Southern US Cuisine: Fried Chicken Big Hit With Royals

William

Jul 27, 2015, 9:46:59 AM7/27/15
On CBS This Morning, there was a story about a Chef from the Southern
part of the United States who is cooking in the UK and his Fried
Chicken is a big hit with the British Royal Family. I thought Kentucky
Fried Chicken invaded the British Isles years ago? I bet this Southern
Chef has the Brits eating Grits!

William

Nancy2

Jul 27, 2015, 11:53:58 AM7/27/15
Even if KFC has been in the UK for a long time, that doesn't mean the Royals ever ate it.
I can see it now: A new reality show, "Brits Eating Grits."

N.

Cheri

Jul 27, 2015, 12:15:15 PM7/27/15

"Nancy2" <ellor...@gmail.com> wrote in message
LOL

Ophelia

Jul 27, 2015, 1:19:36 PM7/27/15

"Nancy2" <ellor...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Even if KFC has been in the UK for a long time, that doesn't mean the
> Royals ever ate it.
> I can see it now: A new reality show, "Brits Eating Grits."

<lol> not something I have ever tasted:)))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

sf

Jul 27, 2015, 1:54:14 PM7/27/15
On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 18:19:20 +0100, "Ophelia" <OphEl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> "Nancy2" <ellor...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Even if KFC has been in the UK for a long time, that doesn't mean the
> > Royals ever ate it.
> > I can see it now: A new reality show, "Brits Eating Grits."
>
> <lol> not something I have ever tasted:)))

I haven't either, but I like polenta. From what I hear, they're
similar - but not the same.

--

sf

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

Jul 27, 2015, 2:07:38 PM7/27/15
On 7/28/2015 3:48 AM, sf wrote:
I have, on at least three prior occasions, written posts that delve into
the “alleged” lurid past of one of our former presidents, George Herbert
Walker Bush (GHWB), the current but ailing patriarch of the Bush Family
Dynasty – I refer to them as the Bush Family Crime Syndicate, certainly
not in terms of endearment – but rather more like the Mafia Godfather
who prepares his sons to take over the family business upon his death.
This particular post references an article by Stew Webb, a contributor
of Veterans Today.

In his life-time, George H. W. Bush (GHWB) has controlled every
clandestine (hidden from view) and secret organization/operation within
the arsenal of the United States government as either 1) Director of the
CIA, 2) Vice President to Ronald Reagan (who was an unwitting puppet to
the Bush controlled cabal – GHWB secretly gave Reagan poisons that
hastened his fall into Alzheimer’s Disease and evidence suggests he
helped plan Reagan’ attempted assassination by John Hinckley, whose
family were close friends of the Bush family – a coincidence?) and 3)
ultimately as President of the United States before Bill Clinton took
office.

Saint George

Jul 27, 2015, 3:07:50 PM7/27/15
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried_chicken#History

Fritters have existed in Europe since the middle ages.[3] The Scots, and
later Scottish immigrants to the southern United States, had a tradition
of deep frying chicken in fat, unlike their English counterparts who
baked or boiled chicken

Fried Chicken originated from Scotland...

Brooklyn1

Jul 27, 2015, 3:15:28 PM7/27/15
wrote:

>"Nancy2" <ellor...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Even if KFC has been in the UK for a long time, that doesn't mean the
>> Royals ever ate it.
>> I can see it now: A new reality show, "Brits Eating Grits."
>
><lol> not something I have ever tasted:)))

Tastes exactly like baby pablum, just a coarser texture.

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

Jul 27, 2015, 3:29:13 PM7/27/15

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

Jul 27, 2015, 3:31:34 PM7/27/15

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

Jul 27, 2015, 3:32:44 PM7/27/15
On 7/28/2015 5:07 AM, Saint George wrote:
At the very least, as an ethical Presidential Candidate, Jeb Bush would
be expected to denounce pedophilia and ritual child sacrifice by his
father and brother and any other Bush family members.
All 2016 Presidential candidates should be questioned as to whether they
have ever participated in pedophilia, ritual child sacrifice, or child
trafficking, or in any of the networks that support such.
A new model of the actual planetary driver of pedophile and ritual
sacrifice networks

The Transhumanist Agenda model of pedophilia and child abuse networks is
more accurate and factual than a prior model of pedophilia that focuses
sole blame on Churches [such as the Vatican] or Monarchies [such as the
UK, Dutch, or Belgian Throne]. This prior model of pedophile networks
actually diverts attention away from Transhumanist Agenda, which is the
actual current planetary driver of pedophile and ritual sacrifice networks.

