ALDI trip this morning

Ed P

Aug 1, 2023, 10:27:09 AM8/1/23
New Aldi store opened and of course, they mailed out $5 off coupons to
promote it. Figured I'd give it a try.

I do admit I started with a negative attitude from past experience, but
now they could turn me around. Did they?

First problem, I had three dimes in my pocket. Can't get a cart unless
you have a quarter. No problem, I'll go in and get change. Well, yes,
problem. No employee visible to ask, no cashiers, no service desk.

OK. I'll walk and carry. I had my bag to put stuff in. They had the
same cherries that I bought in two other stores. Aldi is known for
their prices.
Publix $5.99, Aldi $5.79, Detweilers $2.99

I wanted limes. Had none. They did have a large selection of cheeses
in packages. Some salmon looked OK, some ground beef looked horrid, the
Purdue chicken seemed OK and prices reasonable.

Then Bryan bragged about their premium vanilla ice cream. They had none.

So I went from one end to the other, picked up nothing, gave my coupon
to a lady checking out and that, friends, is the end of story. I see no
reason to ever go back.

Michael Trew

Aug 1, 2023, 1:14:54 PM8/1/23
I don't buy meat there (save frozen fish), but they usually have good
deals on produce. Butter is cheap enough. That deal you had on
cherries must have been some kind of sale at the other store. ALDI
potato chips are OK, ice cream is fine, and I get cheap cans of beans
and tomato sauce. The selection is limited in general, and I don't go
regularly. Maybe every couple of months.

GM

Aug 1, 2023, 1:23:32 PM8/1/23
They have good deals on German - imported holiday treats around Christmas, and
their house brand chocolate bars (German) are good...

But yeah, they'll often only have a house brand of an item, and if they are out of that, yer outta luck...

Used to shop at one in Chicago's Uptown years ago when I worked adjacent to an Aldi, but
have not been back since...

--
GM

Bering Sea Bar & Brig@MarthaStewart.GoodThing

Aug 1, 2023, 1:35:20 PM8/1/23
Always one cashier watching the self pay. I like their organic whole beans coffee and vanilla ice cream. Chicago had reports of empty shelves so FL must have stolen the food. For the record I wasn't impressed by the famous Italian grocery in St. Pete. The sub was average.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Aug 1, 2023, 6:28:04 PM8/1/23
On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 9:27:09 AM UTC-5, Ed P wrote:

I don't care for their bread, but their English muffins are quite good and the
packing makes me think of the Thomas brand.

The thing I don't care about their fresh vegetables is sometimes I want just
an onion, ONE onion. Nope, gotta buy a bag and I don't think I've ever seen
shallots there.

Yes, their butter is good and always a great deal at Thanksgiving, Christmas,
and Easter. Heavy cream is usually a great deal, too. Their large eggs are
on the small scale that can be sold as large.

I do like their bags of frozen mixed vegetables for soup as it doesn't have
okra in it. But it also doesn't have potatoes, but I can quickly dice up a
russet and add it to the pot.

Great variety of chips, nuts, and cookies. In the fall they always stock their
maple cream, maple leaf shaped cookies. They are fabulous!

I've not tried it, but their house brand of LaCroix is touted to be excellent.

Ed P

Aug 1, 2023, 8:22:07 PM8/1/23
One day if I happen to have a quarter I may try it again. I understand
the reason behind the quarter but make it so people can easily comply.
One a busier day I probably could have grabbed one from someone.

If I do, my cart will be left someplace in the lot away from cars. I
don't walk distance like I used to so unless I can carry everything, you
have to walk the distance to the store again.

People complain about the prices at Publix. They are higher but the
service is great. They will take you to the car with your car and
unload for you. If it starts to rain, they will walk you under an
umbrella to your car. No tipping.

Bruce

Aug 1, 2023, 9:04:18 PM8/1/23
On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 20:21:59 -0400, Ed P <e...@snet.xxx> wrote:

>One day if I happen to have a quarter I may try it again. I understand
>the reason behind the quarter but make it so people can easily comply.
>One a busier day I probably could have grabbed one from someone.

No biggie. We have a few coins in the ashtray of the car for this
purpose. Is that brilliant or what?

>If I do, my cart will be left someplace in the lot away from cars. I
>don't walk distance like I used to so unless I can carry everything, you
>have to walk the distance to the store again.
>
>People complain about the prices at Publix. They are higher but the
>service is great. They will take you to the car with your car and
>unload for you. If it starts to rain, they will walk you under an
>umbrella to your car. No tipping.

I'd hate that. I'm not royalty and I'm also not an invalid. Go away!

Hank Rogers

Aug 1, 2023, 10:27:30 PM8/1/23
Ed P wrote:
> On 8/1/2023 6:28 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
How are their blow jobs?

Ed P

Aug 1, 2023, 10:35:27 PM8/1/23
I never ask for it, but . . . Get back to us when you are 80 years old.
The old people appreciate it at times.

Bruce

Aug 1, 2023, 10:41:42 PM8/1/23
If we can't get our own groceries anymore, we'll bribe a neighbourhood
kid or get the groceries delivered.

cshenk

Aug 2, 2023, 12:33:05 PM8/2/23
Well I'd like it! Trying to negotiate my cane (needed now), car keys,
purse and an umbrella is awkward.

Bruce

Aug 2, 2023, 2:07:27 PM8/2/23
May I suggest putting your car keys in your purse? And I'd rather use
a handicapped spot close to the entrance than get a supermarket
employee to help me.

Bering Sea Bar & Brig@MarthaStewart.GoodThing

Aug 2, 2023, 2:29:53 PM8/2/23
I've gone in with a shopping bag and loaded that instead of a pay cart. They usually have empty boxes around from stocking shelves and don't mind customers taking one. The Florida aldi's are getting cleaned out by coupon Bubba's.

Ed P

Aug 2, 2023, 2:50:36 PM8/2/23
On 8/2/2023 2:29 PM, Bering Sea Bar & Br...@MarthaStewart.GoodThing wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 7:22:07 PM UTC-5, Ed P wrote:

> I've gone in with a shopping bag and loaded that instead of a pay cart. They usually have empty boxes around from stocking shelves and don't mind customers taking one. The Florida aldi's are getting cleaned out by coupon Bubba's.

