Re: Seasonings for Cottage Cheese?

Message has been deleted

Dave Smith

Jun 26, 2007, 10:26:58 PM6/26/07
Steve Wertz wrote:

> Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
> it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
> seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
> suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
> pain killers.

No fruit??? That is the best way to eat cottage cheese. It is great with
canned peaches or pears.

notbob

Jun 26, 2007, 10:29:07 PM6/26/07
On 2007-06-27, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

> suggestions, no fruit, please.

Well, that kills a buncha great stuff. If I'm out of fruit, I just
sprinkle a little coarse ground black pepper. Forget the salt. Most
cottage cheese is already too salty, though I think I recently saw
some no-salt cottage cheese.

nb

Damsel in dis Dress

Jun 26, 2007, 10:32:23 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 9:21 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
> (starting today). They're finally going to fix the one that they
> should have pulled last time, but pulled the wrong one (and
> fractured my jaw/tooth socket among other things).

Dayam! There's a lawsuit in your future?

> I've just recently tried cottage cheese for the first time (yes,
> it's true) and I see a fair amount of large curd 4% in my near
> future, since it's soft and pretty tasty.

> Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
> it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
> seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
> suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
> pain killers.
>

> -sw

Dill weed. Maybe a little onion powder?

Best wishes, my friend,
Carol

Message has been deleted

Cindi - HappyMamatoThree

Jun 26, 2007, 10:49:41 PM6/26/07

> Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
> it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
> seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
> suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
> pain killers.

Mrs Dash seasoning salt isn't bad
My Daddy used to add mayo to cottage cheese, I don't know why, then coarse
ground pepper
a bit of crabmeat pulsed in the processor

good luck

I hate dental work with a passion. Probably has something to do with not
being able to have local anesthetics.

Cindi

> -sw

Damsel in dis Dress

Jun 26, 2007, 10:52:45 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 9:21 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

> What kinds of seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese?

Italian Seasoning (do diced tomatoes count as fruit?)

I'll keep thinking ....
Carol

Message has been deleted

cybercat

Jun 26, 2007, 10:55:24 PM6/26/07

"Dave Smith" <adavi...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Blueberries!! Peaches! "SAVORY spices?" gag

hahabogus

Jun 26, 2007, 10:55:47 PM6/26/07
Damsel in dis Dress <damsel.in...@gmail.com> wrote in

>> -sw
>
> Dill weed. Maybe a little onion powder?
>
> Best wishes, my friend,
> Carol

pepper

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

cybercat

Jun 26, 2007, 10:56:49 PM6/26/07

"Steve Wertz" <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote
> I had been holding off writing that complaint for months. I'm
> glad a waited another week (since I had to write it sometime).
> Sure, I could probably sue the clinic, but in light of recent
> events... It just wouldn't be right. That would be a Morrow
> Move.

Astute observation.

cybercat

Jun 26, 2007, 10:57:38 PM6/26/07

"Damsel in dis Dress" <damsel.in...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Not bad. I might have to warm it up, though. And add some pasta ... and
tomatoes and garlic and parmesan cheese and black olives ...

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

BD

Jun 26, 2007, 11:06:02 PM6/26/07

"cybercat" <cyber...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Damsel in dis Dress" <damsel.in...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Jun 26, 9:21 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
>>>
>>> What kinds of seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese?

Stuff a fresh ripe tomato w/ cottage cheese. Add little salt and pepper.
Enjoy!

Karen Burns

Jun 26, 2007, 11:08:04 PM6/26/07
Steve Wertz wrote:

> Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
> it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
> seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
> suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
> pain killers.
>
> -sw

Paprika goes nicely, as does fresh black pepper. I also like garlic
and/or onion powder, and/or celery salt. (not necessarily all at once)
Hubby likes to make what he calls 'cottage cheese salad' which consists
of cottage cheese, shredded cheese, and Ranch dressing. I don't eat it
that way, but he claims it's the best thing ever.
I also like to make tuna salad (no celery for you, I'm guessing) and put
a scoop of that and a scoop of cottage cheese on some shredded
lettuce... maybe slice up a hard-boiled egg to go with that.
It's not bad with hummus, either... not necessarily mixed together, but
eaten along with.

Karen
long time r.f.c. lurker, first time caller... :)

kilikini

Jun 26, 2007, 11:14:54 PM6/26/07
Steve Wertz wrote:
> I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
> (starting today). They're finally going to fix the one that they
> should have pulled last time, but pulled the wrong one (and
> fractured my jaw/tooth socket among other things).
>
> I've just recently tried cottage cheese for the first time (yes,
> it's true) and I see a fair amount of large curd 4% in my near
> future, since it's soft and pretty tasty.
>
> Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
> it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
> seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
> suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
> pain killers.
>
> -sw

TFM® usually grinds black pepper on his and he chops up tomatoes in it, too.
That's about as savory as we get. (But we both love the large curd - full
fat, of course!)

kili

Damsel in dis Dress

Jun 26, 2007, 11:15:01 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 10:02 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:57:38 -0400, cybercat wrote:
> > "Damsel in dis Dress" <damsel.in.dis.dr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Italian Seasoning (do diced tomatoes count as fruit?)
>
> >> I'll keep thinking ....
> >> Carol
>
> > Not bad. I might have to warm it up, though. And add some pasta ... and
> > tomatoes and garlic and parmesan cheese and black olives ...
>
> Tomatoes are a good idea - those I eat, but technically a fruit.
> Parmesan cheese and olives, too, if I warm it up a bit. I'm new
> to cottage cheese - Does it heat well or just separate?
>
> -sw

I've eaten it heated, but haven't been excited about the results.
It's been quite awhile, so I don't remember the particulars.

