Cranberry Jalapeno jelly Recipe

LinPBJ

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
I once had cranberry jalapeno jelly served over cream cheese as a very tastey
appetizer spread. Does anyone know of such a recipe or where I might find it?

TIA

Linda

TJ

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00

I typed cranberry jalapeno jelly into metacrawler as a phrase and came
up with three recipes. Here is one:

3 cups cranberry juice

1 cup chopped seeded jalapeno peppers

7 cups sugar

1 cup vinegar

2 pouches (3 oz. ea.) liquid fruit pectin

10 drops red food coloring - optional, but

sure is pretty.

Place cranberry juice and peppers in a blender;

cover and process until peppers are fully chopped. Strain through a
double thickness of cheese cloth. Pour the strained
juice into a

large kettle; add sugar. Bring to a full rolling

boil, stirring constantly. Stir in vinegar and pectin; return to a full
rolling boil. Boil for

1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the

heat; skim foam. Add food coloring, if desired.

Pour into hot jars, leaving 1/4 headspace.

Adjust caps and process for 5 minutes in a

boiling water bath.

This makes 8 1/2 pint jars.

This is sooooo good with cream cheese on

crackers. Last year I put a jar of this (with

ribbon, of course), a block of cream cheese,

a box of crackers, and some Christmas candy in

the small gift bags, and presented it to the

several families at our Christmas get together.

It was a hit with all, and so inexpensive!!!

Also, if you would rather have "green", use apple

juice and green food coloring.

Jamie Utter

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00

TJ wrote:

Don't you think this would be good as a jam recipe,
with bits of the cranberry and the peppers still in the
mix? Any recipes for something like that?

Just wondering.

jamie

iamthe...@my-deja.com

Oct 5, 2000, 1:02:55 AM10/5/00
Simply melt down a can of cranberry sauce in a sauce pan and add
Tabasco's Jalapeno Sauce to taste. Throw it in the fridge, maybe in a
mold, overnight and WA-LAH!

Steve

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Joelle

Oct 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/5/00
>Simply melt down a can of cranberry sauce in a sauce pan and add
>Tabasco's Jalapeno Sauce to taste. Throw it in the fridge, maybe in a
>mold, overnight and WA-LAH!

And I'm bad cuz I won't bone my own chicken :-)

Sounds good--I may try it.

Joelle
Never argue with an idiot.
~Loren Hanson~

Cat Voci

Oct 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/5/00
this a relish instead of a jelly but it is really delicious and always
gets lots of raves.

Cat

Cranberry Jalapeno Relish

One bag (approximately 12 oz.) of cranberries (fresh if possible)
Three large fresh jalapeno peppers
Juice of two limes
1/3 c. sugar
One bunch of green onions-tops and bottoms
One block of cream cheese

Directions:
Combine cranberries, jalapenos, onions, lime juice and sugar in a
blender or
food processor. Blend until the mixture is the consistency of a relish.
Place block of cream cheese on a serving dish. Pour cranberry mixture
over
the cream cheese. Serve with crackers.

Joelle wrote:

> >Simply melt down a can of cranberry sauce in a sauce pan and add
> >Tabasco's Jalapeno Sauce to taste. Throw it in the fridge, maybe in a
> >mold, overnight and WA-LAH!

pud

Oct 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/5/00
Here is the recipe Kay Hartman gave me a few years ago. I love it.

Cranberry Jalapeno Relish

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 or 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
1 12-ounce package fresh cranberries

Bring the water and vinegar to a boil. Let boil 5 minutes.

Add the sugar and jalapeno peppers. Let boil 5 more minutes.

Stir in the cranberries. Let boil 5 more minutes.

Chill in refrigerator.

Kay Hartman

--
Mary f. <No Kitty! it's MY POT PIE!>
_ _
It's a widdle,widdle, widdle pud (When I wake up, I'm gonna get
a CAT scan, "the santa clause")
http://home.earthlink.net/~maryf

http://www.zyworld.com/annfanHome.htm (for Redskin fans!)