I have been here almost 5 months

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 16, 2019, 9:34:51 PM6/16/19
Yup Feb. 25th was my first post, you would think that after I had
proven that I know how to cook and that I do share recipes and that I
am not a troll yada yada that people would be more kind and accept me
for who and who and what I am...

Well I can honestly say that there are a few decant people here bit
the rest are ass holes.... I will leave it to you to decide which you
are. Well ok I will narrow it down.. There is only one or two other
decant people here (besides me) of course.
--

"There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
~Toidi Uoy

Bruce

Jun 16, 2019, 9:55:04 PM6/16/19
On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 20:34:47 -0500,
Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:

>Yup Feb. 25th was my first post, you would think that after I had
>proven that I know how to cook and that I do share recipes and that I
>am not a troll yada yada that people would be more kind and accept me
>for who and who and what I am...
>
>Well I can honestly say that there are a few decant people here bit
>the rest are ass holes.... I will leave it to you to decide which you
>are. Well ok I will narrow it down.. There is only one or two other
>decant people here (besides me) of course.

You're just flattering me.

Ed Pawlowski

Jun 16, 2019, 10:16:28 PM6/16/19
I've often decanted a decent wine, never decanted people.

Not to worry, I know what side I'm on. I an an honest person, I though
so will tell you were a jackass from the start and my mind has not
changed.

I only see you when someone else replies. Only two people here ever
made my KF, you are one of them

Bruce

Jun 16, 2019, 10:19:16 PM6/16/19
I don't killfile people, but I could think of 20 better candidates.

Julian Macassey

Jun 17, 2019, 1:25:33 AM6/17/19
On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 20:34:47 -0500, Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl
<Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl> wrote:
> Yup Feb. 25th was my first post, you would think that after I had
> proven that I know how to cook and that I do share recipes and that I
> am not a troll yada yada that people would be more kind and accept me
> for who and who and what I am...

I looked into rec.food.cooking which I haven't looked at much
since eternal September. It does seem to habe deteriorated somewhat.

> Well I can honestly say that there are a few decant people here bit
> the rest are ass holes.... I will leave it to you to decide which you
> are. Well ok I will narrow it down.. There is only one or two other
> decant people here (besides me) of course.

Most of the decent people on usenet have been chased out. These
days it's pretty mcuh arseholes and masochists.

--
"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be
made in a very narrow field" - Niels Bohr

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 17, 2019, 9:29:06 AM6/17/19
On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 12:19:12 +1000, Bruce <br...@invalid.invalid>
Why thank you Bruce, that was so kind of you

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 17, 2019, 9:34:12 AM6/17/19
On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 13:48:13 +0100, Pamela <pamela...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 02:34 17 Jun 2019, Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:
>
>> Yup Feb. 25th was my first post, you would think that after I had
>> proven that I know how to cook and that I do share recipes and that I
>> am not a troll yada yada that people would be more kind and accept me
>> for who and who and what I am...
>>
>> Well I can honestly say that there are a few decant people here bit
>> the rest are ass holes.... I will leave it to you to decide which you
>> are. Well ok I will narrow it down.. There is only one or two other
>> decant people here (besides me) of course.
>> --
>
>You have been a bad influence on me because I'm now watchng Lucifer. :(

LOL that show is good as fuck!!
I have watched it all 4 seasons at least 5 or 6 times....
Although Tom Ellis is a wonderful actor, Lauren German incredible
looks have just brought me back again and again.

penm...@aol.com

Jun 17, 2019, 11:19:02 AM6/17/19
On 17 Jun 2019 Bruce wrote:
>On 16 Jun 2019 CerealKiller wrote:
>
>>Yup Feb. 25th was my first post, you would think that after I had
>>proven that I know how to cook and that I do share recipes and that I
>>am not a troll yada yada that people would be more kind and accept me
>>for who and who and what I am...
>>
>>Well I can honestly say that there are a few decant people here bit
>>the rest are ass holes.... I will leave it to you to decide which you
>>are. Well ok I will narrow it down.. There is only one or two other
>>decant people here (besides me) of course.
>
>You're just flattering me.

I'm a "decant" person... hear me pour... glug glug glug!

tert in seattle

Jun 17, 2019, 12:20:05 PM6/17/19
fucken Sheldon nailin it before noon

Terry Coombs

Jun 17, 2019, 1:44:37 PM6/17/19
  You walked in with an attitude and a chip on your shoulder . Not a
good way to start .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Bruce

Jun 17, 2019, 2:09:22 PM6/17/19
On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 12:44:31 -0500, Terry Coombs <snag...@msn.com>
wrote:
He hasn't called me names yet, which can't be said of you.

Terry Coombs

Jun 17, 2019, 2:22:47 PM6/17/19
  Wah wah wah , whiny little bitch .

Bruce

Jun 17, 2019, 2:25:27 PM6/17/19
On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 13:22:44 -0500, Terry Coombs <snag...@msn.com>
wrote:

>On 6/17/2019 1:09 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 12:44:31 -0500, Terry Coombs <snag...@msn.com>
>> wrote:

>>>   You walked in with an attitude and a chip on your shoulder . Not a
>>> good way to start .
>> He hasn't called me names yet, which can't be said of you.
>
>   Wah wah wah , whiny little bitch .

It strikes me that you have "an attitude and a chip on your shoulder".

Ed Pawlowski

Jun 17, 2019, 3:35:28 PM6/17/19
A cry for attention.

Terry Coombs

Jun 17, 2019, 4:04:03 PM6/17/19
  Nah , I just like to yank your oh-so-yankable chain . And you can't
stop yourself from responding , just like a good little puppet .