BUT ... I've thought of something else that's good on cottage cheese.
Cinnamon!

I don't know if the wounds in your mouth could handle it, but I'll bet
Frank's hot sauce would be great with cottage cheese.

More thinking ....
Carol

Damsel in dis Dress

Jun 26, 2007, 11:16:33 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 10:08 pm, Karen Burns <p...@thespamlessmonkeyhouse.us>
wrote:

> Karen
> long time r.f.c. lurker, first time caller... :)

Welcome to the fold, Karen! :)
Carol

kilikini

Jun 26, 2007, 11:16:36 PM6/26/07
Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:57:38 -0400, cybercat wrote:
>
>> "Damsel in dis Dress" <damsel.in...@gmail.com> wrote in
>> message
>>
>>> Italian Seasoning (do diced tomatoes count as fruit?)
>>>
>>> I'll keep thinking ....
>>> Carol
>>>
>> Not bad. I might have to warm it up, though. And add some pasta ...
>> and tomatoes and garlic and parmesan cheese and black olives ...
>
> Tomatoes are a good idea - those I eat, but technically a fruit.
> Parmesan cheese and olives, too, if I warm it up a bit. I'm new
> to cottage cheese - Does it heat well or just separate?
>
> -sw

It separates a little. Think of it as kind of a chunkier ricotta. Use it
as you would ricotta.

kili

Dee Dee

Jun 26, 2007, 11:17:57 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 10:21 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
> (starting today). They're finally going to fix the one that they
> should have pulled last time, but pulled the wrong one (and
> fractured my jaw/tooth socket among other things).

You're going to have the same dentist do the work?
Dee Dee

Damsel in dis Dress

Jun 26, 2007, 11:19:23 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 9:52 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 19:32:23 -0700, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
> > On Jun 26, 9:21 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> >> I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
> >> (starting today). They're finally going to fix the one that they
> >> should have pulled last time, but pulled the wrong one (and
> >> fractured my jaw/tooth socket among other things).
>
> > Dayam! There's a lawsuit in your future?
>
> Well, not really. I finally wrote the formal complaint this last
> weekend (as the tooth started hurting once again) and sent it on
> Monday (yesterday). The director of the clinic called me today
> at work and informed me that the dentist who did the initial work
> took his own life just last week.

> I had been holding off writing that complaint for months. I'm
> glad a waited another week (since I had to write it sometime).

OMG! Can you imagine the guilt you'd be feeling right now? Someone's
watching over you. :)

Carol

sandi

Jun 26, 2007, 11:20:10 PM6/26/07
Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote in

> I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
> (starting today). They're finally going to fix the one that they
> should have pulled last time, but pulled the wrong one (and
> fractured my jaw/tooth socket among other things).
>

> I've just recently tried cottage cheese for the first time (yes,
> it's true) and I see a fair amount of large curd 4% in my near
> future, since it's soft and pretty tasty.
>
> Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
> it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
> seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
> suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
> pain killers.
>
> -sw

Pepper.
Caraway seed sprinkled in, stirred in and let set over night.
Chives.
Tuna.
Tomatoes.

Pepper, caraway seed & chives and a bit of salt mixed in and
let the flavors meld over night. YUM.

Dee Dee

Jun 26, 2007, 11:21:54 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 10:49 pm, "Cindi - HappyMamatoThree" > I hate dental work

with a passion. Probably has something to do with not
> being able to have local anesthetics.
>
> Cindi

Same here. And the last time he prescribed antibiotics and I had a
rash for 10 days, completely covering my body. Nasty!
Dee Dee

Dee Dee

Jun 26, 2007, 11:26:41 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 10:21 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
> (starting today). They're finally going to fix the one that they
> should have pulled last time, but pulled the wrong one (and
> fractured my jaw/tooth socket among other things).
>
> I've just recently tried cottage cheese for the first time (yes,
> it's true) and I see a fair amount of large curd 4% in my near
> future, since it's soft and pretty tasty.
>

> -sw

There was a very popular jello mold in the 50's. In a 13x 9, put some
lime jello. Then a layer of cottage cheese, a layer of a small can of
green grapes, (do they even sell those anymore?) and I believe another
layer of lime jello. Some people added nuts, but with your sore
mouth, I wouldn't go there.
Maybe someone has a precise recipe for this old-time popular dish.
Actually at the time, it was rather pretty and tasty, as I recall.
Dee Dee

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Steve Pope

Jun 26, 2007, 11:29:56 PM6/26/07
Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

>I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
>(starting today). They're finally going to fix the one that they
>should have pulled last time, but pulled the wrong one (and
>fractured my jaw/tooth socket among other things).

>I've just recently tried cottage cheese for the first time (yes,
>it's true) and I see a fair amount of large curd 4% in my near
>future, since it's soft and pretty tasty.

>Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has

>it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
>seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
>suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
>pain killers.

Believe it or not, Sriracha is one of my favorites for stirring
into cottage cheese, but I also like hot ajvar, or most any sort
of salsa. A particularly excellent combination is cottage cheese
and a homemade smoked salsa (where ingredients like tomatoes and
chilis have been smoked on a grill or barbecue). I think the
heat/smokiness blends into the cool/neutral flavor of the cottage
cheese just right.

