Grocery frustation!

Julie Bove

Nov 24, 2015, 12:38:30 AM11/24/15
I don't know what is going on at my grocery stores around here except that
QFC has been in an ongoing remodel since the summer and Central Market also
swapped some things around. Then there is the Albertsons/Safeway/Haggen
mess. So basically I am having problems with all of the stores.

I will buy something once, then have a heck of a time finding it again. For
instance, the bread that we eat used to be sold only at Central Market.
Then Safeway had it. Central Market has now been out of it the last 3 times
I went there. There was still a shelf edge label but mostly they were just
sold out of bread. Then one Albertsons had it. Now they all seem to. And
now today I found it at QFC. They never had it before. But it was on sale
today.

Sliced apples are another problem. QFC did have some but not in individual
packages which is what my husband wants for his lunch. Yes, I know I could
put these in a sandwich bag. Not what he wants. He won't eat them if I do
that. Or I find them but they are only in the little bags. Will he eat two
little bags instead of one big one? No. Costco does sell the big bags but
the last many times I have checked, they expire either that day or a day or
two later and we can't eat them up that fast.

And now today it was the lemon lime PowerAde zero. Has to be that flavor
and no other. I bought some at Winco for the person to try. Did not want
to buy too much in case it wasn't liked. And of course now we have none and
none of the stores around here seem to carry that flavor. It's not
available online at Walmart either. *sigh*

I also could not find any tarts. Did they quit making tarts? Used to be
able to get them frozen. Not any more. At least I did find a 2 serving
apple pie at QFC. I am not buying a big pie for Thanksgiving only to have
to throw most of it if not all of it away.

Roy

Nov 24, 2015, 1:04:34 AM11/24/15
Face it Julie...you just have strange tastes in food, or your husband does, or your daughter does.
Yours is not the average household from what you post and I see no solution to your predicament.
I would guess that you will have to make changes to your menu and let the chips fall where they may.
Its either that or have a nervous breakdown and we wouldn't want that would we.
When I managed grocery stores, I stocked a very good selection of goods but could not
satisfy everyone and found it impossible to even try. If someone wanted weird stuff, I would
special-order for them if they were regular customers and in most cases were able to buy the whole case lot.
In the meantime while you steam away perhaps a nice hot toddy would keep you from committing Harri-Kari.

MaryL

Nov 24, 2015, 2:04:09 AM11/24/15
Get an apple corer/slicer. They make nice slices in only seconds. Put
them in a sandwich bag for your husband. If he won't eat them, that's
his problem. Believe me, he won't starve.
http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Apple-Corer-Divider/dp/B00004OCKT

MaryL

sf

Nov 24, 2015, 2:07:17 AM11/24/15
On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 21:38:18 -0800, "Julie Bove"
<juli...@frontier.com> wrote:

> I don't know what is going on at my grocery stores around here except that
> QFC has been in an ongoing remodel since the summer and Central Market also
> swapped some things around. Then there is the Albertsons/Safeway/Haggen
> mess. So basically I am having problems with all of the stores.
>
> I will buy something once, then have a heck of a time finding it again.

I'm mad at Safeway because they stopped selling labneh recently. The
good news is it's easy to make if I begin with Greek yogurt, but it's
even easier to buy.

--

sf

Julie Bove

Nov 24, 2015, 4:29:43 AM11/24/15

"Roy" <wil...@outlook.com> wrote in message
None of these things are weird. They're rather typical. All stores sell
the PowerAde but few seem to sell this flavor. I won't be needing that for
long though. Just till the end of the month, I hope.

As for making changes to the menu, no dice on that. If I buy something that
they won't eat or drink I may as well just give it away or throw it out.
Aside from the bread, I am not the problem here. I can't have dairy and it
is in most bread. And there is no way I could use a case of apples or a
case of bread. Both are perishables.

I have no clue what a hot toddy is but the only hot drink I like is tea.
And I think those have alcohol which I don't take.

Julie Bove

Nov 24, 2015, 4:31:22 AM11/24/15

"MaryL" <stan...@invalid.yahoo.com> wrote in message
HOW MANY TIMES MUST I SAY THIS? And yes, I know I am shouting. I have
apple corers. If I were to do that to an apple, I would just wind up
throwing it out. Nobody will eat it. I do have corers. He wants a very
specific thing. And only that thing.

Julie Bove

Nov 24, 2015, 4:34:17 AM11/24/15

"sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message
Safeway and Albertsons are the most maddening here. They keep changing the
brands that they sell. I actually seem to do better selection-wise at
Walmart or Winco but the problem is, a trip to and back takes me at least
three hours so it is not worth going for just a few things unless I happen
to be in that area. And when it comes to perishables, I can only buy so
much.

Gary

Nov 24, 2015, 9:38:23 AM11/24/15
MaryL wrote:

> Get an apple corer/slicer. They make nice slices in only seconds.

I have one and used it just yesterday. I usually slice the slices a
bit thinner though afterwards. It's a good start though.

MaryL

Nov 24, 2015, 10:28:19 AM11/24/15
I don't read all of your messages, so I did not know if you have an
apple corer (although the one I showed really had the advantage of
slicing it). I do read enough of your messages to know that DH demands
an unreasonable number of things. My point was that it is unreasonable
for him to expect you to run all over the place to find apples (and
other items) bagged in a specific way. I knew from your message that he
would reject anything else, but my suggestion really was by way of
saying to give him his apples sliced in a way that would be convenient
for you (better yet, give him a whole apple) and tell him to eat it that
way or find his own. He's an adult; he does not need a servant.

MaryL

graham

Nov 24, 2015, 10:39:47 AM11/24/15
Strewth, you're pathetic!

Janet

Nov 24, 2015, 11:55:59 AM11/24/15
In article <dbje0g...@mid.individual.net>, stancole1
@invalid.yahoo.com says...

> I don't read all of your messages, so I did not know if you have an
> apple corer (although the one I showed really had the advantage of
> slicing it). I do read enough of your messages to know that DH demands
> an unreasonable number of things. My point was that it is unreasonable
> for him to expect you to run all over the place to find apples (and
> other items) bagged in a specific way. I knew from your message that he
> would reject anything else, but my suggestion really was by way of
> saying to give him his apples sliced in a way that would be convenient
> for you (better yet, give him a whole apple) and tell him to eat it that
> way or find his own. He's an adult; he does not need a servant.
>
> MaryL

You miss the point; it's all about Julie's needs.

Julie needs to be a longsuffering martyr and victim, to feel put upon,
belittled, disrespected. She purposely cultivates that role within her
family and replicates it here on group.

Janet UK

MaryL

Nov 24, 2015, 12:01:12 PM11/24/15
That's true. I don't miss the point...I keep making the mistake of
responding when I know there is really no purpose in doing so. I have
learned to usually ignore these threads.

MaryL

Hidalgo

Nov 24, 2015, 12:29:26 PM11/24/15
Janet wrote:
> In article <dbje0g...@mid.individual.net>, stancole1
> @invalid.yahoo.com says...
>
>> I don't read all of your messages, so I did not know if you have an
>> apple corer (although the one I showed really had the advantage of
>> slicing it). I do read enough of your messages to know that DH demands
>> an unreasonable number of things. My point was that it is unreasonable
>> for him to expect you to run all over the place to find apples (and
>> other items) bagged in a specific way. I knew from your message that he
>> would reject anything else, but my suggestion really was by way of
>> saying to give him his apples sliced in a way that would be convenient
>> for you (better yet, give him a whole apple) and tell him to eat it that
>> way or find his own. He's an adult; he does not need a servant.
>>
>> MaryL
>
> You miss the point; it's all about Julie's needs.

And the bullying is back - just like that!

> Julie needs to be a longsuffering martyr and victim, to feel put upon,
> belittled, disrespected. She purposely cultivates that role within her
> family and replicates it here on group.
>

> Janet UK

YOU are a rancid cunt and an evil human being.

DROP FUCKING DEAD!

Hidalgo

Nov 24, 2015, 12:30:30 PM11/24/15
MaryL wrote:
> On 11/24/2015 10:55 AM, Janet wrote:
>> In article <dbje0g...@mid.individual.net>, stancole1
>> @invalid.yahoo.com says...
>>
>>> I don't read all of your messages, so I did not know if you have an
>>> apple corer (although the one I showed really had the advantage of
>>> slicing it). I do read enough of your messages to know that DH demands
>>> an unreasonable number of things. My point was that it is unreasonable
>>> for him to expect you to run all over the place to find apples (and
>>> other items) bagged in a specific way. I knew from your message that he
>>> would reject anything else, but my suggestion really was by way of
>>> saying to give him his apples sliced in a way that would be convenient
>>> for you (better yet, give him a whole apple) and tell him to eat it that
>>> way or find his own. He's an adult; he does not need a servant.
>>>
>>> MaryL
>>
>> You miss the point; it's all about Julie's needs.
>>
>> Julie needs to be a longsuffering martyr and victim, to feel put upon,
>> belittled, disrespected. She purposely cultivates that role within her
>> family and replicates it here on group.
>>

>> Janet UK
>>

> That's true.

That's utter bully biotch BULLSHIT!~

> I don't miss the point...I keep making the mistake of
> responding when I know there is really no purpose in doing so. I have
> learned to usually ignore these threads.
>
> MaryL

While being an evil cunt who takes a side swipe at her.

FUCK YOU!

lucreti...@fl.it

Nov 24, 2015, 1:13:58 PM11/24/15
I love to rip on her too dear, can we run her through a wood chipper next?

sockmo...@comcast.net

Nov 24, 2015, 1:30:21 PM11/24/15
Reading Julie's posts makes me so appreciative of my husband. He has never once ever rejected something I've made for him in 45 years of marriage. He says thank you after every meal and never even leaves a bite left over on his plate. I love to cook and he reaps the benefit. He wouldn't give a flying leap if I slice something 1/2" wide or 2" wide, or served it in a baggie, or bought it pre-made, or bought it from a monkey with warts, just the fact that I went to the effort to get it for him is all he needs to show his appreciation! My mother-in-law raised a real man, not a whiny child. My daughter-in-law appreciates the man I raised also.

Denise in NH

MaryL

Nov 24, 2015, 1:44:53 PM11/24/15
On 11/24/2015 12:30 PM, sockmo...@comcast.net wrote:
> Reading Julie's posts makes me so appreciative of my husband. He has never once ever rejected something I've made for him in 45 years of marriage. He says thank you after every meal and never even leaves a bite left over on his plate. I love to cook and he reaps the benefit. He wouldn't give a flying leap if I slice something 1/2" wide or 2" wide, or served it in a baggie, or bought it pre-made, or bought it from a monkey with warts, just the fact that I went to the effort to get it for him is all he needs to show his appreciation! My mother-in-law raised a real man, not a whiny child. My daughter-in-law appreciates the man I raised also.
>
> Denise in NH

Indeed, you are very fortunate. Your husband reminds me of my father.
I grew up in a very happy household where my parents showed total love
and affection. My siblings and I always knew that my parents would
literally be willing to give their lives for us, and they made sure that
all three of us were educated and able to take care of ourselves.

MaryL

MaryL

Nov 24, 2015, 1:47:48 PM11/24/15
Well, I don't want to do something like that. I feel sorry for her in
some ways and do not want to be cruel, but I don't want to get caught up
in the extensive threads that revolve around her.

MaryL

Hidalgo

Nov 24, 2015, 2:10:35 PM11/24/15
Sound reasoning, you get a gold star for not being needlessly hurtful!

Hidalgo

Nov 24, 2015, 2:14:42 PM11/24/15
sockmo...@comcast.net wrote:
> Reading Julie's posts makes me so appreciative of my husband. He has never once ever rejected something I've made for him in 45 years of marriage. He says thank you after every meal and never even leaves a bite left over on his plate. I love to cook and he reaps the benefit. He wouldn't give a flying leap if I slice something 1/2" wide or 2" wide, or served it in a baggie, or bought it pre-made, or bought it from a monkey with warts, just the fact that I went to the effort to get it for him is all he needs to show his appreciation! My mother-in-law raised a real man, not a whiny child. My daughter-in-law appreciates the man I raised also.
>
> Denise in NH

Don't throw your arm out of joint patting yourself on the back!

Barbara J Llorente

Nov 24, 2015, 2:43:16 PM11/24/15
On 11/24/2015 12:07 AM, sf wrote:
>> She cheered Boner on until we arrived at this.

"And I still do"

Barbara J Llorente

Nov 24, 2015, 2:45:47 PM11/24/15
On 11/24/2015 11:30 AM, sockmo...@comcast.net wrote:
> Reading Julie's posts makes me so appreciative of my husband. He has never once ever rejected something I've made for him in 45 years of marriage. He says thank you after every meal and never even leaves a bite left over on his plate. I love to cook and he reaps the benefit. He wouldn't give a flying leap if I slice something 1/2" wide or 2" wide, or served it in a baggie, or bought it pre-made, or bought it from a monkey with warts, just the fact that I went to the effort to get it for him is all he needs to show his appreciation! My mother-in-law raised a real man, not a whiny child. My daughter-in-law appreciates the man I raised also.
>
> Denise in NH

Barbara J Llorente

Nov 24, 2015, 2:46:09 PM11/24/15

sf

Nov 24, 2015, 2:52:48 PM11/24/15
On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 21:38:18 -0800, "Julie Bove"
<juli...@frontier.com> wrote:

"> You are reaping what you sowed by feeding known trolls, dearie"

--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available.

ID: 47846596.

sf

Nov 24, 2015, 3:11:42 PM11/24/15

lucreti...@fl.it

Nov 24, 2015, 3:12:31 PM11/24/15
Mary, not me saying that, it's the busy bee friend of sf's.

Barbara J Llorente

Nov 24, 2015, 3:14:55 PM11/24/15

Groupkillas!

