Pork

penm...@aol.com

Jun 19, 2019, 10:12:18 PM6/19/19
Went to the market in town this morning while my wife went to her
watercolor painting class and then to her hair dresser, she wanted a
color touch up. I bought some nice salad fixings, two half gallons of
2% milk, two loaves of Jewish rye,, two heads of garlic, and a familu
pack of beautiful thick cut pork chops, six gorgeous zoftig center cut
loin chops, Froze four and got two beauties all seasoned and ready to
pan fry. But at early afternoon we both decided to have a small salad
and have the chops tomorrow. After the salad we crawled into bed for
dessert, it was pouring rain outside and dripping wet inside. Often
the best of times are unplanned. We are both quite satieated, we can
gorge on pork tomorrow. My wife caught me off guard so I never did
plan on what to prepare with the chops, I haven't a clue, I'm thinking
I'd desire a repeat performance.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jun 19, 2019, 10:22:52 PM6/19/19
On Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 9:12:18 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> Went to the market in town this morning. I bought some nice salad fixings,
two half gallons of 2% milk.

Why did you not just buy a gallon of milk? Half gallons were all they had in
stock?

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 19, 2019, 10:31:41 PM6/19/19
On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 22:12:14 -0400, penm...@aol.com wrote:

>Went to the market in town this morning while my wife went to her
>watercolor painting class and then to her hair dresser, she wanted a
>color touch up. I bought some nice salad fixings, two half gallons of

Does she watercolor paint her hair?

>2% milk, two loaves of Jewish rye,, two heads of garlic, and a familu
>pack of beautiful thick cut pork chops, six gorgeous zoftig center cut

hey now pork is not kosher....

>loin chops, Froze four and got two beauties all seasoned and ready to
>pan fry. But at early afternoon we both decided to have a small salad
>and have the chops tomorrow. After the salad we crawled into bed for

was it kosher?

>dessert, it was pouring rain outside and dripping wet inside. Often

was the wetness from the outside kosher?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

penm...@aol.com

Jun 19, 2019, 10:46:14 PM6/19/19
I don't drink milk unless it's on tap and my wife only uses it in
tea... bought in gallon containers it usually goes off before she can
finish it. She tells be to buy two half gallons and then she'll
freeze one. At our age milk on tap is non existant but its still
enjoyable to pretend.

Hank Rogers

Jun 19, 2019, 10:48:09 PM6/19/19
Popeye, next week yoose can screw her mammy, and week after yoose
can screw her grandmammy.

I bet yoose don't even have any darkies from the south living in
yoose hew york mansion.

Bruce

Jun 19, 2019, 11:24:24 PM6/19/19
On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 22:12:14 -0400, penm...@aol.com wrote:

>Went to the market in town this morning while my wife went to her
>watercolor painting class and then to her hair dresser, she wanted a
>color touch up. I bought some nice salad fixings, two half gallons of
>2% milk, two loaves of Jewish rye,, two heads of garlic, and a familu
>pack of beautiful thick cut pork chops, six gorgeous zoftig center cut
>loin chops, Froze four and got two beauties all seasoned and ready to
>pan fry. But at early afternoon we both decided to have a small salad
>and have the chops tomorrow. After the salad we crawled into bed for
>dessert, it was pouring rain outside and dripping wet inside.

Ok, Sheldon, we all know that you have a basement, but let me give you
one advice: get a roof as well.

m...@privacy.net

Jun 20, 2019, 1:57:49 AM6/20/19
On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 19:22:49 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
<itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:

I ONLY buy half gallons now, of the organic brands mostly,
because they last a WHOLE lot longer, opened OR unopened.
I don't drink nearly as much milk as I used to now,
and even 5-6 years ago, a gallon would often go sour long before
I had come close to using it all.

Julie Bove

Jun 20, 2019, 2:55:04 AM6/20/19

<itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote in message
I buy those because they fit in my little fridge. Gallons don't. I can put
two gallons in the big one but they take up most of the top shelf. We go
through a lot of milk so I try to keep extra.

Gary

Jun 20, 2019, 7:15:00 AM6/20/19
m...@privacy.net wrote:

> I ONLY buy half gallons now, of the organic brands mostly,
> because they last a WHOLE lot longer, opened OR unopened.
> I don't drink nearly as much milk as I used to now,
> and even 5-6 years ago, a gallon would often go sour long before
> I had come close to using it all.

I always buy a half gallon of whole milk at a time as I don't use
much. Just bought one a few days ago and 3 pints are now in the
freezer. As I use up one, I take another out the night before
I'll need it. No more milk going bad ever. If I ever need more,
like for some recipe, it's very easy to quick thaw another pint.

If I had more freezer space, I would buy a gallon at a time (and
freeze pints) as it is more cost effective.