It's pretty healthful too, since cottage cheese has proportionately
more protein and less carbohydrate than milk. You could just
about live off the stuff.

Steve

tom

Jun 26, 2007, 11:50:16 PM6/26/07

"cybercat" <cyber...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Hot salsa.

Julie Bove

Jun 27, 2007, 12:27:11 AM6/27/07

"Steve Wertz" <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote in message

> I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
> (starting today). They're finally going to fix the one that they
> should have pulled last time, but pulled the wrong one (and
> fractured my jaw/tooth socket among other things).
>
> I've just recently tried cottage cheese for the first time (yes,
> it's true) and I see a fair amount of large curd 4% in my near
> future, since it's soft and pretty tasty.
>
> Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
> it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
> seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
> suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
> pain killers.

I no longer eat it. Danged dairy allergy. When I did it was normally eaten
plain. But I did make a yummy dip/spread with it. It had some finely
chopped red onion, a bit of black pepper, perhaps a bit of parsley and
enough finely grated sharp cheddar to give it some zip. Whip it with an
immersion blender. If you need soft food to eat with it, try black bread.

Julie Bove

Jun 27, 2007, 12:29:44 AM6/27/07

"Cindi - HappyMamatoThree" <lonnicusu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Mrs Dash seasoning salt isn't bad
> My Daddy used to add mayo to cottage cheese, I don't know why, then coarse
> ground pepper
> a bit of crabmeat pulsed in the processor

I've used it in tuna salad in place of mayo.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Karen

Jun 27, 2007, 12:50:37 AM6/27/07
On Jun 26, 7:21 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
> (starting today). They're finally going to fix the one that they
> should have pulled last time, but pulled the wrong one (and
> fractured my jaw/tooth socket among other things).
>
> I've just recently tried cottage cheese for the first time (yes,
> it's true) and I see a fair amount of large curd 4% in my near
> future, since it's soft and pretty tasty.
>
> Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
> it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
> seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
> suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
> pain killers.

Tabasco and parm cheese

Karen

Damsel in dis Dress

Jun 27, 2007, 12:53:08 AM6/27/07
On Jun 26, 10:31 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> I still feel guilty for some reason, or something. I'm not sure
> what I feel. Apparently he had been diagnosed with his cancer a
> week or so before I was 'victimized'.

((((( Steve )))))

Julie Bove

Jun 27, 2007, 12:55:17 AM6/27/07

"Dee Dee" <deed...@shentel.net> wrote in message

> There was a very popular jello mold in the 50's. In a 13x 9, put some
> lime jello. Then a layer of cottage cheese, a layer of a small can of
> green grapes, (do they even sell those anymore?) and I believe another
> layer of lime jello. Some people added nuts, but with your sore
> mouth, I wouldn't go there.
> Maybe someone has a precise recipe for this old-time popular dish.
> Actually at the time, it was rather pretty and tasty, as I recall.

My mom used to make a layer of green Lime Jell-O in a flat glass pan with
some canned pears or pineapple mixed in. When that was set up, she'd add
the Lemon layer by making up some Lemon Jell-O and letting it cool a bit
but not set up. She'd then whip in some cottage or cream cheese with the
mixer until it was light and fluffy and pour that over the top. When it was
set up, it was cut in squares.

modom (palindrome guy)

Jun 27, 2007, 1:00:20 AM6/27/07
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 03:29:56 +0000 (UTC), spo...@speedymail.org
(Steve Pope) wrote:

>Believe it or not, Sriracha is one of my favorites for stirring
>into cottage cheese, but I also like hot ajvar, or most any sort
>of salsa. A particularly excellent combination is cottage cheese
>and a homemade smoked salsa (where ingredients like tomatoes and
>chilis have been smoked on a grill or barbecue). I think the
>heat/smokiness blends into the cool/neutral flavor of the cottage
>cheese just right.

Actually that was one of my thoughts on this matter, too. There's a
local Mexican restaurant that has some really fine roasted salsa
verde, that would probalby do a good job on cottage cheese in the
right proportion.
--

modom

sf

Jun 27, 2007, 4:28:54 AM6/27/07
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:21:27 -0500, Steve Wertz
<swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

>I've just recently tried cottage cheese for the first time (yes,
>it's true) and I see a fair amount of large curd 4% in my near
>future, since it's soft and pretty tasty.

*Large* curd? Ick. Small curd rules.

>Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
>it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
>seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
>suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
>pain killers.

I like cottage cheese all by itself (small curd, not large). I like
it as a side dish with spaghetti and lasagne, I also like it with
soft boiled eggs on toast. None of the above will attack your taste
buds like sriracha ... but that's what I like.

Have you thought about adding garlic and cilantro to it?
;)

--
See return address to reply by email

Abe

Jun 27, 2007, 5:10:01 AM6/27/07
>I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
>I see a fair amount of large curd 4% in my near
>future, since it's soft and pretty tasty.
>What kinds of
>seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
>suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
>pain killers.

Thinly sliced scallions and fine black ground pepper. If you want, you
can also add in 1 tablespoon of sour cream per cup cottage cheese and
eat on soft challah. That was a Sunday morning staple growing up.

cybercat

Jun 27, 2007, 6:19:36 AM6/27/07

"Abe" <no...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
That sounds pretty good!

cybercat

Jun 27, 2007, 6:26:46 AM6/27/07

<sf> wrote:
>>pain killers.
>
> I like cottage cheese all by itself (small curd, not large).

