Alton Brown's Top Recipes

已查看 142 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Ubiquitous

未读,
2015年7月27日 20:21:402015/7/27
收件人
We've gathered all of Alton Brown's best recipes together to make it
easy for you to browse and pick your favorites.
F ea tured In This
Gallery

http://www.foodnetwork.com/chefs/alton-brown/alton-browns-top-recipes.html?c1=OB_DGTL_FN_HPVAC&c2=Outbrain&c3=FN_HPVAC_5345515&c4=Baked+Macaroni+and+Cheese

---

Cindy Hamilton

未读,
2015年7月28日 06:25:092015/7/28
收件人
On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 8:21:40 PM UTC-4, Ubiquitous wrote:
> We've gathered all of Alton Brown's best recipes together to make it
> easy for you to browse and pick your favorites.
> F ea tured In This
> Gallery

If only he'd go back to cooking, and abandon those stupid competition
shows.

Cindy Hamilton

Mr.E

未读,
2015年7月28日 08:59:522015/7/28
收件人
+ A BUNCH
--
Mr.E

sf

未读,
2015年7月28日 10:10:322015/7/28
收件人
On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 03:25:00 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
<angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote:

That's what Food Network wants and he wants a job, so he does what
they want him to do. Maybe they'd get back to real cooking if fewer
people watched those stupid competitions.

--

sf

Sal Paradise

未读,
2015年7月28日 10:15:442015/7/28
收件人
Ditto that.

Sal Paradise

未读,
2015年7月28日 10:22:422015/7/28
收件人
I've already rotated over almost exclusively to cooking channel.

notbob

未读,
2015年7月28日 10:50:322015/7/28
收件人
On 2015-07-28, Mr.E <Mr...@totally.invalid> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 03:25:00 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>If only he'd go back to cooking, and abandon those stupid competition
>>shows.

> + A BUNCH

One must remember cooking is not AB's main vocation. He's primarily a
TV program producer and he did not like the state of celebrity cooking
shows, so busted his ass to learn about cooking so he could create a
better cooking show, which I think he succeeded at, admirably.

I don't know how much he has to do with producing/directing these food
competitions, but I'd say he's back in his native element. His first
love. Whether he's ready to abandon the celebrity chef status that
made him rich and famous remains to be seen.

I really like "some" of AB's recipes. His pie crust recipe saved my
bacon. Others are not so great. An egg in mac n' cheese? Half n'
Half in French Toast? Ice in home brewed beer? Never gonna happen in
my kitchen!

I suspect AB will do whatever he wants. ;)

nb

Cindy Hamilton

未读,
2015年7月28日 12:52:382015/7/28
收件人
On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 10:50:32 AM UTC-4, notbob wrote:

> I really like "some" of AB's recipes. His pie crust recipe saved my
> bacon. Others are not so great. An egg in mac n' cheese?

Lots of people use egg in macaroni and cheese.

> Half n'
> Half in French Toast?

Why not? It would make a very rich french toast. I used to know
someone who, as a treat, would buy a pint of half and half and
drink it.

>Ice in home brewed beer?

I've never known why ice in beer is bad, since it's good in
so many other carbonated beverages.

Cindy Hamilton

Nunya Bidnits

未读,
2015年7月28日 14:30:002015/7/28
收件人

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

>On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 10:50:32 AM UTC-4, notbob wrote:

>> I really like "some" of AB's recipes. His pie crust recipe
>> saved my
>> bacon. Others are not so great. An egg in mac n' cheese?

>Lots of people use egg in macaroni and cheese.

That would screw up a perfectly good mac and cheese.

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

未读,
2015年7月28日 14:50:302015/7/28
收件人
On 7/28/2015 12:19 PM, Nunya Bidnits wrote:
> That would screw up

Get out - stalker!

...dump!

