Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

Breakfast for Lunch

閲覧: 115 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Sqwertz

未読、
2023/09/22 15:08:202023/09/22
To:
Eveybody always has breakfast for breakfast, or breakfast for
dinner, but never breakfast for lunch. I'm here to change that!

https://i.postimg.cc/nzZn2pJ4/All-American-Breakfast.jpg

Yes that's ..... FRUIT! <gasp>

And just to be thorough, I had a ham sandwich for breakfast.

Dinner will be gat cheese, mushroom, and marinated red
peppper..... something. Pizza? Pasta? What else is there?...
(no quiches!).

-sw

Dave Smith

未読、
2023/09/22 15:14:042023/09/22
To:
I searched all over to make sure there wasn't some sort of hint about
that being some sort of joke we had to figure out. It's simply not true.
There are lots of diners that specialize in breakfast and lunch and
they sell breakfast foods right into and through the lunch hour. Check
out truck stops and see the number of drivers ordering breakfast in the
afternoon.

dsi1

未読、
2023/09/22 16:07:122023/09/22
To:
Any restaurant that serves breakfast at all times during the day is alright in my book. There are a few in our little town. Brillant!

Bruce

未読、
2023/09/22 16:12:222023/09/22
To:
Nice for graveyard shifters and substance abusers who get up in the
afternoon.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

dsi1

未読、
2023/09/22 16:17:212023/09/22
To:
Typical Bruce attitude.

bruce bowser

未読、
2023/09/22 16:41:242023/09/22
To:
Hey, all those cooks over on Maui working for those zillionaires over there run it 24 hours.

Bruce

未読、
2023/09/22 16:47:062023/09/22
To:
On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:17:17 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
<dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:

>On Friday, September 22, 2023 at 10:12:22 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:07:07 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:

>> >Any restaurant that serves breakfast at all times during the day is alright in my book. There are a few in our little town. Brillant!
>> Nice for graveyard shifters and substance abusers who get up in the
>> afternoon.
>>
>Typical Bruce attitude.

I just have this emphatic tendency to put myself in the position of
graveyard shifters and substance abusers.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Bruce

未読、
2023/09/22 17:30:482023/09/22
To:
That mess looks like something you fished out of the rubbish bin behind the local abortion clinic.

Bruce

未読、
2023/09/22 17:44:492023/09/22
To:
Thanks Greg, I wasn't going to comment. Anyway, it doesn't look too
bad apart from that artificially colored bacon. And I hope it's for 2
people, but it's probably just for Steve. He has to maintain that
figure.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

itsjoan...@webtv.net

未読、
2023/09/22 19:34:302023/09/22
To:
On Friday, September 22, 2023 at 4:44:49 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> > Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> >> Eveybody always has breakfast for breakfast, or breakfast for
> >> dinner, but never breakfast for lunch. I'm here to change that!
> >>
> >> https://i.postimg.cc/nzZn2pJ4/All-American-Breakfast.jpg
> >>
> I hope it's for 2
> people, but it's probably just for Steve. He has to maintain that
> figure.
>
> Bruce

Three eggs, 3 or 4 strips of bacon, and 2 biscuits not enough for two
people, but the fruit might stretch it far enough if those two people
are not ravenous.

Bruce

未読、
2023/09/22 19:38:132023/09/22
To:
Half of all that would be plenty for me. The cultural divide!

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Sqwertz

未読、
2023/09/22 21:31:082023/09/22
To:
I was thinking more hyper-locally, like here in RFC. When's the
last time somebody posted breakfast for lunch? Look that one up.

-sw

Sqwertz

未読、
2023/09/22 21:37:072023/09/22
To:
On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 16:34:25 -0700 (PDT),
<yawn>

It's 1 piece of fruit, 2 biscuits, 3 eggs, and 4 half-slices of
bacon. It was done that way on purpose. You gotta have a
pattern - you can't just eat random and/or arbitrary numbers. It's
unhealthy.

-sw

Dave Smith

未読、
2023/09/22 22:00:412023/09/22
To:
I almost always have cereal for breakfast. Bacon and eggs are for
Sunday lunch and a couple times a week I have eggs for lunch. I guess
you would say I have breakfast for lunch three times a week. Maybe I
should start posting about my breakfast for lunch. I just always thought
of it as a simple, boring lunch and not worth posting about.

Bruce

未読、
2023/09/22 22:15:122023/09/22
To:
On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 20:37:02 -0500, Sqwertz <sqwe...@gmail.compost>
wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 16:34:25 -0700 (PDT),
>itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:

>>> I hope it's for 2
>>> people, but it's probably just for Steve. He has to maintain that
>>> figure.
>>>
>>> Bruce
>>>
>> Three eggs, 3 or 4 strips of bacon, and 2 biscuits not enough for two
>> people, but the fruit might stretch it far enough if those two people
>> are not ravenous.
>
><yawn>
>
>It's 1 piece of fruit, 2 biscuits, 3 eggs, and 4 half-slices of
>bacon.

And 5 kilos.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Bruce

未読、
2023/09/22 22:17:302023/09/22
To:
"Boring" normally doesn't stop you.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Alex

未読、
2023/09/22 23:21:162023/09/22
To:
At 2:00, that would be brunch!

Bryan Simmons

未読、
2023/09/22 23:40:312023/09/22
To:
Joan and Jill frequently post about boring meals.

--Bryan

jmcquown

未読、
2023/09/23 9:43:132023/09/23
To:
On 9/22/2023 3:08 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Eveybody always has breakfast for breakfast, or breakfast for
> dinner, but never breakfast for lunch. I'm here to change that!
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/nzZn2pJ4/All-American-Breakfast.jpg
>
> Yes that's ..... FRUIT! <gasp>

(snippage)
> -sw

Looks good! Of course I could only eat two eggs and 1 biscuit, although
I'd probably manage to consume the 4 slices of bacon. :) You may keep
the slice of melon.

Jill

jmcquown

未読、
2023/09/23 11:26:462023/09/23
To:
I don't generally eat breakfast. I don't feel hungry until at least
10am. Four days out of the week I'm at the office with no way to cook
bacon & eggs & biscuits. I'm sure as heck not going to cook it before I
go to work and reheat it for lunch.

On weekends, I sometimes cook eggs & bacon or sausage and eat around
noon-ish (aka lunchtime). As you say, Dave, it's not really
post-worthy. I do think tomorrow (Sunday) I'm going to fry some
shredded hashbrowns and have them with a couple of eggs (fried or
scrambled, haven't decided yet) along with some bacon.

Jill

itsjoan...@webtv.net

未読、
2023/09/23 13:57:012023/09/23
To:
On Friday, September 22, 2023 at 10:40:31 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> Joan and Jill frequently post about boring meals.
>
> --Bryan

Yes, compared to all those gourmet and exotic meals you prepare and
consume we're certainly amateurs compared to you.

https://i.postimg.cc/tTm8ZNQb/Deja-Moo.jpg

itsjoan...@webtv.net

未読、
2023/09/23 13:57:512023/09/23
To:
(Sigh) I was being snarky to Bruce when he said he hopes that's for two people.
My smart aleck meter was in the shop being repaired.

Michael Trew

未読、
2023/09/23 14:02:342023/09/23
To:
On 9/22/2023 3:08 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Eveybody always has breakfast for breakfast, or breakfast for
> dinner, but never breakfast for lunch. I'm here to change that!

Umm... brunch?

> https://i.postimg.cc/nzZn2pJ4/All-American-Breakfast.jpg

Looks good, but that's a a lot of food.

Michael Trew

未読、
2023/09/23 14:05:332023/09/23
To:
On 9/22/2023 10:00 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
That's pretty normal here, also. I'm usually not hungry in the morning,
and just have coffee. Food after noon.

Michael Trew

未読、
2023/09/23 14:08:362023/09/23
To:
Not that I care what other people eat, but same here. Sophia and I
could easily split that plate. We usually split a meal at a restaurant
if eating out.