Gary

Jun 20, 2019, 7:18:07 AM6/20/19
penm...@aol.com wrote:

> After the salad we crawled into bed for
> dessert, it was pouring rain outside and dripping wet inside. Often
> the best of times are unplanned. We are both quite satieated, we can
> gorge on pork tomorrow. My wife caught me off guard so I never did
> plan on what to prepare with the chops, I haven't a clue, I'm thinking
> I'd desire a repeat performance.

<also from another post>
> I don't drink milk unless it's on tap...
> At our age milk on tap is non existant but its still
> enjoyable to pretend.

These porn sex descriptions about a 70-something year old couple
really makes me want to unplug my monitor, take it outside and
drive back and forth over it.

Bruce

Jun 20, 2019, 7:34:38 AM6/20/19
May I suggest just a quick puke in the bathroom instead?

Dave Smith

Jun 20, 2019, 10:20:09 AM6/20/19
I buy milk in 4 liter bags.... actually a bag of three 1.3 liter bags.
Each of those bags will keep me going for at least a week. I get lactose
free milk and it has a long shelf life.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jun 20, 2019, 10:54:40 AM6/20/19
On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 12:57:49 AM UTC-5, m...@privacy.net wrote:

> I ONLY buy half gallons now, of the organic brands mostly,
> because they last a WHOLE lot longer, opened OR unopened.
> I don't drink nearly as much milk as I used to now,
> and even 5-6 years ago, a gallon would often go sour long before
> I had come close to using it all.

I buy, usually a gallon of milk per week. Sometimes I will have a bit less
than a half gallon left then I will buy a half gallon and pour it into the
gallon container. Needless to say, I drink a lot of milk; always have.

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 20, 2019, 1:14:56 PM6/20/19
We're at about three gallons per week. I suppose if my husband's
shoulders get much worse I'll have to buy it by the half gallon. That'll
be annoying.

Cindy Hamilton

Sqwertz

Jun 20, 2019, 3:03:38 PM6/20/19
On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 19:22:49 -0700 (PDT), itsjoan...@webtv.net
wrote:
At HEB, two half gallons are cheaper than a whole gallon,
by almost $.50.

$1.55 for a half gallon
https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-select-ingredients-whole-milk/314135

$3.58 for a whole gallon.
https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-select-ingredients-whole-milk/314130

It's been this way for years. Why? Who knows. It's the same with
cream - buy two pints instead of a quart.

-sw

Thomas

Jun 20, 2019, 3:13:16 PM6/20/19
Cheaper here too to buy 2 halfs. Easier to pour in my coffee hungover in the dark at 4 am.

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 20, 2019, 3:25:15 PM6/20/19
I've never looked. I'll try to remember to check tonight at the grocery
store.

I probably would be willing to pay a premium to buy three gallons instead
of six halves.

Cindy Hamilton

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jun 20, 2019, 3:40:57 PM6/20/19
On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 2:03:38 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

> At HEB, two half gallons are cheaper than a whole gallon,
> by almost $.50.
>
> $1.55 for a half gallon
> https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-select-ingredients-whole-milk/314135
>
> $3.58 for a whole gallon.
> https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-select-ingredients-whole-milk/314130
>
> It's been this way for years. Why? Who knows. It's the same with
> cream - buy two pints instead of a quart.
>
> -sw

A gallon of milk at Kroger is $2.49 while a half gallon is $1.79. A quart of
cream is cheaper than 2 pints. Any of the name brand dairies that also have
their milk in the coolers is $3.99 - $4.99 per gallon. Organic milk is even
higher.

Hank Rogers

Jun 20, 2019, 3:48:02 PM6/20/19
Popeye loves to talk about his "PeePee". :)

Hank Rogers

Jun 20, 2019, 3:48:38 PM6/20/19
Less expensive.

penm...@aol.com

Jun 20, 2019, 4:36:32 PM6/20/19
What do his shoulders have to do with it? Do you mean he can't lift a
gallon? A good wife would portion it out in sizes he can handle....
perhaps let him latch on or simply fill a few Platex Nursers. LOL

Dave Smith

Jun 20, 2019, 4:51:57 PM6/20/19
On 2019-06-20 3:11 p.m., Thomas wrote:
> Cheaper here too to buy 2 halfs. Easier to pour in my coffee
> hungover in the dark at 4 am.

Around here, the greater the quantity of milk the cheaper is. One liter
(quart) runs about $2.79 most places, a two litre carton is about $3.50
and 4 liters is $4.49. I find it much cheaper to buy the 4 liter bags
and risk one going sour. I have been getting lactose free milk lately
and it is a lot more expensive that regular. It is still cheaper per
liter to get it 4 liters at a time, but I don't save as much. However,
there is less risk of it going bad, so no need to use it up for the sake
of using it up before it turns.

