Breakfast Casserole Request

dst...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu

Apr 26, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/26/95
The subject line says it. We need something to feed 150 people so it
can't be too expensive to make. I have some ideas but don't have time
to experiment with cooking times etc. Mastercook can adjust the
recipe for size so don't worry about that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dwight

Richland Tester

Apr 26, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/26/95
dst...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu wrote:
: The subject line says it. We need something to feed 150 people so it

: can't be too expensive to make. I have some ideas but don't have time
: to experiment with cooking times etc. Mastercook can adjust the
: recipe for size so don't worry about that.

The university here has a selection of cookbooks on how to feed large
quantities of people. I have not used any of them so I cannot recomend
one. You might be able to access the same thing in your library there.
Good luck.

Rich

JW Davis

Apr 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/27/95
dst...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu () wrote:

> The subject line says it. We need something to feed 150 people so it
> can't be too expensive to make. I have some ideas but don't have time
> to experiment with cooking times etc. Mastercook can adjust the
> recipe for size so don't worry about that.

Texas Quiche - Yield: 24 - 6oz servings

1/2 #10 can Bryan Ham Shanks
19oz Bryan Ham Shanks Juices
2 1/2 cups shredded cheese
3 cups eggs
4 cups biscuit mix
4 cups milk
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup jalepeno (optional, but that's what gives its name)
3/4 cup diced bell pepper
3/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preparation:
Spray full steam pan with pan spray and shred ham shanks on bottom;
combine remaining ingredients in bowl and pour over ham shanks; bake
at 400F for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Hold on steam
table at least 20 minutes before serving. Serve with fruit garnish.

Note: The Bryan Ham Shanks comes packed 6/#10 cans per case. I get
it from Sysco Food Service. It is a very versatile product, and
since it is canned, it has a long shelf life with no refrigeration
needed.

Hope this helps.

M. White

Apr 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/30/95

There is an excellent recipe for Strata in the book "Morning Food" which
I have at my office. If you'd like it mail me back. I used to serve it
when i catered on it was a big hit. Sort of cross between a fritata,
souffle and quiche....eggs and cream, cheese, french bread, yur choice of
cheese and veggies (I like asparagus). Great for crowds and you prepare
the day before, it needs to sit so the bread can soak up the egg mixture.

Lemme know,

Meg

On Wed, 26 Apr 1995 dst...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu wrote:

> The subject line says it. We need something to feed 150 people so it
> can't be too expensive to make. I have some ideas but don't have time
> to experiment with cooking times etc. Mastercook can adjust the
> recipe for size so don't worry about that.

Marci V. Knight

May 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/6/95
M. White (mlw...@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu) wrote:

: There is an excellent recipe for Strata in the book "Morning Food" which

: Lemme know,

: Meg

: >
: >
: >
: >
Here's an easy one, but you will probably have to use a pie crust that
will fit into a large pan unless y'all choose to make a lot of little ones.

Country Breakfast Pie

1 lb. sausage
9" pie shell
1 1/2 c. grated cheese
1/4 c. chopped bell pepper
1/4 c. chopped red pepper
2 T. chopped onion
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 c. light cream

Cook sausage and drain. Let cool. Mix cheese and sausage then sprinkle
into shell. Combine remaining ingredients. Pour into shell. Bake 40-45
min. Cool 10 min. before serving.

--Hope this will do--
MK