I had a bag and that was my intention, though it would limit my
purchasing. They did not have the one thing I really wanted so left
with nothing.

What I did not understand, you need a quarter to use a cart. OK, that
is their thing. But what retail business have you ever been to that did
not have the means of making change? I had three dimes, I had some 20
dollar bills, I had a couple of credit cards. They had no one to make
change.

I spent my money up the street instead.

Ed P

Aug 2, 2023, 2:53:58 PM8/2/23
Then don't go to the Aldi near me. The handicapped spots were not the
closest to the entrance. After unloading your cart, you have to walk a
good distance back to get your quarter and then back to the car again.

I imagine some will just leave the cart in those spots for the next
person.

Bruce

Aug 2, 2023, 2:59:09 PM8/2/23
I think they rely on regulars knowing about the coin requirement. I've
also seen dedicated cart coins for sale at ALDI, with a little hole
through them so they can go on a key ring.

But you may still have to go to a regular supermarket as well, unless
you happen to only need what ALDI sell.

Bruce

Aug 2, 2023, 3:27:55 PM8/2/23
If you're seriously disabled then there are many things you'll need to
find a solution for. Getting to a mailbox, going to a doctor, visiting
a friend. I can imagine that life wouldn't be easy. Maybe a wheelchair
would be an option.

cshenk

Aug 2, 2023, 5:48:10 PM8/2/23
You are missing it on several points.

1) I already park as close as possible (handicap plates)
2) I have to get the keys out to unlock the car

It's simply nice to not have to worry sometimes on life's impediments.

cshenk

Aug 2, 2023, 6:25:20 PM8/2/23
Common actually. The drug store where I pickup precriptions has the
disability parking at the farthest corner from the cart return which
also has the only ramp.

Hank Rogers

Aug 2, 2023, 6:39:14 PM8/2/23
Well, by God, that does it! Fuck Aldi!

I wouldn't go back either, after being shit on, like they did
to you.

Bruce

Aug 2, 2023, 6:49:53 PM8/2/23
Then they're asking for people not returning their cart.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Aug 2, 2023, 10:10:24 PM8/2/23
On Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 4:48:10 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:

> 1) I already park as close as possible (handicap plates)
> 2) I have to get the keys out to unlock the car
>
> It's simply nice to not have to worry sometimes on life's impediments.

I use these attached to the strap of my purse and find them immensely
helpful when needing my keys. No digging in my purse and yes, I do
color co-ordinate them with the color of my purse.

https://i.postimg.cc/05FHBC0s/Carabiners.jpg

Michael Trew

Aug 3, 2023, 12:21:12 PM8/3/23
On 8/1/2023 6:28 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:

> I don't care for their bread, but their English muffins are quite good and the
> packing makes me think of the Thomas brand.

Yes, the bread isn't very good. I buy in-store baked Italian bread at
my local grocery store. Their English muffins are OK.

> The thing I don't care about their fresh vegetables is sometimes I want just
> an onion, ONE onion. Nope, gotta buy a bag and I don't think I've ever seen
> shallots there.

I only buy onions by the bag. I can easily dice up two of them into a
day's food for Sophia and I. Onions and potatoes by the sack! BTW,
Miranda is home from the hospital and seems to be normal, but she's
extremely drained and tired all of the time.

> I do like their bags of frozen mixed vegetables for soup as it doesn't have
> okra in it. But it also doesn't have potatoes, but I can quickly dice up a
> russet and add it to the pot.

I don't think I've ever bought frozen veggies for soup. I don't know
why, probably because grandma never did. It's a day's activity here
when I make a vat of vegetable soup. Despite Gary not believing me, my
stock pot is no smaller than 20 qts.

> I've not tried it, but their house brand of LaCroix is touted to be excellent.

I have multiple friends who've tried to get me to like that stuff, but I
can't get behind the sparkling water. Better than soda, but still a
no-go for me. I will admit, that the coconut essence one was OK.
That's the only one I'd try a second time.

Cindy Hamilton

Aug 3, 2023, 3:28:45 PM8/3/23
On 2023-08-03, Michael Trew <michae...@att.net> wrote:

> I don't think I've ever bought frozen veggies for soup. I don't know
> why, probably because grandma never did. It's a day's activity here

Tedious. A couple of hours does it for me. I don't put the whole
produce section in my soup:

mirepoix of onions, celery, and carrots
garlic
canned great northern beans
canned tomato
frozen green beans
cabbage (I blanch an entire head and freeze it so I can throw
a couple handfuls into the soup)
fresh minced parsley

Once in a while I use zucchini instead of cabbage

I also don't simmer it for an eternity. Just until the green beans
are tender-crisp. They continue cooking as the soup cools enough to
put it in the fridge or freezer.

> when I make a vat of vegetable soup. Despite Gary not believing me, my
> stock pot is no smaller than 20 qts.

I probably make 8 quarts. That's 24-32 servings for me. I usually
have a bit of cheese and a slice of bread along with the soup. One
single thing doesn't really make a meal.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Thomas

Aug 3, 2023, 5:52:17 PM8/3/23
Try shaving broccoli florets into it.

cshenk

Aug 3, 2023, 6:00:46 PM8/3/23
No, actually they are asking to not park in the disability slots. More
than 50% of us need a ramp.

dsi1

Aug 3, 2023, 6:29:12 PM8/3/23
That don't seem right. The handicap spaces around here are located close to the entrance of where you want to go and there's always a ramp. The cart stations don't figure into this. Boy, I sure wish I could get one of those handicapped parking hangers. That would be boss.

Ed P

Aug 3, 2023, 7:46:29 PM8/3/23
Does not SEEM right but the local Aldi has no cart return except in
front of the store. The H spots are not the closest either.

If I used a handicapped spot, I'd just leave it by the parking spot for
the next person. Holding a cart can make a big difference walking for
some. If I ever get a quarter and go again, I'll do that anyway.

Bruce

Aug 3, 2023, 7:59:31 PM8/3/23
Maybe you can ask a passer-by for a quarter?

Ed P

Aug 3, 2023, 8:56:36 PM8/3/23
On 8/3/2023 7:59 PM, Bruce wrote:> On Thu, 3 Aug 2023 19:46:21 -0400, Ed
Working on it. The past week I've not shaved or showered. My sign
says: "Will Work for Cart Quarters". Going out to the highway exit
this weekend.

I've never been in a retail store before that could not make change for
a customer. Aldi is a first.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Aug 3, 2023, 9:21:26 PM8/3/23
On Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 11:21:12 AM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:

> On 8/1/2023 6:28 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> >
> > The thing I don't care about their fresh vegetables is sometimes I want just
> > an onion, ONE onion. Nope, gotta buy a bag and I don't think I've ever seen
> > shallots there.
> >
> I only buy onions by the bag. I can easily dice up two of them into a
> day's food for Sophia and I. Onions and potatoes by the sack! BTW,
> Miranda is home from the hospital and seems to be normal, but she's
> extremely drained and tired all of the time.

I keep frozen chopped onions in the freezer. When I need a whole onion it's
for a hamburger and that's the only time I need one.

Glad to hear she's home and hope all continues well with her.

> > I do like their bags of frozen mixed vegetables for soup as it doesn't have
> > okra in it. But it also doesn't have potatoes, but I can quickly dice up a
> > russet and add it to the pot.
> >
> I don't think I've ever bought frozen veggies for soup. I don't know
> why, probably because grandma never did. It's a day's activity here
> when I make a vat of vegetable soup. Despite Gary not believing me, my
> stock pot is no smaller than 20 qts.

The frozen veggies are great when I'm making vegetable beef soup. Depending
on which store I buy them from, they have every veggie I want for soup. The
frozen ones with okra are good, I just don't care for okra in my soup as many
of the slices are just too darn tough. Green beans are in the mix but not white
or navy beans.

Walmart's brand of frozen mixed vegetables are good, too.

Hank Rogers

Aug 3, 2023, 9:24:31 PM8/3/23
Ed P wrote:
> On 8/3/2023 7:59 PM, Bruce wrote:> On Thu, 3 Aug 2023 19:46:21
> -0400, Ed P <e...@snet.xxx> wrote:

Stay away from that damn low class store!

If you don't, it won't be long till you start shaving your
balls and crowing about it.

And then you'll start gluing coins on the sidewalk, just like
squirtz.

Shit.

Bruce

Aug 3, 2023, 9:26:48 PM8/3/23
:)

>I've never been in a retail store before that could not make change for
>a customer. Aldi is a first.

Yes, it's lame since their carts require coins. But there are
workarounds.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Aug 3, 2023, 9:27:28 PM8/3/23
On Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 6:46:29 PM UTC-5, Ed P wrote:

> Does not SEEM right but the local Aldi has no cart return except in
> front of the store. The H spots are not the closest either.

That's odd. All the Aldi stores here the handicap parking spots are
right at the door. Same with Kroger, Walmart, and Target.

I will say the quarter for a shopping cart does keep them from being
scattered all over the parking lot. Plus, I've yet to see one Aldi cart
being commandeered by a single homeless person and full of junk
being pushed down the street.

Bruce

Aug 3, 2023, 9:28:50 PM8/3/23
On Thu, 03 Aug 2023 12:21:09 -0400, Michael Trew
<michae...@att.net> wrote:

>On 8/1/2023 6:28 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
>>
>> I don't care for their bread, but their English muffins are quite good and the
>> packing makes me think of the Thomas brand.
>
>Yes, the bread isn't very good. I buy in-store baked Italian bread at
>my local grocery store. Their English muffins are OK.
>
>> The thing I don't care about their fresh vegetables is sometimes I want just
>> an onion, ONE onion. Nope, gotta buy a bag and I don't think I've ever seen
>> shallots there.
>
>I only buy onions by the bag. I can easily dice up two of them into a
>day's food for Sophia and I. Onions and potatoes by the sack! BTW,
>Miranda is home from the hospital and seems to be normal, but she's
>extremely drained and tired all of the time.

Who be that? The mother of your daughter?

dsi1

Aug 3, 2023, 9:39:09 PM8/3/23
It's odd that the handicap parking wouldn't be close to the entrance of the store. The idea of leaving a cart next to the handicap parking is an idea that I've never thought of before. When I go shopping, I'll have to check to see if people do that.

Graham

Aug 3, 2023, 9:41:24 PM8/3/23
On 2023-08-03 7:27 p.m., itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 6:46:29 PM UTC-5, Ed P wrote:
>>
>> Does not SEEM right but the local Aldi has no cart return except in
>> front of the store. The H spots are not the closest either.
>>
> That's odd. All the Aldi stores here the handicap parking spots are
> right at the door. Same with Kroger, Walmart, and Target.

Yebbut Ed lives in Florida where Desantis has turned everything upside down.

Bruce

Aug 3, 2023, 10:09:29 PM8/3/23
But Joan also lives in a red state.

Bruce

Aug 3, 2023, 10:10:58 PM8/3/23
On Thu, 3 Aug 2023 18:39:04 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net>
I've never seen it. It defeats the purpose. "Hey, you're handicapped,
you can walk 100 metres to the store. Better start right away. It's
going to take a while!"

Leonard Blaisdell

Aug 3, 2023, 10:20:16 PM8/3/23
On 2023-08-04, Graham <g.st...@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Yebbut Ed lives in Florida where Desantis has turned everything upside down.

Or has held the line against the progressive march toward dystopia. Time
will tell.

Bruce

Aug 3, 2023, 10:22:19 PM8/3/23
On 4 Aug 2023 02:20:09 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
Especially for you, Leo:
<https://i.redd.it/0kuiaqaiftn41.jpg>

Ed P

Aug 3, 2023, 11:11:08 PM8/3/23
On 8/3/2023 10:20 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:> On 2023-08-04, Graham
<g.st...@shaw.ca> wrote:

>> Yebbut Ed lives in Florida where Desantis has turned everything
upside down.

