Made the national news

Dave Smith

Apr 25, 2020, 11:45:16 PM4/25/20
We had a very unfortunate situation in our town this week and it made
the national news. The frachisee/manager of the Sobey's grocery store in
town has been sick for the last month or so and has tested positive for
Covid 19 and he had been going to work the whole time. The man is also a
town council member (for my ward) and had insisted on attending a
council meeting in person despite teleconference having been sent up.
Another council member who attended that meeting had also tested
positive for the virus and died last week.

People in town are furious with the guy. He was always a great guy. It's
a very difficult situation for us. He had been Citizen of the Year just
two years ago. He has always been a major supporter of community
activities and supporter of charities and non profits. He was a big
help for us with the art festival, setting up a table for us to sell
tickets and giving us flowers to give away with ticket purchases. He had
also set provided a spot for my friend to solicit donations and
sponsorships for the Ride for Dads to raise money for prostate cancer.

It's really hard to understand how a pillar of the community and
successful businessman could have had such bad judgement. People are
furious with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UahAiv_id30&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3Ufi2oFFgLA2YY2SlDdpcG9PxVUonhEWh-YPcw_6w3lEduDr9Gs9Aw4aE

dsi1

Apr 26, 2020, 12:13:40 AM4/26/20
Covid-19 guilt will be widespread in the near future. How does one reconcile the feeling that, because they weren't careful enough, a child, brother, sister, wife, husband, friend, is dead? It's going to be a heavy burden for sure. OTOH, the good news is that the psycho-therapy field is going to be slamming! It's going to be a slamming time if one is looking to buy real estate, cars, and God knows what else.

Taxed and Spent

Apr 26, 2020, 6:47:22 AM4/26/20
Going to be a great time for lawyers, too.

Bruce

Apr 26, 2020, 7:13:15 AM4/26/20
Gonna be a wonderful Lawsuit Extravaganza in the Land of the Free.
Enjoy whilst y'all fight over them there dollars!

Bruce

Apr 26, 2020, 7:20:18 AM4/26/20
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 03:47:19 -0700, Taxed and Spent
<nospam...@nonospam.com> wrote:

How do you drive Americans crazy? Put them in a round room and tell
them there's a ten-dollar not laying in the corner.

Bruce

Apr 26, 2020, 7:21:33 AM4/26/20
<nospam...@nonospam.com> wrote:

How do you drive Americans crazy? Put them in a round room and tell
them there's a ten-dollar note laying in the corner.

Sheldon Martin

Apr 26, 2020, 8:02:02 AM4/26/20
>How do you drive American men crazy? Put them in a round room and tell
>them there's a ten-dollar whore laying in the corner.

songbird

Apr 26, 2020, 8:42:09 AM4/26/20
Dave Smith wrote:
> It's really hard to understand how a pillar of the community and
> successful businessman could have had such bad judgement. People are
> furious with him.

there's a lot of older people who are completely spoiled
and unable to think of others. there are also a lot of
people who are fairly senile but they manage to get by but
that doesn't mean they are competent when it comes down to
figuring out risks and assessing what they need to do to
keep themselves and others safe.

all you can do is hope they stay away. unfortunately some
of us live with others so we can't quarantine as we'd like.
it's a farkin crap shoot. good luck.

songbird

Cindy Hamilton

Apr 26, 2020, 8:56:33 AM4/26/20
Most American's would stare blankly in incomprehension. We call it a
ten-dollar bill.

Cindy Hamilton

Lucretia Borgia

Apr 26, 2020, 10:30:13 AM4/26/20
Just be glad that's all you are in the National news for - we wish in
NS.

Pamela

Apr 26, 2020, 10:48:40 AM4/26/20
That's tragic in so many ways. It's definitely bad judgement and how many
more did he go on to infect at public meetings?

Sheldon Martin

Apr 26, 2020, 11:02:39 AM4/26/20
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 Lucretia Borgia wrote:
NS?

Lucretia Borgia

Apr 26, 2020, 12:31:54 PM4/26/20
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 11:02:35 -0400, Sheldon Martin <penm...@aol.com>
wrote:
Nova Scotia - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJQdvb0rgls

U.S. Janet B.

