Re: Why canned food is not as good as fresh

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 7:21:49 PM5/28/15

"sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message
news:krgemalk9gjth5mal...@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 28 May 2015 16:26:42 +0100, "Ophelia" <OphEl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> What "kind of work" ... they are apprentices and in training. They will
>> have had 2 years training minimum before they go anywhere near active
>> service. When they leave the military they have had fine training to go
>> into
>> jobs in civvi street too.
>
> I think if that happened here, it would be more like a work/study
> program where they had academics as well as the hands on training. We
> used to have programs like that at the high school level. It was
> called the 4-4 program when I was in HS. 4 hours of academics, 4
> hours of work. That sort of practical experience for those who
> weren't interested in higher education stopped at least 40 years ago.
> Now everyone is expected to graduate from HS fully prepared for
> college. Does that happen in RL? No, but it doesn't matter. That's
> the focus of high school now.
>
> Our traditional manufacturing jobs have steadily moved offshore, so
> there are fewer and fewer of those jobs for those who are not
> interested in higher education or 8 hours of sitting in an office.
> Those who drop out of sunk. They need to start off by pushing a broom
> or washing dishes and hope to start their own business someday.
>
> We need to help students connect the dots about the new fields that
> don't require hours sitting in an office. I once met a man who said
> his job boiled down to making sure the sides of skyscrapers went up
> straight and the math skills he used on the job were learned in his
> high school trigonometry class. Jobs still exist for those without a
> college degree, but they aren't the same jobs that used to be there.
>
> The happy news is the community college system is there for those who
> dropped out (and decided they wanted to do more with their lives).
> Community colleges are there to help those (now over age 18) students
> plug the gaps in academics and get some basic technical training + if
> they're motivated, they can transfer their academic credits to a 4
> year program. With any luck, community college will be free to all
> students in the near future. It almost free here in California.
> Tuition was held at $13 per unit for years, if not decades, and is
> still low. Fees also add up, but the total pales in comparison to
> what people have to pay even for a public college or university.

I also think it depends on what part of the country you live in. My husband
learned brick laying when he was in high school. We have nothing like that
here. My school did have an auto shop class but I don't think they actually
worked on vehicles. It was more observation. Some schools have farming
type classes.

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 7:29:52 PM5/28/15

"Janet" <nob...@home.org> wrote in message
> In article <mk69qs$jg3$1...@dont-email.me>, juli...@frontier.com says...
>>
>> "Jeßus" <c...@jazo.org.il> wrote in message

>> > But life imprisonment or the death penalty is just fine though for 16
>> > year olds...
>> >
>> What are you talking about?

>> > You do realise it is VOLUNTARY?
>>
>> But still allowed. And that, IMO is not right.
>
> Not right to be paid to get an excellent training in multiple skills
> (anything from nursing to languages, IT, mechanics) which will stand
> them in good stead back in civilian life?
>
> Janet UK

It is the age. In this country a 16 year old is considered a minor and in
most cases would still live with their parents. Yes, there are exceptions.
I know someone who went away to a 4 year university at that age because he
graduated from high school early. That turned out to be a very bad
decision. He was too young to be able to handle life on his own like that
and he made some poor decisions. Like going to Canada on road trip. His
car broke down and nobody would rent him a room for the night. He had a
credit card. He was the only one in their group that had one. But because
he was a minor, nobody would take the card. And nobody would take cash as
payment for the room. I think his parents would up having to wire money for
the car repair.

A girl I went to high school with became emancipated when her parents both
died. She was very excited to be living on her own and she had been left
the sum of about $10,000 which she thought would last her forever. As you
can imagine, once she rented an apartment and furnished it, that money
didn't last long. And since she had dropped out of school, she couldn't get
a good job.

I guess we just have different systems here. That sort of thing just
wouldn't happen here. Our military does have apprentice programs but the
person has to be 18 or over and enrolled in college.

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 7:31:54 PM5/28/15

> "Janet" wrote in message
>

>> Not right to be paid to get an excellent training in multiple skills
>>(anything from nursing to languages, IT, mechanics) which will stand
>>them in good stead back in civilian life?
>
>> Janet UK
>
> Are you completely unaware of what it means to join the armed forces? It's
> not college. You want them to make that commitment irrevocably at age 16?
> That's insane.

Agree! Apparently things in their countries are far different than they are
here. From what I have read, the average age for people in this country to
move out from their parent's home is age 26. Of course there are exceptions
and I don't think that includes going away to a university that is far from
the parent's house. Because they often have to move back in there
temporarily until they get established.

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 7:36:01 PM5/28/15

> On Wed, 27 May 2015 23:49:07 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
>

>> "sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > It works if you want it to work. For me, it's a needless feature.
>>
>> It would seem to me like most people here are not interested in your app.
>> Glad it works for you but maybe you should stop pushing it.
>
> I'm not pushing "my" app. There are a billion of them out there. Use
> Google Keep, use something that came on that precious iPhone you can't
> use to any effect. Why you have one is beyond me. You can use a
> pencil and paper as long as your DD is shopping independently, but you
> reject that notion too.
>
> Complain (which some think of as "venting") elsewhere.

sf, I don't want *any* kind of an app. Now perhaps this will shut you up
about it. I did ask Angela about using the app. Not only did she say she
would not use it but she also would not take my list to the store. She said
she would take a pic of the list. So there you go. This is what they teach
in high school these days. Take a pic of it then you have no excuses.
Unless of course your phone breaks because it would seem that when you get a
new one, you lose all of your pics unless you have uploaded them elsewhere.

I didn't buy my phone to use with apps. I do think it is nice to be able to
access the Internet when I am away from home if I need to. I rarely do
that. In fact I rarely use my cell phone at all. I rarely use my GPS
either. I rarely wear a dress. Or a coat. But all of these things are
nice to have if I need them.

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 7:36:44 PM5/28/15

"jinx the minx" <jinx...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
>> "sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message

>>> So you connect dots to make a pattern. Equally as easy.
>>
>> What *are* you talking about? My phone has a 4 digit code that I must
>> put in when I use it.
>
> You don't have to use a passcode if you find it cumbersome, that is your
> choice.

The passcode is there for a reason.

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 7:37:23 PM5/28/15

"Cindy Hamilton" <angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 9:49:12 AM UTC-4, Jinx the Minx wrote:
>> "Julie Bove" <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
>
>> > What *are* you talking about? My phone has a 4 digit code that I must
>> > put in when I use it.
>>
>> You don't have to use a passcode if you find it cumbersome, that is your
>> choice.
>
> You're right about that. I've got an iPhone 5c and I disabled the
> passcode. I don't live in a crime-ridden hellhole, so I'm not worried
> about anyone else getting their hands on it.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Well you'd be a fool to not have a pass code here!

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 7:38:01 PM5/28/15

"Dave Smith" <adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> On 2015-05-28 9:57 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> You're right about that. I've got an iPhone 5c and I disabled the
>> passcode. I don't live in a crime-ridden hellhole, so I'm not worried
>> about anyone else getting their hands on it.
>>
> I have a friend in Holland who was on vacation in Spain. Her iPhone was
> stolen from her purse. The guys who stole it ran up over $1200 Euro in
> phone charges that she ended up being on the hook for because the phone
> was not locked.

Yep!

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 7:41:09 PM5/28/15

> On Thu, 28 May 2015 13:47:58 +0000 (UTC), jinx the minx
> <jinx...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> You don't have to use a passcode if you find it cumbersome, that is your
>> choice.
>
> Everything is a problem. Log on my foot.

No thank you. I just don't like apps, sf. This rather reminds me of the
story I was told about a friend that my husband had in high school. I never
met the guy. His other friends pointed to a road. They said if the guy
wanted to cross the road, instead of just walking across it, he would do all
sorts of things in a MacGyver like fashion. Like dig a secret tunnel under
the road, or find some rope and loop it up over things, securing it then use
the rope to climb over the road. In many cases those are what apps are like
to me. Ways to make things more difficult and time consuming.

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 7:42:29 PM5/28/15

> On Thu, 28 May 2015 05:39:44 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
>

>> "sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message

>> > So you connect dots to make a pattern. Equally as easy.
>>
>> What *are* you talking about? My phone has a 4 digit code that I must
>> put
>> in when I use it.
>
> So 4 digits is hard? Have you ever thought about making the time it
> takes your phone to go to sleep longer? Is an iPhone is really that
> far beyond your ability?

See there! I say one thing and you make it into another. I didn't say that
it was hard. I have the code on there for a reason and the timing is on
there also for a reason. I don't have problems with the phone and I don't
want your stinking app or any other!

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 7:44:05 PM5/28/15

> Let's face facts: Julie is just too plain lazy to type in a code, and too
> lazy to do anything about it.

You're doing it too! Of course I can type in the code. Do I like cell
phones? No! I hate them on many levels. But alas in today's society they
are necessary. And my words are exactly what I mean. Do not twist them
into something else. Now why don't you go put some pantyhose on and bake
something from scratch!

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 7:45:40 PM5/28/15

"Bruce" <Br...@Bruce.invalid> wrote in message
> rec.busybodies

Apparently so! I'm going out to buy bread. That's right. Buy it. All of
a sudden, someone else in the house decided to eat bread. So my little loaf
is all gone. I did a big shop yesterday so probably don't need anything
else unless I see something of interest. I'll be going to Central Market in
case anyone cares.

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 7:48:10 PM5/28/15

"Nancy Young" <rjynlyo...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> On 5/27/2015 11:20 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> Nancy Young wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> You can add her as an authorized user on your credit
>>> card to get her started on a credit score. I just did that
>>> for my college student niece. I did not actually give her
>>> the card or the number. Heh.
>
>> Absolutely not. I will get her one once she is working and she has a
>> basic debit card but not tied to more than what we put in it. In the
>> mean time, we are managing to pay for her college by scrimping and
>> saving.
>
> The idea is to give her your credit score, assuming it's good
> (no offense intended at all), not to provide her with the card
> to use. If you know her SSN, she doesn't even need to know
> about it.
>
> Not trying to convince you if that rubs you the wrong way. I
> did the same for my mother, though, as no one would give her
> a credit card since she had no credit history at the age of 80.
> She never actually used the card and she was able to get her
> own card in a couple of months.

I don't see why I should do that. Rather seems like cheating. I managed to
build up my own credit score rather quickly. I imagine she should do the
same. Otherwise how will she learn? Get a few store or gas cards. Charge
some things and pay off the bill. Then get a Visa card. She can easily get
one through BECU where she has had her savings account since birth.

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 7:48:38 PM5/28/15

> "Julie Bove" <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
>> "sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message

>>> Both of my kids and their spouses have iPhones. No log in is
>>> required. *Unlock* it via thumbprint. Easy.
>>
>> Can't do that on an Iphone 5.
>
> On the cheaper 5c you can't, but you can on the 5s.

I don't think mine has a letter. It's just a 5.

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 7:51:05 PM5/28/15

> On Thu, 28 May 2015 13:47:57 +0000 (UTC), jinx the minx
> <jinx...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> "Julie Bove" <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
>> > "sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message

>> > Can't do that on an Iphone 5.
>>
>> On the cheaper 5c you can't, but you can on the 5s.
>
> It's still not a log on. It's a simple passcode, which is apparently
> a BFD in Julie's world.

Did you get that earthquake there yet, sf? I should think that would be
much more of a concern to you than my phone. Oh yes, I know it will hit LA
but still... Supposed to affect all of CA.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2121937/earthquake-apocalypse-doomsday-prophet-predicts-magnitude-9-8-quake-will-destroy-los-angeles-on-may-28-2015/

I'm going to go get my bread now. I hope I make it back safely as all of
the West Coast could be affected.

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 7:51:46 PM5/28/15

> "sf" wrote in message news:8ijema5f47mskdq5i...@4ax.com...
>

>>It's still not a log on. It's a simple passcode, which is apparently
>>a BFD in Julie's world.
>
> How does Julie's stupid cell phone problem merit multiple useless posts?

It certainly shouldn't. I think these people have no life. sf just has her
panties in a wad because I don't want the app that she is pushing.

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 7:52:10 PM5/28/15

> In article <mk5a9b$ke9$1...@dont-email.me>, juli...@frontier.com says...
>

>> Who said that I wanted to make my life easier? Not me!
>
> Of course you don't; then you'd have nothing to whine about.

And yet, I wasn't whining. Was I? No.

sf

May 28, 2015, 7:56:21 PM5/28/15
Which has zero to do with passcodes.

Apps are tools. Sounds like you're not very good at making good
decisions about which tool is the right one for the job.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room.

cshenk

May 28, 2015, 8:45:53 PM5/28/15
Nunya Bidnits wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Nunya Bidnits" wrote in message news:mk7orv$hga$1...@dont-email.me...
>
> > Are you completely unaware of what it means to join the armed
> > forces? It's not college. You want them to make that commitment
> > irrevocably at age 16? That's insane.
>
> BTW can the parents of a 16 year old veto a decision to enlist?

