Aldi bbq chips have poor quality control

Geoff Rove

Aug 28, 2020, 2:57:09 PM8/28/20
Many burnt/ black spotted chips in last 2 bags.
These would have been discovered by line workers
and discarded. I'm buying canned Pringles style bbq
instead. Aldi ruffles style are still okay.

Sqwertz

Aug 28, 2020, 4:02:17 PM8/28/20
Laverne and Shirley don't work the inspection line anymore, sorry.

-sw

Geoff Rove

Aug 28, 2020, 4:18:09 PM8/28/20
Instead of self driving cars, Silicon Valley should invent chip inspection
Robots. And robot meat processors.

Sqwertz

Aug 28, 2020, 4:23:46 PM8/28/20
On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 13:18:06 -0700 (PDT), Geoff Rove wrote:

> On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 3:02:17 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 11:57:04 -0700 (PDT), Geoff Rove wrote:
>>
>>> Many burnt/ black spotted chips in last 2 bags.
>>> These would have been discovered by line workers
>>> and discarded. I'm buying canned Pringles style bbq
>>> instead. Aldi ruffles style are still okay.
>> Laverne and Shirley don't work the inspection line anymore, sorry.
>
> Instead of self driving cars, Silicon Valley should invent chip inspection
> Robots. And robot meat processors.

Robotic potato chip and french fry inspectors/removers have been
around for decades. Some people LIKE burnt chips.

Same with meat cutters.

-sw

Jeßus

Aug 28, 2020, 4:27:57 PM8/28/20
On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 11:57:04 -0700 (PDT), Geoff Rove
Have you considered contacting the police about it?

Bryan Simmons

Aug 28, 2020, 4:38:52 PM8/28/20
Pringles are pulverized potatoes, reformed, dried and cooked. They're the starch version of pink slime. It's amazing to see a person who's past puberty eating them, like Sunny Delight or Jolly Ranchers.

--Bryan

Bryan Simmons

Aug 28, 2020, 4:40:56 PM8/28/20
On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 3:02:17 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
MY GOD Laverne was sexy!

> -sw

--Bryan

Sqwertz

Aug 28, 2020, 5:34:28 PM8/28/20
I was more the Shirley and Mary Ann type. Laverne was too trailer
trash, and Ginger too slutty.

-sw

Sqwertz

Aug 28, 2020, 5:37:48 PM8/28/20
On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 13:38:48 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

> Pringles are pulverized potatoes, reformed, dried and cooked.
> They're the starch version of pink slime. It's amazing to see a
> person who's past puberty eating them, like Sunny Delight or
> Jolly Ranchers.

OK. Kettle-cooked chips... fresh squeezed orange juice... What's
the upper class version of Jolly Ranchers?

-sw

Bryan Simmons

Aug 28, 2020, 5:43:18 PM8/28/20
I was being ridiculous. I find Penny Marshall repulsive. Remember those K-Mart commercials with Rosie O'Donnell? If they were the last two women on the planet, I'd have to be celibate.

> -sw

--Bryan

Bryan Simmons

Aug 28, 2020, 5:56:03 PM8/28/20
Even cheap ALDI regular chips, and orange juice from frozen concentrate. Pringles, SunnyD and Jolly Ranchers are the bottom of the barrel. I end up drinking reconstituted OJ from frozen sometimes because I buy it to make orange sauce, and I can't let the leftover go to waste.

> -sw

--Bryan

graham

Aug 28, 2020, 5:56:14 PM8/28/20
But they would have plenty of choice:-)

Bruce

Aug 28, 2020, 6:26:51 PM8/28/20
On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 13:38:48 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
They seem predigested by a baby.

dsi1

Aug 28, 2020, 6:52:42 PM8/28/20

jmcquown

Aug 28, 2020, 7:21:26 PM8/28/20
I saw 'Baked Lay's' potato chips the other day. Remember when they
first came out? Made with olestra. There was a warning about anal
leakage".

Has Bryan cooked anything lately? I seem to recall him being hung up
about trans fats.

Jill

Bruce

Aug 28, 2020, 7:26:51 PM8/28/20
On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 19:21:20 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
Everybody was. That's why they've been banned.

Sqwertz

Aug 28, 2020, 7:35:30 PM8/28/20
On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 19:21:20 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

> I saw 'Baked Lay's' potato chips the other day. Remember when they
> first came out? Made with olestra. There was a warning about anal
> leakage".

Baked Lays never had Olestra. That was the Lay's "WOW" line. As in
"Wow! I just shit my pants!"

-sw

Bryan Simmons

Aug 28, 2020, 8:13:38 PM8/28/20
On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 6:21:26 PM UTC-5, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:
> On 8/28/2020 5:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 13:38:48 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:
> >
> >> Pringles are pulverized potatoes, reformed, dried and cooked.
> >> They're the starch version of pink slime. It's amazing to see a
> >> person who's past puberty eating them, like Sunny Delight or
> >> Jolly Ranchers.
> >
> > OK. Kettle-cooked chips... fresh squeezed orange juice... What's
> > the upper class version of Jolly Ranchers?
> >
> > -sw
> >
> I saw 'Baked Lay's' potato chips the other day. Remember when they
> first came out? Made with olestra. There was a warning about anal
> leakage".

