What's on your Superbowl menu?

sf

Jan 25, 2015, 4:05:36 PM1/25/15

Mine will have Turkey Chili (for a reason) and baked Buffalo
Cauliflower "wings". Haven't gotten any farther than those two ideas
yet.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room

Julie Bove

Jan 25, 2015, 5:32:36 PM1/25/15

"sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message

> Mine will have Turkey Chili (for a reason) and baked Buffalo
> Cauliflower "wings". Haven't gotten any farther than those two ideas
> yet.

I don't even know when it is although since we are in it this year, it will
likely be on in this house. I don't plan to eat anything different than
usual though.

Paul M. Cook

Jan 25, 2015, 5:48:57 PM1/25/15

"sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message

> Mine will have Turkey Chili (for a reason) and baked Buffalo
> Cauliflower "wings". Haven't gotten any farther than those two ideas
> yet.

By this time next week probably half the team members will be in prison for
rape, murder, extortion, drugs, felony firearms dealing, prostitution, bank
robbery and child abuse.

I think your plans are a bit optimistic.

---

Message has been deleted

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 25, 2015, 7:39:59 PM1/25/15
On 1/25/2015 4:05 PM, sf wrote:

> Mine will have Turkey Chili (for a reason) and baked Buffalo
> Cauliflower "wings". Haven't gotten any farther than those two ideas
> yet.

Just another Sunday. We won't be watching or doing anything special. I
know the Patriots are playing and I think Seattle, but I'm not sure. Nor
do I care.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 25, 2015, 7:43:10 PM1/25/15
I hear you! All I can say is thank goodness for DirecTV!!!

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jean B.

Jan 25, 2015, 9:52:09 PM1/25/15
Sqwertz wrote:
> Every year it's the same 'ol story. People who like or watch football
> are stupid.
>
> -sw

It is an excellent night to eat out though, as long as you pick a place
that is not showing the game on TV.

Cheri

Jan 25, 2015, 9:57:24 PM1/25/15

"Sqwertz" <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote in message

> Every year it's the same 'ol story. People who like or watch football
> are stupid.
>
> -sw

Actually, people that make statements like that are stupid and...dull.

Cheri

Paul M. Cook

Jan 25, 2015, 10:14:16 PM1/25/15

<lucreti...@fl.it> wrote in message
> Same here :) Punishment for me would be to watch a football game!

The punishment is trying to endure all those damned commercials in between
the game. It's a bizarre event.

Paul M. Cook

Jan 25, 2015, 10:15:02 PM1/25/15

"Jean B." <jb...@rcn.com> wrote in message
Or to shop at Costco.

tert in seattle

Jan 26, 2015, 12:00:05 AM1/26/15
just be glad you don't have to see the number "12" everywhere you go,
except for people wearing jerseys with other players' numbers on them,
or going to get donuts and they have the ones with green and blue and
white sprinkles...you literally can't escape it here

Julie Bove

Jan 26, 2015, 12:51:23 AM1/26/15

"Paul M. Cook" <pmc...@gte.net> wrote in message

> <lucreti...@fl.it> wrote in message

>>>Just another Sunday. We won't be watching or doing anything special. I
>>>know the Patriots are playing and I think Seattle, but I'm not sure. Nor
>>>do I care.
>>
>> Same here :) Punishment for me would be to watch a football game!
>
> The punishment is trying to endure all those damned commercials in between
> the game. It's a bizarre event.

I rarely pay attention to commercials. The ones that do get my attention
general either have a snappy tune or no sound at all. Used to be one with
no sound. It would get me to look at the TV, perhaps to see if it was
broken or the cable went out but it sure didn't keep my attention and I
haven't a clue what the commercial was for.

Julie Bove

Jan 26, 2015, 12:53:19 AM1/26/15

"tert in seattle" <te...@ftupet.com> wrote in message
And the manicures! Everyone is posting their nail pics on Facebook.

I had green Christmas lights out last year. I need to look for a similar
set in blue. I'll be set!

Miss Kitty

Jan 26, 2015, 1:32:13 AM1/26/15
On Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 7:57:20 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 16:43:07 -0800 (PST), itsjoan...@webtv.net
> wrote:
>
> Every year it's the same 'ol story. People who like or watch football
> are stupid.

Ha! Thanks! I DESPISE football!

Miss Kitty

Jan 26, 2015, 1:33:34 AM1/26/15
On Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 11:00:05 PM UTC-6, tert in seattle wrote:

> just be glad you don't have to see the number "12" everywhere you go,
> except for people wearing jerseys with other players' numbers on them,
> or going to get donuts and they have the ones with green and blue and
> white sprinkles...you literally can't escape it here

A neighbor down the street has a "12" flag in his yard. This is Iowa, and it took me quite a while to figure out what the heck the "12" stood for :D

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 26, 2015, 3:53:49 AM1/26/15
On Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 7:57:20 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 16:43:07 -0800 (PST), itsjoan...@webtv.net
> wrote:
>
> Every year it's the same 'ol story. People who like or watch football
> are stupid.
>
> -sw

I don't think people who watch football or the Super Bowl are stupid I'm just glad I choose not to watch it. But all the hype leading up to it from news stories to supermarket ads surely do get tiresome.