Saint George

Jul 27, 2015, 3:41:43 PM7/27/15
On 27/07/2015 06:19 pm, Ophelia wrote:

> "Nancy2" <ellor...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Even if KFC has been in the UK for a long time, that doesn't mean the
>> Royals ever ate it.
>> I can see it now: A new reality show, "Brits Eating Grits."
>
> <lol> not something I have ever tasted:)))

Southern Fried Chicken ---> Scotch Fried Chicken

Grits (Cornmeal) ---> Porridge (Oatmeal)

Confederate Flag ---> Saint Andrews Saltire

The Scotch were eating that shit before Christopher Columbus was even born!

Stealing other people's ideas and claiming them as their own, that must
be the "American Dream"...

and *DON'T* even start about Burgers (German) and "Fries" (Belgian)...

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

Jul 27, 2015, 3:43:51 PM7/27/15
On 7/28/2015 5:41 AM, Saint George wrote:
Bush once called for building prisons and emphasizing "punishment over
therapy" for juvenile offenders. Today, he supports reforming the
criminal justice system, arguing that incarceration can harden low-level
lawbreakers into career criminals.

Bush "does not flip-flop," a Bush adviser said. "He learns. When he
learns, he changes." Bush was particularly influenced by the experience
of governing: he suddenly had access to measurements of what worked, and
what did not, on issues like juvenile justice

Sal Paradise

Jul 27, 2015, 3:47:43 PM7/27/15
On 7/27/2015 1:41 PM, Saint George wrote:
> On 27/07/2015 06:19 pm, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Nancy2" <ellor...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Even if KFC has been in the UK for a long time, that doesn't mean the
>>> Royals ever ate it.
>>> I can see it now: A new reality show, "Brits Eating Grits."
>>
>> <lol> not something I have ever tasted:)))
>>

> Southern Fried Chicken ---> Scotch Fried Chicken
>
> Grits (Cornmeal) ---> Porridge (Oatmeal)
>
> Confederate Flag ---> Saint Andrews Saltire

Ya'll were slavers up north?

> The Scotch were eating that shit before Christopher Columbus was even born!
>
> Stealing other people's ideas and claiming them as their own, that must
> be the "American Dream"...

Revising root dishes and renaming them is an immigrant constant.

> and *DON'T* even start about Burgers (German) and "Fries" (Belgian)...

Egg rolls - pure Americanized Chinese cuisine.

Cope.

Sal Paradise

Jul 27, 2015, 3:49:04 PM7/27/15
On 7/28/2015 5:46 AM, Sal Paradise wrote:
Barbara J. Llorente FRAUD!
ab...@aioe.org
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available. Record
ID: 47846596.

Your ass has more mass than Jupiter!

No one cares about you.

Get OUT!

_,..._
/__ \
>< `. \
/_ \ |
\-_ /:|
,--'..'. :
,' `.
_,' \
_.._,--'' , |
, ,',, _| _,.'| | |
\\||/,'(,' '--'' | | |
_ ||| | /-' |
| | (- -)<`._ | / /
| | \_\O/_/`-.(<< |____/ /
| | / \ / -'| `--.'|
| | \___/ / /
| | H H / | |
|_|_..-H-H--.._ / ,| |
|-.._"_"__..-| | _-/ | |
| | | | \_ |
Barbara Llorente | | | | |
| The | |____| | |
|Troll Enabler | _..' | |____|
jrei | |_(____..._' _.' |
`-..______..-'"" (___..--'

Sal Paradise

Jul 27, 2015, 3:50:22 PM7/27/15

Ophelia

Jul 27, 2015, 4:40:53 PM7/27/15

"Saint George" <stge...@england.eng> wrote in message
<g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Sal Paradise

Jul 27, 2015, 4:48:20 PM7/27/15
We hanna' borrowed haggis...

sf

Jul 27, 2015, 4:54:37 PM7/27/15
On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 21:29:38 +0100, "Ophelia" <OphEl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> "Saint George" <stge...@england.eng> wrote in message
> > On 27/07/2015 06:19 pm, Ophelia wrote:
> >>

> >> "Nancy2" <ellor...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Stealing other people's ideas and claiming them as their own, that must be
> > the "American Dream"...
> >
> > and *DON'T* even start about Burgers (German) and "Fries" (Belgian)...
>
> <g>

We're a land of immigrants, so everything was invented elsewhere.
What else is new? Frikadellen is closer to meatloaf than it is to an
American style burger and Belgians fries are not served the American
way. Theirs are served with flavored mayonnaise. Oh, joy.