> Or has held the line against the progressive march toward dystopia. Time
> will tell.
Yes, DeSantis is assuring our freedom by restricting what we can read,
what teachers can teach, what shows we can take kids to, what doctors
can treat.

Girls are learning to be independent. If a young girl gets her period
in school, she is not allowed to ask the teacher for help, not is the
teacher permitted to answer her questions.

If a business publicly is critical of his rulings, they can be taken to
court and governance challenged.

Florida even has it's own army now, the State Guard. If those fools in
Georgia attack, we are ready.

Bruce

Aug 3, 2023, 11:15:15 PM8/3/23
Sounds like heaven for Leo. Although, do you also have racial
segregation?

Ed P

Aug 3, 2023, 11:43:13 PM8/3/23
Some of the blacks are a bit upset but I don't know why. Did you know
that slavery actually had some benefits? Slaves were able to learn some
skills that would help them get jobs later. This was free training, not
like trade school you'd have to pay for.

Hank Rogers

Aug 3, 2023, 11:43:56 PM8/3/23
Like trump on steroids :)

What worries me is that he may be smarter than trump.

Bruce

Aug 4, 2023, 12:54:19 AM8/4/23
Plus, if it wasn't for slavery, they'd be sitting in front of a cow
shit hut, starving to death. Blacks should pay whites reparations for
all the benefits we've granted them. Right, Leo?

Leonard Blaisdell

Aug 4, 2023, 2:40:41 AM8/4/23
On 2023-08-04, Ed P <e...@snet.xxx> wrote:

> Yes, DeSantis is assuring our freedom by restricting what we can read,
> what teachers can teach, what shows we can take kids to, what doctors
> can treat.

> Girls are learning to be independent. If a young girl gets her period
> in school, she is not allowed to ask the teacher for help, not is the
> teacher permitted to answer her questions.

> If a business publicly is critical of his rulings, they can be taken to
> court and governance challenged.

> Florida even has it's own army now, the State Guard. If those fools in
> Georgia attack, we are ready.

I typed a screed and thought better about posting it. So...we look at the
World very differently.
I'll be your age in a couple of weeks. Less than a month later, you'll
move on. Welcome to Platinum. I hope I make it.
I shouldn't have typed that. I had a friend who said the same thing, at
nearly the same time of his life, and didn't make it to 74. :(
77 Sunset Strip, here I come, or do I?

Bruce

Aug 4, 2023, 2:58:16 AM8/4/23
On 4 Aug 2023 06:40:33 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
<leobla...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 2023-08-04, Ed P <e...@snet.xxx> wrote:
>
>> Yes, DeSantis is assuring our freedom by restricting what we can read,
>> what teachers can teach, what shows we can take kids to, what doctors
>> can treat.
>
>> Girls are learning to be independent. If a young girl gets her period
>> in school, she is not allowed to ask the teacher for help, not is the
>> teacher permitted to answer her questions.
>
>> If a business publicly is critical of his rulings, they can be taken to
>> court and governance challenged.
>
>> Florida even has it's own army now, the State Guard. If those fools in
>> Georgia attack, we are ready.
>

>I typed a screed and thought better about posting it.

Allow me to summarize your 60s Republican views for you, Leo:

Blacks in the back of the bus
No gay marriage
Abortion is illegal
More military to Vietnam
No sexual education for kids
No gay teachers
Pro death penalty

GM

Aug 4, 2023, 4:33:07 AM8/4/23
Yes, Graham, such an awful state that peeps are fleeing in large numbers, just as they are from California, Illinois, New York State...

In fact, Florida is even expected to lose House seats, not to mention the projected loss of income that will play havoc with the state budget...

--
GM

GM

Aug 4, 2023, 4:47:11 AM8/4/23
On Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 10:11:08 PM UTC-5, Ed P wrote:
> On 8/3/2023 10:20 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:> On 2023-08-04, Graham
> <g.st...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> >
> >> Yebbut Ed lives in Florida where Desantis has turned everything
> upside down.
> >

> > Or has held the line against the progressive march toward dystopia. Time
> > will tell.
> Yes, DeSantis is assuring our freedom by restricting what we can read,
> what teachers can teach, what shows we can take kids to, what doctors
> can treat.

He is bravely protecting the rights of parents to have some say in their kid's lives, Ed...

And who is this "we", Ed...???

Do you mean that something like, say, " Heather Has Two Mommies ", is only available via illegal samizdat...???

> Girls are learning to be independent. If a young girl gets her period
> in school, she is not allowed to ask the teacher for help, not is the
> teacher permitted to answer her questions.

Where are the parents...???

> If a business publicly is critical of his rulings, they can be taken to
> court and governance challenged.

That of course *never* happens in blue states...

> Florida even has it's own army now, the State Guard. If those fools in
> Georgia attack, we are ready.

You're watching too much MSNBC, Ed...

Rachel Maddow is an old lefty bulldyke, she's too old to be in the rag in any case...

And it's pretty slick how Governor DeSantis "trumped" Disney...

Just giving the "DEI" crowd a taste of their own medicine, lol...

BRAVO! say I...

--
GM

GM

Aug 4, 2023, 6:05:10 AM8/4/23
Ed P wrote:

> On 8/3/2023 10:20 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:> On 2023-08-04, Graham
> <g.st...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> >
> >> Yebbut Ed lives in Florida where Desantis has turned everything
> upside down.
> >

> > Or has held the line against the progressive march toward dystopia. Time
> > will tell.
> Yes, DeSantis is assuring our freedom by restricting what we can read,
> what teachers can teach, what shows we can take kids to, what doctors
> can treat.

The reason that people don’t have a problem with kids entertainment containing age
appropriate representations of heterosexual attraction, courting, and relationships but do
consider it an “abomination” when kids entertainment contains homosexual attraction
and relationships is because, regardless of the ideological push these days, people
intrinsically know and understand that heterosexual relationships are normal, healthy,
and ordered toward the good of society and the individuals, while homosexual
relationships are not.