Message has been deleted

Ophelia

Jan 26, 2015, 6:43:09 AM1/26/15

<lucreti...@fl.it> wrote in message
> On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:39:54 -0500, Ed Pawlowski <e...@snet.net> wrote:
>
> Same here :) Punishment for me would be to watch a football game!

Same here:) Fortunately Himself isn't interested in it either ... thank
goodness:))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Ophelia

Jan 26, 2015, 6:43:09 AM1/26/15

"Cheri" <che...@newsguy.com> wrote in message
Oh I don't think they are stupid just because I don't like it. Most of them
wouldn't be happy to be doing my knitting either <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Message has been deleted

Brooklyn1

Jan 26, 2015, 9:00:35 AM1/26/15
On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:57:17 -0600, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
wrote:

>On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 16:43:07 -0800 (PST), itsjoan...@webtv.net
>wrote:
>
>Every year it's the same 'ol story. People who like or watch football
>are stupid.

One time I have to concur... and they'll all be hugging their little
air pumps. LOL If I hear another imbecilic low IQer spout more
uneducated dreck about football psi I'm gonna wretch... don't those
high school drop outs know if you inflate a football indoors and then
bring it out into the cold its psi will drop, and they all did equally
but for one that was likely inflated more than the other eleven... NO
ONE TAMPERED WITH THOSE FOOTBALLS! People who like or watch ANY team
sports are stupid.

Brooklyn1

Jan 26, 2015, 9:05:51 AM1/26/15
On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 22:15:52 +1100, Bruce <Br...@Bruce.invalid> wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 00:53:42 -0800 (PST), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
><itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 7:57:20 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Every year it's the same 'ol story. People who like or watch football
>>> are stupid.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>>I don't think people who watch football or the Super Bowl are stupid
>>I'm just glad I choose not to watch it. But all the hype leading up to it
>>from news stories to supermarket ads surely do get tiresome.
>
>You should try a sport where you have international competition. It
>must get really tiresome to always play against yourselves.

Bruthcie hangs in the shower room with the guys...

Dave Smith

Jan 26, 2015, 9:42:34 AM1/26/15
On 2015-01-25 10:14 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:

>> Same here :) Punishment for me would be to watch a football game!
>
> The punishment is trying to endure all those damned commercials in between
> the game. It's a bizarre event.

The odd thing is the the game is notorious for rolling out new
commercials. It is part of the entertainment.

Message has been deleted

Nancy Young

Jan 26, 2015, 10:34:56 AM1/26/15
On 1/25/2015 8:57 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> Every year it's the same 'ol story. People who like or watch football
> are stupid.

And no one actually has any good recipes for the day.

We go to brunch then have appetizers of some kind. Not
going to do a big thing this year, keeping it low key.
I'm thinking artichoke spinach dip with pita chips, that
kind of thing.

nancy

Cheri

Jan 26, 2015, 11:04:30 AM1/26/15

"Brooklyn1" <grave...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> ONE TAMPERED WITH THOSE FOOTBALLS! People who like or watch ANY team
> sports are stupid.

First, you would have to be bright enough to understand the games, since you
aren't, you're just another dull wit heard from as far as sports go. You
should probably spend Super Bowl Sunday watching Dogtv for stimulation.

Cheri

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 26, 2015, 11:05:32 AM1/26/15
On 1/26/2015 10:07 AM, l not -l wrote:

> That is not my belief; it is just part of the human condition that large
> numbers like to watch violent sports. I'm not one of them and I'm bored by
> the seemingly never-ending hooplah.

Not much has changed in 2,000 years. Used to be Christians versus
Lions. Now we just substitute linesmen for Gladiators. Put on a
uniform and call it civilized sport.

Then there is boxing.

Cheri

Jan 26, 2015, 11:07:29 AM1/26/15

"Nancy Young" <rjynlyo...@verizon.net> wrote in message
Actually, there are a lot of good recipes for the day. Depends on what one
wants to make.

Cheri

Moe DeLoughan

Jan 26, 2015, 11:19:12 AM1/26/15
On 1/26/2015 8:00 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> If I hear another imbecilic low IQer spout more
> uneducated dreck about football psi I'm gonna wretch...

I just had to put that out there again for everyone to enjoy.

Nancy Young

Jan 26, 2015, 11:35:23 AM1/26/15
On 1/26/2015 11:06 AM, Cheri wrote:

> "Nancy Young" <rjynlyo...@verizon.net> wrote

>> On 1/25/2015 8:57 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> Every year it's the same 'ol story. People who like or watch football
>>> are stupid.
>>
>> And no one actually has any good recipes for the day.
>>
>> We go to brunch then have appetizers of some kind. Not
>> going to do a big thing this year, keeping it low key.
>> I'm thinking artichoke spinach dip with pita chips, that
>> kind of thing.

> Actually, there are a lot of good recipes for the day. Depends on what
> one wants to make.

I meant in response to this thread.

nancy

col...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2015, 11:43:15 AM1/26/15
Is it this Sun? If so oatmeal with lots of cinnamon for breakfast and leftover pork and beans with bbq sauce added from the day before's beans and franks.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Janet Wilder

Jan 26, 2015, 1:28:19 PM1/26/15
On 1/25/2015 9:14 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> <lucreti...@fl.it> wrote in message

>>> Just another Sunday. We won't be watching or doing anything special. I
>>> know the Patriots are playing and I think Seattle, but I'm not sure. Nor
>>> do I care.
>>
>> Same here :) Punishment for me would be to watch a football game!
>
> The punishment is trying to endure all those damned commercials in between
> the game. It's a bizarre event.

I enjoy the commercials more than the game unless my team is in it,
which has happened three times in my life time.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

tert in seattle

Jan 26, 2015, 1:30:07 PM1/26/15
it stands for "I am an idiot"

Cheri

Jan 26, 2015, 1:37:49 PM1/26/15

"Nancy Young" <rjynlyo...@verizon.net> wrote in message
True, but I'm sure that any recipe would be "stupid" to some, to say nothing
of an actual menu. ;-)

Cheri

sf

Jan 26, 2015, 1:38:58 PM1/26/15
No, then there is Mixed martial arts (MMA). That is even more brutal.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room

tert in seattle

Jan 26, 2015, 1:40:11 PM1/26/15
Julie Bove wrote:

> "tert in seattle" <te...@ftupet.com> wrote in message

>>> I hear you! All I can say is thank goodness for DirecTV!!!
>>
>> just be glad you don't have to see the number "12" everywhere you go,
>> except for people wearing jerseys with other players' numbers on them,
>> or going to get donuts and they have the ones with green and blue and
>> white sprinkles...you literally can't escape it here
>
> And the manicures! Everyone is posting their nail pics on Facebook.

Yesterday I saw a young woman wearing only blue green white S**h*wks
merchandise, with that black paint under her eyes ... a small part of
me died at that moment.

sf

Jan 26, 2015, 1:45:26 PM1/26/15
On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 12:28:14 -0600, Janet Wilder <not...@notreal.com>
wrote:
It's amazing how every year in the past there has nothing but
enthusiasm about the big Game right here in rfc. I guess it means the
nay-sayers "team" is not playing this year, so now they're pretending
they don't watch and don't like football in general. What petty
little liars... and that includes Sheldon. LOL

Kody

Jan 26, 2015, 1:55:17 PM1/26/15

"sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message

> Mine will have Turkey Chili (for a reason) and baked Buffalo
> Cauliflower "wings". Haven't gotten any farther than those two ideas
> yet.
>
> --
> A kitchen without a cook is just a room

I didn't expect quite so many people to come out so strongly against
football, I'm surprised, what ever happened to tolerance and getting
along??. A typical super bowl (or college national championship game!) in my
house will usually consist of chili (of doom), a cheese/rotel/sausage dip
with some chips, a cheese roll thing with crackers and at half-time, make
wings.Served with liberal doses of beer. And yes, the commercials rock.
Especially the anheuser busch ones! This is the one from last year and I
understand that the puppy will be in it again this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQB7QRyF4p4

col...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2015, 2:09:37 PM1/26/15
I'm only interested in WVU football and they normally suck.
Message has been deleted

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 26, 2015, 2:24:30 PM1/26/15
On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 10:43:15 AM UTC-6, col...@gmail.com wrote:

> Is it this Sun? If so oatmeal with lots of cinnamon for breakfast and leftover pork and beans with bbq sauce added from the day before's beans and franks.

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. If this isn't proof I'm not interested in the Super Bowl, then I don't what it would take to prove my declaration.

dsi1

Jan 26, 2015, 2:27:41 PM1/26/15
It's a very sour group! :-)

Hopefully, I can watch the game and get into this American tradition.
Katy Perry will probably knock 'em dead. The last time I was watching
the game, my daughter called me saying she had a flat tire. She had a
flat tire alright. She whacked a traffic light and totaled the car. She
done a real good number on my car. All I know is she better not call me
on Superbowl Sunday!

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 26, 2015, 2:33:16 PM1/26/15
On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 12:55:17 PM UTC-6, Kody wrote:

> I didn't expect quite so many people to come out so strongly against
> football, I'm surprised, what ever happened to tolerance and getting
> along??

I don't think anyone has put a knife to anyone's throat here because they don't care for the Super Bowl. Will you not be tolerant of us that don't care for the S. B.? Are we not allowed to voice an opinion because we are not rah-rah-rahing this event that will soon be upon us?

Kody

Jan 26, 2015, 2:36:52 PM1/26/15

<itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote in message
You are obviously free to state any opinion you desire, I simply said that I
was surprised. Not so much that some people don't care for football or other
sports for that matter, I was mostly surprised at calling sports fan stupid
etc. Didn't mean to offend you. I try to be fairly tolerant of all folks,
fools included.

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 26, 2015, 2:39:06 PM1/26/15
On 1/26/2015 1:45 PM, sf wrote:

> It's amazing how every year in the past there has nothing but
> enthusiasm about the big Game right here in rfc. I guess it means the
> nay-sayers "team" is not playing this year, so now they're pretending
> they don't watch and don't like football in general. What petty
> little liars... and that includes Sheldon. LOL

Nothing to pretend about. I don't have a team so it does not matter who
plays. I live in New England but don't give a damn about the Partiots
and even less about Kraft. In my entire life I've probably watched a
total of a couple of hours, never a full game.

Years ago, when I lived in Philly, I was given two 50 yard line seats to
an Eagles Game. We did not make the first quarter and left. Damned
silly to sit out in cold damp weather.

