OT: BEARS!

Bryan Simmons

Sep 20, 2023, 11:28:31 AM9/20/23
Bear track near where we often camp.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/albums
This time we camped at the state park, but next time we camp at the Sawdust Pile, we're taking bear spray. The footprint was ~14cm in diameter. My wife won't let me have a gun, so bear spray it is.

--Bryan

dsi1

Sep 20, 2023, 2:25:56 PM9/20/23
You're an angry guy, and your wife ain't stupid. I'm a pretty restrained, calm, guy but I shouldn't have a gun either. Somebody could get kilt.

Bruce

Sep 20, 2023, 2:52:12 PM9/20/23
On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 11:25:51 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
<dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:

>On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 5:28:31 AM UTC-10, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>> Bear track near where we often camp.
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/albums
>> This time we camped at the state park, but next time we camp at the Sawdust Pile, we're taking bear spray. The footprint was ~14cm in diameter. My wife won't let me have a gun, so bear spray it is.
>>
>> --Bryan
>
>You're an angry guy, and your wife ain't stupid.

It's a good thing he's a coward.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Bering Sea Bar & Brig@MarthaStewart.GoodThing

Sep 20, 2023, 3:07:32 PM9/20/23
Another reason for indoor rooming. I'm staying in El Segundo downwind from the sewer plant, as recommend by Fred and Rollo. $350 on Wilshire is a Ripshire. And El Segundo is near Golds!

Hank Rogers

Sep 20, 2023, 7:17:02 PM9/20/23
Hell, Tojo, NO asians should have guns. That's worse than
psychopaths with guns.

Bryan Simmons

Sep 20, 2023, 8:26:08 PM9/20/23
Two things that smell bad, the sewer treatment plant,
and Gold's gym.

--Bryan

Bering Sea Bar & Brig@MarthaStewart.GoodThing

Sep 21, 2023, 3:27:12 PM9/21/23
Venice Gold's is outdoors. I'll search for Maron's policy on visitors to his podcast garage.

Sqwertz

Sep 21, 2023, 9:52:08 PM9/21/23
Don't be sucha pussy. A bear is just a big raccoon.

And get a gun, ferchristsakes.

=sw

Bryan Simmons

Sep 22, 2023, 5:51:51 AM9/22/23
I agreed as a condition of marriage not to have a
handgun. The only other condition was agreeing
not to use corporal punishment on any children
that we might have. *Technically*, that means
that I *could* carry a shotgun or a rifle, but she
would not accompany me on my forays into the
forest if I were toting a gun. So, bear spray/bear
horn it is.

> =sw

--Bryan

dsi1

Sep 22, 2023, 6:35:52 AM9/22/23
A basic rule for married guys is to never give your wife a gun as a "present." That's just asking for trouble. Don't be like this bass player for a popular band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHtYxLPRFLc