Grocery trip, of interest to a few here

cshenk

Jun 22, 2019, 9:36:04 PM6/22/19
Hi all,

Some may find my fast trip of interest. My crisper was very bare
having only 1/2 an eggplant (asian thin type) and a green bell pepper.
I'd put off shopping to tend my husband though a scarey event and we
were eating off the freezer and can goods for a bit.

While Charlotte watched Don, I zipped to the nearest store (Harris
Teeters).

1 head green cabbage
3 cups fresh green beans
3 large yellow summer squash
2 lbs carrots
4 ears fresh corn
8oz regular button mushroom
2 bell peppers
1/2 watermelon
4 peaches
5 mangos
bag of fresh cherries (about 2.5 lbs)
1 small tender leek
6 bananas
1 red onion
3 bunches broccoli (stem on as we use them)

Canned
3 32 oz cans of tomoatoes, crushed or sauced
5 16 oz cans of tomatoes with chiles
3 cans of white corn

Cheese/dairy
1 24 oz cottage cheese
1 24 oz block of cheddar cheese (sharp)
6oz cheese curds
2 lbs butter (store brand)

Meats
3lbs lamb shoulder steaks
1.5lb ahi (tuna steaks)
1lb ground beef
8oz Imitation crab meat
8oz Imitation lobster
2lbs mussels (in shell)

Frozen
2 small containers of a low calorie ice cream Charlotte asked for
1 bag tater tots (store brand)

I'm set as we have plenty of rice, flour, lettuce in the garden, onions
(green in garden, rest in bin), potatoes, pasta, dried beans,
buttermilk (frozen and powdered), sugar, tea, yeast and salt.

So how's your larder?
Carol

Julie Bove

Jun 23, 2019, 4:46:07 AM6/23/19

"cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote in message
Mine is good. By Wed I will need more cottage cheese, milk, maybe Swiss
cheese. Still need good fresh veggies, a little meat. Need more Just Mayo
but can't find it and am unwilling to pay Amazon's high price. Also need
small cans of tomato sauce. I keep forgetting to buy them. Might need more
brown rice. I go through a lot of that. I have tons of beans.