Apr 26, 2020, 12:46:24 PM4/26/20
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 08:01:51 -0400, songbird <song...@anthive.com>
wrote:
Dave's example is that of a privileged man who has made rules, never
followed them. Old folks, at least around here, follow all the rules.
Janet US

Dave Smith

Apr 26, 2020, 12:59:06 PM4/26/20
That is the impression that a lot of the people have, and he has been
judged severely the people in this area. The people who are willing to
crucify him now were his customers. There are only two grocery stores in
town and everyone knows him. Until this story came out I doubt that you
would have heard a bad word about him. He was involved in a lot of
community events. He supported charities and fundraising events. He had
a smile and a greeting for everyone who came into the store. When he
ran for town council he was a shoo-in. Now..... he dare not show his face.

Hank Rogers

Apr 26, 2020, 2:20:07 PM4/26/20
Sounds like one of your setups to sniff lots of asses for only $10

dsi1

Apr 26, 2020, 2:36:29 PM4/26/20
It's probably best not to play the blame game. This virus is so easy to spread that you'd have to prove malicious intent when bad things happen. We're all just babes in the woods, in the dark. Well that's just the way I see it. Just make sure to ignore anybody that gives out nutty medical advice.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-disinfectants-covid-19/

Dave Smith

Apr 26, 2020, 3:02:27 PM4/26/20
On 2020-04-26 2:36 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 12:47:22 AM UTC-10, Taxed and Spent

>> Going to be a great time for lawyers, too.
>
> It's probably best not to play the blame game. This virus is so easy
> to spread that you'd have to prove malicious intent when bad things
> happen. We're all just babes in the woods, in the dark. Well that's
> just the way I see it. Just make sure to ignore anybody that gives
> out nutty medical advice.

One thing we have consider is that a lot of people who test positive for
the virus don't feel sick, don't have any symptoms and don't get sick
... yet<?> I don't know if that means they are immune to it, resistant
to it, or just don't get affected enough for it to be a problem. We
keep hearing about places like nursing homes where staff are testing
positive and being sent home, but who are not sick. Meanwhile, their
elderly charges are dropping like flies.

dsi1

Apr 26, 2020, 3:38:26 PM4/26/20
A lot of people that are carriers of the virus will feel fine. You could feel fine and be spreading it all over the place. A lot of people that have this novel virus will also have a blood oxygen level not capable of sustaining life and yet feel fine. It's a most curious thing.

My guess is that what this means is that a lot of people will have had this infection, feel fine, and never see a doctor but will have lung damage to varying degrees after all this is over. The compromised lung function and low oxygen levels in the blood means, for a lot of people, that by the time they do display symptoms, it's too late to do much of anything.

Bruce

Apr 26, 2020, 3:41:11 PM4/26/20
Maybe couch potatoes need less oxygen so will never notice anything?

dsi1

Apr 26, 2020, 3:57:11 PM4/26/20
You said you never got up before 1 PM when you were a young man? That pretty much makes you an expert on being a couch potato. My suggestion is that you get a cheap Chinese pulse oximeter and use it daily.

Bruce

Apr 26, 2020, 4:01:05 PM4/26/20
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 12:57:07 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
But I went to bed at 5AM, so that's 8 hours of sleep. Just not at the
same time of day as you.

>My suggestion is that you get a cheap Chinese pulse oximeter and use it daily.

Not so belligerent please, Mr Aloha. I wasn't attacking you.

Dave Smith

Apr 26, 2020, 4:18:18 PM4/26/20
The guy at the centre of this story has broken his silence and released
a statement to the press. He said that when he we was more than the
recommended 6 feet from anyone and claims that he and his wife had been
monitoring their health. He was later contacted by Public Health and
told that he had been in contact with someone who had tested positive
for Covid 19. He asked to be tested and and self isolated, leaving the
house only to go for the test. One the 20th he tested positive but was
told that he was no longer contagious and could continue his normal
activities.

dsi1

Apr 26, 2020, 4:19:09 PM4/26/20
I didn't think you were attacking me. OTOH, I'm appalled that you didn't go to your classes because you would have rather slept. My guess is that your college education was free or very cheap.

I used to go to school with people who didn't have to pay for it and they just had a shitty attitude about being there. Not me, of course. I had to pay $47 a month. Are you kidding? That like $2.35 a day. I'm not throwing that away!