Thomas

Jun 17, 2019, 4:12:04 PM6/17/19
I am with Sheldon on the Decant.
Other than that I have never said Christ in vain.
I enjoy your posts and have no religious affiliations.

cshenk

Jun 17, 2019, 8:05:28 PM6/17/19
Fact is you made the first post recently that didnt cut anyone down
that I have seen in 5 months, and now you wrecked it.

Bruce

Jun 17, 2019, 8:26:50 PM6/17/19
You have a point. His name alone probably offends half of RFC, if not
more.

Jeßus

Jun 17, 2019, 10:15:09 PM6/17/19
On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 20:34:47 -0500,
Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:

>Yup Feb. 25th was my first post, you would think that after I had
>proven that I know how to cook and that I do share recipes and that I
>am not a troll yada yada that people would be more kind and accept me
>for who and who and what I am...
>
>Well I can honestly say that there are a few decant people here bit
>the rest are ass holes.... I will leave it to you to decide which you
>are. Well ok I will narrow it down.. There is only one or two other
>decant people here (besides me) of course.

Welcome to the real world?

Jeßus

Jun 17, 2019, 10:16:07 PM6/17/19
On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 11:54:57 +1000, Bruce <br...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
He'd probably like to, given the chance*

*Oh, he said 'flattering', not 'flattening'.

Jeßus

Jun 17, 2019, 10:18:50 PM6/17/19
On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 05:25:30 -0000 (UTC), Julian Macassey
<jul...@tele.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 20:34:47 -0500, Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl
><Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl> wrote:
>> Yup Feb. 25th was my first post, you would think that after I had
>> proven that I know how to cook and that I do share recipes and that I
>> am not a troll yada yada that people would be more kind and accept me
>> for who and who and what I am...
>
> I looked into rec.food.cooking which I haven't looked at much
>since eternal September. It does seem to habe deteriorated somewhat.
>

>> Well I can honestly say that there are a few decant people here bit
>> the rest are ass holes.... I will leave it to you to decide which you
>> are. Well ok I will narrow it down.. There is only one or two other
>> decant people here (besides me) of course.
>
> Most of the decent people on usenet have been chased out. These
>days it's pretty mcuh arseholes and masochists.

LOL. NO. Usenet is just a very archaic and outdated format in 2019
that few have any interest (or even awareness) of. People have always
been assholes, both before and after the Internet existed..

Jeßus

Jun 17, 2019, 10:19:56 PM6/17/19
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 04:09:15 +1000, Bruce <br...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
LOL, like you don't do exactly the same thing yourself.

Sqwertz

Jun 17, 2019, 11:20:36 PM6/17/19
On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 20:34:47 -0500,
Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:

> Yup Feb. 25th was my first post, you would think that after I had
> proven that I know how to cook and that I do share recipes and that I
> am not a troll yada yada that people would be more kind and accept me
> for who and who and what I am...
>
> Well I can honestly say that there are a few decant people here bit
> the rest are ass holes.... I will leave it to you to decide which you
> are. Well ok I will narrow it down.. There is only one or two other
> decant people here (besides me) of course.

We'll turn you into a Kuthe in no time flat. It took us 12 years to
make him that way. 3 more months for you.

Or maybe we don't aqll suck and you need to look at yourself. Or
stick to your Quora "articles" where people can't freely question or
point out all your bullshit. Live and Learn. Or don't.

-sw

Sqwertz

Jun 17, 2019, 11:24:41 PM6/17/19
On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 22:16:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Not to worry, I know what side I'm on. I an an honest person, I though
> so will tell you were a jackass from the start and my mind has not
> changed.
>
> I only see you when someone else replies. Only two people here ever
> made my KF, you are one of them

I was kinda wondering if you were one of the "one or two" he was
referring to as you're often nice (or at indifferent) to the idiots.
Thank you for crystal clearing that up! :-)

CK: It's REALLY hard to get that kind of response from Ed. Even
I've only got a couple of them 1/3rd that bad in the last 20 years.

-sw

Bruce

Jun 17, 2019, 11:28:49 PM6/17/19
On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 22:26:28 -0500, Sqwertz <sqwe...@gmail.invalid>
wrote:
And the one time he does it, it's aimed at the wrong person.

Ophelia

Jun 18, 2019, 6:30:21 AM6/18/19

"Jeßus" wrote in message news:ecigge5g2ac9saavt...@j.net...
====

OI! You speak for yourself ... :)

Ed Pawlowski

Jun 18, 2019, 11:50:00 AM6/18/19
CK is exceptional. As is his craving for attention.

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 18, 2019, 1:19:03 PM6/18/19
I think your focus is misplaced. I do not really crave attention, I
just dont give a fuck what people say. I have been picked on for a
really long time because of my disability. I know however, that 96% of
the time I will be more intelligent and just an overall better person
than they are.
The 96% is where I rank on the IQ scale.

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 18, 2019, 1:24:27 PM6/18/19
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:18:41 +1000, Jeßus <j...@j.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 05:25:30 -0000 (UTC), Julian Macassey
><jul...@tele.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 20:34:47 -0500, Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl
>><Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl> wrote:
>>> Yup Feb. 25th was my first post, you would think that after I had
>>> proven that I know how to cook and that I do share recipes and that I
>>> am not a troll yada yada that people would be more kind and accept me
>>> for who and who and what I am...
>>
>> I looked into rec.food.cooking which I haven't looked at much
>>since eternal September. It does seem to habe deteriorated somewhat.
>>

>>> Well I can honestly say that there are a few decant people here bit
>>> the rest are ass holes.... I will leave it to you to decide which you
>>> are. Well ok I will narrow it down.. There is only one or two other
>>> decant people here (besides me) of course.
>>
>> Most of the decent people on usenet have been chased out. These
>>days it's pretty mcuh arseholes and masochists.
>
>LOL. NO. Usenet is just a very archaic and outdated format in 2019

I think the word you were looking for is antiquated. Because it is
surely that.

