I know what she is having for dinner

Ed P

Sep 22, 2023, 5:30:01 PM9/22/23

The lady in front of me at the checkout today.

Only thing she had in her cart was Maria Callendar Pot Pies. Yes, 14 of
them!

They are on sale at BOGO so a good deal. Hey we all like an occasional
short cut so she is well stocked. Well, for two weeks anyway.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Sep 22, 2023, 7:37:18 PM9/22/23
Or maybe well stocked for a week if she eats one for lunch and one for
supper. Hopefully, she bought a variety of flavors.

Ed P

Sep 22, 2023, 8:00:03 PM9/22/23
She had them stacked by two's on the belt so I'm guessing she got a
variety.

I applaud her for taking advantage of the sale though, but I hope she
eats other than just that in her life. Hey, we all like a shortcut at
times but it just looked funny to see just pot pies.

Bryan Simmons

Sep 22, 2023, 8:20:03 PM9/22/23
Better than the pet food that some seniors resort to.
Maria Callender stuff is pretty crappy. Kind of like
waiting to die.

--Bryan

jmcquown

Sep 22, 2023, 8:30:07 PM9/22/23
I know someone who eats like that. Doesn't like to cook, not even
something as simple as a hamburger. He buys pot pies and other frozen
meals. If he can put it in the microwave and not have to do anything
else he's fine with it. To him it's just food. I can't change that.
Not my monkey, not my circus.

Jill

Hank Rogers

Sep 22, 2023, 10:47:57 PM9/22/23
Damn. Has your majesty shown him your monkey?

Bryan Simmons

Sep 22, 2023, 10:50:29 PM9/22/23
Your monkey is more the broccoli cheese casserole type.
Does it wear a little vest and matching fez when it eats its
canned menudo?

> Jill

--Bryan

bruce bowser

Sep 23, 2023, 4:34:56 PM9/23/23
And let me tell you, some days it is totally tempting as HELL to do that, FOREVER and ever, Amen.

Bryan Simmons

Sep 23, 2023, 6:31:54 PM9/23/23

songbird

Sep 23, 2023, 8:10:33 PM9/23/23
jmcquown wrote:
> I know someone who eats like that. Doesn't like to cook, not even
> something as simple as a hamburger. He buys pot pies and other frozen
> meals. If he can put it in the microwave and not have to do anything
> else he's fine with it. To him it's just food. I can't change that.
> Not my monkey, not my circus.

yep. sometimes it is just fuel.

songbird

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 24, 2023, 5:21:26 AM9/24/23
But there's never a reason to eat that kind of crap. I'd rather
have scrambled eggs, or a dish of nuked green beans.

--
Cindy Hamilton

jmcquown

Sep 24, 2023, 7:54:36 AM9/24/23
I take it back. The guy I know does make scrambled eggs. :)

Jill

Bryan Simmons

Sep 24, 2023, 12:30:39 PM9/24/23
Does he share them with his monkey?