Nov 24, 2015, 3:23:41 PM11/24/15
The senile leading the senile, LOL!

MaryL

Nov 24, 2015, 3:32:45 PM11/24/15
On 11/24/2015 2:12 PM, lucreti...@fl.it wrote:

> Mary, not me saying that, it's the busy bee friend of sf's.

Thanks. I should have known it was not you.

MaryL

sf

Nov 24, 2015, 6:57:29 PM11/24/15
Steve Wertz has gone mental again.

--

sf

sf

Nov 24, 2015, 7:06:52 PM11/24/15
Open your eyes dummy. Your friends are busy too.

--

sf

Roy

Nov 24, 2015, 7:14:13 PM11/24/15
Run for the hills...squertzy is on the rampage.

But in reality he does well on FB...he is pleasant and has a goodly number
of fans.
He posts a lot of nice pictures and is almost like a movie star.
=====

cshenk

Nov 24, 2015, 7:47:53 PM11/24/15
Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "MaryL" <stan...@invalid.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > either. sigh
> > >
> > > I also could not find any tarts. Did they quit making tarts?
> > > Used to be able to get them frozen. Not any more. At least I
> > > did find a 2 serving apple pie at QFC. I am not buying a big pie
> > > for Thanksgiving only to have to throw most of it if not all of
> > > it away.
> >
> > Get an apple corer/slicer. They make nice slices in only seconds.
> > Put them in a sandwich bag for your husband. If he won't eat
> > them, that's his problem. Believe me, he won't starve.
> > http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Apple-Corer-Divider/dp/B00004OCKT
> >
> > MaryL
>
> HOW MANY TIMES MUST I SAY THIS? And yes, I know I am shouting. I
> have apple corers. If I were to do that to an apple, I would just
> wind up throwing it out. Nobody will eat it. I do have corers. He
> wants a very specific thing. And only that thing.

Then slap him upside the head and tell him where the grocery store is.
End of discussion if my huband played a brain dead action like that.

Hidalgo

Nov 24, 2015, 8:28:36 PM11/24/15
Heh, he's in a major meltdown for sure!

It didn't take all that much to set him over the edge either ;-)

Hidalgo

Nov 24, 2015, 8:31:53 PM11/24/15
Roy wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 4:57:29 PM UTC-7, sf wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 14:32:42 -0600, MaryL
>> <stan...@invalid.yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks. I should have known it was not you.
>>>

>> Steve Wertz has gone mental again.
>>

> Run for the hills...squertzy is on the rampage.

Just for women though, he's a gutless coward who fears all men.

> But in reality he does well on FB...he is pleasant and has a goodly number
> of fans.

Because he KNOWS he can be booted, at any time.

> He posts a lot of nice pictures and is almost like a movie star.
> =====

Are you for real???

Did you really say he's "almost like a movie star"??????

Wow.

I guess that makes him equivalent to the higher paid narcissists in our
society, minus of course the fame and payroll, LOL

I think YOU just generated yourself a new sig:

"He posts a lot of nice pictures and is almost like a movie star."

Oh that one's going to stick to you like hot taffy!

Hidalgo

Nov 24, 2015, 8:33:41 PM11/24/15
Yeah we know who wears the pants in your house!

Ed Pawlowski

Nov 24, 2015, 8:47:18 PM11/24/15
On 11/24/2015 1:44 PM, MaryL wrote:

> My siblings and I always knew that my parents would
> literally be willing to give their lives for us, and they made sure that
> all three of us were educated and able to take care of ourselves.
>
> MaryL

Yeah, but did they peel and slice your apples?

S Viemeister

Nov 24, 2015, 8:57:44 PM11/24/15
On 11/24/2015 8:47 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 11/24/2015 1:44 PM, MaryL wrote:
>> My siblings and I always knew that my parents would
>> literally be willing to give their lives for us, and they made sure that
>> all three of us were educated and able to take care of ourselves.
>
> Yeah, but did they peel and slice your apples?

And seal them in little foodsaver bags?

Xeno

Nov 24, 2015, 9:08:09 PM11/24/15
Again? I'd say still....

--

Xeno

Xeno

Nov 24, 2015, 9:08:50 PM11/24/15
No doubt that's because he can be booted and he knows it! ;-)

--

Xeno

Hidalgo

Nov 24, 2015, 9:12:37 PM11/24/15
LOL

Hidalgo

Nov 24, 2015, 9:13:57 PM11/24/15
Ayup.

Doris Night

Nov 24, 2015, 10:33:21 PM11/24/15
The only specific question Julie asked in her post was: "Did they quit
making tarts?"

I'll answer that: No.

