I had Fish and pasta sauce for Dinner this evening

John Kuthe

Jul 30, 2023, 5:26:07 PM7/30/23
And it was GOOD! :-)

John Kuthe, RN, BSN

Bruce

Jul 30, 2023, 5:34:22 PM7/30/23
On Sun, 30 Jul 2023 14:26:03 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
<johnk...@gmail.com> wrote:

>And it was GOOD! :-)

Did the fish wink at you one last time before you bit into it?

Hank Rogers

Jul 30, 2023, 5:37:43 PM7/30/23
John Kuthe wrote:
> And it was GOOD! :-)
>
> John Kuthe, RN, BSN

Who gave it to you?

Thomas

Jul 30, 2023, 5:40:47 PM7/30/23
On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 5:26:07 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> And it was GOOD! :-)
>
> John Kuthe, RN, BSN
What kind of pasta sauce was on the fish?

John Kuthe

Jul 30, 2023, 6:11:09 PM7/30/23
None on the fish, on the surround Egg Noodle dish.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN

John Kuthe

Jul 30, 2023, 6:11:56 PM7/30/23
NYOB! A young lady!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN

Bruce

Jul 30, 2023, 6:15:55 PM7/30/23
None Your Own Business?

Hank Rogers

Jul 30, 2023, 6:38:34 PM7/30/23
Did you thank her by licking her anus?

dsi1

Jul 30, 2023, 6:48:24 PM7/30/23
On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 11:26:07 AM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> And it was GOOD! :-)
>
> John Kuthe, RN, BSN

I had some fish the other night - sorta. Are shrimp fish? Beats me.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/F9BPqFVbc9urpafL8

Bruce

Jul 30, 2023, 7:16:46 PM7/30/23
Why do people always leave the tail on? Who's going to eat saucy
shrimp with their hands?

dsi1

Jul 30, 2023, 7:30:21 PM7/30/23
It's a problem the Hawaiians face every day. The tails are left on because the shells are left on. Sometimes the heads are left on too. I'll eat any kind of shrimp. My least favorite would be shrimps that are cooked without the shell.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/s36kNGqvJweDcfKz5

John Kuthe

Jul 30, 2023, 7:50:08 PM7/30/23
On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 5:38:34 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:

> >> Who gave it to you?
> >
> > NYOB! A young lady!
> >
> > John Kuthe, RN, BSN
> >
> Did you thank her by licking her anus?

No.

John KutheRN, BSN

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jul 30, 2023, 8:03:36 PM7/30/23
On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 6:50:08 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

> > > NYOB! A young lady!

If you've signed up for food stamps or early Social Security, there's no
shame in getting assistance. It's just a shame you did not manage
your money wisely.

GM

Jul 30, 2023, 8:18:49 PM7/30/23
White neighbors are very expensive...

--
GM

Thomas

Jul 30, 2023, 8:22:57 PM7/30/23
Gotta phrase things better to not confuse me.
Fish and pasta works.

Thomas

Jul 30, 2023, 8:23:59 PM7/30/23
None yo bidness.

Bruce

Jul 30, 2023, 8:27:47 PM7/30/23
On Sun, 30 Jul 2023 16:30:17 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
<dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:

>On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 1:16:46 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 30 Jul 2023 15:48:20 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:

>> >I had some fish the other night - sorta. Are shrimp fish? Beats me.
>> >
>> >https://photos.app.goo.gl/F9BPqFVbc9urpafL8
>> Why do people always leave the tail on? Who's going to eat saucy
>> shrimp with their hands?
>
>It's a problem the Hawaiians face every day. The tails are left on because the shells are left on. Sometimes the heads are left on too. I'll eat any kind of shrimp. My least favorite would be shrimps that are cooked without the shell.
>
>https://photos.app.goo.gl/s36kNGqvJweDcfKz5

I can understand leaving the entire shell on, and see it often.
Flavour over comfort and hygiene or less work for the cook. But why
only leave the tail on??

Thomas

Jul 30, 2023, 8:28:37 PM7/30/23
Finger food for dipping?

Bruce

Jul 30, 2023, 8:34:41 PM7/30/23
On Sun, 30 Jul 2023 17:28:33 -0700 (PDT), Thomas <cano...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 8:27:47 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 30 Jul 2023 16:30:17 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:

>> >It's a problem the Hawaiians face every day. The tails are left on because the shells are left on. Sometimes the heads are left on too. I'll eat any kind of shrimp. My least favorite would be shrimps that are cooked without the shell.
>> >
>> >https://photos.app.goo.gl/s36kNGqvJweDcfKz5
>> I can understand leaving the entire shell on, and see it often.
>> Flavour over comfort and hygiene or less work for the cook. But why
>> only leave the tail on??
>Finger food for dipping?

Yes, but if it's saucy or soupy?

jmcquown

Jul 30, 2023, 8:52:51 PM7/30/23
No shame in it at all. Interesting he's suddenly turned into a
pescatarian who drinks liqueur.

