I found my replacement leather slippers!

John Kuthe

Sep 16, 2023, 9:04:08 PM9/16/23
https://www.sundanceleather.com/Deluxe-Colorado-Moccasin-Sheepskin-Slippers-Made-in-the-USA_p_16.html

Maybe after either get a JOB or get my SocSec monthly $14xx.oo payment

John Kuthe, RN, BSN

Alex

Sep 17, 2023, 2:42:58 AM9/17/23
Whatever you do, don't apply it to your RE debt.  I want to buy that
house so I can burn it down.

Thomas

Sep 17, 2023, 6:12:47 AM9/17/23
At least he will be sticking something into sheep.

Bryan Simmons

Sep 17, 2023, 7:22:27 AM9/17/23
On Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 5:12:47 AM UTC-5, Thomas wrote:
> On Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 2:42:58 AM UTC-4, Alex wrote:
> > John Kuthe wrote:
> > > https://www.sundanceleather.com/Deluxe-Colorado-Moccasin-Sheepskin-Slippers-Made-in-the-USA_p_16.html
> > >
> > > Maybe after either get a JOB or get my SocSec monthly $14xx.oo payment
> > >
> > > John Kuthe, RN, BSN
> > Whatever you do, don't apply it to your RE debt. I want to buy that
> > house so I can burn it down.

No Alex, you buy the lien on the tax debt first, and you
either get paid back at high rates, which is very unlikely,
or you get the house. It would be foolish to burn it down
when you could sell it cheap to a Chinaman.

> At least he will be sticking something into sheep.

It's like the sheep fucker who gets caught fucking
a sheep and points out, "Hey, it's a female sheep.
It's not like I'm GAY!"

--Bryan

Mike Duffy

Sep 17, 2023, 10:49:34 AM9/17/23
On 2023-09-17, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> It's like the sheep fucker who gets caught fucking
> a sheep and points out, "Hey, it's a female sheep.
> It's not like I'm GAY!"

As I understand it, that's the law in Lebanon.

In the USA, it seems to be up to individual states.

Also, the practitioners have fregmented into two camps:

There are those who fuck animals, and those who
fall in love with their animals. At least that's
what they say.

jmcquown

Sep 17, 2023, 11:12:50 AM9/17/23
On 9/17/2023 10:49 AM, Mike Duffy wrote:
> On 2023-09-17, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>
>> It's like the sheep fucker who gets caught fucking
>> a sheep and points out, "Hey, it's a female sheep.
>> It's not like I'm GAY!"
>
> As I understand it,

As I understand it, Bryan is obsessed with sex and with John. Hmmmmm.

Jill

Bryan Simmons

Sep 17, 2023, 11:36:57 AM9/17/23
As I understand it, Jill is a dried up old cunt. The only
males she could get were ones who liked treating
women like shit, so she's alone, and will die alone.

To a dried up old cunt like Jill, a normal guy who thinks
that a day without sex is clearly an inferior day seems
like an obsessive.

> Jill

--Bryan

Bryan Simmons

Sep 17, 2023, 11:43:17 AM9/17/23
John *is* from Missouri.
https://www.riverfronttimes.com/news/all-opposed-say-neigh-2475096
Though I imagine that diddling a housecat is
more his speed.

Interestingly, Carl Junction is very near to where
Michael goes to his October Geo Metro get togethers.

--Bryan

Michael Trew

Sep 17, 2023, 4:55:53 PM9/17/23
On 9/17/2023 11:43 AM, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> Interestingly, Carl Junction is very near to where
> Michael goes to his October Geo Metro get togethers.
>
> --Bryan

Not even 10 miles away from Joplin. I have no reason to go up that way,
but if I make the trip down, I might venture more than 10 steps over the
Kansas and Oklahoma borders, just for fun. I wonder if there will be
any parking lot vendors at Schnuck's? ;)

Bryan Simmons

Sep 17, 2023, 6:28:53 PM9/17/23
I hope you're not suggesting that Schnuck's markets
supports zoophilia. They are a respectable corporation.
You could stand in three states at one time. Call it the
Two Corners and a Side, the poor man's Four Corners,
where you don't have to drive all the way out to the
desert SW.