Yes. The parent's have to sign to allow them to join before age 18.

cshenk

May 28, 2015, 8:55:35 PM5/28/15
sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Wed, 27 May 2015 21:42:39 -0500, "cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > It's none of our business but i suspect she's not taught her
> > daughter basic shopping skills.
>
> It's our business because she's made it our business. If she didn't
> invite people to comment, we'd know absolutely nothing about where she
> shops, how she shops, how much she buys, what she needs to throw out
> and what the people in her life won't eat. We also would not know
> she's "disabled" to the point where she needs to shop via the internet
> - until someone says "send your daughter with a shopping list" and
> then all of a sudden she's capable of doing her own shopping. It's a
> never ending circle.
>
> > Charlotte could shop for the family by age 14
> > and while she'd make a few 'oohh I want it' choices as a kid on
> > candy or something, she'd be better than letting my husband shop....
>
> Sounds normal to me. Hubby used to come back with ice cream and
> cookies, saying he couldn't find the milk and bread (milk and bread
> are exaggerations, but they get the point across).

Heheh I'm with ya on getting the wrong stuff but Don's not too bad. He
just won't price check well but part of that is visual acuity issues.
He's not blind mind you but there are problems enough he can't drive
(don't worry, he's had those issues since his late 20's and is
perfectly able to get around with cabs, feet, busses and so forth). He
has trouble with the smaller price labels so Charlotte would help with
that.

Since he's also a good cook, he's apt to get the right things.
Charlotte would too and some extra items on sale would land in the cart.

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 9:11:21 PM5/28/15

> On Fri, 29 May 2015 07:00:16 +1000, Bruce <Br...@Bruce.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 28 May 2015 10:17:14 -0700, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:

>> >So 4 digits is hard? Have you ever thought about making the time it
>> >takes your phone to go to sleep longer? Is an iPhone is really that
>> >far beyond your ability?
>>
>> rec.busybodies
>
> rec.foolswhocan'tuseiPhones

Who died and put you in charge of cell phones?

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 9:15:24 PM5/28/15

> On Thu, 28 May 2015 16:40:52 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
>

>> "sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message

>> > Everything is a problem. Log on my foot.
>>
>> No thank you. I just don't like apps, sf. This rather reminds me of the
>> story I was told about a friend that my husband had in high school. I
>> never
>> met the guy. His other friends pointed to a road. They said if the guy
>> wanted to cross the road, instead of just walking across it, he would do
>> all
>> sorts of things in a MacGyver like fashion. Like dig a secret tunnel
>> under
>> the road, or find some rope and loop it up over things, securing it then
>> use
>> the rope to climb over the road. In many cases those are what apps are
>> like
>> to me. Ways to make things more difficult and time consuming.
>
> Which has zero to do with passcodes.

But it did have to do with *this* app. This app would require the phone to
be in my hand and on to use it. If I am not actively using the phone, I
have to keep logging back in. This is why I hate to use the Cartwheel app
on my phone or mobile coupons at Target. Phone out and ready but then I
have to log back in 5-7 times before the cashier is ready to scan it.

> Apps are tools. Sounds like you're not very good at making good
> decisions about which tool is the right one for the job.

I am very good at it. In fact I took a test and the Navy wanted to hire me
a mechanic. I am even good at finding things to use when I don't have the
correct tool. An app is but one kind of tool. So is a credit card. I
don't like either one but for different reasons.

Nellie

May 28, 2015, 9:27:54 PM5/28/15
Go to Settings and change that.

Nellie

Jeßus

May 28, 2015, 11:16:21 PM5/28/15
Same in Aus except minimum age is 17.

Jeßus

May 28, 2015, 11:20:30 PM5/28/15
On Wed, 27 May 2015 22:42:44 -0700, "Julie Bove"
<juli...@frontier.com> wrote:

>"Jeßus" <c...@jazo.org.il> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 27 May 2015 13:53:26 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"Nunya Bidnits" <nunyab...@eternal-september.invalid> wrote in message

>> But life imprisonment or the death penalty is just fine though for 16
>> year olds...
>>
>What are you talking about?

Just pointing out that 16 year olds in the U.S have been known to
receive either life imprisonment or the death penalty. By comparison,
allowing 16 year olds to join the military doesnt seem so horrific?

>>>Agree. I am glad that my ancestors came over here! :):):)
>>
>> You do realise it is VOLUNTARY?
>
>But still allowed.

Naturally it's *allowed* if it is also voluntary... umm, yeah?

>And that, IMO is not right.

I don't see the problem myself.

Jeßus

May 28, 2015, 11:23:02 PM5/28/15
On Wed, 27 May 2015 22:43:30 -0700, "Julie Bove"
<juli...@frontier.com> wrote:

>"Jeßus" <c...@jazo.org.il> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 27 May 2015 04:09:28 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"Jeßus" <c...@jazo.org.il> wrote in message

>>>Oh? My reusable shopping bags are hurting the environment? How so?
>>
>> Did I say reusable shopping bags hurt the environment?
>> Is that your contribution to environmental responsibility, is it?
>
>Well, why not? Nothing wrong with it.

God... it's like talking to a child.
Message has been deleted

Julie Bove

May 28, 2015, 11:36:08 PM5/28/15

"Nellie" <julie...@gmail.com> wrote in message
What are you talking about? If this is to me, I don't have to change
anything. I have it set like that for a reason.

Julie Bove

May 29, 2015, 12:18:50 AM5/29/15

> On Wed, 27 May 2015 22:42:44 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
>

>>"Jeßus" <c...@jazo.org.il> wrote in message

>>> But life imprisonment or the death penalty is just fine though for 16
>>> year olds...
>>>
>>What are you talking about?
>
> Just pointing out that 16 year olds in the U.S have been known to
> receive either life imprisonment or the death penalty. By comparison,
> allowing 16 year olds to join the military doesnt seem so horrific?

Some may have but that certainly isn't the norm. That's not the same thing
though because in order for those things to have happened, they would have
had to broken the law and most likely killed someone. On purpose!

>>> You do realise it is VOLUNTARY?
>>
>>But still allowed.
>
> Naturally it's *allowed* if it is also voluntary... umm, yeah?
>
>>And that, IMO is not right.
>
> I don't see the problem myself.

Obviously.