--

sf

graham

Jul 27, 2015, 5:06:05 PM7/27/15
"All Scottish cooking is based on a dare"
Mike Meyers

Graham
--
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy wine,
which is kind of the same thing".

Sal Paradise

Jul 27, 2015, 5:21:03 PM7/27/15

Sal Paradise

Jul 27, 2015, 5:23:08 PM7/27/15
On 7/28/2015 6:54 AM, sf wrote:
should you believe Bush's new found compassion? Should you believe any
of the Bush family, no matter what they say? Would you ever believe a
criminal's word? How about an entire family of criminals?

Remember his daddy's "Kinder and Gentler Nation"? Did any of you notice
any improvement in the treatment of those who the Republicans are so
fond of reviling; the poor and single women and working women and
children and the elderly and the disabled? Nope, neither did I. Do you
believe for a moment that sonny boy has any intention of actually doing
anything but just mouthing those words until election day and then
falling back into the mean spirited, hateful, despicable ways of all
Republican politicians? Nope, neither do I.

Okay, let's spend a few minutes doing what the corporately owned media
has no intention of doing; factually looking at the criminal record that
the entire Bush family has loosed upon America and her citizens. History
is a far better indicator of a person's future actions than any
ludicrous promises or political platforms during an election. Careful,
though, this type of honest examination that always precedes the usual
death threats and taunts of "liar, liar, pants on fire." As Mort Sahl
once said about Ronald Reagan, "When I quote him, I'm accused of
slandering him."

Let's begin with George W. Bush, Sr., shall we?

Just to refresh your memory, it was Bush who, during his failed 1980 run
for the Presidency, labeled Reagan's twisted "Trickle Down Theory" as
"voodoo economics" and then, once chosen as the feeble-minded old man's
running mate, spent the next twelve years pretending to accept the lie.
It was during his successful 1988 Presidential campaign that he
proclaimed "Read my lips! No new taxes!" but, well, you get the picture.

Many records have come to light since the Iran-Contra hearings that
strongly support the accusation that then Vice-President Bush was not
"Out of the loop", as he repeatedly claimed, but was fully aware of the
illegal arms shipments to Iran and also of the drugs that were being
imported into the poorest neighborhoods in America by the terrorists he
and Reagan were illegally supporting in Nicaragua. The world will never
know the truth, of course, because one of Bush's last acts as President
was to pardon everyone related to these high crimes and misdemeanors.

There has also been reports that he was protecting major drug dealers in
the Mideast who were also acting as informants. These dealers were
passing on military and political information regarding such nations as
Syria and Iraq in exchange for that protection.

It has long been known that it was at Bush's request that Brett
Kimberlin, a convicted small time drug dealer, was placed in solitary
confinement for the entire 1988 presidential election cycle. Why such a
harsh punishment for such a small time crook? Because Kimberlin had
stated in an NBC interview that he had been the source for the monthly
marijuana purchases of one Dan Quayle and that he had made Quayle and
his new blushing, conservative bride, Marilyn, a wedding present of
hashish and marijuana which, it goes without saying, was consumed and
not reported to the local police.

Finally, there was once evidence that George Bush may have been the
celebrated "Deep-Throat" of Watergate fame. That evidence, however, has
long since been destroyed. (1)

The boys of the Bush family have some truly dirty laundry, as well.

Beginning with John "Jeb" Bush, now governor of Florida, we find that he
assisted Miguel Recarey, a fugitive now living in Spain, to steal over
$200 million from International Medical Centers, the HMO Recarey owned,
by using Jeb's father's influence to acquire a waiver for the HMO of the
standard rule of 50-50 (meaning that at least 50% of an HMO's clients
cannot be Medicare patients but must be full paying clients). This theft
left 150,000 elderly Americans without medical coverage. Oh, and by the
way, Recarey had paid Jeb Bush's company a $75,000 "real-estate
consultant fee". All totaled, Recarey embezzled over $1 billion in
Medicare funds through false billings and outright theft.

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

Jul 27, 2015, 5:23:22 PM7/27/15

Sal Paradise

Jul 27, 2015, 5:23:36 PM7/27/15
Good point.

