Re: McDonalds: The Movie

Gary

Jan 9, 2017, 9:53:34 AM1/9/17
Sqwertz wrote:

> New movie coming out on the 20th about McDonalds founding and rise to
> fame that is supposed to be pretty good (not sure how it has 1,250
> reviews already). Apparently Ray Kroc may have been a huge asshole -
> just like many of their largest supporters.
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4276820/
>
> It's a movie about business, not about food. So those with no concept
> of how businesses are run will probably find this confusing and
> boring.
>
> -sw

Are they actually starting with showing it in theaters?
Yes they are, I see. Bound to be a box-office fail imo
but I'll bet many will watch it once it gets to cable tv.
I will.

When it comes to cable, I'll make sure to buy a huge
"Wimpy amount" of hamburgers to snack on while watching
the movie. lol

http://i68.tinypic.com/2vi12f8.jpg

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 9, 2017, 10:22:26 AM1/9/17
I've seen 3 or 4 commercials on tv advertising it.

Gary

Jan 9, 2017, 10:40:59 AM1/9/17
The commercials that I am so sick of seeing lately are all the:
- cancer kids
- the dogs and cats suffering

Seriously, I see these all the time. I now quickly change channels or
at least mute the tv.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 9, 2017, 1:53:21 PM1/9/17
I hear you! I especially see those at night and they're
e-v-e-r-y commercial that is aired. I usually pause the
DVR on whatever station I'm wanting to watch for about 30
minutes. Then I release the pause and can breeze through
those commercials in about 10 seconds on fast forward.

Nancy2

Jan 9, 2017, 2:05:41 PM1/9/17
The ones I am most sick of, I think were all done by the same really bad ad
agency: Wayfair, Active (nutritional product of some kind) and Mr. CLean.
In all of them, the actors all sing some stupid song, use pretend microphones,
and jump and dance around in a frenzy. NOBODY DOES THOSE THINGS!

Oh, two more on my mute list: the ones that say, "These are REAL PEOPLE,
NOT ACTORS." What, actors aren't real people? What are they, aliens? Robots?
The two most egregious are Chevrolet and Deal Dash.com. Puke material. One has
to wonder if the agencies used focus groups at all.

N.

Brooklyn1

Jan 9, 2017, 4:19:28 PM1/9/17
TIADers who love to eat at The Golden Arches (Gary) will probably buy
their own copy and watch it 24/7. Gary doesn't need a girlfriend, he
has a big crush on the McD Clown! LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDXX2PAfgLw

Jeßus

Jan 9, 2017, 4:36:29 PM1/9/17

jmcquown

Jan 9, 2017, 5:44:48 PM1/9/17
On 1/9/2017 10:39 AM, Gary wrote:

> The commercials that I am so sick of seeing lately are all the:
> - cancer kids
> - the dogs and cats suffering
>
> Seriously, I see these all the time. I now quickly change channels or
> at least mute the tv.

I tune out those commercials and pick up a book until they're done.
What gets me is the people who are in these commercials are allegedly
rich celbrities earning beaucoup bucks. You hear them touting causes
but did they actually hand over a bunch of money?

Jill

Brooklyn1

Jan 9, 2017, 11:16:05 PM1/9/17
On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 10:08:49 -0600, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Jan 2017 10:39:42 -0500, Gary wrote:
>
>> The commercials that I am so sick of seeing lately are all the:
>> - cancer kids
>> - the dogs and cats suffering
>
>I'm sick of that damned "adowable" kid and his shilling for St Jude
>Children's Hospital. They have already been busted for
>misrepresenting their financials to charity watch groups, and they
>still show over 300 commercials across all local and national TV
>stations every day. They also make it seem like the hospital if fully
>donation supported when it's not. Only 8% of the patients are
>uninsured, plus they get Federal grants.
>
>Enough with the deceptive St Judes Commercials.
>
>As for this thread, it was supposed to be posted to
>alt.food.fast-food, not RFC. At least it's kinda food related.
>
>> Seriously, I see these all the time. I now quickly change channels or
>> at least mute the tv.
>
>I'm using the 30-day free trial of the DirecTV Now streaming cable
>service to watch mostly commercial free TV to avoid all the damned
>commercials begging for money.
>
>-sw

Thanks for making a case for why I only donate for the welfare of
critters... I feed and care for feral cats, I feed birds, and I give
generously to AnimalKind.com. Not a cent is taken for salarys,
everyone working there is donating their time and efforts gratis.
Critters never steal, they have no pockets. I've yet to see a cat,
bird, or any critter take more than they can eat.
I've given to some people charities, they all steal... a big time
thief is christian children's fund... there are no children, not a
one.

Nancy2

Jan 10, 2017, 8:58:32 AM1/10/17
Jill, Betty White did some public service spots, and is a huge supporter of animal
welfare causes. So is Doris Day, but she is rarely seen in public nowadays (I think
she is still living) and Bridget Bardot. So there are a few, anyway, even if they aren't
in TV spots. I am willing to bet there are many who provide support that we never hear about.
Many celebs brag about their pets, though, and many of those are rescued from shelters.
Every time one of the current crop of stars goes on a TV show for any reason and talks
about their pets from a shelter, who knows how many viewers are inspired to look at their
local shelter when they want a new dog or cat?

N.

Brooklyn1

Jan 10, 2017, 5:33:55 PM1/10/17
On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 11:44:41 -0600, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Jan 2017 23:15:56 -0500, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> Thanks for making a case for why I only donate for the welfare of
>> critters... I feed and care for feral cats, I feed birds, and I give
>> generously to AnimalKind.com. Not a cent is taken for salarys,
>> everyone working there is donating their time and efforts gratis.
>
>I don't know where you get that idea. Every employee and vet there is
>drawing a salary, and with full benefits for full-timers. They are
>clearly a for profit veterinary hospital. There are no volunteers.
>
>Thanks for proving again that you're an idiot.