>that few have any interest (or even awareness) of. People have always
>been assholes, both before and after the Internet existed..

This is true, but the Internet and especially usenet give the user
anonymity so it allow those ass holes to let their ass flags fly.

cshenk

Jun 18, 2019, 1:38:41 PM6/18/19
I think you need to stop making snide comments in every post. In 5
months, I have seen only 1 post from you that didn't have some nasty
element to it. If you are upset that others ignore you, it is due to
your own behavior.

Whether you are intelligent or not, is irrelevant. You lack basic
social skills for even this area and we aren't exactly a high water
mark requirement for that.

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 18, 2019, 1:40:31 PM6/18/19
Head trauma. As big an asshat as he can be, if he's telling the
truth about brain damage, he might not have the capacity to interact
with people productively and consistently.

Cindy Hamilton

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 18, 2019, 2:23:15 PM6/18/19
wrote:

>On 02:34 17 Jun 2019, Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:
>
>> Yup Feb. 25th was my first post, you would think that after I had
>> proven that I know how to cook and that I do share recipes and that I
>> am not a troll yada yada that people would be more kind and accept me
>> for who and who and what I am...
>>
>> Well I can honestly say that there are a few decant people here bit
>> the rest are ass holes.... I will leave it to you to decide which you
>> are. Well ok I will narrow it down.. There is only one or two other
>> decant people here (besides me) of course.
>> --
>
>You have been a bad influence on me because I'm now watchng Lucifer. :(

I dont see how showing you a way to get hours of good entertainment
could be a bad influence.

But I have to ask, Do you like it? What is it about the show that you
like?

dsi1

Jun 18, 2019, 2:27:34 PM6/18/19
On Sunday, June 16, 2019 at 3:34:51 PM UTC-10, Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:
> Yup Feb. 25th was my first post, you would think that after I had
> proven that I know how to cook and that I do share recipes and that I
> am not a troll yada yada that people would be more kind and accept me
> for who and who and what I am...
>
> Well I can honestly say that there are a few decant people here bit
> the rest are ass holes.... I will leave it to you to decide which you
> are. Well ok I will narrow it down.. There is only one or two other
> decant people here (besides me) of course.
> --
>

> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
> ~Toidi Uoy

I know exactly what you mean. I've been here over a decade and
people still won't afford me the kindness and accolades that I so
richly deserve. I give and give and still this group demands
more and more. Now they have me counting keystrokes. I'm like
the house ginger.

Kathy Martin

Jun 18, 2019, 2:38:59 PM6/18/19
dsi1 wrote :
> I'm like the house ginger.

You look like a commie gook:

https://imgur.com/a/lXPJxFu

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 18, 2019, 2:44:58 PM6/18/19
On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 2:27:34 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, June 16, 2019 at 3:34:51 PM UTC-10, Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:
> > Yup Feb. 25th was my first post, you would think that after I had
> > proven that I know how to cook and that I do share recipes and that I
> > am not a troll yada yada that people would be more kind and accept me
> > for who and who and what I am...
> >
> > Well I can honestly say that there are a few decant people here bit
> > the rest are ass holes.... I will leave it to you to decide which you
> > are. Well ok I will narrow it down.. There is only one or two other
> > decant people here (besides me) of course.
> > --
> >

> > "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
> > ~Toidi Uoy
>
> I know exactly what you mean. I've been here over a decade and
> people still won't afford me the kindness and accolades that I so
> richly deserve.

Heh. Good one.

> I give and give and still this group demands
> more and more. Now they have me counting keystrokes. I'm like
> the house ginger.

Set the text entry box to a suitable size and hit Enter when
you near the edge of the box. If you're replying to a message,
just hit Enter when your line is similar to that of the previous
message.

A monospace font helps.

Cindy Hamilton

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 18, 2019, 2:51:29 PM6/18/19
I feel that your statement may be somewhat true. You see I do not care
what people say about me. It is just when someone lies or otherwise
does not know something because of lack of knowledge, intelligence, or
education but acts as if they are an authority on the matter, that the
problems begin to arise. Such as the religious talks that we had when
I was rather new to the group. People were saying this as if they
actually knew what they were talking about and then acting like I was
some newbie that knew nothing, yet in the end they ended up getting
schooled. It is so funny because I was just reading the history of
some of those posts, there is some good stuff there. Yes I may have
been harsh, overly critical, yada yada yada, but the people that were
trying to argue against what I was saying were doing the exact same
thing. The only thing was I was correct nearly 100 % of the time if
not full 100%. I did not read every message so I am not sure if it was
100%.

dsi1

Jun 18, 2019, 2:53:09 PM6/18/19
As far as I know, I don't have a text entry box nor the ability
to change to a different font.

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 18, 2019, 2:57:24 PM6/18/19
seriously? are you still using windows 3.11?

cshenk

Jun 18, 2019, 3:00:22 PM6/18/19
I was not aware he had head trauma. It may however explain his very
antithical behavior to the rest of us.

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 18, 2019, 3:06:12 PM6/18/19
When you post to GG, there's an area where you may type (and
plenty of areas where you may not type). That's the text entry
box.

Cindy Hamilton

dsi1

Jun 18, 2019, 3:07:12 PM6/18/19

dsi1

Jun 18, 2019, 3:08:33 PM6/18/19
How do I set the text box size and change the fonts?

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 18, 2019, 3:33:43 PM6/18/19
I generally expand the browser window horizontally until the
text entry box stops increasing in width. If you're posting
from a mobile device you might not be able to do that.

I can't recall how I set up for monospace font. I'm sure it
took considerable poking around in the various GG "Settings"
menus to find it.

Cindy Hamilton

dsi1

Jun 18, 2019, 5:24:59 PM6/18/19
I'm using a Chromebook with Chrome OS and the Chrome browser.
I also have a Windows 10 laptop. I use the Chrome browser with
that too. I use Google Groups with these computers.

notbob

Jun 18, 2019, 5:39:21 PM6/18/19
On 2019-06-18, cshenk <csh...@cox.net> wrote:

> .....and we aren't exactly a high water
> mark requirement for that.

LOL!......

nb

dsi1

Jun 18, 2019, 5:45:57 PM6/18/19
The people my wife takes care of are a danger to society and themselves. Most of them landed in the psych hospital for 2 reasons: head injury and drug use. OTOH, head injury can also manifest itself as gifts from heaven such as enhanced musical and artistic abilities. My understanding is that Cass Elliot was instantly able to sing like a songbird after whacking her head on a hard surface. Getting knocked out and losing contentiousness greatly improves your
chances of being one of my wife's patients.

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 18, 2019, 5:46:33 PM6/18/19
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 14:24:55 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
THere is no free usenet app for that?

jmcquown

Jun 18, 2019, 6:08:49 PM6/18/19
On 6/17/2019 3:35 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/17/2019 1:44 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
>> On 6/16/2019 8:34 PM, Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:
>>> Yup Feb. 25th was my first post, you would think that after I had
>>> proven that I know how to cook and that I do share recipes and that I
>>> am not a troll yada yada that people would be more kind and accept me
>>> for who and who and what I am...
>>>
>>> Well I can honestly say that there are a few decant people here bit
>>> the rest are ass holes.... I will leave it to you to decide which  you
>>> are. Well ok I will narrow it down.. There is only one or two other
>>> decant people here (besides me) of course.
>>>   --
>>>

>>> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
>>>            ~Toidi Uoy
>>
>>    You walked in with an attitude and a chip on your shoulder . Not a
>> good way to start .
>>

> A cry for attention.

Likely a result of that gluten intolerance he expects everyone to have. ;)

Jill

dsi1

Jun 18, 2019, 6:25:42 PM6/18/19
I think there are some NNTP apps for Android OS - they suck!
OTOH, there's nobody much interested in making an app for
reading/posting to Usenet. You'd think that someone that uses
Usenet would just make one but it ain't happened yet. That's
the breaks.

Bruce

Jun 18, 2019, 6:28:53 PM6/18/19
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 15:25:38 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
It's a bit like why nobody makes dinosaur saddles anymore.

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 18, 2019, 6:41:30 PM6/18/19
well in my case it raised my IQ about 24 points, granted that is not a
huge amount, but it is the difference between your average everyday
person IQ of 100 and a severely mentally impaired person with an IQ of
76.

So the difference is to me the average person is mentally impaired.
Yes that sounds like a bit of a push, but that is how it is. Could you
imagine walking around and every average person you met was retarded?
That is what it is like for me, except the problem with me is because
of my head injury my word filter is broken. I have a very hard time
filtering what I say.

With that said, when someone insults me or my intelligence it is
usually because that person (when compared to me) is literally
retarded.

I will immediately say the first thing that is on my mind and it
usually is mean and curt. But it is actually no different than what
the other people in this NG has thrown at me at one time or another.
Except when I do it is frowned on, mainly because I am much better at
it, and 99.99% of the time I am correct in what I am
saying/explaining.

Now saw what you will, but I have the paperwork to back it up. I have
been going to doctors and different out patient rehabs (physical,
occupational, speech, psych) for the better part of 20 years. I have
taken various tests at my psychological Dr's to become eligible for
different governmental services. I have taken the IQ test at the Dr
office and at universities, I have taken tests to test my physical
abilities and coordination.

So let me ask everyone of you. What would life be like for you if the
average IQ was 24 points below yours?

Bruce

Jun 18, 2019, 6:49:12 PM6/18/19
Business as usual?

Bruce

Jun 18, 2019, 6:57:52 PM6/18/19
On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 08:49:08 +1000, Bruce <br...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
By the way, you wouldn't always say it, but the average IQ in RFC is
probably quite a bit higher than the national averages. Not only can
we all read, we're also all able to and inclined to communicate in
writing. That makes us part of the 10% or 20% elite. RFC as the elite.
Scary idea, no?

GM

Jun 18, 2019, 7:13:58 PM6/18/19
On Tuesday, 18 June 2019 16:24:59 UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> I'm using a Chromebook with Chrome OS and the Chrome browser.
> I also have a Windows 10 laptop. I use the Chrome browser with
> that too. I use Google Groups with these computers.

Same here...asking an average person to use a dedicated newsreader makes about as much sense as asking them to wear high - button shoes and celluloid collars, heat with coal stoves, use flypaper in lieu of window screens and inquire "Why don't you drive a Studebaker...!!!???"

Usenet is in its death throes, when we here all croak it will be but a distant memory (which it pretty much already is)...

--
Best
Greg

Hank Rogers

Jun 18, 2019, 7:33:03 PM6/18/19
Even Popeye and Kuth?

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 18, 2019, 7:36:25 PM6/18/19
well other than me when was the actual last new user to this group
that has actually stayed.

Bruce

Jun 18, 2019, 7:51:04 PM6/18/19
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 18:32:59 -0500, Hank Rogers <nos...@invalid.org>
wrote:
Popeye gets bonus points for having a basement.

Bruce

Jun 18, 2019, 7:52:10 PM6/18/19
Hardly anybody. Pamela remains to be seen.