If given a choice, no parent except the most political and ideologically committed would choose
for their child to be gay rather than straight. There are very real and valid reason for that.

The intent of homosexual relationships in children’s entertainment is to normalize homosexuality to children.

And homosexual relationships/behavior are not normal or healthy and serves no social/procreative purpose.

They aren’t even particularly common or long lasting.

Since gay marriage has been legalized in the US, only 9% of homosexuals are married compared to 48% of heterosexuals (a historically low and not good number).

And in the exact relationships where we would want stability, couples with children, the divorce
rate is 43% among same sex couples with children as opposed to 8% for opposite sex couples.
Why would we want to sell this to children? For similar reasons we don’t want children’s
entertainment that promotes divorce, cohabiting, polygamy, one night stands, etc even though
these are behaviors and relationships found in the real world...

People get mad when companies like Disney promote homosexuality to children because Disney
is then pushing a controversial value judgment onto people’s children and trying to idealize
non-ideal behavior.

There is nothing controversial in men and women falling in love and getting married.

It is controversial to promote other forms of relationships as a good.

The 1967 grant of special status to Disney was a grant of privilege, because the state saw it
in its interests to make such a grant.

Disney is no longer the company Walt founded or envisioned, and is no longer the company
that Florida constituents see as being in their interests to continue to grant such privilege(s).

If Disney were promoting neo-Nazi programs and propaganda, the state of Florida would be
well within its rights and good sense to strip the company of privileges.

The state would ***not***, however, be able to legitimately punish Disney with taxes not binding
on other such businesses, etc.

This is not a free speech issue.

It's an issue over what kind of culture the citizens of Florida want to encourage.

If the constituents think DeSantis and the legislature were off base, they can vote them out of office...

You *do* vote, *don't" you, Ed...???

;-D

--
GM

GM

Aug 4, 2023, 6:21:05 AM8/4/23
Gee whiz, Ed...

I've heard that DeSantis is planning to build a "Florida Wall", akin to the old Cold War relic, the "Berlin Wall"...

The intent is to keep all you poor Florida schmucks "corraled" into Florida, with NO possiblity of traveling
or even emigrating to friendlier climes...

And that Florida "state guard"...???

They will be dragooned into being the Florida Wall "border guards", with "shoot to kill" orders for anyone
hapless enuf to try to breach that loathesome barrier...

Remember, Ed, next time on a trip North, you may be SHOT and KILLED when trying to cross over into
border...

BEWARE, my good friend...!!!

You could be a modern - day version of Peter Fetcher...!!!

But no worries, as a Martyr, the democratic national party will honor you post - humously, I'm practically sure...

;-D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Peter_Fechter

"Peter Fechter (14 January 1944 – 17 August 1962) was a German bricklayer who became the
twenty-seventh known person to die at the Berlin Wall. Fechter was 18 years old when he was shot
and killed by East German border guards while trying to cross over to West Berlin....

On 17 August 1962, around one year after the construction of the Berlin Wall, Fechter
and Helmut Kulbeik attempted to flee from East Germany.

Their plan was initially successful as both Fechter and Kulbeik reached the final wall, but as
they began to climb the East German border guards fired at them.

Although Kulbeik succeeded in crossing over the wall, Fechter was shot in the pelvis while
still climbing, in plain view of hundreds of witnesses.

He fell back into the death-strip on the East German side, where he remained in view of
West German onlookers, including journalists.

Despite his screams, Fechter received no medical assistance from the East German side,
and could not be tended to by those on the West side.

West Berlin police threw him bandages, which he could not reach, and he bled to death after
approximately one hour. As a result of his death, hundreds in West Berlin formed a
spontaneous demonstration, shouting "Murderers!" at the border guards..."

</>

Mike Duffy

Aug 4, 2023, 9:14:34 AM8/4/23
On 2023-08-04, Ed P wrote:

> Did you know that slavery actually had some benefits?
> Slaves were able to learn some skills

That's nothing compared to our most important gifts.

Before their souls were washed clean in Christ's blood,
instead of a true faith, all they had was pow-wows
where the cult leader spoke in arkane mumbo jumbo.

Usually, this was followed by the voodoo leaders
taking sexual advantage of the youngsters, with
promise of some sort of vague supernatural reward.

Ed P

Aug 4, 2023, 9:41:03 AM8/4/23
I thought the Vatican cleaned that up. Didn't they fire some of those
voodoo leaders?

cshenk

Aug 4, 2023, 11:32:03 AM8/4/23
It isn't right. It's one of the few times I have experienced it. Most
are as you say, close with ramp.

Sad grin, no you don't want one. You have to have significant
impairment of some type to get one. Be aware when you see someone, not
all of those impairments are obvious to the eye. Heart or lung
problems may not be obvious but make them distance limited and often,
slow walkers.

cshenk

Aug 4, 2023, 11:37:05 AM8/4/23
Ed P wrote:
> Does not SEEM right but the local Aldi has no cart return except in
> front of the store. The H spots are not the closest either.
>
> If I used a handicapped spot, I'd just leave it by the parking spot
> for the next person. Holding a cart can make a big difference
> walking for some. If I ever get a quarter and go again, I'll do that
> anyway.

Krogers near me is my least favorite. The cart return is across the
street. No curb cut by it until recently (heard it was the result of a
lawsuit under ADA compliance).

bruce bowser

Aug 4, 2023, 12:09:29 PM8/4/23
Visiting several places makes for better choices, though.

Michael Trew

Aug 4, 2023, 12:58:56 PM8/4/23
Whitewashing history is not cool. OTOH, no one ever points the finger
at Africans for selling their own people out into the slave trade.