Most pro athletes are very good at what they do, but are overpaid prima
donnas in many cases. I just don't get all excited watching them. I
have taken my wife to a couple of hockey games when I was given tickets
as she likes the game. I did actually buy tickets to a Phillies game
once back in the 1960's. I've never been a sports fan.

tert in seattle

Jan 26, 2015, 2:50:07 PM1/26/15
Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 12:57:45 -0600, Kody wrote:
>
>> I didn't expect quite so many people to come out so strongly against
>> football, I'm surprised, what ever happened to tolerance and getting
>> along??
>
> Every year, year after year, the same people get up on their high
> horses and declare that they're much too good to watch football and
> that they'd rather read books and clip their toenails instead.
> Implying that those of us who do watch the Superbowl are morons and
> morally and socially inferior.
>
> Did somebody even mention lions and gladiators, this time? <snork>
>
> -sw

of course we all know whose horse is highest

Rusty

Jan 26, 2015, 3:29:12 PM1/26/15
On 1/26/2015 1:45 PM, sf wrote:

> It's amazing how every year in the past there has nothing but
> enthusiasm about the big Game right here in rfc. I guess it means the
> nay-sayers "team" is not playing this year, so now they're pretending
> they don't watch and don't like football in general. What petty
> little liars... and that includes Sheldon. LOL

I concur completely. We are Washington Redskins fans - don't ask the
last time they were in the Super bowl! We will watch every minute of
the Super bowl and will hope Seattle wins - can't stand the Patriots
(even though we were originally from New England). We live in Md now
and when the Baltimore Ravens played against the SF 49ers, we cheered
for SF.

I will make a big pot of Chili with beef, hot sausage and lots of beans
in it. Salsa and chips along with cheese and crackers too. We will
drink homemade "football wine".

As you can tell we love football - it's the only sport we follow no
matter what team is playing.

Rusty in MD

sf

Jan 26, 2015, 3:35:04 PM1/26/15
On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 09:27:32 -1000, dsi1
<ds...@eternal-september.invalid> wrote:

> On 1/26/2015 8:45 AM, sf wrote:
> >
> > It's amazing how every year in the past there has nothing but
> > enthusiasm about the big Game right here in rfc. I guess it means the
> > nay-sayers "team" is not playing this year, so now they're pretending
> > they don't watch and don't like football in general. What petty
> > little liars... and that includes Sheldon. LOL
> >

> It's a very sour group! :-)
>
> Hopefully, I can watch the game and get into this American tradition.

Heh, I figure out other things to do while the game is on - like cook
or diddle on the computer. I was asking menus because it looks like
I'll be hosting a Super Bowl party. I know what I usually do and I
know what I plan to try that's different. Usually people in rfc are
gushing on and on about the super bowl, so it just goes to show that
they aren't even interested unless their team is in it. Hypocrites.

The dilemma at this house will be figuring out who to root against
(not for). Rooting against the Sea Hawks would have been a no brainer
if cheating hadn't happened in the last game. Funny how only one
team's footballs were under inflated. Must have been much chillier in
their dugout than the opposing team's. I feel sorry for the "fall
guy".

I guess we'll have to flip a coin to figure out who to root against
this year.

sf

Jan 26, 2015, 3:36:11 PM1/26/15
You don't like football and you're not cooking anything special on
Super Bowl Sunday. Is there anything else you'd like to add?

jmcquown

Jan 26, 2015, 3:36:48 PM1/26/15
I don't care about football one way or the other. I've never watched
more than a tiny bit of a game. But those Budweiser commercials are
fun. It's interesting to see how they train the animals. Lots of
videos out there about that. :)

Jill

Kody

Jan 26, 2015, 3:38:59 PM1/26/15

"jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
I watched that video as well Jill and I concur, it was interesting!

sf

Jan 26, 2015, 3:40:15 PM1/26/15
You post didn't offend anyone unless "the shoe fit". Funny how they
get their panties in a wad when Julie does the very same thing. I
posted an OP about what's on the Super Bowl menu and 90% of the

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 26, 2015, 3:52:26 PM1/26/15
On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 2:40:15 PM UTC-6, sf wrote:

> You post didn't offend anyone unless "the shoe fit". Funny how they
> get their panties in a wad when Julie does the very same thing. I
> posted an OP about what's on the Super Bowl menu and 90% of the

If you don't want comments to a thread you've started that don't agree with you or offer a different opinion you should state that at the beginning of your post. Just remember, you do the exact same thing that you accuse people of being 'like Julie.' So yes, if "the shoe fits" wear it and don't act like it's not your size.

sf

Jan 26, 2015, 4:01:29 PM1/26/15
On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 15:29:10 -0500, Rusty <laru...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I will make a big pot of Chili with beef, hot sausage and lots of beans
> in it. Salsa and chips along with cheese and crackers too. We will
> drink homemade "football wine".

Your hot sausages got me thinking... I haven't made grilled Italian
sausages served with sautéed multi-colored bell peppers and onions in
a long time. Thanks for the idea! That one is going on my menu too.
:)

Gary

Jan 26, 2015, 4:02:59 PM1/26/15
Bruce wrote:

> You should try a sport where you have international competition. It
> must get really tiresome to always play against yourselves.

I vote this one of the stupidest posts ever. ;)
Many Americans love "our own" version of football, not the
international version of baby soccer/football.
Message has been deleted

Janet B

Jan 26, 2015, 4:18:46 PM1/26/15
On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 13:05:28 -0800, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:

>Mine will have Turkey Chili (for a reason) and baked Buffalo
>Cauliflower "wings". Haven't gotten any farther than those two ideas
>yet.