Jeßus

Jun 18, 2019, 8:48:11 PM6/18/19
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:24:19 -0500,
Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:18:41 +1000, Jeßus <j...@j.net> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 05:25:30 -0000 (UTC), Julian Macassey
>><jul...@tele.com> wrote:

>>> I looked into rec.food.cooking which I haven't looked at much
>>>since eternal September. It does seem to habe deteriorated somewhat.

>>> Most of the decent people on usenet have been chased out. These
>>>days it's pretty mcuh arseholes and masochists.
>>
>>LOL. NO. Usenet is just a very archaic and outdated format in 2019
>
>I think the word you were looking for is antiquated. Because it is
>surely that.

No, archaic was the word I wanted to use.

>>that few have any interest (or even awareness) of. People have always
>>been assholes, both before and after the Internet existed..
>
>This is true, but the Internet and especially usenet give the user
>anonymity so it allow those ass holes to let their ass flags fly.

But these days even on Facebook you can be an absolute asshole, if you
artfully dance around their 'community standrds'. Extra leniency from
Facebook if you demonstrate a left-wing bias to your abuse.

dsi1

Jun 18, 2019, 9:32:47 PM6/18/19
On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 12:41:30 PM UTC-10, Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:

> So let me ask everyone of you. What would life be like for you if the
> average IQ was 24 points below yours?
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

I don't see people in that way. Having to compare myself with others would be burdensome therefore I avoid doing that. People, to me, just are. OTOH, I enjoy talking to people that have some expertise or are smarter than I am. Typically, I'll just grill the heck out of them. That's easy to do if you're not thinking only of yourself.

Classical guitar players also have this problem with constantly comparing themselves to other players. CGer have a awful time listening to other players. They hear technique, and string noise, phrasing, and dynamics - not music. That's just sad.

As it goes, your ego and vanity hides the real world from you.

Bruce

Jun 18, 2019, 9:43:04 PM6/18/19
Keep it friendly, please.

Leonard Blaisdell

Jun 18, 2019, 11:12:04 PM6/18/19
In article <da649abe-89e4-4049...@googlegroups.com>,
dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:

> I'm using a Chromebook with Chrome OS and the Chrome browser.
> I also have a Windows 10 laptop. I use the Chrome browser with
> that too. I use Google Groups with these computers.

I know that you know this link:
<https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96810?hl=en>
I have no idea how the link relates to newsgroups or of this Chrome you
speak of.

leo

Sqwertz

Jun 19, 2019, 12:36:41 AM6/19/19
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:18:56 -0500,
Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:

> The 96% is where I rank on the IQ scale.

"I" stands for Idiot in this case.

-sw

Sqwertz

Jun 19, 2019, 12:50:12 AM6/19/19
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 13:51:22 -0500,
Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:

> I feel that your statement may be somewhat true. You see I do not care
> what people say about me. It is just when someone lies or otherwise
> does not know something because of lack of knowledge, intelligence, or
> education but acts as if they are an authority on the matter, that the
> problems begin to arise.

Yet you constantly demonstrate your own ignorance in all sorts of
matters as if YOU are an authority. You've done this since Day One
here.

You may know something about something, but you sure haven't
demonstrated any of it yet. Or maybe your DID know something at one
time, but it's gotten severely distorted in your brain over the
years.

ObFood: Made my best meatloaf ever tonight. I just "wung it" with
50/50 pork/beef. And real baked beans from scratch.

https://i.postimg.cc/500qyrrn/Meatloaf-Potato-Beans.jpg

-sw

Sqwertz

Jun 19, 2019, 12:54:23 AM6/19/19
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 14:00:13 -0500, cshenk wrote:

> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 1:38:41 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:

>> Head trauma. As big an asshat as he can be, if he's telling the
>> truth about brain damage, he might not have the capacity to interact
>> with people productively and consistently.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>
> I was not aware he had head trauma. It may however explain his very
> antithical behavior to the rest of us.

He made up that story about head trauma after he wasn't fitting in
here well. "Medical problems" are an old and common ploy that was
used often in the early days of the Internet and Usenet. A bunch of
people who used to post here used that ploy over the years. Julie's
the only one left, though somewhat non-traditional.

-s

Sqwertz

Jun 19, 2019, 12:59:39 AM6/19/19
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 17:41:22 -0500,
See? It's all bullshit. Hw saw Phenomenon (1996) with John
Travolta.

> So the difference is to me the average person is mentally impaired.
> Yes that sounds like a bit of a push, but that is how it is. Could you
> imagine walking around and every average person you met was retarded?
> That is what it is like for me....

Now that's a keeper <slapping knee>? Truily intelligent people
don't see it that way at all. This fucker is milking this
fictitious disability for everything he can thinking we're stupid.
He has actual IQ of about 85, at most. And I think that's being
generous.

-sw

Bruce

Jun 19, 2019, 1:13:36 AM6/19/19
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 23:51:58 -0500, Sqwertz <sqwe...@gmail.invalid>
wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 13:51:22 -0500,
>Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:
>
>> I feel that your statement may be somewhat true. You see I do not care
>> what people say about me. It is just when someone lies or otherwise
>> does not know something because of lack of knowledge, intelligence, or
>> education but acts as if they are an authority on the matter, that the
>> problems begin to arise.
>
>Yet you constantly demonstrate your own ignorance in all sorts of
>matters as if YOU are an authority. You've done this since Day One
>here.
>
>You may know something about something, but you sure haven't
>demonstrated any of it yet. Or maybe your DID know something at one
>time, but it's gotten severely distorted in your brain over the
>years.
>
>ObFood: Made my best meatloaf ever tonight. I just "wung it"

Is that a Chinese cooking method?

