Mexican pizza so why not Italian taco?

Kenneth Leja

Nov 14, 2003, 3:34:10 AM11/14/03

Nov 14, 2003, 7:12:42 AM11/14/03
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

In news:32d5fa9b.03111...@posting.google.com,
Kenneth Leja <ken...@hotmail.com> typed:

Dan Goodman

Nov 14, 2003, 3:39:11 PM11/14/03
ken...@hotmail.com (Kenneth Leja) wrote in
news:32d5fa9b.03111...@posting.google.com:

> Ever try Italian beef in tortillas?

Closest I've heard of is German tacos. Not from Germany, but from a German-
settled part of Texas.

--
Dan Goodman
Journal http://dsgood.blogspot.com or

WardNA

Nov 14, 2003, 7:28:44 PM11/14/03
Is manicotti close enough to rate?

Sylvia

Nov 15, 2003, 9:00:34 PM11/15/03
Even knowing you're a troll, I've got to mention Macaroni Grill's
wonderful Italian nachos. I have NO idea how they make the "chips" but
they're far better than traditional Mexican corn or flour tortilla
chips. The Asiago cream sauce is a taste delight, and the chopped
tomatoes, green onions, and black olives combine to do wonderful things
to my taste buds.

Dang, I wish there was a Macaroni Grill nearby, just writing about them
has made me hungry.

--
Sylvia Steiger RN, homeschooling mom since Nov 1995
http://www.SteigerFamily.com

A.T. Hagan

Nov 17, 2003, 4:33:10 PM11/17/03
On 14 Nov 2003 20:39:11 GMT, Dan Goodman <dsg...@visi.com> wrote:

>ken...@hotmail.com (Kenneth Leja) wrote in
>
>> Ever try Italian beef in tortillas?
>>
>Closest I've heard of is German tacos. Not from Germany, but from a German-
>settled part of Texas.

This is interesting.

Would you elaborate on what a German Taco is?

.....Alan.

--
Curiosity killed the cat -
lack of it is killing mankind.

Dan Goodman

Nov 17, 2003, 6:44:48 PM11/17/03
athaganR...@atlantic.net (A.T. Hagan) wrote in

> On 14 Nov 2003 20:39:11 GMT, Dan Goodman <dsg...@visi.com> wrote:
>
>>ken...@hotmail.com (Kenneth Leja) wrote in
>>
>>> Ever try Italian beef in tortillas?
>>>
>>Closest I've heard of is German tacos. Not from Germany, but from a
>>German- settled part of Texas.
>
> This is interesting.
>
> Would you elaborate on what a German Taco is?

I googled for it a while ago, and as I recall it was a taco made with
summer sausage. Searching now, I found one description -- in German --
which basically says it's a taco with sausage and sauerkraut. The text is
a travel report on Fredericksburg, Texas.

Here's the German text, and the computer translation which Google
helpfully provided:

German Tacos waren Tacos (sehr mexikanisch) mit Sauerkraut und Wurst.
Naja, gab eher so Essen, wie sich die Fredricksburger das vorstellen, wie
das in Deutschland so ist. Ganz wichtig "Kraut".

German Tacos were Tacos (very Mexican) with sauerkraut and sausage. Naja,
gave meals rather in such a way, as the Fredricksburger imagines that,
how in Germany like that is. Completely importantly "herb".

Dan Goodman

Nov 17, 2003, 7:00:12 PM11/17/03
athaganR...@atlantic.net (A.T. Hagan) wrote in

> On 14 Nov 2003 20:39:11 GMT, Dan Goodman <dsg...@visi.com> wrote:

>>ken...@hotmail.com (Kenneth Leja) wrote in
>>

>>> Ever try Italian beef in tortillas?
>>>
>>Closest I've heard of is German tacos. Not from Germany, but from a
>>German- settled part of Texas.
>
> This is interesting.
>
> Would you elaborate on what a German Taco is?

I looked it up a while ago, and got the information that it's a taco with
summer sausage. Looking it up now, I find the information only in German.
Luckily, Google kindly provides a translation.

Was es bei uns in Deutschland alles zu essen gibt ...