Hey Michael

Bryan Simmons

Sep 27, 2023, 1:39:07 PM9/27/23
I thought about you while I was checking the grocery store ads. We're going camping later in the week, and I was checking the grocery store ads from grocery stores on the way there, looking both for bargains for the campground, but also ones for the way back to town. Do you check grocery stores along the route when you do road trips?

This is kind of a lousy grocery ad week, both locally, and on the road to camping, but I am going to stop at the Price Chopper in Rolla, MO because they have 2Ls of Diet Coke 2/$3. ALDI has butterflied leg of lamb on sale for $6.49/#, and we're thinking of taking that along to grill on the campfire, and buying an extra to make lamb stew after we get back on Sunday to take to the parents.

--Bryan

Michael Trew

Sep 27, 2023, 8:47:30 PM9/27/23
On 9/27/2023 1:38 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> I thought about you while I was checking the grocery store ads.
> We're going camping later in the week, and I was checking the grocery
> store ads from grocery stores on the way there, looking both for
> bargains for the campground, but also ones for the way back to town.
> Do you check grocery stores along the route when you do road trips?

Not typically... The nice couple who hosts the meet in Minnesota, in
particular, always provide a lot of food. I don't eat much on road
trips, because I get tired while driving. I'll just nibble at pretzels
or the like. I might stop somewhere for a chicken sandwich. Coffee, in
moderation (unlike the pot I drink by myself at home or at work).

> This is kind of a lousy grocery ad week, both locally, and on the
> road to camping, but I am going to stop at the Price Chopper in
> Rolla, MO because they have 2Ls of Diet Coke 2/$3. ALDI has
> butterflied leg of lamb on sale for $6.49/#, and we're thinking of
> taking that along to grill on the campfire, and buying an extra to
> make lamb stew after we get back on Sunday to take to the parents.

I can't say that I've ever cooked lamb myself, but I had some at a Halal
restaurant the other day. My initial thought was to complain that the
container of food cost $11, but the portion was huge. I ate half, and
the left overs heated up very well tonight with a splash of water in a
cast iron skillet over low heat. Under the lamb was brown rice, black
beans, peppers/onions, lettuce, tomato, and some kind of mildly spicy
green chili sauce. I will be ordering that again some day.

Bruce

Sep 27, 2023, 9:17:22 PM9/27/23
Don't you feel sorry at all for the cute lil' lamb? Are you that
ruthless?

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Sqwertz

Sep 28, 2023, 5:32:35 AM9/28/23
On Wed, 27 Sep 2023 10:38:58 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

> This is kind of a lousy grocery ad week, both locally, and on
> the road to camping, but I am going to stop at the Price
> Chopper in Rolla, MO because they have 2Ls of Diet Coke 2/$3.

You would make a special stop for diet coke for $1.50?!?!

I never paid attention to soda prices until earlier this week.
Yeah, I bought 6 of them for $1 each from Kroger. And now
Safeway/Randalls is selling them 10 for $10, too. 2 for $3 is a
ripoff.

You know that Diet Coke's "Natural Flavoring" is made out of
muskrat anal gland secretions imported from Cambodia, right?

I can't believe people seek out deals on soda to this extent.
Drink water, ferchristsakes. Or brew your own sodas.

How sad.

-sw

Bruce

Sep 28, 2023, 7:05:48 AM9/28/23
On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 04:32:29 -0500, Sqwertz <sqwe...@gmail.compost>
wrote:
I agree. It's all gunk. We can't always drink alcohol, or never for
some people, but have fruit juice, coffee, tea or water, not those
weird science projects.