Favorite Meal

hellw...@my-deja.com

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
What's your favorite meal?

I've been thinking about this for awhile, ever since I read that Ronald
Reagan for his 80th birthday asked for meat loaf, macaroni and cheese,
and mashed potatoes and Hugh Hefner ate the same thing every night for
years, which in Beef Stroganoff! Comfort food, doncha know.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

imajes

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
While I basically enjoy every meal as if it were my last, my hands down
favorite has to be fried chicken, silver queen corn (off the cob), butter
beans, crowder peas, sliced tomatoes and stewed muscadine grape hulls. Naw,
I ain't from the South <grin>.

jim

Melba's Jammin'

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
In article <7pgj5e$hi4$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, hellw...@my-deja.com wrote:
>What's your favorite meal?
>
>I've been thinking about this for awhile, ever since I read that Ronald
>Reagan for his 80th birthday asked for meat loaf, macaroni and cheese,
>and mashed potatoes and Hugh Hefner ate the same thing every night for
>years, which in Beef Stroganoff! Comfort food, doncha know.
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

I think it's hard to beat a bowl of good homemade chicken noodle soup with
homemade noodles. Piping hot. With a leetle bit of ketchup in it.
-Barb, recently anointed r.f.c. Preserved Fruit Administrator by Those Who Do The Naming.
"Always in a jam. Never in a stew."

Wayne Adair

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
hellw...@my-deja.com wrote:

> What's your favorite meal?
>
> I've been thinking about this for awhile, ever since I read that Ronald
> Reagan for his 80th birthday asked for meat loaf, macaroni and cheese,
> and mashed potatoes and Hugh Hefner ate the same thing every night for
> years, which in Beef Stroganoff! Comfort food, doncha know.

Ham and beans, fried potatoes, and cornbread. With lemon meringue pie
(made with Eagle brand milk)

Not a balanced meal but you did ask for favorite. This was my choice for
my birthday menu for years and years and still is.

Wayne.

--
To reply remove "nospam" from my e-mail address.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a
civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will
be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow
our lead into the future!" -Adolph Hitler 1935

Tara Danielle

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99

hellw...@my-deja.com wrote:
> What's your favorite meal?

shrimp, corn & basil fritter appetizer, Pinot Grigio

Filet Mignon rare with lots of mushrooms and no onions or peppers
Snap peas
Sweet potato baked with butter & cinnamon sugar
with
Black Velvet or VO & coke

Hot flavored coffee and moist chocolate cake with fresh berries and
kahluah on it.

Damn I'm hungry. And this Sprite, bagel & Golden Graham Treat I
brought for lunch doesn't seem very satisfying now!!

Bye,
Tara

Lan...@aol.com

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
hellw...@my-deja.com wrote:
> What's your favorite meal?
>
> I've been thinking about this for awhile, ever since I read that
Ronald
> Reagan for his 80th birthday asked for meat loaf, macaroni and cheese,
> and mashed potatoes and Hugh Hefner ate the same thing every night for
> years, which in Beef Stroganoff! Comfort food, doncha know.

Wow! That is a tough question.

I will say that any of my favorite meals would have to include mashed
potatoes, made in any one of several methods. There is the standard
boiling, with milk, butter, salt & pepper. There's the baking method,
with the same finish. Then there's this great Jewish method - which
includes onions sauteed in schmaltz (rendered chicken fat). I only do
that once a year, though.

But let's say either roasted or fried chicken, mashed potatoes and
green beans, with onions either pan fried with the chicken, or stuffed
in the cavity of the roasted bird.

Oh, and the roasted chicken coated in McCormick's chicken seasoning.

On the other hand, a great summer meal would be steak on the grill, and
freshly steamed artichokes with a lemon-garlic aioli.

Or my smothered pork chops.

But hands down, the first chicken dishes.

And my homemade chicken soup, with my matzoh balls.

- Andrew Langer

--
"The fact is, I don't recognize Stalin as a murderer."

- Scott Nudds, August 15, 1999 in austin.general

David G. Hughey

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
hellw...@my-deja.com wrote:

> What's your favorite meal?
>
> I've been thinking about this for awhile, ever since I read that Ronald
> Reagan for his 80th birthday asked for meat loaf, macaroni and cheese,
> and mashed potatoes and Hugh Hefner ate the same thing every night for
> years, which in Beef Stroganoff! Comfort food, doncha know.