Doris

sf

Nov 24, 2015, 11:34:13 PM11/24/15
On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 13:07:53 +1100, Xeno <xeno...@optusnet.com.au>
wrote:
You're probably correct. His brain is too fried from years of drugs
and alcohol for anything else.

--

sf

sf

Nov 24, 2015, 11:35:01 PM11/24/15
On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 13:08:35 +1100, Xeno <xeno...@optusnet.com.au>
wrote:
He's the ultimate brown noser.

--

sf

Hidalgo

Nov 25, 2015, 12:25:40 AM11/25/15
Is he rehab-fixable?

I hope so.

Hidalgo

Nov 25, 2015, 12:25:55 AM11/25/15
Mmm hmm...

sf

Nov 25, 2015, 1:49:58 AM11/25/15
I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

--

sf

Julie Bove

Nov 25, 2015, 2:22:49 AM11/25/15

"Hidalgo" <ig...@fast.horse> wrote in message
> sockmo...@comcast.net wrote:
>> Reading Julie's posts makes me so appreciative of my husband. He has
>> never once ever rejected something I've made for him in 45 years of
>> marriage. He says thank you after every meal and never even leaves a bite
>> left over on his plate. I love to cook and he reaps the benefit. He
>> wouldn't give a flying leap if I slice something 1/2" wide or 2" wide, or
>> served it in a baggie, or bought it pre-made, or bought it from a monkey
>> with warts, just the fact that I went to the effort to get it for him is
>> all he needs to show his appreciation! My mother-in-law raised a real
>> man, not a whiny child. My daughter-in-law appreciates the man I raised
>> also.
>>
>> Denise in NH
>>

> Don't throw your arm out of joint patting yourself on the back!

Yeah. Really.

Julie Bove

Nov 25, 2015, 2:32:18 AM11/25/15

"cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote in message
I find quite a lot of you people here to be unbelievable! Do you not have
specific things that you like? We all like those apples. I eat very little
fruit so it makes no never mind to me. But I prefer to buy what they'll eat
and I'm getting sick of the stores changing what they sell, seemingly every
single time that I go in.

Now that I think of it though... We have had bad weather here and a lot of
power outages. Did not affect us here in this house. Yes, it did go out
many times but never for more than a minute if that. That could explain the
lack of apples. Not the bread though. I am thinking this bread has just
gotten very popular and they can't keep it in stock.

All that being said. I grew up in a house of not just picky eaters but
picky people. Things had to be very specific or they would not be
acceptable. This is what I grew up with and this is what I am used to. If I
asked someone to buy me some Diet Coke with Lime and they brought me back
Diet Pepsi, I wouldn't drink it. I'm the same way. My dad used to say, "I
want what I want when I want it. And I get what I get when I get it."

Julie Bove

Nov 25, 2015, 2:33:10 AM11/25/15

"Hidalgo" <ig...@fast.horse> wrote in message
Apparently so. I fail to see how someone wanting a specific thing could be
brain dead.

Julie Bove

Nov 25, 2015, 2:33:54 AM11/25/15

"Doris Night" <goodnig...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
But you're in Canada. I have not seen any anywhere here. And I did look.

Bruce

Nov 25, 2015, 3:04:09 AM11/25/15
On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 10:30:03 -0800 (PST), sockmo...@comcast.net
wrote:

>Reading Julie's posts makes me so appreciative of my husband. He has never
>once ever rejected something I've made for him in 45 years of
> marriage. He says thank you after every meal and never even leaves a
>bite left over on his plate. I love to cook and he reaps the
>benefit. He wouldn't give a flying leap if I slice something 1/2"
>wide or 2" wide, or served it in a baggie, or bought it pre-made, or
>bought it from a monkey with warts, just the fact that I went to the
>effort to get it for him is all he needs to show his appreciation! >My mother-in-law raised a real man, not a whiny child. My
>daughter-in-law appreciates the man I raised also.

Did your mother-in-law house-train your husband or does he shit on the
couch?

--
Bruce

Julie Bove

Nov 25, 2015, 7:45:07 AM11/25/15

"Bruce" <Br...@Bruce.invalid> wrote in message
Yeah really. And what's with the bite leftover thing? That seems a bit
rude.

Brooklyn1

Nov 25, 2015, 10:17:30 AM11/25/15

Cheri

Nov 25, 2015, 10:18:35 AM11/25/15

"Julie Bove" <juli...@frontier.com> wrote in message
It means he cleans his plate and doesn't waste food by taking more than he
wants.