From MSNBC:
http://www.today.com/food/super-bowl-party-recipes-mini-taco-bowls-bacon-dip-more-2D80438891#
Maybe something here
Janet US

Paul M. Cook

Jan 26, 2015, 4:19:03 PM1/26/15

"sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message
Is it so beyond belief that some people just do not like or watch football?
I find the game terribly boring. And I find the whole football culture to
be a obscenity on every level from whole neighborhoods being bulldozed for
yet another NFL stadium paid for by taxpayers to billionaire owners who
sanction rape to players who commit heinous acts of violence including mass
murder or otherwise exhibit sadistic qualities that should put them in a
prison. Not to mention that they all look like they just got out out of a
20 year stint in San Quentin. All that so advertisers can spend biullions
of dollars selling beer and big screen TVs one day out of the year.

---

Gary

Jan 26, 2015, 4:19:14 PM1/26/15
Brooklyn1 wrote:

> People who like or watch ANY team
> sports are stupid.

Bite me, Sheldon. I think people that cut their enormous yards each
week with tractors are stupid.

My "team" for years has been the Patriots and they are a good damn
team. I generally only watch football when they are playing. I'm
happy to see them make the Superbowl this year. It ought to be a good
game since Seattle is another good one. Look how they won that
playoff in the last seconds.

Nancy Young

Jan 26, 2015, 4:22:44 PM1/26/15
On 1/26/2015 2:09 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 12:57:45 -0600, Kody wrote:
>
>> I didn't expect quite so many people to come out so strongly against
>> football, I'm surprised, what ever happened to tolerance and getting
>> along??
>
> Every year, year after year, the same people get up on their high
> horses and declare that they're much too good to watch football and
> that they'd rather read books and clip their toenails instead.
> Implying that those of us who do watch the Superbowl are morons and
> morally and socially inferior.

I got what you were saying.

nancy

Janet B

Jan 26, 2015, 4:24:55 PM1/26/15
On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 13:05:28 -0800, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:

>Mine will have Turkey Chili (for a reason) and baked Buffalo
>Cauliflower "wings". Haven't gotten any farther than those two ideas
>yet.
We will watch although we were very disappointed that the Packers lost
traction after a good start. If I fix something, it will probably be
Nachos or something along that line. There's just the two of us, so
no fuss necessary.
Janet US
Message has been deleted

Janet B

Jan 26, 2015, 4:31:24 PM1/26/15
On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 21:17:27 GMT, "l not -l" <lal...@cujo.com> wrote:

>On 26-Jan-2015, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 15:07:59 GMT, l not -l wrote:
>>
>> > That is not my belief; it is just part of the human condition that large
>> > numbers like to watch violent sports. I'm not one of them and I'm bored
>> > by
>> > the seemingly never-ending hooplah.
>>
>> Football is violent? I haven't heard anybody make that argument in
>> ages.
>
>ESPN reports: Seventy-five ex-players sue NFL over concussions
>CBSSports reports: Ex-players sue NFL alleging illegal painkiller use ...
>painkillers given to mask pain from injuries so players can keep playing
>Wikipedia topic: Players of American football who committed suicide - many
>of whom the suicide is attributed to the effects of brain injuries
>If that doesn't isn't sufficient to convince that football is violent, then
>I'll guess you also believe global warming isn't real, evolution isn't real
>and smoking cigarettes isn't a health risk.
>
>> How do you feel about the aggression displayed during normal
>> everyday activities such as rush hour
>
>I'm not a fan of it either.
>
>>or grocery shopping,
>
>Perhaps I am just lucky; in my community, the worst violence that occurs
>while grocery shopping is the dumbass who runs into people with his/her cart
>while distracted by their damn smartphone.
>
>> violence on 75% of TV?
>
>Most of it is fake and nobody gets hurt - that's ok with me.
>TV news reported violence: same as football - not a fan of it
>
>But, no need to be defensive; if they are dumb enough to do it and you enjoy
>watching it, I'm okay with that - just don't bore me with it.

She asked for recipes or food ideas. That's all.
Janet US

Gary

Jan 26, 2015, 4:41:39 PM1/26/15
Nancy Young wrote:

> On 1/25/2015 8:57 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>
> > Every year it's the same 'ol story. People who like or watch football
> > are stupid.
>
> And no one actually has any good recipes for the day.

I make something beforehand that I can go back to later if I want.
I'll watch the commercials in the first half of the game as they tend
to be the better ones. Half-time show is a good time for me to do
something else. I've never seen a good half-time show.

It's not some super special game though. It's good if you like
football but nothing to party at if you don't. It's just one more
Sunday game. I've gone to superbowl parties and once to a sports bar.
Worst things I've ever done. Most of the people there don't care at
all about the game, it's just a get together to party. All the
hooting and hollering after every single play makes me want to kill
them all.

My team is playing this year so I'll watch it, at home almost
alone...just me and my ferret. She doesn't care about football but at
least she won't hoot after each play.

Food for the night? I'll be off work tomorrow and still time to buy
some ground beef on sale.

My superbowl snack will be what I call "Dinner Nachos."

