raw peanuts & peanut brittle

Diana Moskal

Dec 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/12/96

I have a recipe for peanut brittle that requires raw peanuts. I've
looked in several grocery stores and can't find them. What would happen
if I used roasted peanuts?
Thanks,
Diana

kevin john wilhite

Dec 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/12/96

In article <32B028...@smtp.netcruiser>,
I have used both. You'll have no problems.

Ted & Sharon

Dec 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/12/96

In article <32B028...@smtp.netcruiser>, Diana Moskal
<fran...@smtp.netcruiser> wrote:

> I have a recipe for peanut brittle that requires raw peanuts. I've
> looked in several grocery stores and can't find them. What would happen
> if I used roasted peanuts?
> Thanks,
> Diana

You can get raw peanuts (in the shell) through feed and grain stores. If
I remember correctly :), when you use raw peanuts in brittle you cook them
in the syrup, roasted peanuts you would add after the syrup in cooked.

Sharon G.

dabluez

Dec 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/12/96

Our Co-Op (health food store and more) sells both roasted and raw Spanish
peanuts. I prefer the using the roasted peanuts because the bit of salt
cuts the sweetness of the brittle.

Diana Moskal <fran...@smtp.netcruiser> wrote in article
<32B028...@smtp.netcruiser>...

Joyce Melton

Dec 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/13/96

Diana Moskal (fran...@smtp.netcruiser) writes:
> I have a recipe for peanut brittle that requires raw peanuts. I've
> looked in several grocery stores and can't find them. What would happen
> if I used roasted peanuts?
> Thanks,
> Diana

I don't know where you live but in my area (Portland, Oregon) you can
get raw peanuts in the health food sections of grocery stores.

Joyce

--
Joyce Melton
cw...@freenet.carleton.ca

C&T

Dec 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/13/96
to fran...@smtp.netcruiser

dabluez wrote:

> Our Co-Op (health food store and more) sells both roasted and raw Spanish
> peanuts. I prefer the using the roasted peanuts because the bit of salt
> cuts the sweetness of the brittle.
>
> Diana Moskal <fran...@smtp.netcruiser> wrote in article
> <32B028...@smtp.netcruiser>...
> > I have a recipe for peanut brittle that requires raw peanuts. I've
> > looked in several grocery stores and can't find them. What would happen
> > if I used roasted peanuts?
> > Thanks,
> > Diana

Using roasted peanuts will only be noticed if you happen to have a batch
that was made with raw peanuts around for comparison.
If I use salted peanuts I omit or at least reduce the amount of salt in
the recipe.

Is your recipe a microwave recipe? If not and you would like a micro
recipe just let me know. I have one that I used just yesterday and it
turned out great (I used raw peanuts this time).

Good Luck!

Tricia

Lynda Youngblood

Dec 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/16/96

Tricia,

I would love to have your microwave recipe. Please e-mail me or
I'll try to catch your post (hard to do every day during the holidays).

Thanks,
Linda