Cheri

Brooklyn1

Nov 25, 2015, 10:30:29 AM11/25/15
"Cheri" wrote:
>"Julie Bove" wrote:
>>sockmonkeyNH wrote:
>>
>>>Reading Julie's posts makes me so appreciative of my husband. He has
>>>never
>>>once ever rejected something I've made for him in 45 years of
>>> marriage. He says thank you after every meal and never even leaves a
>>>bite left over on his plate. I love to cook and he reaps the
>>>benefit. He wouldn't give a flying leap if I slice something 1/2"
>>>wide or 2" wide, or served it in a baggie, or bought it pre-made, or
>>>bought it from a monkey with warts, just the fact that I went to the
>>>effort to get it for him is all he needs to show his appreciation! >My
>>>mother-in-law raised a real man, not a whiny child. My
>>>daughter-in-law appreciates the man I raised also.
>>
>>And what's with the bite leftover thing? That seems a bit rude.
>
>It means he cleans his plate and doesn't waste food by taking more than he
>wants.

Exactly, it's rude to waste food... if the Bove doesn't clean his
plate he should be fed in a bowl on the floor with the dog... perhaps
the dog will teach him manners.

Hidalgo

Nov 25, 2015, 10:53:08 AM11/25/15
Roger that.

Hidalgo

Nov 25, 2015, 10:55:33 AM11/25/15
Puzzling for sure!

Hidalgo

Nov 25, 2015, 11:00:21 AM11/25/15
Well he ain't an Auz-tard, duh!

Hidalgo

Nov 25, 2015, 11:05:07 AM11/25/15
LOL!

Hidalgo

Nov 25, 2015, 11:05:48 AM11/25/15
Perhaps you need your ears ripped clean off your bully head.

Want some?

Ophelia

Nov 25, 2015, 12:07:18 PM11/25/15

"Cheri" <che...@newsguy.com> wrote in message
Yes. I know some are sneering about what she said, but I think it is very
nice!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Barbara J Llorente

Nov 25, 2015, 2:54:32 PM11/25/15
On 11/24/2015 1:23 PM, Groupkillas! wrote:
> lucreti...@fl.it wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 12:47:45 -0600, MaryL
>> <stan...@invalid.yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Well, I don't want to do something like that. I feel sorry for her in
>>> some ways and do not want to be cruel, but I don't want to get caught up
>>> in the extensive threads that revolve around her.
>>>
>>> MaryL
>>
>> Mary, not me saying that, it's the busy bee friend of sf's.

"My mental health professional has directed me to apologize to this
group at large and to Marty and Steven in specific for acting out
here. A change in my medications is being made to address a disorder I
have been experiencing this summer. I will be monitored, but I am no
longer allowed to engage in certain activities I previously have
enjoyed as they exacerbate my condition. I apologize for being
disruptive, in a better state of mind this was generally not an issue
for me."

Casa Boner, Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:37:53 -0600
--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available. Record

ID: 47846596.

Barbara J Llorente

Nov 25, 2015, 3:00:44 PM11/25/15

Barbara J Llorente

Nov 25, 2015, 3:01:34 PM11/25/15

Barbara J Llorente

Nov 25, 2015, 3:25:15 PM11/25/15

Barbara J Llorente

Nov 25, 2015, 3:25:39 PM11/25/15
On 11/24/2015 1:32 PM, MaryL wrote:
> On 11/24/2015 2:12 PM, lucreti...@fl.it wrote:
>

>> Mary, not me saying that, it's the busy bee friend of sf's.
>>

> Thanks. I should have known it was not you.
>
> MaryL

Barbara J Llorente

Nov 25, 2015, 3:30:00 PM11/25/15
On 11/24/2015 6:47 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 11/24/2015 1:44 PM, MaryL wrote:
>

>> My siblings and I always knew that my parents would
>> literally be willing to give their lives for us, and they made sure that
>> all three of us were educated and able to take care of ourselves.
>>
>> MaryL
>
> Yeah, but did they peel and slice your apples?

Cheri

Nov 25, 2015, 4:12:41 PM11/25/15

"Brooklyn1" <grave...@verizon.net> wrote in message
I do agree. We were raised to take as much as you want, but you need to eat
everything you take. I hate to see food wasters, but "there are people and
then there are people." Happy Thanksgiving Sheldon.

Cheri

Cheri

Nov 25, 2015, 4:14:42 PM11/25/15

"Ophelia" <OphEl...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Yes, I think we are blessed with really nice men in the husband department
which apparently some don't have.

Cheri

Ophelia

Nov 25, 2015, 4:54:04 PM11/25/15

"Cheri" <che...@newsguy.com> wrote in message
Indeed. I am blessed too, thank goodness!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Bruce

Nov 25, 2015, 5:10:29 PM11/25/15
On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 17:06:30 -0000, "Ophelia" <OphEl...@gmail.com>
wrote:
I always sneer when women talk about their husband as if he's a pet
that comes trained by his mother.

--
Bruce

Bruce

Nov 25, 2015, 5:12:13 PM11/25/15
On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 13:14:08 -0800, "Cheri" <che...@newsguy.com>
wrote:
Did you have him declawed or is that illegal in your state? Did you
get him a nice collar with "Hubby" on it?

--
Bruce

Groupkilla

Nov 25, 2015, 5:38:52 PM11/25/15
Were you paper-trained?

Julie Bove

Nov 25, 2015, 5:57:59 PM11/25/15

"Cheri" <che...@newsguy.com> wrote in message

If he is leaving a bite then he is wasting that bite. Cleaning the plate
means that the food is all gone.

Julie Bove

Nov 25, 2015, 5:59:17 PM11/25/15

"Hidalgo" <ig...@fast.horse> wrote in message
Who said that he didn't clean his plate? He is not eating the apples on a
plate. He is eating them on the go or at work.

Julie Bove

Nov 25, 2015, 6:01:11 PM11/25/15

"Ophelia" <OphEl...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I try to get what people like. I know why he wants this particular form of
apple. I shouldn't have to justify it again to people here. And obviously
I am not the only one who wants this product or the stores wouldn't be sold
out.

Julie Bove

Nov 25, 2015, 6:03:09 PM11/25/15

"Cheri" <che...@newsguy.com> wrote in message
Sheldon is making stuff up.

cshenk

Nov 25, 2015, 6:05:43 PM11/25/15
Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote in message
> > Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> > Then slap him upside the head and tell him where the grocery store
> > is. End of discussion if my huband played a brain dead action like
> > that.
>
> I find quite a lot of you people here to be unbelievable! Do you not
> have specific things that you like? We all like those apples. I eat
> very little fruit so it makes no never mind to me. But I prefer to
> buy what they'll eat and I'm getting sick of the stores changing what
> they sell, seemingly every single time that I go in.

Sure we have specifics. Just not rediculous level ones.

> All that being said. I grew up in a house of not just picky eaters
> but picky people. Things had to be very specific or they would not
> be acceptable. This is what I grew up with and this is what I am used
> to. If I asked someone to buy me some Diet Coke with Lime and they
> brought me back Diet Pepsi, I wouldn't drink it. I'm the same way.
> My dad used to say, "I want what I want when I want it. And I get
> what I get when I get it."

Um, yup. I like you but you are crazy. The LEVEL of catering is
abnormal.

Hate to tell you Julie but most women who go that far have severe self
self worth issues. In the Navy I saw a lot of women like that that the
guys enjoyed keeping that way, because it made them feel empowered
somehow. They also were not to subtle on ways too keep that wife from
working.

cshenk

Nov 25, 2015, 6:34:59 PM11/25/15
Cheri wrote in rec.food.cooking:
Same here Cheri, and we don't mind the little extras in a side bowl to
be reheated if your eyeballs get bigger than your tummy (grin).

There was a lot of talk at one time that a part of why American kids
are fat, is forcing them to clean their plate.

Don, Charlotte and I have a simple way. We snag a little on days like
Turkey-day then go back for as many seconds (warm on the stove) as we
want. I might go back 4 times myself but it's overall, not much more
than a normal person would eat for a meal.

Carol

cshenk

Nov 25, 2015, 6:38:50 PM11/25/15
Cheri wrote in rec.food.cooking:
Smile, I have one who is TAKEN and you can't have him! He's PERFECT
for me.

Carol

Cheryl

Nov 25, 2015, 10:27:08 PM11/25/15
"Julie Bove" <juli...@frontier.com> Wrote in message:

> "Bruce" <Br...@Bruce.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 10:30:03 -0800 (PST), sockmo...@comcast.net
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Reading Julie's posts makes me so appreciative of my husband. He has
>>>never
>>>once ever rejected something I've made for him in 45 years of
>>> marriage. He says thank you after every meal and never even leaves a
>>>bite left over on his plate. I love to cook and he reaps the
>>>benefit. He wouldn't give a flying leap if I slice something 1/2"
>>>wide or 2" wide, or served it in a baggie, or bought it pre-made, or
>>>bought it from a monkey with warts, just the fact that I went to the
>>>effort to get it for him is all he needs to show his appreciation! >My
>>>mother-in-law raised a real man, not a whiny child. My
>>>daughter-in-law appreciates the man I raised also.
>>
>> Did your mother-in-law house-train your husband or does he shit on the
>> couch?
>
> Yeah really. And what's with the bite leftover thing? That seems a bit
> rude.

She said he NEVER leaves a bite leftover.

Gosh I hate translating.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Cheryl

Nov 25, 2015, 10:30:41 PM11/25/15
"Cheri" <che...@newsguy.com> Wrote in message:
.