The dwarf couldn't find his way to the site, but no matter, even if he
found his way he can't read.

Roy

Jan 10, 2017, 6:01:19 PM1/10/17
Tsk, Tsk...not very nice on this family oriented forum.

Jeßus

Jan 11, 2017, 5:30:19 AM1/11/17
On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 15:01:14 -0800 (PST), Roy <wil...@outlook.com>
wrote:
Family orientated? What the fuck are you on about you silly cunt?

Bruce

Jan 11, 2017, 5:41:22 AM1/11/17
Maybe Roy considers everybody under the age of 70 as children.

Jeßus

Jan 11, 2017, 2:11:48 PM1/11/17
On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 21:41:16 +1100, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
Possibly. Either way, he doesn't get to tell me what I can and cannot
post. Anyone would think it was a pornographic image, LOL.

Roy

Jan 11, 2017, 2:48:33 PM1/11/17
I DO get to tell you what you can or can't post...BUT you don't have to OBEY...
you silly piece of shit.
I only mentioned the "family oriented" to get a rise out of your fetid carcass.
Piss off and die.
=====

Jeßus

Jan 11, 2017, 2:54:43 PM1/11/17
On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 11:48:30 -0800 (PST), Roy <wil...@outlook.com>
I figured out what your problem was all of a sudden yesterday. I said
something 'bad' about Canada, LOL :)

Mark Storkamp

Jan 11, 2017, 4:20:57 PM1/11/17
In article <eybks9295voq$.d...@sqwertz.com>,
Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> You're free to cite anything on that site that says the hospital is
> volunteer-staffed and supported VIA donations.
>
> Moron.
>
> -sw

In instead of animalkind.com they meant animalkind.org of North
Carolina, then they are in fact a charity. A quick look at their form
990 for 2014 shows total revenue including contributions and grants of
$468,292. 32 individuals employed and 50 volunteers (estimated if
necessary) and total salary and other employee compensations of
$317,016. With expenses exceeding revenue by $94,555. The executive
director, Martin Banning made $47,596 in reportable compensation. They
received government grants totaling $64,251. Paid $12K in office
expenses, $11k in travel. Not sure how much went to animals but there's
a line of about $87K in veterinary reimbursement. So that's around 18%.

The Greatest!

Jan 11, 2017, 4:23:00 PM1/11/17
Roy, you are a filthy - minded old bugger...nothing sordid at all about a natural sexual act.

--
Best
Greg

graham

Jan 11, 2017, 5:24:19 PM1/11/17
You should leave that to that 3rd rate "actress" Jane Fonda:-)

Jeßus

Jan 11, 2017, 8:38:01 PM1/11/17
On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 15:24:15 -0700, graham <gst...@shaw.ca> wrote:
She's still a thing?

graham

Jan 11, 2017, 8:56:13 PM1/11/17
Certainly a thing - but not of beauty or of joy forever:-)

Bruce

Jan 11, 2017, 9:06:17 PM1/11/17
On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 18:56:09 -0700, graham <gst...@shaw.ca> wrote:
Why are we supposed to hate her again? I forgot. Apart from
criticising Canada, of course. Unforgivable.

Brooklyn1

Jan 11, 2017, 9:18:54 PM1/11/17
On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 15:20:59 -0600, Mark Storkamp
<msto...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>In article <eybks9295voq$.d...@sqwertz.com>,
> Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 17:33:52 -0500, Brooklyn1 wrote:

>> > The dwarf couldn't find his way to the site, but no matter, even if he
>> > found his way he can't read.
>>
>> You're free to cite anything on that site that says the hospital is
>> volunteer-staffed and supported VIA donations.
>>
>> Moron.
>>
>> -sw
>

>In instead of animalkind.com they meant animalkind.org of North
>Carolina.

Animalkindny.com is located in Hudson, NY. Everyone who works there
including the Vets donates their time and efforts gratis, they rely
solely on donations and are a not for profit facility. They pimarily
care for feral/stray cats. No animal is destroyed.
http://www.animalkindny.com/animals/

jmcquown

Jan 12, 2017, 9:26:28 AM1/12/17
On 1/11/2017 9:18 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> Animalkindny.com is located in Hudson, NY. Everyone who works there
> including the Vets donates their time and efforts gratis, they rely
> solely on donations and are a not for profit facility. They pimarily
> care for feral/stray cats. No animal is destroyed.
> http://www.animalkindny.com/animals/

Sounds a lot like the House of Mews in Memphis. They operate purely on
donations and adoption fees and it is a no-kill facility. All the staff
and vet care is done on a volunteer basis. If not adopted, the cats
live their lives out there. They're not even caged (except for very
young kittens who have roomy cages). They just wander around inside,
lounging and playing.

I once found a stray cat (Persia would NOT have tolerated another cat in
the house). I took him to the House of Mews. They gave me paperwork to
take to a volunteer vet so he could be tested for FELV, no charge. The
bloodwork came back clean, the vet gave me a certificate and I took him
back over to HOM. He was a long-haired orange & white spotted cat. His
fur was matted and dirty. They bathed him, got him all cleaned up. He
had some trouble with diarrhea (who knows what he'd been eating) so the
vet got that cleared up. I kept tabs on him with the staff. He was
adopted within two weeks. :)

Jill

Mark Storkamp

Jan 12, 2017, 10:05:42 AM1/12/17
In article <jdkd7ch9rt6h26qss...@4ax.com>,
Ok, so in 2014 they had 14 employees and 17 volunteers. They paid
$141,625 in salaries and $329k in other expenses. Expenses exceeded
revenue by $6,407. Ms Hecker, the executive director had $26,500 in
reportable compensation. $92K went to medical/veterinary, $66k to
spay/neuter expenses, and $39K to animal supplies. Seems better than the
NC operation. But they still pay $142k in salaries.

Brooklyn1

Jan 12, 2017, 11:01:39 AM1/12/17
On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 09:05:44 -0600, Mark Storkamp
I've been to the facility, several times... for the size of that 24/7
operation I consider $142K free.

Mark Storkamp

Jan 12, 2017, 11:21:40 AM1/12/17
In article <so9f7c53jm4vahhor...@4ax.com>,
To quote what you wrote above: "Not a cent is taken for salarys,
everyone working there is donating their time and efforts gratis."

I just want to dispel the utopian myth that anybody lives for months at
a time off the dew of a single ginkgo leaf and the energy of the
universe. Nonprofit does not mean no paycheck. 30% of their revenue goes
to salaries.

Brooklyn1

Jan 12, 2017, 12:41:42 PM1/12/17
On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 10:21:40 -0600, Mark Storkamp
Perhaps that's relatively recently, probably since the onset of the
stinkin' obamination economy. I lot more folks used to make donations
and far fewer people were giving up their pets because they could no
longer afford to care for them. At a regular Vet it costs more than
$300 to have a cat spayed/neutered, at Animal Kind they ask only for a
$35 donation. Just yesterday I got my monthly cat food delivery from
Chewy.com; $425... pet food has about doubled in price since the onset
of the stinkin' obomination economy. Over the past eight years many
ordinary people foods at the market have nearly tripled in price...
eight years ago I paid $1.99/lb for top round, now it's regularly
$7.49/lb. In the past store brand turkeys were free at Thanksgiving
with a $25 purchase, This past Thanksgiving a store brand turkey was
59ข/lb with a $50 purchase. Why should a head of iceberg now cost
$2.19, eight years ago I'd regularly pay 59ข. I can give the same
results for every item on the grocery list.

Mark Storkamp

Jan 12, 2017, 12:46:53 PM1/12/17
In article <ahef7c9ckffuen6mk...@4ax.com>,
> 59¢/lb with a $50 purchase. Why should a head of iceberg now cost
> $2.19, eight years ago I'd regularly pay 59¢. I can give the same
> results for every item on the grocery list.

Don't you know that privatization and personal donations doesn't work?
Only government can do it properly </sarc>

jmcquown

Jan 12, 2017, 1:10:56 PM1/12/17
On 1/12/2017 12:41 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> and far fewer people were giving up their pets because they could no
> longer afford to care for them. At a regular Vet it costs more than
> $300 to have a cat spayed/neutered, at Animal Kind they ask only for a
> $35 donation.

(snippage)
Don't let him get your goat.

The Beaufort County Animal shelter is a no-kill facility with an annex
for cats and kittens. It's called 'The Tabby House', which is a play on
words. Tabby cats but also a form of lowcountry construction material
known as 'tabby'. Cement made with crushed oyster shells and lime mixed
with water.

At the Tabby House, $25 cat adoption fee includes spay/neuter, shots
*and* a microchip. Adoption is subject to references and background checks.

http://www.tabbyhousebeaufort.com/

And a caveat I found interesting: "All cats at Tabby House are indoor
cats."

Jill

Brooklyn1

Jan 12, 2017, 4:32:57 PM1/12/17
jmcquown wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> and far fewer people were giving up their pets because they could no
>> longer afford to care for them. At a regular Vet it costs more than
>> $300 to have a cat spayed/neutered, at Animal Kind they ask only for a
>> $35 donation.
>
>(snippage)
>Don't let him get your goat.

I don't concern myself with the MS boy, it likely doesn't have and has
never had a pet (fortunately for the critters), no pet would want to
live with such an ignorant uncaring dreck.

>The Beaufort County Animal shelter is a no-kill facility with an annex
>for cats and kittens. It's called 'The Tabby House', which is a play on
>words. Tabby cats but also a form of lowcountry construction material
>known as 'tabby'. Cement made with crushed oyster shells and lime mixed
>with water.
>
>At the Tabby House, $25 cat adoption fee includes spay/neuter, shots
>*and* a microchip. Adoption is subject to references and background checks.
>
>http://www.tabbyhousebeaufort.com/
>
>And a caveat I found interesting: "All cats at Tabby House are indoor
>cats."

I'm sure TabbyHouse is a great place, very much the same as
AnimalKind. There are cat lovers all over the US and so there are
many such places that care for cats. Cats don't ask much but they
certainly give much. Cats are natural hunters so are very much a
natural asset in farming communities. Cats do a great service by
keeping the rodent population down and the care centers do a
wonderfully good deed in keeping the stray cat population low.
Cats survive well in the wild but dogs don't last much more than 24
hours. I feel sorry for the pets that summer people obtain for their
kids but them abandon when they return to their big city apartments
that don't permit pets... I'd much rather that they abandond their
bratty good for nothing spoiled kids/spawn.

The Greatest!

Jan 12, 2017, 5:36:42 PM1/12/17
All the fools crowing about the "great Obama economy" that we've been left with, it's like being bequeathed a crock of air...there is *nothing* there...hopefully The Donald will enable a thriving economy again.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Obama is the most disappointing President of my lifetime, and I go back to Ike...

interestingly, mamy minority folks I talk to think the exact same...one guy said today, "We got taken in by an empty suit..."

--
Best
Greg

Nancy Young

Jan 12, 2017, 7:15:04 PM1/12/17
On 1/12/2017 5:36 PM, The Greatest! wrote:

> interestingly, mamy minority folks I talk to think the exact same...
> one guy said today, "We got taken in by an empty suit..

Ah, for the good old days like when he took office and we were in a
recession bordering on depression.

nancy

jmcquown

Jan 12, 2017, 7:15:26 PM1/12/17
There are too many people who buy animals gifts for their kids without a
thought as to who will wind up caring for them. Taking care of a pet is
a big responsibility. Around Easter time, take a look at some of the
shelters and see how many rabbits have been turned in.

There is an organization on Dataw (DIFF - Dataw Island Feline
Foundation) that is comprised of volunteers. That includes the vets who
volunteer their services. It's a TNR program. My cat Buffy was once a
feral - she was trapped and spayed as a youngster before her former
owner started feeding her and brought her inside. They notch the cat's
ears so they know which ones have been trapped and released. They get
fed regularly over by the tennis courts.

Jill

Brooklyn1

Jan 12, 2017, 8:12:38 PM1/12/17
>> 59?/lb with a $50 purchase. Why should a head of iceberg now cost
>> $2.19, eight years ago I'd regularly pay 59?. I can give the same
>> results for every item on the grocery list.
>

>All the fools crowing about the "great Obama economy" that we've been left with, it's like being bequeathed a crock of air...there is *nothing* there...hopefully The Donald will enable a thriving economy again.
>
>I've said it before and I'll say it again: Obama is the most disappointing President of my lifetime, and I go back to Ike...
>
>interestingly, mamy minority folks I talk to think the exact same...one guy said today, "We got taken in by an empty suit..."

I knew he was a LYING MORON the first time I heard that preach talker
speak... I'm positive he pinched himself each morning in disbelief he
was the POTUS. I'm 100% positive Michelle had to show that dummy how
to make babies with a turkey baster. Few black men have any idea
where babies come from, how else would all those black imbeciles come
up with the phrase "baby daddy"?

dsi1

Jan 12, 2017, 9:28:34 PM1/12/17
My prediction is that there will come a time when the average Trump supporter will be hit with the realization that they've made a serious mistake. It's going to hit like a lightning bolt out of the blue. Hopefully, I'm wrong. I'm hoping that the transition to another president will be slow and as smooth as can be expected. That would be nice.

As it goes, it had to turn out this way. If Hillary had won, this country would have been in flames.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 12, 2017, 10:27:57 PM1/12/17
On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 8:28:34 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

> My prediction is that there will come a time when the average Trump supporter will be hit with the realization that they've made a serious mistake. It's going to hit like a lightning bolt out of the blue. Hopefully, I'm wrong. I'm hoping that the transition to another president will be slow and as smooth as can be expected. That would be nice.
>
> As it goes, it had to turn out this way. If Hillary had won, this country would have been in flames.

I have no proof but I suspect a lot of people voted AGAINST
Hillary and not so much FOR Trump. Few of the people who
voted for Trump seriously believe that he is going to personally
improve their fortunes. Contrary to the smug, middle-class
media narrative, they aren't all barely educated idiots.

dsi1

Jan 12, 2017, 11:24:59 PM1/12/17
Either the Trump supporters are in for a rude awakening or I'm in for a pleasant surprise. In the end, it'll probably turn out alright i.e., we'll end up with a president better then Hillary or Trump. Or I could be completely wrong. :)

graham

Jan 12, 2017, 11:45:20 PM1/12/17
That ayatollah Pence? Surely you jest.

dsi1

Jan 13, 2017, 1:01:50 AM1/13/17
"Better" is a relative, not an absolute term so yes, no jest.

Mark Storkamp

Jan 13, 2017, 9:15:52 AM1/13/17
In article <7orf7cdoaltc7186m...@4ax.com>,
Brooklyn1 <grave...@verizon.net> wrote:

> I don't concern myself with the MS boy, it likely doesn't have and has
> never had a pet (fortunately for the critters), no pet would want to
> live with such an ignorant uncaring dreck.

"Not a cent is taken for salarys,
everyone working there is donating their time and efforts gratis."

I think you need to look that word 'ignorant' up in a dictionary. You
know, the big book with all the words in it.

U.S. Janet B.

Jan 13, 2017, 10:06:20 AM1/13/17
On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 20:12:32 -0500, Brooklyn1
You should be thrilled to death the next 4 years since you and Trump
share the same script writer -- there is no lie too big to tell

U.S. Janet B.

Jan 13, 2017, 10:09:29 AM1/13/17
On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:05:37 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
<ellor...@gmail.com> wrote:

>The ones I am most sick of, I think were all done by the same really bad ad
>agency: Wayfair, Active (nutritional product of some kind) and Mr. CLean.
>In all of them, the actors all sing some stupid song, use pretend microphones,
>and jump and dance around in a frenzy. NOBODY DOES THOSE THINGS!
>
>Oh, two more on my mute list: the ones that say, "These are REAL PEOPLE,
>NOT ACTORS." What, actors aren't real people? What are they, aliens? Robots?
>The two most egregious are Chevrolet and Deal Dash.com. Puke material. One has
>to wonder if the agencies used focus groups at all.
>
>N.

You actually listen and watch commercials and get annoyed? Get a book
or a Kindle and read through the commercials.
Janet US

U.S. Janet B.

Jan 13, 2017, 10:14:51 AM1/13/17
On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 17:44:40 -0500, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On 1/9/2017 10:39 AM, Gary wrote:
>>
>> The commercials that I am so sick of seeing lately are all the:
>> - cancer kids
>> - the dogs and cats suffering
>>
>> Seriously, I see these all the time. I now quickly change channels or
>> at least mute the tv.
>>
>I tune out those commercials and pick up a book until they're done.
>What gets me is the people who are in these commercials are allegedly
>rich celbrities earning beaucoup bucks. You hear them touting causes
>but did they actually hand over a bunch of money?
>
>Jill

I do watch the (Subaru?) commercials with the family of dogs driving
around in their car. I particularly like the one where Mrs. dog has
gone to the hairdresser and comes out with a babushka on her head --
obviously a bad do at the hairdresser. She gets in the car with hubby
dog and takes off the scarf for him to see and he obviously makes some
dumb male comment because you can hear her growl at him. I laugh
every time.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=subaru+dog+commercial&form=PRUSEN&pc=EUPP_U457&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&refig=bbc52f34c29c49fc90fda6fcdf61d53c&sp=2&ghc=1&qs=AS&pq=subaru+dog&sk=AS1&sc=8-10&cvid=bbc52f34c29c49fc90fda6fcdf61d53c
or
http://tinyurl.com/jj9bz2p
Janet US

Nancy2

Jan 13, 2017, 12:08:13 PM1/13/17
Janet, I always am reading a book while I watch TV. I seldom don't have a book
close at hand. It's just when I hear the start of those commercials, I have to grab
the remote and hit the mute button. It's annoying.

The Chevy ads are also in movie theaters, my grandson and I go to a lot of movies,
and it is always too dark to read...and there is no mute button there. ;-))

N.

graham

Jan 13, 2017, 12:47:43 PM1/13/17
Janet, I plonked that foul-mouthed git ages ago and after reading the
above, I can't understand why everyone on this group doesn't do the
same. He's despicable, with no redeeming features!!

Sqwertz

Jan 13, 2017, 2:46:38 PM1/13/17
On 1/12/2017 4:49 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Somebody who lies to us as much as Pussy Katz should be checked.

You should have your fucking head cut off and rendered in duck fat!

U.S. Janet B.

Jan 13, 2017, 3:02:36 PM1/13/17
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:47:38 -0700, graham <gst...@shaw.ca> wrote:
snip

>Janet, I plonked that foul-mouthed git ages ago and after reading the
>above, I can't understand why everyone on this group doesn't do the
>same. He's despicable, with no redeeming features!!

years ago he used to have some good info and I also stuck around
because of the garden. These days he sounds like an "old person."
Janet US

U.S. Janet B.

Jan 13, 2017, 3:04:34 PM1/13/17
I'm gonna send my husband over to you. You can compete to see who is
fastest with the remote mute. . . drives me nuts. ;)
Janet US

Sqwerts

Jan 13, 2017, 3:35:29 PM1/13/17
On 1/13/2017 10:47 AM, graham wrote:
> Janet, I plonked that foul-mouthed git ages ago and after reading the
> above, I can't understand why everyone on this group doesn't do the
> same. He's despicable, with no redeeming features!!

Shut your fucking canucklehead piehole, you dog-raping pile of SHIT!

Sqwerts

Jan 13, 2017, 3:45:06 PM1/13/17
On 1/13/2017 8:06 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> You should be thrilled to death the next 4 years since you and Trump
> share the same script writer -- there is no lie too big to tell

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/article126384814.html

Lockheed CEO tells Trump company will add 1,800 F-35 jobs in Fort Worth

Sqwerts

Jan 13, 2017, 3:53:09 PM1/13/17
On 1/12/2017 11:01 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>>> Either the Trump supporters are in for a rude awakening or I'm in for a pleasant surprise. In the end, it'll probably turn out alright i.e., we'll end up with a president better then Hillary or Trump. Or I could be completely wrong. :)
>>>
>> That ayatollah Pence? Surely you jest.
> "Better" is a relative, not an absolute term so yes, no jest.

Jest over THIS:

Sqwerts

Jan 13, 2017, 3:53:48 PM1/13/17
On 1/12/2017 9:45 PM, graham wrote:
>> Either the Trump supporters are in for a rude awakening or I'm in for
>> a pleasant surprise. In the end, it'll probably turn out alright i.e.,
>> we'll end up with a president better then Hillary or Trump. Or I could
>> be completely wrong. :)
>>
> That ayatollah Pence? Surely you jest.

Fuck off and shut your goddamned canuck piehole, you spaniel-felching
old git!

Sqwerts

Jan 13, 2017, 3:54:55 PM1/13/17
On 1/12/2017 8:27 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> Few of the people who
> voted for Trump seriously believe that he is going to personally
> improve their fortunes.

The ones in Texas do, you useless old cunt:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/article126384814.html

Sqwerts

Jan 13, 2017, 3:56:05 PM1/13/17
On 1/12/2017 7:28 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> My prediction is that there will come a time when the average Trump supporter will be hit with the realization that they've made
> a serious mistake. It's going to hit like a lightning bolt out of the blue.

Bullshit - UTTER FUCKING BULLSHIT!

Sqwerts

Jan 13, 2017, 3:58:08 PM1/13/17
On 1/12/2017 6:12 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> I've said it before and I'll say it again: Obama is the most disappointing President of my lifetime, and I go back to Ike...
>>
>> interestingly, mamy minority folks I talk to think the exact same...one guy said today, "We got taken in by an empty suit..."
> I knew he was a LYING MORON the first time I heard that preach talker
> speak... I'm positive he pinched himself each morning in disbelief he
> was the POTUS. I'm 100% positive Michelle had to show that dummy how
> to make babies with a turkey baster. Few black men have any idea
> where babies come from, how else would all those black imbeciles come
> up with the phrase "baby daddy"?

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Give 'em a heater and they sure know how to kill folks off.

Sqwerts

Jan 13, 2017, 4:00:02 PM1/13/17
Or for the ruination of black incomes, eh bitch?

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-blacks-poverty-education/2014/01/08/id/545866/

Black Americans have overwhelmingly supported Barack Obama in two
presidential elections, but they have fallen further behind during his
term in office, losing ground in measures of income, employment, and
education.

The national unemployment rate has dropped to 7 percent, but the jobless
rate for blacks has hardly moved since Obama took office, declining from
12.7 percent in 2009 to 12.5 percent, according to the latest Bureau of
Labor Statistics report.

And while the recession impacted all race and age groups' earnings,
blacks fared the worst.

Urgent: Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job
Performance? Vote Now in Urgent Poll

The poverty rate for blacks sharply increased, rising from 12 percent in
2008 to 16.1 percent Wednesday. Median income declined by 3.6 percent
for white households to $58,000, but fell 10.9 percent to $33,500 for
black households, Census Bureau figures show.

"The data is going to indicate sadly that when the Obama administration
is over, black people will have lost ground in every single leading
economic indicator category," Tavis Smiley, a black radio talk-show
host, said on Fox News in October. "On that regard, the president ought
to be held responsible."

While blacks turned out in record numbers to support Obama in 2012, many
are becoming more vocal about the lack of progress for African-Americans.

"I don't know how much he has done or how much his policies are
responsible for the current state of blacks in America. What I do know
is that we are worse off than we were when he came into office," Harry
Alford, president of the National Black Chamber of Commerce, told Newsmax.

At a conference at Howard University in early 2013, economist Dr.
Bernard Anderson, who still supports Obama, expressed a sense of
exasperation that has grown over the course of his presidency.

Anderson said: "He is not going to run again for anything. He does not
deserve a pass anymore. Let him not only find his voice but summon his
courage and use his political capital to address racial inequality. He
owes that to the African-American community.”

Alford said the administration could help blacks by addressing the 20
percent decline in small business lending, investing more in programs
that help prisoners transition into permanent jobs, and adopting
education policies that support alternatives, including charter schools.

Alford cited the Keystone pipeline as one example where the president
has rejected an issue that has support in Congress and could have a
positive impact on African-American employment, particularly in the
states through which the pipeline would run.

"There are lots of things he could do, but he has not done so," he said.
"He could start with opening up the Keystone pipeline. He could stop his
administration from trying to put the coal industry out of business and
he could just let business be business."

Early in his first term, Obama rejected assertions that he was
neglecting the black community as "simply factually not correct,"
claiming change could not come "overnight."

Speaking in April 2009 with American Urban Radio Network, Obama said: "I
can't pass laws that say I'm just helping black folks. I'm the president
of the entire United States. What I can do is make sure that I am
passing laws that help all people, particularly those who are most
vulnerable and most in need."

Especially disappointing is the lack of progress for blacks in education
since Obama took office, after strides were made during the previous decade.

"Gains under the Obama administration by all students range between
minimal and nonexistent, and the black-white gap on test scores
threatens to widen after having narrowed steadily over the previous nine
years," Paul E. Peterson, professor of government at Harvard University,
wrote in The Wall Street Journal.

Between 1999 and 2008, white 9-year-olds gained 11 points in math, while
black student performance rose by 13 points. In reading, black
performance gained 18 points. However, from 2008 to 2012 those gains
slowed, with scores rising just two points in each subject for
9-year-old African-Americans.

The education gap is even more prevalent in urban centers such as
Chicago. According to the 2013 National Report Card, the gap in
fourth-grade math test scores between black and white students widened
to 40 points — the largest gap since the national study began in 2003.

Nationally, only 52 percent of black males graduate from high school in
four years, according to the Schott Foundation's 2012 report.

Despite the troubled state of education in black communities, the Obama
administration has fought efforts to expand minority students' access to
school choice.

The most recent example is the lawsuit filed by the Justice Department
against Louisiana's tuition voucher program, which has produced record
gains for blacks and Hispanics.
The basis of Justice's opposition to the program was that it endangered
desegregation efforts in Louisiana, despite the fact that approximately
90 percent of the 6,700 children receiving vouchers are black.

Even the Washington Post editorial board criticized the decision,
stating that it represented a bid "to trap poor, black children in
ineffective schools."

The Obama administration's approach to education actually runs counter
to the growing support for education alternatives among black parents.

Urgent: Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job
Performance? Vote Now in Urgent Poll

A March 2012 multistate survey conducted by the Black Alliance for
Educational Options found that almost 90 percent of respondents agreed
that government should provide parents with as many choices as possible
to ensure that their child receives a good education. Half of those
surveyed — including seven in 10 in Mississippi — expressed support for
charter schools.

Alford agrees that if Obama were white, it is likely he would receive
more vocal criticism from the black community. Yet despite Obama's
failure to deliver on his promise of jobs and better economic
conditions, many African-Americans continue to show support, according
to opinion polls.

In a Dec. 10 survey conducted by Quinnipiac University, Obama had an
overall approval rating of 39 percent. However, his approval was 85
percent among black voters, which eclipsed the 76 percent approval from
Democrats as a whole but was lower than the 93 percent of blacks who
voted for Obama over Mitt Romney in 2012.

Orlando Watson, Republican National Committee communications director
for black media, says the dissatisfaction within the community presents
an opportunity for Republican candidates.

After the 2012 election, the RNC began building a grass-roots network to
connect with minority business and community leaders across the nation.
Watson said they have organizations in 10 states so far, including
Louisiana, Texas, Michigan, and Ohio, and plan to broaden the effort in
the next year.

Watson told Newsmax: "For too long Democrats have taken their votes for
granted, so what we are doing is working hard on the ground and in the
community to show there is a choice and an alternative to the policies
that have failed generations."

Sqwerts

Jan 13, 2017, 4:25:32 PM1/13/17
On 1/12/2017 9:28 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> But it just goes to show more of your lying habits.

Stalk any more women off the net, fat boi?

Sqwerts

Jan 13, 2017, 4:45:23 PM1/13/17
On 1/13/2017 1:02 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> These days he sounds like an "old person."
> Janet US

Why did you post a pic of your daughter being groped by Klintoon and
pretend it was of you?

Sqwerts

Jan 13, 2017, 4:45:56 PM1/13/17
On 1/13/2017 1:04 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> I'm gonna send my husband over to you. You can compete to see who is
> fastest with the remote mute. . . drives me nuts. ;)
> Janet US

You mean the lucky SOB has found a way to silence you?

Awesome.

Roy

Jan 13, 2017, 4:47:03 PM1/13/17
On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 2:23:00 PM UTC-7, The Greatest! wrote:
> Roy wrote:
>
> > On Monday, January 9, 2017 at 2:36:29 PM UTC-7, Jeßus wrote:

> > > Not quite, here's Gary showing his worship of Ronald:
> > >
> > > http://www.darlin.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/darlin_mcdonald-statue-another-blowjob.jpg
> >
> > Tsk, Tsk...not very nice on this family oriented forum.
>

> Roy, you are a filthy - minded old bugger...nothing sordid at all about a natural sexual act.
>

> --
> Best
> Greg

For some people there is NO sex that isn't NATURAL including RAPE.
====

Sqwerts

Jan 13, 2017, 4:51:09 PM1/13/17
On 1/13/2017 2:46 PM, Roy wrote:
> For some people there is NO sex that isn't NATURAL including RAPE.
> ====

When you do the farm animals is it legally called rape?

Roy

Jan 13, 2017, 5:12:01 PM1/13/17
Only when they don't give permission either vocally or in written form.
Ahahahahahahahaha

Sqwerts

Jan 13, 2017, 5:20:34 PM1/13/17
On 1/13/2017 3:11 PM, Roy wrote:
> On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 2:51:09 PM UTC-7, Sqwerts wrote:
>> On 1/13/2017 2:46 PM, Roy wrote:
>>> For some people there is NO sex that isn't NATURAL including RAPE.
>>> ====
>>
>> When you do the farm animals is it legally called rape?
>
> Only when they don't give permission

You ASK them?

Wow.

Ophelia

Jan 14, 2017, 6:05:51 AM1/14/17
"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
================

LOL Brilliant:))) Thanks for posting:)))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Nancy2

Jan 14, 2017, 8:39:03 AM1/14/17
Janet, that makes me laugh. We all used to make fun of my dad because
he just about had the mute button worn out. For sure, the word "mute" was
long gone. But he was a music professor, so most of his problem with
commercials was something wrong with the accompanying music. ;-))

N.

jmcquown

Jan 14, 2017, 9:54:13 AM1/14/17
On 1/13/2017 10:14 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> I do watch the (Subaru?) commercials with the family of dogs driving
> around in their car. I particularly like the one where Mrs. dog has
> gone to the hairdresser and comes out with a babushka on her head --
> obviously a bad do at the hairdresser. She gets in the car with hubby
> dog and takes off the scarf for him to see and he obviously makes some
> dumb male comment because you can hear her growl at him. I laugh
> every time.
> http://tinyurl.com/jj9bz2p
> Janet US

But does the commercial make you want to buy a Subaru or (rather) adopt
a dog? Hmmmm? ;)

Jill

U.S. Janet B.

Jan 14, 2017, 12:06:01 PM1/14/17
I'm with your dad, especially when the chosen personality renders the
National Anthem. :(
Janet US

U.S. Janet B.

Jan 14, 2017, 12:11:58 PM1/14/17
On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 09:54:09 -0500, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
well, I do remember the sponsor after a lot of effort. My husband and
I will share fun commercials (dogs and cows preferred, followed by
cats) that we have seen and our oft repeated phrase is 'I don't know
who the sponsor is'. :)))
Janet US

Dave Smith

Jan 14, 2017, 1:42:31 PM1/14/17
On 2017-01-14 12:05 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> I'm with your dad, especially when the chosen personality renders the
> National Anthem. :(

There is a disappointing trend toward massacring the national anthem.
They get pop singers who think that sliding up and down into notes is
better than actually being able to hit a note in one shot.

Check out this version of O Canada sung by Nelly Furtado, accompanied by
some guy playing some random tune in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG0rci3WhDU

Sqwerts

Jan 14, 2017, 1:55:08 PM1/14/17
On 1/14/2017 11:43 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> Check out this version of O Canada sung by Nelly Furtado

FUCK CANADUH!

U.S. Janet B.

Jan 14, 2017, 2:23:00 PM1/14/17
Do I really want to? I mean, bad stuff really hurts my ears in a real
sense, I mean ouch-ee! I was completely surprised the other day when
watching an episode of "Bones", Cyndi Lauper sang for the wedding. She
has an amazing voice and true. From her earlier days I would never
have guessed she had a voice.
Janet US

U.S. Janet B.

Jan 14, 2017, 2:27:18 PM1/14/17
On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 13:43:54 -0500, Dave Smith
<adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

I did listen.
she has a very narrow mid-range voice that I assume is compensated by
a backup music group and the control room. I hate those reaches,
shudder.
Janet US

graham

Jan 14, 2017, 2:51:29 PM1/14/17
She may have slaughtered it but it is a dirge in the first place. I
detest all national anthems, for the sentiments expressed, and it's long
past the time when they should have stopped singing them at every sports
game.

Jeßus

Jan 14, 2017, 3:26:04 PM1/14/17
<adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>On 2017-01-14 12:05 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> I'm with your dad, especially when the chosen personality renders the
>> National Anthem. :(
>
>There is a disappointing trend toward massacring the national anthem.
>They get pop singers who think that sliding up and down into notes is
>better than actually being able to hit a note in one shot.

So true. It sounds absolutely unbearable when they do that.

Jeßus

Jan 14, 2017, 3:27:49 PM1/14/17
On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 12:51:29 -0700, graham <gst...@shaw.ca> wrote:

>I detest all national anthems, for the sentiments expressed,

I can agree with that.

Jeßus

Jan 14, 2017, 3:32:30 PM1/14/17
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 08:14:45 -0700, U.S. Janet B. <J...@nospam.com>
wrote:

>I do watch the (Subaru?) commercials with the family of dogs driving
>around in their car. I particularly like the one where Mrs. dog has
>gone to the hairdresser and comes out with a babushka on her head --
>obviously a bad do at the hairdresser. She gets in the car with hubby
>dog and takes off the scarf for him to see and he obviously makes some
>dumb male comment because you can hear her growl at him. I laugh
>every time.
>http://www.bing.com/search?q=subaru+dog+commercial&form=PRUSEN&pc=EUPP_U457&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&refig=bbc52f34c29c49fc90fda6fcdf61d53c&sp=2&ghc=1&qs=AS&pq=subaru+dog&sk=AS1&sc=8-10&cvid=bbc52f34c29c49fc90fda6fcdf61d53c
>or
>http://tinyurl.com/jj9bz2p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK5rF7NjrVA

graham

Jan 14, 2017, 3:43:31 PM1/14/17

Sqwerts

Jan 14, 2017, 3:44:21 PM1/14/17
On 1/14/2017 12:51 PM, graham wrote:
> I detest all national anthems, for the sentiments expressed,

You are a total SHITBAG of a person!

You have NO REDEEMING QUALITIES AT ALL!

DROP FUCKING DEAD!

Bruce

Jan 14, 2017, 3:47:40 PM1/14/17
They're quite tribal.

Jeßus

Jan 14, 2017, 3:48:53 PM1/14/17
On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 13:43:31 -0700, graham <gst...@shaw.ca> wrote:
Good 'ol Spike :)

Sqwerts

Jan 14, 2017, 3:49:11 PM1/14/17
Of course you can, you rabbit-killing anarchist WOG!

DIE SOON ASSHOLE!

Jeßus

Jan 14, 2017, 3:53:24 PM1/14/17
On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 07:47:35 +1100, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
I find it somewhat mindless.

Gary

Jan 14, 2017, 4:24:28 PM1/14/17
Worthless trivia but interesting to me -
Cindi Lauper is 5 days older than me. That's close.

lucreti...@fl.it

Jan 14, 2017, 4:34:47 PM1/14/17
On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 13:43:54 -0500, Dave Smith
<adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

I'd put that on the same page as Rosie O'Donnell (?) singing the US
anthem a few years back.

Jeßus

Jan 14, 2017, 4:45:25 PM1/14/17
Check out some of the auditory crimes of Meatloaf:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L-D6zj5U1g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZdiaFXW2U8
He was paid $500000 for this one!

Ophelia

Jan 14, 2017, 5:00:22 PM1/14/17

On 2017-01-14 1:27 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 12:51:29 -0700, graham <gst...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>> I detest all national anthems, for the sentiments expressed,
>
> I can agree with that.
==========

<g> I remember when I was very young, we always stood in the cinema when it
was played at the end of the evening.

As we got older we used to get out before it started, because once it ha,s
you were stuck there until it had finished:))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Sqwerts

Jan 14, 2017, 5:37:07 PM1/14/17
You're quite a monumental ASSWIPE.

Sqwerts

Jan 14, 2017, 5:38:38 PM1/14/17
You are totally mindless.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 14, 2017, 6:06:33 PM1/14/17
Maybe it's Roseanne Barr you're thinking of?

lucreti...@fl.it

Jan 14, 2017, 7:55:53 PM1/14/17
Whhhyyy?????

lucreti...@fl.it

Jan 14, 2017, 7:58:13 PM1/14/17
On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 21:56:50 -0000, "Ophelia" <OphEl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>"graham" wrote in message news:o5e2eh$4vc$1...@dont-email.me...
>
>On 2017-01-14 1:27 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 12:51:29 -0700, graham <gst...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> I detest all national anthems, for the sentiments expressed,
>>
>> I can agree with that.
>==========
>
><g> I remember when I was very young, we always stood in the cinema when it
>was played at the end of the evening.
>
>As we got older we used to get out before it started, because once it ha,s
>you were stuck there until it had finished:))

I remember during the war if Mr. Churchill or the king came on the
radio my grandmother insisted we (kids) stood at attention for the
duration. I always thought it unfair the adults didn't have to but
back then, you did as you were told and it would have been risky to
ask why :)

Bruce

Jan 14, 2017, 7:59:17 PM1/14/17
That's risky to ask.

lucreti...@fl.it

Jan 14, 2017, 8:03:04 PM1/14/17
That could be, whomever, she was never one I watched but she had some
sort of comedy show. Think it was at a baseball game.

Bruce

Jan 14, 2017, 8:18:36 PM1/14/17
Which I liked better than much cheasier stuff, such as Growing Pains
or Full House.

> Think it was at a baseball game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls1YVhcLD2c&list=RDls1YVhcLD2c

She didn't pursue this career. Apparently, she now has a macadamia
farm in Hawaii.

Jeßus

Jan 14, 2017, 9:32:36 PM1/14/17
On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 20:55:49 -0400, lucreti...@fl.it wrote:

Dunno. IMO he should have paid THEM for pain and suffering.

lucreti...@fl.it

Jan 15, 2017, 7:14:14 AM1/15/17
On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 12:18:20 +1100, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid>
That was the one I was thinking of, terrible. Nut farmer? Very
appropriate lol

Nancy2

Jan 15, 2017, 8:46:48 AM1/15/17
Lucretia, it was Rosanne Barr who massacred the anthem. I don't know that
Rosie O'Donnell ever sang it (but she is famous for being in a war of words with
Trump years ago).

N.

jmcquown

Jan 15, 2017, 8:55:08 AM1/15/17
On 1/14/2017 2:22 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 13:43:54 -0500, Dave Smith
> <adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>>
>> Check out this version of O Canada sung by Nelly Furtado, accompanied by
>> some guy playing some random tune in the background.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG0rci3WhDU
>>

> Do I really want to? I mean, bad stuff really hurts my ears in a real
> sense, I mean ouch-ee! I was completely surprised the other day when
> watching an episode of "Bones", Cyndi Lauper sang for the wedding. She
> has an amazing voice and true. From her earlier days I would never
> have guessed she had a voice.
> Janet US

What did she sing? I'm fond of her version of 'At Last':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhRTUbv5J_Q

Jill
It is loading more messages.