Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
22.04.2020, 07:21:4322.04.20
an
Micheleia's Hamburger Mac and Cheese. It was a snack sized portion. That
part was good as I was only eating a snack. But whoever does the online
reviews should lose their job! 5 stars my eye! *Shudder* Had a slightly
weird flavor and the pasta was soft.

My trip to Walmart tomorrow does not look promising. They are out of stock
on most everything I would normally buy. We've been eating cereal or
crackers for a meal almost daily. We also have cheese and canned goods.
That's about it.

I need REAL food! And paper towels. Stores seem to have TP now but no paper
towels.

Terry Coombs

ungelesen,
22.04.2020, 08:27:0922.04.20
an
    I almost feel sorry for you , sitting here with a freezer full of
various meats and a pantry well stocked with all the things we like .
We've even got fresh lettuce in the fridge and green onions growing both
out in the garden and in a big plastic pot out on the deck . Fresh
tomatoes would be nice , but all that's available here are commercially
grown tomato-shaped objects that have no flavor . I can wait for our
home grown .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Ophelia

ungelesen,
22.04.2020, 09:22:2622.04.20
an
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message news:r7pd6p$ppq$1...@dont-email.me...
Snag

====

I do feel sorry for her. Like you, we keep a good store and freezers
full always. We are fairly remote, with no shops nearby so I don't like to
take chances. I suppose anyone living near shops who can normally get out
easily don't need to worry so much. Times like these are not really
expected I suppose.

https://www.avg.com

Ophelia

ungelesen,
22.04.2020, 09:24:0722.04.20
an
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message news:r7pd6p$ppq$1...@dont-email.me...

Snag

====

I do feel sorry for her. Like you, we keep a good store and freezers
full always. We are fairly remote, with no shops nearby so I don't like to
take chances. I suppose anyone living near shops who can normally get out
easily don't need to worry so much. Times like these are not really
expected.

I can see that in the future, more people will keep stocks the way we
do.

This pandemic could change views on many things.

graham

ungelesen,
22.04.2020, 11:46:0622.04.20
an
On 2020-04-22 5:21 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:
> Micheleia's Hamburger Mac and Cheese. It was a snack sized portion. That
> part was good as I was only eating a snack. But whoever does the online
> reviews should lose their job! 5 stars my eye! *Shudder* Had a slightly
> weird flavor and the pasta was soft.
>
> My trip to Walmart tomorrow does not look promising. They are out of
> stock on most everything I would normally buy. We've been eating cereal
> or crackers for a meal almost daily. We also have cheese and canned
> goods. That's about it.
>
> I need REAL food!

You mean food on special that you can buy in bulk and then bin it
because no-one likes it?

Sheldon Martin

ungelesen,
22.04.2020, 13:04:4622.04.20
an
On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 graham wrote:
I say Julie is exagerating, ie. BSing, fishing for pity. The foods
she claims to eat, mainly rice and beans, are non-perishables and cost
little. We rarely eat rice and beans yet still have more than a years
supply for Julie in our pantry, we buy Cannila rice is 20 lb bags only
because the price is better in the larger bags, however 20 lbs lasts
us more than five years. We prefer using canned beans as they are
always ready to eat and in the larger cans cost less than dried. but
we keep a good sized stash of dried beans too. Most of the canned
beans go into tossed garden salads and into marinated multi-bean
salads. We eat a lot of canned baby limas, regular size limas are
usually cooked from dried and become soups, good simmered with collard
greens and ham hocks.
I really don't believe that Julie can't buy food, very few food items
are in short supply. Most of the lower cost meats are plentiful,
yesterday I bought a 7 lb bone in ctr cut pork loin, $1.69/lb... my
favorite bleached blonde shapely meat lady was putting them out and
told me they were just cut and wrapped so I bought one, how could I
resist... from how she twists and turns she doesn't seem to mind that
I ogle her ample chest.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ungelesen,
22.04.2020, 13:18:2822.04.20
an
Ju-ju is too stupid to get to Walmart e.a.r.l.y. By early, I don't mean
11:00 in the morning. If Jughead truly wants to fresh vegetables and a
variety of other items she's going to have to get her lazy ass out of bed
and be at the store no later than 7:00 a.m. By reading her previous
whiny posts we all know she is not a wise shopper.

jmcquown

ungelesen,
22.04.2020, 16:06:3822.04.20
an
She takes "use-by" dates quite literally, too, and we know what happens
when food items hit that magic date in her house.

Jill

jmcquown

ungelesen,
22.04.2020, 16:21:2622.04.20
an
On 4/22/2020 1:04 PM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 graham wrote:
>> On 2020-04-22 Julie Bove wrote:
>>> Micheleia's Hamburger Mac and Cheese. It was a snack sized portion. That
>>> part was good as I was only eating a snack. But whoever does the online
>>> reviews should lose their job! 5 stars my eye! *Shudder* Had a slightly
>>> weird flavor and the pasta was soft.
>>>
>>> My trip to Walmart tomorrow does not look promising. They are out of
>>> stock on most everything I would normally buy. We've been eating cereal
>>> or crackers for a meal almost daily. We also have cheese and canned
>>> goods. That's about it.
>>>
>>> I need REAL food!
>>
>> You mean food on special that you can buy in bulk and then bin it
>> because no-one likes it?
>
> I say Julie is exagerating, ie. BSing, fishing for pity. The foods
> she claims to eat, mainly rice and beans, are non-perishables and cost
> little. We rarely eat rice and beans yet still have more than a years
> supply for Julie in our pantry, we buy Cannila rice is 20 lb bags only
> because the price is better in the larger bags, however 20 lbs lasts
> us more than five years.
(snippage)

She's claimed in the past she doesn't have room to store anything.
Price aside, she doesn't have to buy 20 lb. bags of rice. Smaller bags
of rice (and dried beans) still don't cost that much and can easily be
stacked on top of each other on a cabinet shelf.

Jill

Bruce

ungelesen,
22.04.2020, 16:24:3422.04.20
an
On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 16:21:20 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
Tell her. She's here.

