Tonight's dinner

Julie Bove

Nov 28, 2017, 8:38:06 PM11/28/17
White castle casserole, my version. Cooked ground beef with an little beef
broth, onion and black pepper. Grease casserole dish with olive oil. Add a
layer of crescent roll dough, pressed out to fit pan. Top with the beef,
cheddar cheese, then another layer of dough. My top layer is a little
thicker. I took two rolls out of one package to make a small one minus
onions. Bake at 350 for 15 or more minutes or until brown. Mine always seems
to take 20some minutes.

On the side, sorta pasta fagioli. Realized that I somehow picked up a
cucumber instead of a zucchini. Unless... Angela got my zucchini. I was
shopping with her and she picked up a cuke. Hmmm... I did have a yellow
summer squash so there is that, a carrot, two celery ribs, most of an onion,
can of chopped tomatoes, can of white beans, some cooked pasta, tomato
juice, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, black pepper and the rind of a
piece of Parmesano Reggiao. Funny thing is, when I went to get the tomatoes,
I almost grabbed a can of tomatoes with zucchini. Should have gone with
that!

Cindy Hamilton

Nov 29, 2017, 6:15:57 AM11/29/17
We had a leftovers night. For me, the last turkey sandwich from the 2017
Thanksgiving turkey. White bread, butter, romaine lettuce, sliced turkey
breast. Sweet gherkins on the side. I really should have had more
vegetation, but life is imperfect. He had a steak sandwich from leftover
NY strip and a salad. There was a sale on NY strip, $7.99/pound. I
picked up four and froze two.

Before dinner we finished vac-bagging the turkey leftovers.

Cindy Hamilton

jmcquown

Nov 29, 2017, 9:21:46 AM11/29/17
On 11/29/2017 6:15 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 8:38:06 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>> White castle casserole, my version. (snippage)
>>
>> On the side, sorta pasta fagioli. Realized that I somehow picked up a
>> cucumber instead of a zucchini. Unless... Angela got my zucchini. I was
>> shopping with her and she picked up a cuke.
(snippage)

Seems rather heavy handed on the carbs (the crescent rolls in the
casserole and pasta on the side) but as long as you enjoyed it...

I don't find that cukes look anything like zucchini other than they're
both green and cylindrical. <shrug>

> We had a leftovers night. For me, the last turkey sandwich from the 2017
> Thanksgiving turkey. White bread, butter, romaine lettuce, sliced turkey
> breast. Sweet gherkins on the side. I really should have had more
> vegetation, but life is imperfect. He had a steak sandwich from leftover
> NY strip and a salad. There was a sale on NY strip, $7.99/pound. I
> picked up four and froze two.
>
> Before dinner we finished vac-bagging the turkey leftovers.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I portioned the remaining cornbread dressing in a couple of small
Rubbermaid containers (individual servings) for the freezer.

Dinner last night was a couple of pieces of fried chicken from the
supermarket. It's something I rarely buy but they get that coating so
nice and crispy! Last night I heated a drumstick & a thigh in the oven
(it stayed crispy) and steamed some Fordhook lima's to go with it.

Jill

penm...@aol.com

Nov 29, 2017, 12:08:21 PM11/29/17
Julie Bove wrote:

> Realized that I somehow picked up a cucumber instead of a zucchini.
> Unless... Angela got my zucchini. I was shopping with her and she
> picked up a cuke. Hmmm...

Hmmm... is right, Angela must've swapped when she noticed that cukes
have those little bumps. ;)

Gary

Nov 29, 2017, 2:24:22 PM11/29/17
Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> He had a steak sandwich from leftover NY strip...

Your husband won! :-D

Cindy Hamilton

Nov 29, 2017, 2:51:16 PM11/29/17
1. It's not a contest. It's a marriage.
2. I wanted the turkey.

Cindy Hamilton

ardiente casa del amor

Nov 29, 2017, 3:00:43 PM11/29/17
Now he just needs to get you the deer...

{_}
'-=\
\\____(
_|/---\\_
\ \

Cindy Hamilton

Nov 29, 2017, 4:00:05 PM11/29/17
Nice drawing.

He got a deer this season. Doesn't matter, I don't like venison.
However, he's thinking about the spring turkey shoot.

Cindy Hamilton

ardiente casa del amor

Nov 29, 2017, 4:27:15 PM11/29/17
Lol.

Do you folks get into smoking whitefish up that way?

The stuff is insanely tasty.

Julie Bove

Nov 29, 2017, 4:59:09 PM11/29/17

"jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On 11/29/2017 6:15 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 8:38:06 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> White castle casserole, my version. (snippage)
>>>
>>> On the side, sorta pasta fagioli. Realized that I somehow picked up a
>>> cucumber instead of a zucchini. Unless... Angela got my zucchini. I was
>>> shopping with her and she picked up a cuke.
> (snippage)
>>
> Seems rather heavy handed on the carbs (the crescent rolls in the
> casserole and pasta on the side) but as long as you enjoyed it...

