OT Mowed the ENTIRE YARD, down to "3", and didn't use ANY petroleum!

John Kuthe

Apr 26, 2020, 12:36:04 PM4/26/20
My across the street neighbor Marc is out there with his STINKY Petroleum burning mower mowing his yard, and he's a professor at UMSL!

Who else does not see that in 100 years using petroleum to do yard work will be ILLEGAL?

United Statesians are SO STUPID!

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and So Much More!

Gary

Apr 26, 2020, 1:05:20 PM4/26/20
John Kuthe wrote:

> My across the street neighbor Marc is out there with his STINKY Petroleum burning mower mowing his yard, and he's a professor at UMSL!
>
> Who else does not see that in 100 years using petroleum to do yard work will be ILLEGAL?
>
> United Statesians are SO STUPID!

And you seem to be stupider than most.

Cindy Hamilton

Apr 26, 2020, 1:06:11 PM4/26/20
On Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 12:36:04 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> My across the street neighbor Marc is out there with his STINKY Petroleum burning mower mowing his yard, and he's a professor at UMSL!
>
> Who else does not see that in 100 years using petroleum to do yard work will be ILLEGAL?

Do you really think our supplies of oil will hold out that long?

> United Statesians are SO STUPID!

I mowed on Friday for the first time this year. Took about two hours
on my 16hp lawn tractor at 6 mph with a 48" deck. Nominally, 6 mph.
I spend a ton of time turning and navigating around obstacles.

Cindy Hamilton

Dave Smith

Apr 26, 2020, 1:24:18 PM4/26/20
I am likely to have to mow this week. I had problems with my lawn
tractor. It was running like crap and sometimes would not turn over to
start. I sent it to the shop where they did a tune up adjusted the
valves, changed the oil and filter, changed the air filter, replaced
belts and sharpened the blades. It ran great when they returned it. The
other day I went out to use is to haul some brush and it would not turn
over. It's back in the shop now.

Dang. I thought I was ahead of the game by getting it in for repairs
before mowing season. I also had a scare about that because the Covid
thing had shut down non essential businesses. They sell farm equipment
and were allowed to operate. Then they added more restrictions and I was
afraid that it would be in there for the duration.

Oh well... I had envisioned coming out of isolation with few less
points. That hasn't worked out, but if I have to start mowing this acre
and a half with the walk behind I should be coming out of it in much
better shape.

Cindy Hamilton

Apr 26, 2020, 1:32:22 PM4/26/20
On Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 1:24:18 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2020-04-26 1:06 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 12:36:04 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> >> My across the street neighbor Marc is out there with his STINKY Petroleum burning mower mowing his yard, and he's a professor at UMSL!
> >>
> >> Who else does not see that in 100 years using petroleum to do yard work will be ILLEGAL?
> >
> > Do you really think our supplies of oil will hold out that long?
> >
> >> United Statesians are SO STUPID!
> >
> > I mowed on Friday for the first time this year. Took about two hours
> > on my 16hp lawn tractor at 6 mph with a 48" deck. Nominally, 6 mph.
> > I spend a ton of time turning and navigating around obstacles.
>

> I am likely to have to mow this week. I had problems with my lawn
> tractor. It was running like crap and sometimes would not turn over to
> start. I sent it to the shop where they did a tune up adjusted the
> valves, changed the oil and filter, changed the air filter, replaced
> belts and sharpened the blades. It ran great when they returned it. The
> other day I went out to use is to haul some brush and it would not turn
> over. It's back in the shop now.

We did all of that to ours (except adjust the valves). I had the honor
of scraping the deck clean.

Mine doesn't like to start when it's cold out, and once it's started
if I stop it before thoroughly warming up the engine it vapor locks (or
something) and won't re-start. Have to make sure I've got everything all
set up and there are no fallen branches before I start the engine.

Once the weather warms up it's fine, though. It's only an inconvenience
the first couple and last couple mows of each season.

Cindy Hamilton

John Kuthe

Apr 26, 2020, 3:28:32 PM4/26/20
On Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 12:06:11 PM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 12:36:04 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> > My across the street neighbor Marc is out there with his STINKY Petroleum burning mower mowing his yard, and he's a professor at UMSL!
> >
> > Who else does not see that in 100 years using petroleum to do yard work will be ILLEGAL?
>
> Do you really think our supplies of oil will hold out that long?

It's already diminishing quite significantly

> > United Statesians are SO STUPID!
>
> I mowed on Friday for the first time this year. Took about two hours
> on my 16hp lawn tractor at 6 mph with a 48" deck. Nominally, 6 mph.
> I spend a ton of time turning and navigating around obstacles.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

First mows are always an adventure!

John Kuthe...

Hank Rogers

Apr 26, 2020, 5:06:49 PM4/26/20
A few days ago, I MOWED 3 HOURS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I BURNED ZERO GASOLINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I did burn a little diesel fuel. It doesn't count, just like
coal fueled electricity.

GM

Apr 26, 2020, 5:14:22 PM4/26/20
"It doesn't count"...OH, you mean like NOT paying your delinquent taxes...!!!???

--
Best
Greg

Hank Rogers

Apr 26, 2020, 5:41:43 PM4/26/20
Sort of, but I DID have to pay for the diesel fuel.

GM

Apr 26, 2020, 5:44:48 PM4/26/20
Lol...

Hope the IRS doesn't decide to garnish his "green energy"...

--
Best
Greg

John Kuthe

Apr 26, 2020, 5:53:34 PM4/26/20
Not YET, OK?

FUCK! Get OFF IT, ASSHOLE! I will! I'm not stupid.

John Kuthe...

Hank Rogers

Apr 26, 2020, 8:13:55 PM4/26/20
You're not ????

Alex

Apr 27, 2020, 7:54:30 PM4/27/20
Paying penalties and interest to the government unnecessarily is very
stupid.