REC: Watergate Salad

Damsel in dis Dress

Aug 27, 2002, 2:14:04 AM8/27/02
This salad is ridiculously fast and easy to make. Very refreshing on a
hot, muggy, lazy day. Or ANY day! I made it for Thanksgiving dinner last
year, and judging by Crash's reaction, it's going to be a regular on our
holiday dinner tables.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Watergate Salad

Recipe By :Jell-O
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:15
Categories : comfort foods desserts
salads/dressings

1 package instant pistachio pudding mix -- 4 serving size
20 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 3/4 cups Cool Whip -- thawed

Stir pudding mix, pineapple with juice, marshmallows and nuts in large bowl
until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping; cover.

Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.

Cuisine:
"American"
Source:
"http://www.kraftfoods.com/jello/"
Start to Finish Time:
"1:15"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

--
Damsel's Unofficial Web Home of RFC:
http://home.att.net/~edible-complex/

aec

Aug 27, 2002, 5:15:35 AM8/27/02

"Damsel in dis Dress" <damsel-in...@att.net.invalid> a écrit dans le
message de news: hv5mmu0u2s83lckn2...@4ax.com...

Ohhh Dams - that is the *most 'mercan I have seen for a while!! It's just
missing marshmallow fluff and peanut butter and it would be perfect!!
I wouldn't be able to make it because I can't get Cool Whip and instant
pudding, but I like the idea of it - makes me a bit homesick...
;-)
Anne

Damsel in dis Dress

Aug 27, 2002, 10:58:49 AM8/27/02
"aec" <anne.c...@bull.net> said:

>Ohhh Dams - that is the *most 'mercan I have seen for a while!! It's just
>missing marshmallow fluff and peanut butter and it would be perfect!!
>I wouldn't be able to make it because I can't get Cool Whip and instant
>pudding, but I like the idea of it - makes me a bit homesick...

I can't do it this month, but at the end of September, I'll mail you some
instant pistachio pudding. You can use whipped cream instead of Cool Whip.
I'm sure it'd taste a lot better. Just might not keep as well. Although,
with four people in your family, it won't have to keep. It'll all get
eaten at one meal.

Damsel

aec

Aug 27, 2002, 11:02:47 AM8/27/02

"Damsel in dis Dress" <damsel-in...@att.net.invalid> a écrit dans le
message de news: dp4nmukt5sffmjkf1...@4ax.com...

> "aec" <anne.c...@bull.net> said:
>
> >Ohhh Dams - that is the *most 'mercan I have seen for a while!! It's
just
> >missing marshmallow fluff and peanut butter and it would be perfect!!
> >I wouldn't be able to make it because I can't get Cool Whip and instant
> >pudding, but I like the idea of it - makes me a bit homesick...
>
> I can't do it this month, but at the end of September, I'll mail you some
> instant pistachio pudding. You can use whipped cream instead of Cool
Whip.
> I'm sure it'd taste a lot better. Just might not keep as well. Although,
> with four people in your family, it won't have to keep. It'll all get
> eaten at one meal.

8-)

You're a sweetie pie - thanks for the offer!! But no worry - I will find an
unwilling victim - I believe my papa is travelling over in Oct - I'll get
Mom to buy me some...thanks!
It's funny the things I end up asking for....like I live in some third-world
country or something! But then they're the same - from here they want
coffee, chocolate, soap (!), herbs (mom likes the "Herbes de Provences" we
have here), cheese (we can send it back now!), paté...sometimes my Dad's
suitcase looks like he plans on being really hungry on the plane...!
Thanks again.
Anne

Leila Abu-Saba

Aug 28, 2002, 1:48:01 AM8/28/02

Hmmm... they send us paté and unpasteurized cheese, we send them instant
pistachio pudding? Doesn't quite seem like a fair trade...

Leila
> Anne

Judy

Aug 28, 2002, 1:15:46 AM8/28/02

>"Damsel in dis Dress"
><damsel-in...@att.net.invalid> a
>écrit dans le message de news:

>hv5mmu0u2s83lckn2lg2rc60a5ai7tbuo
>@4ax.com...

--------

I'm with Crash on this, i like this dessert a lot, Carol. I've always
liked it, but i never make it because one of the buffet places in town
serves it daily, so i just wait until we go there again, since i'd tire
of it otherwise.

I posted a extra chunky version of this the last time Watergate Salad
came up.

aec

Aug 28, 2002, 5:58:56 AM8/28/02

"Leila Abu-Saba" <leil...@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3D6C6411...@yahoo.com...

Well I never said *I* was high class....!
Anne