Fried Chicken
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Steamed Corn on the Cob with Lime-Cilantro Butter
Green Beans with Country Ham
Sliced Tomatoes
Fresh Green Onions
Buttermilk Biscuits
Iced Tea, lots of lemon, sweet (house wine of the South)
Watermelon

I wouldn't kill for the above, but I have a few relatives I might trade in for...

David G. Hughey | Decatur, Georgia
Replace capsaicin with dghughey for e-mail response
Record Keeping: TennCare, the health plan for Tennessee's poor and
uninsured, paid more than $6 million for care to 14,000 dead people
in 1998, a state audit found (July 14, 1999 WSJ).

If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman to hear him,
is he still wrong?

Go Braves!

David Wright

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:35:43 GMT, hellw...@my-deja.com wrote:

>What's your favorite meal?

It's hard to narrow it down to just one meal, but a bowl of green
chile stew and some fry bread gets very close. Oh, and some honey on
another piece of fry bread for dessert.

David

Stanley Horwitz

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
imajes (ima...@spiritmail.zzn.com) wrote:
> While I basically enjoy every meal as if it were my last, my hands down
> favorite has to be fried chicken, silver queen corn (off the cob), butter
> beans, crowder peas, sliced tomatoes and stewed muscadine grape hulls. Naw,
> I ain't from the South <grin>.

Picking my favorite meal is a difficult task. It really depends on the
mood I am in. If I am looking for comfort food and a substantial dinner, I
love roast chicken stuffed with a basic bread stuffing. With that, a real
baked potato (not nuked or steamed in aluminum foil) or Kasha and Bowties,
with fresh Italian string beans. Yum!

SportKite1

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
>What's your favorite meal?

Ack! This is a tough one.

Caesar Salad with Grilled Shrimp to start
Sapphire Martini with two olives

Roast Beef (medium rare)
Horseradish Cream
Mashed Potatoes & Brown Gravy (made from the drippings of the roast)
Steamed Broccoli
Cabernet Sauvignon

For Dessert - Fresh Fruit (mango, berries, peach, pear) with a selection of
ripe cheeses.
Champagne and Cassis

(But then a pint of Bass, some Bangers and Mash, Herb Gravy and Petit Pois
doesn't suck either....lol)
Color My Sky, Ellen
http://www.x-kites.com

Kerstin

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
hellw...@my-deja.com wrote:
> What's your favorite meal?
>
> I've been thinking about this for awhile, ever since I read that
Ronald
> Reagan for his 80th birthday asked for meat loaf, macaroni and cheese,
> and mashed potatoes and Hugh Hefner ate the same thing every night for
> years, which in Beef Stroganoff! Comfort food, doncha know.

What a question to ask a food addict!

Our current family favorites:
Beef tenderloin
Bernaise (actually more of a alioli, depends on what i have on hand)
Potatoes
Salad

Or

Fajitas

Or

potato soup

Has anyone noticed that most people so far have posted old time comfort
foods? A while back I saw Julia Child say on TV that she really didn't
care about nutrition, she wanted taste!!!
-Yes!!!
Goes to show you that you can't convince anyone by telling them they
only should eat what is *good* for them.
Define the word *good*!:-)

Kerstin

Fradybunch

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
I actually have several favorite meals! ;-) Here is one:

Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer

Crabcakes with Remoulade Sauce
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Coleslaw
Hushpuppies

Wet Coconut Cake

--

The Titanic was built by professionals, the Ark by amateurs.

Ken Venard

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
hellw...@my-deja.com wrote:

> What's your favorite meal?

Pork butt roast with roasted potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips, and
cabbage with lots of horseradish- mmmmmmmmmmm!

Mike Perry

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
Barbecued chicken on the grill (drunken chicken: see
users.vnet.net/mperry/drunkchicks.html )

Sweet corn off the cob cooked with real butter and when done mixed with
vine ripened tomatoes peeled and chopped up and prepared with a tad of
vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper

Steak fries w/ Heinz 57 sauce

Unsweetened iced tea

'make ya tongue slap ya brain'

Mike

hellw...@my-deja.com wrote:

> What's your favorite meal?
>

> I've been thinking about this for awhile, ever since I read that Ronald
> Reagan for his 80th birthday asked for meat loaf, macaroni and cheese,
> and mashed potatoes and Hugh Hefner ate the same thing every night for
> years, which in Beef Stroganoff! Comfort food, doncha know.