Bruce

Apr 26, 2020, 4:26:58 PM4/26/20
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 13:19:04 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
It was uni (is that the same as college?) and I didn't have to pay for
it, which was good because I had no money whatsoever.

>I used to go to school with people who didn't have to pay for it and they just had a shitty attitude about being there. Not me, of course. I had to pay $47 a month. Are you kidding? That like $2.35 a day. I'm not throwing that away!

I didn't throw it away. I graduated. Other people quit after 3 or 4
years. That's what I call throwing away.

Dave Smith

Apr 26, 2020, 5:57:48 PM4/26/20
On 2020-04-26 4:19 p.m., dsi1 wrote:

> I didn't think you were attacking me. OTOH, I'm appalled that you
> didn't go to your classes because you would have rather slept. My
> guess is that your college education was free or very cheap.
>
> I used to go to school with people who didn't have to pay for it and
> they just had a shitty attitude about being there. Not me, of course.
> I had to pay $47 a month. Are you kidding? That like $2.35 a day. I'm
> not throwing that away!

That is one of the questions I have had about post secondary education.
In some countries it is free and they pat themselves on their
collective backs for valuing education. My post secondary education was
not free, though I recognize that it was heavily subsidized. Like most
people I knew, I had to work my way through school. I had always had
part time work, so it was not a foreign concept to me.

While I university I met a wide range of people. Some of them came from
affluent backgrounds and some came from the low end of the
socio-economic ladder. I was in the middle or a little above, My parents
could not afford to pay my tuition and books, but I did not qualify for
assistance from the government. However, I did have a summer job that
paid well, and I had part time work during the year.

I did spend some of my time in bars with my friends. One thing I
notices was that some of those who came from wealthy backgrounds seemed
to always be there. Some of those who were there on government grants
were always there. That kind of led me to the conclusion that if a post
secondary education is important, you should have to work for it.

dsi1

Apr 26, 2020, 6:05:30 PM4/26/20
I'm pretty much against forcing kids into classes where they don't want to be in. That's just a waste of everybody's time. Time is so very important.

graham

Apr 26, 2020, 6:07:22 PM4/26/20
Bollocks!
When I went to Uni, everyone went on a means-tested grant with the
wealthy getting a minimum one but still having the fees paid. VERY few
played around. The vast majority worked bloody hard on their courses.

Bruce

Apr 26, 2020, 6:22:40 PM4/26/20
Good, good. No classes before 1PM.

Bruce

Apr 26, 2020, 6:25:39 PM4/26/20
My ideal was to get a 6- (on ten) for an exam. 6- was the lowest grade
you'd pass with. Anything higher and I felt like I worked too hard or
hadn't skipped enough classes.

dsi1

Apr 26, 2020, 6:26:53 PM4/26/20
The only thing that matters is if you wanted to learn or not.

Bruce

Apr 26, 2020, 6:30:13 PM4/26/20
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 15:26:50 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
I wanted to graduate. I didn't want to put in the "effort" and not get
the reward, the piece of paper.

cshenk

Apr 26, 2020, 6:42:47 PM4/26/20
Not to wonder that today you are a dolt and gobsmacking failure

Bruce

Apr 26, 2020, 6:52:35 PM4/26/20
Let's just say that I'm efficient, Greg. Always look for the positive.

Dave Smith

Apr 26, 2020, 7:56:24 PM4/26/20
That's nice, but this has nothing at all to do with forcing kids into
classes they don't want to be in. It is post secondary education. They
have to apply and to qualify for it, and someone has to pay for it.

Dave Smith

Apr 26, 2020, 8:00:30 PM4/26/20
On 2020-04-26 6:07 p.m., graham wrote:

>> I did spend some of my time in bars with my friends.  One thing I
>> notices was that some of those who came from wealthy backgrounds
>> seemed to always be there. Some of those who were there on government
>> grants were always there.  That kind of led me to the conclusion that
>> if a post secondary education is important, you should have to work
>> for it.
>>

> Bollocks!
> When I went to Uni, everyone went on a means-tested grant with the
> wealthy getting a minimum one but still having the fees paid. VERY few
> played around. The vast majority worked bloody hard on their courses.