Bruce

未読、
2023/09/23 15:56:132023/09/23

Bruce

未読、
2023/09/23 15:58:222023/09/23
To:
On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 10:57:47 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
It's just funny to see Steve cook for a small family and then realize
he eats it all himself.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Bruce

未読、
2023/09/23 16:00:562023/09/23
To:
After he's eaten all that, he falls asleep. When he wakes up, he
starts cooking the next meal.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Bruce

未読、
2023/09/23 16:01:322023/09/23

Hank Rogers

未読、
2023/09/23 18:37:282023/09/23
To:
When will you realize that squirts seeks only attention,
similar to kuth? Just praise the shit he posts, or partake in
his frequent quiz shows, if you wish, and move on.

GM

未読、
2023/09/23 18:49:032023/09/23
To:
I think that Kuthe should emulate Steve, and start ingesting vast quantities of painkillers
and guzzling vats of homemade moonshine...

Then start posting nutty stuff like Steve does in the early AM, like chasing around fake hummingbirds in
his garage, etc...

OH, and obsessing about cooking and eating 50K calories worth of food per day...

Yup, Steve is a good role model for Kuthe to emulate...

--
GM

Michael Trew

未読、
2023/09/23 23:06:052023/09/23
To:
On 9/23/2023 6:37 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Michael Trew wrote:
>>
>> Not that I care what other people eat, but same here. Sophia and I
>> could easily split that plate. We usually split a meal at a
>> restaurant if eating out.
>
> When will you realize that squirts seeks only attention, similar to
> kuth? Just praise the shit he posts, or partake in his frequent quiz
> shows, if you wish, and move on.

Kuthe is just sad most of the time. SOS meals and posts. I'm well over
that. Steve is a new variety of crazy each time.

Bryan Simmons

未読、
2023/09/24 11:50:222023/09/24
To:
Kuthe can't afford drugs and/or alcohol.

> Then start posting nutty stuff like Steve does in the early AM, like chasing around fake hummingbirds in
> his garage, etc...

He could take major hallucinogens again, and wander
around Target's parking lot, obviously tripping, while
dressed in a ladies' blouse.

> OH, and obsessing about cooking and eating 50K calories worth of food per day...
>
> Yup, Steve is a good role model for Kuthe to emulate...

He *would* be more interesting, but unless another
relative dies and leaves him more cash, he's SOL.

> --
> GM

--Bryan

GM

未読、
2023/09/24 12:07:222023/09/24
To:
You mean he looked MORE of a FREAK than even on his Facebook page...!!!???

https://postimg.cc/bd24pkV7

Wasn't John also tripping around in cha - cha heels in that Target lot...???

> > OH, and obsessing about cooking and eating 50K calories worth of food per day...
> >
> > Yup, Steve is a good role model for Kuthe to emulate...
> >
> He *would* be more interesting, but unless another
> relative dies and leaves him more cash, he's SOL.

So John's retarded antics will just continue to be as boring as they are...

"Oh, well..."

8 - \

--
GM

Bryan Simmons

未読、
2023/09/24 12:18:392023/09/24
To:
All I remember was the top, which was kind of purple,
maybe paisley print.

> > > OH, and obsessing about cooking and eating 50K calories worth of food per day...
> > >
> > > Yup, Steve is a good role model for Kuthe to emulate...
> > >
> > He *would* be more interesting, but unless another
> > relative dies and leaves him more cash, he's SOL.
> So John's retarded antics will just continue to be as boring as they are...

Until he dies, becomes too mentally infirm to post here,
or just realizes that he was a fool to ever start posting
to Usenet in the first place.

> --
> GM

--Bryan

Michael Trew

未読、
2023/09/24 19:26:352023/09/24
To:
On 9/24/2023 12:18 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> All I remember was the top, which was kind of purple,
> maybe paisley print.

OB Food: Eat Your Paisley ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J92l1YwQxVc&list=PLcN_ivZdpJQGQ_rGr6zKHmvDovjXQmPqS

"It's a beach party, Vietnam"...

Leonard Blaisdell

未読、
2023/09/24 20:42:352023/09/24
To:
On 2023-09-22, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> I just have this emphatic tendency to put myself in the position of
> graveyard shifters and substance abusers.

s/emphatic/empathetic/. Just trying to help out my foreign friend.

Bruce

未読、
2023/09/25 1:48:112023/09/25
To:
On 25 Sep 2023 00:42:27 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
Thanks. Emphatic means something else.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>