Ophelia

May 29, 2015, 3:53:18 AM5/29/15

> US, UK, Australia, Netherlands and a few more countries keep sending
> their soldiers to Afghanistan to clean it up. The soldiers risk their
> lives, come home if they've survived and Afghanistan is still the same
> mediaeval, barbaric mess it always was. Next time, we should send the
> politicians who think of these things to Afghanistan.

Amen!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Nellie

May 29, 2015, 4:59:47 AM5/29/15
Oh right, right, of course. What *was* I thinking?

Nellie
Message has been deleted

Janet

May 29, 2015, 7:30:29 AM5/29/15
In article <mk87nj$hpv$1...@dont-email.me>, juli...@frontier.com says...
> > What "kind of work" ... they are apprentices and in training. They will
> > have had 2 years training minimum before they go anywhere near active
> > service. When they leave the military they have had fine training to go
> > into jobs in civvi street too.
>
> Yes but if it is trade type work, that likely wouldn't be allowed here at
> that age. Because they could get injured.

Which part of "training" and "apprentice" can't you understand?

Janet UK

Janet

May 29, 2015, 7:46:51 AM5/29/15
In article <mk88eu$jq4$1...@dont-email.me>, juli...@frontier.com says...

> "Nunya Bidnits" <nunyab...@eternal-september.invalid> wrote in message
> >

> > "Janet" wrote in message
> >

> >> Not right to be paid to get an excellent training in multiple skills
> >>(anything from nursing to languages, IT, mechanics) which will stand
> >>them in good stead back in civilian life?
> >
> >> Janet UK
> >
> > Are you completely unaware of what it means to join the armed forces? It's
> > not college. You want them to make that commitment irrevocably at age 16?

It's not an irrevocable commitment. Under 18's ( all trainees, none
would be on active service) can leave any of the Services by giving
three months' notice. Over 18's can be Discharged As Of Right (DAOR) if
they have completed 28 days of paid duty and, not more than three months
(Army) or six months (Royal Navy or RAF)has passed since you started
paid duty. You can be DAOR by writing to your Commanding Officer. You
will be discharged 14 days later.

Janet UK

sf

May 29, 2015, 4:35:13 PM5/29/15
What on earth are you doing with an iPhone when all you want or can
handle is an old fashioned clamshell dumb phone?

sf

May 29, 2015, 4:38:23 PM5/29/15
On Thu, 28 May 2015 18:27:50 -0700 (PDT), Nellie
<julie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Go to Settings and change that.

I doubt she can find Settings.

sf

May 29, 2015, 4:39:44 PM5/29/15
On Fri, 29 May 2015 01:59:43 -0700 (PDT), Nellie
<julie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh right, right, of course. What *was* I thinking?

And she wasn't complaining. Just telling us how hard it is to "log
on" (known as entering a pass code to the rest of us)

sf

May 29, 2015, 4:40:41 PM5/29/15
On Thu, 28 May 2015 16:42:12 -0700, "Julie Bove"
<juli...@frontier.com> wrote:

> I don't have problems with the phone

The rest of us heard complaints.

Ophelia

May 29, 2015, 4:46:43 PM5/29/15

"sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message
Whatever she wants to I guess, since she pays for it.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Gary

May 29, 2015, 5:36:18 PM5/29/15
Julie Bove wrote:

> Did you get that earthquake there yet, sf?

Sadly, no such luck. hehehe ;-)

Dave Smith

May 29, 2015, 6:15:58 PM5/29/15
There is some irony here. She can't figure that stuff out. You can't
figure that you are playing into her game of indulging her idiotic
attention seeking behaviour.

Julie Bove

May 29, 2015, 6:25:12 PM5/29/15

"sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message
Buy a clue, sf. We have a family plan with unlimited data. We have to pay
for all that goes with that anyway. So why not get a phone that can do it
all? I don't even want a phone but it's a necessity these days. I am
disabled and if something were to happen while I was out, I would need a
phone. Why do you have problems with what I have? I don't need a TV
either. Or a bed for that matter. But both are nice to have.

Julie Bove

May 29, 2015, 6:25:30 PM5/29/15

"Ophelia" <OphEl...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Indeed.

Julie Bove

May 29, 2015, 6:28:43 PM5/29/15

> On Thu, 28 May 2015 18:27:50 -0700 (PDT), Nellie
> <julie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Go to Settings and change that.
>
> I doubt she can find Settings.

*Smacks sf around a bit* You are really sticking in my craw, lady! I am
not stupid. I just prefer simple things. I have said countless times here
that I did POS work. I was the one who was called when a computer, phone or
a cash register broke down. If I could do all of that, I sure as hell could
find "settings" on my phone. And I have my phone set the way that it is
because that is how I want it to be. Now shut up or I'll smack you around
some more. That's just the kind of mood I am in today. It's hot here and
there was some sort of to do at the local high school. They had to put it
on lockdown. I have bigger fish to fry than you!

Julie Bove

May 29, 2015, 6:32:29 PM5/29/15

> On Fri, 29 May 2015 01:59:43 -0700 (PDT), Nellie
> <julie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Oh right, right, of course. What *was* I thinking?
>>

> And she wasn't complaining. Just telling us how hard it is to "log
> on" (known as entering a pass code to the rest of us)

No, sf. I didn't say that it was hard. You're just all upset because I'm
not going all gaga over your precious app.

Here's a thought! Play Mall World on Facebook! It's free and everything.
You can be my neighbor and I'll put looks in your lookbook for you! I'll
send you daily gifts and when I am feeling flush, I will buy you better
gifts. I'll clean your store for you and vote for you in fashion shows.
You can get a little dog and dress it up and I will buy it treats. Oh and
you can get the sister game called Fashion Designer. You can be my neighbor
there and I will speed up your designs. We can even buy each other's
designs. Oh squeeeeeeeee! Imagine the fun you can have.

Not to your liking? See? Now please just let it go.

Julie Bove

May 29, 2015, 6:33:12 PM5/29/15

> On Thu, 28 May 2015 16:42:12 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't have problems with the phone
>
> The rest of us heard complaints.

About a problem that doesn't exist. I do not want the app.! Where is the
problem in that?

Julie Bove

May 29, 2015, 6:33:58 PM5/29/15

"Gary" <g.ma...@att.net> wrote in message news:5568DBF4...@att.net...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Did you get that earthquake there yet, sf?
>
> Sadly, no such luck. hehehe ;-)

Actually there was one just after midnight near Redding. A lesser one hear
near Arlington and the strongest one somewhere in Alaska.