Angelique

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:35:43 GMT, hellw...@my-deja.com wrote:

>What's your favorite meal?
>
>I've been thinking about this for awhile, ever since I read that Ronald
>Reagan for his 80th birthday asked for meat loaf, macaroni and cheese,
>and mashed potatoes and Hugh Hefner ate the same thing every night for
>years, which in Beef Stroganoff! Comfort food, doncha know.

I've always liked prime rib. I like it with simple vegetables and
mashed or redskin potatoes.

At my favorite fish restaurant, I like any light and flakey fish with
(again) simple veggies and a glass or two of Piesporter.

Angelique

Elem secy

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
Ok, I'll be the dummy....... What's wet coconut cake?

Fradybunch

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
Ok, I'll be the dummy....... What's wet coconut cake?

Here's the recipe:

Wet Coconut Cake

Prepare your favorite sheet cake ( we like a basic white cake). Bake
according to directions. When baked and while still hot (leave in the pan),
poke holes in the cake and pour one can cream of coconut over cake. Let
cool. Ice with your favorite coconut cake icing. Whipped Cream with
coconut mixed in is our favorite.

Very basic, very moist, and very delicious!!

puester

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
If you've followed this thread for a while, it's hard not to keep
thinking of the cross thread, "Why Americans are so fat..."
(Fat, sugar, carbs and alcohol seem to loom large in most people's
favorite menus! <sigh> Me, too!)

gloria p

puester

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
Ken Venard wrote:

> hellw...@my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > What's your favorite meal?

As much lobster as I could eat.
Drawn butter (cholesteral free, of course!)
Maybe a very tiny baked potato (to cleanse the palate.)
Th-th-that's all, folks!

gloria p

SportKite1

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
>As much lobster as I could eat.

oooooo, that's not a meal. That's a GORGY! I have only had as much lobster as
I could eat one time in my life...my past birthday....and it was pure bliss.

Jill McQuown

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
hellw...@my-deja.com wrote in message <7pgj5e$hi4$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>What's your favorite meal?
>
>I've been thinking about this for awhile, ever since I read that Ronald
>Reagan for his 80th birthday asked for meat loaf, macaroni and cheese, and
mashed potatoes and Hugh Hefner ate the same thing every night for years,
which in Beef Stroganoff! Comfort food, doncha know.

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

This is a tough question, because I have many favorite meals and it really
all depends on my mood at the time. But a fine comfort meal for me is the
non-fat-conscious, completely delicious:

Country Fried Steak with Cream Gravy
Mashed potatoes
fresh green beans cooked with ham or lean salt pork
white beans (cooked same as the beans)
yellow cornbread
sweetened iced tea?... no... cold Dixie beer

Jill

Young

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
My favorite meal varies with the season (I know, it's kind of like
having more than one pet peeve, you should pick just one ... that's
what makes it your favorite).

I like fall and winter food the best. How can I choose between
pork roast with sauerkraut and potatoes, pot roast with potatoes and
carrots, beef stew ... I don't know. In the summer, ribs, flank steak,
or just a really good green salad ... a tomato sandwich on pita with
mayonnaise ... I think you've asked the impossible question. The answer
changes by the day.

nancy

Ariane Jenkins

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99

>>What's your favorite meal?

Sushi. California rolls, unagi and avacado maki, hamachi and
scallion maki, sake, hamachi, toro, maguro and unagi nigiri and green
tea to drink. And for dessert? Maybe ice-cream filled mochi if I
have room--green tea and coffee flavored. :)

Ariane

Jeffotron

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99
In article <7pgj5e$hi4$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, hellw...@my-deja.com wrote:
>What's your favorite meal?

Shrimp Cocktail with a few margaritas (on the rocks). Followed by Porter
House Steak medium rare with Creamed Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Jalepenos.
Then top it off with plenty of dark beer or ale. Shiner Bock or Bass Ale.
Jeff

Qui...@windmill.com

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99

Prime rib, thick, rare
Baked potato with butter, lightly salted
Caesar salad
Hot sourdough bread
Ice water
White wine
Dessert: Mississippi mud pie

Post dessert: an ambulance

Yeah, baby! :)

--
Reply to "CP at ix dot netcom dot com"
Chris Paquette

EnG

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99
<<What's your favorite meal?>>

Liver and bacon with onion gravy and mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts and
peas.

aem

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99
hellw...@my-deja.com wrote:

> What's your favorite meal?

