Went to costco

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 21, 2019, 6:51:17 PM6/21/19
They did not have my favorite lentil thin cakes and it has been
several weeks since they last had some. I ended up getting like a 3
pound bag of tortilla strips and a double salsa.

I made a sauce if you want to call it that, just using mayo and those
bread and butter chips dipped my tortilla strips in that and it was
pretty damn good actually.
Then I went to Albertans and much to my sup rise they had some nice
sized pineapples for 1 dollar each.
Freakin amazing
I bought 4.... the limit was 2 so I had to re enter the store and get
2 more

I went back after skinning 2 of then and putting them in the air fryer
to dehydrate and they were freaking all gone.... I will most likely go
back tomorrow and see if they got any in yet.

Tonight I plan on eating left over sesame chicken with soy noodles.
--

"There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
~Toidi Uoy

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 21, 2019, 6:53:22 PM6/21/19
On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 17:51:12 -0500,
Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:

>They did not have my favorite lentil thin cakes and it has been
>several weeks since they last had some. I ended up getting like a 3
>pound bag of tortilla strips and a double salsa.
>
>I made a sauce if you want to call it that, just using mayo and those
>bread and butter chips dipped my tortilla strips in that and it was
>pretty damn good actually.
> Then I went to Albertans
Albertsons^^

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Ophelia

Jun 22, 2019, 3:31:54 AM6/22/19

wrote in message news:jdnqge9ds8s4ehv6s...@4ax.com...
"There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
~Toidi Uoy

===

I was about to discuss the things you have been/are making but ..

I am afraid the above put me right off. I you deliberately trying to
alienate posters here?

cshenk

Jun 22, 2019, 9:10:59 AM6/22/19
That Mayo and sweet pickles minced is a good one we do all the time.
Basically it's ersatz tartar sauce.

We spent most of yesterday at the hospital. Don was getting a heart
cath with possible stents, but the test showed he's fine.

The hospital food was better than average at the little cafe and he was
allowed to eat as soon as he came out of recovery.

Dinner was sticky rice with steamed shrimp in the steamer top and a
cabbage, onion, carrot, red bell pepper, olive oil and garlic stir fry.
Grapes at the side.

I also made up a bean pot with great northerns, navy beans, chopped ham
steak, garlic, smoked black pepper, and the last of the home made pork
broth (leftover bones with scraps of meat simmered down to a reasonable
broth). Made up coleslaw as well.

Savory Coleslaw:

3 cups rough chopped head green cabbage
1 cup rough chopped head purple cabbage (just for looks)
1/2 cup shaved carrot peels
1/3 cup green onion tops (from the garden, can use minced regular onion)
1/2-3/4 cup hellmans mayo (to your liking)
1 Tablesoon prepared mustard (I used a grainy sort but yellow will do)
Scant dusting of garlic salt **

**the only salt added in any of the above meals.

Ophelia

Jun 22, 2019, 10:49:57 AM6/22/19

"cshenk" wrote in message

[...]

All sounds jolly good to me:)) I am glad that Don is ok! Hope that
continues!

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 22, 2019, 3:45:46 PM6/22/19
On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 08:10:49 -0500, "cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote:

>Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:
>
>> They did not have my favorite lentil thin cakes and it has been
>> several weeks since they last had some. I ended up getting like a 3
>> pound bag of tortilla strips and a double salsa.
>>
>> I made a sauce if you want to call it that, just using mayo and those
>> bread and butter chips dipped my tortilla strips in that and it was
>> pretty damn good actually.
>> Then I went to Albertans and much to my sup rise they had some nice
>> sized pineapples for 1 dollar each.
>> Freakin amazing
>> I bought 4.... the limit was 2 so I had to re enter the store and get
>> 2 more
>>
>> I went back after skinning 2 of then and putting them in the air fryer
>> to dehydrate and they were freaking all gone.... I will most likely go
>> back tomorrow and see if they got any in yet.
>>
>> Tonight I plan on eating left over sesame chicken with soy noodles.
>> --
>>

>> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
>> ~Toidi Uoy
>
>That Mayo and sweet pickles minced is a good one we do all the time.
>Basically it's ersatz tartar sauce.

really? how long have you been using that?