Michael Trew

Aug 4, 2023, 1:07:50 PM8/4/23
On 8/3/2023 3:28 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2023-08-03, Michael Trew<michae...@att.net> wrote:
>>
>> I don't think I've ever bought frozen veggies for soup. I don't know
>> why, probably because grandma never did. It's a day's activity here
>
> Tedious. A couple of hours does it for me. I don't put the whole
> produce section in my soup:
>
> mirepoix of onions, celery, and carrots
> garlic
> canned great northern beans
> canned tomato
> frozen green beans
> cabbage (I blanch an entire head and freeze it so I can throw
> a couple handfuls into the soup)
> fresh minced parsley
>
> Once in a while I use zucchini instead of cabbage
>
> I also don't simmer it for an eternity. Just until the green beans
> are tender-crisp. They continue cooking as the soup cools enough to
> put it in the fridge or freezer.
>
>> when I make a vat of vegetable soup. Despite Gary not believing me, my
>> stock pot is no smaller than 20 qts.
>
> I probably make 8 quarts. That's 24-32 servings for me. I usually
> have a bit of cheese and a slice of bread along with the soup. One
> single thing doesn't really make a meal.

It's not terribly tedious. Most of the time is spent simmering, not
actively working. For some reason, I don't seem to be able to make it
in smaller batches. I learned from Grandma, and her mother had 10 kids,
so that kinda makes sense. I work at it for a week, give a few bowls
away, and freeze the rest into single containers.

Michael Trew

Aug 4, 2023, 1:09:06 PM8/4/23
On 8/3/2023 9:21 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 11:21:12 AM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:
>>
>> On 8/1/2023 6:28 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
>>>
>>> The thing I don't care about their fresh vegetables is sometimes I want just
>>> an onion, ONE onion. Nope, gotta buy a bag and I don't think I've ever seen
>>> shallots there.
>>>
>> I only buy onions by the bag. I can easily dice up two of them into a
>> day's food for Sophia and I. Onions and potatoes by the sack! BTW,
>> Miranda is home from the hospital and seems to be normal, but she's
>> extremely drained and tired all of the time.
>>
> I keep frozen chopped onions in the freezer. When I need a whole onion it's
> for a hamburger and that's the only time I need one.

I bought a bag of frozen diced onions a while back, and I keep it in the
freezer in case I run out of fresh ones. It will probably be used
within 6 months when I'm in a pinch, and then I replace it.

> Glad to hear she's home and hope all continues well with her.

Thank you.

Michael Trew

Aug 4, 2023, 1:10:29 PM8/4/23
On 8/3/2023 9:28 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Aug 2023 12:21:09 -0400, Michael Trew
> <michae...@att.net> wrote:
>
>> On 8/1/2023 6:28 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't care for their bread, but their English muffins are quite good and the
>>> packing makes me think of the Thomas brand.
>>
>> Yes, the bread isn't very good. I buy in-store baked Italian bread at
>> my local grocery store. Their English muffins are OK.
>>
>>> The thing I don't care about their fresh vegetables is sometimes I want just
>>> an onion, ONE onion. Nope, gotta buy a bag and I don't think I've ever seen
>>> shallots there.
>>
>> I only buy onions by the bag. I can easily dice up two of them into a
>> day's food for Sophia and I. Onions and potatoes by the sack! BTW,
>> Miranda is home from the hospital and seems to be normal, but she's
>> extremely drained and tired all of the time.
>
> Who be that? The mother of your daughter?

Yes. She's been in the hospital for a little while, and Sophia has been
staying with me full time for the last few weeks. With my work
schedule, that's been pretty hectic.

GM

Aug 4, 2023, 1:12:28 PM8/4/23
Michael Trew wrote:

> > On Thu, 3 Aug 2023 23:43:05 -0400, Ed P<e...@snet.xxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> Some of the blacks are a bit upset but I don't know why. Did you know
> >> that slavery actually had some benefits? Slaves were able to learn some
> >> skills that would help them get jobs later. This was free training, not
> >> like trade school you'd have to pay for.
> >

> Whitewashing history is not cool. OTOH, no one ever points the finger
> at Africans for selling their own people out into the slave trade.

And no one points the fingers at the racist liberal dems for insituting the 60's "Great Society" programs
which have now *deliberately* kept poor blacks in a state of dependency and utter failure for generations now...

--
GM

Michael Trew

Aug 4, 2023, 1:13:47 PM8/4/23
On 8/3/2023 9:27 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 6:46:29 PM UTC-5, Ed P wrote:
>>
>> Does not SEEM right but the local Aldi has no cart return except in
>> front of the store. The H spots are not the closest either.
>>
> That's odd. All the Aldi stores here the handicap parking spots are
> right at the door. Same with Kroger, Walmart, and Target.
>
> I will say the quarter for a shopping cart does keep them from being
> scattered all over the parking lot. Plus, I've yet to see one Aldi cart
> being commandeered by a single homeless person and full of junk
> being pushed down the street.

There is another reason why people don't steal their carts. I was told
that if they move for too long, the back wheels will completely lock up.
It is reset when you return the cart and pop the quarter out. So it's
actually some kind of locking mechanism so homeless people or whatever
don't steal them. That's probably the real reason for the quarter,
which is disguised as an incentive to return the cart, LOL.

GM

Aug 4, 2023, 1:22:32 PM8/4/23
Michael Trew wrote:

> Whitewashing history is not cool. OTOH, no one ever points the finger
> at Africans for selling their own people out into the slave trade.

Those who call for "reparations" should "go back to the source", and those present - day
African countries should be responsible for "reparations" (which, in any case is dimwitted exercise)...

And remember it was the *Republicans* who fought for abolition in the 19th century - which
led to the US Civil War...

And let us not forget the DIxiecrats, 1948 is not that long ago in history, historically speaking:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixiecrat

The States' Rights Democratic Party (whose members are often called the Dixiecrats) was a short-lived segregationist political party in the United States, active primarily in the South. It arose due to a Southern regional split in opposition to the regular Democratic Party.

After President Harry S. Truman, the leader of the Democratic Party, ordered integration of the military in 1948 and other actions to address civil rights of African Americans, including the first presidential proposal for comprehensive civil and voting rights, many Southern white politicians who objected to this course organized themselves as a breakaway faction. They wished to protect the ability of states to maintain racial segregation...."

--
GM

--
GM

cshenk

Aug 4, 2023, 3:29:53 PM8/4/23
Not really. Krogers just has a smaller stock choice of what is in
Harris Teeters for what I buy. Going to multiple stores wastes gas.