Olestra was an artificial fat that passed through unabsorbed.

> Has Bryan cooked anything lately? I seem to recall him being hung up
> about trans fats.

I've posted about things I've cooked most days that I've posted. You just prefer to not read my posts, which is fine, but suggesting that I don't post about cooking when you don't read my posts about cooking, because you don't read my posts is bogus. I was glad that I didn't pitch the egg whites left over from making my son French toast this morning because I incorporated a bit of egg white into my meatballs, along with ground beef, breadcrumbs, a little finely minced frozen spinach, salt, and a tiny bit of celery salt. Jill, you can detest anything you want about me, or what I post, but to suggest that I don't cook is absurd. I probably cook more than anyone here who also has a full time job. I neglect other things I might not if I spent less time cooking.

As far as trans fats go, I was ahead of the curve, as they've been removed almost completely from foods.

> Jill

--Bryan

Bryan Simmons

Aug 28, 2020, 8:19:35 PM8/28/20
*It really felt like it was just going to be a fart*.

> -sw

--Bryan

John Kuthe

Aug 28, 2020, 10:59:06 PM8/28/20
On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 4:43:18 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> I was being ridiculous. I find Penny Marshall repulsive. Remember those K-Mart commercials with Rosie O'Donnell? If they were the last two women on the planet, I'd have to be celibate.
>
> --Bryan

I have not watched TV for over 10 years, and finally GAVE my last operational TV to the American Kidney Association when I moved into my present house which I bought cash outright!

John Kuthe...

Hank Rogers

Aug 28, 2020, 11:29:31 PM8/28/20
Did you pay cash for the TV?

jmcquown

Aug 28, 2020, 11:45:12 PM8/28/20
So sorry.

Jill

Cindy Hamilton

Aug 29, 2020, 6:26:38 AM8/29/20
Buy Lay's instead.

And if you're about to tell me Lay's has gluten, save yourself the trouble.
That's your problem and you can just manage your difficulties your own self.

Cindy Hamilton

Gary

Aug 29, 2020, 11:34:18 AM8/29/20
jmcquown wrote:
> Has Bryan cooked anything lately? I seem to recall him being hung up
> about trans fats.

Going way back, wondering if Bryan still drives that barbie
motor scooter?

And still use that nifty fan exhaust that he invented for
his cat litter box?

Geoff Rove

Aug 29, 2020, 12:24:17 PM8/29/20
Don't see anything wrong with the Pringles process.
Unless some toxic glue is used to form the "chip".
I got the Lays version of pulver.

Geoff Rove

Aug 29, 2020, 12:29:20 PM8/29/20
I will need to get some better brands
. The blackened Aldis looked like rejected spuds with inside rot.

Bryan Simmons

Aug 29, 2020, 1:15:11 PM8/29/20

Not Barbie, Blossom. I sold it for what I paid for it, and bought a 50cc scooter. I sold that for more than I paid for it, and bought one of these. https://www.motorcycle.com/specs/lance/scooter/2015/havana-classic/150.html It's not running right now because of a gas line issue, and it needed a new battery, which came a few days ago, so I hope to have it fixed in a few weeks. I've got another 125cc that I need to have serviced, then sell.

> And still use that nifty fan exhaust that he invented for
> his cat litter box?

The little fan is still keeping the room from smelling overly of cat box odors.

--Bryan

Cindy Hamilton

Aug 29, 2020, 1:18:08 PM8/29/20
The Lays version would be Stax?

Here's the ingredients for the Mesquite barbecue flavor:

Dried Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Cottonseed, Sunflower, And/Or Corn Oil), Unmodified Potato Starch, Sugar, Rice Flour, And Less Than 2% Of The Following: Salt, Maltodextrin (Made From Corn), Mono- And Diglycerides, Dextrose, Soy Lecithin, Onion Powder, Monosodium Glutamate, Corn Syrup Solids, Tomato Powder, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Natural Flavor, Artificial Color (Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 2 Lake), Malic Acid, Sodium Diacetate, Spice, Sodium Caseinate, Citric Acid, Disodium Inosinate, And Disodium Guanylate. Contains Milk and Soy Ingredients.

I think I rather just have fried potatoes:

Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Sunflower, Corn and/or Canola Oil), and Salt.

That's Lay's plain old chips.

Cindy Hamilton

cshenk

Aug 29, 2020, 4:20:58 PM8/29/20
Bryan Simmons wrote:

> On Saturday, August 29, 2020 at 10:34:18 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> > > Has Bryan cooked anything lately? I seem to recall him being hung
> > > up about trans fats.
> > Going way back, wondering if Bryan still drives that barbie
> > motor scooter?
>
> Not Barbie, Blossom. I sold it for what I paid for it, and bought a
> 50cc scooter. I sold that for more than I paid for it, and bought
> one of these.
> https://www.motorcycle.com/specs/lance/scooter/2015/havana-classic/150
> .html It's not running right now because of a gas line issue, and it
> needed a new battery, which came a few days ago, so I hope to have it
> fixed in a few weeks. I've got another 125cc that I need to have
> serviced, then sell.

I like that unit. Good sensible transport most days.

Bruce

Aug 29, 2020, 4:22:34 PM8/29/20
lol

Sqwertz

Aug 29, 2020, 6:05:05 PM8/29/20
On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 10:15:07 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

> Not Barbie, Blossom. I sold it for what I paid for it, and bought
> a 50cc scooter. I sold that for more than I paid for it, and
> bought one of these. https://www.motorcycle.com/specs/lance/scooter/2015/havana-classic/150.html
> It's not running right now because of a gas line issue, and it
> needed a new battery, which came a few days ago, so I hope to
> have it fixed in a few weeks. I've got another 125cc that I need
> to have serviced, then sell.

All of which burn less fossil fuels per mile than John's "electric"
car.

-sw

John Kuthe

Aug 29, 2020, 7:02:01 PM8/29/20
On Saturday, August 29, 2020 at 10:34:18 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
> > Has Bryan cooked anything lately? I seem to recall him being hung up
> > about trans fats.
>
> Going way back, wondering if Bryan still drives that barbie
> motor scooter?

Chappie? ;-)

I remember Chappie!

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe

Aug 29, 2020, 7:04:19 PM8/29/20
BULLSHIT! INF-MPC means and is Infinite Miles Per Gallon!

John Kuthe...

Sqwertz

Aug 29, 2020, 7:42:35 PM8/29/20
On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 16:04:15 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:

> On Saturday, August 29, 2020 at 5:05:05 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 10:15:07 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>
>>> Not Barbie, Blossom. I sold it for what I paid for it, and bought
>>> a 50cc scooter. I sold that for more than I paid for it, and
>>> bought one of these. https://www.motorcycle.com/specs/lance/scooter/2015/havana-classic/150.html
>>> It's not running right now because of a gas line issue, and it
>>> needed a new battery, which came a few days ago, so I hope to
>>> have it fixed in a few weeks. I've got another 125cc that I need
>>> to have serviced, then sell.
>>
>> All of which burn less fossil fuels per mile than John's "electric"
>> car.
>
> BULLSHIT! INF-MPC means and is Infinite Miles Per Gallon!

No, NOT bullshit. You burn about 320 pounds of coal for every 1,000
miles you drive POS "electric" Leaf. Bryan burns no more than 87
pounds of gasoline driving a motorcycle or moped the same number of
miles. He uses 1/4th the fossil fuels that you do to go the same
number of miles.

That makes him better than you by 400%.

-sw

Alex

Aug 29, 2020, 10:36:30 PM8/29/20
With your inheritance.  You and Jill are so proud of your mortgage-free
homes.  I paid mine off with my own money.

Alex

Aug 29, 2020, 10:40:26 PM8/29/20
If John truly cared about the environment he would be driving an ICE car
running on biodiesel and have a solar array on his roof with batteries
for storage.

Bruce

Aug 29, 2020, 10:41:31 PM8/29/20
Lucky them. Sucks to be you.

Alex

Aug 29, 2020, 10:41:45 PM8/29/20
Did you even read the post you responded to?

Alex

Aug 29, 2020, 11:01:10 PM8/29/20
Losing parents for financial gain is lucky?  I guess you could look at
it that way.

Sucks to be me?  I have worked hard and save and invested well.  I'm
fine and can retire before I'm 60 without the concern for social
security or medicare.

Bruce

Aug 29, 2020, 11:05:34 PM8/29/20
On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 23:01:01 -0400, Alex <Xel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Bruce wrote:

>>> With your inheritance.  You and Jill are so proud of your mortgage-free
>>> homes.  I paid mine off with my own money.
>> Lucky them. Sucks to be you.
>
>Losing parents for financial gain is lucky?  I guess you could look at
>it that way.

This, I believe, is what they call "framing" :)

>Sucks to be me?  I have worked hard and save and invested well.  I'm
>fine and can retire before I'm 60 without the concern for social
>security or medicare.

But you're still a nasty person who has no life. Money can't fix that.

Ed Pawlowski

Aug 29, 2020, 11:49:22 PM8/29/20
On 8/29/2020 11:01 PM, Alex wrote:
> Bruce wrote:

>>> With your inheritance.  You and Jill are so proud of your mortgage-free
>>> homes.  I paid mine off with my own money.
>> Lucky them. Sucks to be you.
>
> Losing parents for financial gain is lucky?  I guess you could look at
> it that way.

Why would you bring up such a thing? It is not funny, it is not
anyone's business. Just my opinion, but yes, sucks to be you.

Alex

Aug 30, 2020, 12:03:18 AM8/30/20
No life?  Not as much now, but who does?  I used to travel, enjoy time
with friends all over the country, dine out with my wife, participate in
charity events, shoot at the range, attend concerts, etc.  That will
return.  In the meantime I have been working in/around my house.  I
replaced all of the interior doors, molding, and hardware.  I renovated
my pool deck with travertine and changed all of my outlets and switches
to the decorator style.  That was a bigger project than the doors - you
have more outlets and switches than you might think you do.  I could
have hired someone to do those things but I prefer to do what I can do
and let the experts do the things I can't like resurfacing the pool and
replacing the tile.  I did replace the pool and spa lights with LED's
while that work was in process.  While all of this was going on I never
missed a day at my office.  It was mostly weekend work.

Unlike John I don't have the compulsion to post about everything I do
and add crappy pictures.

What kind of life do you have?

Alex

Aug 30, 2020, 12:13:25 AM8/30/20
Those were Bruce's words.