--Bryan

John Kuthe

Sep 17, 2023, 9:07:13 PM9/17/23
It is a Brick house, probably won't b

Bering Sea Bar & Brig@MarthaStewart.GoodThing

Sep 18, 2023, 6:11:01 PM9/18/23
I've got a pair in brown like those, but a snug fit. I'll ask the pilot to toss them out the window over St
Louis next month when I fly to LAX AND Vegas. So many flyover states :(

I'm packing JEANS, long and shorts to walk and EXERCISE in. Hoping to get a photo with RFK Jr. in JEANS.
IF BUBBLES in the Manson Hills has a spare room let Matthew in Simi Valley know.

Alex

Sep 18, 2023, 6:56:08 PM9/18/23
It's about the same process here.

Alex

Sep 18, 2023, 6:59:43 PM9/18/23
Did your computer stop working or did you have a seizure?  The interior
of a brick will burn.  One the trusses burn, the roof will fall to the
ground.

Would you prefer a wrecking ball?

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 19, 2023, 5:31:09 AM9/19/23
It's possible that it's stick-built and veneered with brick. What
we see on the outside certainly isn't structural.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Michael Trew

Sep 19, 2023, 12:01:52 PM9/19/23
John's circa 1930 house, yes, likely veneer brick (like my father's 50's
ranch). My circa 1900 house is probably one of the latest built with
structural brick and no studs in the walls.

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 19, 2023, 12:11:16 PM9/19/23
Apart from my 1947 house. Which was built by a stonemason for his
own family.

--
Cindy Hamilton

dsi1

Sep 19, 2023, 2:12:28 PM9/19/23
The restaurant next to my office had a car go through it. I was surprised to see that the bricks weren't real. The family that owns the restaurant used to have a lunch wagon. My wife and I used to spend pleasant hours eating beef curry plate lunches from the truck while sitting on the grass nearby. That woman in the photo would be playing around the truck while her family dished out food. She was 4 years old or so at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BkwnGq2yaA

Bruce

Sep 19, 2023, 3:47:19 PM9/19/23

Michael Trew

Sep 19, 2023, 11:32:38 PM9/19/23
Oh, that's neat. Most everything else by then would have been wooden
frame construction with a single layer of brick outside. How are your
walls insulated? Unfortunately, I go without, since the interior
masonry has the finished plaster on it.

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 20, 2023, 7:03:40 AM9/20/23
My walls are not insulated. Since my attic isn't finished, we have
upward of a foot of blown-in insulation up there. My winter gas bill
for heating (keeping the house at 71 F all the time) is about $100-$120
per month.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Bering Sea Bar & Brig@MarthaStewart.GoodThing

Sep 20, 2023, 3:16:00 PM9/20/23
Brick holds the solar heat. Good except in Summer.

Michael Trew

Sep 20, 2023, 4:53:30 PM9/20/23
On 9/20/2023 7:03 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> My walls are not insulated. Since my attic isn't finished, we have
> upward of a foot of blown-in insulation up there. My winter gas bill
> for heating (keeping the house at 71 F all the time) is about $100-$120
> per month.

That would be nice. I'm not on any sort of budget/average payment plan.
Surprisingly, last December, the coldest month, I only used about 219
CCF of natural gas, with the thermostat set to ~60. With
supply/distribution and all of the fees, the bill was about $220-some.
January is usually more expensive, but it was 183 CCF and $190.

Natural gas prices are reasonable here, but what is not reasonable would
be the minimum "delivery" billing of $42 or so/mo regardless of usage.
Had I known that, I might have reconsidered NG hot water and stove...
Turning the gas off in the summer.