- ground beef fried with onions and drained
- then add in sharp cheddar cheese and a bit of salsa and a pack of
taco seasoning

Plate that, then separate piles of sour cream and medium salsa

Salty white corn tortilla chips to scoop it all up with.

Jeßus

Jan 26, 2015, 4:42:33 PM1/26/15
On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:39:54 -0500, Ed Pawlowski <e...@snet.net> wrote:

>On 1/25/2015 4:05 PM, sf wrote:
>>
>> Mine will have Turkey Chili (for a reason) and baked Buffalo
>> Cauliflower "wings". Haven't gotten any farther than those two ideas
>> yet.
>>

>Just another Sunday. We won't be watching or doing anything special. I
>know the Patriots are playing and I think Seattle, but I'm not sure. Nor
>do I care.

I don't understand why anyone would want to celebrate an entirely
commercialised form of entertainment owned by corporations.

Rusty

Jan 26, 2015, 4:45:46 PM1/26/15

How do you make your Buffalo Cauliflower Wings?

Some recipes use a flour coating before baking; some bake "naked" then
add hot sauce and bake for 5 minutes more. Which method is better?

Rusty in MD

Jeßus

Jan 26, 2015, 4:48:33 PM1/26/15
On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 16:41:07 -0500, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:

>I'll watch the commercials in the first half of the game as they tend
>to be the better ones.

I can't believe what I just read.

Nancy Young

Jan 26, 2015, 4:49:21 PM1/26/15
That might be a good idea, though I only make sausage and peppers
using Italian peppers. Every time I have that I wonder why I don't
have that all the time.

nancy

Gary

Jan 26, 2015, 4:53:23 PM1/26/15
"itsjoan...@webtv.net" wrote:

> On Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 7:57:20 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
> > Every year it's the same 'ol story. People who like or watch football
> > are stupid.

> I don't think people who watch football or the Super Bowl are stupid I'm just glad I choose not to watch it. But all the hype leading up to it from news stories to supermarket ads surely do get tiresome.

The only hype I've heard about the Superbowl is all the idiots here
jumping on the bandwagon to claim how they hate it so much. You
dumbasses must think that it's "cool" to hate the Superbowl since I've
only heard bragging rights here about hating it.

It's a 3 hour show on a Sunday night, one channel only, once a year.
How come no one bitches about the other 51 Sunday nights and what's on
tv then. Get a life people.
Message has been deleted

Gary

Jan 26, 2015, 5:04:26 PM1/26/15
"itsjoan...@webtv.net" wrote:

> On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 12:55:17 PM UTC-6, Kody wrote:
> >
> > I didn't expect quite so many people to come out so strongly against
> > football, I'm surprised, what ever happened to tolerance and getting
> > along??
> >

> I don't think anyone has put a knife to anyone's throat here because they don't care for the Super Bowl. Will you not be tolerant of us that don't care for the S. B.? Are we not allowed to voice an opinion because we are not rah-rah-rahing this event that will soon be upon us?

If you don't care about the SuperBowl, why are you all complaining
about it?
Just shut up. Shut the hell up.

It's just on one channel. Did you lose your tv remote?

Jeßus

Jan 26, 2015, 5:08:42 PM1/26/15
Jesus christ you're a moron.

Jeßus

Jan 26, 2015, 5:21:57 PM1/26/15
On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 17:03:54 -0500, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:

>"itsjoan...@webtv.net" wrote:
>>
>> On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 12:55:17 PM UTC-6, Kody wrote:
>> >
>> > I didn't expect quite so many people to come out so strongly against
>> > football, I'm surprised, what ever happened to tolerance and getting
>> > along??
>> >

>> I don't think anyone has put a knife to anyone's throat here because they don't care for the Super Bowl. Will you not be tolerant of us that don't care for the S. B.? Are we not allowed to voice an opinion because we are not rah-rah-rahing this event that will soon be upon us?
>
>If you don't care about the SuperBowl, why are you all complaining
>about it?

It's none of your business what I or anyone else cares to discuss on
here, arse-hat. Aside from that, rubbish like the superbowl is
impossible to avoid, even if one isn't american OR watches TV.

Several months ago, you were complaining about and wanting to kill
that guy on whatever TV show it was (was it called mountain men?).
You have a habit of being a first-class hypocrite on here, and
frequently, too.

>Just shut up. Shut the hell up.

LOL. Are you serious?
Make me shut up :)

>It's just on one channel. Did you lose your tv remote?

I don't have a 'tv'.
or:
You have a killfile - use it.
Message has been deleted

Cheri

Jan 26, 2015, 5:37:14 PM1/26/15

<itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote in message
On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 12:55:17 PM UTC-6, Kody wrote:

> I didn't expect quite so many people to come out so strongly against
> football, I'm surprised, what ever happened to tolerance and getting
> along??

I don't think anyone has put a knife to anyone's throat here because they
don't care for the Super Bowl. Will you not be tolerant of us that don't
care for the S. B.? Are we not allowed to voice an opinion because we are
not rah-rah-rahing this event that will soon be upon us?

=======

Well yeah, but since it's a "What's on your Superbowl menu" you naysayers
are sounding a lot like someone you always call out for the very same thing.
Start a thread like "What do you hate about Superbowl" and it'll go on
forever. LOL

Cheri

Cheri

Jan 26, 2015, 5:38:15 PM1/26/15

"sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message
I should have read ahead. :-)

Cheri

Cheri

Jan 26, 2015, 5:41:16 PM1/26/15

"Gary" <g.ma...@att.net> wrote in message news:54C6B472...@att.net...
> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> On 1/25/2015 8:57 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> > Every year it's the same 'ol story. People who like or watch football
>> > are stupid.
>>
>> And no one actually has any good recipes for the day.
>
> I make something beforehand that I can go back to later if I want.
> I'll watch the commercials in the first half of the game as they tend
> to be the better ones. Half-time show is a good time for me to do
> something else. I've never seen a good half-time show.

Agree, we don't do parties as a rule since we like to actually watch the
game. I liked the Bruce Springsteen and the Kid Rock half times, but that's
about it.

Cheri

Cheri

Jan 26, 2015, 5:41:16 PM1/26/15

"Jeßus" <no...@all.org> wrote in message
That could be said for any show on TV.

Cheri

Message has been deleted

Jeßus

Jan 26, 2015, 5:53:21 PM1/26/15
On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 14:40:55 -0800, "Cheri" <che...@newsguy.com>
wrote:
Well, indeed. But I don't see people celerbrating or making threads
about what theyre cooking for watching <insert any other TV show you
like here>.
Message has been deleted

Dave Smith

Jan 26, 2015, 6:05:49 PM1/26/15
On 2015-01-26 13:38, sf wrote:

>> Not much has changed in 2,000 years. Used to be Christians versus
>> Lions. Now we just substitute linesmen for Gladiators. Put on a
>> uniform and call it civilized sport.
>>
>> Then there is boxing.
>
> No, then there is Mixed martial arts (MMA). That is even more
> brutal.

Football is pretty tame compared to some other contact sports. They are
well padded. I played football for a few years in high school and never
got any serious injuries. I was injured a lot more in horse back riding
classes, breaking a collar bone one time and ribs another time. Close to
95% of riding students are female and a number of the girls at our
stable were injured... a broken arm, broken pelvis, two with broken
collar bones.
Message has been deleted

Dave Smith

Jan 26, 2015, 6:10:23 PM1/26/15
On 2015-01-26 13:45, sf wrote:

> It's amazing how every year in the past there has nothing but
> enthusiasm about the big Game right here in rfc. I guess it means the
> nay-sayers "team" is not playing this year, so now they're pretending
> they don't watch and don't like football in general. What petty
> little liars... and that includes Sheldon. LOL

The only enthusiasm I have seen is for the party food. The only
sporting events that I regularly watch are equestrian events. I used to
occasionally watch hockey... if there was nothing else on. I started my
own personal boycott after the lock out two years ago. I sometimes
watch the Grey Cup game (Canadian championship) and the Super Bowl.

jmcquown

Jan 26, 2015, 6:16:12 PM1/26/15
On 1/26/2015 3:41 PM, Kody wrote:
> "jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On 1/26/2015 1:57 PM, Kody wrote:
>>> "sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message

>>> I didn't expect quite so many people to come out so strongly against
>>> football, I'm surprised, what ever happened to tolerance and getting
>>> along??. A typical super bowl (or college national championship game!) in
>>> my
>>> house will usually consist of chili (of doom), a cheese/rotel/sausage dip
>>> with some chips, a cheese roll thing with crackers and at half-time, make
>>> wings.Served with liberal doses of beer. And yes, the commercials rock.
>>> Especially the anheuser busch ones! This is the one from last year and I
>>> understand that the puppy will be in it again this year.
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQB7QRyF4p4
>>>

>> I don't care about football one way or the other. I've never watched more
>> than a tiny bit of a game. But those Budweiser commercials are fun. It's
>> interesting to see how they train the animals. Lots of videos out there
>> about that. :)
>>
>> Jill
>
> I watched that video as well Jill and I concur, it was interesting!

This is one of the sites about the animal training:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si7p23Nex-g

It's fun to watch.

All I can say is if I remember to tune to that channel on that day, some
of the commercials would make me smile. And no, I don't drink beer.

Jill

rosie

Jan 26, 2015, 6:20:04 PM1/26/15
On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 3:22:44 PM UTC-6, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 1/26/2015 2:09 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> I got what you were saying.
>
> nancy

I am not a big football fan, but the SuperBowl is fun, lots of fun commercials, good football and Katy Perry is great. I will not be fixing any thng as I will be on a ship, but we will probably watch it, or at least parts of it.

Julie Bove

Jan 26, 2015, 6:24:40 PM1/26/15

> On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 21:17:27 GMT, l not -l wrote:
>
>> Perhaps I am just lucky; in my community, the worst violence that occurs
>> while grocery shopping is the dumbass who runs into people with his/her
>> cart
>> while distracted by their damn smartphone.
>
> Nobody has ever pointed their electric shopping cart at you, looked
> you right in the eye, and gunned it?
>
> -sw

I've had that happen at Winco. :(

Dave Smith

Jan 26, 2015, 6:25:02 PM1/26/15
You can't believe that commercials can be entertaining? There are all
sorts of good commercials available online. There are special awards for
commercials. Most of the Stella Artois commercials are quite funny. I
especially liked the one with the soldiers returning from the trenches.
It is all in French but the message is obvious. It is brilliant.