You trimmed 'why' Krogers is least favorite. Why did you do that?

dsi1

Aug 4, 2023, 3:40:12 PM8/4/23
There are locking wheel hubs that are activated by embedded magnets on the perimeter of the stores. Every so often you get a cart with a locked wheel. They're very effective!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWZOeM5jdjg

Bruce

Aug 4, 2023, 3:51:37 PM8/4/23
On Fri, 04 Aug 2023 13:10:28 -0400, Michael Trew
I can imagine.

Bruce

Aug 4, 2023, 3:52:28 PM8/4/23
Those carts, at least here, don't look as advanced as you describe
them.

Hank Rogers

Aug 4, 2023, 4:42:09 PM8/4/23
Must be a hell of a lot of thieves on dat rock, Uncle.

jmcquown

Aug 4, 2023, 4:58:14 PM8/4/23
On 8/4/2023 3:29 PM, cshenk wrote:
> bruce bowser wrote:
>
>> On Friday, August 4, 2023 at 11:37:05 AM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
>>
>>> Krogers near me is my least favorite.
>>
>> Visiting several places makes for better choices, though.
>
> Not really. Krogers just has a smaller stock choice of what is in
> Harris Teeters for what I buy. Going to multiple stores wastes gas.

I see no point in driving to multiple stores for groceries unless there
is a specific item you simply cannot find and really need.

> You trimmed 'why' Krogers is least favorite. Why did you do that?

Three guesses and the first two don't count. ;)

Jill

Bruce

Aug 4, 2023, 5:00:15 PM8/4/23
On Fri, 4 Aug 2023 16:57:57 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On 8/4/2023 3:29 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> bruce bowser wrote:

>>> Visiting several places makes for better choices, though.
>>
>> Not really. Krogers just has a smaller stock choice of what is in
>> Harris Teeters for what I buy. Going to multiple stores wastes gas.
>>
>I see no point in driving to multiple stores for groceries unless there
>is a specific item you simply cannot find and really need.

Which is exactly why people do it. Jill gets this week's Dave Smith
award!

Bering Sea Bar & Brig@MarthaStewart.GoodThing

Aug 4, 2023, 5:01:41 PM8/4/23
No electricity in Fort Myers neighborhoods restored yet. Is FPL having supply chain issues? The hurricane was last year. Is FPL waiting until the 2023 season is over ???

Bruce

Aug 4, 2023, 5:05:50 PM8/4/23
Is Florida a red state by any chance?

Dave Smith

Aug 4, 2023, 5:34:20 PM8/4/23
I used to work with a skinflint and he and his wife use to go to
multiple grocery store to take advantage of sales. He probably spent
more on the extra gas than he saved in groceries. Goodness knows if they
also bought other things on impulse in each of those stores.

One year I bought a Mazda MVP (mini van) and he was impressed. He had
been looking for that type of vehicle but he rejected Mazda because they
were a little more expensive. He thought the Ford Aerostar was just as
good and the price was lower. I had already sworn off NA cars at that
point.

Andy was all excited about getting his new van. We had about 4" of snow
that night. I pulled into the lot at work, turned out and backed into a
parking space. Andy pulled up and honked to get my attention so I would
see his new car. He had pulled up to back in like I had but his new FOrd
got stuck in the snow.

About a month later he headed south for a winter vacation in the
Florida. He almost made it through PA when he got tangled up in a multi
vehicle crash and totalled his new van. Saving a few bucks on something
is not always an economical move.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Aug 4, 2023, 5:47:24 PM8/4/23
I don't know about Aldi, but I do know that the Kroger I shop at has an underground
locking system on their carts. I found this out when I had backed into a parking
space at the perimeter of their parking lot. When I pushed my cart toward the
back door of my car and I was at that perimeter the wheels locked up on the cart.
Not until I was about 30 feet away and dragging that cart to the corral did the
wheels finally unlock. GRRRRRRRRRR

dsi1

Aug 4, 2023, 6:07:06 PM8/4/23
When I was there back in the late 80's, the people there just stared at me. They never saw people that looked like me - except maybe on TV in shows like "Kung Fu" or "Green Hornet." I felt like I was in a TV show - "The Andy Griffith Show."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1D78Y60gvo

Hank Rogers

Aug 4, 2023, 6:18:53 PM8/4/23
Why didn't you just leave the damn thing where it locked up?

jmcquown

Aug 4, 2023, 6:21:40 PM8/4/23
I sure hope your daughter's mother is okay.

Jill

jmcquown

Aug 4, 2023, 6:22:45 PM8/4/23
Is your freezer large enough for all that?

Jill

Hank Rogers

Aug 4, 2023, 6:23:04 PM8/4/23
Shit, Tojo, even back then there were plenty of dinks, gooks,
nips, and just about every type of asian in florida.

People were staring at you for some other reason. We both know
what that reason is.

dsi1

Aug 4, 2023, 6:40:23 PM8/4/23
Hopefully, your daughter is enjoying her time with you and vice versa. We went to a school orientation last night for my granddaughter. Her daddy was there. It's quite a tense time when my daughter and him are around each other. I'm hoping they'll grow out of it. My granddaughter just loves her daddy, even though she doesn't get to see him much. I guess that's the way it is with most daughters.
We're using the village approach to raise her. At the moment, her tutu is with her at the park. The other night, my son and his girlfriend took her and their daughters to some kiddie playland.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AGfPJVZ2edQRBjvU7

Bruce

Aug 4, 2023, 7:21:40 PM8/4/23
On Fri, 4 Aug 2023 15:07:02 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net>
wrote:

>On Friday, August 4, 2023 at 11:05:50 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Aug 2023 14:01:37 -0700 (PDT), "Bering Sea Bar &
>> Br...@MarthaStewart.GoodThing" <jgro...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >No electricity in Fort Myers neighborhoods restored yet. Is FPL having supply chain issues? The hurricane was last year. Is FPL waiting until the 2023 season is over ???
>> >
>> Is Florida a red state by any chance?
>
>When I was there back in the late 80's, the people there just stared at me.
>They never saw people that looked like me - except maybe on TV in
>shows like "Kung Fu" or "Green Hornet."

