Key Lime Cheesecake

1 view

Snowfeet1

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99
I sell cheesecakes and made up this recipe a couple of months ago. It is now
my of my most popular.

3 8-oz pkgs cream cheese (room temp)
1 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsp key lime juice
1/4 cup sour cream
grated rind of one regular lime
1 tsp vanilla
dash salt

Beat cream cheese until smooth and add sugar. Blend well and add eggs, one at
a time - blend in sour cream, vanilla, and salt. Slow (at low speed) add key
lime juice and blend until smooth. Add grated rind.

Pour onto prepared crust. ( I use a graham cracker type crust - 1 cup graham
crackers, 1 1/2 T melted butter, 1 T sugar. Bake at 325 for 15 minutes. Wrap
the cheesecake pan in a double layer of aluminum foil and put in larger shallow
pan and add boiling water to a 1" level in pan, being careful not to get any
water in cheesecake. I bake it at 325 for 30 minutes and remove from oven. I
liberally sprinkle the top of the cheesecake with angel flake coconut until
well covered and put bake in oven. Bake for an additional 60 minutes. Remove
from oven and cool for about 1 hours before refrigerating overnite.

This sounds complicated, but it is not. If you want to serve it on a cardboard
or plate, remove the sides, after carefully running a knife around it. Put on
a gas stove and turn the heat on high for about 15 seconds (not any longer).
Turn it over onto an extra cardboard round (blot excess butter on paper towel),
then position the cardboard round you will use or serving (or plate) over the
cheesecake bottom and flip over. I just wipe off the extra cardboard I used
and reuse it again.

Leila A.

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99
snow...@aol.com (Snowfeet1) wrote:

>I sell cheesecakes and made up this recipe a couple of months ago. It is now
>my of my most popular.

Welcome, snowfeet! I haven't noticed you posting before (but I can't
keep up with traffic around here). Just want to thank you for sharing
a recipe you use in your business. You clearly understand how it works
on RFC! Thanks for your generosity. With an attitude like yours, I'm
sure you sell alot of cheesecake!

I wish all the clueless ones who come on here trying to sell us
recipes would take note. But since they drop in to spam and
immediately drop out, they aren't listening.

snip recipe
Regards,

Leila A.

TO REPLY:
my friends should e-mail me using
leilasab
with a domain of yahoo
spammers have figured out my other spoiler
dont forget the dot com

Beryl Campagna

Jul 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/5/99
Thanks Snowfeet1 for the great recipe. I love Key Lime Pie (made
correctly) so I know this cheesecake will be great. Thanks again for
sharing it with us .The only problem is Key Limes are scarce as hens
teeth in Methuen Massachusetts. Anyone know where I can find the? Still
looking Beryl

Tom Dooley

Jul 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/5/99
I add my thanks for this recipe. It is hard to find the
real thing, and once you've had the real thing, nothing
else will do. I've been served the real thing in San
Francisco, and served a poor substitute in Marathon, in
the Keys.

I was very surprised to find a large bin of key limes in
my local Safeway yesterday (Northern CA). I guess I could juice a few
pounds and freeze the juice.

Dooley

Mike

Jul 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/6/99
Some grocery stores carry key lime juice in a small bottle.

tranch

Jul 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/6/99
If you can find Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Juice it's just great. I think
they have a web site, but I don't know the URL. I use it all the time in my
Key Lime Cheesecakes.

Snowfeet1

Jul 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/7/99
All the better grocery stores in Dallas sell it - ask the manager. I had to do
that the first time. They kept it in a weird location.

Paula Maguire

Jul 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/7/99

Tom Dooley wrote:

> I add my thanks for this recipe. It is hard to find the
> real thing, and once you've had the real thing, nothing
> else will do. I've been served the real thing in San
> Francisco, and served a poor substitute in Marathon, in
> the Keys.
>

> Dooley

So just exactly how do you define the "real thing" and what is it that
constitutes a "poor substitute?. In my experience there are as many
opinions as to what makes a great key lime pie/cheesecake as there are
people to eat them. It's a matter of taste - not authenticity.

Paula