____.-.____
[__Sqwerty__]
[___Marty___]
(d|||TROLL|||b)
`|||TRASH|||`
`"""""""""'
已删除帖子

jmcquown

未读,
2015年7月28日 16:32:142015/7/28
收件人
On 7/28/2015 4:25 PM, Bruce wrote:
> I wouldn't like watered down beer.

Maybe you're supposed to chug it? I'm not much for drinking beer but
when I do a chilled glass mug is nice. :)

Jill

notbob

未读,
2015年7月28日 16:34:442015/7/28
收件人
On 2015-07-28, Nunya Bidnits <nunyab...@eternal-september.invalid> wrote:

> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

>>Lots of people use egg in macaroni and cheese.

> That would screw up a perfectly good mac and cheese.

While I agree with Marty, I'm sure Cindy is also correct. Fortunately, I'm
not "Lots of people". ;)

nb

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

未读,
2015年7月28日 16:50:132015/7/28
收件人
The Nunya troll should be IGNORED, not agreed with!

notbob

未读,
2015年7月28日 16:54:182015/7/28
收件人
On 2015-07-28, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On 7/28/2015 4:25 PM, Bruce wrote:

>> On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 09:52:35 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> I've never known why ice in beer is bad, since it's good in
>>> so many other carbonated beverages.

>> I wouldn't like watered down beer.

> Maybe you're supposed to chug it? I'm not much for drinking beer but
> when I do a chilled glass mug is nice. :)

DUH!!

You don't MAKE beer with commercial ice --as AB instructed-- due to
the fact you have zero knowledge whether or not said ice is actually
contaminant free. My example pointing out AB's error has zero to do
with drinking beer with ice. (ick)

nb

Nunya Bidnits

未读,
2015年7月28日 17:23:152015/7/28
收件人

"notbob" wrote in message

>My example pointing out AB's error has zero to do
>with drinking beer with ice. (ick)

>nb

Watering down beer is a fundamentally bad idea, and probably a
communist plot.

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

未读,
2015年7月28日 17:28:322015/7/28
收件人
On 7/28/2015 3:23 PM, Nunya Bidnits wrote:
> Watering down beer

Michel Boucher

未读,
2015年7月28日 20:46:392015/7/28
收件人
Cindy Hamilton <angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 10:50:32 AM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
>
>> I really like "some" of AB's recipes. His pie crust recipe
>> saved my bacon. Others are not so great. An egg in mac n'
>> cheese?
>
> Lots of people use egg in macaroni and cheese.

You mean instead of béchamel or in addition to it? Without the
béchamel, it seems it would be not unlike a carbonara. With the
béchamel? Why?

--

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice,
you have chosen the side of the oppressor " --

Leonard Blaisdell

未读,
2015年7月28日 21:03:052015/7/28
收件人
In article <d1pj5i...@mid.individual.net>, notbob
<not...@nothome.com> wrote:

> I suspect AB will do whatever he wants. ;)

He even cooked "Eggs Woodhouse" on a Archer promo. If one has no idea
what I'm talking about, don't bother to look it up. Silly stuff.
My wife's visiting family so I made once and ate curried beef for three
days and am getting ready to make a weak roux chicken/andouille gumbo.
Rice is going fast. So is beer.

leo

Janet B

未读,
2015年7月28日 22:05:082015/7/28
收件人
I made it once to try it. I could definitely taste the egg. I have
seen many Mac & Cheese recipes that call for egg. It isn't my choice
but I would have no problem eating it.
Janet US

jmcquown

未读,
2015年7月28日 23:45:392015/7/28
收件人
I've seen the recipes for egg in macaroni and cheese. I also tried it
once. I'd really just rather have macaroni and cheese. I see no need
to tart it up with a beaten egg. Maybe call it macaroni and cheese
quiche? I didn't have a problem eating it but I also wouldn't go out of
my way to make it again.