Hank Rogers

ungelesen,
22.04.2020, 16:43:4522.04.20
an
Feeling left out Pruce?

Dave Smith

ungelesen,
22.04.2020, 17:30:3322.04.20
an
I have a couple cans of sweetened condensed milk that are years past
their expiry date and the tops of the cans have a film of rust. I could
have thrown them out, but I have every intention of using them. I am
sure they will be fine.

dsi1

ungelesen,
22.04.2020, 20:45:4422.04.20
an
My guess is that you might be alarmed by the color of the milk changing to a caramel color. Don't be.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 04:32:1123.04.20
an

"Terry Coombs" <snag...@msn.com> wrote in message
> [...]
I was able to get a little fresh meat today, but mostly more frozen/prepared
food.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 04:43:4223.04.20
an

"Ophelia" <oph...@elsinore.me.uk> wrote in message
I normally keep a good stock but we've been on lockdown longer than most.
We're only allowed one trip to the store every two weeks and things are
being rationed. I did get paper towels today but there was a limit of one
package. So 6 rolls as that was the only kind they had.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 05:16:3823.04.20
an

"Sheldon Martin" <penm...@aol.com> wrote in message
Right! And people were hoarding them which is why they are sold out. I did
get black eyed peas, lima beans and two bags of brown rice. Not much else
available along those lines.

Cindy Hamilton

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 05:58:3223.04.20
an
How do they know? Are they issuing "grocery store trip" rationing cards?

Cindy Hamilton

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 07:16:5923.04.20
an

"jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
The problem is, at the start of the virus, everyone hoarded the beans and
rice! My friend works for the business Costco in Lynnwood and she said
they've been out for some time. She made navy bean soup yesterday. She
realized that she had no navy beans. So she went to the store (not sure
which one) and got lucky. They had one package of navy beans and nothing
else.

I bought two small bags of brown rice yesterday, three small bags of Vigo
yellow rice, a bag of dried lima beans, two cans of store brand baked beans
and two cans of black eyed peas. They did have some larger cans of baked
beans but not much else in the way of beans. The only white rice they had
was Jasmine or other Asian rices. My favorite rice is Texmati. That's hard
to find here the way it is.

Normally I would buy my beans and rice in the bulk section of Winco. I
haven't been to Winco for some time because you have to wait too long in
line these days. Angela went there yesterday and is brining me some cottage
cheese later. She could only get two as they were close to expiring. I would
be leery to bulk foods right now but the last time I looked there, they had
no beans, rice or lentils.

I do have some dried beans. I have canned beans. I have Dollar Tree rice to
use once I finish the bulk stuff from Winco.The problem is, the hoarders
bought so much at the beginning of this. A reprehensive from Fred Meyer said
it would be a long time before they would have fully stocked shelves and it
would be in short supply due to the hoarding.

Beans and rice are not my real problem though. For instance, I wanted bacon.
They had some expensive chicken bacon and some very large packs of bacon but
the few small packs they had were dated 4/16.

I wanted sharp cheddar. They had one bag of shredded. No sliced or block. No
medium either. I have tons of mild at home. I wound up buying some cheddar
mix that I would not normally buy. But we are only allowed to shop every two
weeks. We are being tracked by our cell phones and can be fined if they find
out we drove too far or too often.

They did not have the pizza sauce, pasta sauce, cereal or tortillas I
wanted. Had to make do with some other brand. No white/wheat flour of any
kind. They did have almond and coconut flour.

It's just frustrating because my taste buds are set on a certain thing, and
it's not there. I have to either do without or try to make do with something
else.

I need to eat meat because I'm anemic. My oncologist said I might need iron
shots. But... My labs got cancelled and now she quit. So I have to find a
new Dr. after we are able to see Drs. again. Right now all we can do is
telephone or Skype. No labs. So I'm flying blind here, but I know I'm not as
tired if I eat a little meat once a day. This is why I've been buying the
frozen meals. They do have meat in them

I just ordered three packs of canned chicken, the kind that Sam's Club
sells. It's just chicken and water. No fillers to make it pasty. I thought I
had more but I'm out. It's good for chicken salad or a quick soup.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 07:19:3623.04.20
an

<itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote in message
Mornings are reserved for the elderly and that's not me. I don't think
they're even open that early now. All stores have had to cut back on their
hours. Opening later, closing earlier. I believe Walmart closes at 7 now but
the hours seem to change quite frequently.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 07:21:4223.04.20
an

"jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
Not many do though! I did toss some cookies dated 4/16. Butter cookies with
jam. They didn't look so great. Will toss the bagged salad if J hasn't eaten
it. It's dated 4/22.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 07:22:3823.04.20
an

"dsi1" <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote in message
Probably a lot thicker too!

Gary

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 08:05:2823.04.20
an
Julie Bove wrote:

> Micheleia's Hamburger Mac and Cheese. It was a snack sized portion. That
> part was good as I was only eating a snack. But whoever does the online
> reviews should lose their job! 5 stars my eye! *Shudder* Had a slightly
> weird flavor and the pasta was soft.

How dare you! Other than my Mom's original homemade mac&cheese,
those things are the very best I've ever tasted. Actually, they
might even be better that what mom did.

That "slightly weird flavor" is what nails the dish. It's
the little chunks of beef (pencil eraser size) that contains
that flavor. I would love to be able to recreate it.
It's nice and cheesy too.

Anytime I go to Food Lion here I try to remember to buy a
couple for the freezer. My regular store doesn't carry them.

Anyway that gets a 5 star rating from me too.
As far your "the pasta was soft" comment, it's
elbow macaroni and I wouldn't want that al dente in
a mac&cheese dish. I've always had it soft.

We really are complete opposites in this group though.
You like almost nothing while I like almost everything.
The clash of the weirdos.

Bruce along with his sarcastic comments.
This will probable scare the boy into losing sleep tonight.