Bruce

Sep 20, 2023, 5:13:08 PM9/20/23
On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 16:53:26 -0400, Michael Trew
<michae...@att.net> wrote:

>On 9/20/2023 7:03 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> My walls are not insulated. Since my attic isn't finished, we have
>> upward of a foot of blown-in insulation up there. My winter gas bill
>> for heating (keeping the house at 71 F all the time) is about $100-$120
>> per month.
>
>That would be nice. I'm not on any sort of budget/average payment plan.
> Surprisingly, last December, the coldest month, I only used about 219
>CCF of natural gas, with the thermostat set to ~60. With
>supply/distribution and all of the fees, the bill was about $220-some.
>January is usually more expensive, but it was 183 CCF and $190.

60F? I've known a few stingemeisters over the years, but you take the
cake. Only if it's on special, of course.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

dsi1

Sep 20, 2023, 5:24:36 PM9/20/23
Natural gas is dirt cheap. My family's house was a natural gas house. I remember a paperback book that extolled the wonderfulness of natural gas and recipes that came with the house when we moved in. The LNG was replaced with propane at sometime in the past. Propane is dirt cheap too, I guess. The house next door had solar panels installed yesterday. The electric bill on our house is so low that installing solar panels on our roof wouldn't make any sense.

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 20, 2023, 5:26:26 PM9/20/23
On 2023-09-20, Michael Trew <michae...@att.net> wrote:
> On 9/20/2023 7:03 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> My walls are not insulated. Since my attic isn't finished, we have
>> upward of a foot of blown-in insulation up there. My winter gas bill
>> for heating (keeping the house at 71 F all the time) is about $100-$120
>> per month.
>
> That would be nice. I'm not on any sort of budget/average payment plan.
> Surprisingly, last December, the coldest month, I only used about 219
> CCF of natural gas, with the thermostat set to ~60. With
> supply/distribution and all of the fees, the bill was about $220-some.
> January is usually more expensive, but it was 183 CCF and $190.

January was the coldest month here last year. I used up 112 CCF
keeping my house at 70 F. It barely matters what I paid; my gas
rates won't be the same as your gas rates.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Bruce

Sep 20, 2023, 5:35:03 PM9/20/23
Don't fridge, freezer, airco, lights, TV and computer add up?

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Michael Trew

Sep 20, 2023, 11:09:35 PM9/20/23
LOL. I heated to 67F (or close to 20C for those down-under) inside one
year. My drafty old house still felt cold. I figure, if I'm going to
be miserable and cold either way, I might as well just be cold at 60
with a lower heating bill. I already have comforters stacked up on the
bed. Current high/low this time of year is approximately 23/15 C (and
I'm freezing already).

You should meet my environmentalist friend in Wisconsin... dude heats
his house to 45 F in the cold months... No, I'm not kidding. He
complained that his freezer is defrosting in the winter, because it
won't kick on (it's fridge temperature inside of the house)... So he
had to store frozen stuff outside. Dedication to the cause, I guess.

songbird

Sep 21, 2023, 2:11:09 AM9/21/23
Michael Trew wrote:
> bed. Current high/low this time of year is approximately 23/15 C (and
> I'm freezing already).

you'll acclimate to it somewhat, but the problem is that
you'll also likely want to eat a lot more.

> You should meet my environmentalist friend in Wisconsin... dude heats
> his house to 45 F in the cold months... No, I'm not kidding. He
> complained that his freezer is defrosting in the winter, because it
> won't kick on (it's fridge temperature inside of the house)... So he
> had to store frozen stuff outside. Dedication to the cause, I guess.

the lowest i was able to go here was down to 55F
during the week and i was ok with that but i can't
do that now.

songbird

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 21, 2023, 5:17:54 AM9/21/23
On 2023-09-21, Michael Trew <michae...@att.net> wrote:
> On 9/20/2023 5:12 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 16:53:26 -0400, Michael Trew
>> <michae...@att.net> wrote:

>>> That would be nice. I'm not on any sort of budget/average payment plan.
>>> Surprisingly, last December, the coldest month, I only used about 219
>>> CCF of natural gas, with the thermostat set to ~60. With
>>> supply/distribution and all of the fees, the bill was about $220-some.
>>> January is usually more expensive, but it was 183 CCF and $190.
>>
>> 60F? I've known a few stingemeisters over the years, but you take the
>> cake. Only if it's on special, of course.
>
> LOL. I heated to 67F (or close to 20C for those down-under) inside one
> year. My drafty old house still felt cold.