A Moose in Love

Jun 20, 2019, 5:22:16 PM6/20/19
I don't drink much milk. About a quart per week. Actually a liter. A liter of milk here is about $2.79 or so. CDN.

penm...@aol.com

Jun 20, 2019, 6:03:24 PM6/20/19
On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 07:18:11 -0400, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:

You've felt that way about sex for 40+ years, that's why you're
divorced and live alone. I don't care what anyone claims. I know from
personal experience, from dating many women, and being married four
times that the majority of divorces are due to sexual incompatibility.
No one divorces when the sex is exquisite. Likely your wife divorced
you and moved on because you stank of paint and suffered from ED, and
no normal woman would ever date a house painter, the STINK! hehehe

How little you know, sex in our seventies is better than ever, we are
well experienced, we've learned not to rush, we are on each other's
clock. The best part of retirement is the relaxed sex... sex has
nothing to do with quantity, it's all about quality. Good satisfying
sex twice a week is much more fullfilling than lousy sex every day, My
present wife and I both agree that the primary reason for marriage is
for unadulterated/uninterupted sex... to have an *exclusive* life
partner, no one needs to marry for money and to have children. From
what you've just posted I've no doubt whatsoever that you are divorsed
and live alone because you are unable to sexualy satisfy a woman.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jun 20, 2019, 6:37:12 PM6/20/19
On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 4:22:16 PM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:

> I don't drink much milk. About a quart per week. Actually a liter. A liter of milk here is about $2.79 or so. CDN.

If I come to your house better stock up on the moo juice.

;o)

A Moose in Love

Jun 20, 2019, 7:22:29 PM6/20/19
You're a pretty pricey house guest. But I'm sure you're worth it.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jun 20, 2019, 10:17:54 PM6/20/19
Thank your lucky stars I didn't ask for an expensive whisky or wine.

:o)

Dave Smith

Jun 20, 2019, 10:29:28 PM6/20/19
If you come to my house it might be a good idea to BYOM. It would never
occur to me to make sure there was milk on hand as a beverage.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jun 21, 2019, 1:04:35 AM6/21/19
WELLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! I'll just stay at a hotel if you're going to be like
that!

m...@privacy.net

Jun 21, 2019, 1:51:27 AM6/21/19
On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 12:40:54 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
<itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:

>A gallon of milk at Kroger is $2.49 while a half gallon is $1.79.

DAMN, here, a good half gallon is $5 or ever $6.

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 21, 2019, 6:17:15 AM6/21/19
He can lift a gallon now, although if the gallon is full he sets it
on the counter to pour. He's basically got no rotator cuff on the
right side, and the left is badly compromised.

I don't decant milk for storage. I believe it will make the milk
spoil quicker due to airborne contaminants in the receiving container.

Cindy Hamilton

Bruce

Jun 21, 2019, 6:18:50 AM6/21/19
On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 03:17:11 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
LOL. I'm not sure why, but LOL.

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 21, 2019, 6:20:49 AM6/21/19
On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 3:40:57 PM UTC-4, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
$1.99 for a gallon, $1.39 for a half. That's the store brand. I could
spend a lot more, but why would I want to?

Cindy Hamilton

Bruce

Jun 21, 2019, 7:13:01 AM6/21/19
On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 12:10:10 +0100, Pamela <pamela...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>LOL??? Shoulder injuries can be very painful.

Of course. That's not what I was laughing at, as you well knew.

graham

Jun 21, 2019, 8:10:54 AM6/21/19
Besides, this cheap brand has all the hormone residues they fed the cows:-)

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 21, 2019, 9:14:15 AM6/21/19
No artificial hormones in the milk I buy. It's cheap because it's a
loss leader.

Cindy Hamilton

Dave Smith

Jun 21, 2019, 9:49:13 AM6/21/19
On 2019-06-21 6:20 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> A gallon of milk at Kroger is $2.49 while a half gallon is $1.79. A quart of
>> cream is cheaper than 2 pints. Any of the name brand dairies that also have
>> their milk in the coolers is $3.99 - $4.99 per gallon. Organic milk is even
>> higher.
>
> $1.99 for a gallon, $1.39 for a half. That's the store brand. I could
> spend a lot more, but why would I want to?

You drink it enough that it is not likely to go sour on you. I get the
4 litre bags ( one bag containing three 1.3 litre bags) If if buy
regular milk, each one of those 1.3l bags will be opened for more than a
week before there are gone. The gallon might be open for close to a
month, so there is a good chance it will go sour before I use it. I
have to sort through the store's supply to get the one with the latest
use by date.

That is less of a problem with the lactose free milk that I buy. Its
shelf life is so much longer that it is not really an issue. They start
putting that stuff on sale when it gets closer to the use by date. Given
that it is twice the price of regular milk, I'll take my chances.

Dave Smith

Jun 21, 2019, 9:53:53 AM6/21/19
On 2019-06-21 7:10 a.m., Pamela wrote:
> On 11:18 21 Jun 2019, Bruce <br...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>> I don't decant milk for storage. I believe it will make the milk
>>> spoil quicker due to airborne contaminants in the receiving container.
>>
>> LOL. I'm not sure why, but LOL.
>
> LOL??? Shoulder injuries can be very painful.