I do too. But only Breakstone's, all the rest seem salty and
watery.

Strangely, I dislike Breakstone's sour cream, its consistency
is weird and it lacks "tang." For SC, Daisy brand rocks. I
buy the light--it's not as good as the full fat, but it is still
very good. (Gotta save calories where I can ...)

cybercat

Jun 27, 2007, 6:31:32 AM6/27/07

"Karen Burns" <pa...@thespamlessmonkeyhouse.us> wrote
> Hubby likes to make what he calls 'cottage cheese salad' which consists of
> cottage cheese, shredded cheese, and Ranch dressing. I don't eat it that
> way, but he claims it's the best thing ever.

Bagged salad (just a mix of lettuce, carrots and purple cabbage) is
wonderful as is with just shredded cheddar and ranch.

hahabogus

Jun 27, 2007, 7:06:29 AM6/27/07
sf wrote in news:5r6483hrntm2kfdrm...@4ax.com:

> Have you thought about adding garlic and cilantro to it?
> ;)

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

aka Kathy's Chocolate Pate

alan

1 cup unsalted butter 250 ml
1/4 cup granulated sugar 50 ml
4 egg yolks
2 tbsp. brandy 30 ml
2 tsp. vanilla 10 ml
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate 250 g melted; and cooled
1 cup whipping cream 250 ml

In mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in
egg yolks, rum and vanilla. Blend in chocolate.

Whip cream lightly and stir into chocolate mixture. Turn into 3-cup (750
ml) mould or small pots. Chill until firm, at least 8 hours. (If you make
it the night before you can eat it for lunch and still have enough time
make another batch
for dessert).

Makes about 8 servings.

(actually it makes about two servings - if you have the right people).

Use a light flexible metal mould or small pots or crocks. The recipe cam
be
doubled for a large mould (or two small ones).

From Kathy

Tried this and it is good...with congac.

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Abe

Jun 27, 2007, 7:11:40 AM6/27/07
>I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
>(starting today). They're finally going to fix the one that they
>should have pulled last time, but pulled the wrong one (and
>fractured my jaw/tooth socket among other things).
>
>I've just recently tried cottage cheese for the first time (yes,
>it's true) and I see a fair amount of large curd 4% in my near

>future, since it's soft and pretty tasty.
>
>Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
>it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 7:46:14 AM6/27/07
In article <630ag24obkf0$.d...@sqwertz.com>,
Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

> I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
> (starting today). They're finally going to fix the one that they
> should have pulled last time, but pulled the wrong one (and
> fractured my jaw/tooth socket among other things).
>
> I've just recently tried cottage cheese for the first time (yes,
> it's true) and I see a fair amount of large curd 4% in my near
> future, since it's soft and pretty tasty.
>
> Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
> it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
> seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
> suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
> pain killers.
>

> -sw

My mom always just ate it with a little fresh ground pepper, but I'd
also recommend paprika. Some chopped tomatoes will work if you can
handle the acidity.

Avocado does work, just skip the pepper sauce. Keep it simple, maybe a
little salt and lemon.

Poached eggs served over cottage cheese with salt and pepper is a divine
breakfast food.

Chopped shrimp with a smidge of cocktail sauce.

Hope this helps? :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 7:46:56 AM6/27/07
In article <4681CAF2...@sympatico.ca>,
Dave Smith <adavi...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Steve Wertz wrote:
> >

> > Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
> > it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
> > seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
> > suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
> > pain killers.
>

> No fruit??? That is the best way to eat cottage cheese. It is great with
> canned peaches or pears.

If he's like me, he probably does not have much of a sweet tooth.

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 7:47:56 AM6/27/07
In article <1182911543.3...@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
Damsel in dis Dress <damsel.in...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 26, 9:21 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> > I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
> > (starting today). They're finally going to fix the one that they
> > should have pulled last time, but pulled the wrong one (and
> > fractured my jaw/tooth socket among other things).
>

> Dayam! There's a lawsuit in your future?
>

> > I've just recently tried cottage cheese for the first time (yes,
> > it's true) and I see a fair amount of large curd 4% in my near
> > future, since it's soft and pretty tasty.
> >

> > Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
> > it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
> > seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
> > suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
> > pain killers.
> >

> > -sw
>
> Dill weed. Maybe a little onion powder?
>
> Best wishes, my friend,
> Carol

Ooh I forgot about dill!
Add that to some fine sliced/chopped shrimp.

Maybe some tuna if you like that.

And lemon.

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 7:48:43 AM6/27/07
In article <34vot1phtymc$.d...@sqwertz.com>,
Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

> The director of the clinic called me today
> at work and informed me that the dentist who did the initial work
> took his own life just last week.

Oh shit.

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 7:50:31 AM6/27/07
In article <34vot1phtymc$.d...@sqwertz.com>,
Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 19:32:23 -0700, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
> > On Jun 26, 9:21 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> >> I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
> >> (starting today). They're finally going to fix the one that they
> >> should have pulled last time, but pulled the wrong one (and
> >> fractured my jaw/tooth socket among other things).
> >
> > Dayam! There's a lawsuit in your future?
>

> Well, not really. I finally wrote the formal complaint this last
> weekend (as the tooth started hurting once again) and sent it on

> Monday (yesterday). The director of the clinic called me today

> at work and informed me that the dentist who did the initial work
> took his own life just last week.
>

> I had been holding off writing that complaint for months. I'm
> glad a waited another week (since I had to write it sometime).

