Needed Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe

Rita G.

Oct 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/8/95
I have a friend that is looking for an authentic recipe for Jamaican
Jerk Chicken. Please send me your favorite Jamaican Jerk recipe.

Thanks in advance,

Rita

BrawnyBear

Oct 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/12/95
MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

Title: Vernon's Jerk Style Jamaican Chicken
Categories: Sauces
Yield: 6 servings

1 1/4 lb Large white onions,
-quartered
1/2 lb Fresh Jamaican chiles (also
-called Scotch bonnets),
Cored and quartered (See
-Note)
4 oz Fresh ginger, peeled
1/4 c Ground allspice
1/4 c Fresh thyme leaves
3 tb Freshly ground black pepper
1 c White wine vinegar
1 c Dark soy sauce
1 Chicken (4 to 6 pounds),
-well rinsed, patted dry,
And cut into 6 pieces

This pungent Jamaican sauce can be used to marinate pork butts (makes
em run faster), beef round roasts, porgies, red snapper, as well as
chicken. Says Vernon, "You can even use my sauce like ketchup. One
guy pours it on his scrambled eggs." The sauce keeps well in the
refrigerator tightly covered.

JERK SAUCE

* Pulverize the onions, chiles, and ginger in a blender or food
processor. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in the
allspice, thyme, black pepper, vinegar, and soy sauce.

* Coat the chicken with the sauce. Cover and marinate in the
refrigerator for 24 hours, turning once.

* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place a meat thermometer in one
of the thigh pieces. Place a shallow pan of boiling water on the
oven floor. Put the chicken on a rack and place in a roasting pan.
Roast, basting frequently with the sauce, until three-quarters cooked
(120 degrees on the meat thermometer), 30 to 45 minutes. Remove the
chicken from the oven. Remove the meat thermometer

* Preheat a broiler or grill

* Baste the chicken with more jerk sauce. Sear the chicken for 5
minutes under a preheated broiler or over a very hot charcoal fire.
Remove from the heat and let sit for 15 minutes before eating

* Serves 6

NOTE: Be sure to wear rubber gloves when handling these very hot
peppers. If you don't you could irritate and burn your skin. Keep
your gloves away from your face and eyes.

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

Title: Jerk Chicken Fajitas with Papaya-Pineapple Salsa
Categories: Grill, Poultry, Salsa
Yield: 4 servings

MMMMM--------------------------CHICKEN-------------------------------
1 lb Boneless chicken breast
-halves
2 ts Jerk Seasoning
8 Flour tortillas
1 1/2 c Black beans, cooked, drained
-and mashed
1 c Light sour cream

MMMMM-------------------PAPAYA-PINEAPPLE SALSA------------------------
3/4 c Ripe papaya, diced
3/4 c Fresh pineapple, diced
1/2 c Diced jicama
3 tb Chopped red onion
1 Chili pepper, serrano or
-jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 Garlic clove, minced
2 ts Lime zest
2 tb Fresh lime juice
1 tb Minced cilantro

Directions for chicken fajitas:

Coat chicken breast halves with jerk seasoning. Marinate at least 1
hour or overnight in refrigerator.

Place chicken in an 8-inch square dish; cover with vented plastic
wrap. Micro-wave on medium-high, 7-8 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.

Slice chicken into thin strips. Divide black beans, chicken strips,
sour cream and salsa between tortillas; fold up one edge to form a
pocket and roll to hold filling.

Directions for Papaya Pineapple Salsa:

Combine papaya, pineapple, jicama, red onion, chili pepper, garlic,
lime zest, lime juice and cilantro. cover and refrigerate until
ready to serve. For best flavor and texture, do not make more than 2
hours before serving. Posted by Larry Bibich

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

Title: Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Papaya Salsa
Categories: Poultry
Yield: 4 servings

MMMMM--------------------------CHICKEN-------------------------------
4 ea Leg, chicken, quarters
-- broiler/fryer

scbenes@ix.netcom.com@ix.netcom.com

Oct 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/14/95

<bwg> Being a lazy cook, my favorite recipe is using Watkins Jerk
Seasoning. (Art# 1259)

Just add it to oil, soak the chicken in it for a while, and bake or
grill. Fantastic.

^ ^
='.'=
Sarah Beth Benes
Watkins-...@msn.com

Jerry O'Brate

Oct 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/14/95
In <45k6qb$b...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> brawn...@aol.com (BrawnyBear)
writes:

>MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02
>
> Title: Vernon's Jerk Style Jamaican Chicken
> Categories: Sauces
> Yield: 6 servings
>
> 1 1/4 lb Large white onions,
> -quartered
> 1/2 lb Fresh Jamaican chiles (also
> -called Scotch bonnets),
> Cored and quartered (See
> -Note)

1/2 lb Habaneros???? I adore hot food, and this would send me over the
edge!