I've been thinking about this and decided that I can't pick one, any more
than I can pick a favorite piece of music. There are just too many things
that all stand together at the top of the list. It would not be far off
the mark to say that my favorite meal is a choice between the next one and
the one I just had. For example, for breakfast this morning I toasted a
bagel. While it was toasting I picked a Brandywine tomato and some basil.
Cut two thick slices of the tomato, sprinkled them with salt and chopped
basil. Spread the bagel with cream cheese, topped with the tomato slices
(they're bigger than the bagel), and there it was -- definitely one of my
favorite meals.

Nancy Howells

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99

NY> My favorite meal varies with the season (I know, it's kind of
NY> like having more than one pet peeve, you should pick just one
NY> ... that's what makes it your favorite).

NY> I like fall and winter food the best. How can I choose
NY> between pork roast with sauerkraut and potatoes, pot roast
NY> with potatoes and carrots, beef stew ... I don't know. In the
NY> summer, ribs, flank steak, or just a really good green salad
NY> ... a tomato sandwich on pita with mayonnaise ... I think
NY> you've asked the impossible question. The answer changes by
NY> the day.

No, no, no... you are NOT strange. I have the same thing. My
favorite meal changes with the season, and with what just sounds
good. And I, too, favor autumn and winter food the best, with the
exception of watermelon.

You mention all my favorite things up there, except for the sauerkraut
with the pork roast. I favor a hot cranberry relish with my pork
roast.

Right now I'd have to say that my favorite meal is grilled chicken,
potato salad and corn on the cob. Last week, it was ratatouille.

--Nancy
how...@mit.edu
(maybe it's a Nancy thing?)

Denise Stark

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99
Mine is a korean food that I don't know how to make. My mom had got the
recipe from a neighbor who was from Korea and it had some noodles that
were almost clear, and sesame seeds with (I think) a little sesame seed
oil. It had meat and vegetables in it too. Do any of you know of a
recipe like that?
Denise in SoCal

Regina Holt

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99
oysters on the halfshell Maryland fried
chicken green beans
fresh, homemade sourdough bread stewed tomatoes
and for dessert another round of the above yum!

Barry Grau

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99
Denise Stark (mat...@thegrid.net) wrote:
: Mine is a korean food that I don't know how to make. My mom had got the

chapchae (japjae)?

Here's a url or two:

Connoisseur's Guide to Korean Dishes
http://labweb.soemadison.wisc.edu/users/lee/korfood/recipies.html

Korean Recipes
http://soar.berkeley.edu/recipes/ethnic/korean/index0.html

jennifer allee

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99
For brevity, I'll spin and recap: Nancy Young mentioned that her favorite
meals depend on the season. She also listed many wonderful "fall/winter"
foods. Nancy Howells agreed, and wondered "(maybe it's a Nancy thing?)".

Well, as I'm a Jennifer, and the parents didn't even consider Nancy for me
(Evelyn was the only other female option, go figure)...I can assure you
this "problem" is not just a Nancy thing! :0

I also vary my meals by season....or perhaps my *body* does, by craving
different things at different times. I too, enjoy "fall/winter" foods
more....but I agree that there is nothing quite like Watermelon on a hot
day. (Although beer drinkers will probably disagree!)

Overall, I'll admit that I've been avoiding this thread, because I have
SOOO many favorites. Here is how crazy I am with food.....sometimes, I go
hungry because I can't decide which of my favorite things to eat!

I adore Chinese (although I've probably never had authentic Chinese)....my
mom makes the best egg foo young (sp?)...but a local restaurant has hot
and spicy beef, sweet and sour chicken and tofu pot that equals
perfection.

For many years, on my birthday, I would demand my father's lasagna and
Baker's Square (in early years, Poppin' Fresh) Lemon Meringue pie.