They _look_ great, but mayo?

Uck.

I think we also 'invented' Chop Suey, or rather Chinese immigrants did.

Oh - wild rice.

Sal Paradise

Jul 27, 2015, 5:24:36 PM7/27/15
Message has been deleted

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

Jul 27, 2015, 5:37:51 PM7/27/15

dsi1

Jul 27, 2015, 6:24:14 PM7/27/15
On 7/27/2015 3:46 AM, William wrote:
> On CBS This Morning, there was a story about a Chef from the Southern
> part of the United States who is cooking in the UK and his Fried
> Chicken is a big hit with the British Royal Family. I thought Kentucky
> Fried Chicken invaded the British Isles years ago? I bet this Southern
> Chef has the Brits eating Grits!
>
> William

A Brit eating KFC would be pretty funny. There were a bunch of KFCs in
the areas of the UK that I passed through. A lot of them were not
franchises but they just used "KFC" anyway. The KFC branding is some
powerful juju over there. Sadly, I did not get to eat any KFC in London.
That's the breaks. :)

Sal Paradise

Jul 27, 2015, 6:41:32 PM7/27/15
On 7/27/2015 3:36 PM, Bruce wrote:
> Belgians are right. Fries with mayonnaise is

You have the pallet of a Cossack :-(

Nancy2

Jul 27, 2015, 6:56:35 PM7/27/15
Pallet? LOL. I didn't realize Cossacks did a lot of shipping.

I think your spell checker meant "palate."

N.

Sal Paradise

Jul 27, 2015, 6:59:36 PM7/27/15
It ought to have, my bad.
Message has been deleted

Sal Paradise

Jul 27, 2015, 7:07:26 PM7/27/15
On 7/27/2015 5:03 PM, Bruce wrote:
> Cossacks are Slavs. Belgians and Dutch are the authorities when it
> comes to French (quoi?) fries.

They're Cossacks for dipping in plebeian mayo.

cshenk

Jul 27, 2015, 7:27:28 PM7/27/15
Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Saint George" <stge...@england.eng> wrote in message
> > On 27/07/2015 06:19 pm, Ophelia wrote:
> > >

> >>"Nancy2" <ellor...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> >><lol> not something I have ever tasted:)))
> > >

> >Southern Fried Chicken ---> Scotch Fried Chicken
> >
> >Grits (Cornmeal) ---> Porridge (Oatmeal)
> >
> >Confederate Flag ---> Saint Andrews Saltire
> >

> > The Scotch were eating that shit before Christopher Columbus was
> > even born!
> >
> > Stealing other people's ideas and claiming them as their own, that
> > must be the "American Dream"...
> >
> > and DON'T even start about Burgers (German) and "Fries" (Belgian)...
>
> <g>

Amusing yes but not very accurate. For example: grits come from
America type corn and that didnt exist outside this continent until
exported from here.

Carol

--

Message has been deleted

Roy

Jul 27, 2015, 8:36:10 PM7/27/15
No more of this Bush shit...you hear?

Roy

Jul 27, 2015, 8:37:32 PM7/27/15
No more of this Bush shit...you hear me?

Sal Paradise

Jul 27, 2015, 9:08:12 PM7/27/15
On 7/27/2015 6:30 PM, Bruce wrote:
> Oil and eggs are universal. Even the plebs love it.

Not on fries, and not on burgers, thank you very much!

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

Jul 27, 2015, 9:11:08 PM7/27/15
Marty and Sqwerty don't listen, period.

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

Jul 27, 2015, 9:11:56 PM7/27/15
On 7/27/2015 6:37 PM, Roy wrote:
> No more of this Bush shit...you hear me?

Let me ditto that, in fact no more Bushes OR Clinton's period.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Saint George

Jul 28, 2015, 3:29:28 AM7/28/15
On 27/07/2015 08:41 pm, Saint George wrote:
> On 27/07/2015 06:19 pm, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Nancy2" <ellor...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Even if KFC has been in the UK for a long time, that doesn't mean the
>>> Royals ever ate it.
>>> I can see it now: A new reality show, "Brits Eating Grits."
>>
>> <lol> not something I have ever tasted:)))
>>

> Southern Fried Chicken ---> Scotch Fried Chicken
>
> Grits (Cornmeal) ---> Porridge (Oatmeal)
>
> Confederate Flag ---> Saint Andrews Saltire
>

> The Scotch were eating that shit before Christopher Columbus was even born!
>
> Stealing other people's ideas and claiming them as their own, that must
> be the "American Dream"...
>
> and *DON'T* even start about Burgers (German) and "Fries" (Belgian)...