I have certainly had my share of injuries. I can't forget the first
time I had a rotator cuff injury when I was about 24. That was, by far,
the most painful injury I had ever had in my life. That held the painful
injury record for almost 30 years when I broke my collar bone.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jun 21, 2019, 10:32:40 AM6/21/19
EEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!! Why so expensive??

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jun 21, 2019, 10:38:45 AM6/21/19
On Friday, June 21, 2019 at 8:14:15 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Friday, June 21, 2019 at 8:10:54 AM UTC-4, graham wrote:

> > > $1.99 for a gallon, $1.39 for a half. That's the store brand. I could
> > > spend a lot more, but why would I want to?
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton
> > >
> > Besides, this cheap brand has all the hormone residues they fed the cows:-)
>
> No artificial hormones in the milk I buy. It's cheap because it's a
> loss leader.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Same here. They know that 99% of the shopper that come in for milk will most
likely walk out with more items. Draw them in with a good price for moo
juice and they'll spend bigger bucks in other areas of the store.

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 21, 2019, 10:44:24 AM6/21/19
The joke's on them. I shop there for the quality of the vegetables. The
rock-bottom price on milk is just the icing on the cake.

Cindy Hamilton

Dave Smith

Jun 21, 2019, 11:00:47 AM6/21/19
It must be an important factor for a lot of choppers because around here
the price of milk is just about the same everywhere. The various grocery
chains, independents and convenience stores all sell it for the same
price. I guess they don't want people going to other stores to take
advantage of their milk prices and doing the rest of their chopping
there too. I presume that they are also hoping for some customer
loyalty. They all want to be the go to store for the people who come for
milk. It is similar to the use of express checkouts. They get more bang
for the buck from the shoppers with a cartful of groceries than they do
from the 8 items or less, but what they are aiming for is insuring that
those people will come back instead of discovering the competition.

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 21, 2019, 12:41:36 PM6/21/19
On Friday, June 21, 2019 at 11:00:47 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-06-21 10:44 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Friday, June 21, 2019 at 10:38:45 AM UTC-4, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
>
> >> Same here. They know that 99% of the shopper that come in for milk will most
> >> likely walk out with more items. Draw them in with a good price for moo
> >> juice and they'll spend bigger bucks in other areas of the store.
> >
> > The joke's on them. I shop there for the quality of the vegetables. The
> > rock-bottom price on milk is just the icing on the cake.
>
> It must be an important factor for a lot of choppers because around here
> the price of milk is just about the same everywhere. The various grocery
> chains, independents and convenience stores all sell it for the same
> price.

The convenience-store price here is about double what I pay at the
grocery store. I don't comparison shop grocery stores, so I don't
know if everybody charges the same. ISTR my previous store charged
more than $1.99/gallon, but it was a much smaller chain than the
place I shop now (which has its own brand of milk).

Cindy Hamilton

Hank Rogers

Jun 21, 2019, 2:11:32 PM6/21/19
Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 4:36:32 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 10:14:52 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> <angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> We're at about three gallons per week. I suppose if my husband's
>>> shoulders get much worse I'll have to buy it by the half gallon. That'll
>>> be annoying.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>
>> What do his shoulders have to do with it? Do you mean he can't lift a
>> gallon? A good wife would portion it out in sizes he can handle....
>> perhaps let him latch on or simply fill a few Platex Nursers. LOL
>

> I don't decant milk for storage. I believe it will make the milk
> spoil quicker due to airborne contaminants in the receiving container.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I think you're right. I tried pouring off half and half instead of
buyng it in quarts, but stopped when I noticed that it didn't keep
as long as quart containers.

Hank Rogers

Jun 21, 2019, 2:13:05 PM6/21/19
Pamela wrote:
> You said you didn't know why you were laughing. It seems out of place in
> the circumstances.

Pathological laughter?

Bruce

Jun 21, 2019, 3:43:16 PM6/21/19
On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 14:15:09 +0100, Pamela <pamela...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>You said you didn't know why you were laughing. It seems out of place in
>the circumstances.

Busybody.

Bruce

Jun 21, 2019, 4:07:08 PM6/21/19
On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 20:59:49 +0100, Pamela <pamela...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>A busybody is one who gratuitiously writes:
>
> "LOL. I'm not sure why, but LOL."

I laughed at: "I believe it will make the milk spoil quicker due to
airborne contaminants in the receiving container."

It was written at the intersection of geeky and OCD.

Dave Smith

Jun 21, 2019, 4:30:32 PM6/21/19
I am pretty sure that convenience store milk used to be a lot more
expensive than grocery stores. Not being a milk drinker, I was never in
the habit of buying it there. I was surprised a year or two ago when we
actually needed to get some milk and found they charged the same as the
grocery stores. Eggs are competitive too.

Hank Rogers

Jun 21, 2019, 4:30:52 PM6/21/19
Yoose don't believe in the new germ theory that scientists began
discussing in the middle of the 19th century?

jmcquown

Jun 21, 2019, 5:45:12 PM6/21/19
On 6/19/2019 10:22 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 9:12:18 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> Went to the market in town this morning. I bought some nice salad fixings,
> two half gallons of 2% milk.
>>
> Why did you not just buy a gallon of milk? Half gallons were all they had in
> stock?