> Sure, I could probably sue the clinic, but in light of recent
> events... It just wouldn't be right. That would be a Morrow
> Move. The dentist had a localized form of cancer.
>
> They've offered to fix it. I figure when I'm 90, at least I'll
> still have at least this one tooth left.

> > Dill weed. Maybe a little onion powder?
>

> Fresh would be a possibility. I don't do dried onion or dill.
> Or rarely, I should say. I'm trying to think of other soft
> things I can mix with it, too.
>
> -sw

Cottage cheese is an excellent and balanced protein source, so it's
nutritious as well as delicious.

MT has lots of fresh dill weed for a good price.

You could also probably soft steam many veggies and add them to it.
I've not tried that but I see no reason it would not work.

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 7:50:54 AM6/27/07
In article <f5sjiu$m8e$1...@aioe.org>, "cybercat" <cyber...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> "Dave Smith" <adavi...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Steve Wertz wrote:
> >>

> >> Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
> >> it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
> >> seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
> >> suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
> >> pain killers.
> >

> > No fruit??? That is the best way to eat cottage cheese. It is great with
> > canned peaches or pears.
>

> Blueberries!! Peaches! "SAVORY spices?" gag

Ooh CC baby, you'd not lived!

:-)

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 7:51:14 AM6/27/07
In article <f5sjn3$mcg$1...@aioe.org>, "cybercat" <cyber...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> "Damsel in dis Dress" <damsel.in...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Jun 26, 9:21 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> >>

> >> What kinds of seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese?
> >

> > Italian Seasoning (do diced tomatoes count as fruit?)
> >
> > I'll keep thinking ....
> > Carol
> >
> Not bad. I might have to warm it up, though. And add some pasta ... and
> tomatoes and garlic and parmesan cheese and black olives ...

Ramen.

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 7:52:16 AM6/27/07
In article <xkps450z...@sqwertz.com>,
Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:57:38 -0400, cybercat wrote:
>
> > "Damsel in dis Dress" <damsel.in...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >

> >> Italian Seasoning (do diced tomatoes count as fruit?)
> >>
> >> I'll keep thinking ....
> >> Carol
> >>
> > Not bad. I might have to warm it up, though. And add some pasta ... and
> > tomatoes and garlic and parmesan cheese and black olives ...
>

> Tomatoes are a good idea - those I eat, but technically a fruit.
> Parmesan cheese and olives, too, if I warm it up a bit. I'm new
> to cottage cheese - Does it heat well or just separate?
>
> -sw

I've thrown it into hot soups.

The curds tend to melt a bit, like mozarella, but that's not a bad
thing. :-) It makes any soups very creamy.

I've also added it to scrambled eggs.

Cottage cheese is very versatile.

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 7:53:25 AM6/27/07
In article <1182914277.4...@c77g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
Dee Dee <deed...@shentel.net> wrote:

> On Jun 26, 10:21 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> > I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
> > (starting today). They're finally going to fix the one that they
> > should have pulled last time, but pulled the wrong one (and
> > fractured my jaw/tooth socket among other things).
>

> You're going to have the same dentist do the work?
> Dee Dee

The dentist that did the original work is dead.

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 7:55:07 AM6/27/07
In article <2osuw0vk8scc$.d...@sqwertz.com>,
Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:19:23 -0700, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> > On Jun 26, 9:52 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> >
> >> Well, not really. I finally wrote the formal complaint this last
> >> weekend (as the tooth started hurting once again) and sent it on
> >> Monday (yesterday). The director of the clinic called me today
> >> at work and informed me that the dentist who did the initial work
> >> took his own life just last week.
> >>
> >> I had been holding off writing that complaint for months. I'm
> >> glad a waited another week (since I had to write it sometime).
> >

> > OMG! Can you imagine the guilt you'd be feeling right now? Someone's
> > watching over you. :)
>
> I still feel guilty for some reason, or something. I'm not sure
> what I feel. Apparently he had been diagnosed with his cancer a
> week or so before I was 'victimized'.
>

> -sw

Steve.

It is not your fault.......

If you need to talk, I'm here via phone and private e-mail.

Hell, I'll even give you my cell number and only special people get
that. ;-)

It's pre-paid Tracfone.

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 7:56:30 AM6/27/07
In article <YIlgi.2149$t95.851@trndny01>,
"Julie Bove" <juli...@verizon.net> wrote:

That is not a bad idea.
I'll have to try that as I'm trying to cut calories wherever I can, and
tuna salad with celery is a very good meal for work.

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 7:57:48 AM6/27/07
In article <V4mgi.6207$pT4.2657@trndny06>,
"Julie Bove" <juli...@verizon.net> wrote:

I'd use cherry or lemon jello.

I detest lime jello! <screams>

Message has been deleted

enigma

Jun 27, 2007, 8:47:07 AM6/27/07
Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote in

> Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha

> has it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds
> of seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory

> suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over
> the pain killers.

chives. finely diced sweet onion. dill. basil. avocado (oops!
that's a fruit)
i dislike sweet fruit in cottage cheese too.
lee

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Nancy Young

Jun 27, 2007, 8:56:07 AM6/27/07

"Steve Wertz" <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote

> I just felt bad writing a scalding letter about him at this
> particular time.