It is not bollocks. I applied to assistance in my first year. I was
entitled to a $135 loan and a $15 grant. It was such a paltry amount
that I did not even bother to apply in my second year. The load got
screwed up in the middle of my fourth year the bank started hassling me
for immediate repayment.

dsi1

Apr 26, 2020, 8:26:49 PM4/26/20
When I was going to technical school, most of my classmates were about 10 years younger than I. Most of them were slackers and didn't pay for their classes. I'd try to hook up with older people that were serious students as lab partners. One of them dropped out, another one got a job at the airlines, another on died on me. I didn't have much luck with lab partners.

Another student was an electrician with experience working on high tension lines. I could always tell when he was walking down the hall into class. Nobody walks like an ex-Marine DI. Another guy's job was laying intercontinental underwater telecommunications cable. That guy was from Liverpool. I loved those guys and I was glad to meet them but most of the other students didn't want to be there. Being in a class with people like that was a real drag.

Bruce

Apr 26, 2020, 8:41:22 PM4/26/20
So were you a teacher's pet?

Bruce

Apr 26, 2020, 8:41:49 PM4/26/20
Life in a capitalist country.

graham

Apr 26, 2020, 8:47:42 PM4/26/20
It is bollocks! If we failed our first or subsequent years, we lost the
grant. That was incentive enough for most.

Dave Smith

Apr 26, 2020, 8:51:54 PM4/26/20
Then there were guys like Ernie, who was at the university on grants and
loans. He was one guy you could always count on seeing at the bar. He
was in first year for the fourth time. I guess things vary from one
place to another.

Julie Bove

Apr 27, 2020, 12:46:49 AM4/27/20

"dsi1" <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote in message
---

Thing is... Most people have no symptoms. They won't know they are infecting
others.

Leo

Apr 27, 2020, 2:02:58 AM4/27/20
On 2020 Apr 26, , Dave Smith wrote
(in article <r5jpG.51200$mI3....@fx37.iad>):

> That is the impression that a lot of the people have, and he has been
> judged severely the people in this area. The people who are willing to
> crucify him now were his customers. There are only two grocery stores in
> town and everyone knows him. Until this story came out I doubt that you
> would have heard a bad word about him. He was involved in a lot of
> community events. He supported charities and fundraising events. He had
> a smile and a greeting for everyone who came into the store. When he
> ran for town council he was a shoo-in. Now..... he dare not show his face.

He didn’t mean to do any damage, and he didn’t think he would. I’m
going keep beating this drum. Only part of what you hear about covid19 is
true, and that’s by too little science, current hard to resolve
statistics leading to prognostication and serendipity. Nobody knows sh*t,
but they’re working on it and making some progress every day. Opening
businesses in some U.S. States will open our eyes further, for better or
worse.
2 cents

leo

Bruce

Apr 27, 2020, 2:21:09 AM4/27/20
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 23:02:53 -0700, Leo <leobla...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
I don't wish corona virus on anybody, but why do Americans use
Republican states as guinea pigs by opening them first to see what
happens? Now lots of good ole God fearing Republicans are at risk!

Leo

Apr 27, 2020, 3:31:48 AM4/27/20
On 2020 Apr 26, , Bruce wrote
(in article<k9ucaf1i2qh0qdgh5...@4ax.com>):

> I don't wish corona virus on anybody, but why do Americans use
> Republican states as guinea pigs by opening them first to see what
> happens? Now lots of good ole God fearing Republicans are at risk!

I would prefer one lower infection State at a time, opened two weeks apart
at a time, but I ain’t runnin’ the joint. The Governors’ are. So
we’ll see.

leo

Bruce

Apr 27, 2020, 3:35:07 AM4/27/20
On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 00:31:43 -0700, Leo <leobla...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
I just read that the states that are opening up, don't test enough, so
they don't know what's going on. They're flying blind.

dsi1

Apr 27, 2020, 3:42:12 AM4/27/20
Two things will happen.

Some people will blame other people for infecting other people or themselves.

Some people will blame themselves for infecting other people. If you think everybody is going to get out of this mess clean, you're wrong.