Can't speak for Sheldon but I as much as I love milk I don't use a
gallon in a week. I buy a couple of half gallons and put one in the
freezer.

Jill

jmcquown

Jun 21, 2019, 5:48:08 PM6/21/19
On 6/19/2019 10:46 PM, penm...@aol.com wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 19:22:49 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
> <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 9:12:18 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>>
>>> Went to the market in town this morning. I bought some nice salad fixings,
>> two half gallons of 2% milk.
>>>
>> Why did you not just buy a gallon of milk? Half gallons were all they had in
>> stock?
>
> my wife only uses it in
> tea... bought in gallon containers it usually goes off before she can
> finish it.

Yeah, she'd have to drink a lot of very milky tea to use a gallon before
it spoils.

> She tells be to buy two half gallons and then she'll
> freeze one.

I buy two half gallons and freeze one, too.

> At our age milk on tap is non existant

You could always buy a cow... ;)

Jill

Dave Smith

Jun 21, 2019, 5:51:36 PM6/21/19
He is too accustomed to the old mantra... why buy a cow if you can get
milk for free.

jmcquown

Jun 21, 2019, 5:56:03 PM6/21/19
On 6/20/2019 7:18 AM, Gary wrote:
> penm...@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> I don't drink milk unless it's on tap...
>> At our age milk on tap is non existant but its still
>> enjoyable to pretend.

(snippage)

> These porn sex descriptions about a 70-something year old couple
> really makes me want to unplug my monitor, take it outside and
> drive back and forth over it.

The innuendo gets old (pardon the pun). I suspect his wife would rather
he discuss her knitting prowess.

Jill

jmcquown

Jun 21, 2019, 6:05:01 PM6/21/19
The one time I bought lactose free milk (can't remember why since I
don't have lactose issues, maybe it was on sale) it lasted much longer
beyond the sell by date than regular milk would have. Turns out it's
the pasturization process that makes the difference. I've not seen
those bags of milk you mention offered for sale in my part of the world.

Jill

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jun 21, 2019, 6:11:30 PM6/21/19
On Friday, June 21, 2019 at 5:05:01 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

> > I've not seen
> those bags of milk you mention offered for sale in my part of the world.
>
> Jill

Me neither. I wish he would post a picture of them so I could get an idea of
what they look like. To me, it sounds like storing them in the refrigerator
would be a nightmare.

Dave Smith

Jun 21, 2019, 6:17:24 PM6/21/19
It seems they are only sold in some parts of Canada. I am surprised that
they have not caught on and become wide spread. I could explain it, but
here is a video that does it quite well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjvV2Db3fGg

Dave Smith

Jun 21, 2019, 6:18:42 PM6/21/19

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jun 21, 2019, 6:40:04 PM6/21/19
Thanks! That was quite interesting and now I understand the 'milk bag'
mystery, hahaha. I would be just clumsy enough to knock over that pitcher
in the 'frig but one time would convince me to be more careful.

What is the difference in price of the milk bags vs. milk in plastic jugs??

Hank Rogers

Jun 21, 2019, 7:43:22 PM6/21/19
I think Popeye on;y drinks milk from brown ladies. and then only if
they have long thick leathery nipples.

If the wimmens are lucky, he will have sex with them.

Hank Rogers

Jun 21, 2019, 7:46:14 PM6/21/19
That white milky stuff ... Hell he got that from sucking his
brother. It wasn't cow milk.

jmcquown

Jun 21, 2019, 8:14:19 PM6/21/19
Okay... thanks for that. Sorry but it strikes me as weird. You have to
decant the milk into a pitcher?

Jill

jmcquown

Jun 21, 2019, 9:16:44 PM6/21/19
I watched the video. It didn't explain anything. Sorry!

Jill

Dave Smith

Jun 21, 2019, 9:25:31 PM6/21/19
I don't know. They don't sell it in gallon size plastic jugs.

Dave Smith

Jun 21, 2019, 9:29:18 PM6/21/19
No, you do not decant the milk into the pitcher. There is a large bag
that contains three smaller bags. The small bags are set insider the
pitcher and then you snip off the corner of that bag and pour the milk.

Ophelia

Jun 22, 2019, 3:51:03 AM6/22/19

"jmcquown" wrote in message news:EdcPE.3$17...@fx33.iad...
==

Does that not work out the same as one gallon a week for TWO people
...;p

penm...@aol.com

Jun 22, 2019, 9:18:27 AM6/22/19
On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 08:35:54 +0100, "Ophelia" <OphEl...@gmail.com>
wrote:
We don't go through milk equally. I sporadically use some milk for
cooking/baking and will very occasionally have some milk with dry
cereal but I don't drink milk. My wife doesn't drink milk either but
she goes through about 1/2 gallon a week for her tea and coffee, I
drink coffee black, I don't drink tea. The gallon size would sour
before she could finish it so she keeps one 1/2 gallon in the freezer.
We tried buying the one gallon size because it costs less but more
often than not it sours before it's finished so tossing some out there
is no savings.

jmcquown

Jun 22, 2019, 10:40:46 AM6/22/19
Still seems like an unnecessary step and not very convenient.