Sounds like it was a creepy place.

dsi1

Aug 4, 2023, 8:27:12 PM8/4/23
I was my usual happy, friendly, self. Those guys over there are freaked out by a person that looks like me smiling at them instead of walking around all intimidated. That wasn't the worst thing about Florida. It was that nasty-ass water those people drink down there. I couldn't believe it - the restaurants serve the same water at the tables. They made their coffee with it. That nasty water overpowered their coffee. It tasted like catfish were living in their water supply.

dsi1

Aug 4, 2023, 8:29:07 PM8/4/23
Okay, I'll call your bluff, gm. What's the reason?
My guess it's going to be chicken shit time for you.

Bruce

Aug 4, 2023, 8:32:15 PM8/4/23
On Fri, 4 Aug 2023 17:27:08 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net>
Maybe it was contaminated with alligator poo.

Thomas

Aug 4, 2023, 8:39:32 PM8/4/23
My wife visited for Easter week. She said the bottled water was shit too.

dsi1

Aug 4, 2023, 8:52:09 PM8/4/23
I was a little paranoid of being in Florida. It thought there might have been some alligators taking walks outside the condo. I heard them shuffling around at night. It turns out I was hearing the water sprinklers.

Bruce

Aug 4, 2023, 8:55:27 PM8/4/23
On Fri, 4 Aug 2023 17:52:05 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net>
If I regularly saw slow, old people with walking aids in Florida, I'd
feel relatively safe.

Hank Rogers

Aug 4, 2023, 8:59:04 PM8/4/23
The reason is yoose an asshole, Uncle.

dsi1

Aug 4, 2023, 9:09:18 PM8/4/23
To tell you the truth, I don't recall seeing any old folks during my stay. I did see this guy checking out the Backdraft ride at Universal Studios park. Heck, he might have been walking with Spielberg. Whoo Hoo!

https://www.joblo.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/willowsequel.jpg

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Aug 4, 2023, 9:32:13 PM8/4/23
On Friday, August 4, 2023 at 5:18:53 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:

> itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> >
> > I don't know about Aldi, but I do know that the Kroger I shop at has an underground
> > locking system on their carts. I found this out when I had backed into a parking
> > space at the perimeter of their parking lot. When I pushed my cart toward the
> > back door of my car and I was at that perimeter the wheels locked up on the cart.
> > Not until I was about 30 feet away and dragging that cart to the corral did the
> > wheels finally unlock. GRRRRRRRRRR
> >
> Why didn't you just leave the damn thing where it locked up?

Because it was locked up right next to my car. I didn't want a large scratch
down the side of my vehicle. I've learned now to get close to that locking
system. It can be spotted easily.

Bruce

Aug 4, 2023, 9:58:45 PM8/4/23
On Fri, 4 Aug 2023 18:09:14 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net>
wrote:

>On Friday, August 4, 2023 at 2:55:27 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Aug 2023 17:52:05 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I was a little paranoid of being in Florida. It thought there might have been some alligators taking walks outside the condo. I heard them shuffling around at night. It turns out I was hearing the water sprinklers.
>> >
>> If I regularly saw slow, old people with walking aids in Florida, I'd
>> feel relatively safe.
>
>To tell you the truth, I don't recall seeing any old folks during my stay.

That's a definite sign that there are alligators around.

> I did see this guy checking out the Backdraft ride at Universal
> Studios park. Heck, he might have been walking with Spielberg. Whoo
> Hoo!

Richie Cunningham (?) on the left? The others I don't know.

dsi1

Aug 4, 2023, 10:59:10 PM8/4/23
Everyone and everything looks like an asshole to you, gm.

Bruce

Aug 4, 2023, 11:17:44 PM8/4/23
On Fri, 4 Aug 2023 19:59:05 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net>
Funny, Hank's extremely ass oriented too. Must be something gone wrong
in their childhood. Aww.

GM

Aug 4, 2023, 11:22:45 PM8/4/23
The peeps was pointing at yoose and saying, "Ain't that Tojo the war criminal guy...!!!???"

They was also sniggering that yer legs was pale and scrawny in them Bermuda shorts you was wearing...

😎

--
GM

Hank Rogers

Aug 4, 2023, 11:25:26 PM8/4/23
Poor uncle. Saving face is important to him.

cshenk

Aug 5, 2023, 3:32:31 PM8/5/23
Exactly. I filled my tank again Wednesday. Last fill before that was
in late Feb/early March. Before retirement I payed 6$ a day in toll
fees, and had to gas up every 8-9 workdays. It Works out as about 70$ a
week then. Maybe a bit more. It's part of the trade off that is
making retirement work.

Even then, when working I didn't get stupid about miltiple stores to
get 2 pennies off a product. That's false savings when you add in gas.

cshenk

Aug 5, 2023, 3:35:48 PM8/5/23
I'd say yes as he does it. He probably has a chest freezer like me.

cshenk

Aug 5, 2023, 3:57:45 PM8/5/23
Bruce wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Aug 2023 14:01:37 -0700 (PDT), "Bering Sea Bar &
> Br...@MarthaStewart.GoodThing" <jgro...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> except in >> > >> front of the store. The H spots are not the closest
> either. >> > >>
> spots are >> > > right at the door. Same with Kroger, Walmart, and
> Target. >> > >
> upside down. >> Yes, Graham, such an awful state that peeps are
> fleeing in large numbers, just as they are from California, Illinois,
> New York State... >> >> In fact, Florida is even expected to lose
> House seats, not to mention the projected loss of income that will
> play havoc with the state budget... >> >> --
> >> GM
> >
> > No electricity in Fort Myers neighborhoods restored yet. Is FPL
> > having supply chain issues? The hurricane was last year. Is FPL
> > waiting until the 2023 season is over ???
> >
> Is Florida a red state by any chance?

Blue.

cshenk

Aug 5, 2023, 4:02:15 PM8/5/23
Your exagurations are as always, extreme and unreality based.
It is loading more messages.