Spinach Gnocchi with gorgonzola and speck cream

Pandora

Jan 9, 2006, 8:38:02 AM1/9/06
For those interested here is my recipe for "green gnocchi"

GNOCCHI AGLI SPINACI (Spinach gnocchi with gorgonzola and speck cream)

Category: First dish
Nb persons: 4

1 k potatoes - (use the old one, because new are
-to full of water
300 g spinach
250 g flour
1 egg

Boil potatoes with skin till they are soft. When ready , drain, take away
skin and mush them ( over a rolling board) when they are still hot. Then,
let them cool.
Steam spinach for some minutes (I have used frozen cubes), then squeeze
very well and mince in a food processor.
Spinach must be very dry: if you want to be sure they are perfectly dry, put
them in a frying pan without seasoning and cook for some minutes.
Add spinach to mushed potatoes, add one egg and flour and mix well with your
hands. Dough must be not soft nor hard.
Cut the ball of dough in four piece. take one piece at a time and roll it
on the rolling board in order to obtain long snakes of dough (half an inch
thick).
Cut gnocchi (1 inch long) with a knife and put them over a floured napkin.
If you want you can roll them over a fork to make stripes.
When all gnocchi are ready, you can frozen them or you can cook in a big pan
full of boiling and salted water to which you have added a TBS of olive oil.
Gnocchi are ready when they come on the surface. Take them with a strainer
and put in a bowl or in a frying pan with your preferred sauce.
I like to eat them with ragù and reggiano cheese. With gorgonzola and speck
cream or with a simple tomato sauce with basil.

Gorgonzola and speck cream:
Put some butter in a frying pan. When it is liquefied, add some chopped
scallions and stripes of speck. Evaporate with white wine. Then add little
pieces of gorgonzola cheese and some cream or milk or both. Sprinkle with
black pepper and chopped parsley.
Mix till gorgonzola is liquefied.
Enjoy
Pandora

Nutritional facts per serving (daily value):
Calories 261kcal
Protein 10g (20%)
Total Fat 2g (3%)
Sat. 0g (2%)
Chol. 47mg (16%)
Carb. 51g (17%)
Fiber 3g (13%)
Sugars 1g
Calcium 89mg (9%)
Iron 5mg (29%)

----------

Exported from Shop'NCook 3.1 (http://www.shopncook.com)

biig

Jan 9, 2006, 9:44:12 AM1/9/06

Pandora...what is speck? tia...Sharon

Pandora

Jan 9, 2006, 10:20:08 AM1/9/06

"biig" <bi...@mnsi.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> I like to eat them with ragů and reggiano cheese. With gorgonzola and
>> speck
>> cream or with a simple tomato sauce with basil.
>>
>> Gorgonzola and speck cream:
>> Put some butter in a frying pan. When it is liquefied, add some chopped
>> scallions and stripes of speck. Evaporate with white wine. Then add
>> little
>> pieces of gorgonzola cheese and some cream or milk or both. Sprinkle with
>> black pepper and chopped parsley.
>> Mix till gorgonzola is liquefied.
>> Enjoy
>> Pandora
>
> Pandora...what is speck? tia...Sharon

it is smoked and raw ham. It's typical of Trentino Alto Adige anothern
Italy region.
Cheers
Pandora

Elisa

Jan 9, 2006, 12:39:24 PM1/9/06

"Pandora" <miryb...@alice.it> wrote in message

> For those interested here is my recipe for "green gnocchi"

<snip wonderful recipe>

Thanks Pandora,

Elisa

Pandora

Jan 9, 2006, 1:01:46 PM1/9/06

"Elisa" <el...@myhome.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

You are welcome . I hope you understand :)
Cheers
Pandora

serene

Jan 9, 2006, 2:01:44 PM1/9/06
What is speck, Pandora? I don't recognize the term.

serene

Wayne Boatwright

Jan 9, 2006, 2:08:10 PM1/9/06
On Mon 09 Jan 2006 12:01:44p, serene wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> What is speck, Pandora? I don't recognize the term.
>
> serene

Take a look at item 3 on the page...

http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/shoppe.asp?cat=3&subcat=Bacon

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

serene

Jan 9, 2006, 2:09:07 PM1/9/06
On 9 Jan 2006 20:08:10 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
<wayne...@waynes.gang> wrote:

>On Mon 09 Jan 2006 12:01:44p, serene wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> What is speck, Pandora? I don't recognize the term.
>>
>> serene
>>

>Take a look at item 3 on the page...
>
>http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/shoppe.asp?cat=3&subcat=Bacon

Cool, thanks, and thank you, too, Pandora -- I didn't see your
response before I asked.

serene

biig

Jan 9, 2006, 2:02:29 PM1/9/06

> >> I like to eat them with ragù and reggiano cheese. With gorgonzola and

> >> speck
> >> cream or with a simple tomato sauce with basil.
> >>
> >> Gorgonzola and speck cream:
> >> Put some butter in a frying pan. When it is liquefied, add some chopped
> >> scallions and stripes of speck. Evaporate with white wine. Then add
> >> little
> >> pieces of gorgonzola cheese and some cream or milk or both. Sprinkle with
> >> black pepper and chopped parsley.
> >> Mix till gorgonzola is liquefied.
> >> Enjoy
> >> Pandora
> >
> > Pandora...what is speck? tia...Sharon
>
> it is smoked and raw ham. It's typical of Trentino Alto Adige anothern
> Italy region.
> Cheers
> Pandora

Thanks Pan...my friend's father is a sport fisherman who spends his
winters in Florida. They catch a fish called speck.....Sharon

Pandora

Jan 9, 2006, 2:24:58 PM1/9/06

"serene" <ser...@serenepages.org> ha scritto nel messaggio

> What is speck, Pandora? I don't recognize the term.
>
> serene

I Think I have answer this morning. Speck is smocked raw ham! Typical of
Trentino Alto Adige (Nothern italian region).
Look here. perhaps you recognize it.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.albanesi.it/Alimentazione/cibi/speck.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.albanesi.it/Alimentazione/cibi/speck.htm&h=226&w=300&sz=20&tbnid=vUzgvwoOvVYJ:&tbnh=83&tbnw=111&hl=it&start=7&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dspeck%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Dit%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

cheers
Pandora

Pandora

Jan 9, 2006, 2:26:00 PM1/9/06

"biig" <bi...@mnsi.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

You can try! ROTFL!

biig

Jan 9, 2006, 4:39:30 PM1/9/06

Thanks....two different items....lol....Sharon

jake

Jan 9, 2006, 6:25:52 PM1/9/06
I Love Speck!!!!

Pandora

Jan 10, 2006, 3:59:49 AM1/10/06

"jake" <kaas...@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

So do I! You can try to put it in your sage focaccia: GNAM!
Cheers
Pandora

jake

Jan 10, 2006, 6:11:52 PM1/10/06
Pandora wrote:

What an excellent idea./ But I'll eat it with pretty much anything :)

Pandora

Jan 11, 2006, 1:48:32 PM1/11/06

"jake" <kaas...@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

Yes! it's good also with anything!