Julie Bove

Jan 26, 2015, 6:26:48 PM1/26/15

"sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 12:28:14 -0600, Janet Wilder <not...@notreal.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/25/2015 9:14 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>> > <lucreti...@fl.it> wrote in message

>> > The punishment is trying to endure all those damned commercials in
>> > between
>> > the game. It's a bizarre event.
>>
>> I enjoy the commercials more than the game unless my team is in it,
>> which has happened three times in my life time.
>
> It's amazing how every year in the past there has nothing but
> enthusiasm about the big Game right here in rfc. I guess it means the
> nay-sayers "team" is not playing this year, so now they're pretending
> they don't watch and don't like football in general. What petty
> little liars... and that includes Sheldon. LOL

My team is playing and I just don't care. I am not into sports but really
not into football.

Dave Smith

Jan 26, 2015, 6:27:34 PM1/26/15
Yes he is, but you should give him credit for repeatedly proving it.

Julie Bove

Jan 26, 2015, 6:29:17 PM1/26/15

> On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 09:27:32 -1000, dsi1
> <ds...@eternal-september.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 1/26/2015 8:45 AM, sf wrote:
>> >
>> > It's amazing how every year in the past there has nothing but
>> > enthusiasm about the big Game right here in rfc. I guess it means the
>> > nay-sayers "team" is not playing this year, so now they're pretending
>> > they don't watch and don't like football in general. What petty
>> > little liars... and that includes Sheldon. LOL
>> >

>> It's a very sour group! :-)
>>
>> Hopefully, I can watch the game and get into this American tradition.
>
> Heh, I figure out other things to do while the game is on - like cook
> or diddle on the computer. I was asking menus because it looks like
> I'll be hosting a Super Bowl party. I know what I usually do and I
> know what I plan to try that's different. Usually people in rfc are
> gushing on and on about the super bowl, so it just goes to show that
> they aren't even interested unless their team is in it. Hypocrites.
>
> The dilemma at this house will be figuring out who to root against
> (not for). Rooting against the Sea Hawks would have been a no brainer
> if cheating hadn't happened in the last game. Funny how only one
> team's footballs were under inflated. Must have been much chillier in
> their dugout than the opposing team's. I feel sorry for the "fall
> guy".
>
> I guess we'll have to flip a coin to figure out who to root against
> this year.

Diddle? Bad choice of words!

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/diddle

Only you know what you mean by it.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Paul M. Cook

Jan 26, 2015, 6:35:40 PM1/26/15

> On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 13:18:57 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" <pmc...@gte.net>
> wrote:
>

>>"sf" <s...@geemail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> It's amazing how every year in the past there has nothing but
>>> enthusiasm about the big Game right here in rfc. I guess it means the
>>> nay-sayers "team" is not playing this year, so now they're pretending
>>> they don't watch and don't like football in general. What petty
>>> little liars... and that includes Sheldon. LOL
>>

>>Is it so beyond belief that some people just do not like or watch
>>football?
>>I find the game terribly boring. And I find the whole football culture to
>>be a obscenity on every level from whole neighborhoods being bulldozed for
>>yet another NFL stadium paid for by taxpayers to billionaire owners who
>>sanction rape to players who commit heinous acts of violence including
>>mass
>>murder or otherwise exhibit sadistic qualities that should put them in a
>>prison. Not to mention that they all look like they just got out out of a
>>20 year stint in San Quentin. All that so advertisers can spend biullions
>>of dollars selling beer and big screen TVs one day out of the year.
>>

> Lol, good summary. The players behaviour away from the games really
> bothers me, particularly that one who was organising the dog fighting
> and the one who was caught on camera knocking his wife out in an
> elevator. Incredible. It is to be hoped young kids don't regard them
> as people to emulate.

An ex NEP is being tried on murder charges for killing a fellow player.
Hernandez is the name. Strongly appears he may have killed two other people
because one spilled a drink on him in a bar and he felt disrespected. I
remember the football stars in my HS. Nasty bunch of a-holes they were and
they got away with everything including rape and physical assault.

A buddy of mine now lives in Texas. His son is now a sophomore in HS and
wants to play varsity football. So he learned that during the grueling
summer practice sessions a few kids ended up being taken to the hospital
suffering from heat issues such as cardiac arrhythmia. The school's
reaction was not to change the practice times but to keep a defibrillator on
the field instead.

---

Dave Smith

Jan 26, 2015, 6:41:54 PM1/26/15
On 2015-01-26 18:29, l not -l wrote:
> On 26-Jan-2015, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

>>> Perhaps I am just lucky; in my community, the worst violence that
>>> occurs while grocery shopping is the dumbass who runs into people
>>> with his/her cart while distracted by their damn smartphone.
>>
>> Nobody has ever pointed their electric shopping cart at you,
>> looked you right in the eye, and gunned it?
>>
>> -sw
>
> I'm happy to say, that I have never had, nor witnessed, such a
> thing.

I have seen some pretty bad behaviour from some of those power wheel
chairs and scooters. Some of them just zip along at high speed. I once
threatened a buy in a powered wheel chair. I had seen him take runs at
people, forcing them to jump out of his way. It was accident. After the
third incident within a couple minutes I went over and told him that I
saw him do it again I would push him and his wheelchair down a set of
stairs. I am sure it sucks to have to live in a wheel chair, but you
can't take it out on everyone else in the world.
Message has been deleted
It is loading more messages.