New (to me) use for a cast iron griddle

spamtr...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2015, 6:43:15 PM11/25/15
Crisping up soggy reheated leftovers.

We had some leftover pizza, which is not satisfying eaten cold,
yet is too soggy when microwaved.
So I was looking at our round cast iron griddle and decided to heat
it up. I nuked a slice for a minute, then put it on the heated
griddle. After a bit I covered the slice with a bowed saucepan
lid, and turned the heat off to avoid burning the crust.

A minute or so later, the crust was crisp, and the rest of the pizza
was hot.

dsi1

Nov 25, 2015, 7:03:01 PM11/25/15
To heat up pizza, I'll use my non-stick pan and fry both sides. Yes
Virginia, you can heat pizza cheese side down. In fact, grilled cheese
is most wonderful stuff and you get a crispy crust and soft, tender,
middle. It would work fine with a cast iron pan too.

Bruce

Nov 25, 2015, 7:46:08 PM11/25/15
I wouldn't complain about upside down heated up pizza. During a
famine.

--
Bruce

sf

Nov 25, 2015, 11:44:14 PM11/25/15
On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 15:43:11 -0800 (PST), spamtr...@gmail.com
wrote:
Works wonderfully, doesn't it! I learned about it here in rfc years
ago. Finally talked my husband into reheating his pizza that way and
he hasn't looked back.

--

sf

sf

Nov 26, 2015, 12:44:30 AM11/26/15
What on earth are you two nattering about now? This is the perfect
example of why groups should be moderated.

--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.

sf

Nov 26, 2015, 12:46:02 AM11/26/15

sf

Nov 26, 2015, 12:51:50 AM11/26/15
On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 15:43:11 -0800 (PST), spamtr...@gmail.com

sf

Nov 26, 2015, 12:57:35 AM11/26/15
On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 14:02:56 -1000, dsi1 <ds...@fishing.net> wrote:

>On 11/25/2015 1:43 PM, spamtr...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Crisping up soggy reheated leftovers.
>>
>> We had some leftover pizza, which is not satisfying eaten cold,
>> yet is too soggy when microwaved.
>> So I was looking at our round cast iron griddle and decided to heat
>> it up. I nuked a slice for a minute, then put it on the heated
>> griddle. After a bit I covered the slice with a bowed saucepan
>> lid, and turned the heat off to avoid burning the crust.
>>
>> A minute or so later, the crust was crisp, and the rest of the pizza
>> was hot.
>>

>To heat up pizza, I'll use my non-stick pan and fry both sides. Yes
>Vagina, you can heat pizza cheese side down. In fact, grilled cheese
>is most wonderful stuff and you get a crispy crust and soft, tender,
>middle. It would work fine with a cast iron pan too.

Groupkilla

Nov 26, 2015, 11:32:36 AM11/26/15
Sqwertz wrote:
> I've known about this method for a while b
swe...@cluemail.compost
<i6x4dy0h0232$.d...@sqwertz.com>
3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.