Chain Pizza (heavy in the stomach?)

TIMOTHY PRODIN

Nov 10, 1991, 3:19:39 PM11/10/91
In article <46...@lee.SEAS.UCLA.EDU> we...@babbage.seas.ucla.edu writes:
> So, chain pizza can be good; there's no law about it.

That's right. The biggest difference between chains like Numero Uno
and Buddy's (Detriot area - the BEST pizza I have ever had, ever!)
is that everything is prepared on the spot. The chain pizza places,
especally domino's, prepare everthing regionally, and ship it to
the local franchises. This insures a homogenious product, but one
with no character.

I got free checking at BCCI Timothy R. Prodin
stu...@mtu.edu

Joni Stevenson IN44

Nov 11, 1991, 11:25:13 AM11/11/91
In article <911110202...@mtu.edu> stu...@MTU.EDU (TIMOTHY PRODIN) writes:
>In article <46...@lee.SEAS.UCLA.EDU> we...@babbage.seas.ucla.edu writes:
>> So, chain pizza can be good; there's no law about it.
>
>That's right. The biggest difference between chains like Numero Uno
>and Buddy's (Detriot area - the BEST pizza I have ever had, ever!)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
UGHH!

I'm a transferred Chicagoan and I will never understand this sentiment!
The crust tastes like Bisquick and the grease just lays on the top!
Give me Pizzeria Uno or Give me death!!

Joni Stevenson

Doris Woods

Nov 12, 1991, 4:50:18 PM11/12/91
In article <911110202...@mtu.edu> stu...@MTU.EDU (TIMOTHY PRODIN) writes:

I don't know about that. Maybe Domino's does but I worked
for a Little Sleazers :-) (Ceasers) and they make their own sauce
and dough etc. I think Hungry Howies does also. I'm not saying their's
is the best pizza (the best I've ever had is Federici's in Freehold
NJ :-) ) but there stuff is definitely not made at some regional
factory and shipped out.

Doris

Ted Taylor

Nov 14, 1991, 1:29:57 AM11/14/91

JI> Actually, "Numero Uno" is a different chain than "Pizzeria Uno". The
JI> Numero Uno's that I've been to are on the west coast (So. Cal.), while
JI> the Pizzeria Uno's I've been to started on the east coast and are
JI> spreading into the midwest. They are probably (?) somehow related, but
JI> I'm not sure.

I've tried to track this down, and I believe they are NOT related. I had a
wonderful garlic pizza at a Numero Uno not far from Los Angeles -- not a white
pizza, but a regular, reddish pizza with a variety of ingredients, one of which
was grated garlic. An outstanding pizza. It's almost enough to make me want
to go back to Southern California.

Oops... another regional slam. And by a New Yorker, against California, too.
Maybe there's something to that...

* Origin: Not yet disapPointed. (1:109/104.4214)