Jill

John Kuthe

未读,
2015年7月29日 02:00:522015/7/29
收件人
I HATE those cookoff shows! I want a chef like AB or Emiril who will
teach me how to make things, not show off how fast they can cook a
brisket wityh a book of matches, or some such useless bit of flash!

John Kuthe...

Cindy Hamilton

未读,
2015年7月29日 06:44:062015/7/29
收件人
Well, you might have said so.

Cindy Hamilton

MisterDiddyWahDiddy

未读,
2015年7月29日 08:33:302015/7/29
收件人
On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 11:52:38 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 10:50:32 AM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
>
> > I really like "some" of AB's recipes. His pie crust recipe saved my
> > bacon. Others are not so great. An egg in mac n' cheese?
>
> Lots of people use egg in macaroni and cheese.
>
> > Half n'
> > Half in French Toast?
>
> Why not? It would make a very rich french toast.

I use half&half, egg yolk and vanilla extract to make French toast.

> I used to know someone who, as a treat, would buy a pint of half
> and half and drink it.

I love sipping half&half.

> > Ice in home brewed beer?
>
> I've never known why ice in beer is bad, since it's good in
> so many other carbonated beverages.

I usually have beer over ice these days, and often as not, mixed with
seltzer. I've cut my alcohol consumption by over 80% this year. I'm
thinking soon will be time for another sabbatical. It'll be weird
writing w/o a bunch of beer.

> Cindy Hamilton

--Bryan

MisterDiddyWahDiddy

未读,
2015年7月29日 08:35:112015/7/29
收件人
Haha. Folks just aren't cooperating with you. Perhaps you should take your
marbles and go home.

--Bryan

Helpful person

未读,
2015年7月29日 09:45:312015/7/29
收件人
On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 5:23:15 PM UTC-4, Nunya Bidnits wrote:

> Watering down beer is a fundamentally bad idea, and probably a
> communist plot.

Not if it's "standard" US beer. The water dilutes the poor taste while the ice chills the taste away.

http://www.richardfisher.com

MisterDiddyWahDiddy

未读,
2015年7月29日 09:54:332015/7/29
收件人
Personally, I think that 3% ABV beer is a good beverage. A bottle of
American Pale Ale (such as Sierra Nevada), over ice with about 1/2-2/3
can of seltzer tastes good, and goes well with food or warm weather
outdoor activities.

--Bryan

Cindy Hamilton

未读,
2015年7月29日 10:42:402015/7/29
收件人
On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 9:45:31 AM UTC-4, Helpful person wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 5:23:15 PM UTC-4, Nunya Bidnits wrote:
> >
> > Watering down beer is a fundamentally bad idea, and probably a
> > communist plot.
>
> Not if it's "standard" US beer. The water dilutes the poor taste while the ice chills the taste away.

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Can you really damage Budweiser by taking away what little taste it has?

Cindy Hamilton

Janet B

未读,
2015年7月29日 12:15:272015/7/29
收件人
I vaguely remember the episode. Wasn't he using the ice to cool
something? I don't remember the ice coming into contact with the
beer.
Janet US

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

未读,
2015年7月29日 12:22:072015/7/29
收件人
On 7/29/2015 6:33 AM, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> It'll be weird writing w/o a bunch of beer.

Might have to pull a Hemingway, eh?

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

未读,
2015年7月29日 12:22:372015/7/29
收件人
They will.

Trust me.

Oh, go kill yourself, now.

Nunya Bidnits

未读,
2015年7月29日 12:35:222015/7/29
收件人

>"Helpful person" wrote in message
I've had "standard" beer from other countries that was almost as
Bud or Coors. Mexico, Canada, Germany... and others all have
their crap cheap beer. Have a Moosehead or Corona, tell me how
great it is. Yick.

Try Boulevard for a bunch of great US brews.