Why don't you seal your house? Don't you have humidity problems?

--
Cindy Hamilton

Michael Trew

Sep 21, 2023, 11:35:01 PM9/21/23
I need to figure out how to replace the Yankee gutters on at least one
side. I think the metal rusted out, and that causes dampness in the
cellar during warmer months.

I think I am going to put the pink fiberglass insulation in the wooden
cavities above the foundation stone around the exterior perimeter of the
cellar. I'm hoping that will help with some of the issues.

cshenk

Sep 22, 2023, 9:44:06 PM9/22/23
David, you live in an apartment, not a house. That's totally
different. Your temp ranges from 84F to 68F on rare occasions for the
extreme ends.

Bruce

Sep 22, 2023, 10:16:37 PM9/22/23
On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 01:43:51 +0000, "cshenk"
<csh...@virginia-beach.net> wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:
>
>> > Natural gas prices are reasonable here, but what is not reasonable
>> > would be the minimum "delivery" billing of $42 or so/mo regardless
>> > of usage. Had I known that, I might have reconsidered NG hot water
>> > and stove... Turning the gas off in the summer.
>>
>> Natural gas is dirt cheap. My family's house was a natural gas house.
>> I remember a paperback book that extolled the wonderfulness of
>> natural gas and recipes that came with the house when we moved in.
>> The LNG was replaced with propane at sometime in the past. Propane is
>> dirt cheap too, I guess. The house next door had solar panels
>> installed yesterday. The electric bill on our house is so low that
>> installing solar panels on our roof wouldn't make any sense.
>
>David, you live in an apartment, not a house. That's totally
>different. Your temp ranges from 84F to 68F on rare occasions for the
>extreme ends.

Also, if you live in an apartment, do you have a roof that's your
roof?

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

dsi1

Sep 23, 2023, 2:57:48 AM9/23/23
I'm talking about the house that my brothers and I own in Kailua. We've been staying here while plumbing repairs are being made to our condo. The idea of you telling me what we are living in is pretty silly. I just paid the electric bill on our condo today. It was 400 bucks and a few dollars more.

GM

Sep 23, 2023, 5:24:14 AM9/23/23
Your language skills are imprecise... how was we supposed to know all that...???

--
GM

Michael Trew

Sep 23, 2023, 11:43:52 AM9/23/23
On 9/22/2023 9:43 PM, cshenk wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> Natural gas is dirt cheap. My family's house was a natural gas house.
>> I remember a paperback book that extolled the wonderfulness of
>> natural gas and recipes that came with the house when we moved in.
>> The LNG was replaced with propane at sometime in the past. Propane is
>> dirt cheap too, I guess. The house next door had solar panels
>> installed yesterday. The electric bill on our house is so low that
>> installing solar panels on our roof wouldn't make any sense.
>
> David, you live in an apartment, not a house. That's totally
> different. Your temp ranges from 84F to 68F on rare occasions for the
> extreme ends.

If it was always 84-68 here, that would be simply amazing. I'd never
need a furnace again, and surely not an air conditioner. Electric must
be really expensive on his rock to pay $400/mo in that perfect climate.

GM

Sep 23, 2023, 11:52:30 AM9/23/23
Don't forget that sometimes Our Dear Old Oncle Tojo - san likes to "roast" the occasional
hapless POW that comes his way...

