Ikea meatball recipe

Julie Bove

Apr 26, 2015, 5:40:11 AM4/26/15
This comes straight from the source!

http://www.food.com/recipe/ikea-swedish-meatballs-294387

As you can see, Jill, they do contain both dairy and egg. I didn't need
anyone to tell me this! I did not know they contained potato which I also
can not have. I did peg the sauce though. Essentially a beef gravy with a
little dairy added. So there you have it!

sf

Apr 26, 2015, 10:44:20 AM4/26/15
I hate IKEA meatballs. Fortunately Swedish home cooks make better
versions than that industrial crap.

--

sf

spamtr...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2015, 11:41:44 AM4/26/15
I like this recipe better than the other posted one, because we never have
heavy cream in the house, and most of the container would go to waste.
But we do use half and half with our coffee.

jmcquown

Apr 26, 2015, 11:58:52 AM4/26/15
She'd rather buy a bag of frozen meatballs. Of course she can't eat
anything so the point is moot.

Jill

Dave Smith

Apr 26, 2015, 2:12:03 PM4/26/15
On 2015-04-26 10:44 AM, sf wrote:

> I hate IKEA meatballs. Fortunately Swedish home cooks make better
> versions than that industrial crap.

They aren't horrible. I have had better store bought and restaurant
meatballs that Ikea, but I have also had worse.... worse commercial and
worse home made.

sf

Apr 26, 2015, 4:08:14 PM4/26/15
You could have fooled me because I've tasted them. Put them on the
plate at their cafe and threw most of it out. In fact, I've never
come across an industrial meatball that was even remotely edible.

--

sf
Message has been deleted

W. Lohman

Apr 26, 2015, 4:39:34 PM4/26/15
On 4/26/2015 2:22 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 13:08:10 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> You could have fooled me because I've tasted them. Put them on the
>> plate at their cafe and threw most of it out. In fact, I've never
>> come across an industrial meatball that was even remotely edible.
>
> I imagine eating meatballs is like cannibalism to you.

Your imagination again reveals far more about YOU, little dumpling.

> CostCo meatballs are the bomb. They're almost 20% fat, though.
>
> -sw

Like that would be any impediment to you!

Dave Smith

Apr 26, 2015, 5:15:12 PM4/26/15
On 2015-04-26 4:08 PM, sf wrote:

>> They aren't horrible. I have had better store bought and restaurant
>> meatballs that Ikea, but I have also had worse.... worse commercial and
>> worse home made.
>
> You could have fooled me because I've tasted them. Put them on the
> plate at their cafe and threw most of it out. In fact, I've never
> come across an industrial meatball that was even remotely edible.

I'm not sure how hard it is to fool you, but I have had them and they
are not bad. I have had some bad home made meatballs. Hell... I have
made some bad ones myself.

sf

Apr 26, 2015, 5:46:25 PM4/26/15
You obviously buy more industrial meatballs than I do. I won't eat
meatballs in restaurants either. They're the gnocchi of the meat
world.

--

sf

Julie Bove

Apr 26, 2015, 8:48:42 PM4/26/15

"sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message
The ones that they used to sell at the military commissary were very good.
I don't know if they are still sold there or not. I also got some from the
Albertsons deli that were good. They were so good that I rarely ever tried
to make them at home. No need to.

Julie Bove

Apr 26, 2015, 8:50:45 PM4/26/15

"Dave Smith" <adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
I've made them exactly twice. First time was with turkey. Horrible things.
Could have played tennis with them. Then with coconut flour. Those
actually tasted good but wouldn't stay in the ball shape. They were more
like lumps.

Julie Bove

Apr 26, 2015, 8:53:13 PM4/26/15

"sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message
I know that people often have this opinion. They say the same of meatloaf,
bread pudding, even soup. And yet, I'll be willing to bet that most
restaurants have actual recipes that they use, if made from scratch. Or
they buy prepared. I can only think of one restaurant where the soup is
never the same way twice. It is clear that they do make it from scratch and
they do put leftovers in it. But I highly doubt that they use plate scraps
as some people have claimed that restaurants do.

jinx the minx

Apr 26, 2015, 10:02:31 PM4/26/15
Yes, why cook or wash dishes when you can eat at restaurants or buy
pre-made food that can be eaten off paper plates with plastic utensils? No
need indeed.
--
jinx the minx

Julie Bove

Apr 27, 2015, 12:59:35 AM4/27/15

"jinx the minx" <jinx...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I hate eating at restaurants. I only do because my mom loves to and we take
her out to eat. Or I might if I was far away from home or for some reason
couldn't make dinner. Like when we first moved in here and were waiting for
the new stove and the plumbing problem to be resolved. As for pre-made
foods, I only buy those that actually taste good. And that, IMO, isn't very
much of what is available.

jinx the minx

Apr 27, 2015, 2:03:29 AM4/27/15
You only buy those that taste good. LMAO.
--
jinx the minx

Janet B

Apr 27, 2015, 11:26:43 AM4/27/15
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 15:22:56 -0500, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
wrote:

>On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 13:08:10 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> You could have fooled me because I've tasted them. Put them on the
>> plate at their cafe and threw most of it out. In fact, I've never
>> come across an industrial meatball that was even remotely edible.
>
>I imagine eating meatballs is like cannibalism to you.
>
>CostCo meatballs are the bomb. They're almost 20% fat, though.
>
>-sw

Agree. They're pretty good. They are something I keep for the times
when I just do not want to cook.
Janet US

Brooklyn1

Apr 27, 2015, 1:52:38 PM4/27/15
Mystery meat restaurant burgers are bad enough, their meatballs are
made with the burger meat that were about to go off, or has ... they
put em in a kettle of sauce and crank up the heat enough to kill the
nasties.

Brooklyn1

Apr 27, 2015, 2:13:10 PM4/27/15
On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 09:26:41 -0600, Janet B <nos...@cableone.net>
wrote:

>On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 15:22:56 -0500, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 13:08:10 -0700, sf wrote:
>>
>>> You could have fooled me because I've tasted them. Put them on the
>>> plate at their cafe and threw most of it out. In fact, I've never
>>> come across an industrial meatball that was even remotely edible.
>>
>>I imagine eating meatballs is like cannibalism to you.
>>
>>CostCo meatballs are the bomb. They're almost 20% fat, though.
>
>Agree. They're pretty good. They are something I keep for the times
>when I just do not want to cook.
>Janet US

They're still mystery meat, the lowest grade of meat, think pink slime
too. How difficult is it to make meat-a-balles... grind 5-10 pounds
of fresh meat when on sale (top round and shoulder pork go well
together, this week boneless country ribs are $1.59/lb), grind the
onions, parsley, whatever other veggies, maybe bell peppers too, grind
in your old bread, crackers, corn flakes... season the strips of meat
prior to grinding. After grinding mix in lots of eggs, grated cheese,
glugs of dago red. Make up enough to freeze... you'll get to use that
ice cream scoop... fill your big roasting pans and pop em in the oven.