Bruce

Aug 30, 2020, 12:24:39 AM8/30/20
But you do have the compulsion to reply to everything John posts, in a
nasty way. How do you explain that?

Alex

Aug 30, 2020, 12:26:36 AM8/30/20
That is 100% incorrect.  Why do you have the compulsion to make false
statements?

GM

Aug 30, 2020, 12:52:02 AM8/30/20
You are correct, you reply to very few of John's posts. In fact Bwuthie replies to FAR more of John's posts than *anyone* here...

--
Best
Greg

Bruce

Aug 30, 2020, 1:22:15 AM8/30/20
LOL

Gary

Aug 30, 2020, 6:51:20 AM8/30/20
Bruce wrote:

> <greg> wrote:
> >You are correct, you reply to very few of John's posts.
>
> LOL

Bit of truth there, Brucers. You often defend John and
Julie yet you never talk to them personally. I do. They
are both "nice" people.

Yes, I'll call them out when they say something weird but
I do that with everyone. I treat them both equally as
with every one here.

So many people talk "about" them but not "to" them.

RFC is not a video game like SF once suggested.
We're all real people in a somewhat disfunctional "family."

"This NG is a haven for imbeciles" lol

Bruce

Aug 30, 2020, 7:29:54 AM8/30/20
On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 06:51:14 -0400, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> <greg> wrote:
>> >You are correct, you reply to very few of John's posts.
>>
>> LOL
>
>Bit of truth there, Brucers. You often defend John and
>Julie yet you never talk to them personally. I do. They
>are both "nice" people.

Greg Sorrow said Alex replies "to very few of John's post". I had just
read 8 of Alex' posts and they were all a reply to John. As are 80% of
his posts.

Janet

Aug 30, 2020, 8:58:46 AM8/30/20
In article <KoudnY8ABtM6jdbC...@giganews.com>, Xela777
@gmail.com says...
Me too.

All we inherited was our parents' work ethic.

Janet UK

jmcquown

Aug 30, 2020, 10:41:11 AM8/30/20
Thank you, Ed. The fact is I moved here at my mothers' request. My dad
had Alzheimers and she needed help. Should I have done what my brothers
did and say oh, so sorry, I'm too busy? I was perfectly happy in the
apartment I'd lived in for 12 years before Mom called and said "Jill, I
need you." I took care of both of my parents. I did all the shopping
and cooking and made sure the bills were paid. There is no way anyone
in their *right mind* could compare me with John Kuthe. Apples and oranges.

Jill

Ed Pawlowski

Aug 30, 2020, 10:52:34 AM8/30/20
Reality is, that is the best deal. It will serve you well.

graham

Aug 30, 2020, 11:12:49 AM8/30/20
This was a recent dilemma posed to the NYT Ethicist:

"When my parents died a decade ago, they left me and my two siblings
nearly a half-million dollars each. I am now retired and living
comfortably, as is one of my siblings. The third sibling is still
working, after having squandered my parents’ inheritance through
numerous questionable financial and real estate decisions. On multiple
occasions, this sibling asked for financial advice from me and my other
sibling but then ignored it. We have also given this sibling a few
thousand dollars to help with attorney’s fees and were never repaid. We
have made it known that, because our advice has been ignored, we are not
going to assist with any future financial help.
Now this sibling is planning to declare bankruptcy and live on Social
Security. I feel bad about the situation but don’t feel that we should
give this sibling money that we worked hard for and invested wisely. Is
this reasonable behavior under the circumstances?"

GM

Aug 30, 2020, 11:23:57 AM8/30/20
An ancient fable, it is "The Grasshopper and the Ant", graham...!!!

Since the deadbeat sibling will have an income, a pox on his house...also the writer should eschew any further contact with him...

--
Best
Greg

--
Best
Greg

Bryan Simmons

Aug 30, 2020, 11:41:31 AM8/30/20
That was ungenerous of you. I think everyone here is at least a moron.

--Bryan

Gary

Aug 30, 2020, 11:49:05 AM8/30/20
heheh IMO, all three of you win but John and Jill did
it the easy way so actually THEY won and not you.

Gary

Aug 30, 2020, 11:49:14 AM8/30/20
Alex wrote:

> Bruce wrote:

> >> With your inheritance. You and Jill are so proud of your mortgage-free
> >> homes. I paid mine off with my own money.
> > Lucky them. Sucks to be you.
>
> Losing parents for financial gain is lucky? I guess you could look at
> it that way.
>
> Sucks to be me? I have worked hard and save and invested well. I'm
> fine and can retire before I'm 60 without the concern for social
> security or medicare.

You should be proud. You have all the toys.
I'm still happy with my original monopoly game.
I always pick the cute little scotty dog for my game piece.

:)

Gary

Aug 30, 2020, 11:49:31 AM8/30/20
Alex wrote:

> Bruce wrote:
> >> Sucks to be me? I have worked hard and save and invested well. I'm
> >> fine and can retire before I'm 60 without the concern for social
> >> security or medicare.