That alone amounts for a goodly amount of his high monthly power costs...

During WWII the Japs liked to "execute" their prisoners with flame throwers, but that don't
fly on the golden sands of Waikiki anymores... the EPA forbade it...

--
GM

jmcquown

Sep 23, 2023, 12:21:41 PM9/23/23
The climate in most of the Hawaiian islands is around what Carol
mentioned. Temperate, year round. It does not get terribly cold, does
not get terribly hot (unless one is fleeing from an erupting volcano).
But living in Hawaii is extremely expensive.

Jill

Bruce

Sep 23, 2023, 3:45:43 PM9/23/23
Yes, that would be perfect. But here, in the subtropics, it already
gets up to 93F max in the house, so I assume it can get really hot in
tropical Hawaii as well.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

songbird

Sep 23, 2023, 8:10:13 PM9/23/23
Michael Trew wrote:
> If it was always 84-68 here, that would be simply amazing. I'd never
> need a furnace again, and surely not an air conditioner. Electric must
> be really expensive on his rock to pay $400/mo in that perfect climate.

it is. they're one of the places where solar, wind and
geothermal power with battery backup is cheap compared to
what they're currently paying. they've made some progress
in converting over to renewable resources instead of
burning coal and oil, but they still have a ways to go.
in the meantime a lot of people have bought solar panels.

songbird

Michael Trew

Sep 23, 2023, 11:15:38 PM9/23/23
> not get terribly hot(unless one is fleeing from an erupting volcano).

LOL! Sophia wants to know what is so funny. :)

> But living in Hawaii is extremely expensive.
>
> Jill

I'd imagine... quite a premium on real estate, and so many things must
be flown or barged in from quite a distance away.

Bryan Simmons

Sep 24, 2023, 8:54:31 AM9/24/23
On Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 10:15:38 PM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 9/23/2023 12:21 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> >> If it was always 84-68 here, that would be simply amazing. I'd never
> >> need a furnace again, and surely not an air conditioner. Electric
> >> must be really expensive on his rock to pay $400/mo in that perfect
> >> climate.
> >
> > The climate in most of the Hawaiian islands is around what Carol
> > mentioned. Temperate, year round. It does not get terribly cold, does
> > not get terribly hot(unless one is fleeing from an erupting volcano).
>
> LOL! Sophia wants to know what is so funny. :)

Once your daughter grows up, and you're not tied to
East Liverpool, you could move somewhere that has
nicer weather.

> > Jill

--Bryan

cshenk

Sep 24, 2023, 5:45:48 PM9/24/23
Yes and it's getting pretty cheap elsewhere. My tax rebate last year
paid off 2/3 of it. I'm down to 6.1k owed. I should be loan-free by
March 2024. It would be better if current tech could handle the slope
degree on the back of my garage roof, but as it is I seem to be hitting
80% solar collection over the last 10 months.

Michael Trew

Sep 24, 2023, 7:40:28 PM9/24/23
That is my intent. Nine years to go... Northern SC might be nice,
inland a little ways from the coast. A lot can change in 9 years, however.

My sister is intent on moving back to Pennsylvania. Sure, it's a bit of
a nicer area in a good part of suburban Pittsburgh, but it's still
miserable and cold... It's simply a lot more expensive than right over
the Ohio border. I just leveled the abandoned garage next to my
recently purchased $2,400 house. Mother nature took down the roof,
prior. All it took was a chain attached to my truck. Fun times ;)

Bored neighbors assisted: https://postimg.cc/gallery/J0wVwhq

Hank Rogers

Sep 24, 2023, 8:34:54 PM9/24/23
I'm real happy for you. But stop and consider how many more
people you can reach by crowing about your solar panels on
social platforms rather than usenet. Hell, there's facebook,
twitter X, shit, even truth social, if you like treason.

Shit, here, the audience is as limited as kuth's crowing about
whacking off. In his own words "nobody reads this shit"

Or, is that what you're shooting for?