Dinner at Riverhouse

Ed P

Sep 20, 2023, 12:20:26 PM9/20/23
My granddaughter took me to dinner last night. The Riverhouse is right
near the mouth of the Manatee river and the water is salty. Just in from
the Gulf We did watch a dolphin go by and there are sharks at times there.

If you scroll down to the overhead image, you will see it is a distance
from the parking area. We walked, but they do have a golf cart that
will take you back and forth if you want.

If you look to the left of the walk, there is a blue building that
stands out. Looks like a church? Well, it was a floating wedding
chapel and it would take up to 100 people around the bay for the service.

Out of commission now, it was converted to an AirB&B and goes for
$400/night with a 3 night minimum.

https://riverhousefl.com/

bruce bowser

Sep 20, 2023, 2:19:15 PM9/20/23
On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 12:20:26 PM UTC-4, Ed P wrote:
> My granddaughter took me to dinner last night. The Riverhouse is right
> near the mouth of the Manatee river

Really though, what's anyone doing in Florida this time of year? It's still too hot, right? I didn't think that your crowd appeared back in Florida until some time after Halloween when it finally gets cooler, right?

bruce bowser

Sep 20, 2023, 2:20:54 PM9/20/23
Remember, Florida can really dump out some skin-damaging sunburn before November.

Ed P

Sep 20, 2023, 2:32:50 PM9/20/23
Yes, still hot but we do things every day. Dining out is one of them,
I don't do a lot of outdoor activity but many do.

cshenk

Sep 20, 2023, 5:07:21 PM9/20/23
He moved there a few years ago.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Sep 20, 2023, 5:49:27 PM9/20/23
Nice looking place! What did y'all have for dinner??

Hank Rogers

Sep 20, 2023, 7:04:25 PM9/20/23
It's cooling down now. Hell, you'll need a towel warmer by late
october.

Hank Rogers

Sep 20, 2023, 7:06:50 PM9/20/23
When, exactly? If you are the repository of data here, you need
to be more precise.

Ed P

Sep 20, 2023, 8:24:51 PM9/20/23
Shared a bruschetta appetizer. I had fish & chips, she had a Po Boy.
The mojito was good too.

Bruce

Sep 20, 2023, 9:11:59 PM9/20/23
Artificially intelligent friend to the rescue:
"A po' boy is a sandwich from New Orleans, Louisiana. It is made with
a long loaf of French bread that is split in half and filled with meat
or seafood, lettuce, tomato, and pickles."

"A mojito is a classic Cuban cocktail made with white rum, sugar, lime
juice, soda water, and mint."

Sounds very good.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

bruce bowser

Sep 24, 2023, 2:23:23 PM9/24/23
Really? In Australië, an you speak Walloon? or Flemish? [Eerlijk gezegd? In Australië, spreek jij Waals of Vlaams?]

Bruce

Sep 24, 2023, 3:32:51 PM9/24/23
Walloon is the Belgian version of French and Flemish is the Belgian
version of Dutch. I speak Netherlands Dutch, not Belgian Dutch.