> > But you're still a nasty person who has no life. Money can't fix that.
>
> No life? Not as much now, but who does? I used to travel, enjoy time
> with friends all over the country, dine out with my wife, participate in
> charity events, shoot at the range, attend concerts, etc. That will
> return. In the meantime I have been working in/around my house. I
> replaced all of the interior doors, molding, and hardware. I renovated
> my pool deck with travertine and changed all of my outlets and switches
> to the decorator style. That was a bigger project than the doors - you
> have more outlets and switches than you might think you do. I could
> have hired someone to do those things but I prefer to do what I can do
> and let the experts do the things I can't like resurfacing the pool and
> replacing the tile. I did replace the pool and spa lights with LED's
> while that work was in process. While all of this was going on I never
> missed a day at my office. It was mostly weekend work.
>
> Unlike John I don't have the compulsion to post about everything I do

I think you just did.

GM

Aug 30, 2020, 12:04:16 PM8/30/20
Alex does not respond to *every single* post of John's -- or even every JK topic, Bwuthie does, but then he is a drooler with no life...of course he does not grok Alex' and mine' points...he is too stoopid...

For proof, check out the shitbird's posting activity, in July he posted ___968___ times, so far August's tally is 839...OTOH Alex has 132 for July, 83 so far for August...

--
Best
Greg

jmcquown

Aug 30, 2020, 12:28:34 PM8/30/20
Easy? You don't know what you're talking about Gary (nor do the trolls
you love to embrace) so kindly shut the fuck up.

Jill

Bryan Simmons

Aug 30, 2020, 12:52:51 PM8/30/20
On Sunday, August 30, 2020 at 7:58:46 AM UTC-5, Janet wrote:
> In article <KoudnY8ABtM6jdbC...@giganews.com>, Xela777
> @gmail.com says...
> >
> > John Kuthe wrote:
> > > I have not watched TV for over 10 years, and finally GAVE my last operational TV to the American Kidney Association when I moved into my present house which I bought cash outright!

The K-Mart commercials were in the mid-1990s, and *your* celibacy has mostly been because women find you creepy. I know of several women who think you're a nice guy, and feel bad for how you make their skins crawl.

> > > John Kuthe...
> >
> > With your inheritance. You and Jill are so proud of your mortgage-free
> > homes. I paid mine off with my own money.
> Me too.
>
> All we inherited was our parents' work ethic.

I ended up with a few thousand dollars when my mother died. That was it. We've been pretty frugal, so we'll be able to retire comfortably without any inherited money. Our rental house is paid off. Our residence will be paid off and we'll be 100% debt free before I turn 65. Then we can throw suitcases in the trunk of the hybrid Sonata (currently my son's car), and hit the road for motels, camping, AirBnBs, and an occasional nice hotel. We'll come back to St. Louis frequently for a couple of days at a time as long as my wife's parents are alive. Stay in some places for just an overnight, and others for a few months. Spend a few winter months in Puerto Rico, and summers in more temperate zones. Any inheritance that comes our way will just be icing on the cake.

> Janet UK

--Bryan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_coconut

Bruce

Aug 30, 2020, 1:00:59 PM8/30/20
If somebody bequeaths me a large sum of money, I'll consider that a
good deal too.

Ed Pawlowski

Aug 30, 2020, 2:15:49 PM8/30/20
Years ago could have made a huge difference.
I'd not turn it down but at this stage of my life, nothing much would
change. I don't want a bigger house, I have no debt, I come and go as I
please. Maybe a fancier car that I don't really "need". If not for
Covid, I'd travel more but it is not as easy right now.

I'd give away some of it. Since retiring, my income is down but I put
more money into savings than when I was working.

Dave Smith

Aug 30, 2020, 2:34:40 PM8/30/20
>Thank goodness there are people who are willing to give up a lot of
independence to be caregivers to their parents. In some cultures it is
a given. The other family members often don't want to be bothered, but
they still expect to inherit what they think is their fair share.

I saw that even in my own family. My mother had been hospitalized and
released on condition she have 24/7 care for a month. One sister in law
offered to draw up a schedule and we would share the duty, I asked
about our younger brother. He lived almost three hours away. She tried
to shame me over that. She then same up with a schedule that involved
her husband, my brother, doing one shift a week. My other brother and me
and our wives ended up sharing the other six. SIL and her husband were
willing to excuse the youngest, but they weren't willing to cover for
him. They weren't even willing to cover their own share.
Guess who the first ones in her condo to look for valuables when out
mother died.

Janet

Aug 30, 2020, 3:03:25 PM8/30/20
In article <5F4BCA65...@att.net>, g.ma...@att.net says...
You are so shallow and crass Gary. Nobody who remembers Jills posts
about caring for her parents in their last years, would ever call it
"the easy way".

Janet UK

cshenk

Aug 30, 2020, 3:19:22 PM8/30/20
You did well Jill. Anyone with their head in the right place sees it.

For the rest, we get dealt cards all our lives. Some are good and
some, not as useful. I won't get any except I *might* get some from my
Dad's second wife. Such is how the cards work.

No one should 'blame' someone if a person dies and they inherit. Thats
just silly.

cshenk

Aug 30, 2020, 3:44:29 PM8/30/20
Gary may have missed the year where you had to move to take care of
your Mom and Dad.

