Cajun food Louisana style

Judy

May 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/9/95
Hi:Folks: I am new to this group.. Have been enjoying some of the recipes
posted here and the messages.. I am in search for some recipes on Cajun style
cooking, entertaining.. I will be traveling down to Lafyaette La the first
part of June for a Computer convention.. that I will be attending.. What can I
expect as far as food..and meanus etc.. Any one have any tips they can share
with me and recipes that I might try here before I go.. I am not into really
hot hot spicy.
Any help would be greatly appreicated.. Have heard a lot about craw fish,
never had one and I am looking forward to my first taste. I am a sea food
lover so I have heard craw fish or much like lobsters and shrimp and I love
both. Take care and be safe.. Hope to hear from someone out there.
Judy.

Gregg Matusiak

May 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/10/95

Judy, you may want to take a look at this web site ...........

http://www.net-connect.net/cajun/home-c.htm

GM

Jim

May 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/11/95
Judy,

EAT THE CRAWFISH! As for recipes, www.webcom.com/gumbo. It has alot of
recipes and history.

In article <3oo05e$6sk...@NEWS.MOBIUS.NET>, ju...@mobius.net says...

--
Jim sends, ga...@ionet.net
Baseball is Back!

Alvin Givens

May 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/11/95
Judy (ju...@mobius.net) wrote:
: Hi:Folks: I am new to this group.. Have been enjoying some of the recipes
: posted here and the messages.. I am in search for some recipes on Cajun style
: cooking, entertaining.. I will be traveling down to Lafyaette La the first
: part of June for a Computer convention.. that I will be attending.. What can I
: expect as far as food..and meanus etc.. Any one have any tips they can share
: with me and recipes that I might try here before I go.. I am not into really
: hot hot spicy.
: Any help would be greatly appreicated.. Have heard a lot about craw fish,
: never had one and I am looking forward to my first taste. I am a sea food
: lover so I have heard craw fish or much like lobsters and shrimp and I love
: both. Take care and be safe.. Hope to hear from someone out there.
: Judy.

When in Lafayette, try to get to Mulate's in Hendereson, or any of the Cajun
restaurants on the levee in Breaux Bridge. Henderson and Breaux Bridge are
adjacent to Lafayette on I-10, no more than a 5 mile drive. The Crawfish
festival is held at Breaux Bridge every year and is *well* attended.

Mulate's is famous for its food and live cajun music every night, many
celebrities have visited there. And you know, most foods served are not hot
until you generously sprinkle "Lousiana Gold Hot Sauce" on it (mmmm!). I love
"pistolettes" (rolls filled with an etoufee), stuffed Blue Crab or soft-
shell cabs, dirty rice (rice cooked with chicken innerds and boudin),
boudin (rice & pork sausage, pronounced "BOO-dan"), crawfish pie (crawfish
etoufee in small pie crust, crawfish pot-pie), andouille sausage and, of
course, boiled crawfish.

From Lafayette, you can take a short drive down Evangeline Parkway to Avery
Island and visit the Tabasco company's visitor's center. It's interesting.
Try to catch a local festival, if you can. There's generally always one going
on somewhere nearby. Have fun!

jtr...@neosoft.com

May 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/13/95
ju...@mobius.net (Judy) wrote:

>Hi:Folks: I am new to this group.. Have been enjoying some of the recipes
>posted here and the messages.. I am in search for some recipes on Cajun style
>cooking, entertaining.. I will be traveling down to Lafyaette La the first
>part of June for a Computer convention.. that I will be attending.. What can I
> expect as far as food..and meanus etc.. Any one have any tips they can share
>with me and recipes that I might try here before I go.. I am not into really
>hot hot spicy.
>Any help would be greatly appreicated.. Have heard a lot about craw fish,
>never had one and I am looking forward to my first taste. I am a sea food
>lover so I have heard craw fish or much like lobsters and shrimp and I love
>both. Take care and be safe.. Hope to hear from someone out there.
>Judy.

Take it from me, Judy, as a life long Louisiana resident, the food
here is the BEST.
Be sure to try Crawfish Etouffe (et-too-fay), an incredible mix of
seasonings and spices served over a bed of rice. This can be had at
ANY Louisiana seafood restaurant.

Jason Trick ] Cajun Foods {New Orleans, Louisiana} [
jtr...@neosoft.com ] We ship anywhere...Louisiana seasonings [
New Orleans, LA ] spices, and local foods. [
-------------------] Email jtr...@neosoft.com for a product [
*******************] list and prices. [

jtr...@neosoft.com

May 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/13/95