Leo

Apr 27, 2020, 4:18:54 AM4/27/20
On 2020 Apr 27, , Bruce wrote
(in article<ln2dafp715sdraclt...@4ax.com>):

> I just read that the states that are opening up, don't test enough, so
> they don't know what's going on. They're flying blind.

What does test enough mean? Nobody knows. We’ll see. I’d suggest using
MIL-STD-105D and use (state population) as the lot size. If you’re
randomly picked, you get tested, but nobody listens to me.

leo

dsi1

Apr 27, 2020, 4:25:39 AM4/27/20
We should have a Mr. Nobody running for president. His campaign slogan, "Nobody Listens to You!" sounds like a real winner. If you ask me, we should just act as if everybody is infected. That would simplify everything. Of course, nobody listens to me either.

Bruce

Apr 27, 2020, 4:27:02 AM4/27/20
On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 01:18:49 -0700, Leo <leobla...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
If you have no idea how many of your population are infected, it's
very arbitrary to say that it's now safe to open things up again. But
if you're not worried, why would I be?

Leo

Apr 27, 2020, 4:53:22 AM4/27/20
On 2020 Apr 27, , Bruce wrote
(in article<1o5daf5cd4qtghr0f...@4ax.com>):

> If you have no idea how many of your population are infected, it's
> very arbitrary to say that it's now safe to open things up again. But
> if you're not worried, why would I be?

I’m anxious enough to shop infrequently and wear a mask. I don’t touch
my face with my contaminated hands until thoroughly washed when I get home.
That’s the best that I’m going to do. Once at home and washed up, I
don’t obsess on further cleanliness. Don’t worry. Be happy!

leo

Bruce

Apr 27, 2020, 5:02:34 AM4/27/20
On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 01:53:16 -0700, Leo <leobla...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
I think you're being sensible. Sooner or later we have to leave home,
but we do it as little as we can. And that's in lucky (so far)
Australia.

Bruce

Apr 27, 2020, 5:07:28 AM4/27/20
A Dutch blood bank that's said to be a good representation of the
population, measured corona antibodies in donated blood. 3.5% had
antibodies.* That's rather disappointing. Herd immunity is taking its
sweet time (if immunity even exists in this case).

Cindy Hamilton

Apr 27, 2020, 6:09:29 AM4/27/20
"Americans" are not using Republican states as guinea pigs. Those
states are using themselves as guinea pigs.

Again, you overestimate the power of the federal government. Our
Constitution deliberately gives those powers to the states and not
to the Fed.

Cindy Hamilton

Bruce

Apr 27, 2020, 6:50:04 AM4/27/20
Yes, and they are Americans.

>Again, you overestimate the power of the federal government. Our
>Constitution deliberately gives those powers to the states and not
>to the Fed.

I know that. I would have to be deaf and blind not to know that.

Cindy Hamilton

Apr 27, 2020, 7:52:31 AM4/27/20
You make it sound like people in Florida, Michigan, New Jersey, etc. are
using people in Georgia as guinea pigs.

> >Again, you overestimate the power of the federal government. Our
> >Constitution deliberately gives those powers to the states and not
> >to the Fed.
>
> I know that. I would have to be deaf and blind not to know that.

Do you want a real answer? The governments in the states being used
as guinea pigs think the economy is more important than the lives of
their citizens.

Happily, my governor realizes that the economy is made up of citizens,
and is doing all that is reasonable keep us from harm. Provided that
we're smart enough to do what's prudent.

Cindy Hamilton

Gary

Apr 27, 2020, 8:37:03 AM4/27/20
Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> "Americans" are not using Republican states as guinea pigs. Those
> states are using themselves as guinea pigs.
>
> Again, you overestimate the power of the federal government. Our
> Constitution deliberately gives those powers to the states and not
> to the Fed.

Not only that but even many citizens are protesting (in large
groups) against their own governors and the stay at home
restrictions.

Even in those areas, it's just the vocal crowd that makes
the news. I suspect that many in those areas will still
opt on the side of caution. I know I will.

Sheldon Martin

Apr 27, 2020, 1:11:45 PM4/27/20
I've always opted on the side of caution. I'm not a party animal,
never was. I'm the epitomy of a homebody, I've no need to go where
people congregate, I'm comfortable staying at home. I've no need for
company, I actually don't enjoy a meal eating at a table of people I
hardly know. I've been practising social distancing all my life,
since long before the term was invented. I don't practise any
religion, if I ever have the need my favorite place to worship is
sitting on the throne, praying everything comes out okay. My only
inconvience is having to grocery shop in a hurry, I would normally
explore all the aisles and chat with the ladies. Now I grab what I
need and depart... it feels freaky with everyone fitted out like the
Lone Ranger. I rush through my shopping as the mask fogs my
glasses... mask comes off soon as I'm in my car. I try to choose my
once a week to shop when the store in fairly empty, that small store
is never crowded anyway... between 10-11 in the AM it's practically
only me... I leave my home made cloth mask in my car. Rather than
launder it every time I filled a small eyeglass cleaner bottle with
rubbing alchohol, it's more an atomizer than a spray, 5-6 pumps and
that cloth mask is saturated.

Bruce

Apr 27, 2020, 1:44:04 PM4/27/20
On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 04:52:23 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
<angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Monday, April 27, 2020 at 6:50:04 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 03:09:15 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> <angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Again, you overestimate the power of the federal government. Our
>> >Constitution deliberately gives those powers to the states and not
>> >to the Fed.
>>
>> I know that. I would have to be deaf and blind not to know that.
>
>Do you want a real answer? The governments in the states being used
>as guinea pigs think the economy is more important than the lives of
>their citizens.

Yes, that's the problem. Just like Republicans think the economy is
more important than the environment. It's Republican thinking that's
destroying the planet.

Bruce

Apr 27, 2020, 1:44:51 PM4/27/20
On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 08:36:04 -0400, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:

It's nice of the rednecks to offer themselves for a bit of
experimenting.

Bruce

Apr 27, 2020, 1:45:33 PM4/27/20
On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 13:11:40 -0400, Sheldon Martin <penm...@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 08:36:04 -0400, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:
>
>>Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>> "Americans" are not using Republican states as guinea pigs. Those
>>> states are using themselves as guinea pigs.
>>>
>>> Again, you overestimate the power of the federal government. Our
>>> Constitution deliberately gives those powers to the states and not
>>> to the Fed.
>>

>>Not only that but even many citizens are protesting (in large
>>groups) against their own governors and the stay at home
>>restrictions.
>>
>>Even in those areas, it's just the vocal crowd that makes
>>the news. I suspect that many in those areas will still
>>opt on the side of caution. I know I will.
>
>I've always opted on the side of caution. I'm not a party animal,
>never was. I'm the epitomy of a homebody, I've no need to go where
>people congregate, I'm comfortable staying at home.

And the beautiful thing is that the world agrees with you.

Hank Rogers

Apr 27, 2020, 2:42:29 PM4/27/20
Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 01:18:49 -0700, Leo <leobla...@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2020 Apr 27, , Bruce wrote
>> (in article<ln2dafp715sdraclt...@4ax.com>):
>>
>>> I just read that the states that are opening up, don't test enough, so
>>> they don't know what's going on. They're flying blind.
>>
>> What does test enough mean? Nobody knows. We’ll see. I’d suggest using
>> MIL-STD-105D and use (state population) as the lot size. If you’re
>> randomly picked, you get tested, but nobody listens to me.
>
> If you have no idea how many of your population are infected, it's
> very arbitrary to say that it's now safe to open things up again. But
> if you're not worried, why would I be?

Because each person that dies represents one less ass for yoose to
sniff Fruce.

Gary

Apr 27, 2020, 3:50:11 PM4/27/20
Really no need to even sanitize that mask. Just put it in glove
compartment and any virus will die within a few days. Just don't
wrap it up in plastic until it dries out. I used mine for the
first time last Wednesday. I plan to go again tomorrow morning.

I agree with all you said above. I've always been a loner and I'm
fine just with myself. I know so many people though that go
crazy if they don't have company even for one night.

Notice on the nightly news how so many people are freaking
out with this isolation thing. It's funny.

I'm always happy enough to stay home alone, read a book, watch
some tv, use the internet. No worries here.

Bruce

Apr 27, 2020, 4:00:32 PM4/27/20
Not everybody's like you (or me). Social distancing just happens to
suit your character. That doesn't make you superior or anything, just
lucky.

