
Reminds me of bream. I believe Australians call the fish a brim, but
they write bream, just like all y'all.