Salty Dog Recipe

Chef Fagin

Oct 18, 2005, 7:52:45 PM10/18/05
This dish placed 3rd in the "Taste of the Town" competition this year. We
call it the Salty Dog here at the Feed Bag, where I cook. It retails for
$12.95 and is very popular with our lunch crowd.

Salty Dog

4 very thin strips of pork loin
Add 3 paper thin beet slices
Season with a tablespoon of sea salt
Fry in an iron skillet

Place in a plate and top with lots of fresh parsley, basil, rosemary, and a
raw circular tomato slice. Garnish with lardones.

notbob

Oct 19, 2005, 1:13:18 AM10/19/05
On 2005-10-18, Chef Fagin <con...@anything.com> wrote:

> Salty Dog
>
> 4 very thin strips of pork loin

I prefer the liquid salty dog. Gin and grapefruit juice in a salt
rimmed glass.

nb

kilikini

Oct 19, 2005, 4:15:53 AM10/19/05

"notbob" <not...@nothome.com> wrote in message

I'll second that, nb.

kili

Bob Terwilliger

Oct 19, 2005, 9:04:02 PM10/19/05
notbob wrote:

> I prefer the liquid salty dog. Gin and grapefruit juice in a salt
> rimmed glass.

I like it better with tequila. Un "perro salado"?

Bob

Wayne Boatwright

Oct 19, 2005, 9:22:03 PM10/19/05

I think tequila tastes like turpentine. Gimme the gin!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
_____________________________

http://tinypic.com/eikz78.jpg

Meet Mr. Bailey

Bob Terwilliger

Oct 19, 2005, 9:38:04 PM10/19/05
Wayne demanded:

>>> I prefer the liquid salty dog. Gin and grapefruit juice in a salt
>>> rimmed glass.
>>
>> I like it better with tequila. Un "perro salado"?
>>

> I think tequila tastes like turpentine. Gimme the gin!

I've never had turpentine, so I can't make that comparison. :-)

Nothing wrong with gin, though. Gimlets are one of my favorite drinks. I
just think that grapefruit juice goes better with tequila.

Bob

Message has been deleted

notbob

Oct 19, 2005, 9:57:37 PM10/19/05
On 2005-10-20, Bob Terwilliger <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote:

> Nothing wrong with gin, though. Gimlets are one of my favorite drinks. I
> just think that grapefruit juice goes better with tequila.

I discovered something about gimlets and hard liquor in general, at
least in my case. I don't take sweet drinks well. I usually don't
get bad hangovers from white liquors like gin, tequila, and vodka.
But, gimlets! ...whoa!! I've no doubt it's from the sugary Rose's
Lime juice. I don't really like sweet drinks, but gimlets are like 80
proof lemon drops, the only hard candy I've ever liked. Oh, the pain.

nb

Wayne Boatwright

Oct 19, 2005, 10:45:39 PM10/19/05

I love gin gimlets!