>We spent most of yesterday at the hospital. Don was getting a heart
>cath with possible stents, but the test showed he's fine.

glad to hear he is well

>The hospital food was better than average at the little cafe and he was
>allowed to eat as soon as he came out of recovery.

I spent 3 months in a hospital, I quite liked the food. It was however
before I realized that I was gluten intolerant.

>Dinner was sticky rice with steamed shrimp in the steamer top and a
>cabbage, onion, carrot, red bell pepper, olive oil and garlic stir fry.
>Grapes at the side.

Made 3 fresh jars of pineapple jam. I must eat 2-3 24 oz jars of that
stuff every month

Tonight I think I am going to try and make a new recipe for pineapple
chicken using some of the jam I have.

>I also made up a bean pot with great northerns, navy beans, chopped ham
>steak, garlic, smoked black pepper, and the last of the home made pork
>broth (leftover bones with scraps of meat simmered down to a reasonable
>broth). Made up coleslaw as well.
>
>Savory Coleslaw:
>
>3 cups rough chopped head green cabbage
>1 cup rough chopped head purple cabbage (just for looks)
>1/2 cup shaved carrot peels
>1/3 cup green onion tops (from the garden, can use minced regular onion)
>1/2-3/4 cup hellmans mayo (to your liking)
>1 Tablesoon prepared mustard (I used a grainy sort but yellow will do)
>Scant dusting of garlic salt **

I have a great recipe for a Mexican slaw if you want it.

>**the only salt added in any of the above meals.

cshenk

Jun 22, 2019, 7:34:37 PM6/22/19
Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 08:10:49 -0500, "cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:
> >
> >> They did not have my favorite lentil thin cakes and it has been
> >> several weeks since they last had some. I ended up getting like a 3
> >> pound bag of tortilla strips and a double salsa.
> >>
> >> I made a sauce if you want to call it that, just using mayo and
> those >> bread and butter chips dipped my tortilla strips in that and
> it was >> pretty damn good actually.
> >> Then I went to Albertans and much to my sup rise they had some
> nice >> sized pineapples for 1 dollar each.
> >> Freakin amazing
> >> I bought 4.... the limit was 2 so I had to re enter the store and
> get >> 2 more
> >>
> >> I went back after skinning 2 of then and putting them in the air
> fryer >> to dehydrate and they were freaking all gone.... I will most
> likely go >> back tomorrow and see if they got any in yet.
> >>
> >> Tonight I plan on eating left over sesame chicken with soy
> noodles. >> --
> >>

> >> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
> >> ~Toidi Uoy
> >
> > That Mayo and sweet pickles minced is a good one we do all the time.
> > Basically it's ersatz tartar sauce.
>
> really? how long have you been using that?

College days back in the 70's actually. I get the random premade
tartar sauce but mine is fine.

Try a dusting of garlic powder mixed in. Not too much or will overpower
it. Duke's Mayo works best for it but it's not available everywhere.
It's like a tart Hellman's if never tried it.

> > We spent most of yesterday at the hospital. Don was getting a heart
> > cath with possible stents, but the test showed he's fine.
>
> glad to hear he is well
>

> > The hospital food was better than average at the little cafe and he
> > was allowed to eat as soon as he came out of recovery.
>
> I spent 3 months in a hospital, I quite liked the food. It was however
> before I realized that I was gluten intolerant.

This one, Sentara Beach General (Virginia Beach) is actually supposed
to have pretty good food but the Cafe downstairs for visitors was
relatively bland per Don. The fruit cups and salad bar looked good
though.