MartyB

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

未读,
2015年7月29日 12:37:242015/7/29
收件人
On 7/29/2015 10:35 AM, Nunya Bidnits wrote:
> I've had "standard" beer

Sal Paradise

未读,
2015年7月29日 13:01:152015/7/29
收件人
On 7/30/2015 2:15 AM, Janet B wrote:
As Jeb Bush prepares for his imminent presidential campaign, the
American people must keep in mind just who this man is and the crimes he
committed rigging the 2000 presidential election, which put his brother
George W. in the Oval Office, set us on the road to the Iraq War, the
Great Recession, destroyed America’s standing in the world, altered
American history forever.

Jeb Bush just so happened to be the Governor of Florida during that
election, and as you may recall, the Florida vote was so close that
recounts were requested and eventually declared his brother the winner.
Katherine Harris, Jeb’s secretary of state and the co-chair of the
George W. campaign, organized the election system that somehow ended up
losing or spoiling the ballots of hundreds of thousands of
African-American voters, who just so coincidentally tend to vote
Democratic. During the recount period, it is documented that the
Governor’s office made 95 calls to the Bush campaign- calls which Jeb
somehow “cannot remember” the reason for. That answer is unacceptable
for allegations of such importance. Why can’t you remember, Jeb?

Sal Paradise

未读,
2015年7月29日 14:02:122015/7/29
收件人
On 7/30/2015 2:15 AM, Janet B wrote:
Neil, George Jr., George Sr., and Jeb Bush

The Savings and Loan industry had been experiencing major problems
through the late 60s and 70s due to rising inflation and rising interest
rates. Because of this there was a move in the 1970s to replace the
role of S&L institutions with banks.

In the early 1980s, under Reagan, regulatory changes took place that
gave the S&L industry new powers and for the first time in history
measures were taken to increase the profitability of S&Ls at the expense
of promoting home ownership.

A history of the S&L situation can be found here:

http://www.fdic.gov/bank/historical/s&l/

What is important to note about the S&L scandal is that it was the
largest theft in the history of the world and US tax payers are who was
robbed.

The problems occurred in the Savings and Loan industry as they relate to
theft because the industry was deregulated under the Reagan/Bush
administration and restrictions were eased on the industry so much that
abuse and misuse of funds became easy, rampant, and went unchecked.

Additional facts on the Savings and Loan Scandal can be found here:

http://www.inthe80s.com/sandl.shtml

There are several ways in which the Bush family plays into the Savings
and Loan scandal, which involves not only many members of the Bush
family but also many other politicians that are still in office and
still part of the Bush Jr. administration today. Jeb Bush, George Bush
Sr., and his son Neil Bush have all been implicated in the Savings and
Loan Scandal, which cost American tax payers over $1.4 TRILLION dollars
(note that this is about one quarter of our national debt).

Sal Paradise

未读,
2015年7月29日 14:10:502015/7/29
收件人

Sky

未读,
2015年7月29日 21:33:332015/7/29
收件人
On 7/28/2015 9:50 AM, notbob wrote:

> One must remember cooking is not AB's main vocation. He's primarily a
> TV program producer and he did not like the state of celebrity cooking
> shows, so busted his ass to learn about cooking so he could create a
> better cooking show, which I think he succeeded at, admirably.
>
> I don't know how much he has to do with producing/directing these food
> competitions, but I'd say he's back in his native element. His first
> love. Whether he's ready to abandon the celebrity chef status that
> made him rich and famous remains to be seen.
>
> I really like "some" of AB's recipes. His pie crust recipe saved my
> bacon. Others are not so great. An egg in mac n' cheese? Half n'
> Half in French Toast? Ice in home brewed beer? Never gonna happen in
> my kitchen!
>
> I suspect AB will do whatever he wants. ;)
>
> nb

I recall quite some years ago when AB said in some sort of interview why
took up cooking (school??). He wanted to meet more women/girls back in
his youngster days when at college or that sort of thing. Plus, he
wanted to learn the "science" of why cooking worked the way it does,
something like that. I do miss AB's "Good Eats" cooking show and I wish
it'd come back :)

Sky

Nancy2

未读,
2015年7月31日 08:31:332015/7/31
收件人
Cindy, I also liked to watch him before he got so "cute." It's like FN has turned
over the whole network to his insane ideas for entertainment. I just can't watch
him any more.