Forgot to mention 'Biscuits and Gravy (Grease)' are just Scones, another
Scotch invention...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scone

Ophelia

Jul 28, 2015, 4:09:03 AM7/28/15

"graham" <gst...@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> On 27/07/2015 1:07 PM, Saint George wrote:
>> On 27/07/2015 02:46 pm, William wrote:
>>> On CBS This Morning, there was a story about a Chef from the Southern
>>> part of the United States who is cooking in the UK and his Fried
>>> Chicken is a big hit with the British Royal Family. I thought Kentucky
>>> Fried Chicken invaded the British Isles years ago? I bet this Southern
>>> Chef has the Brits eating Grits!
>>>
>>> William
>>>

>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried_chicken#History
>>
>> Fritters have existed in Europe since the middle ages.[3] The Scots, and
>> later Scottish immigrants to the southern United States, had a tradition
>> of deep frying chicken in fat, unlike their English counterparts who
>> baked or boiled chicken
>>
>> Fried Chicken originated from Scotland...
>
> "All Scottish cooking is based on a dare"
> Mike Meyers

LOL Not at all!!!! The good stuff relies on very good and fresh
ingredients.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Ophelia

Jul 28, 2015, 4:09:04 AM7/28/15

"Bruce" <Br...@Bruce.invalid> wrote in message
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 13:54:32 -0700, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 21:29:38 +0100, "Ophelia" <OphEl...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>> "Saint George" <stge...@england.eng> wrote in message

>>> <g>
>>
>>We're a land of immigrants, so everything was invented elsewhere.
>>What else is new? Frikadellen is closer to meatloaf than it is to an
>>American style burger and Belgians fries are not served the American
>>way. Theirs are served with flavored mayonnaise. Oh, joy.
>
> Belgians are right. Fries with mayonnaise is
>

> THE WAY
>

> But flavored mayonnaise? Did you make that up yourself?

Not something I have ever experienced, not in Germany, Belgium nor in your
place.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Ophelia

Jul 28, 2015, 4:09:04 AM7/28/15

"dsi1" <ds...@eternal-september.invalid> wrote in message
I only tried it once but didn't like the chicken. Odd that. I only tried
Macdonalds once as well and I didn't like that either.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Ophelia

Jul 28, 2015, 4:09:05 AM7/28/15

> On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 16:40:46 -0600, Sal Paradise <es@le.n> wrote:
>
> Cossacks are Slavs. Belgians and Dutch are the authorities when it
> comes to French (quoi?) fries.

They are indeed!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Message has been deleted

Ophelia

Jul 28, 2015, 5:07:59 AM7/28/15

> I had never heard of it either :)

Well I have lived in Germany and in Belgium too (or right on the border) so
I wasn't just passing through. You are Dutch, so ...

-
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Cindy Hamilton

Jul 28, 2015, 6:44:47 AM7/28/15
On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 7:27:28 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:

> Amusing yes but not very accurate. For example: grits come from
> America type corn and that didnt exist outside this continent until
> exported from here.

True, but polenta was made from other grains (and probably still is).
Of course, boiling grain into mush is hardly cutting-edge
culinary innovation, so I don't think anybody can really claim its
invention. It probably was invented shortly before agriculture,
when people were still gathering grains in the wild.

Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton

Jul 28, 2015, 6:46:56 AM7/28/15
On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 3:20:53 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

> We weren't talking about burgers. Fries are eaten with mayo, except by
> culinary nouveau riches.

A little too much grease for this culinary nouveau riche. I'll stick
with just salt, or occasionally a sprinkling of malt vinegar.

Of course, if it's sweet potato fries, a dusting of powdered chipotle
pepper is more than welcome.

Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton

Jul 28, 2015, 6:51:25 AM7/28/15
On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 4:09:04 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:

> I only tried it once but didn't like the chicken. Odd that. I only tried
> Macdonalds once as well and I didn't like that either.

That shows you have a functional sense of taste.

There is much better fried chicken than KFC, and better burgers than
McDonald's goes without saying. I recently read some food writer
who said (I paraphrase) that when you want a burger, don't go to
McDonald's, but if you're craving McDonald's, only that will satisfy.