Jeßus

May 29, 2015, 7:18:57 PM5/29/15
On Wed, 27 May 2015 04:07:26 -0700, "Julie Bove"
<juli...@frontier.com> wrote:

>"Jeßus" <c...@jazo.org.il> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 26 May 2015 16:41:18 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"Jeßus" <c...@jazo.org.il> wrote in message

>>>Do you think that I just keep all sorts of cash here in the house?
>>
>> "all sorts of cash'? What does that mean? Cash is cash, isn't it?
>
>Yes and if I were to give her enough to buy groceries, I would have to give
>her $300 or more. That's not going to happen.
>>
>> I keep cash here at home, you never know when you might need it.
>> Particularly pertinent for me since I would have to drive over an hour
>> to find an ATM anyway - but that's largely immaterial in your case.
>
>I keep some too. Just not a lot. I would be foolish to try that again.
>>
>>>Where do
>>>you think I would get it from?
>>
>> Huh? What do you mean? Do you have no money?
>>
>>>And if I have to go out to the ATM to get
>>>it, then I might as well go to the grocery store because the ATM is either
>>>in there or outside of there.
>>
>> Another successful bovian negative inversion of reality.
>
>Well, no. That is where the ATMs are here. That and the banks. I do not
>go to the bank unless I have to.

I'll bet you could make an argument about why you can't go on life
support or kidney dialysis if the situation arose...

Jeßus

May 29, 2015, 7:21:16 PM5/29/15
On Thu, 28 May 2015 21:18:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
Well, indeed. But they are still 'children', are they not? And
therefore not responsible for their actions or decisions, according to
your point of view.

Julie Bove

May 29, 2015, 7:50:01 PM5/29/15

"Dave Smith" <adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
Why do you people keep lying? I know how to use the phone.

Message has been deleted

Julie Bove

May 29, 2015, 8:02:34 PM5/29/15

> On Wed, 27 May 2015 04:07:26 -0700, "Julie Bove"

> I'll bet you could make an argument about why you can't go on life
> support or kidney dialysis if the situation arose...

I live near a dialysis place. But I don't know if they take my insurance.

Julie Bove

May 29, 2015, 8:03:19 PM5/29/15

"Jeßus" <c...@jazo.org.il> wrote in message
There are always exceptions. I don't see things in black and white.

Jeßus

May 29, 2015, 9:23:09 PM5/29/15
On Fri, 29 May 2015 20:59:52 -0300, lucreti...@fl.it wrote:
>I've had a horrible day today, all day, thanks for the laugh :)

Glad it made your day a little bit better :)

Jeßus

May 29, 2015, 9:23:23 PM5/29/15
See?

Jeßus

May 29, 2015, 9:25:34 PM5/29/15
On Fri, 29 May 2015 17:02:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"
That is true, you can almost always find an exception. The problem, is
who gets to decide on that. I'm not a fan of the death penalty under
any circumstances (that I can think of).

Julie Bove

May 29, 2015, 9:43:27 PM5/29/15

"Jeßus" <c...@jazo.org.il> wrote in message
And yet, I don't need dialysis so that isn't even an issue.

Jeßus

May 29, 2015, 10:17:14 PM5/29/15
On Fri, 29 May 2015 18:43:06 -0700, "Julie Bove"
<juli...@frontier.com> wrote:

>"Jeßus" <c...@jazo.org.il> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 29 May 2015 17:02:12 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"Jeßus" <c...@jazo.org.il> wrote in message

>>>I live near a dialysis place. But I don't know if they take my insurance.
>>
>> See?
>
>And yet, I don't need dialysis so that isn't even an issue.

But you said once you had dialysis...

sf

May 29, 2015, 10:41:06 PM5/29/15
On Fri, 29 May 2015 16:49:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
<juli...@frontier.com> wrote:

> "Dave Smith" <adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > On 2015-05-29 4:35 PM, sf wrote:
> >> On Thu, 28 May 2015 16:43:48 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> >> <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
> >
> >> What on earth are you doing with an iPhone when all you want or can
> >> handle is an old fashioned clamshell dumb phone?
> >>

> > There is some irony here. She can't figure that stuff out. You can't
> > figure that you are playing into her game of indulging her idiotic
> > attention seeking behaviour.
>
> Why do you people keep lying? I know how to use the phone.

Yet the entire smart phone thing is something you say you hate and
it's obviously pushing your limits from the all complaining you did.

--

sf

Julie Bove

May 30, 2015, 1:19:55 AM5/30/15

"Jeßus" <c...@jazo.org.il> wrote in message
No I didn't.

Julie Bove

May 30, 2015, 1:21:22 AM5/30/15

"sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message
Where did I say that? I said that I hated cell phones for many reasons.
Both smart and dumb ones. For that matter I hate driving as well. Both
things are necessary though. What's pushing my limits is *you*!

Cindy Hamilton

May 30, 2015, 5:40:06 AM5/30/15
You know, if you stopped replying, everybody would drop it.

Cindy Hamilton
Message has been deleted

jmcquown

May 30, 2015, 6:39:55 AM5/30/15
On 5/26/2015 6:22 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> She knows all of this stuff Janet. Like I have said countless times
> before, she has been going grocery shopping with me since birth. She
> can read a SEM. She knows to front face when she removes things from
> the shelf. She knows how to put things back if she finds them in the
> wrong place. She also knows how to bag the groceries and to look for
> the bargains.

So... you've taught her how to get a job in a grocery store? ;)

Jill

Julie Bove

May 30, 2015, 6:41:30 AM5/30/15

"Cindy Hamilton" <angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
No, they wouldn't. That has been proven time and time again.

Julie Bove

May 30, 2015, 6:41:52 AM5/30/15

> They don't even stop if she's not here for a week. She fills a void in
> people's lives.

Apparently so!

jmcquown

May 30, 2015, 7:09:22 AM5/30/15
On 5/26/2015 9:40 PM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 26 May 2015 19:43:27 -0500, "cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> If Julie's daughter is 17, then she's still in HS and some of you are
>> pushing a bit too hard.
>
> That's why Julie would meal plan with her and teach her how to make a
> shopping list *that she would follow*. Phones are for double checking
> ingredients and deviations. I phone app could scan the bar code of
> what she wants and Julie wouldn't have any excuses left about why this
> can't be done. She still has her online places to order everything
> else. Julie over buys as it is, so meal planning and sending someone
> else with a shopping list isn't out of the question and good for her
> too.
>
> As far as money goes, there's no law against putting her DD on one of
> her credit cards to let her use when grocery shopping or buying a
> prepaid card to use. Julie can have custody of it at all times and
> only give it to her DD when she goes to the store with a list in hand.
> Some things seem to be too simple. If her DD can be trusted to drive,
> she can be trusted with a shopping list. If not, she shouldn't be out
> driving around.

