Favorite Sandwich

Cynthia B. Marifke

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

I don't know if anyone else makes this, but my favorite sandwich is a fried
balogna sandwich. It's like a grilled cheese sandwich, but use balogna
instead of the cheese. It tastes the best with rye bread.

I used to have this ALL OF THE TIME when I was a little kid. If I was lucky,
my Mom would let me have it for supper, with or without a bowl of tomato
soup.

It was a long time since I've had a friend balogna sandwich, but recently I
had a craving for one, and I've been craving them ever since. With the cold
weather coming in, it just reminds me of when I was a little kid...

My brother likes a fried ham sandwich, but I prefer the fried balogna
sandwich.

Cindy

Seesa 2

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

Ohhh I LOVE a fried bologna sandwich! its one of my favorites

Best is on a good fresh rye bread and I like bottled chili sauce and
sometimes a smattering of sliced red onion.

Hmmmmm Now I know what dinner will be tonight ;>

See...@aol.com
'You can't please everyone... so you've got to please yourself."

Scott Hysmith

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

Cynthia B. Marifke wrote:

> I don't know if anyone else makes this, but my favorite sandwich is a fried
> balogna sandwich. It's like a grilled cheese sandwich, but use balogna
> instead of the cheese. It tastes the best with rye bread.
>
> Cindy

Someone else who eats fried balogna! Wow!

I keep having to explain myself whenever I fix that. I tried the
"it's just a flat hotdog" approach, and that didn't work. Growing
up the fried balogna-and-egg sandwich was my breakfast of choice on
cold mornings.
Scott Hysmith
Work: sco...@asymetrix.com - http://www.asymetrix.com/
Play: raks...@halcyon.com - http://www.halcyon.com/raksasha/

Jan Penovich

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

see...@aol.com (Seesa 2) writes:

>Ohhh I LOVE a fried bologna sandwich! its one of my favorites
>
>Best is on a good fresh rye bread and I like bottled chili sauce and
>sometimes a smattering of sliced red onion.

I don't like bologna that much, but I do love fried kosher
salami with melted american cheese sandwiches. Yuummmmm.

jan
TTFN, * jpen...@encore.com (my opinions are my own
jan penovich * Encore Computer Corp. not my employer's)

Rod Rupar

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96
to Jan Penovich

If you have access to an outlet of Schlotzkys fast food joint and order
an original or an original ham-and-cheese you will taste perhaps the best
sandwich ever made.

raquel guerra

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

> I don't like bologna that much, but I do love fried kosher
> salami with melted american cheese sandwiches. Yuummmmm.

have you ever had grilled hebrew national like salami??? yummmmmmm!

-raquel

i wish i was at home so i could go grill....

Rdwhah

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

You spoke of "fried bologna" cooked like grilled cheese. I always cook
the bologna in the pan seperate from the bread. Slash the edges so it
won't curl, and fry until almost burned. Then put on wheat bread with
mayo, lettuce and dill pickle slices. Do most of you grill your balogna
sandwiches or cook like me?
Susan

Douglas Jackson

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

In our last episode of [rec.food.cooking], Jan Penovich wrote:
> see...@aol.com (Seesa 2) writes:

> >Ohhh I LOVE a fried bologna sandwich! its one of my favorites
> >
> >Best is on a good fresh rye bread and I like bottled chili sauce and
> >sometimes a smattering of sliced red onion.

> I don't like bologna that much, but I do love fried kosher

> salami with melted american cheese sandwiches. Yuummmmm.

> jan

> --
> TTFN, * jpen...@encore.com (my opinions are my own
> jan penovich * Encore Computer Corp. not my employer's)

My mom used to make us fried salami sandwiches. Fried balogna was usually
served along side of fried eggs and toast (in place of bacon) but we never
had balogna very often cause my mom considered it poor people's food and
growing up in her upper class snooty home she didn't buy it for us very
often, not that i really enjoyed it anyway. Enough of my ramblings. My
fave sandwhich comes from my dad, fried eggs, mayo, tomato, cheese and
lettuce.

Yum Yum

Jenn --
_.-------Commercial e-mail will be read at a cost of AUS$25 each-------.
_ // I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed |
\X/ or numbered! My life is my own. - No.6 to No.2, "The Prisoner" |
`----As always, my university has no idea at all of what I am saying----'

mczkaz

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

Peanut butter & potato chip on Jewish rye. Now, that's a sandwich.
Mike Z.

J. Takei

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

my favourites are...

tuna & mayo, w/ tomato and onion slice and black olives
cheese and onion
BLT
cheese and pickle

Jiro

J.Takei
Dept of Biochemistry
Univ of Bristol
j.t...@bris.ac.uk

Michael Edelman

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

Well, peanut butter and bannanna on Jewish rye is right up there for me.
Haven't had one in a while. I'm also inordinately fond of Prociutto and
fresh mozzerella with tomato, lettuce (NOT iceberg), perhaps a sprig
of basil, a touch of olive oil and a littel balsamic venegar...

But mainly it's that PB on rye...

Sam Rosenbaum

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

Well, there are way too many to even mention yet alone classify, but
it would have to be (at least currently) for hot, a good falafel or a
meatball sandwich on a crusty italian roll, and the perennial Schwartz's
smoked meat on rye w/ mustard; Montrealers know whereof I speak.
For cold, roasted turkey on fresh baguette, pumperknickel
or onion rye w/ lettuce, tomato, alfalfa sprouts and home-made russian
dressing - I only get to make this one a couple times a year and it's
worth waiting for.

Sam.
.
--

***** rose...@chass.utoronto.ca *****

wade lee

Nov 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/13/96

One of my favourite sandwiches is a croque monsieur (and a croque mademoiselle)
which is essentially a french grilled ham and cheese (the mademoiselle also
has a fried egg.) If anyone has a good recipe for an authentic croque M.,
could you please send it to me?

Wade

Michael Edelman

Nov 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/14/96

wade lee (wl...@uoft03.utoledo.edu) wrote:
: One of my favourite sandwiches is a croque monsieur (and a croque mademoiselle)

: which is essentially a french grilled ham and cheese (the mademoiselle also
: has a fried egg.) If anyone has a good recipe for an authentic croque M.,
: could you please send it to me?

You just posted one. What more do you need?

wade lee

Nov 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/14/96

[following up to his own post, oh my]

...or was that a croque madame? i don't remember... it was the 'feminine' form
of the sandwich, though.

-W

wade lee (wl...@uoft03.utoledo.edu) penned:

: One of my favourite sandwiches is a croque monsieur (and a croque mademoiselle)
: which is essentially a french grilled ham and cheese (the mademoiselle also
: has a fried egg.) If anyone has a good recipe for an authentic croque M.,
: could you please send it to me?

: Wade

E. Van Huffel

Nov 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/14/96

Years ago, Millbrook Bread had a Dutch Dill bread in the North East Ohio
area. One day by accident I concocted a sandwich of boiled ham, and sour
cream on dutch dill bread. I haven't had anything like it since they
took the bread off of the market. If I could only find out someone else
who has this type of bread. . .
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Eddie Van Huffel
far...@en.com
NEVER TRUST A MACHINE
THAT CAN'T COUNT HIGHER THAN 1

new...@aol.com

Nov 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/17/96

One of my favorite sandwiches was Schlotzkys and/or Alvin Ords. Has
anyone ever had them? And do you know if theare available in the
northeast?