Cindy Hamilton

Ophelia

Jul 28, 2015, 7:28:36 AM7/28/15

"Cindy Hamilton" <angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Oh dear:) I suppose it is what people get used to. I enjoy cooking too
much to be going for ready made and it will never be that stuff. Once in a
blue moon if we are celebrating we will go out to a good restaurant, but if
I ask D if he would like to go out, he always says he prefers my cooking but
will take me if I want to go. Since I like to cook ... it is a very rare
event:)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Message has been deleted

Cindy Hamilton

Jul 28, 2015, 9:09:57 AM7/28/15
On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 8:53:10 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> When I have fries without mayo, I always wonder what the point is. Of
> eating fries, I mean.

Crispy-on-the-outside, fluffy-on-the-inside, salty potato. It's a thing
of beauty.

If I knew I was going to die tomorrow, I probably would eat potatoes
every way I can think of today. (Of course, doing that would probably
kill me anyway.)

Cindy Hamilton

Janet

Jul 28, 2015, 9:14:49 AM7/28/15
In article <d1ov39...@mid.individual.net>, OphEl...@gmail.com
says...
whoops, cat out of bag?

" Bruce" 's current incarnation claims to be in Australia

Janet UK

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ophelia

Jul 28, 2015, 9:18:42 AM7/28/15

"Cindy Hamilton" <angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Can't argue with that one. I love potatoes but since I am now low carbing

I have to say though I love my chips (French fries) with just salt and malt
vinegar.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Ophelia

Jul 28, 2015, 9:18:44 AM7/28/15

> On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 03:46:53 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> <angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> When I have fries without mayo, I always wonder what the point is. Of
> eating fries, I mean.

I never have mayo with fries;)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Message has been deleted

sf

Jul 28, 2015, 9:45:15 AM7/28/15
On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 09:04:54 +0100, "Ophelia" <OphEl...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Neither one is fine dining.

--

sf

sf

Jul 28, 2015, 9:45:59 AM7/28/15
On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 03:51:19 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
<angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> when you want a burger, don't go to
> McDonald's, but if you're craving McDonald's, only that will satisfy.

How true!

--

sf

sf

Jul 28, 2015, 9:47:17 AM7/28/15
On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 12:28:23 +0100, "Ophelia" <OphEl...@gmail.com>
wrote:
They aren't a place you'd give up a home cooked meal to eat at.
They're *fast* food, not fine dining.

--

sf

jmcquown

Jul 28, 2015, 9:56:25 AM7/28/15
On 7/28/2015 9:14 AM, Janet wrote:
> In article <d1ov39...@mid.individual.net>, OphEl...@gmail.com
> says...
>>
>> Well I have lived in Germany and in Belgium too (or right on the border) so
>> I wasn't just passing through. You are Dutch, so ...
>
> whoops, cat out of bag?
>
> " Bruce" 's current incarnation claims to be in Australia
>
> Janet UK

What, people aren't allowed to move? ;)

Jill

Nancy2

Jul 28, 2015, 9:56:50 AM7/28/15
Bruce, you left an attribute with my name, but nothing in your post is anything
I posted. Just FYI...be careful with your trimming.

N.

Sal Paradise

Jul 28, 2015, 10:10:49 AM7/28/15
On 7/28/2015 1:20 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 19:07:24 -0600, Sal Paradise <es@le.n> wrote:

>>> Oil and eggs are universal. Even the plebs love it.
>>>
>> Not on fries, and not on burgers, thank you very much!
>
> We weren't talking about burgers.

We are NOW.

> Fries are eaten with mayo, except by
> culinary nouveau riches.

Ah, the newly rich avoid being Cossacks?

Ok, whatever you choose to believe...

Sal Paradise

Jul 28, 2015, 10:11:31 AM7/28/15
On 7/28/2015 1:21 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 19:11:10 -0600, Directorate of Troll Removal and
> Disposal <fl...@group.killas> wrote:
>
>> On 7/27/2015 6:37 PM, Roy wrote:
>>> No more of this Bush shit...you hear me?
>>
>> Let me ditto that, in fact no more Bushes OR Clinton's period.
>
> Isn't she too old for that?

For what?

Being a pedophile, or being the liar in Chief?