:-D

Cindy Hamilton

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 08:48:2323.04.20
an
On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 7:16:59 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:

> Beans and rice are not my real problem though. For instance, I wanted bacon.
> They had some expensive chicken bacon and some very large packs of bacon but
> the few small packs they had were dated 4/16.

The purpose of bacon is to preserve meat. If it can't last past the artificial
"sell by" date, it's not bacon.

Cindy Hamilton

Terry Coombs

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 09:07:2123.04.20
an
  Y'all got it bad there , around here it's pretty much business as
usual - with masks on a lot of folks . We haven't had shortages for a
while now , last week there was quite a bit of TP on the WM shelves -
even the cheap stuff . My wife grew up dirt poor in a single parent
(mostly , except for the perv stepdad) and they often wondered where the
next meal was coming from . She refuses to live like that , and that's
fine with me . And so we keep a pretty good supply of basic ingredients
on hand . Not much in the way of prepared stuff , we prefer to build
from scratch .

col...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 09:29:1423.04.20
an
I usually put sharp cheddar on pizza,

Dave Smith

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 09:32:1623.04.20
an
I checked online. There is nothing about that.

https://www.bothellwa.gov/1648/COVID-19-Coronavirus

Ophelia

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 09:45:2723.04.20
an
"Julie Bove" wrote in message news:r7rkfq$a6j$1...@dont-email.me...
=====

Good luck with your next shopping trip!

Cindy Hamilton

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 09:53:3623.04.20
an
The county she's in doesn't say anything about limits on grocery store trips:

<https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/communicable-diseases/disease-control/novel-coronavirus/protection.aspx>

Cindy Hamilton

Ed Pawlowski

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 10:23:4123.04.20
an
On 4/23/2020 9:29 AM, col...@gmail.com wrote:
> I usually put sharp cheddar on pizza,

I usually use a couple but sharp cheddar is a good portion of it.
Mozzarella has good texture but the subtle flavor is lost in the sauce.

GM

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 10:26:2723.04.20
an
Yup, she is lying (AS PER HER USUAL), never heard of "rationing" grocery trips...or food rationing - although stores may limit quantities...

WWJD during a real crisis that required real rationing, say World War II...the mind boogles, lol...bet she'd be out there hamstering on the black market...

--
Best
Greg

jmcquown

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 10:44:1823.04.20
an
She fixates on those dates. "Sell by" and "use by" dates are mere
guesses. Food does not magically go bad on the date stamped on the package.

Jill

graham

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 10:47:3323.04.20
an
But you wrote last week that don't like brown rice so why did you buy more?

GM

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 10:57:1923.04.20
an
Next she will be telling us that she is hoarding tins of snoek, graham...!!!

--
Best
Greg

U.S. Janet B.

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 12:18:3323.04.20
an
On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 04:19:24 -0700, "Julie Bove"
<juli...@frontier.com> wrote:

>Mornings are reserved for the elderly and that's not me. I don't think
>they're even open that early now. All stores have had to cut back on their
>hours. Opening later, closing earlier. I believe Walmart closes at 7 now but
>the hours seem to change quite frequently.

the early hours are for those over 60, those who are handicapped, and
those with any underlying medical issues that would make them more
vulnerable to Covid-19. You qualify on several points. Many stores
have a spend $35 and a drive up and pick up your groceries (you
choose the time for pick up) or a free delivery if you spend a certain
amount. The items you indicated don't require any special handling or
choosing (cans, bags, packages etc.)

Walmart tends to be a big use of time to online shop. You make out
your list and then they tell you it is out of stock. Albertsons has
drive up and your groceries are delivered to your car and they tell
you as you shop if something is out of stock. Costco has $35 for free
delivery. You will know as you shop if something is in stock. It
used to be one-day delivery but so many are using the system now it is
5-day delivery (that doesn't mean they shop your goods and they sit
around for 5 days) I've been very pleased with Costco and Albertsons.
I won't shop Winco during this time because they (at least here) seem
to think it is a personal insult to have to make any adjustments. As
of yesterday I have filled my grocery requirements. As you say, it is
difficult to get beans, canned or dry. I was able to get limas,
lentils, kidney, pinto and yellow beans at Albertsons (dry, canned and
frozen) I even got a head of iceberg lettuce. Everything in the cart
delivered to me was in absolutely perfect shape.

Learning the various online shopping systems takes a little bit of
head scratching but then it is a breeze.

Janet US

jmcquown

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 12:23:5023.04.20
an
>> Right! And people were hoarding them which is why they are sold out. I
>> did get black eyed peas, lima beans and two bags of brown rice. Not
>> much else available along those lines.
>
> But you wrote last week that don't like brown rice so why did you buy more?

IIRC her gardener thought brown rice was more healthful. She always
caters to the gardener. Brown rice is fine, it just takes longer to
cook and has a different texture since it hasn't been hulled. I like
the taste of it but since I don't eat a lot of rice, no, I haven't gone
out looking for it.

I've got plenty of dried beans in the pantry. Lentils, too. Thing is, I
don't worry about running out of food. I grew up with parents who were
children during the Depression in the 1930's. They learned to stock up
and taught me to do the same. I've got a well stocked pantry and
freezer. Hey, I even have toilet paper!

She'll always find something to complain about. She's been doing it for
years. Nothing ever goes right in the crooked little house in Bothell.

Jill

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 12:29:5923.04.20
an
On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 6:19:36 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Ju-ju is too stupid to get to Walmart e.a.r.l.y. By early, I don't mean
> > 11:00 in the morning. If Jughead truly wants to fresh vegetables and a
> > variety of other items she's going to have to get her lazy ass out of bed
> > and be at the store no later than 7:00 a.m. By reading her previous
> > whiny posts we all know she is not a wise shopper.
>
> Mornings are reserved for the elderly and that's not me. I don't think
> they're even open that early now. All stores have had to cut back on their
> hours. Opening later, closing earlier. I believe Walmart closes at 7 now but
> the hours seem to change quite frequently.

Of course you don't have the brains to either call the store you want to shop
at or even check online their hours of operations. That's par for you.

Even if you don't 'qualify' to be considered senior you could still be at
the stores early when the selections are better. Honestly, I don't believe
that stores are opening later but closing earlier. But keep on whining, that's what we expect from you.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 12:33:2623.04.20
an
On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 8:07:21 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

> On 4/23/2020 3:31 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > I was able to get a little fresh meat today, but mostly more
> > frozen/prepared food.
>
>   Y'all got it bad there , around here it's pretty much business as
> usual - with masks on a lot of folks . We haven't had shortages for a
> while now , last week there was quite a bit of TP on the WM shelves -
> even the cheap stuff .

You do know Ju-Ju lies like a rug, right?

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 12:42:4023.04.20
an
On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 11:18:33 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> Walmart tends to be a big use of time to online shop. You make out
> your list and then they tell you it is out of stock. Albertsons has
> drive up and your groceries are delivered to your car and they tell
> you as you shop if something is out of stock. Costco has $35 for free
> delivery. You will know as you shop if something is in stock.
>
> Learning the various online shopping systems takes a little bit of
> head scratching but then it is a breeze.
>
> Janet US

Janet, I'm surprised at you!! You know Walmart, Albertson's, Costco,
or any of the other stores in Bothell don't do online shopping! Nor
do they deliver much less bring groceries to your car. That's simply
not done there. She stated they don't open early so you know they
aren't going to offer any of those conveniences.

;o)

U.S. Janet B.

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 12:57:4623.04.20
an
smacking head. . .but did anyone else here gain any benefit from that
missive I wrote?
Janet US

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 13:51:2623.04.20
an
Only us normal brain folks. Hahahahahaaaaa

Sheldon Martin

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 14:07:5723.04.20
an
On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 04:22:25 -0700, "Julie Bove"
<juli...@frontier.com> wrote:

>"dsi1" <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote in message

>>> I have a couple cans of sweetened condensed milk that are years past
>>> their expiry date and the tops of the cans have a film of rust. I could

I've never seen any food item marked with an Expiration date... foods
could be marked with a Best used by. Medications are marked with an
Expiration date. Evap and condensed are probably still perfect after
10 years, probably 20 years and longer. I use a magic marker to put
my purchase date on all foods but only so I will know which to use
first. I've never yet tossed a food past it's best used by date, nor
have I ever found any sealed can/package that had spoiled. The other
day I noticed a can of tomato herring in the back of a cupboard, one
of those flat oval cans, Del Monte. It was dated 1951, when I bought
it. I opened it, smelled fine and tasted very good, ate the entire
contents and wished I had more. They stopped making canned tomato
herring years ago, there's a shortage of herring, now those cans are
labeled Sardines in Tomato Sauce. Sardines are not a kind of fish,
sardines can be any small fish... there's no such species of fish as a
sardine.

I actually place my purchase date on everything I buy, not just foods.
I also place my military ID number on all clothing and many other
items, especially tools.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 18:01:3123.04.20
an

"Terry Coombs" <snag...@msn.com> wrote in message
I think the problem is that we can only shop every two weeks. We are not
allowed to go just for eggs or milk. So we try to think of everything we
might need until we get to the store again.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 18:02:1023.04.20
an

<itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote in message
I know you-you like like a rug!

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 18:06:3023.04.20
an

"Dave Smith" <adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
This is not a Bothell thing. It's Washington state.

And once again, I don't *live* inn the city of Bothell. I'm in
unincorporated Snohomish county. I do have a Bothell address. The city of
Bothell is in King county.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 18:15:0823.04.20
an

"GM" <gregorymorr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Yup, she is lying (AS PER HER USUAL), never heard of "rationing" grocery
> trips...or food rationing - although stores may limit quantities...

Of course I've heard of food and other rationing. I used to have somew old
ration tokens. Not sure where they came from. My dad gave them to me.

> WWJD during a real crisis that required real rationing, say World War
> II...the mind boogles, lol...bet she'd be out there hamstering on the
> black market...

What we have here is not government rationing but stores limiting what we
can buy. Not all of the stores are doing it but the ones around here are. We
are supposed to stay within a mile of our house. There are no grocery stores
that close to me. I did go about 6-7 miles away to shop. The prices are much
cheaper there.

|But I feel safe to do so, because...

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/35532-washington-sheriff-refuses-to-enforce-lockdown-orders-cites-constitution-and-gov-inslee-s-leadership

Doris Night

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 18:19:2923.04.20
an
On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 01:31:56 -0700, "Julie Bove"
<juli...@frontier.com> wrote:

>"Terry Coombs" <snag...@msn.com> wrote in message
>> On 4/22/2020 6:21 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> Micheleia's Hamburger Mac and Cheese. It was a snack sized portion. That
>>> part was good as I was only eating a snack. But whoever does the online
>>> reviews should lose their job! 5 stars my eye! *Shudder* Had a slightly
>>> weird flavor and the pasta was soft.
>>>
>>> My trip to Walmart tomorrow does not look promising. They are out of
>>> stock on most everything I would normally buy. We've been eating cereal
>>> or crackers for a meal almost daily. We also have cheese and canned
>>> goods. That's about it.
>>>
>>> I need REAL food! And paper towels. Stores seem to have TP now but no
>>> paper towels.
>>
>> I almost feel sorry for you , sitting here with a freezer full of various
>> meats and a pantry well stocked with all the things we like . We've even
>> got fresh lettuce in the fridge and green onions growing both out in the
>> garden and in a big plastic pot out on the deck . Fresh tomatoes would be
>> nice , but all that's available here are commercially grown tomato-shaped
>> objects that have no flavor . I can wait for our home grown .
>
>I was able to get a little fresh meat today, but mostly more frozen/prepared
>food.

I swear I am baffled by these shortages I'm reading about. What the
heck goes on in American grocery stores, anyway!?!

I went grocery shopping this morning at 11:30. The produce section was
well-stocked and the quality of everything was fine. Lots of various
kinds of meats. Lots of paper products, including toilet paper. The
shelves of cleaning products (lysol, bleach, etc) were full. Breads
and other baked stuff was plentiful. There was flour, though not a lot
of different brands. (I usually buy the no-name stuff, and there was
lots of that.)