Jill

jmcquown

Jun 22, 2019, 10:44:08 AM6/22/19
On 6/19/2019 10:12 PM, penm...@aol.com wrote:
> Went to the market in town this morning while my wife went to her
> watercolor painting class and then to her hair dresser, she wanted a
> color touch up. I bought some nice salad fixings, two half gallons of
> 2% milk, two loaves of Jewish rye,, two heads of garlic, and a familu
> pack of beautiful thick cut pork chops, six gorgeous zoftig center cut
> loin chops, Froze four and got two beauties all seasoned and ready to
> pan fry.

FWIW, I only buy thick cut pork chops when I plan to stuff them. For
pan frying thinner cuts work better.

Jill

jmcquown

Jun 22, 2019, 10:54:56 AM6/22/19
On 6/20/2019 6:03 PM, penm...@aol.com wrote:
> You've felt that way about sex for 40+ years, that's why you're
> divorced and live alone. I don't care what anyone claims. I know from
> personal experience, from dating many women, and being married four
> times that the majority of divorces are due to sexual incompatibility.

Help me understand how your having been married four times is supposed
to be some sort of testimonial.

I didn't divorce my husband because of sexual incompatibility. There
is, or at least there should be, much more involved in a successful
relationship.

Jill

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 22, 2019, 11:59:08 AM6/22/19
It depends on how done you like them and whether you're going to finish
them in the oven.

Cindy Hamilton

Hank Rogers

Jun 22, 2019, 2:55:24 PM6/22/19
Popeye just follows his pecker around.

GM

Jun 22, 2019, 3:49:02 PM6/22/19
He's just a regular guy, Hank...ALL guys "think with their dicks"...it's as old as Adam & Eve...donchyaknow...

And poor Jill is what we called back in the day a "Frigidaire"...she prolly has only climaxed whilst rubbing against a washing machine...

--
Best
Greg

penm...@aol.com

Jun 22, 2019, 7:26:14 PM6/22/19
On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 10:54:49 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
I've already explained it all to you long ago via email. My first
wife of 14 years was a big time cheat, sshje worked and dwas intimate
with her bosses. My second wife of less than one year was older than
me and really didn't want to be married again. The third of less than
one year who hung out at the gym was a cheat. My present wife and I
have been happily married for thirty years. We both feel lucky to
have met because we didn't want to spend the rest of our lives all
alone. We knew it would work because both our parents became best of
friends and had the same values....we've never argued about
anything... we both accept each other's eating prefernces, I don't
care that she won't eat onions and she doesn't care that I eat
greens. Actually she's beginning to enjoy all kinds of greens that
she has never met previously., And I don't mind eating onions when
she's not home. Actually I find it somewhat difficult to cook without
onions but I manage. Tonight it's fried Italian saw-seege, not sure
with what yet. Dosen't matter, we've never argued about food... she
doesn;'t care, she eats whatever I cook so long as no onions.

jmcquown

Jun 23, 2019, 8:01:25 AM6/23/19
On 6/22/2019 7:26 PM, penm...@aol.com wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 10:54:49 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 6/20/2019 6:03 PM, penm...@aol.com wrote:
>>> You've felt that way about sex for 40+ years, that's why you're
>>> divorced and live alone. I don't care what anyone claims. I know from
>>> personal experience, from dating many women, and being married four
>>> times that the majority of divorces are due to sexual incompatibility.
>>
>> Help me understand how your having been married four times is supposed
>> to be some sort of testimonial.
>>
>> I didn't divorce my husband because of sexual incompatibility. There
>> is, or at least there should be, much more involved in a successful
>> relationship.
>>
>> Jill
>
> I've already explained it all to you long ago via email. My first
> wife of 14 years was a big time cheat, sshje worked and dwas intimate
> with her bosses. My second wife of less than one year was older than
> me and really didn't want to be married again. The third of less than
> one year who hung out at the gym was a cheat.

Sorry, I seem to have forgotten what you believe you explained to me in
long ago emails.

I freely admit marrying my ex- was a mistake. He had this odd idea that
once we got married I became his property. Let me state for the record:
I never cheated on him. He accused *me* often enough. Guilt from the
Gander?

I got a call one morning on my way out the door to work: his boss wanted
to know how he was doing. What? He said he'd been sick. Boss just
calling to check on him. He'd been getting up and leaving the house
dressed for work every morning but he hadn't been there for two weeks.
I have *no* idea where he'd been going.

After the divorce he harrassed and stalked me for *two years*. I was
working as a secretary and had to get permission from my manager to tape
the incoming phone calls. He stalked me. He showed up in the parking
lot at work and just sat there next to my car.