N.

jmcquown

未读,
2015年7月31日 09:07:582015/7/31
收件人
On 7/29/2015 10:07 PM, Bruce wrote:
> I liked it too, except for the retard factor. Where he would explain
> things using toys, dolls, dressed up people, silly accents and all
> that. But I guess one wants to keep the retards on board in the
> ratings and every country has a staggering amount of those.

Too true, Bruce! Years ago I was helping my brother out after he had
surgery. I stayed with him for nearly a week. I did the cooking, the
laundry, ran errands. That's the first time I saw 'Good Eats'. Yes, I
got the impression AB thought everyone is retarded. In one show he was
cooking fish so the set was decorated as if he was on a boat. (I'm sure
he could afford an actual boat.) He was wearing some sort of silly
Captain Kangaroo costume. And yes, there were toys and maybe even some
puppets involved. It was annoying.

Jill

Dave Smith

未读,
2015年7月31日 09:43:562015/7/31
收件人
On 2015-07-31 9:07 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> Too true, Bruce! Years ago I was helping my brother out after he had
> surgery. I stayed with him for nearly a week. I did the cooking, the
> laundry, ran errands. That's the first time I saw 'Good Eats'. Yes, I
> got the impression AB thought everyone is retarded. In one show he was
> cooking fish so the set was decorated as if he was on a boat. (I'm sure
> he could afford an actual boat.) He was wearing some sort of silly
> Captain Kangaroo costume. And yes, there were toys and maybe even some
> puppets involved. It was annoying.

I agree that the sets can be a little silly. My problem was that AB is
just too damned anal. He wants a very particular outcome for which there
is a very specific method. It takes all the fun out of cooking.

notbob

未读,
2015年7月31日 10:17:102015/7/31
收件人
Anyone really listen to what he's saying while attempting to educate
with his "silly" props and such?

I've actually learned a few things from AB, dispite his Sat morning
kiddy show approach. For one, I learned one needs to first add some
starch to a yogurt based curry so the yogurt does not break and
curdle. I used AB's pie crust recipe to finally master homemade
crusts and his apple pie recipe to make an apple pie that impressed
even me. I learned the fascinating history of the chickpea and why it
is so prevalent in ME cooking.

Yes, his sophomoric humor and sideshow manor can become a bit tedious,
at times, and he is not always on target with his facts and I don't
particularly care for his love of plastics, but I rarely fail to learn
something I did not know about cooking while watching his programs.
Isn't that what cooking is all about?

Or is it about what this newsgroup seems to have devolved into, which
is a mean spirited name-calling troll fest, where everyone has become
increasingly negative. No wonder so many old-timers have bailed. 8|

nb

Gary

未读,
2015年7月31日 11:05:032015/7/31
收件人
His shows were entertaining to me, not annoying. :)

Mike Duffy

未读,
2015年7月31日 11:59:502015/7/31
收件人
On 31 Jul 2015 14:17:06 GMT, notbob wrote:

> Or is it about what this newsgroup seems to have devolved into, which
> is a mean spirited name-calling troll fest, where everyone has become
> increasingly negative. No wonder so many old-timers have bailed.

Hi. Speaking as a "new-timer", I hazard to point out that this newsgroup
seems to be less mean-spirited than most other such name-calling usenet
troll fests. (i.e. what passes for usenet discourse nowadays.)

I came here for these main reasons:

1 - Many other groups are dead / dying. This one seems to have maintained a
decent audience despite a plethora of www-based cooking resources.

2 - I like to cook. More specifically, I like to eat, and I like to
experiment. These can be easily combined into the art of cooking.

3 - I like the de-centralized "authority" of this medium. Every reader is
also a contributing editor of equal standing. Every reader can also adjust
the priority of other readers via the kill-file mechanism.

--
http://pages.videotron.com/duffym/index.htm

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

未读,
2015年7月31日 12:03:422015/7/31
收件人
On 7/31/2015 8:17 AM, notbob wrote:
> Or is it about what this newsgroup seems to have devolved into, which
> is a mean spirited name-calling troll fest, where everyone has become
> increasingly negative. No wonder so many old-timers have bailed. 8|
>
> nb

Get rid of Sqwerty and Marty and you're 1/2 way to healed.

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

未读,
2015年7月31日 12:09:502015/7/31
收件人
On 7/31/2015 9:59 AM, Mike Duffy wrote:
> Hi. Speaking as a "new-timer", I hazard to point out that this newsgroup
> seems to be less mean-spirited than most other such name-calling usenet
> troll fests. (i.e. what passes for usenet discourse nowadays.)

Wot?!?!

Have folks not been sufficiently snarky to you yet? Heavens!

Sqwerty and Marty will see to it you're adequatley abused in jig time.

Janet B

未读,
2015年7月31日 12:14:272015/7/31
收件人
Me too. His impetus was to change up the format of cooking shows. He
felt that the shows back in the day were too stylized and off-putting
to someone who really wanted to learn. He didn't want to just hand
out recipes but provide the 'whys' so they could be applied elsewhere.
His sense of humor appeals to me. It's very visual and tongue in
cheek.
Janet US

Dave Smith

未读,
2015年7月31日 12:23:082015/7/31
收件人
That is brave of you to admit after several others referred to the
childishness of his presentation.

John Kuthe

未读,
2015年7月31日 12:27:102015/7/31
收件人
On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 11:59:46 -0400, Mike Duffy
<see_w...@signature.block> wrote:

>On 31 Jul 2015 14:17:06 GMT, notbob wrote:
>
>> Or is it about what this newsgroup seems to have devolved into, which
>> is a mean spirited name-calling troll fest, where everyone has become
>> increasingly negative. No wonder so many old-timers have bailed.

It's the nature oif Usenet, or I should say people. I discovered this
right at first in the mid to late 1990's on a Usenet newsgroup for
aircooled VWs. I read the nerwsgroup for a while first to get the feel
of the room STS, then I composed my first post, a question about dual
carburators on those old VW flat four engines. I composed a nice
polite cogent question and posted it.

I did not get a lot of replies! I was kind of devastated, because in
reading the group regularly I got s feel for the traffic on the group,
and I knew that perolle were just ignoring my nice polite question! So
I took a different approach, I composed another top level post and
entitled it "Dual carburators SUCK!" and then in the message body said
"Aha! Now that I have your attention..." and repeated my question. I
get a LOT more response!!

I learned if you want attention on Usenet, be an asshole!

People tend not to respond to things that don't piss them off!

John Kuthe...

Sal Paradise

未读,
2015年7月31日 12:32:552015/7/31
收件人
On 7/31/2015 10:27 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> I learned if you want attention on Usenet, be an asshole!
>
> People tend not to respond to things that don't piss them off!
>
> John Kuthe...

Therein, the story of your life to this day...

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

未读,
2015年7月31日 14:16:362015/7/31
收件人
On 8/1/2015 2:09 AM, Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal wrote:

Barbara J. Llorente FRAUD!
ab...@aioe.org
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available. Record
ID: 47846596.

Your ass has more mass than Jupiter!

No one cares about you.

Get OUT!

_,..._
/__ \
>< `. \
/_ \ |
\-_ /:|
,--'..'. :
,' `.
_,' \
_.._,--'' , |
, ,',, _| _,.'| | |
\\||/,'(,' '--'' | | |
_ ||| | /-' |
| | (- -)<`._ | / /
| | \_\O/_/`-.(<< |____/ /
| | / \ / -'| `--.'|
| | \___/ / /
| | H H / | |
|_|_..-H-H--.._ / ,| |
|-.._"_"__..-| | _-/ | |
| | | | \_ |
Barbara Llorente | | | | |
| The | |____| | |
|Troll Enabler | _..' | |____|
jrei | |_(____..._' _.' |
`-..______..-'"" (___..--'

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

未读,
2015年7月31日 14:17:012015/7/31
收件人

sf

未读,
2015年7月31日 15:22:142015/7/31
收件人
On 31 Jul 2015 14:17:06 GMT, notbob <not...@nothome.com> wrote:

> Or is it about what this newsgroup seems to have devolved into, which
> is a mean spirited name-calling troll fest, where everyone has become
> increasingly negative. No wonder so many old-timers have bailed. 8|
>
> nb

Yep.

--

sf

Helpful person

未读,
2015年7月31日 15:52:072015/7/31
收件人
On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 10:17:10 AM UTC-4, notbob wrote:

> I've actually learned a few things from AB, dispite his Sat morning
> kiddy show approach. For one, I learned one needs to first add some
> starch to a yogurt based curry so the yogurt does not break and
> curdle.
>
> nb

Sorry but that is not true. I've made many curry using yogurt and never had it curdle. You need to mix a small amount at a time, not just dump all the yogurt in at once.

http://www.richardfisher.com

Sal Paradise

未读,
2015年7月31日 16:03:112015/7/31
收件人
On 8/1/2015 5:52 AM, Helpful person wrote:
The United States Constitution serves as the law of the land for America
and indicates the intent of our Founding Fathers. The Constitution forms
a secular document, and nowhere does it appeal to God, Christianity,
Jesus, or any supreme being. (For those who think the date of the
Constitution contradicts the last sentence, see note 1 at the end.) The
U.S. government derives from people (not God), as it clearly states in
the preamble: "We the people of the United States, in order to form a
more perfect Union...." The omission of God in the Constitution did not
come out of forgetfulness, but rather out of the Founding Fathers
purposeful intentions to keep government separate from religion.

Although the Constitution does not include the phrase "Separation of
Church & State," neither does it say "Freedom of religion." However, the
Constitution implies both in the 1st Amendment. As to our freedoms, the
1st Amendment provides exclusionary wording:

Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion,
or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to
assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
[bold caps, mine]

Thomas Jefferson made an interpretation of the 1st Amendment to his
January 1st, 1802 letter to the Committee of the Danbury Baptist
Association calling it a "wall of separation between church and State."
Madison had also written that "Strongly guarded. . . is the separation
between religion and government in the Constitution of the United
States." There existed little controversy about this interpretation from
our Founding Fathers.

If religionists better understood the concept of separation of Church &
State, they would realize that the wall of separation actually protects
their religion. Our secular government allows the free expression of
religion and non-religion. Today, religions flourish in America; we have
more churches than Seven-Elevens.

Although many secular and atheist groups today support and fight for the
wall of separation, this does not mean that they wish to lawfully
eliminate religion from society. On the contrary, you will find no
secular or atheist group attempting to ban Christianity, or any other
religion from American society. Keeping religion separate allows
atheists and religionists alike, to practice their belief systems,
regardless how ridiculous they may seem, without government intervention.

Sal Paradise

未读,
2015年7月31日 16:06:102015/7/31
收件人

Sal Paradise

未读,
2015年7月31日 18:40:072015/7/31
收件人
On 7/31/2015 3:06 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 16:32:11 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 7/28/2015 4:25 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> I wouldn't like watered down beer.
>>>
>> Maybe you're supposed to chug it? I'm not much for drinking beer but
>> when I do a chilled glass mug is nice. :)
>
> I'd rather chug beer with no added water :)

Oh it shows....

Sal Paradise

未读,
2015年8月2日 15:38:362015/8/2