Food Processor for Christmas

zimshurd

Dec 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/31/99
I am happy to report that I now have a KitchenAid Food Processor with the
label correctly positioned. I have never used a food processor
before...would someone post me a recipe that would introduce me to the
wonders of this appliance? Happy New Year to all.

Christine Ashby

Jan 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/1/00
What, didn't it come with an instruction booklet?

Alan Boles

Jan 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/1/00
My Braun came with a separate recipe booklet.

"Christine Ashby" <cma...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

Jack Schidt

Jan 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/1/00

zimshurd <zims...@email.msn.com> wrote in message

> I am happy to report that I now have a KitchenAid Food Processor with the
> label correctly positioned. I have never used a food processor
> before...would someone post me a recipe that would introduce me to the
> wonders of this appliance? Happy New Year to all.

Which model did you get? The 11 cup professional comes with a 75 recipe
booklet.

Happy Processing!

jack

Harry A. Demidavicius

Jan 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/1/00
On Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:23:44 -0500, "zimshurd"
<zims...@email.msn.com> wrote:

>I am happy to report that I now have a KitchenAid Food Processor with the
>label correctly positioned. I have never used a food processor
>before...would someone post me a recipe that would introduce me to the
>wonders of this appliance? Happy New Year to all.

Here is a family "staple". I hope it works for you as well as it
works for us.

Basic Tomato Sauce

1 3/4 pounds (one 28 ounce can) Italian tomatoes
¼ cup olive oil
1 medium onion
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
1 large carrot
1 large celery stalk
3 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt, to taste
1 cup dry red wine

1) Blend the onion, celery, carrot, garlic, oil, and all the
spices in a food processor until emulsified.

2) Empty the tomatoes into a large saucepan on medium heat and
mash them. Stir in the vegetable mixture. The resulting blend should
be quite thick & look reddish with traces of green & yellow visible.
When it starts to bubble turn down the heat & simmer uncovered for
about 35-40 minutes stirring occasionally until it has reduced &
blended into a sauce.

3) Add in the wine and continue to simmer for a few more minutes.
Stir in the parsley simmer for 5 more minutes. Taste and adjust for
spicing & remove from heat.

The sauce may now be served over pasta or stored in the refrigerator
in tightly capped 28 ounce jars.

Nutrition (per serving): 98 calories

Serves 4

Source: Harry Demidavicius

Christine Ashby

Jan 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/2/00

Alan Boles wrote in message ...

>My Braun came with a separate recipe booklet.

So did mine (in English and French, which was interesting), that was why I
asked. Seems you can't buy anything these days without a booklet. The
espresso machine came with a video!

Christine

Laurie Z.

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
In article <O5C1Av6U$GA.301@cpmsnbbsa05>, "zimshurd"
<zims...@email.msn.com> wrote:

> I am happy to report that I now have a KitchenAid Food Processor with the
> label correctly positioned. I have never used a food processor
> before...would someone post me a recipe that would introduce me to the
> wonders of this appliance? Happy New Year to all.

HI MOM!!!!!

Laurie Z. MST #65818
You do it, I'm bitter. -Crow

Harry A. Demidavicius

Jan 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/10/00
On Sun, 09 Jan 2000 21:41:21 -0600, head.t...@bigfoot.com (Damsel
in dis Dress) wrote:

>Harry,
>
>You are The Man! I just finished making a "kettle" of your tomato sauce,
>and it is awesome!!!! I had just a tiny bit left that wouldn't fit into
>containers for the fridge, so I dumped in some parmesan cheese, and scarfed
>it right down. The only thing I'd change for my next batch (and there
>*will* be a next batch) is that I'd add some crushed fennel seeds. My poor
>little taste buds searched in vain for fennel while I was eating my little
>bowl of sauce.
>
>The recipe is quoted below, for anyone who's been dying for a fabulous
>sauce for pastas and stuff. This would also be excellent as a dip for
>cheese bread! Or pretzels. Or <use your imagination>.
>
>Your humble and grateful servant,
>Damsel

Thenkyeew Damsel! [He said trying to reduce his head size down to
manageable proportions]
Harry Demidavicius