Later, he vandalized my car while it was sitting in my parents'
driveway. I took pictures of that. He left me cards in my mail box.
Thanks to the tapes and photographic evidence I pressed charges and had
him thrown in prison.

It was difficult to do. Initially I was told it was not a matter for
the police, it was a "civil" matter. A "domestic dispute". Uh... we're
not domestic, we're divorced. There were no stalking laws on the books
in TN in the 1980's. So the phone calls and following me around weren't
considered criminal. Vandalizing my car was. I was allowed to present
the stalking/harrassment tapes and such into the proceedings at that
point. He was convicted on "malicious mischief" charges. The judge and
the prosecutor threw the book at him. Too bad the book only allowed 11/29.

He never bothered me again. LOL Don't mess with Jill.

> My present wife and I
> have been happily married for thirty years. We both feel lucky to
> have met because we didn't want to spend the rest of our lives all
> alone.

Congrats! Really. You do know living alone doesn't mean "lonely", right?

We knew it would work because both our parents became best of
> friends and had the same values....we've never argued about
> anything... we both accept each other's eating prefernces, I don't
> care that she won't eat onions and she doesn't care that I eat
> greens. Actually she's beginning to enjoy all kinds of greens that
> she has never met previously., And I don't mind eating onions when
> she's not home. Actually I find it somewhat difficult to cook without
> onions but I manage. Tonight it's fried Italian saw-seege, not sure
> with what yet. Dosen't matter, we've never argued about food... she
> doesn;'t care, she eats whatever I cook so long as no onions.

I don't care for the texture of onions but I sure as heck do cook with
them. A fine mince and they must be cooked until tender. When I say
"saute" I mean "soft".

Jill

jmcquown

Jun 23, 2019, 8:15:36 AM6/23/19
That's true of course. It also depends on what he's calling "thick cut"
pork chops. The thick cuts I find are at least 2 inches. Those, I
split and stuff and cook (roast) them totally in the oven.

Simply my opinion, I prefer 1/2" loin chops when pan frying. We can
forget all about the zoftig comment. ;)

Jill

Gary

Jun 23, 2019, 8:48:35 AM6/23/19
jmcquown wrote:

> You do know living alone doesn't mean "lonely", right?

I live alone and I'm not lonely. I like it.

Sheldon gave up onions for his wife. I wouldn't do that.
I would just cook 2 versions of a meal.

penm...@aol.com

Jun 23, 2019, 10:10:14 AM6/23/19
On Sun, 23 Jun 2019 08:01:17 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
He sounds mentally ill. With my first three after we split I never
saw or spoke to them again, I've no idea if they're still alive.

>> My present wife and I
>> have been happily married for thirty years. We both feel lucky to
>> have met because we didn't want to spend the rest of our lives all
>> alone.
>
>Congrats! Really. You do know living alone doesn't mean "lonely", right?

I tried living alone, I hated it. I think living alone is easier for
women because single women are more accepting of other single women.
Most men are too competitive, constantly having to outdo each other
and boasting/exaggerating about everything. Even as adults they
behave like kids playing sports. I never enjoyed male company and
still don't... sometimes I just tolerate them. I find that most men
are all mouth and no ears, there's never any conversation, it's all
about their boring minutia, they are still like children constantly
showing off their toy box.

My living alone days were when I was much younger and I really didn't
like all the alone time, nor was I ever one to hang at a bar, which
was what most single guys did and still do. Now that I'm a lot older
I don't mind stints of being alone for a day or two. However I know I
wouldn't like being alone all the time.

> We knew it would work because both our parents became best of
>> friends and had the same values....we've never argued about
>> anything... we both accept each other's eating prefernces, I don't
>> care that she won't eat onions and she doesn't care that I eat
>> greens. Actually she's beginning to enjoy all kinds of greens that
>> she has never met previously., And I don't mind eating onions when
>> she's not home. Actually I find it somewhat difficult to cook without
>> onions but I manage. Tonight it's fried Italian saw-seege, not sure
>> with what yet. Dosen't matter, we've never argued about food... she
>> doesn;'t care, she eats whatever I cook so long as no onions.

She likes plain white rice so that's what we had with the sausages,
and I know to make extra so she can freeze some to have later.

>I don't care for the texture of onions but I sure as heck do cook with
>them. A fine mince and they must be cooked until tender. When I say
>"saute" I mean "soft".
>
>Jill

I enjoy onions well cooked or raw. I like raw onions in all kinds of
salads and in some sandwiches. I get my share of onions when my wife
is not home, like today she will be playing in a golf tournament all
afternoon. I'm welcome to attend but I don't play golf and I find it
boring to watch. I'll be pruning three trees, two crab apple and one
maple... their lower growth has gotten too much for the tractor to mow
underneath, so we've been using a push mower, only they are in
different directions making it a long walk pushing a mower.
The golf club puts out lunch before the tournament starts, typically
burgers. I'll likely have a tuna sald sandwich with raw onion. I've
switched to sweet onions, I like them more than the sharp tasting
onions.

penm...@aol.com

Jun 23, 2019, 10:44:54 AM6/23/19
That's why you live alone... loners never learned to get along with
others... you would never make it in the military. I don't mind at
all cooking for my wife and making what she likes... she gave up lamb
chops for me. I didn't give up onions, truth is I wouldn't eat onions
all that often anyway, and I still cook with onions because I know how
to sneak some in, for stews I add a couple whole that I can easily
fish out for me, for pasta sauce I'll add some onion but mince it so
fine it dissolves and don't use too much, plus I use enough garlic to
cover up the onion. When she visits her sons and grands they can eat
lamb, nothing can cover up that stench, maybe a skunk. Cooking for
400 aboard ship I learned to prepare foods so that everyone would eat
it. I don't mind catering to others, in fact I enjoy that, I get a
lot of satisfaction from pleasing others. I get along well with most
people because I'm good at compromising, it certainly appears that you
prefer living selfishly, I never think about giving up things for
others, to me compromising means sharing.

Janet

Jun 23, 2019, 11:11:27 AM6/23/19
In article <hauuge1g0devmvjh2...@4ax.com>, penmart01
@aol.com says...

> Most men are too competitive, constantly having to outdo each other
> and boasting/exaggerating about everything. Even as adults they
> behave like kids playing sports. I never enjoyed male company and
> still don't... sometimes I just tolerate them. I find that most men
> are all mouth and no ears, there's never any conversation, it's all
> about their boring minutia, they are still like children constantly
> showing off their toy box.

LOL

So it IS true, Americans don't do irony :-)

Janet UK.

U.S. Janet B.

Jun 23, 2019, 12:23:11 PM6/23/19
LOL :-)
Janet US

penm...@aol.com

Jun 23, 2019, 1:57:07 PM6/23/19
On Sun, 23 Jun 2019 10:23:02 -0600, U.S. Janet B. <J...@nospam.com>
wrote:
I wasn't being ironic, just speaking factual truth.... most males I've
met all my life were uber competitive., and none of them liked other
males either, they tolerate each other when needed.

I've had very few male friends, most of my friends were/are female.
And as I've gotten older most people I knew are now gone. I only keep
in touch with one person who served on the same ship with me and he
says most from that time are gone. He Lives in Brooklyn and used to
visit me here because his brother lived here but his brother passed on
so he no longer visits other than by phone. Kids I grew up with and
classmates who were friends are all gone. Of all the people I knew
from work most are gone except for two who are in nursing homes on the
other coast and are unable to hold a phone conversation. I recently
checked the Yellowbook phone directory for a neighbor women in
Shoreham NY, Long Island who I knew well because no one answers her
phone anymore, says Anna Mae Snyder; deceased.... she was a year
younger than me.

That's the only negative I've found about getting older is that most
everyone from the past is gone and its near impossible for older males
to become friends as they share no history. I joined organizations
and went to some meetings but then stopped going because there was no
comraderie, a two hour meeting once a month with no one speaking to
each other afterwards did nothing for me.

Bruce

Jun 23, 2019, 3:29:39 PM6/23/19
On Sun, 23 Jun 2019 16:11:18 +0100, Janet <Ja...@somewhere.com> wrote:

1. Irony
3. Profit

Americans won't do irony until they find step 2 first.

Janet

Jun 24, 2019, 10:04:15 AM6/24/19
In article <o6dvge5mp6dbl2vjv...@4ax.com>, penmart01
@aol.com says...

> On Sun, 23 Jun 2019 10:23:02 -0600, U.S. Janet B. <J...@nospam.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 23 Jun 2019 16:11:18 +0100, Janet <Ja...@somewhere.com> wrote:
> >
> >>In article <hauuge1g0devmvjh2...@4ax.com>, penmart01
> >>@aol.com says...

> >> LOL
> >>

> >> So it IS true, Americans don't do irony :-)
> >>
> >> Janet UK.
> >
> >LOL :-)
> >Janet US
>
> I wasn't being ironic, just speaking factual truth....

The irony is that you described yourself and your behaviour here to a
T, but have absolutely no awareness of it.

"Most men are too competitive, constantly having to outdo each other
> and boasting/exaggerating about everything. Even as adults they
> behave like kids playing sports. I find that most men
> are all mouth and no ears, there's never any conversation, it's all
> about their boring minutia, they are still like children constantly
> showing off their toy box.

Janet UK

U.S. Janet B.

Jun 24, 2019, 12:13:22 PM6/24/19
thank you Janet. I don't think there is an emoticon to cover the
above!
Janet US

darr...@aol.com

Mar 22, 2020, 1:35:19 AM3/22/20
Imagine being Jill's husband? eh One would obviously have to be Gentile. eh Otherwise she wouldn't let the poor shlub hear the end of it! eheheeee