Sunday Dinner 7/23/23

jmcquown

Jul 23, 2023, 6:07:02 PM7/23/23
A chicken pot pie from Publix. Good thing I put it in the oven and
baked it when I did. Major thunderstorms here and the power has
flickered off a couple of times but I timed it right and dinner is done!
:) I'll take a slice to work for lunch tomorrow, too.

What's on your menu?

Jill

Dave Smith

Jul 23, 2023, 6:52:00 PM7/23/23
Dinner will be served up soon. I spatchcocked a chicken and smeared it
with peri peri sauce. I cooked in skin side down on the BBQ over
directed heat for about 15 minutes than flipped it over and finished it
offset. I then mowed grass for a while and Megatron took over. She
wrapped some small potatoes in foil and did them on direct heat along
with an ear of corn that will be adorned with lime juice and chili
powder. Steamed green beans on the side.

Sqwertz

Jul 23, 2023, 8:44:23 PM7/23/23
How do you "slice" a pot pie - freeze it first?

> What's on your menu?

After some sex on the beach we had sunburned boobies on the plate
and marinated pork belly nasi goreng.

https://i.postimg.cc/TYRBnCTr/Nasi-Goreng-and-Boobies.jpg

(*) Garlic chives, shitake, fried tofu skin, cabbage, water
spinach, carrot, garlic, ginger, etc.... steamed buns. I think I
may have accidentally made them .... VEGAN! <gasp!>.

-sw

Bryan Simmons

Jul 23, 2023, 9:27:33 PM7/23/23
Shitty quality malt beverage. These days they make *real*
bottled cocktails, made with real liquor.

> -sw

--Bryan

Hank Rogers

Jul 23, 2023, 9:35:15 PM7/23/23
Is that stuff like a cheap ass beer with some added weird flavors?

Bryan Simmons

Jul 23, 2023, 9:46:45 PM7/23/23
Yes. They are cheaper to make than real cocktails, in no
small part because distilled spirits are taxed at a far higher
rate than merely fermented products like beer and wine,
and it wouldn't surprise me if in some states cocktails
made with real liquor are regulated more strictly.

--Bryan

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jul 23, 2023, 9:59:11 PM7/23/23
I stopped at a local Chinese restaurant and got a plate to go after a
visit to my nephew in the hospital.

Bruce

Jul 23, 2023, 11:00:49 PM7/23/23
On Sun, 23 Jul 2023 18:27:28 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
<bryang...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, July 23, 2023 at 7:44:23 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Jul 2023 18:06:51 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> > A chicken pot pie from Publix. Good thing I put it in the oven and
>> > baked it when I did. Major thunderstorms here and the power has
>> > flickered off a couple of times but I timed it right and dinner is done!
>> > :) I'll take a slice to work for lunch tomorrow, too.
>> How do you "slice" a pot pie - freeze it first?
>> > What's on your menu?
>> After some sex on the beach we had sunburned boobies on the plate
>> and marinated pork belly nasi goreng.

What a daring name for that drink in the Land of the Not So Free!

Cindy Hamilton

Jul 24, 2023, 4:51:02 AM7/24/23
Marinated garbanzo beans on a salad.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Sqwertz

Jul 24, 2023, 5:09:42 AM7/24/23
They're not new. At the turn of the 20th century, 85% of all
cocktails drank at home were canned or bottled pre-mixed drinks
made from various distilled spirits. And 80% of those were
Hueblein(sp?) Clubtails(tm). The other 20% were usually locally
made and delivered, usually by bars/taverns.

Have some history before you dis-respect something. How many times
have you seen me post pseudo cocktails? If it helps you sleep, I
did not buy them, I did not ask for them, and I added:

https://i.postimg.cc/d1kTx1Gd/Everclear-and-Boobies.jpg

I don't drink anything that's less than 12% ABV except for Belgian
triples or quads.

Wait a second, aren't you the hypocritical asshole who always puts
water and/or ice in his mediocre beers and doesn't ever drink
spirits unless past half-sober?

<yawn> Yep - another one of your ignorant double standards.

-sw

bruce bowser

Jul 24, 2023, 3:45:14 PM7/24/23
Is he with a gang or something? Was it a bike accident?

jmcquown

Jul 24, 2023, 5:40:09 PM7/24/23
On 7/23/2023 8:44 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jul 2023 18:06:51 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> A chicken pot pie from Publix. Good thing I put it in the oven and
>> baked it when I did. Major thunderstorms here and the power has
>> flickered off a couple of times but I timed it right and dinner is done!
>> :) I'll take a slice to work for lunch tomorrow, too.
>
> How do you "slice" a pot pie - freeze it first?

You don't know how to cut a 9" round top & bottom crust pie into slices?
Notice I didn't say squares, I said slices. I have a serrated spatula
which is great for cutting through a partially cooled pot pie or quiche
and is also used to plate the slice.

Leonard Blaisdell

Jul 26, 2023, 1:16:02 AM7/26/23
On 2023-07-23, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote:
That was two days ago. Pork 'n York. I had some pork tenderloin
moldering in the freezer. Last night was ham-shank and beans.
Tonight, my wife had leftover Pork 'n York, and I'll have <mumble>.
We're trying to get rid of old stuff in the freezer. There's a boatload
of past ham of various vintage. I "think" I have hamburger and ground
pork for meatloaf.
I have some ancient chicken broth that I've been swearing I'd use for
asparagus soup. I just have to buy asparagus and make sure our cream
hasn't gone bad. I had some two year old frozen tamales the other night.
Other stuff too. :(

leo

Bruce

Jul 28, 2023, 4:45:51 AM7/28/23
On Sunday, July 23, 2023 at 5:07:02 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
You forgot to say John Kuthe.

cshenk

Aug 1, 2023, 11:59:27 AM8/1/23
LOL, we have a good vacumn sealer and use commercial grade bags.
Normally we mark mm/yy and type of meat. Trying to clear it down now.
Chest freezer packed.