Não é mais possível fazer postagens ou usar assinaturas novas da Usenet nos Grupos do Google. O conteúdo histórico continua disponível.

REQUEST: Cajun Fries

0 visualização
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Adam Goldberg

não lida,
16 de mar. de 1991, 20:27:4416/03/1991
para
In article <1991Mar15.2...@mthvax.cs.miami.edu>,
jb...@prism.gatech.edu (TARASIDIS,JAMIE) writes:

>I am looking for a recipe for the "Cajun fries" that I have seen in
>fast-food places and a few restaurants. They are spicy (chili
>powder?). Any idea about what spices to use, and how much?

My food advisor sitting to my left says "Paprika!!, not Chili Powder."

Jim Wieser

não lida,
18 de mar. de 1991, 17:04:1418/03/1991
para
In article <1991Mar15.2...@mthvax.cs.miami.edu>
jb...@prism.gatech.edu (TARASIDIS,JAMIE) writes:

>I am looking for a recipe for the "Cajun fries" that I have seen in
>fast-food places and a few restaurants. They are spicy (chili
>powder?). Any idea about what spices to use, and how much?

These aren't exactly Cajun fries, but close enough. After the fries
have been cooked (by whatever method), put them in a paper bag and add
season salt. Shake the bag. Your done! I prefer Lawry's (sp?) Season
Salt. You can make the salt with whatever you like.

Enjoy.

Carol Miller-Tutzauer

não lida,
19 de mar. de 1991, 11:08:3719/03/1991
para
Well....in Cajun country we don't have "Cajun Fries," we just
sprinkle cayenne pepper on our french fries along with some
salt. But, if what you are referring to are those french fries
they call "Cajun Fries" cause they put the generic "Cajun
seasoning" on them..... Well, I have an idea how you can
make them:

Suggested procedure #1:

Ingredients -- potatoes, cut into desired shape/size for FF
Cajun seasoning mix (either buy in the store
or mix some cayenne pepper, white pepper,
black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder,
and a bit of dried thyme & dried oregano,
maybe a bit of salt)
salt

Method -- Deep-fry potatoes until they reach desired color
and doneness (amount of time depends on whether
you are using fresh potatoes or frozen fries,
and size of the fries). Remove to plate lined
with paper towels for a brief time, then sprinkle
with salt & Cajun seasoning.

Suggested procedure #2:

Ingredients -- same as above PLUS
flour

Method -- For about 1 cup flour, mix in 3-4 T of the Cajun
seasoning mixture, along with some salt (to your
taste). Roll the potato pieces in the flour mixture
then fry. Drain. Adjust seasonings (add more
salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, or if you prefer,
more Cajun seasoning).

Note: Generic "Cajun Seasoning" is sold nearly everywhere these
days; even my butcher sells it! With respect to Cajun food, it
is about equivalent to generic curry powder for Indian cuisine.
Not that it's bad; just not very imaginative. Paul Prudhomme
markets lots of versions (for beef, for poultry, for meat, for
fish, for blackened steak, etc.) and the version for poultry is
the best. If anyone needs an actual homemade recipe for this
stuff, e-mail and I will forward my own recipe. I could post,
but I have posted it previously, so I won't worry about rounding
it up unless someone specifically requests it.

Carol
ria...@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu

Bill Shearer

não lida,
19 de mar. de 1991, 14:04:1619/03/1991
para

I tried to duplicate the fries served at Popeye's Fried Chicken. This is what
I came up with. The texture and look is almost exact but the flavor is not
quite the same. Give it a try and please post any additions, changes, or ideas
that you come up with.

Bill

1 12 OZ. CAN OF BEER

3/4 CUP FLOUR

3/4 CUP CORN STARCH

1 1/2 TSP. BAKING POWDER

1 TBSP. GARLIC POWDER

1 TSP. SALT

1 TBSP. CHILI POWDER

CAYENNE TO TASTE

BLACK PEPPER TO TASTE

MIX ALL INGREDIENTS IN A BOWL. BAKE POTATOES AT 350 FOR ABOUT AN
HOUR AND LET THEM COOL. CUT POTATOES INTO STIPS (FRENCH FRY
SHAPE) AND DIP THEM INTO THE BATTER. FILL DEEP FRYING PAN ABOUT
1 1/2 IN DEEP OF VEGETABLE SHORTENING AND GET IT HOT. PUT BATTER
COATED FRIES INTO THE SHORTENING AND COOK ABOUT 3-4 MINUTES UNTIL
GOLDEN BROWN. YOU CAN DO THE SAME FOR ONION RINGS. MIGHT BE GOOD
ON FISH OR CHICKEN TOO.

TRY DIFFERENT CAJUN SPICES TO GET DIFFERENT FLAVORS. THIS IS
CLOSE BUT NOT THE EXACT FLAVOR.

--

# Bill Shearer # "If your nose runs and your

0 nova mensagem