Beans? Check. Canned and frozen vegetables? Check. Dairy? Check.

The only thing I noticed that was in short supply was Haagen-Dazs ice
cream. There were only a few different types. I wanted the caramel
cone explosion flavour, but had to settle for either vanilla, coffee,
or chocolate peanut butter. Waaaah! I don't LIKE those kinds!

ALL of the grocery stores I go to are like that, including Costco. I
never go to WalMart because it's too crowded. There are very few
line-ups where I shop.

There is one particular thing that is in short supply here in Alberta.
Cats. I wanted to get a cat when we got home from our vacation last
month, but all the shelters are out of them. Apparently EVERYONE
decided to get a cat to keep them company during the lock-down. No
cats to be found.

Doris

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 18:20:2923.04.20
an

"Ophelia" <oph...@elsinore.me.uk> wrote in message
Thanks! Angela and I will work together now. We will each shop at a
different store. That way if one store is out of something, the other person
might be able to get it at their store. Winco did have paper towels but her
car isn't very big and took her friend shopping because she has no car.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 18:21:5023.04.20
an
On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 5:01:31 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> I think the problem is that we can only shop every two weeks. We are not
> allowed to go just for eggs or milk. So we try to think of everything we
> might need until we get to the store again.

Pleeeeeeeeeease stop the incessant lying.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 18:23:2223.04.20
an

"graham" <g.st...@shaw.ca> wrote in message
I love brown rice! I just don't digest it well so normally eat white. J
prefers the brown.

As for the pork, yes, you can find that. But... The only pork we like is
bacon. Both of us ate a lot of pork when we were growing up and just don't
like it. So no sense in buying it.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 18:28:0323.04.20
an
On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 5:19:29 PM UTC-5, Doris Night wrote:

> I swear I am baffled by these shortages I'm reading about. What the
> heck goes on in American grocery stores, anyway!?!
>
> Doris

It's Ju-Ju and her incessant lying. To read that garbage she posts you'd
think the folks there are on the verge of turning cannibalistic. If she
is having trouble finding food it's because she can't get her lazy ass out
of the bed and go early in the day when shelves are pretty much stocked.

And that blatant LIE, yes a plain old lie, that they're only 'allowed' to
shop every two weeks and they're not 'allowed' to just go for milk or eggs
is just a bald-faced lie.

jmcquown

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 18:32:3823.04.20
an
Who the heck is keeping track of how many times you go to the grocery
store? I'd like to know how they're doing that.

Jill

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 18:33:2023.04.20
an

"jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
I eat very little. If it were just me here, no problem. But I have a very
active male who lives here and easily eats five times what I do.

And while he is keeping up *my* yard, gardeners are considered non-essential
so are not allowed to work for pay. He has been spending much of his time
working with his goats, doing repairs and things related to them. He can't
make money now. Neither of us have gotten our stimulus checks and he has not
yet gotten the small business loan he applied for. He does have another
business that he started at the end of last year.

He was going to try to get food from the food bank but I asked him not to.
The last time he did that, he got all sorts of weird types/cuts of frozen
meat and things like cakes. Neither of us eat cake. Then there is the fact
that food banks are out of food.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 18:35:0123.04.20
an

"jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
"Use by" means exactly that. Would you buy a package of bacon at full price
that had a "use by" date six days prior?

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 18:47:0723.04.20
an

"U.S. Janet B." <J...@nospam.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 04:19:24 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
>

>>Mornings are reserved for the elderly and that's not me. I don't think
>>they're even open that early now. All stores have had to cut back on their
>>hours. Opening later, closing earlier. I believe Walmart closes at 7 now
>>but
>>the hours seem to change quite frequently.
>
> the early hours are for those over 60, those who are handicapped, and
> those with any underlying medical issues that would make them more
> vulnerable to Covid-19. You qualify on several points. Many stores
> have a spend $35 and a drive up and pick up your groceries (you
> choose the time for pick up) or a free delivery if you spend a certain
> amount. The items you indicated don't require any special handling or
> choosing (cans, bags, packages etc.)

Here, it's for the elderly. I'm 60. That's not elderly. No stores here are
offering pick up or delivery now. I keep getting ads for Walmart pickup but
my store is not doing it at this point in time. They used to.

> Walmart tends to be a big use of time to online shop. You make out
> your list and then they tell you it is out of stock. Albertsons has
> drive up and your groceries are delivered to your car and they tell
> you as you shop if something is out of stock. Costco has $35 for free
> delivery. You will know as you shop if something is in stock. It
> used to be one-day delivery but so many are using the system now it is
> 5-day delivery (that doesn't mean they shop your goods and they sit
> around for 5 days) I've been very pleased with Costco and Albertsons.
> I won't shop Winco during this time because they (at least here) seem
> to think it is a personal insult to have to make any adjustments. As
> of yesterday I have filled my grocery requirements. As you say, it is
> difficult to get beans, canned or dry. I was able to get limas,
> lentils, kidney, pinto and yellow beans at Albertsons (dry, canned and
> frozen) I even got a head of iceberg lettuce. Everything in the cart
> delivered to me was in absolutely perfect shape.

I do order online at Costco and Walmart but less ansd less is available to
ship, I never know when the stuff will arrive, and I am limited to shelf
stable foo. Costco also uses Instacart for fresh food but they either have
no delivery slots or they are two weeks out. And they can't guarantee that
you will get what you order. Jet is pretty much out of all paper products
and most food. I check Boxed almost every day. I have gotten some things
there but again, I have no clue when it will arrive. Ordered some almonds
from Walgreens. Normally get them in 2-3 days. This time it was 3 weeks!

For a time, we were sitting here waiting for food. When it finally arrived,
most arrived on the same day. It was overwhelming.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 18:48:5023.04.20
an

<itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote in message
Correct. They're not bringing to the car now. Nor are they delivering,
except for Costco. Just too much demand and they couldn't keep up.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 18:52:4723.04.20
an

<itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote in message
I don't care what you believe! If you look up any of the stores online,
you'll see a message that hours will change right now.