That's pretty much my take on it, sf. They bought her a car, therefore
she must be at least responsible enough to drive around. Not a far
stretch to be able to handle a shopping list, be it via an app or a
paper list.

Just yesterday a woman called the shop and said her teenage daughter had
two flat tires (she was driving her mom's car). The woman said a
tow-truck was going to bring the car (and daughter) to the shop to get
the tires replaced. The mom called ahead, told me "She's got my credit
card, here's my phone number, she has my authorization to use it. Call
me if there's a problem." There was no problem. So no, Julie's
daughter wouldn't have to run around with a bunch of cash. She could be
added as an authorized user to a credit/debit card. Or as you suggested
a prepaid card if she's worried about her daughter doing a bunch of
impulse shopping.

Jill

Gary

May 30, 2015, 7:29:37 AM5/30/15
Bruce wrote:

> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> >Julie Bove wrote:
> >> About a problem that doesn't exist. I do not want the app.! Where is the
> >> problem in that?
> >
> >You know, if you stopped replying, everybody would drop it.
>
> They don't even stop if she's not here for a week. She fills a void in
> people's lives.

True. heheh
TGIJ! She keeps the group alive. ;-D

Julie Bove

May 30, 2015, 7:39:12 AM5/30/15

"jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
Well, since I never worked in a grocery store, probably not. I did work in
a store and I taught her how to show so as not to make the store employee's
jobs harder.

jmcquown

May 30, 2015, 8:42:27 AM5/30/15
On 5/28/2015 12:02 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Wed, 27 May 2015 22:41:10 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
>

>> "sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message

>>> No. All you do is complain about every little mundane thing that
>>> happens in your life.
>>
>> Most of the time I am just making comments and you see it as complaining.
>
> ALL your posts are *negative* comments, ALL about NOT & CAN"T... not
> liking, can't do/have... I've not yet seen you post anything positive,
> you've never yet posted about anything you like/enjoy. Julie, face
> facts, you are THE COMPLAINER EXTRORDINAIRE!

Absolutely true. Can't, won't, don't like, etc. I remember her from
the RFC chat room. We'd be chatting about whatever type of food it was
and she'd chime in with "EWWWW" or "I don't like that". It was always
about what she didn't like and wouldn't or couldn't (for whatever
reason) eat. I have no idea why she's on RFC since there seems to be so
little she and her family actually like about food and cooking.

As far as I can tell she's got a great can opener.

Jill

Brooklyn1

May 30, 2015, 11:52:17 AM5/30/15
No, she said she had bialysis with cream cheese.

Brooklyn1

May 30, 2015, 12:22:15 PM5/30/15
On Fri, 29 May 2015 22:21:00 -0700, "Julie Bove"
<juli...@frontier.com> wrote:

>"sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 29 May 2015 16:49:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
>>

>>> "Dave Smith" <adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

>>> Why do you people keep lying? I know how to use the phone.
>>
>> Yet the entire smart phone thing is something you say you hate and
>> it's obviously pushing your limits from the all complaining you did.
>
>Where did I say that? I said that I hated cell phones for many reasons.
>Both smart and dumb ones. For that matter I hate driving as well. Both
>things are necessary though.

Driving could be necessary when one needs to get from point A to point
B on a regular basis and it's too far to walk,or ride a bicycle and
there is no public transportation... but a cell phone is not
necessary... I've lived all these years and have used a cell phone but
once for 30 seconds and really didn't need to. I finally got a trac
fone a couple of years ago because it was inexpensive yet I thought it
would be a good thing for an emergency since there are practically no
pay phones anymore. I found a much better deal and have had it for a
year but have never used it... I have the $5/month plan... so far it's
cost me $60 for something I've never used and have to remember to
charge its batrtery about once a month and it's something more I need
carry with me when I go out, but I usually forget:
http://www.puretalkusa.com/
I can't remember ever making a social call when I'm not at home. At
home I use a land line but I don't make many social calls, most days
none. I would guess at home my phone rings about ten times more than
calls I make, and most calls I make are to a business, not social...
and none need to be called when I'm not at home. I hear people on
cell phones everywhere I go, all the conversations I hear are
absolutely inane... cell phone addicts are very sick.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Janet B

May 30, 2015, 1:17:12 PM5/30/15
On Sat, 30 May 2015 11:29:04 -0500, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
wrote:

>On Sat, 30 May 2015 12:22:11 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> I finally got a trac
>> fone a couple of years ago because it was inexpensive yet I thought it
>> would be a good thing for an emergency since there are practically no
>> pay phones anymore. I found a much better deal and have had it for a
>> year but have never used it... I have the $5/month plan...
>
>Tracfone does not have a $5/month plan. The least you can pay for
>service is about $7.50/month.
>
>-sw
He got something with a lesser payment than Tracfone
Janet US
Message has been deleted

Nancy Young

May 30, 2015, 1:26:18 PM5/30/15
On 5/30/2015 12:31 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 30 May 2015 11:29:04 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 30 May 2015 12:22:11 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>>> I finally got a trac
>>> fone a couple of years ago because it was inexpensive yet I thought it
>>> would be a good thing for an emergency since there are practically no
>>> pay phones anymore. I found a much better deal and have had it for a
>>> year but have never used it... I have the $5/month plan...
>>
>> Tracfone does not have a $5/month plan. The least you can pay for
>> service is about $7.50/month.
>
> And if you've had it for a couple years, you've paid over $150.