Leonard Blaisdell

Jun 19, 2019, 1:32:12 AM6/19/19
In article <p4kq1nf9xpp6$.d...@sqwertz.com>, Sqwertz
<sqwe...@gmail.invalid> wrote:

> ObFood: Made my best meatloaf ever tonight. I just "wung it" with
> 50/50 pork/beef. And real baked beans from scratch.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/500qyrrn/Meatloaf-Potato-Beans.jpg

I love the presentation of the potato. I'm going to do that. I'm
guessing baked, scooped, doctored and put back in. It looks great. It
doesn't look twice baked, but I may be wrong.
I cook twice baked until they're golden on top, but I'm willing to
learn.

leo

Bruce

Jun 19, 2019, 1:41:12 AM6/19/19
Really? I'd expect that in a Ukranian prison.

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 19, 2019, 6:08:07 AM6/19/19
On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 6:41:30 PM UTC-4, Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:

> So let me ask everyone of you. What would life be like for you if the
> average IQ was 24 points below yours?

Tuesday.

Which is to say, nothing out of the ordinary.

Cindy Hamilton

dsi1

Jun 19, 2019, 6:09:44 AM6/19/19
On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 3:32:47 PM UTC-10, dsi1 wrote:

> As it goes, your ego and vanity hides the real world from you.

When I say "your" or "you", I'm not referring to you personally or any single person on this group. I stay away from making personal remarks. Unless, of course, if your name is "Bruce."

Bruce

Jun 19, 2019, 6:43:44 AM6/19/19
That's too easy. Of course you made a personal remark aimed at him
personally. You can't do something and then simply say you didn't do
it :)

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 19, 2019, 9:37:26 AM6/19/19
wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 13:51:22 -0500,
>Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:
>
>> I feel that your statement may be somewhat true. You see I do not care
>> what people say about me. It is just when someone lies or otherwise
>> does not know something because of lack of knowledge, intelligence, or
>> education but acts as if they are an authority on the matter, that the
>> problems begin to arise.
>
>Yet you constantly demonstrate your own ignorance in all sorts of
>matters as if YOU are an authority. You've done this since Day One
>here.

Uhh no it is not I that is ignorant, I feel that you are incorrectly
using that word.

>You may know something about something, but you sure haven't
>demonstrated any of it yet. Or maybe your DID know something at one
>time, but it's gotten severely distorted in your brain over the
>years.

Your failure to realize what I have and have not said is truly no
concern of mine

>ObFood: Made my best meatloaf ever tonight. I just "wung it" with
>50/50 pork/beef. And real baked beans from scratch.

and what does this have to do with the price of tea in china?

>https://i.postimg.cc/500qyrrn/Meatloaf-Potato-Beans.jpg
>
>-sw

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 19, 2019, 9:42:24 AM6/19/19
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 23:56:10 -0500, Sqwertz <sqwe...@gmail.invalid>
wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 14:00:13 -0500, cshenk wrote:
>
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>> On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 1:38:41 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
>
>>> Head trauma. As big an asshat as he can be, if he's telling the
>>> truth about brain damage, he might not have the capacity to interact
>>> with people productively and consistently.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>
>> I was not aware he had head trauma. It may however explain his very
>> antithical behavior to the rest of us.
>
>He made up that story about head trauma after he wasn't fitting in

LOL, some people get really really mad when they feel left out....

NOW I ASK ALL OF YOU... WHO IS THE ONE HERE PINING FOR ATTENTION???
poor squirt is upset that I actually got in a car accident and was in
a coma for a month in the hospital for a total of three, in outpatient
therapy for years and years. Is it jealousy that someone else
mentioned that I at one time said that I went through this??

BEFORE YOU ACCUSE SOMEONE ELSE OF BEING A CERTAIN WAY MAKE SURE YOU
ARE NOT THAT WAY FIRST!!!

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 19, 2019, 9:48:29 AM6/19/19
ya know I have never in my life ever used facebook, never had the
desire, or the need. facebook is for people that feel they need more
attention and I have never really had a need for that.

Gary

Jun 19, 2019, 9:54:16 AM6/19/19
Sqwertz wrote:

> And real baked beans from scratch.
> https://i.postimg.cc/500qyrrn/Meatloaf-Potato-Beans.jpg

How about a rough idea of how you scratched up those beans?

I buy plain pork and beans and fix them up myself by adding -

- charred green peppers
- lots of onions
- mustard powder
- worcestershire sauce
- brown sugar

All to taste. A bit of ketchup might be good but I've
never used it yet.

Just heat on stovetop or put in oven to thicken. If then, some
bacon on top would be good too.

dsi1

Jun 19, 2019, 12:02:58 PM6/19/19
Why the heck would I make a personal remark? That would be
presumptuous. I don't know the guy. You're an idiot.*

*This is a personal remark and I did it.

Terry Coombs

Jun 19, 2019, 2:17:17 PM6/19/19
  This thread puts the lie to that statement . You're just another
attention whore "lookie at me lookie at me ! .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

penm...@aol.com

Jun 19, 2019, 2:37:43 PM6/19/19
On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 15:41:06 +1000, Bruce <br...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
May not be Ukranian but baked potatoes and baked beans together is
definitelly prison food, TIAD Prison. Can't see the mystery meat
loaf (two words), it's drowning in sludge.

GM

Jun 19, 2019, 4:03:22 PM6/19/19
Exactly, the homeless in America eat far better than this, this is ****definitely**** "Slumgullion* à la Typhoid Mary"...Bwuthie is a perfect example of a "Slimey Slob", LOL...!!!

* http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-slu2.htm

"Slumgullion

Pronounced /slʌmˈɡʌljən/Help with pronunciation

The word sounds vaguely unpleasant, a good example of form matching meaning, since Americans have for more than for 150 years used it for a variety of things that are unpleasant to various degrees....

American dictionaries guess that it may be a combination of slum, an old English term meaning slime (nothing to do with a squalid urban area, the word for which is an old bit of slang of unknown origin) plus gullion, English dialect for mud or a cesspool. This is still known in Scots and is probably from the Irish goilín for a pit or pool...

A slang dictionary in 1874 defined slumgullion as “any cheap, nasty, washy beverage”. Another, roughly contemporary, memory is this:

'The meals are all alike — a potato, a slice of something like bacon, some gray stuff called bread, and a cup of muddy, semi-liquid coffee like that which the California miners call “slickers” or “slumgullion.”

Travels in Alaska, by John Muir, 1915, describing a trip he made in 1879.

'Today it means a cheap stew made by throwing anything handy into a pot with water and boiling it, an improvised dish which has had many other names, such as Mulligan stew and Irish stew. Other senses in dictionaries include fish offal or the waste from processing whale carcasses (in Moby-Dick, which was published in 1851, Herman Melville called it “slobgollion”)..."

</>

dsi1

Jun 19, 2019, 6:07:14 PM6/19/19
I think this dish might become popular in the states.Maybe it'll be the next big thing. :)

http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/bourdain-parts-unknown-korea-recipe/index.html

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 19, 2019, 6:19:18 PM6/19/19
>> Pronounced /sl?m???lj?n/Help with pronunciation
>>
>> The word sounds vaguely unpleasant, a good example of form matching meaning, since Americans have for more than for 150 years used it for a variety of things that are unpleasant to various degrees....
>>
>> American dictionaries guess that it may be a combination of slum, an old English term meaning slime (nothing to do with a squalid urban area, the word for which is an old bit of slang of unknown origin) plus gullion, English dialect for mud or a cesspool. This is still known in Scots and is probably from the Irish goilín for a pit or pool...
>>
>> A slang dictionary in 1874 defined slumgullion as “any cheap, nasty, washy beverage”. Another, roughly contemporary, memory is this:
>>
>> 'The meals are all alike — a potato, a slice of something like bacon, some gray stuff called bread, and a cup of muddy, semi-liquid coffee like that which the California miners call “slickers” or “slumgullion.”
>>
>> Travels in Alaska, by John Muir, 1915, describing a trip he made in 1879.
>>
>> 'Today it means a cheap stew made by throwing anything handy into a pot with water and boiling it, an improvised dish which has had many other names, such as Mulligan stew and Irish stew. Other senses in dictionaries include fish offal or the waste from processing whale carcasses (in Moby-Dick, which was published in 1851, Herman Melville called it “slobgollion”)..."
>>
>> </>
>
>I think this dish might become popular in the states.Maybe it'll be the next big thing. :)

Please put long addresses inside <> like this
<http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/bourdain-parts-unknown-korea-recipe/index.html>

jmcquown

Jun 19, 2019, 6:50:52 PM6/19/19
On 6/19/2019 1:32 AM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article <p4kq1nf9xpp6$.d...@sqwertz.com>, Sqwertz
> <sqwe...@gmail.invalid> wrote:
>
>> ObFood: Made my best meatloaf ever tonight. I just "wung it" with
>> 50/50 pork/beef. And real baked beans from scratch.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/500qyrrn/Meatloaf-Potato-Beans.jpg
>
> I love the presentation of the potato.

Presentation?

> I'm going to do that. I'm
> guessing baked, scooped, doctored and put back in. It looks great. It
> doesn't look twice baked, but I may be wrong.
> I cook twice baked until they're golden on top, but I'm willing to
> learn.
>
> leo

Looked like a baked, split and buttered russet potato to me. Not that
there is anything wrong with that.

Jill

dsi1

Jun 19, 2019, 7:18:48 PM6/19/19
On Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 12:19:18 PM UTC-10, Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl wrote:

> Please put long addresses inside <> like this
> <http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/bourdain-parts-unknown-korea-recipe/index.html>
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Boy whatever program you're using is a lot of trouble. How hard would it be to display links properly? Google Groups recognizes links and highlights them with a different color, and makes them clickable - the way God intended.

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 19, 2019, 10:17:54 PM6/19/19
LOL @ google groups.

dsi1

Jun 19, 2019, 11:18:05 PM6/19/19
Thanks to Google Groups, nobody has to put
brackets around anything. Can't you just
highlight the link, then copy and paste the
address on to a browser window? That's what
I used to do - until I wised up.

If that's too hard, just upgrade your reader.
Why live a life full of problems?

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 20, 2019, 6:06:37 AM6/20/19
Ewww. Spam and hotdog. There are many, many other Korean dishes I'd
rather eat.

Cindy Hamilton

Gary

Jun 20, 2019, 7:18:19 AM6/20/19
Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> dsi1 wrote:
> > I think this dish might become popular in the states.Maybe it'll be the next big thing. :)
> >
> > http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/bourdain-parts-unknown-korea-recipe/index.html
>
> Ewww. Spam and hotdog. There are many, many other Korean dishes I'd
> rather eat.

I hadn't looked at the link yet but, if that's what it's about, I
won't bother to click on it.

dsi1

Jun 20, 2019, 1:38:19 PM6/20/19
On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 12:06:37 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Ewww. Spam and hotdog. There are many, many other Korean dishes I'd
> rather eat.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

You don't have to use Spam and hotdog. I suppose
luncheon meat and Vienna sausage would work too.
Just use whatever canned meat you got. They left
out the most important part. You have to put a
block of instant noodles with a slice of
American cheese smack dab in the center of the pan.