I should think if a store had back stock, which most here don't, and if they
stocked overnight, it might pay to shop early. The Walmart food center does
not stock at night and puts the goods out as they arrive. Would not benefit
me to shop early there.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 18:56:4723.04.20
an

"Gary" <g.ma...@att.net> wrote in message news:5EA1843E...@att.net...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Micheleia's Hamburger Mac and Cheese. It was a snack sized portion. That
>> part was good as I was only eating a snack. But whoever does the online
>> reviews should lose their job! 5 stars my eye! *Shudder* Had a slightly
>> weird flavor and the pasta was soft.
>
> How dare you! Other than my Mom's original homemade mac&cheese,
> those things are the very best I've ever tasted. Actually, they
> might even be better that what mom did.

My homemade mac and cheese is great! Sometimes I add ground bef to it too.

> That "slightly weird flavor" is what nails the dish. It's
> the little chunks of beef (pencil eraser size) that contains
> that flavor. I would love to be able to recreate it.
> It's nice and cheesy too.

I buy grass fed, organic ground beef. That tastes good. This stuff did not.

> Anytime I go to Food Lion here I try to remember to buy a
> couple for the freezer. My regular store doesn't carry them.
>
> Anyway that gets a 5 star rating from me too.
> As far your "the pasta was soft" comment, it's
> elbow macaroni and I wouldn't want that al dente in
> a mac&cheese dish. I've always had it soft.

I would! I hate soft pasta.

> We really are complete opposites in this group though.
> You like almost nothing while I like almost everything.
> The clash of the weirdos.

I like things that most people don't. Like beans and beets.

> Bruce along with his sarcastic comments.
> This will probable scare the boy into losing sleep tonight.
>
> :-D

Yep.

U.S. Janet B.

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 18:58:1623.04.20
an
There may be rules like that because Washington, specifically Seattle,
was hit so hard with Covid-19. They may be working to cut down on the
transfer of virus to communities farther away from Seattle proper.
Janet US

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 19:01:3323.04.20
an
N.o.b.o.d.y., it's just another of her incessant lies. And she'll not
answer you as there is no answer unless it's another lie.

Hank Rogers

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 19:02:0523.04.20
an
I lived there in tacoma (83rd st?) and also later in tillicum WA,
just over the I5 overpass to madigan army hospital, where I worked
as a us army medic.

We saw a few psychotics there, but not many. It was long ago, so
,maybe the nut jobs are increasing now.

Doris Night

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 19:14:3023.04.20
an
On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 15:01:16 -0700, "Julie Bove"
<juli...@frontier.com> wrote:

> I think the problem is that we can only shop every two weeks. We are not
>allowed to go just for eggs or milk. So we try to think of everything we
>might need until we get to the store again.

They track you through your phone? Leave it at home, then.

Doris

col...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 19:34:1523.04.20
an
Still no $1200 check here either.

Dave Smith

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 19:35:1623.04.20
an
Feel free to provide a cite for that. I searched and cannot find anything.

Dave Smith

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 19:38:1023.04.20
an
I think it is just another Julieism. I searched for something official
for Washington state and got nothing. Given Julie's record if
credibility issues, I am going to have to assume it was just more
Bothell BS.

Hank Rogers

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 19:44:4923.04.20
an
Let the poor gardener get some food! He cant live on your old
crusty muffin alone!

Terry Coombs

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 19:51:0923.04.20
an
  We're doing that too , Julie . Our next trip to town is scheduled for
when Max and I run out of milk for our morning coffee . Of course we'll
also be making a stop at the hardware store for a few things (aluminum
flashing for bee hive equipment) , and we'll probably pick up something
to bring home for lunch . What has saved us is that we were stocked up
before there was even a hint of this virus - which is just the way we
always do things .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

GM

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 20:37:0123.04.20
an
Rotsa ruck wit dat'...!!!

LOL...

--
Best
Greg

GM

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 20:40:0923.04.20
an
Even the grease on her muffin "tin" is all wore out...

<chuckle>

--
Best
Gre

graham

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 20:49:2323.04.20
an
On 2020-04-23 5:34 p.m., col...@gmail.com wrote:
> Still no $1200 check here either.

Perhaps you're not wealthy enough to get one:-)

Hank Rogers

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 21:33:0923.04.20
an
Julie Bove wrote:

> "Terry Coombs" <snag...@msn.com> wrote in message
>> On 4/23/2020 3:31 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> "Terry Coombs" <snag...@msn.com> wrote in message

>>> I was able to get a little fresh meat today, but mostly more
>>> frozen/prepared food.
>>
>>  Y'all got it bad there , around here it's pretty much business
>> as usual - with masks on a lot of folks . We haven't had
>> shortages for a while now , last week there was quite a bit of TP
>> on the WM shelves - even the cheap stuff . My wife grew up dirt
>> poor in a single parent (mostly , except for the perv stepdad)
>> and they often wondered where the next meal was coming from . She
>> refuses to live like that , and that's fine with me . And so we
>> keep a pretty good supply of basic ingredients on hand . Not much
>> in the way of prepared stuff , we prefer to build from scratch .
>
> I think the problem is that we can only shop every two weeks. We
> are not allowed to go just for eggs or milk. So we try to think of
> everything we might need until we get to the store again.

If you have a pencil, and a sheet of paper, you could make a list.
That way, after weeks of waiting to shop, you wouldn't have to rely
on memory.

I've been doing this pencil trick for 50 years.

Omni Vore

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 21:35:0123.04.20
an
I used to live in WA state, and live quite nearby still, with many
friends in that state. NONE OF THEM REPORT THIS. But then, none of
them are Droolie the Bovine.

Droolie is an idiot, plain and simple. There is no restriction on
going to the store "every two weeks." There isn't even a restriction
on which stores one can go to - the convenience shop nearby, a
QFC or Safeway in the area, Trader Joe's, Costco, or down to the
Asian supermarkets in Seattle's International District. With the
reduced traffic on the freeways, going from Bothell into Seattle
for that kind of thing is a snap.