Which is zip compared to other phone bills.

nancy

Janet B

May 30, 2015, 1:38:39 PM5/30/15
On Sat, 30 May 2015 12:20:58 -0500, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
wrote:

>On Sat, 30 May 2015 11:17:05 -0600, Janet B wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 30 May 2015 11:29:04 -0500, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
>> wrote:

>>>Tracfone does not have a $5/month plan. The least you can pay for
>>>service is about $7.50/month.
>>>
>> He got something with a lesser payment than Tracfone
>
>He said he got a "trac fone" above. And has said it before. And I've
>corrected him on the price before. But he still insists on lying.
>
>-sw

He talks about the Tracfone and then says " I found a much better deal
and have had it for a
>>>"
Janet US
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

sf

May 30, 2015, 2:08:56 PM5/30/15
On Sat, 30 May 2015 11:17:05 -0600, Janet B <nos...@cableone.net>
wrote:

> On Sat, 30 May 2015 11:29:04 -0500, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 30 May 2015 12:22:11 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> >
> >> I finally got a trac
> >> fone a couple of years ago because it was inexpensive yet I thought it
> >> would be a good thing for an emergency since there are practically no
> >> pay phones anymore. I found a much better deal and have had it for a
> >> year but have never used it... I have the $5/month plan...
> >
> >Tracfone does not have a $5/month plan. The least you can pay for
> >service is about $7.50/month.
> >
> >-sw
> He got something with a lesser payment than Tracfone
> Janet US

Hubby's plan is $75 a year or 2000 minutes (whichever comes first).
No monthly payments.

--

sf

Nancy Young

May 30, 2015, 2:12:13 PM5/30/15
On 5/30/2015 1:49 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Of course. But you only get text and voice for $7.33/month. If you
> plan on using any data/web or buy any games, you'll be paying a lot
> more - plus the cost of the higher end smartphone. The non-smart
> phones are useless for web browsing. The outdated and piddly browsers
> don't work.

I'm one of those weirdos who only wants to use a phone for
calling and texting. so it works for me. And having a cell
phone for that cheap beats having a land line for %50+ a month,
that's why I switched.

nancy

jmcquown

May 30, 2015, 2:26:11 PM5/30/15
On 5/30/2015 1:20 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 30 May 2015 11:17:05 -0600, Janet B wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 30 May 2015 11:29:04 -0500, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
>> wrote:

>>> Tracfone does not have a $5/month plan. The least you can pay for
>>> service is about $7.50/month.
>>>
>> He got something with a lesser payment than Tracfone
>
> He said he got a "trac fone" above. And has said it before. And I've
> corrected him on the price before. But he still insists on lying.
>
> -sw

Maybe we should ask him to take a picture of his phone. ;)

Jill

Cheri

May 30, 2015, 2:43:37 PM5/30/15

"jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
Only if he features it on the black plate. ;-)

Cheri

Julie Bove

May 30, 2015, 3:53:32 PM5/30/15

> On 5/26/2015 9:40 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 May 2015 19:43:27 -0500, "cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> If Julie's daughter is 17, then she's still in HS and some of you are
>>> pushing a bit too hard.
>>
>> That's why Julie would meal plan with her and teach her how to make a
>> shopping list *that she would follow*. Phones are for double checking
>> ingredients and deviations. I phone app could scan the bar code of
>> what she wants and Julie wouldn't have any excuses left about why this
>> can't be done. She still has her online places to order everything
>> else. Julie over buys as it is, so meal planning and sending someone
>> else with a shopping list isn't out of the question and good for her
>> too.
>>
>> As far as money goes, there's no law against putting her DD on one of
>> her credit cards to let her use when grocery shopping or buying a
>> prepaid card to use. Julie can have custody of it at all times and
>> only give it to her DD when she goes to the store with a list in hand.
>> Some things seem to be too simple. If her DD can be trusted to drive,
>> she can be trusted with a shopping list. If not, she shouldn't be out
>> driving around.
>>
> That's pretty much my take on it, sf. They bought her a car, therefore
> she must be at least responsible enough to drive around. Not a far
> stretch to be able to handle a shopping list, be it via an app or a paper
> list.

How many times must I say this? She bought her OWN car. She got a very
good deal on it. It was my mom's car. My mom is blind now and can no
longer drive.

> Just yesterday a woman called the shop and said her teenage daughter had
> two flat tires (she was driving her mom's car). The woman said a
> tow-truck was going to bring the car (and daughter) to the shop to get the
> tires replaced. The mom called ahead, told me "She's got my credit card,
> here's my phone number, she has my authorization to use it. Call me if
> there's a problem." There was no problem. So no, Julie's daughter
> wouldn't have to run around with a bunch of cash. She could be added as
> an authorized user to a credit/debit card. Or as you suggested a prepaid
> card if she's worried about her daughter doing a bunch of impulse
> shopping.

Using a credit card like that is not legal and I don't believe your story.
Nobody in their right mind would do that. The card owner could just call
the bank and refuse to pay. And no way would I add her to my credit card.
That would be just stupid on sooo many levels. It is clear that you don't
have a teen or you wouldn't say that. And no, I am not paying extra for a
prepaid card. That would be just as stupid.

Cindy Hamilton

May 30, 2015, 3:53:39 PM5/30/15
Granted, you would have to exercise some self-control and stop
reading threads that have diverged from their original topic
to All Julie, All the Time.

Cindy Hamilton

Julie Bove

May 30, 2015, 3:58:53 PM5/30/15

"jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
I wish you would stop lying. I might have done that once and somebody told
me to stop. I did stop. And then I said nothing because you all were
talking of food that I didn't like. And then I got chastised for not
chatting. I also got chastised for chatting with certain people. One of
the moderators didn't like the person I was chatting with and wanted him to
leave so got angry with me for chatting with him. I also put up with tons
of your whining about your mother. I tried to be polite. The last straw
for me was when someone (not you) kept insisting that my medical insurance
was Champus and that I was on Medicaid. Neither thing true. And things
went all religious. Two people kept hammering at me about stuff that I
won't get into here, so I left.

I have many pleasant chats with various men in there like Boli, Blake and
Joseph Little Shoes. We talked about food and all sorts of other things and
there was no problem ever. No drama. Same thing for some of the women like
Kiliknini. But then there were others like you, and I just got to where I
left the chat when these people came in. It was far from pleasant.

I haven't used the chat in years. Why are you living in the past?

Nunya Bidnits

May 30, 2015, 4:05:18 PM5/30/15
"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

>You know, if you stopped replying, everybody would drop it.

>Cindy Hamilton

You know, if you stopped replying, everybody would drop it.

Jus sayin'.

Nunya Bidnits

May 30, 2015, 4:20:37 PM5/30/15

"jmcquown" wrote in message

>As far as I can tell she's got a great can opener.

>Jill

FFS why don't you people all shut up. Not only can you not
resist replying to Julie's trolls, you can't even control
yourselves from incessantly babbling idiotic crap ABOUT her and
her trolls. WTF.

Ophelia

May 30, 2015, 4:27:21 PM5/30/15

"Nunya Bidnits" <nunyab...@eternal-september.invalid> wrote in message
They don't just reply to Julie, they start things too.