Jill

dsi1

Jul 30, 2023, 9:52:35 PM7/30/23
If it didn't have a tail, it wouldn't look like a shrimp. Who the heck cooks shrimp without the tail? That's crazy talk.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/f4iib66aoQNpu1ic6

songbird

Jul 30, 2023, 11:21:02 PM7/30/23
Bruce wrote:
> I can understand leaving the entire shell on, and see it often.
> Flavour over comfort and hygiene or less work for the cook. But why
> only leave the tail on??

tradition.

songbird

Mike Duffy

Jul 30, 2023, 11:25:20 PM7/30/23
On 2023-07-30, dsi1 wrote:

> I'll eat any kind of shrimp.

> My least favorite would be shrimps
> that are cooked without the shell.

Mine would be uncooked, with or without shell.

Michael Trew

Jul 31, 2023, 1:22:15 PM7/31/23
Yesterday, I had my annual regrettable stop at Long John Silver's.
Frankly, your meal looks better. We had a platter with two pieces of
fish, one piece chicken, and three large shrimp plus a large order of
fries and two hush puppies was reasonable at under $13 out the door, but
it was horridly greasy, as I remember it. So much food that Sophia and
I could barely finish it all.

I don't know what's on the menu tonight, but I have a large head of
cabbage in the fridge, and I think it's begging to be chopped up and
cooked with butter, kielbasa, and tossed with egg noodles.

Michael Trew

Jul 31, 2023, 1:23:53 PM7/31/23
I agree. If it's saucy, the tail left on is a mess to eat. I'm told
they do it because cooking with the tail on imparts more flavor, but the
tails and shells would be best saved for a seafood broth or something else.

Cindy Hamilton

Jul 31, 2023, 1:41:03 PM7/31/23
On 2023-07-31, Michael Trew <michae...@att.net> wrote:
> On 7/30/2023 6:48 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 11:26:07 AM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> And it was GOOD! :-)
>>>
>>> John Kuthe, RN, BSN
>>
>> I had some fish the other night - sorta. Are shrimp fish? Beats me.
>>
>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/F9BPqFVbc9urpafL8
>
> Yesterday, I had my annual regrettable stop at Long John Silver's.
> Frankly, your meal looks better. We had a platter with two pieces of
> fish, one piece chicken, and three large shrimp plus a large order of
> fries and two hush puppies was reasonable at under $13 out the door,

You get what you pay for.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton

Jul 31, 2023, 1:42:52 PM7/31/23
On 2023-07-31, Michael Trew <michae...@att.net> wrote:
It's trivially easy to remove the tail at the table with a fork and a
butter knife. I can even manage to keep that little bit of meat inside
the tail attached to the rest of the shrimp.

As finger food, you'll just have to commit to losing that little bit of
the meat.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Sqwertz

Jul 31, 2023, 1:48:35 PM7/31/23
On Sun, 30 Jul 2023 14:26:03 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:

> And it was GOOD! :-)
>
> John Kuthe, RN, BSN

Next time use the butter on the fish and the pasta sauce on the
egg noodles.

Fish with spaghetti sauce - YUM! <BARF>

There are some good mediteranean fish (cod usuall;y) with a
tomato-and-other-stuff (olives, capers, etc..), but tis wasn't one
of them.

-sw

-sw

Sqwertz

Jul 31, 2023, 1:49:48 PM7/31/23
LIAR! You had over-cooked mystery fish smothered in spaghetti
sauce.

-sw

Bruce

Jul 31, 2023, 1:50:59 PM7/31/23
On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 17:42:46 GMT, Cindy Hamilton
<hami...@invalid.com> wrote:

>On 2023-07-31, Michael Trew <michae...@att.net> wrote:
>> On 7/30/2023 8:34 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> Yes, but if it's saucy or soupy?
>>
>> I agree. If it's saucy, the tail left on is a mess to eat. I'm told
>> they do it because cooking with the tail on imparts more flavor, but the
>> tails and shells would be best saved for a seafood broth or something else.
>
>It's trivially easy to remove the tail at the table with a fork and a
>butter knife.

That's not the issue. The question is why it's there.

Sqwertz

Jul 31, 2023, 1:56:14 PM7/31/23
God, I hate places that seasons, bread, batters, and/or sauces
and serves as a dish with the shells still in tact.
Those shrimp aren't evil cleaned or the EZ-Peel.