I'm crazy about good chicken, with tasty crispy skin. A local greek
"fastish" food place makes a lemon chicken to DIE for. My mom and I also
will buy just the legs of the turkey, and cook them for a snack....she
also introduced me to the wonder that is pork hocks with saurkraut and
brown sugar. Sigh...I miss living at home!

Anything with potatoes...I'm there.

I love soups and stews, anything in a bowl, heated.

When summer started, I ate nothing but greek salad and fresh bread for
about two weeks...but then I turned on the air and went back to "winter"
food!

Apologies in advance to all the favorite foods I forgot. Like eggs!

jennifer,
craving squash now! even frozen...OH! I might have a can of yams in the
cupboard! :)
--
http://www.414.org/~mighty

Nexis

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99

jennifer allee <mig...@414.org> wrote in message

> I'm crazy about good chicken, with tasty crispy skin. A local greek
> "fastish" food place makes a lemon chicken to DIE for. My mom and I also
> will buy just the legs of the turkey, and cook them for a snack....she
> also introduced me to the wonder that is pork hocks with saurkraut and
> brown sugar. Sigh...I miss living at home!

This greek place....is it called Oscars? My husband loves their lemon
chicken so I was just curious :)

Thebu...@webtv.net

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99
First Course: Grill-Roasted Clams
w/hot pepper garlic
butter

Second Course: Spicy Manhattan Clam
Chowder (homemade
of course)

Third Course: Lemon Intermezzo

Fourth Course: Rotiss on gas grill
Crushed pepper and
Garlic rubbed Pork
Tenderloin
Oven Roased baby
red potatoes
w/rosemary
Grilled summer
veggies

Dessert: Homade Zuchinni Bread
sliced with strawberry
cream cheese and sliced
fresh peaches.

Yum, that's what we are having for
tomorrows dinner.

Denise Stark

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99
Thanks for the links...I will go there right now! ;)
Denise in SoCal

<RJ>

Aug 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/21/99

Beef stew on a winters day
GOOD chili
Chinese food at least once a month
"Italian" at least weekly... ( it's just soooo comforting )
Ribs
Pork and sour-kraut
kielbasi/pierogies/bleenies
a good hoagie with coke and potato chips
and pizza
and.... and....

Gawd.... I'm getting hungry !!!

>(maybe it's a Nancy thing?)

<RJ>

V C

Aug 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/21/99

SportKite1

Aug 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/21/99
>Veal Marsala,made with imported Fiore Marsala Wine.
>Side order of cheese raviolies,garlic bread
>Italian tossed green salad
>Good grade of italian red wine
>Dessert: A creamy cannoli

You're killing me here!!!!! YUM Double YUM

Stan Horwitz

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99

Is this any different than the favorite meals of people who do not
live in the United States?

Dazzy Deb

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
hellw...@my-deja.com wrote:

>What's your favorite meal?

Fried Shrimp
Green Salad with Balsamic Vinegar Dressing
Corn on the Cob
Butter Roll
Ice Tea
Lemon Meringue Pie
Dazzy Deb
Heaven Doesn't Want Me, and Hell is Afraid I'll Take Over

RMi1013934

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
In article <7pq5lr$3au$1...@cronkite.ocis.temple.edu>, st...@typhoon.temple.edu
(Stan Horwitz) writes:

>Is this any different than the favorite meals of people who do not
>live in the United States?
>

>I bet if you look at favorite meals of people in other countries, you may find
that foods with a lot of fat, sugar and carbs, are high on the list. This
probably happens because fat etc. makes food taste good.
Rosie

> ---------

Erika (Kim)

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99

Yeah but there is a difference by having a fatty favourite meal and
having a fatty regular diet.

I can only speak for Sweden , but here people tend to eat health
consiously most of the time so they can allow themselves a hamburger
meal, a bearniassauce, french fries or what ever every once in a
while..

We eat a lot of boiled potatoes and mixed sallads here, almost noone
cooks with lard etc
We also eat a lot of brown bread and hard bread, good for fibres.

/Erika

Denise

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:35:43 GMT, hellw...@my-deja.com wrote:

>What's your favorite meal?

Usually dinner. Though brunch is nice too
Ptttttthbt.

>I've been thinking about this for awhile, ever since I read that Ronald
>Reagan for his 80th birthday asked for meat loaf, macaroni and cheese,
>and mashed potatoes and Hugh Hefner ate the same thing every night for
>years, which in Beef Stroganoff! Comfort food, doncha know.