Did I just see Jill saying that someone had bought Julie a car? Is that
the same as being given a house?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Nunya Bidnits

May 30, 2015, 4:40:20 PM5/30/15

"Nancy Young" wrote in message

>I'm one of those weirdos who only wants to use a phone for
>calling and texting. so it works for me. And having a cell
>phone for that cheap beats having a land line for %50+ a month,
.that's why I switched.

>nancy

The talk is a big convenience, the data is really nice to have
in my pocket, and texting still SUCKS! It's phone, but people
don't realize you can actually talk into it and have someone
else hear you.

Nunya Bidnits

May 30, 2015, 4:49:45 PM5/30/15

"Ophelia" wrote in message

>> FFS why don't you people all shut up. Not only can you not
>> resist replying to Julie's trolls, you can't even control
>> yourselves from incessantly babbling idiotic crap ABOUT her
>> and her trolls. WTF.

>They don't just reply to Julie, they start things too.

>Did I just see Jill saying that someone had bought Julie a car?
>Is that the same as being given a house?

You just did it again. Apparently this is a strange compulsion
that robs people of their self-awareness.

Jeßus

May 30, 2015, 5:29:16 PM5/30/15
On Fri, 29 May 2015 22:19:33 -0700, "Julie Bove"
<juli...@frontier.com> wrote:

>"Jeßus" <c...@jazo.org.il> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 29 May 2015 18:43:06 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> <juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"Jeßus" <c...@jazo.org.il> wrote in message

>>>And yet, I don't need dialysis so that isn't even an issue.
>>
>> But you said once you had dialysis...
>
>No I didn't.

That is true. I just wanted to see what lying felt like :)

Ophelia

May 30, 2015, 5:31:28 PM5/30/15

"Nunya Bidnits" <nunyab...@eternal-september.invalid> wrote in message
You are doing it yourself.

Just a matter of balance.

Sometimes the anti Julie posts become overwhelming. They tell her she
mustn't respond. Why doesn't everyone stop responding to her. Why is it
only
her responsibility and not the that of the mob?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Dave Smith

May 30, 2015, 5:34:02 PM5/30/15
On 2015-05-30 5:29 PM, c...@jazo.org.il wrote:

>>> But you said once you had dialysis...
>>
>> No I didn't.
>
> That is true. I just wanted to see what lying felt like :)

Nice try, but that was intentional. She is a pathological liar. She
problem feels nothing when she lies because she may not even be aware
that she is lying, or she has intentionally lied so many times she feels
nothing when she does it.

Nunya Bidnits

May 30, 2015, 5:35:55 PM5/30/15

"Jeßus" wrote in message

>>> But you said once you had dialysis...
>
>>No I didn't.

>That is true. I just wanted to see what trolling felt like,
>since I'm painfully dim and need to retrain myself _every day_.
>:(

How do you come about the delusion that you are any less
trollish than Julie?

Brooklyn1

May 30, 2015, 5:41:30 PM5/30/15
wrote:

>On Sat, 30 May 2015 12:22:11 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> I finally got a trac
>> fone a couple of years ago because it was inexpensive yet I thought it
>> would be a good thing for an emergency since there are practically no
>> pay phones anymore. I found a much better deal and have had it for a
>> year but have never used it... I have the $5/month plan...
>
>Tracfone does not have a $5/month plan. The least you can pay for
>service is about $7.50/month.

Learn reading, dwarf.

Nunya Bidnits

May 30, 2015, 5:43:46 PM5/30/15

"Ophelia" wrote in message

>"Nunya Bidnits" <nunyab...@eternal-september.invalid> wrote
>in message
>
>>"Ophelia" wrote in message
>

>>>Did I just see Jill saying that someone had bought Julie a
>>>car? Is that
>>>the same as being given a house?
>
>> You just did it again. Apparently this is a strange
>> compulsion that robs
>> people of their self-awareness.

>You are doing it yourself.

No, you are in denial.

>Just a matter of balance.

> Sometimes the anti Julie posts become overwhelming. They
> tell her she mustn't respond.

I agree, that is dumb of them to expect that she will shut up.
She is the defective here, others supposedly not. Which of those
is supposed to have the presence of mind not to stir up the
defects?

>Why doesn't everyone stop responding to her.

In case you still haven't noticed, that is what I've been
asking, repeatedly. AFAIAC Julie is quite obviously trolling
this group, and as such she owns a number of people here. It's
the people who respond to her and furthermore feel compelled to
discuss their clever retorts among themselves who are the
problem. One troll is easy to ignore. A dozen or more dedicated
followers, not so much.

Brooklyn1

May 30, 2015, 5:44:16 PM5/30/15
wrote:

>On Sat, 30 May 2015 11:29:04 -0500, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 30 May 2015 12:22:11 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>>> I finally got a trac
>>> fone a couple of years ago because it was inexpensive yet I thought it
>>> would be a good thing for an emergency since there are practically no
>>> pay phones anymore. I found a much better deal and have had it for a
>>> year but have never used it... I have the $5/month plan...
>>
>>Tracfone does not have a $5/month plan. The least you can pay for
>>service is about $7.50/month.
>>
>>-sw
>He got something with a lesser payment than Tracfone
>Janet US

The dwarf's reading comprension has never been above kindergarten.

Nunya Bidnits

May 30, 2015, 5:45:03 PM5/30/15

"Dave Smith" wrote in message

>She is a pathological liar. She problem feels nothing when she
>lies because she may not even be aware that she is lying, or
>she has intentionally lied so many times she feels nothing when
>she does it.

That's absolutely horrific. What are you going to do about it?

Nancy Young

May 30, 2015, 5:47:09 PM5/30/15
On 5/30/2015 4:40 PM, Nunya Bidnits wrote:

> "Nancy Young" wrote in message news:_3nax.901047$396.8...@fx12.am4...

>> I'm one of those weirdos who only wants to use a phone for
>> calling and texting. so it works for me. And having a cell
>> phone for that cheap beats having a land line for %50+ a month,
> .that's why I switched.

> The talk is a big convenience, the data is really nice to have in my
> pocket, and texting still SUCKS! It's phone, but people don't realize
> you can actually talk into it and have someone else hear you.

It's the way people like to get in touch these days, I'm okay if
it's just a quick way of getting info across. I'd rather email
than talk on the phone, so who am I to complain.

But any kind of conversation gets *really* old, fast. My SIL
loves to send long texts, one after another, holy crow can you
just call me?

nancy
It is loading more messages.