GM

Apr 27, 2020, 5:12:24 PM4/27/20
I am pretty much like you, I like solitude and quiet. However I am getting weary of the work from home thang, my work is primarily conducted "one - on - one" or in a live class and I miss that contact; also all that we do is being extremely micro - managed, not used to that. And I HATE Zoom, MS Team, etc....

On the bright side, our jobs are secure, and hopefully only one more month of this, so count my blessings...

--
Best
Greg

cshenk

May 3, 2020, 4:15:07 PM5/3/20
cshenk wrote:

> Bruce wrote:

> > education. >>  In some countries it is free and they pat
> > themselves on their >> collective backs for valuing  education. My
> > post secondary education was >> not free, though I recognize that
> > it was heavily subsidized.  Like most >> people I knew, I had to
> > work my way through school. I had always had >> part time work, so
> > it was not a foreign concept to me. >>
> > came from >> affluent backgrounds and some came from the low end of
> > the >> socio-economic ladder. I was in the middle or a little
> > above, My parents >> could not afford to pay my tuition and books,
> > but I did not qualify for >> assistance from the government.
> > However, I did have a summer job that >> paid well, and I had part
> > time work during the year. >>
> > I >> notices was that some of those who came from wealthy
> > backgrounds seemed >> to always be there. Some of those who were
> > there on government grants >> were always there.  That kind of led
> > me to the conclusion that if a post >> secondary education is
> > important, you should have to work for it. >>
> > > Bollocks!
> > > When I went to Uni, everyone went on a means-tested grant with
> > > the wealthy getting a minimum one but still having the fees paid.
> > > VERY few played around. The vast majority worked bloody hard on
> > > their courses.
> >
> > My ideal was to get a 6- (on ten) for an exam. 6- was the lowest
> > grade you'd pass with. Anything higher and I felt like I worked too
> > hard or hadn't skipped enough classes.
>

> Not to wonder that today you are a dolt and gobsmacking failure

LOL, direct Gregory Morrow post to Bruce who as everyone knows, is in
my killfile so I only see him is someone quotes him. Note, I'm not
even in this thread at all.

Bruce

May 3, 2020, 4:27:18 PM5/3/20
On Sun, 03 May 2020 15:14:58 -0500, "cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote:

>cshenk wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote:
>>
>> > My ideal was to get a 6- (on ten) for an exam. 6- was the lowest
>> > grade you'd pass with. Anything higher and I felt like I worked too
>> > hard or hadn't skipped enough classes.
>>

>> Not to wonder that today you are a dolt and gobsmacking failure
>
>LOL, direct Gregory Morrow post to Bruce who as everyone knows, is in
>my killfile so I only see him is someone quotes him. Note, I'm not
>even in this thread at all.

A rather confused contribution by cshenkie.

cshenk

May 3, 2020, 4:45:39 PM5/3/20
Sorry, I did not write that.

It is Bruce who is "spoofing" me, please check the headers.

Bruce

May 3, 2020, 4:50:04 PM5/3/20
Don't throw clueless accusations around, please. I never spoof anyone.

cshenk

May 3, 2020, 4:53:09 PM5/3/20

From: "cshenk" <gregorymorr...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Made the national news
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 13:45:33 -0700 (PDT)
<ttnpG.78138$FJ6....@fx44.iad> <r850mn$r8m$1...@dont-email.me>
<1e2cafthlhpant9vu...@4ax.com>
<21c23346-6efa-445d...@googlegroups.com>
<gsSdnVDQYYrfuzLD...@giganews.com>
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking

I don't care who. I am tired of this crap.

Bruce

May 3, 2020, 5:16:52 PM5/3/20
On Sun, 03 May 2020 15:53:01 -0500, "cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote:

>cshenk wrote:
>
>> LOL, direct Gregory Morrow post to Bruce who as everyone knows, is in
>> my killfile so I only see him is someone quotes him. Note, I'm not
>> even in this thread at all.
>

>Sorry, I did not write that.
>
>It is Bruce who is "spoofing" me, please check the headers.
>
>I don't care who. I am tired of this crap.

It sucks. Just don't accuse me.

Hank Rogers

May 3, 2020, 7:05:34 PM5/3/20
Is she bitching about you? Poor Gruce.