BTW, what happened to that required clubhouse place? If I missed it
being posted, sorry.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Aug 30, 2020, 6:24:18 PM8/30/20
On Sunday, August 30, 2020 at 2:19:22 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
>
> > Thank you, Ed. The fact is I moved here at my mothers' request. My
> > dad had Alzheimers and she needed help. Should I have done what my
> > brothers did and say oh, so sorry, I'm too busy? I was perfectly
> > happy in the apartment I'd lived in for 12 years before Mom called
> > and said "Jill, I need you." I took care of both of my parents. I
> > did all the shopping and cooking and made sure the bills were paid.
> > There is no way anyone in their *right mind* could compare me with
> > John Kuthe. Apples and oranges.
> >
> > Jill
>
> You did well Jill. Anyone with their head in the right place sees it.
>
> For the rest, we get dealt cards all our lives. Some are good and
> some, not as useful. I won't get any except I *might* get some from my
> Dad's second wife. Such is how the cards work.
>
> No one should 'blame' someone if a person dies and they inherit. Thats
> just silly.

I agree 100%. Why someone begrudges another person an inheritance when they've
had to up-end their life and home and move and take care of them is beyond me.
And if that person is bedridden I believe the caretaking is doubly hard. What
someone is left in gratitude for their care and for someone else to criticize
and belittle them for their sacrifice is beyond me.

The last time Gary talked about going to see his mother (Thanksgiving or
Christmas) he couldn't be bothered. I believe the travel distance was too
much but I could be mistaken.

Bruce

Aug 30, 2020, 6:39:42 PM8/30/20
Here we go again. Good to know that Janet US is going to tell you off.

Hank Rogers

Aug 30, 2020, 6:51:52 PM8/30/20
You working on another double? That'll make two in one day!

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Aug 30, 2020, 7:06:40 PM8/30/20
On Sunday, August 30, 2020 at 5:39:42 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> Here we go again. Good to know that Janet US is going to tell you off.

What are you babbling about? Tell me off for what? That I agreed Jill
deserved that house be left to her after moving hundreds of miles to take
care of her elderly parents?

Bryan Simmons

Aug 30, 2020, 8:27:20 PM8/30/20
I agree 100%. Jill did the decent and right thing. As much as we might have personal disagreements, she did what any honorable child should do. As much as I'm looking forward to just kicking around in retirement, if my mother or father in-law needed care, I'd drop everything. My much loved mother died many years ago, but I love my wife's parents, and would do what I could for them. When I married my wife, I got a bargain, and her family was part of it. I got lucky. Some guys can't stand their in-laws, and I love mine.

--Bryan

cshenk

Aug 30, 2020, 9:45:42 PM8/30/20
itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:

> On Sunday, August 30, 2020 at 2:19:22 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> >
> > jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you, Ed. The fact is I moved here at my mothers' request.
> > > My dad had Alzheimers and she needed help. Should I have done
> > > what my brothers did and say oh, so sorry, I'm too busy? I was
> > > perfectly happy in the apartment I'd lived in for 12 years before
> > > Mom called and said "Jill, I need you." I took care of both of
> > > my parents. I did all the shopping and cooking and made sure the
> > > bills were paid. There is no way anyone in their *right mind*
> > > could compare me with John Kuthe. Apples and oranges.
> > >
> > > Jill
> >
> > You did well Jill. Anyone with their head in the right place sees
> > it.
> >
> > For the rest, we get dealt cards all our lives. Some are good and
> > some, not as useful. I won't get any except I might get some from my
> > Dad's second wife. Such is how the cards work.
> >
> > No one should 'blame' someone if a person dies and they inherit.
> > Thats just silly.
> >
> I agree 100%. Why someone begrudges another person an inheritance
> when they've had to up-end their life and home and move and take care
> of them is beyond me. And if that person is bedridden I believe the
> caretaking is doubly hard. What someone is left in gratitude for
> their care and for someone else to criticize and belittle them for
> their sacrifice is beyond me.

We all watched. It was years worth of caring for her parents. As I
recall, people even bitched at her for giving up her good job and life
to do it.

Her brothers turned into vultures after the parents died.

Like said. There is no shame in any part of this of Jills. Only those
who don't know the story and get it all wrong because of that.

Jill, you know I don't read every message. I seem to recall you had to
sell your own house to do it all? Maybe I confused that with moving
stuff.

Gary

Aug 31, 2020, 8:43:54 AM8/31/20
That's Joan speculating and spredding gossip again.
She's good for that. Always trying to cut down other's lives.

Fact is, I'm very close to my Mom. We talk most days via
email. (internet is a good thing for this) We also talk
every single weekend for about 2 hours for many years
Note: we live about 300 miles apart so visits aren't
that frequent.
We communicate as we can and we are both fine with it.

I have always offered my home if they ever need me. I've
assured them that they won't have to live in a retirement
home ever. Very serious offer too. I mean that and Mom
knows it.

Now that Dad is gone, Mom is still very active (just
turned 89 too). Only thing she can't do now is drive.

So then we have my sister who has lived with them
much of her life (free room and board). She still
lives there and Mom needs someone there. She will
do the grocery shopping and take her to doctor when
necessary but that seems to be about all she does.
She doesn't cook and when not working, goes off most
nights to church functions.

Not always though but Mom does seem to live "alone"
most days and evenings. It's a bit of a concern
but Mom hasn't complained.

If anything happens to my sister, I'll be right up
there asap. Then would either bring her here or
stay up there with her. Her choice for that.

I also suspect my brother would do the same if needed.