Gluten issues eh? A lot of people seem to have that now. Do you bake?
If so I have a really easy spelt recipe for a bread machine that might
work for you. Spelt is an ancient cultivar wheat (not for celiacs). A
simpler gluten formation and not as high rise but works nicely.

> > Dinner was sticky rice with steamed shrimp in the steamer top and a
> > cabbage, onion, carrot, red bell pepper, olive oil and garlic stir
> > fry. Grapes at the side.
>
> Made 3 fresh jars of pineapple jam. I must eat 2-3 24 oz jars of that
> stuff every month
>
> Tonight I think I am going to try and make a new recipe for pineapple
> chicken using some of the jam I have.

I saw. Good price though the air fryer use confused me a little.
Those new 'insta-cook' type things seem to do jams as well. If you used
the air fryer, perhaps it was a partial cook and dehydrate then mixed
with sugar for a jam?

> > I also made up a bean pot with great northerns, navy beans, chopped
> > ham steak, garlic, smoked black pepper, and the last of the home
> > made pork broth (leftover bones with scraps of meat simmered down
> > to a reasonable broth). Made up coleslaw as well.
> >
> > Savory Coleslaw:
> >
> > 3 cups rough chopped head green cabbage
> > 1 cup rough chopped head purple cabbage (just for looks)
> > 1/2 cup shaved carrot peels
> > 1/3 cup green onion tops (from the garden, can use minced regular
> > onion) 1/2-3/4 cup hellmans mayo (to your liking)
> > 1 Tablesoon prepared mustard (I used a grainy sort but yellow will
> > do) Scant dusting of garlic salt **
>
> I have a great recipe for a Mexican slaw if you want it.

Love to see it! I'm afraid I am a chile pepper wimp if it has that.
It's not that I don't like hot, it's that they don't like me much
(grin).

Finally made a fast trip to the grocery and will add my findings in a
message shortly.

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 22, 2019, 8:09:52 PM6/22/19
dont bake really. ... I can not have any gluten.

>> > Dinner was sticky rice with steamed shrimp in the steamer top and a
>> > cabbage, onion, carrot, red bell pepper, olive oil and garlic stir
>> > fry. Grapes at the side.
>>
>> Made 3 fresh jars of pineapple jam. I must eat 2-3 24 oz jars of that
>> stuff every month
>>
>> Tonight I think I am going to try and make a new recipe for pineapple
>> chicken using some of the jam I have.
>
>I saw. Good price though the air fryer use confused me a little.
>Those new 'insta-cook' type things seem to do jams as well. If you used
>the air fryer, perhaps it was a partial cook and dehydrate then mixed
>with sugar for a jam?

the actual jam is made in a pot on a stove, with pineapples and apples
and cinnamon and sugar.

after the jam is put in the jars I then put them all in my airfryer
oven to preserve the jam.

>> > I also made up a bean pot with great northerns, navy beans, chopped
>> > ham steak, garlic, smoked black pepper, and the last of the home
>> > made pork broth (leftover bones with scraps of meat simmered down
>> > to a reasonable broth). Made up coleslaw as well.
>> >
>> > Savory Coleslaw:
>> >
>> > 3 cups rough chopped head green cabbage
>> > 1 cup rough chopped head purple cabbage (just for looks)
>> > 1/2 cup shaved carrot peels
>> > 1/3 cup green onion tops (from the garden, can use minced regular
>> > onion) 1/2-3/4 cup hellmans mayo (to your liking)
>> > 1 Tablesoon prepared mustard (I used a grainy sort but yellow will
>> > do) Scant dusting of garlic salt **
>>
>> I have a great recipe for a Mexican slaw if you want it.
>
>Love to see it! I'm afraid I am a chile pepper wimp if it has that.
>It's not that I don't like hot, it's that they don't like me much
>(grin).