Sal Paradise

Jul 28, 2015, 10:12:02 AM7/28/15
On 7/28/2015 1:29 AM, Saint George wrote:
> On 27/07/2015 08:41 pm, Saint George wrote:
>> On 27/07/2015 06:19 pm, Ophelia wrote:
>>>

>>> "Nancy2" <ellor...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> <lol> not something I have ever tasted:)))
>>>

>> Southern Fried Chicken ---> Scotch Fried Chicken
>>
>> Grits (Cornmeal) ---> Porridge (Oatmeal)
>>
>> Confederate Flag ---> Saint Andrews Saltire
>>

>> The Scotch were eating that shit before Christopher Columbus was even
>> born!
>>
>> Stealing other people's ideas and claiming them as their own, that must
>> be the "American Dream"...
>>
>> and *DON'T* even start about Burgers (German) and "Fries" (Belgian)...
>
> Forgot to mention 'Biscuits and Gravy (Grease)' are just Scones, another
> Scotch invention...
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scone

WTF, having a low national self-esteem run?

Sal Paradise

Jul 28, 2015, 10:14:41 AM7/28/15
Um well....

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/travel/in-brussels-frites-are-more-than-just-fries.html?_r=0

There are many ways to deep-fry a potato, but at the stands I visited,
the basics were universal: Long strips of Bintje potato, sliced on site
to maybe a third-of-an-inch thickness, prefried in beef tallow, then
fried again to order. Served in overflowing cardboard cones wrapped in
paper, eaten with tiny forks and topped with the customer’s choice of at
least a dozen sauces, most mayonnaise-based.

I chose the sauce Andalouse — mayonnaise, tomato paste, peppers — which,
also predictably added a flavor kick (and fat kick, as if that were
necessary).

Sal Paradise

Jul 28, 2015, 10:15:22 AM7/28/15
On 7/28/2015 2:12 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 09:03:04 +0100, "Ophelia" <OphEl...@gmail.com>
> I had never heard of it either :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/travel/in-brussels-frites-are-more-than-just-fries.html?_r=0

Sal Paradise

Jul 28, 2015, 10:16:18 AM7/28/15
+1!

Sal Paradise

Jul 28, 2015, 10:18:11 AM7/28/15
On 7/28/2015 6:53 AM, Bruce wrote:
> When I have fries without mayo, I always wonder what the point is. Of
> eating fries, I mean.

Cossack!

Sal Paradise

Jul 28, 2015, 10:19:08 AM7/28/15
+1

Ophelia

Jul 28, 2015, 11:33:57 AM7/28/15

"sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message
I never suggested they were. Please reread what I said.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Ophelia

Jul 28, 2015, 11:33:59 AM7/28/15

> Both are true.
>
> By the way: http://www.unnecessaryquotes.com/

?? You have always said that you are in Australia but came from Netherlands
or am I missing something?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

William

Jul 28, 2015, 2:17:25 PM7/28/15
<angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>There is much better fried chicken than KFC

Please tell us where we can get better fried chicken all over the
world? I want to taste it!

William

graham

Jul 28, 2015, 2:30:26 PM7/28/15
Really? I ate KFC on 2 occasions over 35 years ago and each time
I suffered the most godawful indigestion. I haven't bothered since.
Graham
--
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy wine,
which is kind of the same thing".

Sal Paradise

Jul 28, 2015, 2:48:51 PM7/28/15
Well duh....KFC!!!!

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/10/korean-fried-chicken-recipe.html

Ingredients

Kosher salt
3/4 cups corn starch
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 pounds chicken wings (about 12 whole wings)
2 quarts peanut oil or vegetable shortening
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup vodka

Sal Paradise

Jul 28, 2015, 2:50:00 PM7/28/15
On 7/28/2015 12:17 PM, William wrote:
Or...

http://www.campero.com/menu.aspx

dsi1

Jul 28, 2015, 3:13:18 PM7/28/15
On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 10:09:04 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" <ds...@eternal-september.invalid> wrote in message
> > On 7/27/2015 3:46 AM, William wrote:
> >> On CBS This Morning, there was a story about a Chef from the Southern
> >> part of the United States who is cooking in the UK and his Fried
> >> Chicken is a big hit with the British Royal Family. I thought Kentucky
> >> Fried Chicken invaded the British Isles years ago? I bet this Southern
> >> Chef has the Brits eating Grits!
> >>
> >> William
> >>

> > A Brit eating KFC would be pretty funny. There were a bunch of KFCs in the
> > areas of the UK that I passed through. A lot of them were not franchises
> > but they just used "KFC" anyway. The KFC branding is some powerful juju
> > over there. Sadly, I did not get to eat any KFC in London. That's the
> > breaks. :)
>
> I only tried it once but didn't like the chicken. Odd that. I only tried
> Macdonalds once as well and I didn't like that either.
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Somebody's eating that chicken on your island. Well, at least in the part I was in - I never got to go to Scotland. Shocking as it may seem, the KFC density was greater in London that in Honolulu. The times I spotted a KFC was incomprehensible. I thought you guys only ate fishes and mammals.