I also live in one of the Pacific Northwest's larger cities, and have
no problem getting what I like to have in the fridge and pantry. But
then, I'm not Droolie the Bovine Idiot.

Omni Vore

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 21:39:3023.04.20
an
On 4/23/2020 3:14 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "GM" <gregorymorr...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Yup, she is lying (AS PER HER USUAL), never heard of "rationing"
>> grocery trips...or food rationing - although stores may limit
>> quantities...
>
> Of course I've heard of food and other rationing. I used to have somew
> old ration tokens. Not sure where they came from. My dad gave them to me.

We're not talking about World War II.

We are talking the USA, in the year 2020. In your case, that's metro
Seattle.

> What we have here is not government rationing but stores limiting what
> we can buy. Not all of the stores are doing it but the ones around here
> are. We are supposed to stay within a mile of our house. There are no
> grocery stores that close to me. I did go about 6-7 miles away to shop.
> The prices are much cheaper there.

In some cases, stores limit amounts, but that's about it. You can't buy
nine boxes of facial tissue (maybe).

As far as staying within a mile of home, or going out to the store(s)
only every couple of weeks:

There is no such limitation. You are allowed to go just about anywhere
in metro Seattle to get groceries at a shop of your choosing. Nobody
will stop you.

You're not only an idiot, you're a misinformed lying idiot.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 21:49:5423.04.20
an
On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 8:33:09 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > I think the problem is that we can only shop every two weeks. We
> > are not allowed to go just for eggs or milk. So we try to think of
> > everything we might need until we get to the store again.
>
> If you have a pencil, and a sheet of paper, you could make a list.
> That way, after weeks of waiting to shop, you wouldn't have to rely
> on memory.
>
> I've been doing this pencil trick for 50 years.

Do you have Alzheimers? You know that pencils and paper are not available
west of the Rockies. And if they were, they'd be all sold out.

Omni Vore

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 21:54:3023.04.20
an
On 4/23/2020 3:58 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 15:21:46 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
> <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 5:01:31 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> I think the problem is that we can only shop every two weeks. We are not
>>> allowed to go just for eggs or milk. So we try to think of everything we
>>> might need until we get to the store again.
>>>
>> Pleeeeeeeeeease stop the incessant lying.
>
> There may be rules like that because Washington, specifically Seattle,
> was hit so hard with Covid-19.

There aren't. People are strongly encouraged to stay home, and
reduce the number of times they go out for groceries, drugs,
and whatever else is allowed. But no, there's no "we can only shop
every two weeks" rule. That's a lie, and Droolie lies a lot.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 21:58:5223.04.20
an
On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 8:39:30 PM UTC-5, Omni Vore wrote:

> As far as staying within a mile of home, or going out to the store(s)
> only every couple of weeks:
>
> There is no such limitation. You are allowed to go just about anywhere
> in metro Seattle to get groceries at a shop of your choosing. Nobody
> will stop you.
>
> You're not only an idiot, you're a misinformed lying idiot.

Give him/her a cee-gar!!!!

jmcquown

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 22:32:3523.04.20
an
She doesn't understand the meaning of having a well stocked kitchen. I
could sit here for the next month and not run out of food.

Jill

jmcquown

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 22:40:4123.04.20
an
"Use by" is a guess. Price is irrelevant.

Those dates really don't mean anything. I bought a package of chicken
once, planned to cook it for dinner. The use by date on the package was
way later. Got it home, opened it and it stunk to high heaven.
Obviously spoiled. I immediately took it back to the store and got my
money back.

Everything in your life seems to be overly complicated.

Jill

jmcquown

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 22:41:5723.04.20
an
On 4/23/2020 6:33 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Oh pullleeeze. Don't keep bitching about your gardener.

Jill

Ed Pawlowski

ungelesen,
23.04.2020, 23:07:2023.04.20
an
The other day I was looking for something in the freezer and since I'm
not shopping as often, I was curious as to how long I could last. I
stopped counting at roughly 50 meals and did not even look in the pantry
with the pasta, rice, beans, etc.

U.S. Janet B.

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 00:22:2624.04.20
an
On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 18:54:26 -0700, Omni Vore <eats...@good.things>
wrote:
I was just trying to be nice and give her an out

Still Bud

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 00:44:0624.04.20
an
On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 22:41:53 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>> He was going to try to get food from the food bank but I asked him not
>> to. The last time he did that, he got all sorts of weird types/cuts of
>> frozen meat and things like cakes. Neither of us eat cake. Then there is
>> the fact that food banks are out of food.
>
>Oh pullleeeze. Don't keep bitching about your gardener.

HOW in the FUCKING FUCK dod you get that she is whining about ANYTHING
in that post??

Oh, wait, your obsession with ANYTHING she says.

GROW the fuck up.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 05:31:0024.04.20

> On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 5:19:29 PM UTC-5, Doris Night wrote:
>>
>> I swear I am baffled by these shortages I'm reading about. What the
>> heck goes on in American grocery stores, anyway!?!
>>
>> Doris
>>
> It's Ju-Ju and her incessant lying. To read that garbage she posts you'd
> think the folks there are on the verge of turning cannibalistic. If she
> is having trouble finding food it's because she can't get her lazy ass out
> of the bed and go early in the day when shelves are pretty much stocked.
>
> And that blatant LIE, yes a plain old lie, that they're only 'allowed' to
> shop every two weeks and they're not 'allowed' to just go for milk or eggs
> is just a bald-faced lie.

It certainly isn't! This is what Inslee is telling us to do.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 05:32:4724.04.20
an

"Doris Night" <goodnig...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
That would be rather dangerous. The last time I left home without it (an
oversight) my car was hit. I couldn't call the police and the woman who hit
me, drove off. Plus, what if the car broke down? I'm disabled!

