Little Sleazers

1 view

Kurt Foster

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
The corporate Little Caesars Pizza stores in Canon City, Colorado
Springs, and Denver have all been closed. Here in Colorado Springs, there
was no notice, either to the public or to the workers. The managers came
in to open up, only to discover the locks had been changed in the dead of
night. About 70 people in town are suddenly unemployed. Apparently the
shutdown was done the same way in Denver and Canon City.

ACKC3380

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
Same here in the Orlando area. Although I am neither a fan of their food or an
employee, I am appalled at the way they conduct their business. Making their
long-standing employees re-apply at other locations, losing their benefits and
vacation time, is demeaning at best. Unfortunately, if the public reacts by not
buying their pizza, more employees are likely to show up for work only to find
locked doors....al

Alan Zelt

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
Stanley Horwitz wrote:
> This is typical of failing retail establishments. Frankly, I think anyone who
> works in for a chain restaurant or retail outlet should never assume that his
> or her job is secure.

never having worked in a chain environment, i still have always believed
it never a wise move to assume job security period.
--
alan

Eliminate FINNFAN on reply.

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the
people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

Stanley Horwitz

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99

Nexis Robinson

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
Apparently they take business lessons from CompUsa. When they bought out
Computer City, they didn't bother to tell the people working in the stores
they would be closing them. In fact, right up until they did, the employess
were all convinced they were closing "other" stores, but not *their* store.

Valerie

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
In article <7n98rq$h89$1...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>,

Nexis Robinson <ne...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>Apparently they take business lessons from CompUsa. When they bought out
>Computer City, they didn't bother to tell the people working in the stores
>they would be closing them. In fact, right up until they did, the employess
>were all convinced they were closing "other" stores, but not *their* store.

Happens with ISP's, too. At least there was a severance package, though!

Val

Stanley Horwitz

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
Alan Zelt (alan...@worldnet.att.net) wrote:
> never having worked in a chain environment, i still have always believed
> it never a wise move to assume job security period.

That's a good point Alan. Job security should certainly never be taken
for granted unless you're a United States Supreme Court Justice.

dbi...@my-deja.com

Aug 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/14/99
In article <7n98rq$h89$1...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>,
"Nexis Robinson" <ne...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Apparently they take business lessons from CompUsa. When they bought
out
> Computer City, they didn't bother to tell the people working in the
stores
> they would be closing them. In fact, right up until they did, the
employess
> were all convinced they were closing "other" stores, but not *their*
store.
> Kurt Foster wrote in message <7n65tr$817$2...@news1.rmi.net>...
> > The corporate Little Caesars Pizza stores in Canon City, Colorado
> >Springs, and Denver have all been closed. Here in Colorado Springs,
there
> >was no notice, either to the public or to the workers. The managers
came
> >in to open up, only to discover the locks had been changed in the
dead of
> >night. About 70 people in town are suddenly unemployed. Apparently
the
> >shutdown was done the same way in Denver and Canon City.

The stores in Indiana were closed in the same manner, but while I was on
vacation on the West Coast. They changed the locks, called my
assisstant and told him to tell everyone they were fired. When I got
home I called the phone number given us, but only got voice mail.
Eventually I received a letter, stating that they would pay me 'X'
dollars severance, plus any due time(vac pay) only if I signed a
release form in advance. I did... As an salaried employee, I was
required to work a minimum of 50 hours a week, but when they settled
up, they only paid vacation at 40 hours per week, plus only paid the
last week actual hours worked, conveniently forgetting their own salary
agreement. If there ever was a mean spirited uncaring company, it is
little caesars. They are the worst I've seen in my 50 years.
they also left a lot of building damage in their wake and a huge pile
of uncollected trash behind the building. They absolutely dont care
about anything, anyone, or anywhere--other than their profit margin.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Moira de Swardt

Aug 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/14/99

dbi...@my-deja.com wrote in message <7p2mpb$ui7$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

>In article <7n98rq$h89$1...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>,
> "Nexis Robinson" <ne...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

<Snip lots of references to "Little Caesars" unappealing employee relations
track record.>

I'm glad I know this stuff. It makes it easier to avoid this company which
has several franchise outlets in South Africa.

Moira de Swardt