This is not Jill's situation where her two brothers
refused to help so she saved the day. All of my
family is willing to help but sister just happened
to be living there anyway so all is good for now.

God, I hate people that speculate and gossip "fake news."
What they don't know, they invent.

Gary

Aug 31, 2020, 10:00:31 AM8/31/20
I remember your take care of parents story Jill and it does have
some
holes in it. Would be nice to hear your brother's sides of the
story.

Gary

Aug 31, 2020, 10:03:59 AM8/31/20
"itsjoan...@webtv.net" wrote:

> The last time Gary talked about going to see his mother (Thanksgiving or
> Christmas) he couldn't be bothered. I believe the travel distance was too
> much but I could be mistaken.

I only said that people that travel long distant for a
holiday is stupid. Everyone driving on very overcrowded
roads and people that fly getting stuck in airports.

Better to visit on an off holiday week and avoid all
the crowds and problems.

Simple solution.

Gary

Aug 31, 2020, 10:04:24 AM8/31/20
Bryan Simmons wrote:

> When I married my wife, I got a bargain, and her family was
> part of it. I got lucky. Some guys can't stand their
> in-laws, and I love mine.

When I married my wife I got several bargains.
- the wife
- a cute little step daughter (age 2 1/2)
- plus my very cool in-laws

I've always liked my in-laws and we still keep in touch.
My stepdaughter (my first daughter) just had a
birthday the other day.

Sheldon Martin

Aug 31, 2020, 10:38:43 AM8/31/20
During that period Jill and I were emailing each other often, there
were no holes, if anything she didn't post everything about how
difficult caring for her mom was. Plus she gave up her apartment in TN
to be there and at the time had no idea that she would inherit her
parent's house so we spoke about her options regarding her finding
employment while caring for a parent and about eventually relocating
because I remember how she didn't particularly like living on a golf
course on an island and so far from everything, that was a difficult
time for Jill, would be difficult for anyone. I wouldn't want to hear
her brother's sides, WTF would you rather believe them... you're like
the Paranoid Dwarf.

Gary

Aug 31, 2020, 11:17:57 AM8/31/20
Just trying to help, you added a few more holes to her story.
Poor Jill. You've also only heard her side of it.
Brothers wouldn't help. Was Jill their last choice?

She gave up her apartment rent and all the monthly bills.
Bet her parents didn't charge her rent and she
didn't need to work to survive.
She also put her beloved cat in a kennel for several months
before she went back to get it. So much for a beloved cat.

Not to say that over time, the care didn't become more and
more work. It certainly would. I would do it too though.

I raised my daughter since age 7 with no child support.
I *had* to work to pay the bills and still do all the extra
things.
Not the same but similar.

I just don't like this, "I sacrificed everything"
for them crap. We all do what we have to do.

Same as the common, "I worked hard all my life."
Hey...most people do. Give me a violin to play
whenever you say that to me.

Janet

Aug 31, 2020, 11:33:29 AM8/31/20
In article <5F4D028A...@att.net>, g.ma...@att.net says...
There you go again,making up lies to justify yourself and smear
Jill.

Janet UK

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Aug 31, 2020, 2:44:25 PM8/31/20
On Monday, August 31, 2020 at 7:43:54 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> That's Joan speculating and spredding gossip again.
> She's good for that. Always trying to cut down other's lives.
>
> God, I hate people that speculate and gossip "fake news."
> What they don't know, they invent.

Gary, you just described what you do. You speculate about Jill's life,
her brothers, why she got the house, and the list is quite long.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Aug 31, 2020, 3:04:49 PM8/31/20
On Monday, August 31, 2020 at 10:17:57 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> Just trying to help, you added a few more holes to her story.
> Poor Jill. You've also only heard her side of it.
> Brothers wouldn't help. Was Jill their last choice?

Does Jill or anyone here need your 'help'? And just what 'holes'? Why
does anyone need to explain anything to you about her personal life?

> She gave up her apartment rent and all the monthly bills.
> Bet her parents didn't charge her rent and she
> didn't need to work to survive.

Why would they charge her rent? She was their fulltime caretaker. When
you have a fulltime caretake you don't charge THEM, you pay them. They
gave her a place to live while she was their caregiver. Damn, you ARE
dense.

> She also put her beloved cat in a kennel for several months
> before she went back to get it. So much for a beloved cat.

She probably did not realize it would an extended stay. Many people put
their animals in a kennel when pressing duties call.

> Not to say that over time, the care didn't become more and
> more work. It certainly would. I would do it too though.
>
> I raised my daughter since age 7 with no child support.
> I *had* to work to pay the bills and still do all the extra
> things.
> Not the same but similar.

Did you charge that dang kid for caring for her?? You should have, after
all, you gave her a home to live in, bought her clothes, and fed her; you
sacrificed a LOT. See how stupid my statement sounds? It's just as stupid
as the one you made about Jill's parents not charging her rent for living
there and taking care of them.

> I just don't like this, "I sacrificed everything"
> for them crap. We all do what we have to do.

I've never once heard Jill say "I sacrificed everything." Quit lying and
gossiping.

> Same as the common, "I worked hard all my life."
> Hey...most people do. Give me a violin to play
> whenever you say that to me.