Depends, of course.
When I was a teen spending summers in Welfleet (Cape Cod) with my rich
grandparents, my sister and I devised the "ultimate" lunch- lobster
salad on croissant with lettuce and tomato, cashews on the side, melon
blueberry and kiwi salad, champagne and orange juice to wash it down.

The meals I most crave are the ones I cannot afford health-wise, or
financially. Big platters of hot spicy tuna sushi or spider crab
sushi... Beef sashimi... Steamed Lobster and artichokes with lots of
lemon garlic butter and french loaf...

My fave comfort food that I cook often enough is what we've nicknamed
Chicken Schmeg- some kind of boneless chicken (nowadays skinless
chicken thighs), with onion and canned mushroom soup, mixed with
whatever else is on-hand: carrots, mushrooms, lemon juice, vermouth or
white wine, etc. served over rice

Either that, or another of my grandmother's (RIP) influences- fried
eggs with mashed potatoes.

== Denise Robinson http://www.ambient.on.ca http://www.vankleek.net ==
I need external validation.
That's okay, right?

Tara Danielle

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
In article <37cbc709...@news.igs.net>,

amb...@ambient.on.ca wrote:
When I was a teen spending summers in Welfleet (Cape Cod) with my rich
grandparents, my sister and I devised the "ultimate" lunch- lobster
salad on croissant with lettuce and tomato, cashews on the side, melon
blueberry and kiwi salad, champagne and orange juice to wash it down.

Damn that sounds good! (Except the Mimosa for me.) They really were
rich, I guess :-)
Bye,
Tara

busybee

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
Roast Beef (so tender you can cut it with a butter knife)
Real Whipped Potatoes (make sure to leave a few chunks)
Smooth pan gravy (no lumps...leave that for the potatoes)
Fresh crusty homemade rolls with butter
Honey-glazed baby carrots
German Chocolate Cake w/Coconut/Pecan frosting (all homemade)
and a tall glass of ice cold skimmed milk (gotta watch the fat calories ;-)

Don't have this too often so I suppose thats why its a favorite. This is a
meal I would prepare when there is a chill in the air...getting to be about
that time.

--Busybee

Mike Perry wrote in message <37BC5F9A...@vnet.net>...
>Barbecued chicken on the grill (drunken chicken: see
>users.vnet.net/mperry/drunkchicks.html )
>
>Sweet corn off the cob cooked with real butter and when done mixed with
>vine ripened tomatoes peeled and chopped up and prepared with a tad of
>vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper
>
>Steak fries w/ Heinz 57 sauce
>
>Unsweetened iced tea
>
>'make ya tongue slap ya brain'
>
>Mike

>hellw...@my-deja.com wrote:
>
>> What's your favorite meal?
>>

>> I've been thinking about this for awhile, ever since I read that Ronald
>> Reagan for his 80th birthday asked for meat loaf, macaroni and cheese,
>> and mashed potatoes and Hugh Hefner ate the same thing every night for
>> years, which in Beef Stroganoff! Comfort food, doncha know.

Denise

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99
On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 19:45:14 GMT, Tara Danielle
<tara_d...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>In article <37cbc709...@news.igs.net>,
> amb...@ambient.on.ca wrote:
>When I was a teen spending summers in Welfleet (Cape Cod) with my rich
>grandparents, my sister and I devised the "ultimate" lunch- lobster
>salad on croissant with lettuce and tomato, cashews on the side, melon
>blueberry and kiwi salad, champagne and orange juice to wash it down.
>

>Damn that sounds good! (Except the Mimosa for me.) They really were
>rich, I guess :-)

I guess they were.
I remember coming back to Ottawa after spending a summer there and my
mother being all pleased and presenting us with steak for dinner... A
welcome back to the mainland dinner, I suppose.
That afternoon I had had my braces tightened.
The three months previous I had eaten nothing but seafood and pheasant
(hence the rich comment).
That night I gave up on beef.
Shortly thereafter, pork and lamb left.
Next thing I knew, I was a vegetarian.
Which was abandoned after a cheeseburger craving whilst pregnant...

whoops- sorry for rambling!

MonaLassy

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
probably rouladen with gravy and noodles tomato salad on the side...dont know
about desert...maybe german beanastich torte
mona