-sw

dsi1

Jul 31, 2023, 2:06:18 PM7/31/23
I have some cabbage. I'll plan on making some canned corn beef and cabbage. That's old style Hawaiian cooking. I tested out my old wok last night with some pork and eggplant. It was some fun. The eggplant was steamed first. I'll make a bigger batch tonight. I have to be careful with eggplant - my blood sugar dropped into the 50's so I was eating candy at 1 o'clock in the morning.
The same is true with bitter melon. I love eggplant and bitter melon. Unfortunately, bitter melon is going for $5.49/lb at the moment.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EVdRAhBL4NbuFCw69

dsi1

Jul 31, 2023, 2:13:55 PM7/31/23

Bruce

Jul 31, 2023, 2:27:44 PM7/31/23
It looks great and I'm sure it tastes great. Just have a shower
afterwards or you'll be a shrimp for the rest of the day.

dsi1

Jul 31, 2023, 2:51:53 PM7/31/23
I bought some head-on shrimp yesterday. Perhaps I'll make some salt and pepper shrimp. I'm on a wok jag and there some things you have to make when you wok.

jmcquown

Jul 31, 2023, 4:43:47 PM7/31/23
It's used as a handle. Think shrimp cocktail. The shrimp is peeled and
cooked and, at least the way I recall the presentation from when I was a
kid, the shrimp hung over the side of a glass that contained cocktail
sauce for dipping. There was a small plate on the side for discarding
the tails after dipping and eating the shrimp.

Jill

Bruce

Jul 31, 2023, 5:10:33 PM7/31/23
On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 16:43:33 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
Yes, but that doesn't apply to shrimp in a sauce or a soup.

Leonard Blaisdell

Jul 31, 2023, 10:56:50 PM7/31/23
On 2023-07-31, Cindy Hamilton <hami...@invalid.com> wrote:

> It's trivially easy to remove the tail at the table with a fork and a
> butter knife. I can even manage to keep that little bit of meat inside
> the tail attached to the rest of the shrimp.

> As finger food, you'll just have to commit to losing that little bit of
> the meat.

And choking down or savoring the mud-vein. Different strokes, I guess.
I have a Western U.S. view on shellfish. I like 'em gutted before they
hit my plate.

Bruce

Jul 31, 2023, 11:05:17 PM7/31/23
On 1 Aug 2023 02:56:44 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
<leobla...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 2023-07-31, Cindy Hamilton <hami...@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> It's trivially easy to remove the tail at the table with a fork and a
>> butter knife. I can even manage to keep that little bit of meat inside
>> the tail attached to the rest of the shrimp.
>
>> As finger food, you'll just have to commit to losing that little bit of
>> the meat.
>

>And choking down or savoring the mud-vein.

You call that mud? :)

> Different strokes, I guess.
>I have a Western U.S. view on shellfish. I like 'em gutted before they
>hit my plate.

You can get shrimp in the shell, yet gutted.

Leonard Blaisdell

Aug 1, 2023, 1:44:54 AM8/1/23
On 2023-08-01, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> You can get shrimp in the shell, yet gutted.

Purged, perhaps. Think of a gutted rabbit without a broken skin.
Or, we're talking apples and oranges. If a shrimp isn't E-Z peel, I have
a tool that takes care of the mud-vein and shell. Mud vein? Let's call
it a poop chute.

Bruce

Aug 1, 2023, 1:57:04 AM8/1/23
On 1 Aug 2023 05:44:48 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
They (or you) make a narrow incision along the back with a sharp
knife, pull the poop chute out and leave the shell otherwise intact.
Best of both worlds.

Leonard Blaisdell

Aug 1, 2023, 3:03:26 AM8/1/23
On 2023-08-01, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> They (or you) make a narrow incision along the back with a sharp
> knife, pull the poop chute out and leave the shell otherwise intact.
> Best of both worlds.

I failed "Crustacean Surgery 101", and qualified surgeons are expensive.
I have sucked the heads in New Orleans once, but those were crawdads.
I also ate soft shelled blue crabs once. I felt I was gut munching.
That was enough. Right or wrong, I was through.
Although it would save Mother Gaia, I ain't solid with eating bugs for
dinner for the same reason.
I ain't a guts guy, except for sausage skins. I enjoyed fifty percent of
the snails I've eaten. I've eaten them twice.
To each, their own.

Cindy Hamilton

Aug 1, 2023, 7:28:39 AM8/1/23
There typically isn't much in that final section of tail. I've never
found it to be gritty.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Bering Sea Bar & Brig@MarthaStewart.GoodThing

Aug 1, 2023, 1:46:51 PM8/1/23
No knifes just crack the shell in one bite and chomp the meat.

Bering Sea Bar & Brig@MarthaStewart.GoodThing

Aug 1, 2023, 1:51:14 PM8/1/23
On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 4:37:43 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> > And it was GOOD! :-)
> >
> > John Kuthe, RN, BSN
> >
> Who gave it to you?

Free with a pole and worm:
"Favorite sport fish include walleye, sauger, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, channel catfish, northern pike, bluegill and crappies. On the Mississippi River, you don't necessarily need a boat to catch them! "

Says googs.

Leonard Blaisdell

Aug 3, 2023, 10:30:54 PM8/3/23
It's not the texture, it's the thought. Having said that, I peel and eat
the last segment of a shrimp and devour whole raw oysters.
Apparently, I pick and choose my offal. So be it.