The thing about McDonald's is that one does not go there to savor the food. We go there because we're damn hungry, don't want to spend a lot of dough, and we need food fast. We lack the time and energy to seek out something even a little better. It fits our immediate requirements for someplace reliable and predictable.

Actually, I'm surprised you've never eaten at a McDonald's before - after all, you live in Scotland. Hee hee.

Ophelia

Jul 28, 2015, 3:29:34 PM7/28/15

"dsi1" <dsi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> I only tried it once but didn't like the chicken. Odd that. I only
>> tried
>> Macdonalds once as well and I didn't like that either.
>>

> Somebody's eating that chicken on your island. Well, at least in the part
> I was in - I never got to go to Scotland. Shocking as it may seem, the KFC
> density was greater in London that in Honolulu. The times I spotted a KFC
> was incomprehensible. I thought you guys only ate fishes and mammals.

They are popular everywhere here, but I can't believe I am the only one who
doesn't like it. If you come up to Scotland you will see just the same in
towns and cities.

> The thing about McDonald's is that one does not go there to savor the
> food. We go there because we're damn hungry, don't want to spend a lot of
> dough, and we need food fast. We lack the time and energy to seek out
> something even a little better. It fits our immediate requirements for
> someplace reliable and predictable.

Hey you don't need to give your excuses to me ... ;-)

> Actually, I'm surprised you've never eaten at a McDonald's before - after
> all, you live in Scotland. Hee hee.

I 'have' eaten at a McDonalds (once) and I said so! A friend was passing
through and I said I would make dinner, but he said he didn't have much time
so why didn't we go to McDonalds! We did and I have recounted in the past
what I found there:))

Once was enough!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

dsi1

Jul 28, 2015, 3:43:55 PM7/28/15
On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 9:29:34 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" <> wrote in message
What I meant was that I was surprised that you never went to McDonald's before that one time you did go. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Hee hee.

My guess is that McDonald's is favored by parents with young kids and teenagers. It's a restaurant they can go to and not get dirty looks from the other people eating there. Interestingly, elderly people consider it to be a place to meet their friends in the morning. It's how the old folks network.

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Ophelia

Jul 28, 2015, 3:54:25 PM7/28/15

"dsi1" <dsi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
So are you saying I am one of the old folks and ought to have been going to
meet my friends in the mornings? Hmmmm????

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Cindy Hamilton

Jul 28, 2015, 4:06:54 PM7/28/15
It certainly is easier to find good fried chicken in Korea.

Here's an overview of fried chicken around the world:

<http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/07/the-best-fried-chicken-on-the-planet-world-tour.html>

Cindy Hamilton

Sal Paradise

Jul 28, 2015, 4:07:39 PM7/28/15
Ya, great link!
Message has been deleted

Sal Paradise

Jul 28, 2015, 4:09:10 PM7/28/15
On 7/28/2015 2:08 PM, Bruce wrote:
> Are you reincarnation 375 of the Boner troll? I haven't been paying
> attention.

Is there some kind of numerical resurrection game being played here?
Message has been deleted

William

Jul 28, 2015, 4:12:32 PM7/28/15
On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 09:46:53 -0400, William <big...@att.net> wrote:

>On CBS This Morning, there was a story about a Chef from the Southern
>part of the United States who is cooking in the UK and his Fried
>Chicken is a big hit with the British Royal Family. I thought Kentucky
>Fried Chicken invaded the British Isles years ago? I bet this Southern
>Chef has the Brits eating Grits!
>
>William
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_KFC_franchises

It looks like the whole world eats Kentucky Fried Chicken!

William

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

dsi1

Jul 28, 2015, 4:19:05 PM7/28/15
What I'm saying is that you're simply not old enough to do this. When you do reach the proper age, it'll all start to make sense to you.

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :)
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Nancy2

Jul 28, 2015, 4:34:24 PM7/28/15
Here, it is teens and young adults who frequent McDonald's. The senior crowd hangs
out at our family restaurants (diners) or supermarket deli sit-down "restaurants."

N.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted