Fridge humidity control drawers

Cheryl

Nov 21, 2015, 7:00:53 PM11/21/15
I've never really paid much attention to these settings that are on my
newest fridge but I looked them up and if you're like me and never
bothered to pay attention, this guide might be helpful.

http://www.thekitchn.com/what-to-store-in-your-refrigerator-humidity-drawers-tips-from-the-kitchn-178094

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl

MaryL

Nov 21, 2015, 7:34:44 PM11/21/15
Thanks, Cheryl. I have had a fridge with those drawers for several
years (also a meat-storage drawer with a divider for cheese). It works
well. However, I never put cauliflower in one of the drawers because it
takes up too much space. Instead, I have one of those round
cabbage/cauliflower containers, and that works well. I also do not keep
my apples in the fridge, although I would if I wanted to keep them for a
long time. I live alone and only buy a few apples at a time. I keep
them in a bowl on the counter so I can pick one up whenever I want it.
I only put bananas in the fridge if they are approaching the stage where
they will be overly ripe.

MaryL

Cheryl

Nov 21, 2015, 7:44:59 PM11/21/15
MaryL <stan...@invalid.yahoo.com> Wrote in message:
There were a few things on the list that I don't refrigerate
either. I noticed potatoes were not on either list so most people
probably don't refrigerate those but I do. I looked it up mostly
because I bought some spinach today for a dish I'll prepare
Wednesday night for thanksgiving.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Xeno

Nov 21, 2015, 8:27:31 PM11/21/15
We have only one large humidity drawer. You cane select either high or
low but you can't have both at the same time... unfortunately.
At least the above gives me a clue as to what I can safely put in there
- we tend to favour the low humidity setting.

--

Xeno

Hidalgo

Nov 21, 2015, 8:57:10 PM11/21/15
Obama: best Ever since Clinton. Sound social beliefs, governs for all.
He was able to deliver health care where Clinton tried but couldn't. If
he can get ahead on Gun reform he will be the best ever. And so far no
real scandals. Except what is his true nationality? Where did they get
that one from? Freaks? Go Obama!

Hidalgo

Nov 21, 2015, 8:57:51 PM11/21/15

Hidalgo

Nov 21, 2015, 9:00:05 PM11/21/15

Hidalgo

Nov 21, 2015, 9:01:00 PM11/21/15

Julie Bove

Nov 22, 2015, 6:00:11 AM11/22/15

"Cheryl" <jlhs...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I wish I had them. I don't. :( When I got the new fridge I had only one
option. Don't know what I will do when this one dies. Might have to locate
it outside of the kitchen as I don't think they make this size any more and
I certainly don't want to go smaller. My MIL had them and they were great!

lucreti...@fl.it

Nov 22, 2015, 8:05:12 AM11/22/15
I have a cloth bag with black lining for spuds that hangs in a
cupboard, does a great job.

Currently I have a whole lot of spring bulbs in one of the drawers,
must check out the dates written on them and see if any are ready to
go :)

cshenk

Nov 22, 2015, 9:04:53 AM11/22/15
Cheryl wrote in rec.food.cooking:
Thanks! I hadn't really thought about it much.

cshenk

Nov 22, 2015, 9:07:52 AM11/22/15
MaryL wrote in rec.food.cooking:
I only put bananas in the freezer and that's when they escaped getting
eaten in time (rare here). In the freezer, they get peeled and mashed
then in baggies for making bread. They work better in bread when over
ripe.

cshenk

Nov 22, 2015, 9:09:16 AM11/22/15
Cheryl wrote in rec.food.cooking:
I used to keep some potatoes in the fridge but now I have a proper
potato bin (top section, potatoes, bottom, onions). This works welll
for us and normally keeps them until the bag is done.

cshenk

Nov 22, 2015, 9:10:33 AM11/22/15
lucreti...@fl.it wrote in rec.food.cooking:
Hi Lucretia, you mean like flower bulbs? My Mom used to do that too.

Cheryl

Nov 22, 2015, 9:18:18 AM11/22/15
"cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> Wrote in message:
I have too. I still don't have much luck with bulbs. Something
chows
down on them.

cshenk

Nov 22, 2015, 9:18:39 AM11/22/15
Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:
I think I recall a picture of it? Tall and thin slot right? I have
the opposite problem. I cabinet extension over the fridge spot that is
somewhat shorter than I'd like.

I've been checking on a new fridge and know a fair number of the larger
units are too tall to fit. I can still find one mind you, just have to
be careful so my selection is a little limited.

My current fridge was bought about 1998 (left with the renters when I
was in Japan and has some damage but working still).

Cheryl

Nov 22, 2015, 9:20:53 AM11/22/15
"cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> Wrote in message:
Since both drawers have independent controls I figured there must
be a reason and just finally looked it up. Lol

Gary

Nov 22, 2015, 9:38:09 AM11/22/15
Julie Bove wrote:

> Don't know what I will do when this one dies. Might have to locate
> it outside of the kitchen as I don't think they make this size any more and
> I certainly don't want to go smaller.

Relocating your fridge in another room isn't so nice. I'm sure you can
find one that will fit but if not it might be worth taking out a few
inches of cabinet/counter space. Since you evidently have such a tiny
kitchen (and still pics are requested so we can see what you are
talking about). Also, since you have such a small kitchen, you should
never think about buying some nifty bells&whistles fridge.

I have a small one in my small kitchen and it's fine. I've adjusted to
the size.
The exterior size of mine is:
- 62" tall
- 28" wide
- 28" deep + an inch or two for the back coils

My top freezer interior space is:
- 23" wide
- 16" tall
- 16" deep (plus door-shelf space)

It's small but I have adjusted to it fine. Good for me as a single but
I'm sure it wouldn't be so good for a family.

lucreti...@fl.it

Nov 22, 2015, 9:45:39 AM11/22/15
If you want indoor flowering bulbs, paper whites, hyacinths, narcissi,
they need a chill period to be gloriously spectacular around Xmas
time.

lucreti...@fl.it

Nov 22, 2015, 9:47:13 AM11/22/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 09:18:14 -0500 (EST), Cheryl
Outside both deer and squirrels love them, best resort to that is
plant daffodils - neither like those, must not taste good.

Cheryl

Nov 22, 2015, 9:49:39 AM11/22/15
Gary <g.ma...@att.net> Wrote in message:
My new one fits in the width and hight of the space the old one
was in but the depth of it makes it stick out a little further
than the cabinets. I've gotten used to it and it doesn't look too
bad.

cshenk

Nov 22, 2015, 10:37:17 AM11/22/15
Ah, yes! I have a fairly brown thumb for such though I do well enough
with container gardens for basic lettuce, tomatoes, herbs and so on.

Carol

Dave Smith

Nov 22, 2015, 11:18:34 AM11/22/15
On 2015-11-22 9:18 AM, Cheryl wrote:

>>> Currently I have a whole lot of spring bulbs in one of the drawers,
>>> must check out the dates written on them and see if any are ready to
>>> go :)
>>
>> Hi Lucretia, you mean like flower bulbs? My Mom used to do that too.
>>

> I have too. I still don't have much luck with bulbs. Something
> chows
> down on them.

What kind of bulbs are you talking about. There are some that stay in
the ground and multiply and there are some that have to be dug up and
dried out. Event those that can stay in the ground can be dug up and
thinned out or replanted. Tulips, daffodils and hyacinth bulbs should be
planted in the fall and will pop up in the spring. Dahlias are planted
in the spring and have to be removed before the cold.

We used to have tons of tulips, daffodils and narcissus every spring
when he had cats. We have not had cats for years, so we have squirrels,
and those tree rats dig up the bulbs for food.

lucreti...@fl.it

Nov 22, 2015, 11:39:17 AM11/22/15
I'm talking about bulbs that I buy in the garden store but that I take
home and store in a paper bag in the fridge for about 4-6 weeks. They
can then be used to provide indoor blooms - hyacinth look lovely in
glasses specially made for the purpose and old bowls with gravel for
paperwhites and narcissi. The bulbs can be planted out the next
spring and usually recover and start blooming the year after.

Indoors they still need a cool period which is why they go in the
fridge. For us up here, having them blooming inside the house long
before the outside ones will come up, is pretty much divine :)

el pie de Onate

Nov 22, 2015, 12:14:17 PM11/22/15
lucreti...@fl.it wrote:
> pretty much divine:)

STFU, you slackwitted old WHORE!

Bodine pissant

Nov 22, 2015, 12:18:04 PM11/22/15
cshenk wrote:
> I have a fairly brown thumb

Up yer arse all the time?

It's CLOBBERING time!

Nov 22, 2015, 12:19:17 PM11/22/15
Cheryl wrote:
> I've gotten used to it and it doesn't look too
> bad.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/trail/inside/cron.html

Dec. 14, 1999 + Ressam arrested near Seattle

Ressam says that on the morning of Dec. 14, he called Meskini and told
him he would be in Seattle that evening. That afternoon, he took a ferry
from Victoria, B.C., to Port Angeles, Wash., with more than 100 pounds
of explosives stashed in the wheelbed of the trunk of his rental car.
His accomplice, Dahoumane, did not travel with him.

At Victoria, U.S. immigration pre-clearance agents were mildly
suspicious of Ressam. They made him open his trunk, but saw nothing. He
presented his fake Canadian passport, and the computer check turned up
no previous convictions or warrants in the name of Benni Noris. Ressam
drove his rental car, with its concealed bomb, onto the ferry heading
for Washington state. Upon his arrival at Port Angeles, a U.S. customs
agent became suspicious of his hesitant answers to her questions, and
she asked for identification. Agents began searching the car. As they
discovered the explosive materials -- which they at first took to be
drugs -- in the trunk of the car, Ressam tried to run away. He was
caught and arrested.

Aftermath and Sept. 11, 2001

After Ressam's arrest was televised, an urgent call to Meskini came from
Haouari in Montreal. Haouari was recorded telling Meskini to change his
phone number, beeper, and cell phone and to leave immediately. Police
watched as Meskini ripped up airline receipts and bank machine slips and
threw them into a nearby dumpster. The FBI retrieved the evidence, and
both men were arrested hours later. Meskini entered into a plea
agreement in which he admitted conspiring with Ressam and testified
against him at trial. Haouari was extradited to the U.S. from Canada and
put on trial in New York.

On April 6, 2001, after a four-week trial in U.S. District Court in Los
Angeles, Ressam was convicted of nine counts, including conspiracy to
commit an international terrorist act, explosives smuggling, and lying
to customs officials. Facing up to 130 years in prison, Ressam agreed to
cooperate with prosecutors, providing information about his activities
and those of his terrorist network. As part of the agreement, he
testified against Haouari at trial. His sentencing has been postponed
until February 2002. Also on April 6, Ressam was convicted in absentia
in France and sentenced to five years for conspiring to commit terrorist
acts there.

Abdelmajid Dahoumane escaped to Afghanistan. The U.S. State Department
issued a reward of up to $5 million for information leading to his
arrest and conviction. He was later caught by Algerian security forces
and convicted on terrorism-related charges there.

Just days after the terrorist attacks in the U.S. on Sept. 11, 2001,
investigators interrogated Ressam at the federal detention center near
Seattle. They reportedly showed him pictures of the 19 hijackers. He
said he knew none of them but did provide other names of people in
so-called "sleeper cells" in North America. Ressam has also added
significant new information about Al Qaeda's interest in chemical and
biological weapons.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/u-s-canada-terror-attack-foiled-article-1.1324305

U.S. and Canada foil Al Qaeda terrorist plot to derail New York to
Toronto passenger train, two suspects arrested
The suspects, who had planned the attacks more than a year, appear
unrelated to the Boston Marathon bombers.

Two suspected Al Qaeda terrorists were busted Monday in Canada before
they could wreak havoc on the rails by blowing up a New York-to-Toronto
passenger train.

el pie de Onate

Nov 22, 2015, 12:19:37 PM11/22/15
lucreti...@fl.it wrote:
> must not taste good.

STFU whore!

Hidalgo

Nov 22, 2015, 12:20:42 PM11/22/15
lucreti...@fl.it wrote:
> If you want indoor flowering bulbs,

Stick your thumb in the socket and turn it on, cunt!

Hidalgo

Nov 22, 2015, 12:21:38 PM11/22/15

Hidalgo

Nov 22, 2015, 12:22:03 PM11/22/15

Hidalgo

Nov 22, 2015, 12:23:28 PM11/22/15

Hidalgo

Nov 22, 2015, 12:23:57 PM11/22/15

It's CLOBBERING time!

Nov 22, 2015, 12:24:34 PM11/22/15

Hidalgo

Nov 22, 2015, 12:26:22 PM11/22/15

Hidalgo

Nov 22, 2015, 12:28:02 PM11/22/15

Hidalgo

Nov 22, 2015, 12:29:49 PM11/22/15
cshenk wrote:
> I hadn't really thought about it much.
Like everything else in your pathetic life.

It's CLOBBERING time!

Nov 22, 2015, 12:30:10 PM11/22/15

Bodine pissant

Nov 22, 2015, 12:30:29 PM11/22/15
cshenk wrote:
> keeps them until the bag is done.

STFU, cunt!

Hidalgo

Nov 22, 2015, 12:30:45 PM11/22/15

It's CLOBBERING time!

Nov 22, 2015, 12:40:07 PM11/22/15
Dave Smith wrote:
> tree rats dig up the bulbs

http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/19/barack-obama-worst-president-ever/

I still remember a lot of people telling me in 2006 that George W. Bush
was the “worst president ever.”

They had no idea what they were talking about. This is what the “worst
president ever” looks like. In his response to the attacks in Paris,
Barack Obama has shown us a leader who is not just inadequate to his
core responsibilities, but contemptuous of them.

It started Friday night with his first statement about the attacks. He
was perfunctory, devoid of content, and utterly listless. His delivery
was flat and without affect — expressing neither outrage nor sorrow —
giving the impression that he had no desire to be in front of the
cameras or to make any comment at all.

The administration’s reaction has only gotten worse as it has had more
days to respond. On Tuesday, Secretary of State John Kerry let out the
howler that the terrorist attack in France earlier this year — wiping
out the headquarters of a satirical magazine that had offended radical
Muslims — was kind of understandable.

There’s something different about what happened from Charlie Hebdo, and
I think everybody would feel that. There was a sort of particularized
focus and perhaps even a legitimacy in terms of—not a legitimacy, but a
rationale that you could attach yourself to somehow and say, okay,
they’re really angry because of this and that. This Friday was
absolutely indiscriminate. It wasn’t to aggrieve one particular sense of
wrong. It was to terrorize people.
To be sure, this sentiment didn’t come from Obama himself. But he hired
Kerry, who has a record of making horribly insensitive statements. He is
the same guy who thought a James Taylor song was an appropriate response
to the Charlie Hebdo massacre — and Obama apparently agreed that this
would make up for skipping out on an international unity rally in
support of France. So maybe we know now why the administration couldn’t
really get mobilized to show support for Charlie Hebdo: deep down, they
thought the magazine had it coming.

Obama’s administration can’t even get the easy, symbolic stuff right.
But the real problem is the substance of his response.

Obama can’t even get the easy, symbolic stuff right.
That brings us to Obama’s petty, peevish press conference on Monday.
This is the president who infamously dismissed the Islamic State as the
junior varsity squad and described it as “contained” just hours before
the attacks in Paris. So naturally, he faced a flurry of questions
challenging him on that. At which point, as Politico put it, “he
appeared to lose patience with repeated questions about whether he
underestimated the threat of the terror network.”

Even Democrats are concerned that “at times he was patronizing, at other
times he seemed annoyed and almost dismissive.” Nothing was more
dismissive than this comment:

If folks want to pop off and have opinions about what they think they
would do, present a specific plan. If they think that somehow their
advisors are better than the Chairman of my Joint Chiefs of Staff and
the folks who are actually on the ground, I want to meet them. And we
can have that debate. But what I’m not interested in doing is posing or
pursuing some notion of American leadership or America winning, or
whatever other slogans they come up with that has no relationship to
what is actually going to work to protect the American people, and to
protect people in the region who are getting killed, and to protect our
allies and people like France. I’m too busy for that.
This was supposed to show that he doesn’t give a damn what his critics
think, but it just shows that he doesn’t give a damn. This is the point
inadvertently made by a blogger who praised him and put the issue in no
uncertain terms, though I have bowdlerized it a bit to make it
publishable on a family website.

We’ve kinda suspected it before, but President Obama genuinely gives no
[damns] at this point. He is [damn] devoid. [Damn] deficient. [Damn]
deprived. [Damn] destitute. His cupboard of [damns] is barren; his tank
of [damns] has been depleted. You know how, on cloudy nights, you might
look up into the vast and endless sky and not find any stars? The same
thing would happen if you looked at Obama and searched for [damns]. And
this, this total absence of [damns], is where pop off came from.”
This is supposed to make Obama “cool,” I guess, because it shows that he
is defying the “haters” — those “haters” being his critics back home,
not the guys shooting people on the streets of Paris. But it actually
shows contempt for pretty much everybody. It’s contemptuous of some of
his political allies, like Dianne Feinstein, who are concerned that the
Islamic State is “not contained.” It’s contemptuous of the reporters who
are asking him good, tough questions. And it’s contemptuous of the
American people, who are suddenly concerned that attacks like the one in
Paris are going to start happening in our own cities and who want some
kind of reassurance that the president of the United States is on the
job. They don’t want to be told that they are just “popping off,” or
that the president isn’t taking their concerns seriously.

When Obama thinks of empty slogans, he thinks of ‘America winning.’
What they really want to hear is that America is leading and America is
going to win. And Obama told us that he is above such petty concerns.
Sure, he phrases it as opposition to empty sloganeering, but it’s
revealing that when he thinks of empty slogans, he thinks of “America
winning.”

So was this also empty sloganeering?

You ask, what is our policy? I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land
and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give
us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the
dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask,
what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all
costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard
the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.

Because that’s the sort of thing we need our president to say — and not
just to say it, but to mean it.

We’ve had presidents before who made big mistakes. I remember George W.
Bush, who messed up the occupation of Iraq (but fought like hell to
recover). We’ve had presidents who were incompetent and inadequate. I
remember Jimmy Carter and Desert One, his bungled response to the Iran
hostage crisis. But I don’t know that we’ve ever had a president who
didn’t really care about America winning — and who announced it to the
public.

To realize how seriously he takes this, consider the detail with which
he describes his basic discomfort with the core responsibility of the
commander-in-chief. In response to suggestions (which, in his typical
style, he exaggerated) to increase our efforts against the Islamic
State, he responded:

Let’s assume that we were to send 50,000 troops into Syria. What happens
when there’s a terrorist attack generated from Yemen? Do we then send
more troops into there? Or Libya, perhaps? Or if there’s a terrorist
network that’s operating anywhere else—in North Africa, or in Southeast
Asia?
If I were Obama, by the way, I wouldn’t mention the idea of not sending
troops to respond to a terrorist attack in Libya. Because he already did
that, in Benghazi, and our ambassador and three other Americans died.

But the general point is a fair one. We can’t send troops everywhere.
Does that mean we send them nowhere? Isn’t it his job to make those
strategic allocations, to decide which threats are the most serious and
require the most resources? And shouldn’t he consider that the threat
from the Islamic State is getting a lot more serious? But he sees only
the costs of action, not the costs of inaction, and he is paralyzed by it.

[E]very few months I go to Walter Reed, and I see a 25-year-old kid
who’s paralyzed or has lost his limbs, and some of those are people I’ve
ordered into battle. And so I can’t afford to play some of the political
games that others may.
This is patronizing to our service members, who signed up for the job
of killing terrorists, not just to sit around on base. But in case we
didn’t get the point, he added:

[T]here are costs to the other side. I just want to remind people, this
is not an abstraction. When we send troops in, those troops get injured,
they get killed; they’re away from their families; our country spends
hundreds of billions of dollars.
Obama’s outlook on national security is profoundly defeatist. He sees
only the costs of action and regards victory as an illusion. Vox’s Matt
Yglesias offers an essential explanation, from a sympathetic source, of
how things look to Obama administration insiders.

Many senior administration officials at this point are part of the
permanent national security apparatus, but the core group of real ‘Obama
people’ has a surprisingly dovish self-conception, where they see
themselves operating in a world in which demands for military
intervention are constant and endless—from the media, from congressional
Republicans, from foreign governments and their allies in Washington,
and from the permanent security bureaucracy itself—but America’s actual
ability to engage in non-counterproductive interventions is quite limited.

It's CLOBBERING time!

Nov 22, 2015, 12:40:39 PM11/22/15
cshenk wrote:
> I have a fairly brown thumb for such

It's CLOBBERING time!

Nov 22, 2015, 12:41:25 PM11/22/15
Cheryl wrote:
> I've gotten used to it and it doesn't look too
> bad.

It's CLOBBERING time!

Nov 22, 2015, 12:41:37 PM11/22/15
lucreti...@fl.it wrote:
> must not taste good.

It's CLOBBERING time!

Nov 22, 2015, 12:42:04 PM11/22/15
lucreti...@fl.it wrote:
> they need a chill period

It's CLOBBERING time!

Nov 22, 2015, 12:42:32 PM11/22/15
Gary wrote:
> My top freezer interior space is:
> - 23" wide

It's CLOBBERING time!

Nov 22, 2015, 12:44:30 PM11/22/15
Julie Bove wrote:
> I don't think they make this size any more and I certainly don't want to
> go smaller.

Dave Smith

Nov 22, 2015, 12:50:39 PM11/22/15
It's called forcing bulbs. The dark and cold replicates being in the
cold soil for the cold season. We usually just buy them in pots ready
to go because it tends to be cheaper to get the whole works than to buy
the parts.

Groupkillas!

Nov 22, 2015, 12:57:23 PM11/22/15
Dave Smith wrote:
> It's called forcing bulbs.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/07/13/chicago-slams-obama-worst-president-ever-elected/

Amid the daily grind of poverty and violence afflicting Chicago’s South
Side, black residents spoke up Friday to express their disgust with
President Barack Obama.

“Barack will go down as the worst president ever elected,” one man told
Rebel Pundit. “Bill Clinton was the African-American President.”

Residents gathered in front of the Chicago Police Department
headquarters to protest, questioning why federal dollars were being
spent on immigrants while native Chicagoans suffered.

Some called for Obama’s resignation.

Others compared the modern situation in Chicago to the slavery of
yesteryear.

“Today, if you look at the time that we were brought here as slaves 400
years ago,” one resident said, “we got the same results today.”

Janet B

Nov 22, 2015, 2:40:36 PM11/22/15
<jlhs...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> Wrote in message:
>> lucreti...@fl.it wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> on my >>> newest fridge but I looked them up and if you're like me
>>> and never >>> bothered to pay attention, this guide might be helpful.
>>> > > >

>>> http://www.thekitchn.com/what-to-store-in-your-refrigerator-humidity-d
>>> rawers-tips-from-the-kitchn-178094

>>> several >> years (also a meat-storage drawer with a divider for
>>> cheese). It works >> well. However, I never put cauliflower in one
>>> of the drawers because it >> takes up too much space. Instead, I
>>> have one of those round >> cabbage/cauliflower containers, and that
>>> works well. I also do not keep >> my apples in the fridge, although
>>> I would if I wanted to keep them for a >> long time. I live alone
>>> and only buy a few apples at a time. I keep >> them in a bowl on the
>>> counter so I can pick one up whenever I want it. >> I only put
>>> bananas in the fridge if they are approaching the stage where >> they
>>> will be overly ripe. >>

>>> I have a cloth bag with black lining for spuds that hangs in a
>>> cupboard, does a great job.
>>>
>>> Currently I have a whole lot of spring bulbs in one of the drawers,
>>> must check out the dates written on them and see if any are ready to
>>> go :)
>>
>> Hi Lucretia, you mean like flower bulbs? My Mom used to do that too.
>>

>I have too. I still don't have much luck with bulbs. Something
> chowsdown on them.
I've heard that you should plant a moth ball with each bulb to keep
squirrels, voles and other critters away.
I've never tried it. It may be urban myth.
Janet US

Groupkillas!

Nov 22, 2015, 2:45:19 PM11/22/15
Janet B wrote:
> It may be urban myth.
> Janet US
http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2014/07/02/obama-george-w-bush-quinnipiac-poll-reagan-clinton/11985837/

President Obama has topped predecessor George W. Bush in another poll,
but not one he would like.

In a new Quinnipiac University Poll, 33% named Obama the worst president
since World War II, and 28% put Bush at the bottom of post-war presidents.

"Over the span of 69 years of American history and 12 presidencies,
President Barack Obama finds himself with President George W. Bush at
the bottom of the popularity barrel," said Tim Malloy, assistant
director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.

Dave Smith

Nov 22, 2015, 3:01:47 PM11/22/15
On 2015-11-22 2:40 PM, Janet B wrote:

>> I have too. I still don't have much luck with bulbs. Something
>> chowsdown on them.
> I've heard that you should plant a moth ball with each bulb to keep
> squirrels, voles and other critters away.
> I've never tried it. It may be urban myth

I found a site that says you can try repellants but don't count on them
working. They suggest wire mesh, like chicken wire, and it should
extend 3 feet from the site where the bulbs are. The mesh needs to be
large enough for the plant to grow through, but small enough to keep
rodents from getting through, and those critters can get through a small
opening.

Dave Smith

Nov 22, 2015, 3:07:53 PM11/22/15
This sure isn't:

Nunya Bidnits

Nov 22, 2015, 3:13:25 PM11/22/15
On 11/22/2015 9:18 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Hi Lucretia, you mean like flower bulbs? My Mom used to do that too.
>>>

>> I have too. I still don't have much luck with bulbs. Something
>> chows
>> down on them.
>>

> What kind of bulbs are you talking about. There are some that stay in
> the ground and multiply and there are some that have to be dug up and
> dried out. Event those that can stay in the ground can be dug up and
> thinned out or replanted. Tulips, daffodils and hyacinth bulbs should be
> planted in the fall and will pop up in the spring. Dahlias are planted
> in the spring and have to be removed before the cold.
>
> We used to have tons of tulips, daffodils and narcissus every spring
> when he had cats. We have not had cats for years, so we have squirrels,
> and those tree rats dig up the bulbs for food.

lucreti...@fl.it

Nov 22, 2015, 3:15:53 PM11/22/15
On 11/22/2015 7:49 AM, Cheryl wrote:
> Gary <g.ma...@att.net> Wrote in message:
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> Don't know what I will do when this one dies. Might have to locate
>>> it outside of the kitchen as I don't think they make this size any more and
>>> I certainly don't want to go smaller.
>>
>> Relocating your fridge in another room isn't so nice. I'm sure you can
>> find one that will fit but if not it might be worth taking out a few
>> inches of cabinet/counter space. Since you evidently have such a tiny
>> kitchen (and still pics are requested so we can see what you are
>> talking about). Also, since you have such a small kitchen, you should
>> never think about buying some nifty bells&whistles fridge.
>>
>> I have a small one in my small kitchen and it's fine. I've adjusted to
>> the size.
>> The exterior size of mine is:
>> - 62" tall
>> - 28" wide
>> - 28" deep + an inch or two for the back coils
>>
>> My top freezer interior space is:
>> - 23" wide
>> - 16" tall
>> - 16" deep (plus door-shelf space)
>>
>> It's small but I have adjusted to it fine. Good for me as a single but
>> I'm sure it wouldn't be so good for a family.
>>

> My new one fits in the width and hight of the space the old one
> was in but the depth of it makes it stick out a little further
> than the cabinets. I've gotten used to it and it doesn't look too
> bad.

lucreti...@fl.it

Nov 22, 2015, 3:16:51 PM11/22/15
On 11/22/2015 7:38 AM, Gary wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Don't know what I will do when this one dies. Might have to locate
>> it outside of the kitchen as I don't think they make this size any more and
>> I certainly don't want to go smaller.
>
> Relocating your fridge in another room isn't so nice. I'm sure you can
> find one that will fit but if not it might be worth taking out a few
> inches of cabinet/counter space. Since you evidently have such a tiny
> kitchen (and still pics are requested so we can see what you are
> talking about). Also, since you have such a small kitchen, you should
> never think about buying some nifty bells&whistles fridge.
>
> I have a small one in my small kitchen and it's fine. I've adjusted to
> the size.
> The exterior size of mine is:
> - 62" tall
> - 28" wide
> - 28" deep + an inch or two for the back coils
>
> My top freezer interior space is:
> - 23" wide
> - 16" tall
> - 16" deep (plus door-shelf space)
>
> It's small but I have adjusted to it fine. Good for me as a single but
> I'm sure it wouldn't be so good for a family.

David used to think Trudeau was a dick, now this:

lucreti...@fl.it

Nov 22, 2015, 4:27:36 PM11/22/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 12:40:32 -0700, Janet B <nos...@cableone.net>
wrote:
I heard that too but since daffs are my favourites, I just stuck with
them. I am seriously annoyed with a local squirrel, when I was out
he must have decided to get on the balcony and conceal his hoard of
peanuts in the shell. The sob dug out a whole lot of earth from the
big pot which shelters a little tree and put them in there. Mess all
round.

Janet B

Nov 22, 2015, 4:33:04 PM11/22/15
my daughter says the critters just come up from underneath and cobble
stuff up so that it disappears overnight.
Janet US

Dave Smith

Nov 22, 2015, 4:35:30 PM11/22/15
Innit just?

lucreti...@fl.it

Nov 22, 2015, 4:36:12 PM11/22/15
Sounds like your politicians:

Cheryl

Nov 22, 2015, 7:37:35 PM11/22/15
On 11/22/2015 4:27 PM, lucreti...@fl.it wrote:

> I heard that too but since daffs are my favourites, I just stuck with
> them. I am seriously annoyed with a local squirrel, when I was out
> he must have decided to get on the balcony and conceal his hoard of
> peanuts in the shell. The sob dug out a whole lot of earth from the
> big pot which shelters a little tree and put them in there. Mess all
> round.

I might have to try daffodils then. I have seen squirrels, voles and
chipmunks in my yard. I haven't seen any deer but my next door neighbor
just videoed a fawn outside her house who was calling for its mother.
Sad cry.

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl

Cheryl

Nov 22, 2015, 7:46:58 PM11/22/15
They do! I've seen cages for sale that you bury that cover the bottom of
the hole but leaves the top open. I think I'd rather just find something
that thrives naturally rather than fight nature.

Helpful person

Nov 23, 2015, 5:57:31 PM11/23/15
On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 11:18:34 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> What kind of bulbs are you talking about. There are some that stay in
> the ground and multiply and there are some that have to be dug up and
> dried out. Event those that can stay in the ground can be dug up and
> thinned out or replanted. Tulips, daffodils and hyacinth bulbs should be
> planted in the fall and will pop up in the spring. Dahlias are planted
> in the spring and have to be removed before the cold.
>
> We used to have tons of tulips, daffodils and narcissus every spring
> when he had cats. We have not had cats for years, so we have squirrels,
> and those tree rats dig up the bulbs for food.

Dahlias are tubers, not bulbs.

http://www.richardfisher.com

Dave Smith

Nov 23, 2015, 6:01:56 PM11/23/15
On 2015-11-23 5:57 PM, Helpful person wrote:

>> We used to have tons of tulips, daffodils and narcissus every spring
>> when he had cats. We have not had cats for years, so we have squirrels,
>> and those tree rats dig up the bulbs for food.
>
> Dahlias are tubers, not bulbs.

You're right. They still need to be dug up in the fall and re-planted in
the spring around here.

sf

Nov 24, 2015, 2:28:48 PM11/24/15
"> You are reaping what you sowed by feeding known trolls, dearie"

--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available.

ID: 47846596.

Barbara J Llorente

Nov 24, 2015, 2:41:02 PM11/24/15
>> She cheered Boner on until we arrived at this.

"And I still do"

Nunya Bidnits

Nov 25, 2015, 6:00:20 PM11/25/15

wrote in message

> I am seriously annoyed with a local squirrel, when I was out
he must have decided to get on the balcony and conceal his hoard
of
peanuts in the shell. The sob dug out a whole lot of earth from
the
big pot which shelters a little tree and put them in there.
Mess all
round.>

That's funny. I had a similar experience with a squirrel that
for a couple years was burying stuff in my potted plants, even
though there is plenty of easy-to-dig garden space just around
the corner. I don't know what attracts them to burying the nuts
in pots. My neighbor fed peanuts in shell to bluejays, and the
squirrel would rob them, bring them over, and bury them in my
pot. I gave the nuts back to him to recycle. ;-)

lucreti...@fl.it

Nov 25, 2015, 7:27:50 PM11/25/15
We are not supposed to feed birds etc because of the fear of
attracting pigeons. I do feed the birds but I don't have pigeons
visiting but I don't make the food available for them. However an old
boy I knew was feeding peanuts to the squirrels so when I saw him in
the lobby I said to him I'd be round to kill him if anymore squirrels
going to his place drove my cat mad looking in the windows and buried
them in my flower pots. I felt badly because it made him very anxious
lol

Then suddenly no sign of squirrels. In chatting to a man on the road
below us I asked him if he noticed that and apparently one afternoon a
hawk called past and got the lot! They're back now but it took two
years. We have the small chipmunk sized one and I love to watch them
running all over the branches and their arial derring do.

Groupkilla

Nov 25, 2015, 8:22:43 PM11/25/15
Nunya Bidnits wrote:

> That's funny.

Was this?

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/alt.sports.football.pro.gb-packers/P2QjeU78LoU

Alexander_The_Goat
4/16/10
Re: ''Internet stalker'' Nunya Bidnitscaptured.

"Nunya Shitlips" <Nunya-S...@webtv.net> wrote in message

WEBTV!!! ROFL!!!!

Bla bla bla, you're so clever. NOT! ROFL! And the webtv reference....
seriously? *You're* making fun of *me* with webtv? Do you not realize that
you have just validated everyone who has laughed at you for it?

One note... you can't lay off the crossdressing stuff in your lame attempt
at humor. You got caught on it already, and we all know about it, and "I
know you are but what am I" doesn't fix it.

Now fuck off and die, you phony little pussy, and next time you decide to
start flinging shit at people outside your own back yard, try to prepare
your freeble little mind for the fact that you need to be willing to take
what you dish out, because someone may do the same thing back at you. If
you're going to keep being a pussy who wants to give shit but screams like a
sissy baby when you get it back, you'll just spend your sad little life
going through episodes like this where your true nature is revealed to all.

I'm done with you now, shithead. That is, unless you want more.

And unless you decide to resume making personal attacks on people who are
trying to discuss reasonable things. A little good natured banter between
rivals is fine, but you cannot seem to understand why it's offensive to
invade other forums and turn on a tirade of hateful personal attacks on
individuals. So if you go that route again, I'll be back on your ass, with
Goatboy, Ronald, and a bunch more tasty morsels. And go ahead and post all
the stupid shit you want in the Chiefs forums... you're not getting any
action because they are too smart to take your juvenile bait.... and
besides, yuou're just not funny.

Now please refrain from being an asshole and I will do the same.... or not,
your choice.

Besides, I can be a much bigger asshole than you when provoked, so do the
smart thing while you have this one opportunity at a truce.

MBKC

sf

Nov 26, 2015, 12:49:51 AM11/26/15
What on earth are you two nattering about now? This is the perfect
example of why groups should be moderated.