Texas Chili

ImStillMags

Jan 28, 2015, 12:40:03 PM1/28/15
Here's a really informative article about chili, specifically Texas chili and it's roots. I enjoyed reading it and learned some things.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/28/dining/texas-chili-makes-a-welcome-guest.html?mabReward=CTM&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&region=CColumn&module=Recommendation&src=rechp&WT.nav=RecEngine&_r=0

ImStillMags

Jan 28, 2015, 3:43:53 PM1/28/15
On Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 9:40:03 AM UTC-8, ImStillMags wrote:
> Here's a really informative article about chili, specifically Texas chili and it's roots. I enjoyed reading it and learned some things.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/28/dining/texas-chili-makes-a-welcome-guest.html?mabReward=CTM&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&region=CColumn&module=Recommendation&src=rechp&WT.nav=RecEngine&_r=0

Here's the video mentioned in the article. It's so sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLETmNKPd_A

Becca EmaNymton

Feb 1, 2015, 6:30:06 PM2/1/15
Wish I had her in my kitchen cooking for me.

I also toast my chiles then I hydrate them in boiling water, blend them
and strain. In the video at the NY Times, they add the peppers, whole,
to the chili, I have never seen or heard of anyone make chili like that.

Becca