All I get from your whiny posts about Jill and inheriting a house is
sour grapes and jealousy. It just burns your ass she was given a house
and her lazy brothers didn't get it instead. She owes no explanation
about anything to you or anyone. You need to work on getting that
green-eyed monster under control.

Leo

Aug 31, 2020, 5:17:03 PM8/31/20
On 2020 Aug 30, , cshenk wrote
(in article<y9ydnX-_6vstZtbC...@giganews.com>):

> No one should 'blame' someone if a person dies and they inherit. Thats
> just silly.

Yet it often destroys families. Not me, but I’ve seen it secondhand. A
friend and his siblings quit speaking after a co-inherited home was wanted to
be kept by one and sold by the others. The home keeper didn’t have the
money to buy out the others, so the home was sold. Forever estrangement
ensued.

Geoff Rove

Aug 31, 2020, 7:02:26 PM8/31/20
On Saturday, August 29, 2020 at 12:18:08 PM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, August 29, 2020 at 12:24:17 PM UTC-4, jgro...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > > Pringles are pulverized potatoes, reformed, dried and cooked. They're the starch version of pink slime. It's amazing to see a person who's past puberty eating them, like Sunny Delight or Jolly Ranchers.
> > >
> > > --Bryan
> > Don't see anything wrong with the Pringles process.
> > Unless some toxic glue is used to form the "chip".
> > I got the Lays version of pulver.
> The Lays version would be Stax?
>
> Here's the ingredients for the Mesquite barbecue flavor:
>
> Dried Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Cottonseed, Sunflower, And/Or Corn Oil), Unmodified Potato Starch, Sugar, Rice Flour, And Less Than 2% Of The Following: Salt, Maltodextrin (Made From Corn), Mono- And Diglycerides, Dextrose, Soy Lecithin, Onion Powder, Monosodium Glutamate, Corn Syrup Solids, Tomato Powder, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Natural Flavor, Artificial Color (Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 2 Lake), Malic Acid, Sodium Diacetate, Spice, Sodium Caseinate, Citric Acid, Disodium Inosinate, And Disodium Guanylate. Contains Milk and Soy Ingredients.
>
> I think I rather just have fried potatoes:
>
> Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Sunflower, Corn and/or Canola Oil), and Salt.
>
> That's Lay's plain old chips.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

My Stax label also says "made in Mexico". Maybe some cans have a secret prize on bottom my little friend ??

Alex

Aug 31, 2020, 7:02:38 PM8/31/20
Janet wrote:
> In article <KoudnY8ABtM6jdbC...@giganews.com>, Xela777
> @gmail.com says...
>> John Kuthe wrote:
>>> I have not watched TV for over 10 years, and finally GAVE my last operational TV to the American Kidney Association when I moved into my present house which I bought cash outright!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>> With your inheritance.  You and Jill are so proud of your mortgage-free
>> homes.  I paid mine off with my own money.
> Me too.
>
> All we inherited was our parents' work ethic.
>

> Janet UK

Exactly!

Alex

Aug 31, 2020, 7:09:00 PM8/31/20
Gary wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>>> But you're still a nasty person who has no life. Money can't fix that.
>> No life? Not as much now, but who does? I used to travel, enjoy time
>> with friends all over the country, dine out with my wife, participate in
>> charity events, shoot at the range, attend concerts, etc. That will
>> return. In the meantime I have been working in/around my house. I
>> replaced all of the interior doors, molding, and hardware. I renovated
>> my pool deck with travertine and changed all of my outlets and switches
>> to the decorator style. That was a bigger project than the doors - you
>> have more outlets and switches than you might think you do. I could
>> have hired someone to do those things but I prefer to do what I can do
>> and let the experts do the things I can't like resurfacing the pool and
>> replacing the tile. I did replace the pool and spa lights with LED's
>> while that work was in process. While all of this was going on I never
>> missed a day at my office. It was mostly weekend work.
>>
>> Unlike John I don't have the compulsion to post about everything I do
> I think you just did.

That was in defense of his erroneous assumption.  I didn't post after
each task with exclamation points and shitty photos.

Bruce

Aug 31, 2020, 7:09:20 PM8/31/20
Poor things.

GM

Aug 31, 2020, 7:32:56 PM8/31/20
"I started out in life with two great advantages: no money and good parents"

- Margaret Thatcher

--
Best
Greg

Bruce

Aug 31, 2020, 8:11:49 PM8/31/20
And she almost led the UK to bankruptcy.

Geoff Rove

Sep 3, 2020, 5:34:48 PM9/3/20
On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 1:57:09 PM UTC-5, Geoff Rove wrote:
> Many burnt/ black spotted chips in last 2 bags.
> These would have been discovered by line workers
> and discarded. I'm buying canned Pringles style bbq
> instead. Aldi ruffles style are still okay.

I got bbq and ruffles Kroger brand. Great quality control by Lucy and Ethel.
Aldi Clancey brand.. Ya Fired. Only downside is Kroger has corn oil with the gmo risks.

Bruce

Sep 3, 2020, 5:35:39 PM9/3/20
RFC doesn't mind GMO, as long as it fits in the pie hole.

Bryan Simmons

Sep 3, 2020, 6:34:06 PM9/3/20
Maybe Gary has mommy issues. Maybe he needs counseling. Show us on the doll where your mommy hurt you.

--Bryan