> I do agree. We were raised to take as much as you want, but you need to eat
> everything you take. I hate to see food wasters, but "there are people and
> then there are people." Happy Thanksgiving Sheldon.
>
> Cheri

My mom tries to instill that is our newest family generation
because she's seen the kids take too much and not finish it.

Every family meal she repeats it and I applaud her perseverance
time after time. God love her.

Cheryl

Nov 25, 2015, 10:37:34 PM11/25/15
Roy <wil...@outlook.com> Wrote in message:
> On Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 4:57:29 PM UTC-7, sf wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 14:32:42 -0600, MaryL
>> <stan...@invalid.yahoo.com> wrote:

>> > Thanks. I should have known it was not you.
>> >

>> Steve Wertz has gone mental again.
>>

> Run for the hills...squertzy is on the rampage.
>
> But in reality he does well on FB...he is pleasant and has a goodly number
> of fans.
> He posts a lot of nice pictures and is almost like a movie star.
> =====

It's not him posting that weird shit here. Seriously. I don't know
why so many believe it is. And I'm not saying this as a "fan" or
something. I just know how to read headers and regular poster's
styles. It's not hard to spot.

Julie Bove

Nov 25, 2015, 11:55:10 PM11/25/15

> Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

>> "cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote in message
>> > Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>> > Then slap him upside the head and tell him where the grocery store
>> > is. End of discussion if my huband played a brain dead action like
>> > that.
>>
>> I find quite a lot of you people here to be unbelievable! Do you not
>> have specific things that you like? We all like those apples. I eat
>> very little fruit so it makes no never mind to me. But I prefer to
>> buy what they'll eat and I'm getting sick of the stores changing what
>> they sell, seemingly every single time that I go in.
>
> Sure we have specifics. Just not rediculous level ones.

That's hardly ridiculous.

>> All that being said. I grew up in a house of not just picky eaters
>> but picky people. Things had to be very specific or they would not
>> be acceptable. This is what I grew up with and this is what I am used
>> to. If I asked someone to buy me some Diet Coke with Lime and they
>> brought me back Diet Pepsi, I wouldn't drink it. I'm the same way.
>> My dad used to say, "I want what I want when I want it. And I get
>> what I get when I get it."
>
> Um, yup. I like you but you are crazy. The LEVEL of catering is
> abnormal.

No. I am not crazy. And I don't like you. You're not nice.

> Hate to tell you Julie but most women who go that far have severe self
> self worth issues. In the Navy I saw a lot of women like that that the
> guys enjoyed keeping that way, because it made them feel empowered
> somehow. They also were not to subtle on ways too keep that wife from
> working.

OMFG! My mom was a counselor and I helped her teach self esteem classes.
There is nothing wrong with my self esteem. I could say things about those
who take cheap pot shots at others though. There's a reason why they do
that. And it's not because they have high self esteem.

I don't really care what you saw in the Navy. I was not in the military nor
would I have been. Just not my thing.

Julie Bove

Nov 25, 2015, 11:57:06 PM11/25/15

"Cheryl" <jlhs...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Ah, sorry. My eyes skimmed over the word "even". I thought she said he
left a bite on his plate. I just have too much on *my* plate right now and
my brain is on overdrive. Sorry.

Groupkilla

Nov 26, 2015, 12:07:17 AM11/26/15
So you maintain it's not Sqwerty outing sf?

Goon then, tell us who you think it is.

sf

Nov 26, 2015, 12:44:49 AM11/26/15
What on earth are you two nattering about now? This is the perfect
example of why groups should be moderated.

sf

Nov 26, 2015, 12:52:34 AM11/26/15

sf

Nov 26, 2015, 12:52:58 AM11/26/15

sf

Nov 26, 2015, 12:53:11 AM11/26/15

sf

Nov 26, 2015, 12:54:22 AM11/26/15

sf

Nov 26, 2015, 12:54:25 AM11/26/15

sf

Nov 26, 2015, 12:54:54 AM11/26/15

sf

Nov 26, 2015, 12:55:06 AM11/26/15

Cheri

Nov 26, 2015, 12:55:25 AM11/26/15

"cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote in message
I'm a lot like that. I've never been able to eat a lot at one sitting, but I
like to piece meal bits and pieces often. :-) Happy Thanksgiving.

Cheri

Cheri

Nov 26, 2015, 12:59:28 AM11/26/15

"Julie Bove" <juli...@frontier.com> wrote in message
She said he never leaves a bite on his plate, which is cleaning the plate.

Cheri

Cheri

Nov 26, 2015, 1:01:30 AM11/26/15

"Julie Bove" <juli...@frontier.com> wrote in message
Not a problem, Happy Thanksgiving Julie.

Cheri

sf

Nov 26, 2015, 1:01:54 AM11/26/15
It is loading more messages.