As far as I know, army stew is one of the most
popular of dishes in Korea. It's practically
unknown in the US. My guess is that's going
to change soon.

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 20, 2019, 2:10:01 PM6/20/19
I don't have any canned meat. That stuff is just nasty.

On the plus side, I went out for Korean at lunch today. Stir-fried
pork and vegetables with a lot of gochujang in it. It was a bento
box, so I also got a fried dumpling, a small serving of chapchae, rice,
and part of a fresh orange. The banchan were kakkdugi and some sort of
leathery tofu marinated in shoyu and something vaguely fishy. Only
the orange peel was left when I paid my tab.

Cindy Hamilton

dsi1

Jun 20, 2019, 4:39:53 PM6/20/19
You probably think canned meat is nasty
because you grew up in a land where fresh
meat was plentiful. Lots of people did not.

Mostly, it's a matter of geography rather
than taste.

Jeßus

Jun 20, 2019, 9:17:52 PM6/20/19
LOL. Your posts here make that claim highly questionable.

Facebook is crap in so many ways, but it's a good venue for making
money.

Christ...@deathtochristianity.pl

Jun 21, 2019, 12:34:23 AM6/21/19
yes I would agree with that, I just dont like the idiots that post
shit like pictures of themselves just waking up and making a comment
like.. Just woke up.

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 21, 2019, 6:06:57 AM6/21/19
I ate my share of vienna sausages as a kid. I know what
they're like: nasy.

And, yes, I didn't grow up in a third-world hellhole.
I grew up in Detroit.

Cindy Hamilton

dsi1

Jun 21, 2019, 7:04:37 AM6/21/19
i.e., an American hellhole?

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 21, 2019, 8:58:09 AM6/21/19
It wasn't so much of a hellhole when I was growing up, right up until
I was 10 years old and half (metaphorically speaking) the cities in
America had riots, including Detroit.

But I'm glad you got my humor about Detroit.

Honestly, I can't see where a place that lacks affordable fresh meat
can be called any kind of paradise.

Cindy Hamilton

Dave Smith

Jun 21, 2019, 10:03:37 AM6/21/19
On 2019-06-21 8:58 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> But I'm glad you got my humor about Detroit.
>
> Honestly, I can't see where a place that lacks affordable fresh meat
> can be called any kind of paradise.

A few years back my son and his friends visited Detroit a few times. He
was fascinated by it. He was amazed at the road, a transportation
system for large numbers of commuters in a city where there are now very
few jobs. There are large, beautiful buildings sitting empty, and
blocks of residential area where there are no longer houses. He thinks
it could make a good location for a post apocalyptic film.

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 21, 2019, 10:39:10 AM6/21/19
It is amazing. It used to be the Paris of the Midwest, and then generations
of neglect nearly killed it. It's a lot better than it was, but it's still
mainly an empty husk.

Cindy Hamilton

cshenk

Jun 21, 2019, 12:43:10 PM6/21/19
Sqwertz wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 14:00:13 -0500, cshenk wrote:
>
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> >> On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 1:38:41 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
>
> >> Head trauma. As big an asshat as he can be, if he's telling the
> >> truth about brain damage, he might not have the capacity to
> interact >> with people productively and consistently.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton
> >
> > I was not aware he had head trauma. It may however explain his very
> > antithical behavior to the rest of us.
>
> He made up that story about head trauma after he wasn't fitting in
> here well. "Medical problems" are an old and common ploy that was
> used often in the early days of the Internet and Usenet. A bunch of
> people who used to post here used that ploy over the years. Julie's
> the only one left, though somewhat non-traditional.
>
> -s

Maybe Steve, but we don't know if it's real or not. Either way, I
don't correspond with him because from all I have seen (KF but only the
default 30 days then he pops back out automatically), he's posted only
1 message without a jab at everyone or a specific person.

If he does have medical issues driving that then I feel sorry for im,
but that doesnt mean I have to engage with him and put up with it.

Carol

cshenk

Jun 21, 2019, 12:58:04 PM6/21/19
dsi1 wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 7:40:31 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > I think you need to stop making snide comments in every post. In
> > > 5 months, I have seen only 1 post from you that didn't have some
> > > nasty element to it. If you are upset that others ignore you, it
> > > is due to your own behavior.
> > >
> > > Whether you are intelligent or not, is irrelevant. You lack basic
> > > social skills for even this area and we aren't exactly a high
> > > water mark requirement for that.
> >
> > Head trauma. As big an asshat as he can be, if he's telling the
> > truth about brain damage, he might not have the capacity to interact
> > with people productively and consistently.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
>
> The people my wife takes care of are a danger to society and
> themselves. Most of them landed in the psych hospital for 2 reasons:
> head injury and drug use. OTOH, head injury can also manifest itself
> as gifts from heaven such as enhanced musical and artistic abilities.
> My understanding is that Cass Elliot was instantly able to sing like
> a songbird after whacking her head on a hard surface. Getting knocked
> out and losing contentiousness greatly improves your chances of being
> one of my wife's patients.

Had a friend many years ago (lost contact when I was in Japan). I
forget the name of the syndrome but he had uncontrollable cussing that
would randomly flash out. Lets say, conversations were interesting!

I took him to a nice restarunt in Richmond (he lived there) with my
daughter (then about 10 but well behaved). She'd met him before and
would just giggle when he would let out some expletives. He wasn't the
type to be loud so we simply asked for a quiet corner. I believe there
was also head trauma involved. He was perfectly normal otherwise and
very brilliant and witty. We were collaberating on software beta
testing for BBS (Fidonet) software with screen readers.
It is loading more messages.