Well, it can't hurt him now. And why shouldn't you get to vent
about what was done to you? I feel badly that he was sick, but
if he wasn't thinking clearly, he shouldn't have been operating.

> And now I have to have additional work done by
> one of his close friends.
>
> Fortunately I didn't get a chance to send the letter to corporate
> (Castle Dental Offices)
>
> ObFood: Breakfast is pineapple juice and gin. And I've got some
> cottage cheese and crushed caraway warming up on the counter.

I once asked for uses for leftover ricotta and got reams of suggestions.
Perhaps if you google that thread, you might find something that would
be good, except substitute cottage cheese. Just a thought.

Another thought is that, if you read the labels, yogurt is more of a
nutritional bang for your buck; you might want to try incorporating
that into your diet.

Good luck with your surgery.

nancy

Janet B.

Jun 27, 2007, 7:41:31 AM6/27/07

"Steve Wertz" <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote in message

> I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
> (starting today). They're finally going to fix the one that they
> should have pulled last time, but pulled the wrong one (and
> fractured my jaw/tooth socket among other things).
>
> I've just recently tried cottage cheese for the first time (yes,
> it's true) and I see a fair amount of large curd 4% in my near
> future, since it's soft and pretty tasty.
>
> Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
> it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
> seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
> suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
> pain killers.
>
> -sw
Seasoned salt (Lawry's) or lemon pepper are my favorites.
Janet

Sarah

Jun 27, 2007, 9:19:47 AM6/27/07

"Steve Wertz" <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote in message

My favourite way to eat cottage cheese is on top of a hot baked potato, that
has lots of butter and cheddar mashed into it.
If you mash the potato and leave the skin your jaw/tooth should hold up to
it!
good luck with the dental work.

Sarah

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Dee Dee

Jun 27, 2007, 10:34:07 AM6/27/07
On Jun 27, 8:50 am, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:17:57 -0700, Dee Dee wrote:

> > You're going to have the same dentist do the work?
>

> If I see him again, I probably won't be needing any dental work.
>
> -sw

LOL!

It was told of Pat Nixon (deceased also) that EVERYDAY she went to her
residence in the White House and had for lunch: Cottage Cheese and
Ketchup.
That's if I recall correctly. Whether rumor or truth, I don't know.
Dee Dee

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 10:37:01 AM6/27/07
In article <1fohms4urwehi$.d...@sqwertz.com>,
Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:46:56 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article <4681CAF2...@sympatico.ca>,
> > Dave Smith <adavi...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> >> No fruit??? That is the best way to eat cottage cheese. It is great with
> >> canned peaches or pears.
> >

> > If he's like me, he probably does not have much of a sweet tooth.
>
> Not usually, no. It's the texture of most fruits combined with
> the sweetness, that turn me off. The soft texture of most fruits
> gives me the gag reflex, along with jello and pudding especially.
> I drink all sorts of juices and supplement that with psyllium
> husks.
>
> -sw

Take Twinlabs Magnesium capsules.

You will never need Psyllium again. ;-)

I have to take extra Magnesium because I have a chronic problem with low
Magnesium levels.

I never need to take fiber supplements.

But I'm not going to go into detail. <G>

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 10:38:23 AM6/27/07
In article <raj26734...@sqwertz.com>,
Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:55:07 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article <2osuw0vk8scc$.d...@sqwertz.com>,
> > Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> >
> >> I still feel guilty for some reason, or something. I'm not sure
> >> what I feel. Apparently he had been diagnosed with his cancer a
> >> week or so before I was 'victimized'.
> >

> > It is not your fault.......
> >
> > If you need to talk, I'm here via phone and private e-mail.
> >
> > Hell, I'll even give you my cell number and only special people get
> > that. ;-)
> >
> > It's pre-paid Tracfone.
>

> I'm not losing any sleep over it, even though we are "blood
> brothers" of sorts (after he stuck his finger and was digging
> around in my mouth with it).

> I just felt bad writing a scalding letter about him at this

> particular time. And now I have to have additional work done by

> one of his close friends.
>
> Fortunately I didn't get a chance to send the letter to corporate
> (Castle Dental Offices)
>
> ObFood: Breakfast is pineapple juice and gin. And I've got some
> cottage cheese and crushed caraway warming up on the counter.
>

> -sw

Okay, but the offer of the cellphone # is always open, even if you just
want to get together over lunch as a friend. :-)

Goomba38

Jun 27, 2007, 10:39:41 AM6/27/07
Dee Dee wrote:

> It was told of Pat Nixon (deceased also) that EVERYDAY she went to her
> residence in the White House and had for lunch: Cottage Cheese and
> Ketchup.
> That's if I recall correctly. Whether rumor or truth, I don't know.
> Dee Dee

I thought that was Dick, not Pat??
In their generation a hamburger patty, cottage cheese and a canned
sliced peach half in syrup was billed the "diet plate" at many a diner.
Anyone remember that nonesense?

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 10:40:31 AM6/27/07
In article <Tttgi.105894$hj5....@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
"Sarah" <sarahry...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Ooh that sounds evilly delicious!
I don't eat spuds on a regular basis but I'd never tried cottage cheese
with them.

Cool idea.

Dee Dee

Jun 27, 2007, 10:51:10 AM6/27/07

Memory is selective. I googled it and only got cottage cheese and
ketchup for him. But recalling in my mind, I always associated it
with Pat because then I thought she was emaciated, but probably
wasn't; must've been her cheek bones.

Yes, I remember those diet plates. I probably ate a few myself.
Wasn't that sort of a 'pre-curse' to Atkins.
Dee Dee

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 11:18:39 AM6/27/07
In article <1ai93k92...@sqwertz.com>,
Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:37:01 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article <1fohms4urwehi$.d...@sqwertz.com>,
> > Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> >
> >> I drink all sorts of juices and supplement that with psyllium
> >> husks.
> >

> > Take Twinlabs Magnesium capsules.
> > You will never need Psyllium again. ;-)
> > I have to take extra Magnesium because I have a chronic problem with low
> > Magnesium levels.
> > I never need to take fiber supplements.
> > But I'm not going to go into detail. <G>
>

> I don't take it because I'm constipated, I just think it's a good
> idea to scrape out the intestines.
>
> Shoot. UPS just dropped off a package from:
> http://www.ditalia.com/
> I can't open it just now since I know it's something I probably
> can't eat at the moment. Nick (however you know him) strikes
> again.
>
> Is it sexual harassment if I answer the door for a female UPS
> driver in my boxers?
>
> -sw

To most women, Boxers look like swim trunks if you buy patterned ones.
;-) Odds are she won't notice!

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 11:25:51 AM6/27/07
In article <1rgo7rnk...@sqwertz.com>,
Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:38:23 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
> > Okay, but the offer of the cellphone # is always open, even if you just
> > want to get together over lunch as a friend. :-)
>

> You can always call me the day before you arrive in Austin for
> shopping. I'll hang out with you. Even if your Dad will be with
> you - I figure he probably doesn't remember me.
>
> -sw

<grins> If you can put up with his eccentricity...
He IS 75. And no, he'd not remember you.

I have to go to the July Saxet show to find some magazines for the
Keltec PT-AT and dad's Glock 9mm. I'll probably hit MT while I am there.
He hates going to the gun shows so I'll probably go alone. 3rd. Saturday
in July.

I'll e-mail you. I don't have your phone #.

kilikini

Jun 27, 2007, 11:36:59 AM6/27/07
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> dropped this turd
> news:u9m5hguo...@sqwertz.com: in rec.food.cooking
>
>> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:28:28 GMT, Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>>
>>> I've used those Mrs. Dash's mixed spices as well.
>>
>> I found this in the cupboard:
>> http://www.spiceplace.com/mccormick_salad_supreme.php
>> A free bottle from someplace and used some of it last night.
>> It's not too bad, once it sits for a while at room temp.
>>
>> This morning I used caraway and Bufola Chipotle Sauce:
>> http://www.mexgrocer.com/1251.html
>>
>> And that was pretty darn good. At this point, anything would
>> taste good. I'm starved right now.
>>
>> -sw
>
> Good choices, both of them, IMO. I love fruit but I'm not real big on
> eating fruit with cottage cheese either. I'm a savory cottage cheese
> eater. I've got some in the fridge. Might try some rosemary in it.
> Oh... a lot of times I'll snip chives from the garden and mix it with
> the cottage cheese and then top a baked potato with it. Sounds gross
> but it's not bad.
>
> Michael

Hey, that just gave me an idea, Michael! Why not mashed potatoes with
cottage cheese, or a double stuffed potato with cottage cheese? It's just a
chunky sour cream, after all, isn't it?

kili

kilikini

Jun 27, 2007, 11:37:37 AM6/27/07
Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:37:01 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
>> In article <1fohms4urwehi$.d...@sqwertz.com>,
>> Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
>>
>>> I drink all sorts of juices and supplement that with psyllium
>>> husks.
>>
>> Take Twinlabs Magnesium capsules.
>> You will never need Psyllium again. ;-)
>> I have to take extra Magnesium because I have a chronic problem with
>> low Magnesium levels.
>> I never need to take fiber supplements.
>> But I'm not going to go into detail. <G>
>
> I don't take it because I'm constipated, I just think it's a good
> idea to scrape out the intestines.
>
> Shoot. UPS just dropped off a package from:
> http://www.ditalia.com/
> I can't open it just now since I know it's something I probably
> can't eat at the moment. Nick (however you know him) strikes
> again.
>
> Is it sexual harassment if I answer the door for a female UPS
> driver in my boxers?
>
> -sw

I don't know, were you, ahem, happy to see her?

kili

Message has been deleted

kilikini

Jun 27, 2007, 11:42:43 AM6/27/07
Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 01:28:54 -0700, sf wrote:

>> On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:21:27 -0500, Steve Wertz
>> <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
>>
>>> I've just recently tried cottage cheese for the first time (yes,
>>> it's true) and I see a fair amount of large curd 4% in my near
>>> future, since it's soft and pretty tasty.
>>>
>> *Large* curd? Ick. Small curd rules.
>
> I would have thought bigger was better with you wimmen.
>
> I'd like extra-large curds if I could get them.
>
> -sw

Me too! I love large curd cottage cheese. I'm limited to one spoonful now,
though - and it's so hard to stop at one!!! If I eat 2, it's stomach cramp
time. Sigh. I'm getting so limited on what I *can* eat.

kili

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 12:00:10 PM6/27/07
In article <46828442$0$4656$4c36...@roadrunner.com>,
"kilikini" <kili...@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

Well done Kili! <ROFLMAO!!!>

Nancy2

Jun 27, 2007, 12:01:41 PM6/27/07
On Jun 26, 9:21 pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
> (starting today). They're finally going to fix the one that they
> should have pulled last time, but pulled the wrong one (and
> fractured my jaw/tooth socket among other things).
>
> I've just recently tried cottage cheese for the first time (yes,
> it's true) and I see a fair amount of large curd 4% in my near
> future, since it's soft and pretty tasty.
>
> Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
> it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
> seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
> suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
> pain killers.
>
> -sw

Only salt, pepper and chives. I don't mess with it. I like the low
fat, small curd (essentially, I don't like the taste of cream).