Oh it is not spicy at all

Ingredients
2 carrots, peeled and julienned
1 small jicama (about 1 1/4 lbs.) peeled and julienned
1 large red bell pepper, cored and very thinly sliced
1/4 head red cabbage, cored and very thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, halved lengthwise and very thinly sliced lengthwise,
rinsed, and patted dry
6 tablespoons olive oil
6 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon minced cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes

combine all, toss well

>Finally made a fast trip to the grocery and will add my findings in a
>message shortly.

Julie Bove

Jun 22, 2019, 10:56:20 PM6/22/19

"Ophelia" <OphEl...@gmail.com> wrote in message
That would put me off for sure!

I had a dip at a party that I loved. Start with cottage cheese. Add chopped
purple onion, black pepper and grated sharp cheddar. Whiz with an immersion
blender. This was served with black bread. I can't get that here. At least I
haven't seen it. I have served it with crackers, cocktail rye but mostly
veggies. Really good stuff.

Ophelia

Jun 23, 2019, 5:01:25 AM6/23/19

"Julie Bove" wrote in message news:qempoh$inu$1...@dont-email.me...
====

Not something I've ever seen:)) It seems you enjoyed it a lot
though:)))

cshenk

Jun 23, 2019, 11:28:01 AM6/23/19
Oh his mayo-pickle is fine. Not what I'd use on chips but I use it on
fries and other things like that.

Julie Bove

Jun 24, 2019, 3:39:39 AM6/24/19

"cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote in message
I only like ketchup with fries.

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 29, 2019, 9:01:37 PM6/29/19
CS-
I think awhile back you told me that you like the mayo and sweet
pickles with French fries?
Well I tried that just a few minutes ago and I was impressed. It was
very good.

dsi1

Jun 29, 2019, 9:28:23 PM6/29/19
On Saturday, June 29, 2019 at 3:01:37 PM UTC-10,

> CS-
> I think awhile back you told me that you like the mayo and sweet
> pickles with French fries?
> Well I tried that just a few minutes ago and I was impressed. It was
> very good.
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Don't forget to try fries with ice cream. It's what the kids are into these days. I tried it but didn't care much for it - I have very sensitive taste buds.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1e/e9/b9/1ee9b91e4df718d80ee509e14a32123b.jpg

Leonard Blaisdell

Jun 30, 2019, 2:51:01 AM6/30/19
In article <50218a2a-52ef-44c1...@googlegroups.com>,
dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:

> Don't forget to try fries with ice cream. It's what the kids are into these
> days. I tried it but didn't care much for it - I have very sensitive taste
> buds.

Kids these days? I was dipping fries in a DQ chocolate shake in the
early sixties. I ought to do it again. All I have to do it think about
it. That taste goes right along with greasy bagged Planters Peanuts
from a vending machine in a bottled Coke. Mmmmmm.
Try dipping a fry in a chocolate shake and tell me you hate it. That's
a *chocolate shake*.

leo

Gary

Jun 30, 2019, 4:35:38 AM6/30/19
dsi1 wrote:

> Don't forget to try fries with ice cream. It's what the kids are into these days. I tried it but didn't care much for it - I have very sensitive taste buds.
>
> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1e/e9/b9/1ee9b91e4df718d80ee509e14a32123b.jpg

That won't last with "kids today." I tried that as a kid. Ok once
in a while but nothing super good. What I did was dip very crisp
salty fries (McDonalds) into soft serve vanilla in a cone.

Jinx the Minx

Jun 30, 2019, 1:47:46 PM6/30/19
That was a standard school day lunch in the late 70’s/early 80’s as well. A
combo that has stood the test of time!

Jinx the Minx

Jun 30, 2019, 1:48:38 PM6/30/19
Thad’s because it needs to *chocolate* ice cream!

dsi1

Jun 30, 2019, 2:49:30 PM6/30/19
Ah, you were a trendsetter. The thought of dipping fries in ice cream never entered my brainpan. The first time I saw someone doing that I was amused. The second time, puzzled. The third time I realized that something was going on. Ha ha, it takes me a while to spot these trends.

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/french-fries-wendys-ice-cream-frosty-recipe-science