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 05:35:1824.04.20
an

"Omni Vore" <eats...@good.things> wrote in message
You can go to any store you want. One trip every two weeks and it is
supposed to be in your neighborhood. Have you not been listening to Inslee's
speeches?

If you use the freeway, you are being monitored on the cams.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 05:36:1624.04.20

> On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 15:21:46 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
> <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:
>
>>On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 5:01:31 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> I think the problem is that we can only shop every two weeks. We are
>>> not
>>> allowed to go just for eggs or milk. So we try to think of everything we
>>> might need until we get to the store again.
>>>
>>Pleeeeeeeeeease stop the incessant lying.
>
> There may be rules like that because Washington, specifically Seattle,
> was hit so hard with Covid-19. They may be working to cut down on the
> transfer of virus to communities farther away from Seattle proper.
> Janet US

It's the whole state.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 05:37:3024.04.20
an

"Omni Vore" <eats...@good.things> wrote in message
Those words came directly from Inslee's mouth. He also told people 65 and up
not to go out at all. Send somebody else.

Bruce

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 05:51:0824.04.20
an
On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 02:35:04 -0700, "Julie Bove"
<juli...@frontier.com> wrote:

>"Omni Vore" <eats...@good.things> wrote in message

>> I also live in one of the Pacific Northwest's larger cities, and have
>> no problem getting what I like to have in the fridge and pantry. But
>> then, I'm not Droolie the Bovine Idiot.
>
>You can go to any store you want. One trip every two weeks and it is
>supposed to be in your neighborhood. Have you not been listening to Inslee's
>speeches?
>
>If you use the freeway, you are being monitored on the cams.

Apparently, that happens here too. If you're far away from home,
police may stop you and ask why. If you don't have a good reason, you
may get a hefty fine.

Is that totalitarian? Yes. Do I mind it during this crisis? No.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 06:05:5224.04.20
an

"U.S. Janet B." <J...@nospam.com> wrote in message
Inslee's stay at home order:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/washington/articles/2020-04-22/snohomish-county-sheriff-wont-enforce-stay-at-home-order

And:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/21/jay-inslee/are-stay-home-orders-laws-jay-inslee-said/

I tried looking though the press conferences on Youtube. I know he said it
at least twice. I can't stomach listening to him but it's on there
somewhere.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 06:09:2324.04.20

>> I think the problem is that we can only shop every two weeks. We are not
>> allowed to go just for eggs or milk. So we try to think of everything we
>> might need until we get to the store again.
>
> Who the heck is keeping track of how many times you go to the grocery
> store? I'd like to know how they're doing that.

We are really on our honor. They are tracking us on our cell phones, via
cams, helicopters and also those "pass" things installed in cars. Not sure
what they are. I don't have one. However...

This is the country I live in and this Sheriff won't enforce the rules.

https://news.yahoo.com/snohomish-county-sheriff-wont-enforce-172441515.html

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 06:10:1024.04.20
an

"Terry Coombs" <snag...@msn.com> wrote in message
Thanks!

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 06:11:2224.04.20
an

"jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
I could too if it was just me here. But it's not. You don't have a man
there. Men have big appetites.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 06:12:2724.04.20
an

"Ed Pawlowski" <e...@snet.xxx> wrote in message
When I lived alone, I didn't have to keep much food. I don't eat very much.

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 06:15:1024.04.20

> On 2020-04-23 6:06 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Dave Smith" <adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>> On 2020-04-23 5:58 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> e only allowed one trip to the store every two weeks

>>> I checked online. There is nothing about that.
>>>
>>> https://www.bothellwa.gov/1648/COVID-19-Coronavirus
>>
>> This is not a Bothell thing. It's Washington state.
>>
>> And once again, I don't *live* inn the city of Bothell. I'm in
>> unincorporated Snohomish county. I do have a Bothell address. The city of
>> Bothell is in King county.
>
> Feel free to provide a cite for that. I searched and cannot find anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bothell,_Washington

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 06:19:3324.04.20
an

"Omni Vore" <eats...@good.things> wrote in message
You are not supposed to go to Seattle unless you live there or work there.
Have you not heard Inslee rant, "Stay inn your neighborhood"?

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 06:20:3124.04.20
an

"jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
Jealous?

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 06:21:4324.04.20
an

"jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
At least I have a life! :):):)

Julie Bove

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 06:22:0424.04.20
an

<col...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Still no $1200 check here either.

Sad.

Gary

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 08:30:2124.04.20
an
jmcquown wrote:
> I could sit here for the next month and not run out of food.

Same with me, Jill. I always keep about 2 months worth before
going hungry. After this long, it might turn into
"stay alive" food, not so much what I might prefer to eat.

One good thing about this mess is that I've been clearing
out my packed freezer rather than constantly adding to it.
I can actually see the back wall again. :)

Gary

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 08:30:4624.04.20
an
jmcquown wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
> > "Use by" means exactly that. Would you buy a package of bacon at full
> > price that had a "use by" date six days prior?
>
> "Use by" is a guess. Price is irrelevant.

One thing I've noticed about bacon in particular. It will
last a very long time unopened.
Once you open it, best to use within a week.

Janet

ungelesen,
24.04.2020, 08:46:2424.04.20
an
In article <b56e82ac-47c7-4743...@googlegroups.com>,
itsjoan...@webtv.net says...

> On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 8:33:09 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
> >
> > Julie Bove wrote:
> > >
> > > I think the problem is that we can only shop every two weeks. We
> > > are not allowed to go just for eggs or milk. So we try to think of
> > > everything we might need until we get to the store again.
> >
> > If you have a pencil, and a sheet of paper, you could make a list.
> > That way, after weeks of waiting to shop, you wouldn't have to rely
> > on memory.
> >
> > I've been doing this pencil trick for 50 years.
> >
> Do you have Alzheimers? You know that pencils and paper are not available
> west of the Rockies. And if they were, they'd be all sold out.

The pencils in Bothell always break or get stolen, and the paper
disintegrates into dust.

Janet UK
Weitere Nachrichten werden geladen.
0 neue Nachrichten