My son used to put ketchup on his. Urp.

N.

Default User

Jun 27, 2007, 12:13:38 PM6/27/07
Steve Wertz wrote:

> Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
> it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
> seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
> suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
> pain killers.

Well, not a seasoning, but I've always like cottage cheese with sliced
radishes. Probably a bit crunchy for your current situation.

Brian

won't shut up.

Sheldon

Jun 27, 2007, 12:20:25 PM6/27/07
On Jun 26, 10:21?pm, Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> I've having more tooth work done here in the near future
> (starting today). They're finally going to fix the one that they
> should have pulled last time, but pulled the wrong one (and
> fractured my jaw/tooth socket among other things).
>
> I've just recently tried cottage cheese for the first time (yes,
> it's true) and I see a fair amount of large curd 4% in my near
> future, since it's soft and pretty tasty.
>
> Tonight I tried sriracha (with an avocado, too). Sriracha has
> it's place but not on cottage cheese, IMO. What kinds of
> seasoning do people put on their cottage cheese? Savory
> suggestions, no fruit, please. Something I can taste over the
> pain killers.
>
> -sw

Cottage cheese is a good substitute for mayo in tuna salad... if you
have tooth pain from chewing mix two cans tuna (undrained) with a half
pint cottage cheese, add diced celery, onion, s n' p to taste... dump
it all in a blender with a raw egg... tuna salad smoothie. If you
don't like tuna you can use canned salmon (no need to pick out the
bones and skin). Jazz it up with fresh lemon juice and/or hot sauce.
Don't laugh until you try it... makes a great dip with zesty nachos.

Sheldon

Message has been deleted

kilikini

Jun 27, 2007, 12:36:06 PM6/27/07
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> "kilikini" <kili...@NOSPAMhotmail.com> dropped this turd
> news:4682841b$0$31210$4c36...@roadrunner.com: in rec.food.cooking

>> Hey, that just gave me an idea, Michael! Why not mashed potatoes
>> with cottage cheese, or a double stuffed potato with cottage cheese?
>> It's just a chunky sour cream, after all, isn't it?
>>
>> kili
>
> I've always been afraid to find out *exactly* what cottage cheese is
> ;) I just happen to like it and don't want to know where it comes
> from. I've even been known to puree it, season it and use it as a
> veggie dip. I like sour cream too but if I don't have sour cream on
> hand for baked potates, etc. I'll use cottage cheese. I've never
> tried mashed with cottage cheese. Hmmmm... I'll give it a try. Maybe
> some cottage cheese, garlic powder and chives in some mashed.
>
> Michael

That sounds like a great idea, Michael!

kili

Dee Dee

Jun 27, 2007, 12:52:09 PM6/27/07
On Jun 27, 11:18 am, Omelet <omp_ome...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In article <1ai93k92leus9....@sqwertz.com>,

> Steve Wertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
>

> > On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:37:01 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> > > Take Twinlabs Magnesium capsules.
> > > You will never need Psyllium again. ;-)
> > > I have to take extra Magnesium because I have a chronic problem with low
> > > Magnesium levels.
> > > I never need to take fiber supplements.
> > > But I'm not going to go into detail. <G>
>
> > I don't take it because I'm constipated, I just think it's a good
> > idea to scrape out the intestines.
>
> > Shoot. UPS just dropped off a package from:
> >http://www.ditalia.com/
> > I can't open it just now since I know it's something I probably
> > can't eat at the moment. Nick (however you know him) strikes
> > again.
>
> > Is it sexual harassment if I answer the door for a female UPS
> > driver in my boxers?
>
> > -sw
>
> To most women, Boxers look like swim trunks if you buy patterned ones.
> ;-) Odds are she won't notice!
> --
> Peace, Om

Unless ......;-))
Dee Dee

Omelet

Jun 27, 2007, 1:55:01 PM6/27/07
In article <1182963129.0...@c77g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
Dee Dee <deed...@shentel.net> wrote:

That works with swim trunks too. <eg>

Karen Burns

Jun 27, 2007, 3:03:34 PM6/27/07
Steve Wertz wrote:

> Is it sexual harassment if I answer the door for a female UPS
> driver in my boxers?
>
> -sw

Only if they are on top of your head.

blake murphy

Jun 27, 2007, 3:53:09 PM6/27/07
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:47:03 -0500, Steve Wertz
<swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

>ObFood: Breakfast is pineapple juice and gin. And I've got some
>cottage cheese and crushed caraway warming up on the counter.
>
>-sw

that was humbert humbert's favorite drink. does it actually taste
good? i've had pineapple juice and vodka, but never gin.

your pal,
blake

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mark Thorson

Jun 27, 2007, 5:06:16 PM6/27/07
Steve Wertz wrote:

> What kinds of seasoning do people
> put on their cottage cheese? Savory
> suggestions, no fruit, please. Something
> I can taste over the pain killers.

I'd suggest trying a very tiny amount
of sage. After mixing, let it sit
in the fridge for an hour or more