There wasn't much pasta in the soup.

> I don't find that cukes look anything like zucchini other than they're
> both green and cylindrical. <shrug>

They don't and they're not even in the same spot in the store which is why I
think she just grabbed it by mistake. I kept insisting that she get her own
cart because I had so much stuff, our things kept mingling together. But she
refused to go back and get one.

Ophelia

Nov 30, 2017, 4:50:03 AM11/30/17
"Julie Bove" wrote in message news:ovnaj9$7o9$1...@dont-email.me...
==

Is she cooking her own food now?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Julie Bove

Nov 30, 2017, 6:04:28 AM11/30/17

"Ophelia" <OphEl...@gmail.com> wrote in message
No clue. And... Not going to get into that here. Not now anyway.

Gary

Nov 30, 2017, 11:14:33 AM11/30/17
Julie Bove wrote:

> "Ophelia" wrote (regarding Angela):
> > Is she cooking her own food now?
>
> No clue. And... Not going to get into that here. Not now anyway.

Julie... don't go Twilight Zone on us. She lives at home
with you and you have no clue as to whether she is cooking
for herself or not? Get real.

With that odd comment, I think you SHOULD maybe
"get into that here," and explain yourself.

Sqwertz

Nov 30, 2017, 3:51:01 PM11/30/17
She moved out of the house and started school at Pima Medical
Institute.

-sw

Julie Bove

Nov 30, 2017, 3:53:59 PM11/30/17

"Gary" <g.ma...@att.net> wrote in message news:5A202EB3...@att.net...
I will attempt to send you an email. I can not post about it here.

Julie Bove

Nov 30, 2017, 3:59:04 PM11/30/17

"l not -l" <lal...@cujo.com> wrote in message
> That's just what we need, more drama on RFC; it's too rare now,
> let's see if she can make it well done. Maybe make a hash of it.

No drama. Just stuff I can't get into here. I will say that Angela has
changed schools and I won't give any more info. I hope everyone can
understand or at least try to. Make what you will of it but there isn't any
drama.

Julie Bove

Nov 30, 2017, 3:59:47 PM11/30/17

"Sqwertz" <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote in message
Wow! You summed it right up. Thank you.

ardiente casa del amor

Nov 30, 2017, 4:28:58 PM11/30/17
Wow, the woman stalking never ends with you fatty, does it?

ardiente casa del amor

Nov 30, 2017, 4:29:28 PM11/30/17
Her life is her own business.

ardiente casa del amor

Nov 30, 2017, 4:29:53 PM11/30/17
On 11/30/2017 1:59 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

No, that kind of woman stalking is plain creepy.

Gary

Nov 30, 2017, 4:30:31 PM11/30/17
Please do, if that suits you. My addy is correct. Since you'll
tell me privately, I won't mention it here. Secret stuff. :-D

Sqwertz

Nov 30, 2017, 4:30:44 PM11/30/17

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org/image/jpg/steve-wertz-presentation-057jpg

> Hide the Ho Ho's!!!!!!!!!!
>
> - sw
> Do not let "Oscar" near your food. He was obliviously digging
> boogers out of his nose with his thumb at the end of the check-stand
> while bagging groceries. Fortunately he was bagging the customer
> next to me, not mine. Otherwise I would have made a stink about it
> right then, and with no mercy.
>
> Note - it has been one month since I visited Sprouts and wrote this
review (Grand Opening weekend, IIRC) as well as writing to corporate
about my experience (Oscar + overcharges). Sprouts has never responded
or offered a refund. They'll probably complain about this review, though.

> They get 1 star for nose-picking while touching customer food.

Sqwertz

Nov 30, 2017, 5:18:40 PM11/30/17
On 11/30/2017 2:47 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> Notice how she created all that drama for you

Julie Bove

Nov 30, 2017, 5:38:23 PM11/30/17

"Gary" <g.ma...@att.net> wrote in message news:5A2078C3...@att.net...
I'll try again. Bounced because I was missing the dot after the "g".

Julie Bove

Nov 30, 2017, 5:47:48 PM11/30/17

> Notice how she created all that drama for you with all those hints
> (shopping together, but buying separate groceries, duh). She was
> dying to tell someone but just wanted to drag it out longer.

Not really. Just can't/don't want to get into it here.

> ObFood: Carnitas, Mexican rice, borracho beans, radishes, fresh cooked
> flour tortillas, and generous portions of screaming orange jalapeno
> sauce will be for dinner.

Undecided here but either meatloaf from the freezer with mashed potatoes and
maybe green beans or butternut squash ravioli with sausages and perhaps a
green salad. Will see how things work out timewise.